Antoshka
08-06-2009, 01:09 PM
so the practice paid for the grass

Yohan
08-06-2009, 01:11 PM
ah, the novelty

mastermixer
08-06-2009, 01:15 PM
people are just too bored in this city! nothing better to do than watch players stretch for two hours.

RedWookie
08-06-2009, 01:16 PM
blundel show was giving away tickets all week and last

Jay P
08-06-2009, 01:16 PM
$15 is better than $125

what else is there to do tonight in Toronto for $15?

TFC Tifoso
08-06-2009, 01:17 PM
16000 people need to find a job......

TFC07
08-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Just 16,000? I am surprised there are some tickets left.

Phil
08-06-2009, 01:21 PM
16000 people need to find a job......

I would guess they have jobs and are getting out for the evening.

Personally I would rather watch the game then a practice but the price appears to be right.

maninb
08-06-2009, 01:23 PM

Where ya been man? Real Madrid agreed to pay for the grass out of their fee....it's a pure CASH GRAB by MLSE....plain & simple....

Jay P
08-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Where ya been man? Real Madrid agreed to pay for the grass out of their fee....it's a pure CASH GRAB by MLSE....plain & simple....

16,000 tickets @ $15
+ consessions
less expenses

not exactly a cash grab.

Limani_Ole
08-06-2009, 01:30 PM
MLSE have shown their true colours after they decided to charge season ticket holders 100+ for tickets to this farse of a game..

now they are squeezing little kids out of cash to watch the practice..

way too go.. they are probably giving each other high fives in the office as we speak..

what scum

Limani_Ole
08-06-2009, 01:34 PM
16,000 tickets @ $15
+ consessions
less expenses

not exactly a cash grab.

ahh 250,000 dollars.. do you know how to use the calculator feature on your computer?

TFC~Vatreni
08-06-2009, 01:34 PM
This is actually better value than the game fellas. I've boycotted the game for all the known reasons but I'll be at the practice tonight because it's actually a good deal.

Jay P
08-06-2009, 01:35 PM
ahh 250,000 dollars.. do you know how to use the calculator feature on your computer?

no i don't i can barely type on this ceybard

Jay P
08-06-2009, 01:40 PM
MLSE have shown their true colours after they decided to charge season ticket holders 100+ for tickets to this farse of a game..

now they are squeezing little kids out of cash to watch the practice..

way too go.. they are probably giving each other high fives in the office as we speak..

what scum

yeah screw them for all the Raptors open practices, and the free leaf preseason game last year they deserve butter.

ilikemusic
08-06-2009, 01:40 PM
There are going to be 16,000 pissed off people once they get there and realize what they have paid for.

Mikey
08-06-2009, 01:41 PM
It would have made a great little event for the players charity fundraising....

Jay P
08-06-2009, 01:42 PM
There are going to be 16,000 pissed off people once they get there and realize what they have paid for.

practice? we talking about practice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

brad
08-06-2009, 01:45 PM
I watched a Celtic open practice a few years back, it was pretty fun. They did a basic warm up, then split sides and did a scrimmage for an hour.

This is a PR event first and foremost, I'll be surprised if they are just doing drills tonight.

DOMIN8R
08-06-2009, 01:47 PM
http://www.agmates.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/flogging-a-dead-horse-300.jpg

Limani_Ole
08-06-2009, 01:47 PM
yeah screw them for all the Raptors open practices, and the free leaf preseason game last year they deserve butter.

who cares about raptors or the leafs? how does that tie into TFC?

im starting to think these boards are getting infiltrated by MLSE company gimps..

Nodoubtguy
08-06-2009, 01:48 PM
I watched a Celtic open practice a few years back, it was pretty fun. They did a basic warm up, then split sides and did a scrimmage for an hour.

This is a PR event first and foremost, I'll be surprised if they are just doing drills tonight.

I watched Chelsea practice at Stamford Bridge....was really neat beacuse the whole crowd consisted of me and a class trip from Germany

Jay P
08-06-2009, 01:48 PM

im starting to think these boards are getting infiltrated by MLSE company gimps..

are you Kingpin in disguise?

Limani_Ole
08-06-2009, 01:50 PM
are you Kingpin in disguise?

are you stupid?

Mods Edit: posts like this will NOT be tolerated...Warning for the entire board!

brad
08-06-2009, 01:50 PM
I watched Chelsea practice at Stamford Bridge....was really neat beacuse the whole crowd consisted of me and a class trip from Germany

The one I watched was in Seattle, at Qwest field, and it was free :)

torfchamilton
08-06-2009, 01:52 PM
This is good value for me, $10x6 people. My wife, 4 boys and I have gone to 99% of every game since day 1. There was no way to I was paying $900 at the loyalty price for us. This is a better compromise for my boys to see Real up close. Whatever we get out of is irrelevant for me. I think my boys will be happy.

Unfortunately we don't have the stadium like Seattle. They have 67000 seat and I think they have 24000 season ticket holders. So they had 43000 tickets available for sale for the game. As season ticket holders would we have been happy if they charged us $120 and up more per season ticket.

