PDA

View Full Version : Garcia are you down with him???

Frank Costanza
08-07-2009, 11:21 AM
I get mixed reactions from fans about Garcia, slow we all agree on but in terms of useful, valuable, good leader, vocal leader, all these characteristics i find ppl are on one side of the fence or the other.

RPB lets put it to a vote from the best supporters in all the land

H Bomb
08-07-2009, 11:25 AM
he's smart, vocal and slow as hell. Without Gomez or Nana next to him he's useless. With one of those two next to him, he's just fine

prizby
08-07-2009, 11:27 AM
down with him

he will help gomez and nana develop

ArmenJBX
08-07-2009, 11:33 AM
I liked him in KC, I liked him in San Jose, and when he came to Toronto I grinned. Trust me, you haven't seen the best from this guy. When he's on his game, He's on his game big time.

FluSH
08-07-2009, 11:35 AM
I'm down with OPP

torfchamilton
08-07-2009, 11:37 AM
I am not down, too slow, too short, no vertical and not really that good. Remember, KC had him in the expansion draft and then san Jose let him go. We lack a true CB.

Pachuco
08-07-2009, 11:44 AM
Still don't know what to make of him. He's a stay at home defender with good positioning. Unfortunately, he's the slowest professional soccer played I've seen. Get's burned because of his speed too often. I really don't know what to make of the guy yet.

rocker
08-07-2009, 11:54 AM
when he's not tested for speed he's a solid defender. Smart guy, knows where to be.
He hasn't been tested for speed in every game. PRI certainly didn't.
Kinda "bend but hope he doesn't break" kind of guy when it comes to pace.

Pookie
08-07-2009, 12:14 PM
I like what he brings. I'm not so sure that he doesn't ultimately end up taking a "Valez" role at some point.

A 2nd half sub with experience. Later in the game he may not get burned by opponents with tired legs which might mitigate his speed issues.

daner90
08-07-2009, 12:17 PM
I like this guy alot. Along with Serioux he gives a solid set of CB's in terms of defensive ability.

He was given the chance to be the single stay at home DB in PR and he did a great job.

maninb
08-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Yeah agree in general with most posters, he's a liability against a smart & fast striker...but fortunately there isn't many of them in MLS...so he'll be a good mentor to Nana & Gomez hopefully....

Darlofletch
08-07-2009, 12:38 PM
In the middle of a competent defence, he'd be alright, in the middle of our defence, he has too many mistakes to try and cover, and he just doesn't have the pace for it. a good defender, but not the type of defender we need.

Wagner
08-07-2009, 01:04 PM
i like garcia.
i'm down.

JwqTrtri1J0

trane
08-07-2009, 01:04 PM
I am down with Garcia braking Ronaldo's leg.

GingerNinja
08-07-2009, 01:07 PM
I am down with Garcia braking Ronaldo's leg.

+1
I hate that whiny bitch.

:topic:
I enjoy that Garcia is on our team.

grizzle
08-07-2009, 01:20 PM
Until there is someone better to come in, I like Garcia. He looks and acts like a strong leader for the team which at times is lacking.

KRO
08-07-2009, 01:20 PM
I'm going to age myself here. Does being 'down' with someone now mean you like them? In other words does it now mean the opposite of what it used to mean? A bit like 'sick' meaning 'very good' I suppose.

By the way - Garcia. I think his good football brain and positioning gets him out of trouble especially when he has someone fast playing alongside him. So I guess I'm 'down' with him.

H Bomb
08-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Hahaha:smilielol5::lol: :lol: :hide:

that's great. Dont start using sick though.....think that one may have come and gone

ensco
08-07-2009, 01:29 PM
As I type this, only 14% don't like the guy. Are you kidding me?

His positioning sense doesn't make up for the fact that he's waaaaaaay too short to be a CB. And he's slow.

I hope Mo can get out of this contract at year end. Nana and Serioux are the starting CBs next year.

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-07-2009, 01:30 PM
I like his effort and organizational skills - but all and all I feel he's passed it. However, I am down with him.

this is joga
08-07-2009, 01:51 PM
i'm 100% down with Nicky G!
i'd hate to think how bad our D would be without him.. oh wait, i got to see it first hand.

