PDA

View Full Version : TFC Practice

Section 117
08-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Hey Guys

I have a question has anyone been or seen a practice this week?

I heard something and I want to confirm it before I anounce what I heard on the board.

Cheers

DangerRed
08-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Hey Guys

I heard something and I want to confirm it before I anounce what I heard on the board.

Cheers

If this has to do with Charles, Fellinga, Van Dijk or Popsisil practicing/trialing with the team, then it's already being discussed in another thread.

Other than that, can't see anything notable about this week's practices, though I could well be wrong.

Menelaos
No idea, but I must admit, now I am intrigued.

H Bomb
Just add the words unconfirmed to the thread title and post away

Section 117
08-12-2009, 11:16 AM
If this has to do with Charles, Fellinga, Van Dijk or Popsisil practicing/trialing with the team, then it's already being discussed in another thread.

Other than that, can't see anything notable about this week's practices, though I could well be wrong.

No it has nothing to do with the players on trial. It has to do with a couple of players that are training with the main squad they are training with "reserves"

OHARARULES
08-12-2009, 11:16 AM
Hey Guys

Cheers

What did you hear?... that Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink was at practice?

Krasno.pL.
08-12-2009, 11:17 AM
do these "reserves" have names?

BuSaPuNk
08-12-2009, 11:18 AM
What did you hear?... that Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink was at practice?

Oh please let it be!!!

DangerRed
08-12-2009, 11:18 AM
No it has nothing to do with the players on trial. It has to do with a couple of players that are training with the main squad they are training with "reserves"

What do you mean, like Amadou Sanyang or Gabe Gala training with the main squad? Maybe Gomez? Those dudes are always on hand and ready to jump in (except for Amadou, since he just turned 18).

Joe Kool
08-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Do we need to keep guessing until we get it?

Section 117
08-12-2009, 11:21 AM
What I heard was Chad, Danny and Marco have been relegated to train with the reserves. They will probably dress as we do not have enough bodies on the bench but for the time being they will not see any time on the pitch.

This is unconfirmed, but from a reliable source that I know that has been correct on several things in the past so i was wondering if anyone witnessed this

Menelaos
08-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Oh I know, Craig Forrest wants to play for TFC. He figures, if Dichio can do it at his age....

Menelaos
08-12-2009, 11:22 AM
What I heard was Chad, Danny and Marco have been relegated to train with the reserves. They will probably dress as we do not have enough bodies on the bench but for the time being they will not see any time on the pitch.

This is unconfirmed, but from a reliable source that I know that has been correct on several things in the past so i was wondering if anyone witnessed this

Nah....can't be

Section 117
08-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Nah....can't be

That is what I tought, but i have heard rumors of unrest in the locker room for the last little while. If it is true I think that the FO is trying to send a message.

If it is true and Danny is not going to see the pitch we can all kiss the playoffs good bye IMO

ArmenJBX
08-12-2009, 11:26 AM
The latest video of training shows Chad though...

Section 117
08-12-2009, 11:28 AM

When was that video shot? As if it was Monday I heard this happened yetserday

Carter
08-12-2009, 11:28 AM

Yeah that Danny, he has done complete SHIET for the team all year, poor performances on the pitch every time he steps on, thats why he needs to be "relegated".

You do know that last few games Danny has lead the on pitch warmups with the reserves

Suds
08-12-2009, 11:30 AM

The picture on the TFC site showing the Oakville training session clearly shows Danny & Chad in the main squad. (though, that could be an stock pic being used)

Maybe they just took part in an extra training session.

Phil
08-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Yeah that Danny, he has done complete SHIET for the team all year, poor performances on the pitch every time he steps on, thats why he needs to be "relegated".

You do know that last few games Danny has lead the on pitch warmups with the reserves

There is a rumor that the academy will be undergoing a pretty big beef up next year and Danny factors into it in a big way.

DangerRed
08-12-2009, 11:31 AM
That is what I tought, but i have heard rumors of unrest in the locker room for the last little while. If it is true I think that the FO is trying to send a message.

If it is true and Danny is not going to see the pitch we can all kiss the playoffs good bye IMO

If Barrett and Velez are gone, fine -- neither has done much for the team and you could argue that Barrett has gotten WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY beyond what should be considered a fair shake in terms of playing time.

There's also talk of Velez being loaned to Puerto Rico Islanders, though I haven't seen any confirmation. Still, it's not outside the realm of possibility and Marco hasn't exactly been lighting up the sky with his skill since about 10 matches ago.