Boris
08-06-2009, 01:55 PM

and trolls like you...keep it up.

fdasilva
08-06-2009, 01:57 PM
http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobheadername1=Content-disposition&blobheadervalue1=attachment%3B+filename%3DLlegada_ a_Toronto.jpg&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1202895641473&ssbinary=true

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobheadername1=Content-disposition&blobheadervalue1=attachment%3B+filename%3DLlegada_ a_Toronto.jpg&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1202895642429&ssbinary=true

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobheadername1=Content-disposition&blobheadervalue1=attachment%3B+filename%3DLlegada_ a_Toronto.jpg&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1202895643717&ssbinary=true

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobheadername1=Content-disposition&blobheadervalue1=attachment%3B+filename%3DLlegada_ a_Toronto.jpg&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1202895643091&ssbinary=true

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobheadername1=Content-disposition&blobheadervalue1=attachment%3B+filename%3DLlegada_ a_Toronto.jpg&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1202895642539&ssbinary=true

They flew on Air Canada... 200 fans were at the airport.

Shaughno
08-06-2009, 01:59 PM
:rofl: What's funny... is I could fit right in with them today. I wore the exact same outfit to work. Black top, black pants.. just forgot my silver belt. :rofl:

rocktml
08-06-2009, 02:02 PM
boo!!!!!!

Antoshka
08-06-2009, 02:02 PM

haha really?
ive been submerged in school work. woooooooooooooow.

ilikemusic
08-06-2009, 02:05 PM
This board has become repetitive and boring

http://www.agmates.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/flogging-a-dead-horse-300.jpg

Repetition?

On the internet?!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c200/ilikemusicmore/colbert.gif

FluSH
08-06-2009, 02:06 PM
THANK GOD!

Even though we can't play... at least ML$E knows how to make money... let's just hope some of this goes towards something useful... like hmmm... a DP.... or hmmm some real grass.... or better yet... The Beer Guy selling booze back in 112!

Dunkers
08-06-2009, 02:07 PM

This makes no sense...We paid RM to come to Toronto, do you not think they would have incorporated their expenses into their asking price? If Real was playing in a stadium with real grass, you can bet the farm the fee would be at least 250,000 less, so really WE are paying to have the grass, albeit indirectly.

Saying that RM is paying for the grass is MLSE's way of avoiding a backlash from the fans, plain and simple, and it appears to be working...

Phil
08-06-2009, 02:11 PM
This makes no sense...We paid RM to come to Toronto, do you not think they would have incorporated their expenses into their asking price? If Real was playing in a stadium with real grass, you can bet the farm the fee would be at least 250,000 less, so really WE are paying to have the grass, albeit indirectly.

Saying that RM is paying for the grass is MLSE's way of avoiding a backlash from the fans, plain and simple, and it appears to be working...

Without doubt we are paying for it indirectly.

I think the backlash was avoided when the game sold out though. The rest is just semantics at this point.

billyfly
08-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Crap..I should have gone to the airport to get my Dad a sig.

billyfly
08-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Shinzon - you going to practice?

giambac
08-06-2009, 02:18 PM
I got 8 seats for practice tonight. The weird thing is I didn't pay a cent for them. there are or at least was freebies being given out.......

The 16k are not all paid for so it isn't all reveneue for MLSE.

also the money coming in isn't for the grass although the numbers seem to indicate (16k at $15=$240k) approx cost of the grass. The grass is actually being donated by a company as a promotional gig.

AL-MO
08-06-2009, 02:20 PM
TBH - I was going to get a single just so I could take my SLR down and take some pictures, but I have other plans tonight anyway.

fdasilva
08-06-2009, 02:21 PM
no unfortunately not :(

billyfly
08-06-2009, 02:22 PM
Where u actually at the airport? Gonna try and get a Sporting Ronaldo pic signed for my Dad.

Jamaicanadian
08-06-2009, 02:23 PM
I'll be there with my whole family plus my daughters squad and their families.
Couldn't afford the game tix so this will be great for me.....My kids should get a chance to see some of the guys they see on TV and the wife will get to see where I disappear to whenever I get the opportunity!!! I'm looking forward to it!

trane
08-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Fuck them.

billyfly
08-06-2009, 02:24 PM
^LOL.

Jamaicanadian
08-06-2009, 02:25 PM
^^^ha ha ha ha ha

Limani_Ole
08-06-2009, 02:28 PM
I got 8 seats for practice tonight. The weird thing is I didn't pay a cent for them. there are or at least was freebies being given out.......

The 16k are not all paid for so it isn't all reveneue for MLSE.

also the money coming in isn't for the grass although the numbers seem to indicate (16k at $15=$240k) approx cost of the grass. The grass is actually being donated by a company as a promotional gig.

do you have a source re: donation?

Chevy
08-06-2009, 02:29 PM

It seems like anything that has a price tag applied to it is considered a "CASH GRAB" by MLSE.

This is simply an event that (for a fee) consumers may choose to pay for.
The buyer of the ticket recieves value in return for their purchase. Yes, profit will be made, but IT IS NOT A CASH GRAB!!

