PDA

View Full Version : Did we do enough during the transfer season

gracos
08-15-2009, 01:42 PM
What do you think? Is the signing of Fellinga going to guarantee us a berth at the playoffs this year? Should we of done more? Was the team good enough before this transfer season? What do you think??

backbeat
08-15-2009, 01:56 PM
still not sure if that's all we did yet...what about Charles or Van Dijk or Parke or any of the other speculations.....very quiet it is....

TFC07
08-15-2009, 02:17 PM
Hell no! We still need a quality CB! But at least Velez left Toronto though. :)

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-15-2009, 08:19 PM
Charles and Van Dijk are free agents, does the transfer window apply in their cases? Charles wouldn't even be an international transfer.

ArmenJBX
08-15-2009, 08:23 PM
I have a couple of questions. Doesn't the MLS pay the player salaries? If that's the case, why mess around, offer them contracts and get them eligible for games!

Lucky Strike
08-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Charles and Van Dijk are free agents, does the transfer window apply in their cases? Charles wouldn't even be an international transfer.

As all three are unattached, the transfer window wouldn't matter. The trade freeze is a month later on September 15th (and I think it could even be a roster freeze).

nascarguy
08-15-2009, 08:33 PM
no mo did not do anything good so he better start finding us great players or find a new job I hear wendy's has job opening's

Cambridge_Red
08-15-2009, 09:18 PM
no mo did not do anything good so he better start finding us great players or find a new job I hear wendy's has job opening's

LMFAO...:D

S_D
08-15-2009, 10:21 PM
I have a couple of questions. Doesn't the MLS pay the player salaries? If that's the case, why mess around, offer them contracts and get them eligible for games!

Still have to deal with the cap

Charles has some anger issues :D

Parke has to serve a 4 game suspension when he comes back into the MLS, so this would essentially be a late season/playoffs signing. And Seattle owns his rights so they need to be paid off.

Blizzard
08-16-2009, 01:43 AM

Short staffed at your location are you? ;)

Ossington Mental Youth
08-16-2009, 05:42 AM
Still have to deal with the cap

Charles has some anger issues :D

Parke has to serve a 4 game suspension when he comes back into the MLS, so this would essentially be a late season/playoffs signing. And Seattle owns his rights so they need to be paid off.

thats not to mention that no paper or video has said anything about Parke, i think that is just wishful thinking on someones part (unless anyone can provide proof)

Pachuco
08-16-2009, 10:31 AM
I sure hope Mo hasn't left this team shorthanded for the rest of the season.

Shakes McQueen
08-16-2009, 10:36 AM
Are we sure this is it? Cummins seemed pretty sure that at least one, and maybe two more players were coming down the pipe. And we haven't heard any more news on this Van Djik dude.

- Scott

Pachuco
08-16-2009, 10:39 AM
thats not to mention that no paper or video has said anything about Parke, i think that is just wishful thinking on someones part (unless anyone can provide proof)

Right, and Seattle owns his rights meaning he does apply to the transfer window. At this point, there's no way he'll be in a TFC uniform this year.

S_D
08-16-2009, 10:53 AM
Right, and Seattle owns his rights meaning he does apply to the transfer window. At this point, there's no way he'll be in a TFC uniform this year.

I am not too sure about that. He isn't under contract to anyone right now. Seattle owning his rights would be no different to them having the sole discovery right on a free agent, so I think the roster freeze date would be the only thing that can limit the date he is signed.

Would I give up a second rounder for the guy? Sure Parke is pretty good, and probably as good/better than anything you can pick up in the second round. That 4 game suspension is a kicker though.

Detroit_TFC
08-16-2009, 10:55 AM
Anyway, what's "enough"? Man City spent GBP100 million in the transfer market and some say they didn't do enough. The recent trades and signings Mo has done has marginally improved our small playoff chance, but not substantially so. There's no guarantee that a "big impact" player brought in at this stage would get us into the playoffs anyway (see Gerba).

Pachuco
08-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Anyway, what's "enough"? Man City spent GBP100 million in the transfer market and some say they didn't do enough. The recent trades and signings Mo has done has marginally improved our small playoff chance, but not substantially so. There's no guarantee that a "big impact" player brought in at this stage would get us into the playoffs anyway (see Gerba).

But would you not agree that more depth would certainly give us a better chance of making the playoffs? I personally think we have players good enough to make the playoffs, I just feel there is no sense is leaving roster spots open when you are already short players. Plus, we should have more people competing for spots, it only make everyone work harder.

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-16-2009, 02:41 PM
I'm hoping for van Dijk and Charles, but it has to happen soon for there to be any impact.

Detroit_TFC
08-16-2009, 04:30 PM
It's hard to argue against depth, especially if we demand more from our starters in a playoff push. But I don't hear people wanting depth players, they want somebody to come in to transform our defense or our front line. That is a tall order considering our remaining schedule.

mighty_torontofc_2008
08-16-2009, 04:39 PM
I'm hoping for van Dijk and Charles, but it has to happen soon for there to be any impact.

Charles why? we dont need anymore USL players..we need MLS quality players and charles is not that,