PDA

View Full Version : Would you want Ronaldo on TFC???

andyc
08-07-2009, 10:14 PM
So as I was booing Ronaldo off the field tonight, a Ronaldo fan turned to me and said wouldn't you love to have him on OUR team. This guy had never sat in my section nor was he wearing any red at all...

My immediate reaction was NO WAY but I'm a Brit and Leeds fan so I may be biased!! I sat back and thought about this.... Of course it would never happen but I really don't think that I want him on my team. Ronaldo might deliver us the league and playoffs but I'd rather suck balls than have him play in a TFC shirt...

What do you think??

Bars92
08-07-2009, 10:17 PM
I'd like the first Ronaldo in his prime on TFC.

mclaren
08-07-2009, 10:19 PM
oh come on, is this the level of discussion on this forum now?

wzhxvy
08-07-2009, 10:26 PM
This poll is ludicrous.

billyfly
08-07-2009, 10:26 PM
I don't usually speak up on this board but andy - suck away.

This is a dumb thread.

andyc
08-07-2009, 10:28 PM
oh come on, is this the level of discussion on this forum now?

Why are you being so high and mighty on this?? I was asked this question tonight and gave my gut reaction but afterwards thought that this is a more significant question.

LA can sign Beckham so why not??

I honestly don't think that signing someone at this level would help the team or the league. I was looking for other peoples thoughts.

From now on should we only discuss the finer points of tactics (no offense Jloome) or are we just a board of drunk assholes who like supporting the team?

Ladies Love Julius James
08-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Nope not a chance. After he walked out on the pitch at United, it sealed the deal for me.

Redpunkfiddle
08-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Ali- BOOMAYE this thread.

billyfly
08-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Why are you being so high and mighty on this?? I was asked this question tonight and gave my gut reaction but afterwards thought that this is a more significant question.

LA can sign Beckham so why not??

I honestly don't think that signing someone at this level would help the team or the league. I was looking for other peoples thoughts.

From now on should we only discuss the finer points of tactics (no offense Jloome) or are we just a board of drunk assholes who like supporting the team?

It might have been the "suck balls" comment that made your post not so innocent.

TFC07
08-07-2009, 10:31 PM
What's up with hate for Ronaldo on this website? Did Ronaldo do something bad to you guys (RPB)?

andyc
08-07-2009, 10:32 PM
It might have been the "suck balls" comment that made your post not so innocent.

I declared my bias up front... :D

billyfly
08-07-2009, 10:34 PM
That's fine but you don't give a "real" reason for not wanting him on your team or TFC.

TFCtoMUFC
08-07-2009, 10:36 PM
Nope, hate him, always will, he was an idiot on United, he's a diver and for the money I would rather have Lionel Messi

billyfly
08-07-2009, 10:37 PM
Nope not a chance. After he walked out on the pitch at United, it sealed the deal for me.

And yet: "...despite Ronaldo's unusual move, United manager Alex Ferguson insisted the Portugal winger was right to make a sharp exit."

andyc
08-07-2009, 10:37 PM
That's fine but you don't give a "real" reason for not wanting him on your team or TFC.

My immediate or "real" reason is that I can't stand him. But I also in reflection don't think that a Galactico would be a good idea for this team...

I was starting a thread not giving an entire life history...

billyfly
08-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Nope, hate him, always will, he was an idiot on United, he's a diver and for the money I would rather have Lionel Messi

Please elaborate how he was such as idiot with United and also please let me know how many times you're played top flight soccer and been kicked in the shins repeatedly over the course of 90 mins.

billyfly
08-07-2009, 10:40 PM
My immediate or "real" reason is that I can't stand him. But I also in reflection don't think that a Galactico would be a good idea for this team...

I was starting a thread not giving an entire life history...

Well sorry Andy if I am challenging you on this. I think you just prove my point. You don't like him. Your reasons are your reasons but don't pretend they are anything more than he isn't your type of guy.

Ladies Love Julius James
08-07-2009, 10:41 PM
And yet: "...despite Ronaldo's unusual move, United manager Alex Ferguson insisted the Portugal winger was right to make a sharp exit."

It's a thorn out of his side. He's treated SAF like complete shit this past season.

stugautz
08-07-2009, 10:41 PM
If he wasn't a such a douche then yes...I would.

Free Agents
08-07-2009, 10:42 PM
LOL Keep on keeping on (losing) then I guess.

billyfly
All of my fellow Mancs always say the same thing. JJ - you don't know SAF or what he's thinking. If that is what he said, we have to believe that is what he meant.

TFC07
Wow, we got a lot of Man Utd. fans here. I guess Man utd is more important than TFC to these fans on here.

