Marching Bands in Soccer

Neon Green Kits

Weak Local Support (read ECS)

Plastic Grass

Male Models as Players

Clubs Owned by Comedians

Clubs Owned by Microsoft®

Seattle Sounders FC
http://www.aces09.com/index.html (http://www.aces09.com/index.html)

And now this.

Announcing the ACES09 Supporters Cup

Hundreds of dollars will be awarded on October 25th to the supporters group of the
club that has the highest goal differential against the Seattle Sounders through the
MLS regular Season.

http://www.aces09.com/acescup.html (http://www.aces09.com/acescup.html)

ArmenJBX
08-13-2009, 04:44 PM
If it's a trophy, we need it.

CRUSH UM TORONTO!!!!

Shakes McQueen
08-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Sounds like a website made by a bunch of Portland supporters.

- Scott

Sonny Cheeba
08-13-2009, 04:45 PM
accept seattle?

why should i accept them?

BayernTFC
08-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Hundreds of dollars will be awarded on October 25th to the supporters group of the
club that has the highest goal differential against the Seattle Sounders through the
MLS regular Season.
Seems quite unique to me. They certainly are passionate about their cause.

werewolf
08-13-2009, 04:46 PM
can we get clarification from Gerry Dobson if yellow cards are a tie-breaker in the cup?

werewolf
08-13-2009, 04:49 PM
btw, whatever happened to that rumour of the Sounders pumping in crowd noise through the speakers?

[NBF]
08-13-2009, 04:50 PM
:out:ACES: Any Club Accept Seattle<---------------hahahaha:rofl:

Shakes McQueen
08-13-2009, 05:04 PM
I think those TFC/Madrid scarves will become a collectors item 30 years from now.

- Scott

Cannon
08-13-2009, 05:08 PM
Interesting enough site and they do seem VERY passionate about their cause.

Plus they have a sweet picture infront of the Seattle marching band

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1881/marchtothamatch.jpg

London
08-13-2009, 05:11 PM
^^^ that pic is disgracefull!!!! ( the band)

zeelaw
08-13-2009, 05:11 PM
man wtf is up with taht marching band... that looks retarded.

Cannon
08-13-2009, 05:12 PM
The guy/scarf really make up for it though.

Beach_Red
08-13-2009, 05:12 PM
can we get clarification from Gerry Dobson if yellow cards are a tie-breaker in the cup?

:D:D:D

Kaz
08-13-2009, 05:13 PM
spelling mistake by the poster not the group aside...

these people need to get a smack down... I mean really?... all support is good for the sport...

I'll always be a Reds fan first... but I certainly am happy to see success Seattle has had... everyone should be.

Shakes McQueen
08-13-2009, 05:13 PM
We really should get a run of "FUCK COLUMBUS" or "FUCK NEW YORK" scarves made, haha.

- Scott

Cannon
08-13-2009, 05:16 PM
"RED BULLS ARE SHITE" would make for a better scarf than "FUCK NEW YORK" if you ask me.

However put me down for a "FUCK COLUMBUS" :D

TFCRegina
08-13-2009, 05:24 PM
"RED BULLS ARE SHITE" would make for a better scarf than "FUCK NEW YORK" if you ask me.

Red Bulls are Shite is beautiful.

Hustle
08-13-2009, 05:31 PM
That band is embarassing. It looks like they are going to drop a deuce on main street!

These ACES dudes are pretty intense..if you read their boards, the two guys that make up the club are full of piss and vinegar. Definitely Timbers Supporters.

AL-MO
08-13-2009, 05:52 PM
Interesting enough site and they do seem VERY passionate about their cause.

Plus they have a sweet picture infront of the Seattle marching band

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1881/marchtothamatch.jpg

Pretty sure that is not the REAL band. Its ACES mocking Seattle for using one.

eustacchio
08-13-2009, 05:59 PM
^ I think that's even funnier. I wish there was audio and that it was just a bunch of uncoordinated noise.

They would have had to have bought all that seattle gear though, no?

ExiledRed
08-13-2009, 06:02 PM
;668264']:out:ACES: Any Club Accept Seattle<---------------hahahaha:rofl:

It's actually "except."

It says so on their website, I think the mistake is the OP's.

jloome
08-13-2009, 06:33 PM
Pretty sure that is not the REAL band. Its ACES mocking Seattle for using one.

No, that's the actual band.

Can someone change the title of this thread to 'Except'?

DOMIN8R
08-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Thanks for pointing that out, Gents. Corrected.

twistedchinaman
08-13-2009, 07:22 PM
There is a certain level of :picard: to it.
But otherwise, man Seattle must be doing damned well to garner THIS sorta hate.

twistedchinaman
08-13-2009, 07:23 PM
And for the record, ACES rates:

:picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard:

On the Facepalm Scale.

AL-MO
08-13-2009, 07:56 PM
No, that's the actual band.

Can someone change the title of this thread to 'Except'?

I thought that was ACES mocking Seattle.

I stand corrected I guess.

Yohan
08-13-2009, 07:57 PM
pathetic bunch. why waste so much energy on hating an another club instead of using it to support your own club?

Yeoman
08-13-2009, 08:15 PM
yeah it's a timbers thing
i float around there from time to time
those are scarfs that are in demand that apparently get confiscated wherever they go

Chevy
08-13-2009, 08:23 PM

Scarves have two sides don't they? Combo!

jloome
08-13-2009, 08:49 PM
I thought that was ACES mocking Seattle.

I stand corrected I guess.

Almost unbelievably, their marches actually ARE than cheesy. Buddy of mine attended their second or third home game and watched a segment of it from a brew pub, and said he almost spit up his beer.

Mind you, he said the support at the game was second to none, and he's been to BMO (although from what I've heard on TV I find that hard to believe.)

twistedchinaman
08-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Almost unbelievably, their marches actually ARE than cheesy. Buddy of mine attended their second or third home game and watched a segment of it from a brew pub, and said he almost spit up his beer.

Mind you, he said the support at the game was second to none, and he's been to BMO (although from what I've heard on TV I find that hard to believe.)

We're gonna have to see how it goes down on 29 August for ourselves!

ExiledRed
08-13-2009, 09:22 PM
I think its amusing, this pleases me.

