PDA

View Full Version : Michal Pospisil

Denis
08-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Hello everyone, long time no post but I have been keeping up with TFC news. That PRI keeper = fagjet. What a treat you guys got watching that Madrid team in full flow. When they play like that they could do that to anyone. No shame in losing so many against players that quality.

Anyway, was reading our news and came across this:

http://sport.scotsman.com/top-stories/Football-news-Espanyol-captain-dies.5536988.jp

-------------------------------

Former Hearts striker Michael Pospisil has moved to the MLS to join Mo Johnston's Toronto FC.

-------------------------------

Now I can't find anything else mentioning this on these forums. Anyway I have seen a fair bit of this guy and in my opinion he will score goals for TFC. Very much a penalty box player/finisher. However, he was a bit lightweight for the SPL and he did pick up a couple of injuries here and there (though many players would become mysteriously 'injured' even though they would often declare themselves fit in the press - don't ask).

Would have been a good player but he suffered from a couple seasons of managerial neglect from our club. If the story checks out he would get a good few for TFC I believe.

Anyway, just letting you guys know. :)

Denis
08-09-2009, 10:19 AM
I forgot the most important part of all, he has an absolute beauty of a Mrs. I will do my best to provide a link. :D

Shep
08-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Interesting, thanks for the heads up.

He's only been a sub last season? no goals last year, scoring in about 50% of his apps before that.. not sure if we need this guy.

Shep
08-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Damn, getting a bit confused researching this guy, seems he hasn't been with Hearts for the last year or two and was playing for Czech side FK Viktoria Žižkov.

Or says the (always completely accurate) wiki.

Denis
08-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Yeah, he was transferred from us in Jan. 08, think it was some Belgian team he went to. Probably just desperate to get out of the mess we were at the time! No idea where he went to since then.

He (and others) suffered from some absolutely shambolic management at the club, but I'm confident he would contribute to TFC.

wzhxvy
08-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Pic of his wife ? :-)

Lucky Strike
08-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Not sure he's really what we need here, we now have a gluttony of strikers. But it's good to see that even obscure references about TFC are picked up.

Beach_Red
08-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Not sure he's really what we need here, we now have a gluttony of strikers. But it's good to see that even obscure references about TFC are picked up.

With zero goals against PRI it's probaby a good idea to keep trying to upgrade. I hope that whenever any player says he would consider MLS we take a good look.

jabbronies
08-09-2009, 10:47 AM

Vitti and Dichio are done after this year. So it's not a bad idea to find replacements now.

Can someone tell us what sort of style he plays??

Lucky Strike
08-09-2009, 10:53 AM
^That's true, on both counts. He still doesn't blow my doors off but I hope I'm plain wrong.

jloome
08-09-2009, 11:04 AM
However, he was a bit lightweight for the SPL ...:)

Then he won't make anything of it here. SPL is no better on average than MLS, and North American players tend to be exceptionally athletic (but lackign on technique). Fragile doesn't do well here.

Denis
08-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Vitti and Dichio are done after this year. So it's not a bad idea to find replacements now.

Doesn't do much work outside of the penalty box, but if you get good service into him he can finish well.

JamboAl
08-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Pospisil wasn't a bad player for Hearts but as Denis says was a bit lightweight. I think he might have left for home (Czech Rep) after all the problems with the managerial set up a few years ago. Would he good for TFC? Probably as good as another former Hearts player, Jankausas, will be for NE. Average, maybe with some luck, above average.

prizby
08-09-2009, 12:16 PM
i can't find this guy on wikipedia

Yohan
08-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Pospisil wasn't a bad player for Hearts but as Denis says was a bit lightweight. I think he might have left for home (Czech Rep) after all the problems with the managerial set up a few years ago. Would he good for TFC? Probably as good as another former Hearts player, Jankausas, will be for NE. Average, maybe with some luck, above average.
Jankauskas is a completely different player than this guy though.

EJ is a target man striker with decent technique who can handle the physical MLS game. 'Lightweight' strikers get pushed around too often in MLS, and will get abused

Whoop
08-09-2009, 12:36 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michal_Pospisil

ArmenJBX
08-09-2009, 12:43 PM
Didn't know Fredy Montero was a heavyweight...hmmm...

Yohan
08-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Didn't know Fredy Montero was a heavyweight...hmmm...
Montero has a lot of muscles. he still flops a lot though

and should we be comparing this dude to Montero who most likely has helluva a lot more technical skill?

JamboAl
08-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Jankauskas is a completely different player than this guy though.

EJ is a target man striker with decent technique who can handle the physical MLS game. 'Lightweight' strikers get pushed around too often in MLS, and will get abused

Agree to a certain extent, but Pospisil would likely find MLS physically easier than the SPL. The comparison was more about the effect that Pospisil could have for TFC.

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Looks worth a look, I'm hoping TFC makes a couple of moves this week before the window closes.

Blizzard
08-09-2009, 05:42 PM

Dichio is retiring. Vitti isn't going anywhere! Now, if you want to discuss Amado's future ............

Yohan
08-09-2009, 05:44 PM
Dichio is retiring. Vitti isn't going anywhere! Now, if you want to discuss Amado's future ............
Vitti is going straight back to Independiente reserve team when his loan expires...:o

Lucky Strike
08-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Agree to a certain extent, but Pospisil would likely find MLS physically easier than the SPL. The comparison was more about the effect that Pospisil could have for TFC.

Really? I find that hard to believe.

JamboAl
08-09-2009, 08:11 PM
^Oh yeah...two footed tackles at 100 mph.

Cambridge_Red
08-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Hhahahaha "if he gets good service" yes thats certainly a big if and probably a no. We have Ali Gerba who plays the same role and is most likely better. Give Ali a half chance and he wont miss. Give him nothing and well.... PRI away..

ensco
08-09-2009, 08:38 PM
No point making definite statements about who is staying or going at this point. Still a third of the season to go, and it's no sure thing that Cummins or Mo will be back.

Razcle
08-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Didnt I hear soemthing about Mo's contract extension?

Cambridge_Red
08-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Yes you did. I also heard the Sky is falling