Ladies Love Julius James
08-07-2009, 10:44 PM
Reasons I dislike Ronaldo:

On the height of the biggest game of his career with Manchester United, he talks about leaving and how it's his dream to play at Real Madrid up until a few days before Moscow.

He stops play to yell at the ref when asking for a call. Because of this often times when he is legit. fouled he does not get the call.

He threw his kit on the ground after being subbed off

He walked off the pitch after taking a foul without telling anyone anything and left the field with 10 men without communicating anything to the coach, just walked off.

He's missed some big penalties. CL Final, Barca Semi Final

He takes a hell of a lot of fouls but is the biggest diver in the EPL, Nani in a close second.

billyfly
08-07-2009, 10:44 PM
I think Ronaldo is probably a douche but I have never met him.

I dislike some people I have never met as well but I don't understand why lots of people jump on him.

andyc
08-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Well sorry Andy if I am challenging you on this. I think you just prove my point. You don't like him. Your reasons are your reasons but don't pretend they are anything more than he isn't your type of guy.

Please don't apologize... I didn't think that I hid my bias at all. I've just been pushing back because I don't think that this is a thread that should be immediately dismissed because the OP had a declared bias... That was kind of the point of my question.

billyfly
08-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Wow, we got a lot of Man Utd. fans here. I guess Man utd is more important than TFC to these fans on here.

To some yes and they admit it.

I am TFC first but in EPL I follow the 3 sails.

Ladies Love Julius James
08-07-2009, 10:46 PM
All of my fellow Mancs always say the same thing. JJ - you don't know SAF or what he's thinking. If that is what he said, we have to believe that is what he meant.

You and I both know SAF is the most recognizable manager to use the media to benefit his team, he'll say whatever he wants to ease the situation.

Whoop
08-07-2009, 10:48 PM
1) Dumb thread can't believe I'm post here. *smacks himself upside the head*

2) No. He plays for himself and not for the team.

billyfly
08-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Reasons I dislike Ronaldo:

On the height of the biggest game of his career with Manchester United, he talks about leaving and how it's his dream to play at Real Madrid up until a few days before Moscow.

Agree. Never understood these actions but his entourage etc I think are a big influence on this type of stuff.

He stops play to yell at the ref when asking for a call. Because of this often times when he is legit. fouled he does not get the call.

What came first chicken or egg? Its a problem but not only for him.

He threw his kit on the ground after being subbed off.

Don't recall this.

He walked off the pitch after taking a foul without telling anyone anything and left the field with 10 men without communicating anything to the coach, just walked off.

Again, SAF said he had no problem with it. But I don;t think I would have done it.

He's missed some big penalties. CL Final, Barca Semi Final

Fuck, he's Portuguese.

He takes a hell of a lot of fouls but is the biggest diver in the EPL, Nani in a close second.

He also goes into traffic and see the other point of chicken or egg.

Ladies Love Julius James
08-07-2009, 10:50 PM
It's a valid question.

Would you want one of the most greatest players in the world, if it meant putting up with all the baggage that came with it.

TFCtoMUFC
08-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Please elaborate how he was such as idiot with United and also please let me know how many times you're played top flight soccer and been kicked in the shins repeatedly over the course of 90 mins.

He screwed England in the last World Cup, when he took a cheap shot against clubmate Wayne Rooney. With United I could not stand how it was all about him and he has a very self-centered attitude. Don't get me wrong I hated him before he left but because he was on my team i dealt with it. Now that hes gone, dont care for him.

billyfly
You and I both know SAF is the most recognizable manager to use the media to benefit his team, he'll say whatever he wants to ease the situation.

Yeah man but if it was truly disrespectful to him I also believe that Sir Alex would have not stood for it.

Shakes McQueen
If I can accept Guevara on our team, I can certainly cope with having a world-class talent like Ronaldo, even if I think he's a complete waste of space in every conceivable way.

- Scott

Ladies Love Julius James
08-07-2009, 10:52 PM
SAF did have a problem with it, he said he should of at least said something. One thing is SAF has always defended him but deep down before the season ended SAF gave him an earful which wasn't supposed to be leaked to the media.

andyc
08-07-2009, 10:53 PM
Can we get back to the original question?

I *honestly* do not want to cause an anti Ronaldo war as that would belong on the International thread...

Ladies Love Julius James
08-07-2009, 10:53 PM
Yeah man but if it was truly disrespectful to him I also believe that Sir Alex would have not stood for it.

I've always anticipated that he made an exception because of who the player was. Any other player though and I agree.

billyfly
08-07-2009, 10:54 PM
He screwed England in the last World Cup, when he took a cheap shot against clubmate Wayne Rooney. With United I could not stand how it was all about him and he has a very self-centered attitude. Don't get me wrong I hated him before he left but because he was on my team i dealt with it. Now that hes gone, dont care for him.