Jay P
08-13-2009, 10:32 PM
ACES ftw! Its the stuff that makes MLS great! Its like the west coast version of what DCU support does for NYRB....

Cashcleaner
08-13-2009, 10:51 PM
There is a certain level of :picard: to it.
But otherwise, man Seattle must be doing damned well to garner THIS sorta hate.

That's what I'm thinking as well. Like it's been suggested, it's probably run by some Portland Timbers supporters, but who the fuck cares? These guys are okay in my books.

AL-MO
08-13-2009, 11:03 PM

The only reason I thought it was them mocking Seattle was that I saw it in the Supporters Photo thread over @ Big Soccer.

Funny Portland/Seattle seems like the new Toronto/Columbus (in terms of internet shit talking) LOL

Jay P
08-14-2009, 08:17 AM
Funny Portland/Seattle seems like the new Toronto/Columbus (in terms of internet shit talking) LOL

portland/seattle go back a little while... we only notice it now because of Seattle being in MLS.

when portland and van city hit MLS, the rivalry b/w the 3 cities in the north west will be huge!

Parkdale
08-14-2009, 08:30 AM
btw, whatever happened to that rumour of the Sounders pumping in crowd noise through the speakers?

here's the scoop...

I will be going to seattle for the TFC match and shooting a full 'news style' expose piece on the REAL DEAL with the Sounders.

We've all heard great things about the club, but we've also heard that a lot of it is made up.

I will pull back the green curtain in emerald city and expose them for what they are!

Jay P
08-14-2009, 08:31 AM
here's the scoop...

I will be going to seattle for the TFC match and shooting a full 'news style' expose piece on the REAL DEAL with the Sounders.

We've all heard great things about the club, but we've also heard that a lot of it is made up.

I will pull back the green curtain in emerald city and expose them for what they are!

ACES will love youuuuuuu

TorCanSoc
08-14-2009, 08:32 AM
OK maybe I'm showing my age.. but I like a good marching band. OK not quite a fit at a soccer game. But if you go to an event and a marching band comes through, you take notice. I found Chicago's in-game Section-8 drumming was really good. If done well it looks great. If its small time then it comes off bad.

Parkdale
08-14-2009, 08:39 AM
word... just posted on their website.

http://aces09.aceboard.com/331174-837-2379-0-Greetins-from-Patch-with-nasty-plan.htm

and great... now I've set myself up, and I have to deliver.

MartinUtd
08-14-2009, 08:46 AM
Personally I think its kinda funny. Seattle does have a sort of astro turf feeling to their support.

trane
08-14-2009, 09:04 AM
pathetic bunch. why waste so much energy on hating an another club instead of using it to support your own club?

I agree. I leave that to the KKKrew.

Parkdale
08-14-2009, 09:46 AM
oh boy, that forums is filled with haters.

wonder if that one post is who I think it is..... probably.

MartinUtd
08-14-2009, 11:07 AM
While we're on the topic of Seattle, does anybody have a hook up for tickets? I waited too long and am currently S.O.L.

Parkdale
08-14-2009, 11:09 AM
I think you might be SOL. the RPB group tickets have already been ordered.

MartinUtd
08-14-2009, 11:14 AM
Yeah and the game itself is sold out, i might have to do the $40-70 stubhub tickets if it comes down to it.

I know you guys have a new policy with the away forum, dya think in the future a "who's in for tickets" thread could be posted in public? Just a thought. (On second thought, is this a move to restrict non rpb from pulling a "Columbus" under your banner? If so, it makes sense).

ps- sorry if this seems like thread hijacking, but I really didn't want to great a new one for this sole purpose.

Parkdale
08-14-2009, 11:37 AM
ps- sorry if this seems like thread hijacking, but I really didn't want to great a new one for this sole purpose.

don't worry, that's cool.

the short version is this: RPB can move tickets amongst ourselves, but we can't sell tickets to outsiders (even a face value) without it raising all types of issues. We're not a ticket agent, or a travel agency, so selling (or reselling) tickets is tricky situation.

If you've got a buddy who's a member, ask them to inquire for you. All the seattle tickets are gone, but it might help you in the future.

MartinUtd
08-14-2009, 12:22 PM
don't worry, that's cool.

the short version is this: RPB can move tickets amongst ourselves, but we can't sell tickets to outsiders (even a face value) without it raising all types of issues. We're not a ticket agent, or a travel agency, so selling (or reselling) tickets is tricky situation.

If you've got a buddy who's a member, ask them to inquire for you. All the seattle tickets are gone, but it might help you in the future.

Its all making sense now. Kevin gave me the other side of it re: the ticket agent thing and the legal issue it entails.

But just in case anyone backs out, I'm down for taking their spot :D

Cashcleaner
08-14-2009, 12:34 PM
here's the scoop...

To be honest though, I'm sure some of the rumours will be bullshit. Remember, everyone was saying the same sorta things about Toronto when we go in the league.

ArmenJBX
08-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Im TorontoFC_JBX from Parkdale's link.

Seriously, you guys may think Seattle is artificial, and maybe it's true, but right now, ACES is the worst thing we should be associating ourselves in. We've already got hooligan reputations and supporting a hate group doesn't seem like a smart move.

The ECS are a friendly bunch that I'm happy to say I've chatted with firsthand when they came to Toronto. Seattle is really the only club who can relate to us with success, we together are the future of this league, so maybe helping ACES is a bad idea...

I dunno about you guys but ACES seem like a bunch of losers. Let Drew Carey do his thing, it's not like it's horrible adding a bit of noise and encouragign songs.....

Jay P
08-14-2009, 01:13 PM

Dirk Diggler
08-14-2009, 01:21 PM
I have to agree with TFCSuperfan ... I don't understand why we need to associate ourselves with a group dedicated to hating another team that isn't Clownbus or NY ... why are we butting in the Seattle - Portland rivalry? Seems really stupid to me.

MartinUtd
08-14-2009, 01:24 PM
I don't this this is about forming associations. I think Parkdale planned on filming his expose regardless and just found another forum that would enjoy his poking fun at SSFC.

AL-MO
08-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Im TorontoFC_JBX from Parkdale's link.

