PDA

View Full Version : Nana back in training, Marvell may be doubtful, three trialists train with TFC

DangerRed
08-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Here's hoping Nana's good for DC

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090810&content_id=6351452&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-10-2009, 02:02 PM
anyone have any insight on the 3 trialists??

Good to see NANA back

STB
08-10-2009, 02:03 PM
Here's hoping Nana's good for DC

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090810&content_id=6351452&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Think this line is quite telling:

"I keep saying I want competition for places"

I just dont get this whole Mo Cummins combo, if a manager/head coach wants players he should be able to get them instead of waiting for the heirarchy

DangerRed
08-10-2009, 02:05 PM

Good to see NANA back

One of them has to be that striker Van Dijk. I'd prefer good defenders rather than more offensive firepower.

Ageroo
08-10-2009, 02:06 PM
Well Nana back in training is the best news I heard all day....!

Esquire
08-10-2009, 02:07 PM

Good to see NANA back

Are the three:

Michal Pospisil
Lesly Fellinga
Dominique van Dijk

???

DangerRed
08-10-2009, 02:17 PM
Are the three:

Michal Pospisil
Lesly Fellinga
Dominique van Dijk

???

Those are the three whose names have been rumoured as potential signings. It'd be sweet if we signed Fellinga, based on what little I know about him.

Nuvinho
08-10-2009, 02:18 PM
from Lee Godrey's twitter:

GOLTVLee (http://twitter.com/GOLTVLee)saw a familiar face from a USL side at TFC training today. He's a centre back...that's your clue. Tune into Toronto FC today to find out.

Wesley Charles??

DangerRed
08-10-2009, 02:22 PM

Wesley Charles??

I bet you any money. And for those who've forgotten:
http://www.canada.com/sports/Whitecaps+Charles+loose/1815700/story.html

Too much of a hothead for me and he's also 33. That's a bit long in the tooth for us, no?

Shakes McQueen
08-10-2009, 02:34 PM
I bet you any money. And for those who've forgotten:
http://www.canada.com/sports/Whitecaps+Charles+loose/1815700/story.html

Too much of a hothead for me and he's also 33. That's a bit long in the tooth for us, no?

If he can provide some solid performances and minutes, while the kids continue to "grow up" as players, then it could be a great investment.

- Scott

Corpand
08-10-2009, 02:57 PM
I mentioned a few days ago, Riley O'Neill might be coming over for a trial. Only his club wouldn't let him go easy. Haven't heard more on that since but could be a possibility.

DangerRed
08-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Just please Mo hurry the fuck up. There's four days left in the transfer window!!!

Edit: and the trade deadline is Sept 15!

Oldtimer
08-10-2009, 03:03 PM
These things are always done at the last minute, even in Europe.

Lucky Strike
08-10-2009, 03:05 PM

Wesley Charles??

Adam Braz or Marco Reda? GULP! :D

Nuvinho
08-10-2009, 07:56 PM
wasn't Marco supposed to be gone by Monday?

H Bomb
08-10-2009, 07:59 PM
maybe that Parke guy?

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Why does there have to be this air of secrecy every time the player trials with the time? In Vancouver there was an article about the five trialists the Whitecaps have with the team. In DC, Goff gets info. on trialists straight from the GM and posts it in his blog. Here it's all mystery men and tune tomorrow BS.

Shakes McQueen
08-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Why does there have to be this air of secrecy every time the player trials with the time? In Vancouver there was an article about the five trialists the Whitecaps have with the team. In DC, Goff gets info. on trialists straight from the GM and posts it in his blog. Here it's all mystery men and tune tomorrow BS.

If you remember, Mo talked openly about his intentions to bring in a player during the Dickov pursuit last season, and got lambasted in many corners for being full of hot air when the deal fell through.

I wouldn't blame him for being secretive.

- Scott

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-10-2009, 08:17 PM
If you remember, Mo talked openly about his intentions to bring in a player during the Dickov pursuit last season, and got lambasted in many corners for being full of hot air when the deal fell through.

I wouldn't blame him for being secretive.

- Scott

I think it's a little apple and oranges. Several teams where vying for Dickov and Mo made it sound like he had him signed and sealed, when he clearly did not. These trialists are guys who want to be here, it's not like the negotiations process is going to be compromised by having their names out there.

I get miffed with this because TFC always seems to do too little to late in terms of bringing players in (in the team's short history that is). Look at the whole forward mess from last year, by the time Mo brought someone in it was too little, way too late. My feeling is that if we don't make a couple moves, we miss the playoffs.