Jeff s
08-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Dont like him. Hes so crap. Way to slow, to short and even his tackling ability is a question mark, gets beat so easily.

Serioux, Nana, and even Gomez > Garcia.

profit89
08-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Dont like him. Hes so crap. Way to slow, to short and even his tackling ability is a question mark, gets beat so easily.

Serioux, Nana, and even Gomez > Garcia.

Agree. He stinks.

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-07-2009, 02:19 PM
"Down with him" seems like and odd way to phrase the question. He's not a great player and doesn't appear to be what the team needs at the CB position, but he displays effort and drive. What are the criteria to be down with someone? Would I sign him to a long term contract? No. Would I spot him a five?. Probably.

TFC OZZ
08-07-2009, 03:34 PM
Positives:
Smart player
very vocal

Negatives:
slow as hell

druid
08-07-2009, 05:02 PM
I wish he had a little more in terms of physical attributes: height, speed, etc.

That said, I think he improves our defense when he plays. Particularly if youngsters are playing.

king dave
08-07-2009, 05:17 PM
I get mixed reactions from fans about Garcia, slow we all agree on but in terms of useful, valuable, good leader, vocal leader, all these characteristics i find ppl are on one side of the fence or the other.

RPB lets put it to a vote from the best supporters in all the land
There is a very well known RPB who lives next door to him so he would be the guy to talk to.
This individual has already gone through his garbage looking for clues.:D
KD.

trane
08-07-2009, 05:47 PM
I am more down with Garcia, then I am with Ronaldo and company.

jloome
08-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Smart , but not big and strong enough. he basically gifted Jankauskas that finish in New England, and that cost us two vital points.

He looks out of his depth about 30% of the time, which is too much for a starter.

Nice and vocal, though. Would be a great third centre-half.

ExiledRed
08-07-2009, 06:21 PM
mediocre, not the answer to our defensive problems.

Almost got himself ejected early at Montreal for f'in and blindin' at the ref.

I'm not a fan.

cochrdoc
08-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Has our goals against gotten any better with him in the line-up.I don`t think so.He is slow and not strong in the air.He was undressed in the first 5 minutes vs NE but Frei save his bacon .His man latter scored the tying goal.I think if we could improve our back line we would be right up there.Let see what he does with RM.

jloome
08-07-2009, 08:56 PM
He had a terrible game tonight, although it's not likely he'll face a lineup like that again any time soon, which is something.

hodgkiss
08-07-2009, 09:51 PM
garcia is a terrible defender. yes he is vocal and he has made some smart plays but those things are expected of all defenders. the truth is, he can't mark a man, is constantly beaten to balls and has a very poor distribution. what good is he? not very much. gomez has already shown much more promise than garcia and he is 18. we need a much better (no nonsense) defender in eth middle and we need nana back. we actually need 3 good defenders cuz jimmy is getting slower too and velez can't do much. the only defenders i am happy with are serioux (who still makes mistakes but is better than most) nana and gomez.

Davenport
08-08-2009, 08:18 AM
mediocre, not the answer to our defensive problems.

Almost got himself ejected early at Montreal for f'in and blindin' at the ref.

I'm not a fan.

Nor me.
He's not a good defender..he doesn't do anything well.

Chewy Unikronik
08-08-2009, 08:32 AM
I'm down with OPP
Yeah, you know me

Sonny Cheeba
08-08-2009, 11:01 AM
down. he could be faster though.

Big Bruva
08-08-2009, 02:02 PM
he's smart, vocal and slow as hell. Without Gomez or Nana next to him he's useless. With one of those two next to him, he's just fine

I hear what ya saying and thought it would be fine too coz he is a veteran defender and a leader who is vocal but i did say after watching him in one game that his lack of pace will kill him with a lot of 1v1's. Last night for the forth goal he was held off easily and taken down the line, he fell for a little fake and then was taken down the line again and it was crossed in for an easy tap in.

Adrian next to him will bail him out a couple times like i said before but he will be exposed every now and then.