Seriously, you guys may think Seattle is artificial, and maybe it's true, but right now, ACES is the worst thing we should be associating ourselves in. We've already got hooligan reputations and supporting a hate group doesn't seem like a smart move.

The ECS are a friendly bunch that I'm happy to say I've chatted with firsthand when they came to Toronto. Seattle is really the only club who can relate to us with success, we together are the future of this league, so maybe helping ACES is a bad idea...

I dunno about you guys but ACES seem like a bunch of losers. Let Drew Carey do his thing, it's not like it's horrible adding a bit of noise and encouragign songs.....

I have to agree with TFCSuperfan ... I don't understand why we need to associate ourselves with a group dedicated to hating another team that isn't Clownbus or NY ... why are we butting in the Seattle - Portland rivalry? Seems really stupid to me.

Who says we are associating with them in any way?

RPB doesn't want anything to do with ACES. Why would we? We focus on supporting our team and not hating on anothers JUST BECAUSE.

Parkdale will be Parkdale and will shoot a video. He does that everywhere.

ilikemusic
08-14-2009, 02:03 PM
This ACES thing has seemed really lame ever since I first heard about it.

ArmenJBX
08-14-2009, 02:09 PM
Ahhh gotcha;p

Yohan
08-14-2009, 02:11 PM
funny thing is, apparently ACES was started by bunch of Crew supporters, but co-opted by Timbers supporters

AL-MO
08-14-2009, 02:17 PM
funny thing is, apparently ACES was started by bunch of Crew supporters, but co-opted by Timbers supporters

Crew fans know how to act like morons.

They go around the internet boasting about their support and their banners and they have never made a banner bigger than 20 X 10.

I had a chuckle over the whole idea of ACES, but I'd rather devote my time and energy to supporting TFC. (and not simply hating on another team in the league)

Parkdale
08-14-2009, 02:17 PM
Parkdale will be Parkdale and will shoot a video. He does that everywhere.

yeah, that's pretty much it.

I'm doing it for fun, and if that encourages other supporters to 'up their game', then good for them.

Cashcleaner
08-14-2009, 02:30 PM
^ I remember all the shit we were starting in 2007 with the other groups on Big Soccer and elsewhere. We made a lot of enemies with some of the things we were doing and saying, but at the end of the day, it worked didn't it? The more we acted like pompous assholes, the more people hated us. Over time, I'd say that has all helped increase the overall awareness and popularity of the league and the teams involved.

Parkdale
08-14-2009, 02:34 PM
^ I remember all the shit we were starting in 2007 with the other groups on Big Soccer and elsewhere. We made a lot of enemies with some of the things we were doing and saying, but at the end of the day, it worked didn't it? The more we acted like pompous assholes, the more people hated us. Over time, I'd say that has all helped increase the overall awareness and popularity of the league and the teams involved.

hahaha... remember Utah!

To be totally honest here, the other groups don't like us because we're bigger and better than they are. Toronto FC changed the whole fucking thing! If we didn't do what we were doing, there would be no big Columbus support, no case for a supporters based team in Philly, and probably not much going on in Seattle either.

Cashcleaner
08-14-2009, 02:42 PM
I dunno. Its hard to say what could have been with those cities. But I will totally agree that MLS has effectively become two leagues in one. One is full of the old-school clubs that get maybe 12,000 fans turning out on gameday with little fanfare and support, the other has clubs like Toronto FC and Seattle which have really raised the bar for fans.

twistedchinaman
08-14-2009, 03:06 PM

They go around the internet boasting about their support and their banners and they have never made a banner bigger than 20 X 10.

I had a chuckle over the whole idea of ACES, but I'd rather devote my time and energy to supporting TFC. (and not simply hating on another team in the league)

+1 to that.

Only Crew support could ever invoke that much hate to pull of shite like this hot pile of stinker. This seems like crying over split milk when Schmid flew the coop for the Pacific Northwest, and now the Portland Timbers have taken the ball and ran with it.

Seattle we will see for what it is on 29 August.

MartinUtd
08-14-2009, 03:38 PM
What section are you guys in at Quest?

Brooker
08-14-2009, 04:37 PM
ACES are great fun.

FUCK SEATTLE.

Dirk Diggler
08-14-2009, 04:51 PM
hahaha... remember Utah!

To be totally honest here, the other groups don't like us because we're bigger and better than they are. Toronto FC changed the whole fucking thing! If we didn't do what we were doing, there would be no big Columbus support, no case for a supporters based team in Philly, and probably not much going on in Seattle either.

I don't know if that is totally true. The MLS version of Seattle is hugely inspired by TFC, no doubt about it, but I doubt Philly had much to do with us. The "Sons of Bens" existed way before TFC and I'm guessing that the Philly front office would have recognized their efforts irrespective of what we did here in Toronto.

Razcle
08-16-2009, 09:10 PM
Man...."Redbulls are SHITE" would be a fantastic scarf to have when we go into their new stadium next season, especially since a lot of us are going to want to go on that trip.

billyfly
08-16-2009, 10:28 PM
These guys are funny.

twistedchinaman
08-17-2009, 12:54 AM
What section are you guys in at Quest?

203. Hey John Molinaro, make sure you tell the cameras to get some good shots of us!! :D

barca99
08-17-2009, 01:33 AM
203. Hey John Molinaro, make sure you tell the cameras to get some good shots of us!! :D

I'm in 204. Are you with a big group? We're 6, but only my brother and I are huge TFC fans, the others are in for the trip.

twistedchinaman
08-17-2009, 02:29 AM
I'm in 204. Are you with a big group? We're 6, but only my brother and I are huge TFC fans, the others are in for the trip.

It's a good group, about 50.

I would reckon a lot of BC and Western fans should be there?

Parkdale
08-17-2009, 08:43 AM
And Parkdale, you can send this message to the RPB if you want: There is no special philosophy and you don't need to "buy into" anything with ACES. Maybe you really hate Seattle or maybe you just like a good rivalry wind up. Do with ACES what you want. Make it a season long thing or just join in when your club is playing Seattle just because it pisses them off. Like you see in the band photograph posted on the RPB thread, we have some good fun messing around with Seattle fans. Nothing wrong with that. We just want a colorful supporters culture for MLS and we're trying to contribute to that and humbly think we are having a little bit of an impact, however minor.

