PDA

View Full Version : First time at a game

Kaz
08-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Hey, not sure if this belongs in the forum.. fairly sure it's right here.

I'm going to the DCU game this weekend, and bring someone who has never been to a Football Game before, is there anything I can do to make the experience a better one for them?

we are going to be in 122. (birthday gift) is there anything I should be aware of? Do I need to keep silent? sit pretty? are the BMO Brown Shirts gonna make it feel like 1937 germany? are the washrooms and concessions going to be long lined? (opposed to the east stands)

I've only been to one other match live sadly and that was the early may Columbus match which I had a blast at.. and want to make sure this girl enjoy's her self.. I have to spend the rest of the weekend with her lol.

grizzle
08-14-2009, 05:14 PM
You worry too much ;) Just go and have fun, and tell her to wear some red! The washrooms are really busy at half-time and after the game so if you can hold it in, do so till after you leave. I wouldn't worry about the security in that section unless you are acting like a complete idiot.

Kaz
08-14-2009, 05:54 PM
You worry too much ;) Just go and have fun, and tell her to wear some red! The washrooms are really busy at half-time and after the game so if you can hold it in, do so till after you leave. I wouldn't worry about the security in that section unless you are acting like a complete idiot.

Damn it I told her to wear black.. and Volkswagen swag.... :P

FluSH
08-14-2009, 06:01 PM
I've never been to 122... but tomorrow's match due to it's importance should be LIVE everywhere like never before...

Make sure your friend has a scarf... that's a must

Kaz
08-14-2009, 06:10 PM
ya I think I'll lend her mind if she doesn't want some other swag.. I'm getting my jersey finally.

Kevvv
08-14-2009, 06:15 PM

Actually, the women's is just fine, the men's is bad. Take our cue from the people around you to some extent. They won't let you stand all game, but that defeats the point of having comfy seats anyway. I would expect lots of yelling, jeering and cheering, but not much singing in that section.