PDA

View Full Version : Security at Stade Suputo

chip_butty
06-06-2008, 09:24 AM
Yikes maybe Canadian cities don't automatically "get it"

Sounds like UM02 is having trouble even with banners:

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=702848

Not good. They also had netting from day 1.

Barbarez
06-06-2008, 09:29 AM
Fight the oppression!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-06-2008, 09:30 AM

These are people who catch cities on fire for winning games!
Do you blame them? :)

Barbarez
06-06-2008, 09:31 AM
These are people who catch cities on fire for winning games!
Do you blame them? :)

No these are not the people, those were hockey fans.

egoodwin
06-06-2008, 09:42 AM
if that is the case...

MLS should turn it's back on Montreal and award to Vancouver instead... Really that is disgraceful, and that could easily turn a hotbed into a Kansas City like team...

Wtf is with Saputo...

Parkdale
06-06-2008, 09:44 AM
Yikes maybe Canadian cities don't automatically "get it".

TFC was lucky that there were groups like us and Usector already formed who they could get feedback from. Before the first game, they had a good idea of what to expect.

Oldtimer
06-06-2008, 09:44 AM
Their forum (in French, mostly) is filled with issues with security.
In fact, one member's board name is (bilingually) "F*** le Secu."

Like the Barra Brava in DC, they choose to persevere despite the problems.

Parkdale
06-06-2008, 09:45 AM
if that is the case...

MLS should turn it's back on Montreal and award to Vancouver instead...

Not going to happen. The MLS would be crazy to say no to Gillette and Saputo because of 'security concerns' that will get fixed.

CretanBull
06-06-2008, 09:56 AM
I don't have a lot of sympathy for the Montreal "ultras" they cause shit and act like fools then cry when security clamps down on them? what did they expect?

chip_butty
06-06-2008, 09:57 AM
they cause shit

uh... that's their *job* :-)

TO DEVILS
06-06-2008, 11:01 AM
TFC was lucky that there were groups like us and Usector already formed who they could get feedback from. Before the first game, they had a good idea of what to expect.

You are talking like Montreal is in their first year expansion and the "Ultras" got together over some poutine on the weekend.

Montreal is not in the same boat as TFC was, these guys have been together for some time now. So whatever the issue is, sure is more than meets the eye.

Plus if any TFC group had a banner that said..."Mo Gotta Go!" i am sure security would take it down as well.

onemanbarmyarmy
06-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Those little dirt merchants deserve all the shit they get. They act like a bunch of retards and then complain that they aren't allowed to unfurl banners that have the word FUCK on them. We can't have those banners either and we are a real supporters group for a real team. I would shut that down faster than a Mount Royal Ultrette can say "Don't punch me I'm 15".

redcard
06-06-2008, 11:20 AM
I thought when they were selling seasons tickets to their south end it said, 'we encouraga signing, standing, banging drums and banners in this section' what happened to all of that?

did the TFC away support have anything to do with it? maybe they didnt like that we were standing, the banners? flags?

onemanbarmyarmy
06-06-2008, 11:24 AM
^^ Or the pounding the shit out of their pathetic "supporters" group.

Eastend
06-06-2008, 11:45 AM
You are talking like Montreal is in their first year expansion and the "Ultras" got together over some poutine on the weekend.

Montreal is not in the same boat as TFC was, these guys have been together for some time now. So whatever the issue is, sure is more than meets the eye.

Plus if any TFC group had a banner that said..."Mo Gotta Go!" i am sure security would take it down as well.

You beat me to it. I've been trying to get through this thread for 15 minutes now (@ work) and this is exactly what I was going to say.

Roogsy
06-06-2008, 11:47 AM
Stade Saputo doesn't get it period. They had no idea what to do with TFC fans in Montreal.

James17930
06-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Though I think this is the first time a Montrealer would not be able to accuse a Torontonian of being a tight-ass.

ilikemusic
06-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Predictable responses after their Canada Cup shenanigans.

t.o_moose
06-06-2008, 01:30 PM
yeah.. why all this sympathy for Montreal?

...I mean.. fuck 'em, right? They hate us, why should we care about what happens to them?

werewolf
06-06-2008, 01:34 PM
^ the only reason I would have any sort of sympathy for them, is because there will be a number of us that could be similarly oppressed for the national team games.

t.o_moose
06-06-2008, 01:36 PM
I see your point. But at that time, it's not a Montreal issue, it's a CSA issue

werewolf
06-06-2008, 01:43 PM
yea, but it will be the same staff working the national games. If someone pulls a baton on me for flying a flag or pulling a streamer, its going to get very ugly, very fast.

TFC07
06-06-2008, 01:47 PM
I don't get this: why is it wrong of having a banner of wanting your coach to be fired?

Maybe these Montreal kids should have a chant for their displeasure of their coach if they're not allowed to have banners.

All this is telling me that these Montreal kids aren't that dumb when comes to soccer. Their coach should get some blame for their recent struggles. And I would rather have Montreal in MLS than cities like Vancouver, St. Louis & Kansas City.

Toronto Ruffrider
06-06-2008, 01:51 PM
yea, but it will be the same staff working the national games. If someone pulls a baton on me for flying a flag or pulling a streamer, its going to get very ugly, very fast.

