PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL: Fellinga signs with Toronto FC

DangerRed
08-12-2009, 03:01 PM
From the horse's mouth, as it were.

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090812&content_id=6389296&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Chevy
08-12-2009, 03:06 PM
meh.

Batman
08-12-2009, 03:11 PM
"This past summer, he was a part of the Haitian squad for the 2009 CONCACAF Gold Cup squad but did not get any minutes."

I would think NOT good enough to start for Haiti, shouldn't be good enough at all for TFC.

VPjr
08-12-2009, 03:11 PM
There is part of me that say he must have some quality to have been a long time member of the Dutch youth national teams but then I remembered he is a defender and the Dutch only have defenders because its required, not because they believe in defending. They believe offence is best defence....

I jest somewhat but it will be interesting to see what this guy can do. Lord knows that a solution is needed to the Jim Brennan problem at LB.

mastermixer
08-12-2009, 03:12 PM
A lot of Ins and outs going on these days, so much for team chemistry.

Brooker
08-12-2009, 03:18 PM
the revolving door continues

Stryker
08-12-2009, 03:21 PM
"This past summer, he was a part of the Haitian squad for the 2009 CONCACAF Gold Cup squad but did not get any minutes."

I would think NOT good enough to start for Haiti, shouldn't be good enough at all for TFC.

I've never questioned one of Mo's signings till now.
This guy isn't any good.

VPjr
08-12-2009, 03:21 PM
A lot of Ins and outs going on these days, so much for team chemistry.

the core of the team is static.

the only ins and outs are guys who will likely see more time on the bench rather than on the field.

I don't see an issue with this.

DangerRed
08-12-2009, 03:32 PM
the core of the team is static.

the only ins and outs are guys who will likely see more time on the bench rather than on the field.

I don't see an issue with this.

Yep, it's true. This guy's also kinda short at 5'8 and kinda light at less than buck sixty. Here's hoping he holds up physically to some of the league's larger attackers.

MartinUtd
08-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Anyone have a game report from when Haiti played the Impact?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-12-2009, 03:45 PM
one of our biggest problems is giving up goals in the last minutes..and its usually caused bye a long ball in off a header!...Bringing in a 5"8 defender...not going to help the cause!..

DangerRed
08-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Anyone have a game report from when Haiti played the Impact?

The Limpact played Haiti on July 1 and it ended in a nil-nil draw. The game report is here, click on the date of the game:

http://www.montrealimpact.com/News/Calendar.aspx?language=EN

Corpand
08-12-2009, 03:56 PM
And instead of a pic of the player they threw in one of Mo, reminding us that his contract is worth it coz he's signing players.

Ill keep my mouth shut about Fellinga though until i see the guy play. Low quality diamond in the rough maybe?

DangerRed
08-12-2009, 04:01 PM
And instead of a pic of the player they threw in one of Mo, reminding us that his contract is worth it coz he's signing players.

Ill keep my mouth shut about Fellinga though until i see the guy play. Low quality diamond in the rough maybe?

Here's a picture of the new boy now:

http://hearrenfean.punt.nl/upload/Fellinga,_Lesly.jpg

Stryker
08-12-2009, 04:12 PM
http://www.sc-heerenveen.nl/upload/170155_806_1221844167242-staand.jpg

Pachuco
08-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Unless Haiti magically has the next Roberto Carlos competing with him for LB, then I'm not sure I understand why we signed this guy. On the plus side, he won't be going anywhere for international callups.

If he provides depth then so be it, I just hope he doesn't take Gala's playing time away (I should say potential playing time) just because he's a newcomer. After all, seems like newcomers around here get their feet washed by Cummins while proven veterans get to drink the water used to wash their feet.

Pachuco
08-12-2009, 04:17 PM
http://www.sc-heerenveen.nl/upload/170155_806_1221844167242-staand.jpg

Holy shit, Ricketts is back in disguise!

Stryker
08-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Holy shit, Ricketts is back in disguise!

That was my first thought when I found the pick.

jazzy
08-12-2009, 04:28 PM
one of our biggest problems is giving up goals in the last minutes..and its usually caused bye a long ball in off a header!...Bringing in a 5"8 defender...not going to help the cause!..

touche'

Luanda
08-12-2009, 04:35 PM
A 5-8 Dman, weighing 157 lbs....????????????

Hopefully, nothing but a last chance spare for the remaining of the season only.

Garcia is enough!!!!!!!!!!

Two more possible signings to go.

S_D
08-12-2009, 04:43 PM
we should keep an open mind on the guy. Heck worst case he is a body to fill in a roster spot. I would rather him in than Serioux being forced to play LB rather than in the middle.

mighty_torontofc_2008
08-12-2009, 05:04 PM
I've never questioned one of Mo's signings till now.
This guy isn't any good.

Lets see him play first...before we decide that...we need help asap and he might surprise a lot of people.

Shakes McQueen
08-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Lets see him play first...before we decide that...we need help asap and he might surprise a lot of people.

As dirty as it makes me feel to say this - I agree with mighty_torontofc_2008.

I'll wait until we've actually seen him play, and therefore have more than Wikipedia entries and reading of tea leaves.

- Scott

MFG1
08-12-2009, 05:25 PM
5'8"?? Hasnt that been one of our biggest problems all year? being undersized?

grizzle
08-12-2009, 05:31 PM
We need defenders so I'll keep an open mind till I see him play a few games.

cementhead
08-12-2009, 05:42 PM
I hope he has a good vertical leap!