Did NOT SCREW ENGLAND. What does he have to do with England in an international setting?

He told the REF that Wayne stomped Carvalho in the NUTZ. What!, the ref listens to Ronaldo?? Cristiano made the call?

He probably does have a self-centred attitude. He's constantly being told he's the best in the world! We'd all probably fall to that.

billyfly
08-07-2009, 10:56 PM
Can we get back to the original question?

I *honestly* do not want to cause an anti Ronaldo war as that would belong on the International thread...

You can't start this thread without this sh*t happening.

TFCtoMUFC
08-07-2009, 10:56 PM
Did NOT SCREW ENGLAND. What does he have to do with England in an international setting?

He told the REF that Wayne stomped Carvalho in the NUTZ. What!, the ref listens to Ronaldo?? Cristiano made the call?

He probably does have a self-centred attitude. He's constantly being told he's the best in the world! We'd all probably fall to that.

I'm just saying from my point of view he screwed England and he never cared for Manchester United, so why didn't he leave earlier? I respect your point of view though and seeing as you probably know more about soccer than me I will listen instead of talk/type.

andyc
08-07-2009, 10:58 PM
So mods please close... This was not my intent... I was trying to have some fun but generate a conversation too...

billyfly
08-07-2009, 10:58 PM
I never understood his love for Real. In a few interviews he talked about Madrid being every Portuguezers dream. (??) I don't know anyone that thinks that.

But footballers drop the "its a dream.." line so often that it has no meaning.

prizby
08-07-2009, 10:59 PM
does ronaldo want to come back?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41154900@N02/3799304715/

billyfly
08-07-2009, 11:01 PM
So mods please close... This was not my intent... I was trying to have some fun but generate a conversation too...

Sorry Andy. I just wanted to state that as a Luso-Canadian if gets my goat when people attack Ronaldo without reason.

I think he probably is a prima donna and he dresses funny and he does stuff I don't think I would do if I was in his shoes.

But seriously sometimes the Ronaldo hate comes out as anti-porkchop bs and that gets my "irish" up.

Roogsy
08-07-2009, 11:02 PM
I think the poll is missing an option.

I would NOT want Ronaldo on our team not because he is a douchebag. Who wouldn't want such a great player on their team regardless of what a prick he is?

I would not want Ronaldo because Beckham proved you need more than one superstar one a team. Shoot...LA has TWO superstars and have fumbled their way through 2 seasons.

If we were to have Ronaldo, he would be massively frustrated at the wasted skill he would bring and would eventually pull a Beckham and want to leave or would simply stop trying. Either way it would be a waste.

I want a collection of skilled players. I don't need a superstar. And that is why I wouldn't want Cristina Ronaldive.

RedsYNWA
08-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Some of you people are idiots, If Satan Hitler & Stalin were playing for TFC and were producing. I would be the first guy out there getting a Hitler Kit

andyc
08-07-2009, 11:08 PM
Sorry Andy. I just wanted to state that as a Luso-Canadian if gets my goat when people attack Ronaldo without reason.

I think he probably is a prima donna and he dresses funny and he does stuff I don't think I would do if I was in his shoes.

But seriously sometimes the Ronaldo hate comes out as anti-porkchop bs and that gets my "irish" up.

Fair enough but you have to admit that his style encourages a love/hate mentality... At the start of the thread I declared an England and Leeds bias. This isn't anti porkchop more anti Ronaldo/ManU/Plus the world cup game...

My point was that despite my gut (anti Ronaldo) reaction, I still think that a Ronaldo or Ronaldo like signing would be bad for TFC and MLS... And I was looking for other opinions...

I still think that we need a DP ASAP but the player needs to be at the right level not just affordable.

billyfly
08-07-2009, 11:10 PM
^ I think Roogsy makes valid points why you wouldn't want a Ronaldo on TFC. The DP vs non-DP argument has been argued many times on this board.

andyc
08-07-2009, 11:10 PM
I think the poll is missing an option.

I would NOT want Ronaldo on our team not because he is a douchebag. Who wouldn't want such a great player on their team regardless of what a prick he is?

I would not want Ronaldo because Beckham proved you need more than one superstar one a team. Shoot...LA has TWO superstars and have fumbled their way through 2 seasons.

If we were to have Ronaldo, he would be massively frustrated at the wasted skill he would bring and would eventually pull a Beckham and want to leave or would simply stop trying. Either way it would be a waste.

I want a collection of skilled players. I don't need a superstar. And that is why I wouldn't want Cristina Ronaldive.

That was kind of where I was thinking... There's good and bad to signing a Galactico...

andyc
08-07-2009, 11:13 PM
^ I think Roogsy makes valid points why you wouldn't want a Ronaldo on TFC. The DP vs non-DP argument has been argued many times on this board.