It's going to be hard for us to throw any streamers from section 114.

Barbarez
06-06-2008, 01:59 PM
I don't get this: why is it wrong of having a banner of wanting your coach to be fired?

Maybe these Montreal kids should have a chant for their displeasure of their coach if they're not allowed to have banners.

All this is telling me that these Montreal kids aren't that dumb when comes to soccer. Their coach should get some blame for their recent struggles. And I would rather have Montreal in MLS than cities like Vancouver, St. Louis & Kansas City.

Q for the fucking T!

masrawy
06-06-2008, 02:06 PM
Liberti per gli ultras!

Even if their ultras are a bunch of punks, fuck the oppression of supporters.

J .
06-07-2008, 01:12 PM
I dont like MTL at all, but on this I got their back and other supporters should as well.

Sometimes it seems like we have a bunch of people who just want to ban people who break rules.

OMG OMG OMG BAN HIM!

Maybe I should jump ship, these guys seem more like supporters than most of ours. At least they don't want to ban their own people... like some of our "supporters" do.

t.o_moose
06-07-2008, 01:24 PM
I dont like MTL at all, but on this I got their back and other supporters should as well.

Sometimes it seems like we have a bunch of people who just want to ban people who break rules.

OMG OMG OMG BAN HIM!

Maybe I should jump ship, these guys seem more like supporters than most of ours. At least they don't want to ban their own people... like some of our "supporters" do.

I'm all for backing up our supporters. And I am NOT supporting the security at Stinky Cheese Stadium

...but LIMPact supporters can all rot in hell for all I care

james
06-08-2008, 04:57 PM
i hate Impact......but i think you guys should beable to have banners. All team supporters should have banners and free speech!

james
06-08-2008, 05:03 PM
i made a anti Argos banner. I put it up at BMO field and almost right as i put it up a security guard came over to me and said i had to take it down. I asked "why". He said stadium rules, but then he went and called BMO field management and the reason they wanted to take down the banner was because they thought it said "stay the fuck out" but once they realised it was just "stay out" they said i could keep the banner. I can understand why they dont like banners with searring, but when its just your opinion or team banners there is no reason why these supporters cant hang banners.

Cashcleaner
06-09-2008, 01:42 AM
I'm kinda torn on this. On one hand I really don't give a rat's ass about the Impact supporters. On the other hand, I feel like all Canadian soccer fans have to sorta stick together with regards to this issues.

werewolf
06-09-2008, 01:44 AM
I'm kinda torn on this. On one hand I really don't give a rat's ass about the Impact supporters. On the other hand, I feel like all Canadian soccer fans have to sorta stick together with regards to this issues.

We really do need to stick together if we have to put up with this nonsense for national team games, it looks like there will be just as many (or more) games there then at BMO.

DavydMT
06-09-2008, 06:14 PM
if that is the case...

MLS should turn it's back on Montreal and award to Vancouver instead... Really that is disgraceful, and that could easily turn a hotbed into a Kansas City like team...

Wtf is with Saputo...

i don't think MLS cares about the fans, actually i know that MLS can't care less what fan's think and you really need to work to make them listen.

ag futbol
06-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Vancouver treats their supporters just as poorly as the impact treat theirs.

Personally, at this point, every team joining this league should be like a Toronto, Phily, Seattle: pro-fan, pro-supporters, real atmosphere. It pays the bills and makes the league more marketable.

If Vancouver and Montreal can't mesh with that, no soup for them, they can stay in the USL.

Cashcleaner
06-10-2008, 12:40 AM
^ Agreed 100%. Franchises just aren't going to thrive in MLS if the fans take a back-seat to all other considerations. On the flip side, as I've mentioned before; I actually think the Impact supporters aren't doing nearly enough to make themselves heard. The squeeky wheel gets the grease, afterall.

FIL T
06-10-2008, 09:24 AM

Soccer in this country will never thrive if supporter groups are treated like shit. That's why we all have to stick together in a way. It's the "real" fans that help make the game what it is, if you take that away you end up with the downright boring and horrible experience fuelled only by corporate ticket sales - Leafs game anyone? No atmosphere. A shity team and crazy ticket prices.

The problem with Canada is that this country is slowly reverting to Communist mode via an abundance of rules and regulations that are limiting people's liberties. There are rules for everything and more rules and restrictions implemented on a daily basis. People need to fight this shit and a soccer stadium is one such place. We need to fight for our rights as supporters, plain and simple!:taz:

Fort York Redcoat
06-10-2008, 09:29 AM
No banners I'll never agree with but if it has expletives it will be confiscated most places. I hope the ultras relations with their club improves because they are the difference between them entering the league like we did or ending up another MLS soccer mom team.

King Tut
06-11-2008, 01:39 AM

Fuck Montreal Impact and fuck their Ultras.....

THEY DESERVE IT!

King Tut
06-11-2008, 01:43 AM
yeah.. why all this sympathy for Montreal?

...I mean.. fuck 'em, right? They hate us, why should we care about what happens to them?

QFT :cool:

Lenny Dikestra
06-11-2008, 03:51 PM
Maybe BMO isn't so bad

canadian_bhoy
06-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Who cares. Micky mouse club in a micky mouse league.