TFC FORZA RPB
08-12-2009, 05:56 PM
this seems ok, atleast we now have a young LB, so im guessing Brennan will be playing LM permanantly

flatpicker
08-12-2009, 05:57 PM
just watching CTV news...
Lance is doing his sports segment,
and there is a caption on the screen that reads
"Fellinga an FC"
And then Lance makes some lame joke about the word "fell" in his name,
making reference to how soccer players always fall down.

DOUBLE FAIL!

Pookie
08-12-2009, 06:57 PM
So, according to people who have never seen him play, his height is the main reason that we are supposed to be down on him?

So, 6'1" Marco Valez would help prevent late goals? 6' Jim Brennan can be counted on to hold a lead?

Cripes people, what's the worst thing that can happen? We put him in and we lose to a USL team? We give up 2 in the closing minutes to lose to Columbus?

Give him a shot. Don't forget that people end up here because they generally can't stick anywhere else. Everyone in this league has a weakness or else they wouldn't be playing in this league.

joesoccerfan
08-12-2009, 07:01 PM
We are desparate for cover on the left side, and this guy fits the bill. Best case he is good enough to start and push Brennan up to midfield, worst case he is on the bench and available in case of injury. I doubt we are paying him too much and we have the roster spot open.

Red Skies At Night
08-12-2009, 07:03 PM
What Pookie said...

Fellinga an FC -sounds like something on Craigslist you could get arrested for

kaos197O
08-12-2009, 07:49 PM
We are desparate for cover on the left side, and this guy fits the bill. Best case he is good enough to start and push Brennan up to midfield, worst case he is on the bench and available in case of injury. I doubt we are paying him too much and we have the roster spot open.

Brennan in mid? If this happens then something has to give soon. Who is he taking out? Gerba is our lone striker right now(the way Cummins is playing lately) leaving Barrett/Vitti/Guevara/Dero/Cronin and Robinson in the middle. I don't think Brennan is better than any one of them. What will he add that we don't already have there?

Blizzard
08-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Brennan in mid? If this happens then something has to give soon. Who is he taking out? Gerba is our lone striker right now(the way Cummins is playing lately) leaving Barrett/Vitti/Guevara/Dero/Cronin and Robinson in the middle. I don't think Brennan is better than any one of them. What will he add that we don't already have there?

I'm hoping that DeRo isn't a MF option because he's going to be playing up front. Vitti behind him. Ali and Dichio are optional depending on the type of defences we are up against. Perhaps once Ali regains a bit more of his fitness, he becomes a starting option once again. I'd love to see more of Danny but who knows. It all depends on his body doesn't it.

That leaves Brennan, Guevara, Robbo, Cronin and Barrett as starting MF options with subs being Ibby, Gala and Sanyang.

True though. Something will have to give.

ensco
08-12-2009, 08:35 PM
I think the way to view this is that we're swapping Velez for Fellinga. Probably an even trade.

Pigfynn
08-12-2009, 08:40 PM
^^Really??

So you see Heerenveen having a sniff round Marco Valez do ya?

Never, ever.....ever.

kaos197O
08-12-2009, 08:47 PM
I'm hoping that DeRo isn't a MF option because he's going to be playing up front. Vitti behind him. Ali and Dichio are optional depending on the type of defences we are up against. Perhaps once Ali regains a bit more of his fitness, he becomes a starting option once again. I'd love to see more of Danny but who knows. It all depends on his body doesn't it.

That leaves Brennan, Guevara, Robbo, Cronin and Barrett as starting MF options with subs being Ibby, Gala and Sanyang.

True though. Something will have to give.

I haven't given up on Gerba yet because I don't believe that he has been utilized properly yet! We have seen far to many 1-5-4 line-ups as of late and at bare minimum we should be playing 2-4-4. I would like to see Gerba and Barrett teamed up at the front with Vitti/Dero/Guevara and Cronin or Robininson(either one for me) in mid. I think you'd see Gerba score more often in Clean up the garbage mode (which we seem to leave a fair bit of, out in front of the opposition's goal). Anyways, that's not likely to happen but hey......Cummins should at least shake up the formation and strategy a touch to see if he is actually worthy of being in the starting 11.

As for Fellinga I am only assuming that he is ready to be a starter for this club. If he is I do think that Jimmy will have to sit. Having Jimmy as a midfield sub would not be terrible when we needed to defend a lead. That being said, based on his play of late, it may be. Delete third last sentence!

Super Cereal
08-12-2009, 11:31 PM
As dirty as it makes me feel to say this - I agree with mighty_torontofc_2008.

- Scott
What is the world coming to?

Ossington Mental Youth
08-12-2009, 11:54 PM
I haven't given up on Gerba yet because I don't believe that he has been utilized properly yet! We have seen far to many 1-5-4 line-ups as of late and at bare minimum we should be playing 2-4-4. I would like to see Gerba and Barrett teamed up at the front with Vitti/Dero/Guevara and Cronin or Robininson(either one for me) in mid. I think you'd see Gerba score more often in Clean up the garbage mode (which we seem to leave a fair bit of, out in front of the opposition's goal). Anyways, that's not likely to happen but hey......Cummins should at least shake up the formation and strategy a touch to see if he is actually worthy of being in the starting 11.

As for Fellinga I am only assuming that he is ready to be a starter for this club. If he is I do think that Jimmy will have to sit. Having Jimmy as a midfield sub would not be terrible when we needed to defend a lead. That being said, based on his play of late, it may be. Delete third last sentence!

yep i pretty much agree with all of this

maninb
08-13-2009, 07:53 AM
he's a better option than Brennan or Serioux at LB....IMO

Azerban
08-13-2009, 07:56 AM
If I never see Serioux at LB again it'll be too soon. What a waste of his talents.