Now, we come to Dichio. If this is true, and Danny has been relegated to reserve training, then Cummins should be tossed out. Dichio may be retiring next year and he has stuff to teach the kids, no doubt, but when we're hurtling towards either another limp finish or a bare-knuckles fistfight for a playoff spot, we need his guidance.

I sincerely hope that Danny will dress and keep playing, even if he's subbed in midway through the second half. He has been huge for us and until he formally hangs up his boots, we need him in the lineup.

Suds
08-12-2009, 11:32 AM

Yeah, it's well known Danny has a strong interest in coaching after his playing career is done. Could be the reason he is working out with reserves?? :noidea:

Oldtimer
08-12-2009, 11:37 AM
There has been speculation by the media that DD is injured.

Section 117
08-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Now, we come to Dichio. If this is true, and Danny has been relegated to reserve training, then Cummins should be tossed out. Dichio may be retiring next year and he has stuff to teach the kids, no doubt, but when we're hurtling towards either another limp finish or a bare-knuckles fistfight for a playoff spot, we need his guidance.

I sincerely hope that Danny will dress and keep playing, even if he's subbed in midway through the second half. He has been huge for us and until he formally hangs up his boots, we need him in the lineup.

I know and completely agree that he does work with the kids and tries to teach them. Plus he does have an eye to start coaching when he is done playing. But if he does not play on Saturday WTF he is are most consistent striker and when he plays we create more and stuff actually happens. I wish I understood what Cummins sees as IMO he does not rate Danny at all hence the 5 10 minutes of garbage time yet other palyers (no need to name them all) have done nothing and they consistenly get the start and play almost always 90 minutes

Section 117

He is not that I can confirm

mmmikey
maybe danny is becoming more of a player/coach than he already was..

"CHAD! MARCO! IM SICK OF U GUYS! DANNY! THEY ARE YOUR PROBLEM NOW!"

Suds
08-12-2009, 11:43 AM

:jaw: SACRE BLEU!!

olegunnar
08-12-2009, 11:44 AM
I I wish I understood what Cummins sees

Competition for his and maybe Mo's job maybe?

Section 117
08-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Competition for his and maybe Mo's job maybe?

I wish then he would see that Danny is by far the best and most influential striker that we can field on a consistent basis.

IMO I think the decision not to play him has to come from above or how else can Cummins say we are going to start our best 11 and he rides the bench. A great example on the most improtant game against PRI he puts Danny in with what 15 mins and he still gets the best chance

WTF is he watching?

Ossington Mental Youth
08-12-2009, 11:52 AM
im not terribly surprised if this is the truth, i dont agree with the statement Dichio has done nothing, i also dont have a prob with Barrett and Velez training with reserves, especially if we have better guys to take their place, its annoying but once again its something ill have to leave in the hadns of the coaches and hope will work out
(i still think we will see Danny off the bench, he hasnt starred as much but i would never say hes been ineffective this year). Barrett and Velez on the other hand...

Section 117
08-12-2009, 11:55 AM
I am convinced Mo is behind all of this....

Plus he is getting his two year extension it has already been signed, it was completed the same week as the Miracle in Montreal...

MLSE is just waiting for the right time to annouce it.

Pigfynn
08-12-2009, 11:56 AM
There has to be issues with Barrett...did any of you see the look on his face when he was taken off against Real Madrid? He was disgusted and he was shaking his head with a stupid smile on his face. He looks like he's had enough.

Section 117
08-12-2009, 11:59 AM
There has to be issues with Barrett...did any of you see the look on his face when he was taken off against Real Madrid? He was disgusted and he was shaking his head with a stupid smile on his face. He looks like he's had enough.

Do you blame him? That was one of the biggest slaps in the face I have seen in this league or any league for that matter. How do you put a player in for 15 -20 minutes top and then yank him and expect for him to perform for you. Mights as well throw him under the bus and blame him for all of TFC's short commings

Pachuco
08-12-2009, 11:59 AM
I don't know how practice is run. How many players practice on the main squad as opposed to the reserves? and what is the difference in their practice?

Also, Carter you mention that Dichio has been leading warmups for the reserves at the games, do you mean warmups for the bench guys? because typically I only see two groups, the 11 starters and the rest of the guys who make up the bench. Considering he never starts, of course he'd be warming up with the bench no?

Pachuco
08-12-2009, 12:02 PM
Do you blame him? That was one of the biggest slaps in the face I have seen in this league or any league for that matter. How do you put a player in for 15 -20 minutes top and then yank him and expect for him to perform for you. Mights as well throw him under the bus and blame him for all of TFC's short commings

I agree with this. When this happened I was thinking to myself that Barrett better be hurt or on his way out, or I'll probably start losing confidence in Cummins fairly quickly. You don't do that to a player that you'll have to rely on to make the playoffs. Plus, WTF did he do wrong to deserve being taken off? I watched the game twice and I don't see it.