We're a diverse group from all over MLS and even USL, so we can't control what everybody does and there are sure to be some odd things under the ACES banner as a result, but it is totally grass roots and is just a bunch of passionate football fans messing around.

Anyway, supporters groups don't need to think they are aligining with ACES just because they get a kick out of some of our stunts. Join in if you want, for whatever reason, or not. No worries. And if you do, don't believe people who say you can't support your own club if you think ACES is funny or even own a scarf. That's a Seattle talking point and if you think about it, it's pretty silly. People who are really passionate about the league and the sport have no problem doing both, and are often the most intense supporters of their own club.

Just don't buy the Seattle party lines or people who have friends in Seattle who want to tell you that you can't support ACES. Do what you want.

like we've all said.... it's just having a bit of fun.

twistedchinaman
08-17-2009, 04:36 PM
Um...is this really necessary?

Seattle is the last city we need to show up. If nothing, alienating them is counterproductive to the cause of promoting this league. I'm not defending them -- I am the first on their board to say bring all they got on 29 August -- but is this a necessary move, Parky? Do we want to pick a fight with ECS when they should likely be our allies in the battle against apathy?

Is it necessary, that less than 15 days out, we are broadcasting that we are going to "expose" the place that we are going to visit? Is it necessary that you use our group's name to do "investigative journalism" in the name of some Shitlumbus KKKrew and Portland Timbers hacks, just so they can get a hard-on about their anti-Seattle fantasies? Do you want to mortgage our group's name so that you can give KKKrew "support" a comfort blanket? What will siding with a bunch of hackjobs from Portland do for us?

Think about that. But do what you like -- but you won't represent my views. And remember you are intending to post the finished product on RedPatchBoys.tv, not youtube.com/users/parkdale. So please be cautious.

pekduck
08-17-2009, 10:53 PM
like we've all said.... it's just having a bit of fun.

Seattle is the last city we need to show up. If nothing, alienating them is counterproductive to the cause of promoting this league. I'm not defending them -- I am the first on their board to say bring all they got on 29 August -- but is this a necessary move, Parky? Do we want to pick a fight with ECS when they should likely be our allies in the battle against apathy?

Is it necessary, that less than 15 days out, we are broadcasting that we are going to "expose" the place that we are going to visit? Is it necessary that you use our group's name to do "investigative journalism" in the name of some Shitlumbus KKKrew and Portland Timbers hacks, just so they can get a hard-on about their anti-Seattle fantasies? Do you want to mortgage our group's name so that you can give KKKrew "support" a comfort blanket? What will siding with a bunch of hackjobs from Portland do for us?

Think about that. But do what you like -- but you won't represent my views. And remember you are intending to post the finished product on RedPatchBoys.tv, not youtube.com/users/parkdale. So please be cautious.

parky can take whatever video he likes and post on his personal youtube channel or blog or whatever

however i just feel a strong desire to call it out that albeit having an nice intent to simulate rivalry, official RPB position should not be implied or affiliated with such personal production. (yes, i'm talking about redpatchboys.tv and youtube.com/redpatchboys)

unless it's a directive from jack (which i would oppose should it be the case), any thing that may hindre the reputation of rpb (i.e. best SG with best travel record, and welcomed by virtually all sensible SGs etc)shall not be publicized on those official media outlets

looking at parky's position as a senior rpb with a sense of humor and great video production, i'm sure he won't really stir shit up with other SGs, but hey, after seeing mls-rumors and ecs's responses, i have to voice my opinion :rolleyes:

okay.. off with the serious hat :D

carry on :drinking:

SvenFlu
08-18-2009, 01:36 AM
If we didn't do what we were doing, there would be no big Columbus support, no case for a supporters based team in Philly, and probably not much going on in Seattle either.

Wait, let me get this straight. You think Seattle averages 30,000+ fans a game because of Toronto's fans?

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/LA4857-001.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=11D6A58AF5B9646574044EF0E8DE2B216529E79887609E4F

Jay P
08-18-2009, 08:22 AM
hey parkdale you made MLS Rumors hahahaha

http://www.mls-rumors.net/2009/08/report-toronto-fc-supporters-and-aces.html

Parkdale
08-18-2009, 08:27 AM
Hahahahahahahahahah

Parkdale
08-18-2009, 08:38 AM
holy crap!

I'm a wanted man in seattle!

Ageroo
08-18-2009, 08:42 AM
holy crap!

Nice response....cue the pitch forks from them thinking you are a liar! :D

pekduck
08-18-2009, 08:51 AM
holy crap!

Nice response....cue the pitch forks from them thinking you are a liar! :D

what can we say, parky is a star :D

Parkdale
08-18-2009, 08:52 AM
I just posted links to my other travel videos (MTL, Chicago and Charleston)

hope that calms down the angry mobs.

pekduck
08-18-2009, 08:54 AM

cost of stardom :rolleyes:

unless you pull a borat in seattle :D

Ageroo
08-18-2009, 08:56 AM

I hope they like the Rat in Montreal......

Parkdale
08-18-2009, 08:57 AM
I better get a disguise

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3304/3632901225_2f28299580.jpg

Kevvv
08-18-2009, 08:58 AM
holy crap!

At least you're wanted somewhere

Parkdale
08-18-2009, 09:00 AM
At least you're wanted somewhere

you want to be my beer 'poison taster' ?

London
08-18-2009, 09:03 AM
watch out for guys with screwdrivers and knives!!!

gotta love the 12year olds posting!!!

KrazyKanadian
08-18-2009, 09:04 AM
Why broadcast it to them that you're doing it, though?

pekduck
08-18-2009, 09:10 AM

my money is on parky was under influence :P

Kevvv
08-18-2009, 09:12 AM
And for the record, ACES rates:

:picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard:

On the Facepalm Scale.

Facepalm scale =

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=2&pictureid=1836

I refer you to TFC v ShiteBulls, KKKrew, and Cuck Folumbus or whatever. Stones and glass houses. But I completely agree with you.

Sure, but that size completely covers their section. And then some.

Seattle is the last city we need to show up.