Nodoubtguy
08-10-2009, 08:38 PM
didn't want to start a new thread, but does anyone have a list of all the trialist we know about??

Yohan
08-10-2009, 08:59 PM
maybe that Parke guy?
Parke would be good, but Seattle still owns Parke's rights.

I'm not sure if MLS rule allows players to trial for a team when another team owns his rights...

S_D
08-10-2009, 09:14 PM
Parke would be good, but Seattle still owns Parke's rights.

I'm not sure if MLS rule allows players to trial for a team when another team owns his rights...

happened last season between chicago and NYRB

he would also have to serve that 4 game suspension for the supplement oopsie

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Ibrahim trained with TFC for weeks before Dallas and TFC worked out a trade.

Hitcho
08-11-2009, 07:50 AM
what happened to that dutch/haitian left back?

TFC The Hague
08-11-2009, 08:26 AM
Dutch media said his TFC-contract commences on December 1st, 2009. So he's one for next season. Hope he's good enough for you, since he wasn't able to break in the first XI with SC Heerenveen (Dutch Premier League) last season...

Bender
08-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Dutch media said his TFC-contract commences on December 1st, 2009. So he's one for next season. Hope he's good enough for you, since he wasn't able to break in the first XI with SC Heerenveen (Dutch Premier League) last season...

Why on earth would it not take effect until December 1st?

Yohan
08-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Why on earth would it not take effect until December 1st?
srsly. qu-est-ce que fuck?

frankly, I'm not happy with Jimmy B at LB.

I hope Gomez or Attakora can play LB

mastermixer
08-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Parke is training with TFC... just watched TFC today online and you can see him practicing in the background.

DangerRed
08-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Parke is training with TFC... just watched TFC today online and you can see him practicing in the background.

What is Parke's first name, please?

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-11-2009, 01:04 PM

Do you have a link, because I'm sure I read that Fellinga's is a short term contract that expires in Dec., not begins.

BayernTFC
08-11-2009, 01:14 PM
What is Parke's first name, please?
I believe that they are talking about Jeff Parke:

http://www.canada.com/sports/Centre+back+debate+heats+with+Parke+departure/1844455/story.html

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-11-2009, 01:16 PM
TFC TV - Wesley Charles is trialing with TFC one, of "at least of three trialists".

rocker
08-11-2009, 01:31 PM
I'll take Charles and Parke.

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-11-2009, 01:34 PM
I'd take Charles, forget Parke.

BayernTFC
08-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Do you have a link, because I'm sure I read that Fellinga's is a short term contract that expires in Dec., not begins.
I believe that you are correct UltraSuperMegaMo. I found this:

http://www1.omropfryslan.nl/Mear_Nijs_61159.aspx?R=A045349

The report is in Frisian, but it's kind of a cross between German and English so I can sort of make it out:

SC Hearrenfean-spiler Lesley Fellinga ferhuzet nei de Kanadeeske klup FC Toronto. Hy hat dêr in kontrakt tekene oant 1 desimber, de ein fan de Kanadeeske kompetysje.
Translation:

SC Heerenveen player Lesley Fellinga moved down to the Canadian club Toronto FC. He has signed a contract there until December 1, the one from the Canadian competition.

Stryker
08-11-2009, 03:17 PM
New CB's make me happy. Reason being it would allow Serioux to move to DM and with Robbo out our turnovers would drop by a third.
I like Robbo as a person and he seems like a great guy, but man does his passing suck. Waaay too much money for that quality of player.

DangerRed
08-11-2009, 03:30 PM
I'll take Charles and Parke.

Charles got into a fight with Parke at the Whitecaps. I'm doubting they'd want to play together on the same team once again. I'm also doubting that TFC would take them both on, but who knows, stranger things have happened.

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-11-2009, 03:42 PM
I believe that you are correct UltraSuperMegaMo. I found this:

http://www1.omropfryslan.nl/Mear_Nijs_61159.aspx?R=A045349

The report is in Frisian, but it's kind of a cross between German and English so I can sort of make it out:

Translation:

SC Heerenveen player Lesley Fellinga moved down to the Canadian club Toronto FC. He has signed a contract there until December 1, the one from the Canadian competition.

Thanks for posting that. Beginning on Dec. 1 would no sense for TFC or Fellinga. I'm still wondering what deal with the Fellinga transfer is. Sounded like it was a done deal a week ago, now nothing.

Also, I'm not so sure that Parke's trialing with the team.