I think you really need to sandwich him on the right side of CB in between Marv and Adrian coz they both hussle a lot and can cover.

james
08-08-2009, 02:30 PM
hes to slow. We need a defence man whos all round good. If a player is ok at some skills and bad at others such as running then he shouldnt be on out team. We need a good defence to solve our problems.

Yohan
08-08-2009, 04:46 PM
The thing with MLS defenders is that you'll rarely find who is without some sort of fault.

If Garcia had a bit of speed so that he doesn't get exposed when Wynne or Brennan screws up and he gets caught out of position, or he gets paired up with a speedy CB, I think Garcia would be a better fit. So, a decent defensive team, Garcia would be good, because his leadership, positioning and overall football IQ is pretty good. Put him in a team with crappy defence like TFC, and Garcia's weakness gets over exposed.

Meh. When I said get a DP CB or trade for top MLS defenders like Chad Marshall at all cost, I'm quite serious.

I want Tebily back

felipe
08-08-2009, 07:59 PM
I like him - he's been a key addition to our backline - finally some leadership and positioning

Is he the best in the league? No. Is he a capable pro who is a significant upgrade to what we had before? Yes.

and we got him for what? Nothing?

Yohan
08-08-2009, 08:01 PM
I like him - he's been a key addition to our backline - finally some leadership and positioning

Is he the best in the league? No. Is he a capable pro who is a significant upgrade to what we had before? Yes.

and we got him for what? Nothing?
not really. his contract is worth about 200k per year, and we dont know how many years he's got left on his contract and whether it's guaranteed or not

Amy011777
08-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Garcia is a liability in the back... He's a total hack who gives up way too many stupid fouls. Get rid of him, that's my 2 cents.

Yohan
08-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Garcia is a liability in the back... He's a total hack who gives up way too many stupid fouls. Get rid of him, that's my 2 cents.
is he committing fouls because he's a no good piece of shit, or is he committing fouls because his fellow defenders hung him out to dry?

Brennan and Wynne aren't exactly paragon of defensive virtues.

Remember. Garcia does have 6 USMNT caps, an MLS Cup and an US Open Cup ring.

I think Garcia does commit some stupid fouls, but that's a pandemic among TFC defenders

Amy011777
08-08-2009, 08:23 PM
You can sing his credentials from the past all you like... I've not seen him do much to help out the back line. Wynne & Brennan may not be top defenders either, but at least they don't haul down opposing players in the penalty area when we can't afford to give up any goals (recall Montreal). Thank God DeRo had the game of his life that night...

Yohan
08-08-2009, 09:26 PM
You can sing his credentials from the past all you like... I've not seen him do much to help out the back line. Wynne & Brennan may not be top defenders either, but at least they don't haul down opposing players in the penalty area when we can't afford to give up any goals (recall Montreal). Thank God DeRo had the game of his life that night...
yeah. wynne just makes it up by giving up crucial penalties that cost us points with handballs.

brennan... just how many defensive fuck ups has it committed led to opposition chances that led to goals?

J .
08-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Good temp guy as Gomez is not ready to play every day and we need depth at the position. But he really is a sub, however I like gomez, serioux and and nana. Nana is hurt tho.

Red CB Toronto
08-10-2009, 03:06 PM
I am all for having him on this team, you need veteran leaders like him to help direct the youngters, Nana, Gomez and Sayang will benefit from having on the pitch.

hodgkiss
08-10-2009, 08:29 PM
can someone please run this pole at the end of the season as well? because i have a feeling that most of those who support him now will change their mind when he screws up some more, and some more, and some more...

TFC OZZ
03-11-2010, 01:51 PM
I can't believe people are actually defending Garcia. He's small, slow, and expensive; honestly I can't stand the guy. We need to get him off of our back line immediately.

I can't tell you how many players have come and gone through TFC that I would rather take playing at CB for us than Garcia. Rick Titus is a better defender for god's sake. Heaven help our defense.

Shaughno
03-11-2010, 01:54 PM
I don't know if you noticed... but these comments are from August and prior...

Darlofletch
03-11-2010, 01:55 PM
chuckle! bravo to whoever found this and brought it back.