I think that this is different to the DP v non-DP argument... My point is around Galactico DP al la Ronaldo which could disrupt the team in a material way vs an Angel type DP.

Not sure how a JDG DP fits into this discussion?

CretanBull
08-07-2009, 11:48 PM
He's a first rate douchbag, I'd hate to see him soil our jersey.

the-lower-eastsider
08-08-2009, 12:53 AM
Some of you people are idiots, If Satan Hitler & Stalin were playing for TFC and were producing. I would be the first guy out there getting a Hitler Kit
agreed. quote of the last 3 years for me. absofucking-lutely.
craiger

Nomad
08-08-2009, 01:24 AM
I'd rather have Benzema.

Then again, i'm a Lyon fan.

tfc007
08-08-2009, 08:10 AM
I was at the game tonight and Ronaldo was fantastic,Hate him or love him,wish TFC had a few players like this guy,we would be tops in north america.I am personally getting tired of TFC losing and especially with teams from lower leagues.Yes if Ronaldo could help us at any cost I say YES!

ArmenJBX
08-08-2009, 08:15 AM
Everyone who says they wouldn't are just kidding themselves...

Like it or not, the minute Mo starts talking about a transfer like that, you'd piss yourselves with excitement, as would I. :D

CretanBull
08-08-2009, 08:22 AM
A transfer "like that" for sure I'd be thrilled, but little Crissy herself? Never in our red.

TFC RealDeal RPB
08-08-2009, 09:08 AM

+1 me too I can't stand him now,he doesn't look good in that kit and i hate RM so CR9 CAN GO FUCK HIMSELF !!!

No I would not want him cause he's not a man of he's word

ecospice
08-08-2009, 09:11 AM

I totally agree. He is a full out traitor (even if we did sell him for a crapload of money...)

And, this thread really has no business being on this board...I cannot believe I am responding to it...:picard:

OneLoveOneEric
08-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Wow. After this poll, and the "do you want MLS football to be good" poll, I clearly need a long holiday from this board.
Fuck me, this is obscene.

Shep
08-08-2009, 09:53 AM

Apparently FIFA and 90% of top managers are idiots too.

Basically what you are saying is that regardless of a players actions off the pitch if he is playing well he should be in the squad.

I couldn't disagree more.

Players in top leagues are often pulled for being involved in things they shouldn't. Even as mild as late-night partying or even flipping the bird during a match, let alone genocide and routine torture of men, woman and children.

Enjoy your hitler kit. :rolleyes:

Marco2K
08-08-2009, 09:55 AM
I am not gonna waste alot of time with you FUCKIN LOSERS.

TFC has ZERO GOOD PLAYERS.

WE FUCKIN SUCK.

And somehow you would not want CR9 on TFC?? HA HA HA HA HA 7\

Trust me after the way all you ignrant fucks booed him all night he would never consider playing here even at 50.

He is one of the best players in the world. But ALL YOU ENGLISH FUCKS ARE FUCKIN BABIES.

KEEP LOVING ROONEY AND BECKHAM LOSERS!!

VIVA PORTGAUL

VIVA RONALDO!!!!!

BFin
08-08-2009, 09:56 AM
LOL I love this comment!!
As if the first scenario was not ludicrous enough, you just upped it witt this one!
Can this poll be phrased as "Would Cristiano Ronaldo ever WANT to come to TFC"....it's not our decision, it would be his.

Shep
08-08-2009, 10:00 AM
I am not gonna waste alot of time with you FUCKIN LOSERS.

TFC has ZERO GOOD PLAYERS.

WE FUCKIN SUCK.

And somehow you would not want CR9 on TFC?? HA HA HA HA HA 7\

Trust me after the way all you ignrant fucks booed him all night he would never consider playing here even at 50.

He is one of the best players in the world. But ALL YOU ENGLISH FUCKS ARE FUCKIN BABIES.

KEEP LOVING ROONEY AND BECKHAM LOSERS!!

VIVA PORTGAUL

VIVA RONALDO!!!!!

This guy cracks me up. :D

But not enough to avoid my ignore list. Cya.

Marco2K
08-08-2009, 10:02 AM
I crack you up?

Some of you fucks actually said you would not want him.

COME ON.

U guys hate Ronado cause he screwed Man U and England. Who gives a fuck.

He has been saying for years that he wanted to join Real Madrid and he did .

WaitingListSuck
08-08-2009, 10:07 AM
FUCK CHRISTIANO RONALDO

hes a fucking baby and is a a fuckface

did u see how he ignored fans at pearson airport yesterday when kaka and PEPE were waving and making eye contact at the least

those are classy football players

not this low life kid named CR9

i would rather be a CREW fan then have ronaldo step on bmo field grass EVER AGAIN
ive never liked him