If 50ish people can actually show them up, they aren't much of a SG. What's to expose, piped in noise, and whether an American football-style marching band is less hardcore than having a tailgate? I want to know if their supporters are hopped-up on discount espressos. And really, how many super villains wear a Tilley hat?

you want to be my beer 'poison taster' ?

As long as I don't have to drink Molson Dry or Laurentide.

Kevvv
08-18-2009, 09:14 AM
watch out for guys with screwdrivers and knives!!!

gotta love the 12year olds posting!!!

If someone comes at me with a screwdriver, I demand ice and a swizzle stick.

pekduck
08-18-2009, 09:21 AM
If someone comes at me with a screwdriver, I demand ice and a swizzle stick.

lol word

Parkdale
08-18-2009, 09:26 AM

"where's my internet money?"

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/resources/2008/04/SouthParkThumb.jpg

it was just kind of a gag, (and I was sober). who knew it would explode into this?

Parkdale
08-18-2009, 09:27 AM
And really, how many super villains wear a Tilley hat?.

nice connection to that other thread. Trane would approve!

Jay P
08-18-2009, 09:32 AM
it was just kind of a gag, (and I was sober). who knew it would explode into this?

LOL its only ECS/MLSR taking this Wayyyyy toooo seriously.

pekduck
08-18-2009, 09:33 AM
LOL its only ECS/MLSR taking this Wayyyyy toooo seriously.

it's MLSR, they'll take anything to feed the machine.. lol

Ageroo
08-18-2009, 09:37 AM
Just responded to Keith's comment over there......what a bunch of tools. Now I remember why I stay clear of that site....

Roogsy
08-18-2009, 09:45 AM
BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

OMG Sparky...you've managed to get them riled up enough to spill their Starbucks coffee.

Parkdale
08-18-2009, 09:48 AM
ohboy.... I just went to the dentist yesterday and now I have to worry about my teeth?

great!

KrazyKanadian
08-18-2009, 10:07 AM

Anyone who has ever seen the Internets and how people over-react, maybe? :rolleyes:

Parkdale
08-18-2009, 10:10 AM
oh those internets!

Wagner
08-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Anonymous rocks the Guy Faux masks....
we need Dichio masks....
or maybe bald caps (copyright Domin8or)

we'll get everyone going to seattle to wear one....

KrazyKanadian
08-18-2009, 10:54 AM
oh those internets!

Indeed. You still should've known better.

BallardSounder
08-18-2009, 11:47 AM
I was going to avoid posting on this thread, but thought I should jump in to clear up some misconceptions.

First, full disclosure, I'm ECS. While TFC was the first MLS team I cheered for, when the Sounders came in I discovered the joy of having a team I could see in person and love as 'mine'. So, come whenverthegameis, I'll be thrilled to see my two favorite teams play a fun game. As long as there are no red cards, this would be the easiest loss to take, should TFC win. So, that said, there's a couple things to make clear.

First, ECS avoids MLSR, in general. So, I've no idea what kinds of trash was said to you there Parkdale, but it isn't ECS saying those things. We used to try and correct things there, but have mostly now given up. The incorrect idea that our upside down tifo was a protest came from MLSR, for example. Anyway, while ECS has our share of young hotheads, we're in no way shape or form a violent group.

Second, we're fully in support of the concept that "good-natured fan rivalries are essential for the growth of the MLS and the sport in North America". The key is the "good natured" part. ACES is the opposite of that, however, as it really does nothing to promote anything other than hatred of Seattle. While I'm personally kind of pleased that my team has drawn a hate group, I don't think it does anything positive for MLS or the sport.

On the other hand, if you show up in your colors, with your scarves, and sing your songs, then after the match we'd be happy to drink beers with you and show you around Seattle - win or lose.

That's why the idea that your video should be an ACES project is kind of sad, because it really misses an opportunity for you to see what a good natured fan rivalry could be like. We could have invited you into our section or to our bar to see things first hand, but when you wear the ACES scarf that says "Fuck Seattle", then it makes it less fun.

I also personally don't like the idea since I LIKE TFC. ACES is mainly Kolumbus, Portland, Chicago, DCU, and sort of San Jose. I don't like them, so I like the idea that they care as much about Seattle losing as they do their team winning. To see you guys come here wearing ACES scarves would just make me sad. It would be as if I came to a SSFC away game there and wore a Montreal scarf.

Anyway, I'll try and make it to Fado before the game and will buy a round, even if you're in ACES colors.

- "Bathos"

Parkdale
08-18-2009, 11:54 AM
thanks for taking the time to come here and post that.
I think we see eye to eye on a lot of things.

as for this:

That's why the idea that your video should be an ACES project is kind of sad, because it really misses an opportunity for you to see what a good natured fan rivalry could be like. We could have invited you into our section or to our bar to see things first hand, but when you wear the ACES scarf that says "Fuck Seattle", then it makes it less fun.

My video isn't an aces project; it's just another video in a long line of videos I've made. I'm doing it more to document the trip, and take a few pot-shots at the team we're visiting (it happens on every trip). The goal is to make a video that people can enjoy, regardless of what team they support.

and for wearing an aces scarf.... you don't need to worry. I only wear TFC RED.

If anything, this has been a crash course in the darker side of fan rivalries.
Interesting, but like so many things on the internet, just plain goofy.

cheers

Cambridge_Red
08-18-2009, 12:05 PM
wow........

Kevvv
08-18-2009, 12:10 PM
indeed

Wagner
08-18-2009, 12:12 PM
who knew that Parkdale is the most powerful supporter in North America?

Kevvv
08-18-2009, 12:14 PM
anyone standing downwind

Parkdale
08-18-2009, 12:16 PM
anyone standing downwind

hahaha... damn you kevv!

A.C.E.Kevvvv

Lucky Strike
08-18-2009, 12:38 PM
thanks for taking the time to come here and post that.
I think we see eye to eye on a lot of things.

as for this:

My video isn't an aces project; it's just another video in a long line of videos I've made. I'm doing it more to document the trip, and take a few pot-shots at the team we're visiting (it happens on every trip). The goal is to make a video that people can enjoy, regardless of what team they support.

and for wearing an aces scarf.... you don't need to worry. I only wear TFC RED.

