PDA

View Full Version : Bike parking and bike helmets at BMO

darb
08-14-2009, 03:42 PM
Hey all,

It's going to be a nice day so I want to bike down to BMO saturday afternoon.

Is there usually room at the bike racks around the Ex on game day? Are there bike lockers anywhere?

More importantly, what do you guys do with your bike helmets? Go through Gate 1 and leave them at Fan services?

Any suggestions you have would be great. Thanks.

mighty_torontofc_2008
08-14-2009, 04:04 PM
there is a bike rack to the left of the box office..

Brooker
08-14-2009, 04:16 PM
throw your helmet at Moreno.... please and ty.

rocker
08-14-2009, 04:17 PM
my buddy likes to lock his bike up to the railing next to the Food building entrance.

boomcha
08-14-2009, 04:24 PM
As most cyclist do in the city, you can thread your helmet through to your lock and leave it attached to the bike when you go in. I've done this many many times all over the city and never had an issue. Unless you have some crazy expensive helmet then probably bring it to guest services if they ask you to at the gate.

acorn34
08-14-2009, 05:23 PM
You can also park your bike at the south-east corner of the stadium where there's a cement-and-metal-tubing barrier that brackets the parking lot. Works nicely. The enforcement of the no-helmet policy is uneven, but as suggested above you can lock to your bike. enjoy your ride to the game.

egoodwin
08-14-2009, 06:49 PM
isn't there a bike locker or something right at the go-train station?

Don Julio
08-14-2009, 08:35 PM
Lots of bike parking everywhere.. Best way to get to BMO. Can't see you getting grief about bringing helmets in, but if so they'll just make you check them at guest services.

TorCanSoc
08-14-2009, 09:07 PM
I park on Lakeshore, then bike it in from there. I just attach my bike south of the stadium on the concrete barriers that have the orange'ish bar on them. I've only been asked once to check my helmet. Which is a total crock of shit. Its funny, I got walked to fan services to check in my helmet, but seriously I asked about the adjustable wrench I had, they said "No problem". My 100 gram helmet poses a huge projectile threat, but a two pound hunk of metal is fine.

If the helmet is in my bag, it doesn't need to be checked in? Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to what's allowed or not.