PDA

View Full Version : based on what

PSB
08-15-2009, 10:47 PM
For manys a while i have read all the posts and threads on everything to do with TFC. I take part or don't based on what i feel is important but when i read this....

Who cares what happened after the game.
No need to start the thread that will bring only negative things.
thread closed

I wonder what exactly this whole site is about. We have been seasons tickets holders since day 1 and although not in the hallowed grounds of the red patch or the u sector we still go every week and have our own take on the games and we are section 123 and we have a right to express our opinions or ask questions based on what we see without being shut down. If every thread was judged based on the way this topic was shut down there would be no discussion of any kind on here. Thousands of points of all varieties have been raised on these boards regarding everything from what is in the burgers to whats on the field so who exactly is the judge out there of what is negative and what is not. And even if something is negative then so be it. I have read so much stuff on here regarding everything that i find it mind boggling that a major incident in 123 is not even worth discussion. Something happened at the end of the game that was significant for the regulars of 123 and many people saw it. It was a simple request from a regular of the section to find out what was going on. There is nothing negative about that. So again... if anyone can cast a bit of light on the situation then us regulars would be willing to know what it was about

Maple Leaf Red
08-15-2009, 10:54 PM
There's already a post-game thread going on. Put it in there. It's an attempt to keep people from starting a thread for every little thing that pops in their head.

billyfly
08-15-2009, 10:59 PM
who gives a fuck about PSB. Fuck off

:rolleyes:

PSB
08-15-2009, 11:04 PM
billyfly cunt and always will be . Billy says it all.

billyfly
08-15-2009, 11:08 PM
May I ask you PSB why you would go to the Leaf thread to post what you did?

May I ask you PSB why you would call a member of the group of the internet board you frequent a See You Next Tuesday?

CretanBull
08-15-2009, 11:24 PM
I wonder what exactly this whole site is about. We have been seasons tickets holders since day 1 and although not in the hallowed grounds of the red patch or the u sector we still go every week and have our own take on the games and we are section 123 and we have a right to express our opinions or ask questions based on what we see without being shut down. If every thread was judged based on the way this topic was shut down there would be no discussion of any kind on here. Thousands of points of all varieties have been raised on these boards regarding everything from what is in the burgers to whats on the field so who exactly is the judge out there of what is negative and what is not. And even if something is negative then so be it. I have read so much stuff on here regarding everything that i find it mind boggling that a major incident in 123 is not even worth discussion. Something happened at the end of the game that was significant for the regulars of 123 and many people saw it. It was a simple request from a regular of the section to find out what was going on. There is nothing negative about that. So again... if anyone can cast a bit of light on the situation then us regulars would be willing to know what it was about

Non-members don't have a "right" to post anything here, you post here at our discretion. Our membership fees pay for the maintance of this message board and out of kindness we allow non members to use its service for free. Everyone who posts here does so within guidelines established by our group and enforced by our moderators. If a mod chose to shut down a thread, understand that it was for a reason and accept it. If you want to complain, pay some membership dues and raise the issue at a meeting or in the private members area.

I suspect (but don't know) that the other thread was closed down because it's purpose was to discuss a fight/violent action that had nothing to do with our group. In the past when we've allowed such discussions to take place here, we've become associated with those events and even blamed for them. We have every right to protect our image and identity from negative associations to things like violence and other problems in the stands. If you have a problem with that, take it up with the hack journalists who can't - or won't - sepparate the difference between what's discussed here and us ourselves.

Gixmo
08-15-2009, 11:40 PM
Non-members don't have a "right" to post anything here, you post here at our discretion. Our membership fees pay for the maintance of this message board and out of kindness we allow non members to use its service for free. Everyone who posts here does so within guidelines established by our group and enforced by our moderators. If a mod chose to shut down a thread, understand that it was for a reason and accept it. If you want to complain, pay some membership dues and raise the issue at a meeting or in the private members area.

And that my friend is why we have the reputation we do....... We're supporters, not clergy - Preaching falls on deaf ears.

This whole 'You aren't a member, blow me mentality' is fucking brutal.. If that's the case, lock the board up and make it 100% private - Just watch the RPB as an organization die. You can approach certain mods, You cannot others.. It all depends 'Who you know' and who you are..

:picard:

CretanBull
08-15-2009, 11:45 PM
This whole 'You aren't a member, blow me mentality' is fucking brutal..

Thats not my attitute at all...re-read what I wrote, in the context of this discussion I'm making a point about things said here that are ultimately held against us. It's happened - more than once. Through our mods, we have to protect ourselves from that.

AL-MO
08-15-2009, 11:48 PM
Wow this is a big waste of server space. :rolleyes:

Gixmo
08-15-2009, 11:48 PM
Thats not my attitute at all...re-read what I wrote, in the context of this discussion I'm making a point about things said here that are ultimately held against us. It's happened - more than once. Through our mods, we have to protect ourselves from that.

Originally Posted by CretanBull http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=671107#post671107)
Non-members don't have a "right" to post anything here, you post here at our discretion.

Sure looks like it...?

How the heck is a 'Non Paying Member' asking a simple question "held against us"

I say again, We wouldn't be in a position where statements are 'held against us' if we didn't run around swinging our internet supporters ego...

I'm outta this one, flame away!

AL-MO
08-15-2009, 11:53 PM
I just read the 123 thread. There is definitely not much point to it. I agree that it should have been closed.

No reason to talk about dumbass fights among TFC fans.

Ageroo
08-16-2009, 12:03 AM
Opening this thread to talk about something that was already closed is very counter productive. If there are issues with the way threads are closed down....please fire off a PM to a mod or administrator to discuss your issues. And on that note....this thread is now closed.