PDA

View Full Version : Onward! - Rockin' rookies

Ben Knight
08-17-2009, 10:35 AM
Some days, it actually gets difficult to hate Mo Johnston.

http://onwardsoccer.com/2009/08/17/rockin-rookies/

TFCRegina
08-17-2009, 10:45 AM
Agreed. Loved the post.

flatpicker
08-17-2009, 10:48 AM
nice read... thanks Ben.

Here's hoping these youngsters keep progressing yet stick with TFC for a while.

Wagner
08-17-2009, 10:50 AM
things do look hopeful for the future.

ilikemusic
08-17-2009, 10:56 AM
– to FC Bouncy Castle – for Adrian Serioux

:lol:

And i've been saying it for a long time now, Cronin is money!

He consistently embarasses the veterans on this team with his picture perfect crosses that everyone else seems incapable of executing.

Darlofletch
08-17-2009, 11:02 AM
Fc Bouncy Castle is magnificent.

You've got to think mlse is loving the potential future transfer fees that might be coming in from all these kids.

You mentioned Frei's sliding tackle, after that he looked in pain and was holding the leg that did the sliding. Did he get rugburn?

DangerRed
08-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Great post, can't argue with ya -- the kids absolutely killed. As for Trader Mo, I'll show him some love ... once we hit the playoffs.

TorontoBlades
08-17-2009, 11:09 AM
Let's put into persective....this whole XI below is born in 1985 or later....

------------------Frei

Wynne-----Gomez-----Attakora----Feligna

Cronin-----Vitti----------Sanyang------Gala

-------------White-------Ibrahim

mastermixer
08-17-2009, 11:10 AM
and a nice ShamWow reference too!

TorontoBlades
08-17-2009, 11:11 AM
....and you could throw Barrett in there if you fancy, which I don't

Ben Knight
08-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Note the Vitti shot in the story, though. Yes, he set up Brennan's header off the post, but wouldn't you have thought just maybe he might have scored with his pretty feet by now?

Wagner
08-17-2009, 11:28 AM
Fc Bouncy Castle is magnificent.

You've got to think mlse is loving the potential future transfer fees that might be coming in from all these kids.

You mentioned Frei's sliding tackle, after that he looked in pain and was holding the leg that did the sliding. Did he get rugburn?

He may have gotten some rug rash...
but he was holding his leg to fix his compression shorts that rode up when he slid.
i thought the same thing...that he was hurt...but then he just pulled the short into proper position and seemed fine afterwards.

karlosarmenta
08-17-2009, 11:42 AM
Note the Vitti shot in the story, though. Yes, he set up Brennan's header off the post, but wouldn't you have thought just maybe he might have scored with his pretty feet by now?

I sure noticed the shot about Vitti, but the way Gareth Wheeler describes in his article puts it best in describing Pablo Vitti's role and the Ben Knights out there
"White's emergence allows Pablo Vitti to drop back in a wide midfield role, a position he looks more comfortable in.
Vitti again showed a lot of on-field class against D.C., both taking on players and in distribution. Those who question his soccer acumen don't understand the value of what he brings."
:picard:

Ben Knight
08-17-2009, 11:51 AM
Well, Gareth and I happily don't agree on anything. Yes, Vitti would be better suited as an attacking mid. But good luck getting playing time back there!

karlosarmenta
08-17-2009, 12:09 PM
"good luck getting playing time back there". he is getting playing time back there, isn't he? and are you not contradicting yourself within a sentence of each other by saying you and Gareth don't agree on anything, then say yes, Vitti would be better suited as an attacking mid. therefore you do agree with Gareth? I'm not trying to be hard, and I apologize if I am, I'm just trying to understand what you mean.

TorontoBlades
08-17-2009, 12:25 PM
I liked him playing in a central role.

Lucky Strike
08-17-2009, 12:29 PM
It's a good "feel-good" article, very nice. also loved the Vince reference. As for Gomez, I don't know if it's that what you're referring to but I've noticed that when the ball comes to him, he "steps" on it with his foot at a 45 degree angle (upwards, not sideways) something known as playing "à la Camerounaise" (Cameroon style) because most pitches in that country (and perhaps in Africa in general) are bumpy, uneven and imperfect so that method makes ball control easier under those circumstances. Watch for it!

SanStarko
08-17-2009, 01:12 PM
Let's put into persective....this whole XI below is born in 1985 or later....

------------------Frei

Wynne-----Gomez-----Attakora----Feligna

Cronin-----Vitti----------Sanyang------Gala

-------------White-------Ibrahim

Yep, while a big chunk of the fans have been moaning about the lack of instant success Mo has slowly but surely been putting everything in place for a team that could go on to be a major force in this league for years to come.

H Bomb
08-17-2009, 01:16 PM
Pablo vitti = 2 goals....the least amount from any attacking midfielder this year. the guy is good and has helpedt he team recently...but 2 goals isnt good enough, he needs to be better.

Red CB Toronto
08-17-2009, 03:07 PM
I love the rookies, Saturday was refeshing to see, some really imspired footy being played on the pitch down at BMO, great to see OBW netting his first score, also Sanyang and Gomez did not look out of place at all, come on you Reds.

scooter
08-17-2009, 07:03 PM
Yep, while a big chunk of the fans have been moaning about the lack of instant success Mo has slowly but surely been putting everything in place for a team that could go on to be a major force in this league for years to come.

+1 mo rocks