If anything, this has been a crash course in the darker side of fan rivalries.
Interesting, but like so many things on the internet, just plain goofy.

cheers

That's what I always assumed - to me it seems more like it's MLSR "branding" your upcoming video as ACES-related rather than you saying "I'm going to Seattle in support of ACES or to do an ACES video".

Where the hell did this ACES garbage come from anyway?!?

Parkdale
08-18-2009, 12:42 PM
That's what I always assumed - to me it seems more like it's MLSR "branding" your upcoming video as ACES-related.

and posting it on the aces board wasn't a great idea (hindsight is 20/20)
I didn't realize just how much the ECS and ACES dislike each other.
Well now, I know, and knowing is half the battle.

Parkdale
08-18-2009, 01:00 PM
well here's a reply from a Seattle guy:

Parkdale - mighty cool of you to come here and clarify dude, beer to that!

good to know we're all on the same page.... we're all mature, reasonable fans, no reason we can't have intelligent dialogue together before & after the game. the thing is, when you mention "ACES", all bets are off. the "ACES" movement is very retarded - it's hate built on the sake of hating. I think if you had mentioned that video idea on any avenue or forum OTHER than ACES, it wouldn't have mattered. When you attach the "ACES" issue to it..... well.... you know. ACES was formed by a couple of DC United guys when our team just came into the MLS, (and then widely adopted by Portland) - so there was no real bad blood or rivalry as far as DC. why the hate? jealousy i gues? honestly i have no idea. why do you hate anything? The only sports teams i hate are the ones that dominate my favorite teams constantly. Outside of that, i could care less. They try to sugar-coat it or alter the meaning to appeal to more than just DC or Portland fans by making claims of "solidarity" or something against corporate sponsorship. does it make sense? the fact that every MLS team has a fat sponsorship logo on their jerseys begs to contest that.

whatever. you guys know we're real fans. we know you're real fans. i'd recommend avoiding ACES because of just that - it really is genuinely retarded. You can dislike us without belonging to ACES. To the Toronto fans that want to grab a pint - i'd be 100% willing to do so, but not pre-game as i'll be spending it with other ECS members.... but another time, to watch football, discuss the games. i'm in. I'll even meet you at the bar to watch a Toronto game, i don't care. It's all in good sport, honestly.... and i'm a good sport.

At the end of the day it comes down to maturity levels IMO. We all root for our teams, we hate each other for 90 minutes, but outside of those 90 minutes i don't see why we can't be civil toward each other. Glad to see you guys are on that page, and i look forward to having some friendly pints with you in the future. :thumbup:

talk about opening a can of worms! Man... I better get started on this video now.
people are going to be expecting some greatness!

Roogsy
08-18-2009, 01:03 PM
You did it to yourself! LMAO!

Parkdale
08-18-2009, 01:04 PM
You did it to yourself! LMAO!

with a little help from MLS Rumors.

;)

Krasno.pL.
08-18-2009, 01:06 PM
isnt the TIFF soon? lol :P

Parkdale
08-18-2009, 01:14 PM
isnt the TIFF soon? lol :P

:smilielol5:

like they'd ever let me near the red carpet

nancymiranda
08-18-2009, 01:16 PM
He made it onto the MLS Rumours webpage:
http://www.mls-rumors.net/search/label/toronto%20fc

REPORT: Toronto FC Supporters and ACES Join Forces for "Seattle Exposé Video" (http://www.mls-rumors.net/2009/08/report-toronto-fc-supporters-and-aces.html)

Posted by Rumor Mill Monday, August 17, 2009

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/209/502784202_4c86390f5b.jpg?v=0 (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/209/502784202_4c86390f5b.jpg?v=0)Parkdale (above) plans Seattle Exposé Documentary.

A man by the name of "Parkdale", a prolific Toronto FC and Red Patch Boys videographer (http://www.youtube.com/redpatchboys) has decided to get to the bottom of the "Rave Green" revolution by making a trip to the Emerald City August 29th for Toronto FC's only game in Seattle.

Here is what he posted on the ACES09 message board: (http://aces09.aceboard.com/331174-837-2379-0-Greetins-from-Patch-with-nasty-plan.htm)

Hello fellow ACES supporters, just wanted to drop a note here because I've got a plan set up to expose Seattle for all their B.S. (not bigsoccer, the other BS). My glorious club, the Toronto FC is playing the Flounders in a few weeks. We have about a hundred or so people flying across the country to support out club. Anyway.... As most of you have heard, there's a lot of fishy things going on behind the green curtain. There's been rumours of piped in crowd sounds (which would NEVER happen in Toronto). I'm going to be shooting a video expose piece to show the rest of the league exactly what's going on in the emerald city. the video piece will go up on www.redpatchboys.tv (http://www.redpatchboys.tv/) and www.youtube.com/redpatchboys (http://www.youtube.com/redpatchboys) when it's done. If you check those links, you can see that I've been documenting my club, the glorious TFC, since the very beginning. here's hoping I can use these talents to look behind the curtain. cheers, Mike 'Parkdale' proud member of The Red Patch Boys, Toronto FC supporter
Perhaps he might want to meet up with the Seattle version of himself for a cup of Starbucks...... (http://www.youtube.com/user/previouslytaped)

:hump::scarf::hump:

Parkdale
08-18-2009, 01:20 PM
hahaha.... yes, there's a thread about it.

Parkdale
08-18-2009, 01:20 PM
merging them together to keep it on topic

nancymiranda
08-18-2009, 01:21 PM
You ROCK!!!!!! Keep up the good work!

MartinUtd
08-18-2009, 01:22 PM
I think its pretty funny how bent out of shape ECS and company has gotten over this. To think people said TFC fans were temperamental, this whole "I'm going to stab you in the parking lot" posturing is by far the most ludicrous reaction I've seen out of any MLS fans regarding anything.

H Bomb
08-18-2009, 01:23 PM
...what a world we live in

Kevvv
08-18-2009, 02:01 PM
this ... posturing is by far the most ludicrous reaction I've seen out of any MLS fans regarding anything.

I guess you didn't follow the saga when TFC went down to Columbus then.

BallardSounder
08-18-2009, 02:04 PM
I think its pretty funny how bent out of shape ECS and company has gotten over this. To think people said TFC fans were temperamental, this whole "I'm going to stab you in the parking lot" posturing is by far the most ludicrous reaction I've seen out of any MLS fans regarding anything.