Nuvinho
03-11-2010, 01:56 PM
I am down with O.P.P. but not Garcia.

ManUtd4ever
03-11-2010, 01:58 PM
I think the consensus regarding Garcia has been made abundantly clear...:facepalm:

Shaughno
03-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Really? I'm not sure I've seen people talk about Garcia. Considering how fantastic he was last season, I figured people would be screaming for a guaranteed contract for him...

olegunnar
03-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Someone should go bump the thread where people were arguing that Garcia should get the armband!
That was an instant classic
:hump:

I would...but then I'd get accused of being a malcontent

Detroit_TFC
03-11-2010, 04:08 PM
He's a dud, just like the San Jose fans said he would be.

Yeoman
03-11-2010, 04:46 PM
He's a dud, just like the San Jose fans said he would be.

sounds like i should get his name on my next kit ;)
can go nicely with my ricketts jersey

jimiv
03-11-2010, 06:14 PM
It would be great if a new poll was started so that the love / hate can be compared....

TOBOR !
03-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Holy crap... Good One, and top marks for using the SEARCH feature !

prizby
03-11-2010, 09:18 PM
still down with him...although not at 193k

like i said before, and ill say again, he'll help the young talent develop

james
03-12-2010, 12:43 AM
ive never seen a guy give away so many goals and still get to play so much. Also slowest player on the team. Cut him!

james
03-12-2010, 12:45 AM
yeah. wynne just makes it up by giving up crucial penalties that cost us points with handballs.

brennan... just how many defensive fuck ups has it committed led to opposition chances that led to goals?

maybe half as many as Garcia has :D:hump:

Mikey
03-12-2010, 07:58 AM
He is SO awesome that we are stuck with him, not a chance in hell of getting another team in MLS to take him.

Cut Robbo, Guevara and Serioux, But keep "own goal" Garcia? Someone needs to start rounding up some of the crack pipes in the management offices.....

Ultra & Proud
03-12-2010, 11:49 AM
http://www.anecdotoff.com/images/stories/gallery/20071103/big-shit.jpg

Auzzy
03-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Hate it when the ghosts of threads long since passed come back to haunt you....

TFCtoMUFC
03-12-2010, 11:02 PM
He scores more then Chad Barrett.

Yohan
03-13-2010, 08:24 AM
i'm officially done giving Nick Garcia chances. clearly he hasn't got his head straight since off season

pepher
03-13-2010, 08:37 AM
who was our player union rep before garcia?

tfc007
03-14-2010, 07:09 AM
One Useless Cunt!

swan
03-14-2010, 07:16 AM
30% like this guy..:picard:

McBrace
03-14-2010, 08:52 AM
last nights game he look like total shit.. He seemed to think his only option while on the ball was the back pass, was again slow as fuck. Preki can't ignore the fact that this guy is a total waste.. Stick his ass in the press box and let mo deal with him...If Garcia so much as warms up, i'm going to lose it!

twistedchinaman
03-14-2010, 11:50 AM
Nick Garcia, you suck.

Retire immediately and take up something else -- because you're over the hill.

Davenport
03-14-2010, 05:01 PM
He's fookin shite.
Sums up Johnston doesn't it ?
He thinks Garcia's good enough.
He's not, he's crap....like most of his signings.

T.O TILL I DIE
03-15-2010, 02:31 AM
Garcia Needs To Go To House League Then Ill Be Down With Him

colman1860
03-15-2010, 04:14 AM
If anybody needs a good chuckle to distract from the fact that he may be a starter on this team, read the first page of this thread.

Davenport
03-15-2010, 07:59 AM
What's really shocking is that over 50% on this poll think he's either good enough or are willing to give him a chance on future results.
In a nutshell that shows why Johnston's still got a job.

JonO
03-15-2010, 08:18 AM
^ You do realize that the poll was taken the time the trade was made...

Davenport
03-15-2010, 05:08 PM
errrrrrr no.

TFCtoMUFC
03-16-2010, 08:52 PM
TTC Dude Caught Sleeping On The Job > Garcia

King Tut
03-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Nice guy, but a shit footballer the state he's in right now.