Wagner
08-12-2009, 12:03 PM
I bumped into MoJo a couple of weeks ago, and I asked him about Dichio.
He said how important Danny is.
How he facilitated Danny getting his coaching papers as soon as he joined the squad.
He would like to see danny play more. (come in around the 65th minute.)

Maybe to rest his older bones he's getting some time with the reserves....to get a taste of coaching that level.

It is a fact that we are better with dichio on the pitch.
If you watch Gala's goal vs. R.Madrid, Dichio had a big factor in it.

Pigfynn
08-12-2009, 12:04 PM

You'd know about this stuff better than I would, but it seems there is a divide forming and that's never good.

If there are different camps or little cliques that have started it's best to stomp that shit out. Something like what was appartently done at Man City when they got rid of Elano to break up a negative influence on Robinho.

Yohan
08-12-2009, 12:11 PM
I agree with this. When this happened I was thinking to myself that Barrett better be hurt or on his way out, or I'll probably start losing confidence in Cummins fairly quickly. You don't do that to a player that you'll have to rely on to make the playoffs. Plus, WTF did he do wrong to deserve being taken off? I watched the game twice and I don't see it.
i was curious as well

did barrett say something to tick cummins off?

jabbronies
08-12-2009, 12:15 PM
Could very well be a transitional thing.

DangerRed
08-12-2009, 12:26 PM
i was curious as well

did barrett say something to tick cummins off?

If I were Cummins, I'm thinking here's this young kid who played with a lot of heart but can't finish. What's more frustrating is that this kid now is starting to wear a chip on his shoulder because he's getting frustrated with himself.

Fair enough, I'll give him a bit more playing time as starter. Matches are really starting to count right now, and he can have some offensive firepower when he's switched on.

Then -- just as the matches are REALLY starting to count -- we go the Foxboro and he gets a fucking red card half way through a pretty important game that we have a really good chance of winning.

Could Cummins' decision to pull him out be a punishment for that card in New England? Maybe. But I think they're finally (THANK GOD) realizing that Barrett has to be removed from the starting XI if we're to make the playoffs.

Pigfynn
08-12-2009, 12:30 PM
^^He didn't start vs PRI either did he?

mastermixer
08-12-2009, 12:42 PM
hold on... are we ON the Barret bandwagon or off?

CoachGT
08-12-2009, 12:46 PM

I wondered whether he was taken off because he was having a running battle with the defender during the friendly. They seemed to "dance" together three or four times with neither looking too pleased about it.

My initial thought was that someone from RM requested that he be taken off the pitch because of a couple of tackles.......

CoachGT
08-12-2009, 12:50 PM
As far as DD, Barrett and Velez playing on the reserve squad, I'm not sure how new that is. That is where Danny and Velez started the year (back in Charleston).

As for Barrett, this may not be any different than any other sport where they send a player to the minors for a conditioning stint or to rebuild confidence. It gives players a chance to work on things in game situations without the pressure and gives a little extra playing time.

Pachuco
08-12-2009, 01:01 PM
I wondered whether he was taken off because he was having a running battle with the defender during the friendly. They seemed to "dance" together three or four times with neither looking too pleased about it.

My initial thought was that someone from RM requested that he be taken off the pitch because of a couple of tackles.......

I thought it was a great battle developing between the two. Drenthe is a world class defender and Barrett wasn't shying away from going up against him. Would've given him good experience to stay on the field, instead he was subbed out after being subbed in. :facepalm:

CoachGT
08-12-2009, 01:06 PM
I thought it was a good battle, too, but thought that it might be a little too physical for a friendly. They certainly appeared to be less than friendly after the tackle along the sideline in the RM end.

Carter
08-12-2009, 01:21 PM
I don't know how practice is run. How many players practice on the main squad as opposed to the reserves? and what is the difference in their practice?

Also, Carter you mention that Dichio has been leading warmups for the reserves at the games, do you mean warmups for the bench guys? because typically I only see two groups, the 11 starters and the rest of the guys who make up the bench. Considering he never starts, of course he'd be warming up with the bench no?

Yeah thats what i mean, but then again last year, the reserve squad were bench guys, and anyone on the squad that got under X amount of minutes playing time.

Section 117
08-12-2009, 01:51 PM
I understand that Danny is helping and teaching the kids, but I don't think that should be done while the first team is training...

