PDA

View Full Version : Serie A striker returning to MLS

SvenFlu
08-08-2009, 03:27 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=665821&sec=us&cc=5901

Maybe TFC should go after him. We need a good young striker to replace Dichio. I've never seen the kid play but we could use him.

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Meh. Lombardo was "Serie A" striker, Welsh was billed as a former Premier League player. It's easy to get overawed with a players CV because they had a cup of coffee with a big team.

VPjr
08-08-2009, 04:41 PM
If he's as good as Robbie Rogers, it might be a good gamble for some team who is looking for cover and who will give the kid a chance to win a spot on the team if he is good enough.

This kid just screams NY Red Bull but I don't know who is at the top of the list for returning players

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Has he been compared to Robbie Rogers or is that just spec.?

Bobo
08-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Meh. Lombardo was "Serie A" striker, Welsh was billed as a former Premier League player. It's easy to get overawed with a players CV because they had a cup of coffee with a big team.

Lombardo was a Serie B striker I think. Splitting hairs though, good point. I think it's worth a look though.

kaos197O
08-08-2009, 06:01 PM
If he's as good as Robbie Rogers, it might be a good gamble for some team who is looking for cover and who will give the kid a chance to win a spot on the team if he is good enough.

This kid just screams NY Red Bull but I don't know who is at the top of the list for returning players

I believe Dallas is next in line....

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Lombardo was a Serie B striker I think. Splitting hairs though, good point. I think it's worth a look though.

Yes in that he spent most of his time on loan at Serie B clubs, but he was he property of Serie A, Atalanta B.C. (or where they Serie B when he was there?)

Cas87
08-08-2009, 11:09 PM
It says he was a member of the Shite Bull U-16 academy
By any chance was this a decision MO made before he came here? just a thought
B/c if that was the case we are probably already on that

Bobo
08-09-2009, 11:12 AM
Yes in that he spent most of his time on loan at Serie B clubs, but he was he property of Serie A, Atalanta B.C. (or where they Serie B when he was there?)

If I'm not mistaken they came up the year after he left. Cutting him was all it took, LOL.

S_D
08-09-2009, 06:36 PM

Here is the allocation order:

http://wvhooligan.com/2009/07/15/update-allocation-order/

Just a quick question though, is he subject to allocation?

I know he was/is on the US U20's (but not USMNT) and was in the Red Bull academy but not MLS so he wouldn't be considered a returning player would he? :noidea:

Shakes McQueen
08-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Worth a look, but I'm not too excited. Trains with Napoli, but has yet to ever make a start for their senior team.

- Scott

prizby
08-10-2009, 01:51 AM
wasn't lombardo with atalanta,
aren't they in serie A?

brad
08-10-2009, 09:03 AM
aren't they in serie A?

Pretty sure they were in Serie B when he was there.

VoxPopuliCosmicum
08-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Lombardo was "Serie A" striker.

Lombardo was a Serie B striker I think.

Yes in that he spent most of his time on loan at Serie B clubs, but he was he property of Serie A, Atalanta B.C. (or were they Serie B when he was there?)

If I'm not mistaken they came up the year after he left. Cutting him was all it took, LOL.

aren't they in serie A?

Pretty sure they were in Serie B when he was there.

I love it when people refuse to read a thread before they post. There's no denying the quality of the thread.