Again, keep in mind ECS members don't post on MLSR (although we do find MLS Rumors Rumors quite funny) so it is VERY unlikely that was coming from ECS.

Besides, we're plastic fake fans, so we'd stab you with plastic fake knives. :D

Kevvv
08-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Don't forget, I want ice in my screwdriver.

Parkdale
08-18-2009, 02:08 PM

enough about your screwdriver.
You'd figure that after 3 kids you could focus on something else.

BallardSounder
08-18-2009, 02:11 PM

Well, alright damnit! But, don't be expecting fresh squeezed! Because, of course, we're - wait for it - fake fans!

So, only artificial orange juice for you. Sorry.

CoachGT
08-18-2009, 02:14 PM
enough about your screwdriver.
You'd figure that after 3 kids you could focus on something else.

How do you think he got the 3 kids? ;)

Ageroo
08-18-2009, 02:15 PM
Well, alright damnit! But, don't be expecting fresh squeezed! Because, of course, we're - wait for it - fake fans!

As long as the vodka is real.....the orange juice is just for colour. ;)

TFCRegina
08-18-2009, 02:16 PM
with a little help from MLS Rumors.

;)

MLSR = Soccer's version of the National Enquirer

Ageroo
08-18-2009, 02:18 PM
MLSR = Soccer's version of the National Enquirer

Or for the young folk........Perez Hilton. :D

MartinUtd
08-18-2009, 02:21 PM
I guess you didn't follow the saga when TFC went down to Columbus then.

Not so much this year. I was there in '08 and I personally had more problems with other traveling fans than I did with the locals. But you are right, I've witnessed a few fights out side the bus here at BMO and even got into it with a C-bus supporter at the Global Village bar and all I was trying to do was strike up a convo (was later apologized to by C-bus/Leicester City bloke, nice guy). So yeah I guess it does get a lot worse.. I just haven't seen it in a while.

And I guess my assming there's an accurate reflection of ECS attitude on MLSR is similar to those who thinking Parkdale is a card carrying member of ACES. I did see some toughguy bravado on WeAreECS though, but I guess that's to be expected anywhere.

Kevvv
08-18-2009, 02:24 PM

As long as it has a nice tang to it.

Kevvv
08-18-2009, 02:25 PM
Not so much this year. I was there in '08 and I personally had more problems with other traveling fans than I did with the locals. But you are right, I've witnessed a few fights out side the bus here at BMO and even got into it with a C-bus supporter at the Global Village bar and all I was trying to do was strike up a convo (was later apologized to by C-bus/Leicester City bloke, nice guy). So yeah I guess it does get a lot worse.. I just haven't seen it in a while.

And I guess my assming there's an accurate reflection of ECS attitude on MLSR is similar to those who thinking Parkdale is a card carrying member of ACES. I did see some toughguy bravado on WeAreECS though, but I guess that's to be expected anywhere.

I was more referring to the battle of the internet tough guys, not to any actual trouble on the ground.

BallardSounder
08-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Okay, now that I'm slacking off of work, here's what the away fans can really expect on their visit to Seattle.

Prematch:
We've pawned you off on Fado (a corporate fake Irish theme pub - haha!) and also home bar of the uber-liberal Gorilla FC supporters group. This was really an evil trick on our part, as they'll dull you senseless with questions about the Canadian healthcare system. Oh, and they probably also all know the words to "Oh Canada", so don't be surprised if they join in should you happen to sing it.

The ECS gathers at two bars (Fuel is the home bar, but over 21 only - McCoys is all ages) before the match. I don't suggest wandering into McCoys, but you wouldn't be bothered if you did. It's kind of quiet, to be honest. I strongly suggest not going in or near Fuel if you're wearing The Red. Otherwise, no problem.

The march to the match is really two marches, but usually coordinated. ECS marches and sings, but usually follows the "general/FO/Band" march. It starts in Occidental Park with some guy sort of talking to the crowd, doing fundraising (current project is bone marrow registration), and such. Then the band comes in and plays a few songs.

And now, a word about the band. The band is lame. But, our minority owner Drew Carey LOVES the band, and he's actually a pretty cool guy. So, ECS used to HATE the band, but they moved them away from our section and so now there's an uneasy truce. A suggestion, if you want to taunt us, the band is a great subject, since we shamefully know how lame it really is.

Anyway, the band come over and plays some songs, then ECS staggers over from our bars and we sing a few songs. Then the band leads the march. There's normally the band in front, then the prawn sandwich crowd (about 100 or so people), then ECS at the van. I'm not good at guessing crowds, but there are probably around 200 or so ECS who make the march.

At the match:
Our stadium security is pretty clueless, so I have no idea if they'll be organized in escorting you in or out of the stadium, but the away fans are in the NE curve in the 200 level. These are terrible seats, and pretty far from the Brougham End where the ECS stands. Most of the 200 level people sit during the match, but most of the 100 level stands. You're be close to where the North End Supporters (NES) are, but I don't really hear them (I normally stand near the midline) do songs or chants.

You'll be too far away to hear ECS for the most part, unless you wander down towards the S. end, which security probably won't let you do. The exception is when they do the Seattle / Sounders call and response. The north end of the stadium does the "Sounders" part, but you can pretty clearly hear both. Most of the stadium also joins in for a clap clap clap "Sounders" chant too.

Pregame is the "Golden Scarf" ceremony, which is also worthy of derision. Local VIP is honored for their contributions with a golden scarf, and they encourage everybody to hold up their scarves. We're hopeful this will be allowed to die with dignity at the end of the season.

They then do amplify the band pregame, and generally turn up the volume too much. Once play begins though, they're not supposed to amplify this.

There will also be glitter. The kids love the glitter. I hate the glitter for the pregame, but tolerate it on goals.

I don't know if they'll play Oh Canada, but they encourage general singing of the Star Spangled Banner (which is rarely sung by fans in Seattle). If, by some very remote possibility, Oh Canada is boo'ed then I'll personally apologize to each and every one of you and buy you a beer.

At the half they play a Pemco (insurance agency) ad that makes fun of soccer fans by playing a chant. This is part of a series of ads which make fun of local quirks, and only make sense if you live here. They've got them on their website and some of them are pretty funny.