To leave him to practice with them is crap IMO he should be the main squad as he has more soccer IQ then the majority of the starting 11 combined .... Excluding a few players. I hope he starts on Saturday or at least palys 30 minutes

yellowfellow
08-12-2009, 02:01 PM
I was Barrett and Cronin jogging around liberty village. Doesn't say much but at least he is putting in some extra work.

Brooker
08-12-2009, 02:02 PM
I hope he starts on Saturday or at least palys 30 minutes

if not i'll be real pissed.

Section 117
08-12-2009, 02:26 PM
^^ I think a lot of us will be pissed if he doesn't play.^^

Also, I have a distinct feeling that barring unforseen injuries or circumstances that we won't be seeing Danny on the pitch much in the 4 games at home...

Which is BS caused if I was incharge he has to start minimum the last game of the season play 90 minutes and given him the capitain's arm band for that match out of respect

dow117
08-12-2009, 02:27 PM

It was clear in the RM match, Barret was getting frustrated with the LB just as he was in DC when he was sent off. He looked ready to snap and do something stupid... that is why he was probably yanked. The guy always has a face like a "mile of bad road" . there is promise there but we don't have time to stroke this guy now - we need production , not reaction.

DangerRed
08-12-2009, 02:45 PM
It was clear in the RM match, Barret was getting frustrated with the LB just as he was in DC when he was sent off. He looked ready to snap and do something stupid... that is why he was probably yanked. The guy always has a face like a "mile of bad road" . there is promise there but we don't have time to stroke this guy now - we need production , not reaction.

+1. His attitude has no place at a crucial moment in the season like the one we're at right now. We need proven, reliable and consistent, not spotty, hotheaded and unpredictable.

twismca
08-12-2009, 03:02 PM

I was thinking the same thing, except that he already did something stupid with that late tackle. There was no reason to take out Drenthe except for the fact that Barrett was pissed/frustrated. He had no chance to get the ball. Who knows what else happened, maybe he said something. They could have just made him switch sides with De Ro. I don't like Chad but that was a slap in his face to take him out.

ensco
08-12-2009, 03:24 PM
All teams have cliques. It was obvious we had them on the team's first flight of the year to KC. Young Americans sitting with young Americans, older vets from the EPL/Championship sitting together, a group of rasta boys. But so what?

re Barrett getting pulled the way he was, I don't buy what some are saying, that this was some sort of code violation by Cummins. A sub getting subbed in a friendly is not the same as it is in a meaningful game (a la Ruiz). Barrett got to play 25 minutes, the majority against Ronaldo and Raul. The guy who really got dissed was Dichio, if anyone did, he only got 15 minutes of garbage time.

craigtfc
08-12-2009, 04:28 PM
DAMN i knew it was too good to be true:facepalm:

craigtfc
08-12-2009, 04:30 PM

I sure hope hes had enough because i sure as hell have had enough of him!

jazzy
08-12-2009, 04:46 PM
I know and completely agree that he does work with the kids and tries to teach them. Plus he does have an eye to start coaching when he is done playing. But if he does not play on Saturday WTF he is are most consistent striker and when he plays we create more and stuff actually happens. I wish I understood what Cummins sees as IMO he does not rate Danny at all hence the 5 10 minutes of garbage time yet other palyers (no need to name them all) have done nothing and they consistenly get the start and play almost always 90 minutes

Mr. Dichio.....next year should take over as Head of our "Acadamy"...and start a positive tradition with really our only true historic figure.....As all our must games etc, are so far at least, have negative results....our must wins for playoffs , our loss's to USL, our playoff attempts.....sorry, yes again this year no chance, I'm afraid.

Redpunkfiddle
08-12-2009, 08:08 PM
We're talkin' about practice, right?

Pigfynn
08-12-2009, 08:11 PM
practice

Suds
08-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Not a game. We're talkin' about practice man.

wzhxvy
08-12-2009, 08:14 PM
practice

Pigfynn
08-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Practice?

wzhxvy
08-12-2009, 08:21 PM
we're talking about practice

Blizzard
08-12-2009, 08:24 PM

I think the club has reached the end of its rope with Chad. I appreciate his work ethic. He did a wonderful track back to slide tackle a RM attacker. It was top notch but then he did that stupid late tackle. That would be a yellow in a real game. Very silly.

Darlofletch
08-12-2009, 08:28 PM
velez clearly pissed Cummins off in the Columbus game, and with Gomez looking good, and Nana coming back from injury, and now Fellinga signing up, which hopefully means Serioux will never be asked to play left back again, I really can't see Velez getting another game for us this season.

