PDA

View Full Version : Wynne, Garcia expected back for Chivas

DangerRed
08-17-2009, 02:30 PM
TFC says they'll likely be ready.

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090817&content_id=6469424&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

But given how well we played without them, do we start them both. And Jimmy's also out for Chivas because of the yellows accumulated. Does that change your mind?

Darlofletch
08-17-2009, 02:34 PM
I'd rather start neither of them, if we go same formation as against dc, barrett could take brennan's lm spot, or if we go 4 at the back, give fellinga a start. I think Nana and Gomez both earned their place, and it's now theirs to lose.

mastermixer
08-17-2009, 02:34 PM
I can't believe they practised at BMO in this heat! I would of guessed they went to Oakville today.

Jay P
08-17-2009, 02:40 PM
I can't believe they practised at BMO in this heat! I would of guessed they went to Oakville today.

might help when playing in LA saturday?

TFC07
08-17-2009, 02:55 PM
TFC says they'll likely be ready.

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090817&content_id=6469424&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

But given how well we played without them, do we start them both. And Jimmy's also out for Chivas because of the yellows accumulated. Does that change your mind?

No, don't start either one of them.

nimamalek
08-17-2009, 02:57 PM
no thanks, maybe wynne in midfield
or
--wynne--nana--gomez--serioux--
with brennan in midfield but nana and gomez are better defenders then wynne/brennan/garcia from what i've seen

DangerRed
08-17-2009, 02:58 PM
might help when playing in LA saturday?

That's a valid point -- by staying in the sweltering heat, they're getting used to it more. Nana said he could barely breathe in the first half of the D.C. United match but was fine by the second. I think same will happen if they keep hauling ass in the humidity before they head off to California.

rocktml
08-17-2009, 02:59 PM
NO!!!!! Just release these clowns......

DangerRed
08-17-2009, 02:59 PM
or
with brennan in midfield but nana and gomez are better defenders then wynne/brennan/garcia from what i've seen

Brennan's suspended.

mastermixer
08-17-2009, 03:08 PM
any combination without barrett on the pitch seems ok with me.

Shakes McQueen
08-17-2009, 04:15 PM
At this point, Nana has to be considered our first choice RB. These is absolutely no reason to keep starting Wynne there over him, unless they plan to play Attakora as a CB, another position he has played well in the past.

Wynne did look pretty damn good in the Real Madrid friendly, though, so maybe he will get a start. I just don't want to see Serioux at LB again. I liked our lineup more with the 3-5-2, with the LCB-CB-RCB backline. Gomez-Serioux-Attakora is my ideal formation, with Garcia and Wynne as first-choice subs as needed.

- Scott

prizby
08-17-2009, 04:20 PM
there is no way wynne won't play, the way he played in the 2 games before getting injured, he was incredible, he was def MOM against PR and Real Madrid, and he deserves to be in the starting 11

Darlofletch
08-17-2009, 04:21 PM
NO!!!!! Just release these clowns......

that's going way too far. Without knowing the details of their contracts etc, I'd say release garcia in the off season, keep/try and trade Wynne, certainly don't just release him.

Chevy
08-17-2009, 04:21 PM
or

This is your back four. Count on it. Felinga will become the #5 with Brennan moving to the midfield and Robbo to the bench.

prizby
08-17-2009, 04:25 PM
or

hmm

what about
========frei===========
nana-serioux-gomez-fellingna
wynne-cronin-guevara-brennan
vitti playing off of DeRo
Subs:
Edwards
Garcia
Robo
Sanyang
Barrett
OBW
Gerba

Not Used:
Dichio
Gala
Ibrahim

DangerRed
08-17-2009, 04:26 PM
This is your back four. Count on it. Felinga will become the #5 with Brennan moving to the midfield and Robbo to the bench.

Sigh. One more time -- Brennan is suspended and cannot play against Chivas.

Here's the link, in case you've not seen:

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090815&content_id=6440010&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Darlofletch
08-17-2009, 04:26 PM
I hate Serioux at left back, I'd rather go with brennan/fellinga there and serioux in the middle nana on the right and wynne on the bench. Besides, they've looked good so far, but do we want two young kids, one of them just past his 18th birthday as our cb pairing? I wouldn't, not for a long stretch of games.

Darlofletch
08-17-2009, 04:28 PM
and yes dangerRed, i know Brennan's suspended, i'm talking fellinga for chivas and then either brennan or felinga going forward. or just 3 at the back like on saturday.

Shakes McQueen
08-17-2009, 04:30 PM
Can Gomez play left-back? I can't remember if he's ever played it in a game before.

I just really don't want to see Serioux at LB. He has been sub-par there.

- Scott

nimamalek
08-17-2009, 04:58 PM
hmm

what about
========frei===========
nana-serioux-gomez-fellingna
wynne-cronin-guevara-brennan
vitti playing off of DeRo
Subs:
Edwards
Garcia
Robo
Sanyang
Barrett
OBW
Gerba

Not Used:
Dichio
Gala
Ibrahim

I really liked Cronin on the wing, he put in the first great performance by a TFC winger, I think he's good for a few great crosses every game and he's also very responsible defensively which is what we need on wynne's side of the field :)

i'd go
wynne-serioux-gomez-nana
cronin-sanyang-guevara-dero
gerba----white

Shway
08-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Cummins would be dumb to change the line up

S_D
08-17-2009, 05:56 PM
that's going way too far. Without knowing the details of their contracts etc, I'd say release garcia in the off season, keep/try and trade Wynne, certainly don't just release him.

Agreed. Sometimes I wonder about folks here :)

My only concern of having both wynne and Nana is contracts and salary cap. Not sure when Nana's contract is up, but the man will be due for a raise without a doubt. Wynne may not be as defensively sound as Nana but how can you deny having pace on the pitch? If he can learn to cross better, and become a mid, our right side would be pretty formidable.

And if comes down to salary cap, the man would be in demand by probably nearly every team in the league.