At some point they play our song, "Seattle", by Perry Como and also put up the words. Most people sing along except for, of course, ECS. Since ECS has no idea when they're going to play this, we're usually doing a different chant when this happens. Feel free to laugh, as it would be such an easy thing to coordinate, but we fail.

They do stupid games at the half, but I'm usually going to the bathroom or getting more beer, so don't pay attention. If you're going to make yourselves heard, this is a great time to do so, as the rest of the stadium is pretty quiet.

They also stop selling beer at 60 min., so be prepared. They don't allow tailgaiting, but there's plenty of bars around (effect and cause) both before and after, and I THINK you can bring in food, just not bottles.

That's about all I can think of which might be noteworthy about the "experience". We're a first year team, so still working out the kinks with the FO (I don't think they'll repeat the thunderstick experiment next year) but in general things are going well.

pekduck
08-18-2009, 03:05 PM
^
West Coast Productivity :D

BallardSounder
08-18-2009, 03:07 PM
You won't see any issues here, really. Yes, we've got our young toughguys full of testosterone, but they're the ones who make it so we can pogo for 90 minutes!

BallardSounder
08-18-2009, 03:07 PM
^
West Coast Productivity :D

You're right, a beer would be good right about now!

:drinking:

Roogsy
08-18-2009, 03:08 PM
Or....4:20 is coming up in a few...

pekduck
08-18-2009, 03:14 PM
We've pawned you off on Fado (a corporate fake Irish theme pub - haha!) and also home bar of the uber-liberal Gorilla FC supporters group. This was really an evil trick on our part, as they'll dull you senseless with questions about the Canadian healthcare system. Oh, and they probably also all know the words to "Oh Canada", so don't be surprised if they join in should you happen to sing it.
That's okay, my old colleagues in Seattle/Tacoma told me if Obama did not win, all of them are immigrating to Canada. :)

The ECS gathers at two bars (Fuel is the home bar, but over 21 only - McCoys is all ages) before the match. I don't suggest wandering into McCoys, but you wouldn't be bothered if you did. It's kind of quiet, to be honest. I strongly suggest not going in or near Fuel if you're wearing The Red. Otherwise, no problem.
Don't plan to, common sense to respect SG territories home or away.

And now, a word about the band. The band is lame. But, our minority owner Drew Carey LOVES the band, and he's actually a pretty cool guy. So, ECS used to HATE the band, but they moved them away from our section and so now there's an uneasy truce. A suggestion, if you want to taunt us, the band is a great subject, since we shamefully know how lame it really is.
Should have known... it's all that fat boy's childhood dream, having a band playing in front of him at his birthday parties...

At the match:
Our stadium security is pretty clueless, so I have no idea if they'll be organized in escorting you in or out of the stadium, but the away fans are in the NE curve in the 200 level. These are terrible seats, and pretty far from the Brougham End where the ECS stands. Most of the 200 level people sit during the match, but most of the 100 level stands. You're be close to where the North End Supporters (NES) are, but I don't really hear them (I normally stand near the midline) do songs or chants.
I'm having a conf call with Seattle FO tomorrow, but their contact has yet to send me meeting invitation which I requested in email... is slacking off at work a common thing in Seattle? :rolleyes:

I don't know if they'll play Oh Canada, but they encourage general singing of the Star Spangled Banner (which is rarely sung by fans in Seattle). If, by some very remote possibility, Oh Canada is boo'ed then I'll personally apologize to each and every one of you and buy you a beer.
What is this? Ohio?

They also stop selling beer at 60 min., so be prepared. They don't allow tailgaiting, but there's plenty of bars around (effect and cause) both before and after, and I THINK you can bring in food, just not bottles.
AT 60 MIN????? WHAT?

thanks for the heads up :)

Kevvv
08-18-2009, 03:47 PM
Glitter! F-in A!

What about bringing in water, is that generally allowed or no?

We also have lame stuff at the half, but few pay attention. Our place stops selling at the 65th minute, so not a huge shock. (And we're so liquored up by then it doesn't matter. OK, not really.)

BallardSounder
08-18-2009, 03:55 PM
Slacking off at work is pretty much standard issue summertime mode. Yes. So I'm not surprised the FO is blowing you off. Just keep bugging them. And, oddly, our FO isn't very tech savvy.

And, no, they won't let you bring in water, although there may be an exception for "nice" (as in expensive and won't be thrown) bottles, but I'm not sure.

Oh, and the beer is generally crap and expensive, so definitely drink BEFORE the game.

pekduck
08-18-2009, 03:59 PM
Slacking off at work is pretty much standard issue summertime mode. Yes. So I'm not surprised the FO is blowing you off. Just keep bugging them. And, oddly, our FO isn't very tech savvy.

And, no, they won't let you bring in water, although there may be an exception for "nice" (as in expensive and won't be thrown) bottles, but I'm not sure.

Oh, and the beer is generally crap and expensive, so definitely drink BEFORE the game.

pfff.. how expensive? more than BMO?

BallardSounder
08-18-2009, 05:14 PM
pfff.. how expensive? more than BMO?

Well, probably not, but I think it is $7 for pissbeer, and $9 for real beer.

Parkdale
08-18-2009, 05:27 PM
^ how many oz?

Kevvv
08-18-2009, 05:34 PM
^ crux of the issue right there

Parkdale
08-18-2009, 05:41 PM
I'll crux you !!

BallardSounder
08-18-2009, 05:52 PM
^ how many oz?

That's a good question. I'd guess 15, but I know they're not very big. I don't buy them, so not really sure.

Parkdale
08-18-2009, 06:28 PM
jeeze. that is a rip!

raul10
08-18-2009, 07:22 PM
living in vancouver i make frequent road trips to seattle for games and:

...yes beer is ridculously expensive in the stadium...

...sluggers bar across the street is where we'll want to invade pre-game (last time i was down there they had $3 tall boys of kokanee, need i say more?)...

...what hotels are guys staying at? we're booking this week and would love to get in a place with some red support!!!

Gixmo
08-18-2009, 07:51 PM
Hahahah Parky, You're a rockstar!!!

Be sure to blow everyone kisses!!