Something seems to be going on with Barrett. His attitude against New England and Real Madrid suggested that the chip on the shoulder of the chip on his shoulder is getting really frustrated.

Can't imagine what Dichio's done to end up with them, so presumably he's injured.

S_D
08-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Velez has gone back home to play for PRI

Corpand
08-12-2009, 09:46 PM
^^^^ I truly truly hope so, best for both companies.

I feel for Barrett, you can work hard and climb a mountain, but it takes that extra to get over the top and not fall down. He's been on his way down for 2 games now.

Redpunkfiddle
08-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Velez has gone back home to play for PRI

That's about playing.

We're talkin' about practice...

Section 117
08-12-2009, 09:49 PM
We are not talkin about the game we are talkin about practice

kaos197O
08-12-2009, 09:51 PM
velez clearly pissed Cummins off in the Columbus game, and with Gomez looking good, and Nana coming back from injury, and now Fellinga signing up, which hopefully means Serioux will never be asked to play left back again, I really can't see Velez getting another game for us this season.

Something seems to be going on with Barrett. His attitude against New England and Real Madrid suggested that the chip on the shoulder of the chip on his shoulder is getting really frustrated.

Can't imagine what Dichio's done to end up with them, so presumably he's injured.

Is it Barrett or Cummins or a whole bunch of things? There is certainly something going on and it does appear as if Chad is being punished. I for one believe we need him down the final stretch, if we are going to make a serious run at the playoffs, but not if he and Cummins are butting heads all the time. Maybe he's pissed that Gerba has become the only striker (took his job) and hasn't really proven anything. Maybe he is tired of playing mid (out of position) and playing his ass off only to get chewed out for his play at the end of the game. Maybe he wants to pair up with Gerba and see a different strategy and formation and Cummins won't budge. Maybe he's just being a jerk. Who knows but man I wish it would be sorted out soon! This is not a good time for unrest. At least Velez is gone but this revolving door is unsettling in itself.

Wonder what and/or who we will see on the pitch on Saturday? It's anyone's guess right now I'd say!

Chevy
08-12-2009, 09:52 PM
That's about playing.

We're talkin' about practice...

Velez will also be practicing in Peurto Rico. Not a game, but practice.

Dirk Diggler
08-12-2009, 09:57 PM
Velez will also be practicing in Peurto Rico. Not a game, but practice.

Come on now .... practice!?! PRACTICE!?!

S_D
08-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Well 117, now that Velez is gone, perhaps the reserve practice is just the place they stick people before shipping them out if this is a pattern (Dichio not included in this as I assume he is working with the kids). Barrett could be next I suppose, I am just not sure if he has much trade value.

He may just need some time to get his head on straight too. As I mentioned in another thread, it is probably a hard adjustment when you think you are the man to get the goals and you become the man to help set things up. Not as much glory of course, but a critical part in the game. Sometimes it just takes a while to realize it.

kaos197O
08-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Well 117, now that Velez is gone, perhaps the reserve practice is just the place they stick people before shipping them out if this is a pattern (Dichio not included in this as I assume he is working with the kids). Barrett could be next I suppose, I am just not sure if he has much trade value.

He may just need some time to get his head on straight too. As I mentioned in another thread, it is probably a hard adjustment when you think you are the man to get the goals and you become the man to help set things up. Not as much glory of course, but a critical part in the game. Sometimes it just takes a while to realize it.

I highly doubt they would move Barrett now! If they want to get rid of him I could see them holding him until next season and not protecting him when Philadelphia gets to poach players from other MLS teams. He would probably be a good pick up for them too. I would rather he stay here but.........

S_D
08-12-2009, 10:27 PM
The only reason I say that is because Mo only has 1 draft pick next year, a second rounder. :D

SamK
08-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Not, not a game. Practise?!?!

grizzle
08-12-2009, 11:56 PM

Exactly... I think lately Barrett has had a serious attitude problem. This is probably Cummins way of saying "chill the fuck out".

cincy
08-13-2009, 05:08 AM
Practice... not a game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exOxUAntx8I

must see.

Darlofletch
08-14-2009, 11:37 AM
Barrett not practising with the main squad? he's suspended for the DC game. Completely forgot about that. I'll take my tin foil hat off now.

Mr. Bigby
08-14-2009, 12:12 PM
I mean, what are we talkin about here? Practice? Practice!

joel
08-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Barrett not practising with the main squad? he's suspended for the DC game. Completely forgot about that. I'll take my tin foil hat off now.

hot dog, we have a weiner.

Hustle
08-14-2009, 05:38 PM
Just to be clear....We are talking about PRACTICE, right? :)

The like the original. A. F'in I.