You're not being forced to pay this fee attend, so if you don't like it just shut up.

mdc 77
08-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Just 16,000? I am surprised there are some tickets left.

Considering there is still tickets left for the match this isn't that surprising.

fdasilva
08-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Fuck them.

no matter what your opinion of them, at least acknowledge the fact that THIS amount of talent has landed in the most unlikeliest of places to face a team that couldn't beat a USL team.

@ billy, i got these from the RM website.

Limani_Ole
08-06-2009, 02:34 PM
It seems like anything that has a price tag applied to it is considered a "CASH GRAB" by MLSE.

The buyer of the ticket recieves value in return for their purchase. Yes, profit will be made, but IT IS NOT A CASH GRAB!!

You're not being forced to pay this fee attend, so if you don't like it just shut up.

Well the people buying the tickets cannot afford to watch the game which at least has some entertainment value.. these tickets are a cash grab because you are charging people for "nothing" more then watching them pass the ball around..
which all other teams in the world would do for free..

so yes it is a cash grab..

Belfast_Boy
08-06-2009, 02:36 PM
For the record I'm not bored and I do have a job.

I can't afford to pay $300+ to watch Ronaldo and Kaka play for 20 minutes. even if they play the whole game it's not worth it.

MLSE cash grab? maybe, big deal, they've got my $26.00
I'm taking my son and the look on his little face when I pick him up tonight will be priceless. it's a surprise. he's going to BMO field, that's where TFC plays and he loves them. Plus he's going to see a few of the best ballers in the world tonight. sounds like a great deal to me.

it's easy to have a knee jerk reaction and spew a snide remark on these boards. but if you look at the posts here you'll see families being able to see these football greats. things like this have an impact on the lives of those little ones.

MartinUtd
08-06-2009, 02:37 PM

Real actually paid for the grass.

So says the folks on the hardcore footy podcast anyway

mmmikey
no way was i going to pay what they wanted for the RM match, especially given how much i wish TFC wasn't playing in these things.

but at the same time, for 10 dollars (the cost of a movie theater ticket) i can watch one of the biggest and most talented teams in the world practice. im really interested to see what/how they practice and hoping to get a real sense for their technical ability with the ball. hell.. i hate real madrid! but im still excited to see the players in a setting where their talent can really show through.

that and a chance to chill with friends at BMO on a beautiful summer night near the waterfront? why not?

Chevy
TO LIMANI ^^ if you don't think that watching some of the best players in the world from 20 feet away is worth $15 you need your head examined.

Plus you have a CHOICE to pay your fifteen bucks.

mmmikey
08-06-2009, 02:38 PM
I'm taking my son and the look on his little face when I pick him up tonight will be priceless. it's a surprise. he's going to BMO field, that's where TFC plays and he loves them. Plus he's going to see a few of the best ballers in the world tonight. sounds like a great deal to me.

can't wait to do stuff like this. :P

crap, kevvv don't send that to my wife!

Jamaicanadian
08-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Well the people buying the tickets cannot afford to watch the game which at least has some entertainment value.. these tickets are a cash grab because you are charging people for "nothing" more then watching them pass the ball around..
which all other teams in the world would do for free..

so yes it is a cash grab..

I think that one could argue that a real (<-no pun intended) practise session may have more entertainment value than a pre-season friendly......

entertainment will be determined by those being entertained..............

Shep
08-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Fuck them.

No way! I like gurlz.

Gazza_55
08-06-2009, 02:43 PM

plus concessions + merchandise

more like $450,000

Limani_Ole
08-06-2009, 02:43 PM
TO LIMANI ^^ if you don't think that watching some of the best players in the world from 20 feet away is worth $15 you need your head examined.

Plus you have a CHOICE to pay your fifteen bucks.

I think people like Mark67 should be able to take the kids to watch RM train for free.. like everywhere else in the world..

why should toronto be any different?

Boris
08-06-2009, 02:45 PM
I think people like Mark67 should be able to take the kids to watch RM train for free.. like everywhere else in the world..

why should toronto be any different?

wow...youre totally missing the point of his posts....
again - dont shit on people who are seeing this as a family experience.

giambac
08-06-2009, 02:46 PM

Amen to that

giambac
08-06-2009, 02:48 PM
For the record I'm not bored and I do have a job.

I can't afford to pay $300+ to watch Ronaldo and Kaka play for 20 minutes. even if they play the whole game it's not worth it.

MLSE cash grab? maybe, big deal, they've got my $26.00

it's easy to have a knee jerk reaction and spew a snide remark on these boards. but if you look at the posts here you'll see families being able to see these football greats. things like this have an impact on the lives of those little ones.

thats what it is all abouut.

i hope you and your son enjoy the agme.

i'm sure 10-20 years down the raod your son will be talking about how you brought him to BMO field to say world class players.

good for you and enjoy the practice.

Lennon
08-06-2009, 02:51 PM
Wow that's insane ... never really understood why anyone would want to sit and watch a practice :S

Dave67
08-06-2009, 02:52 PM
FWIW I still remember my Dad taking me to see Pele play when I was a kid. Kids do remember this stuff. Have fun tonight.

mighty_torontofc_2008
08-06-2009, 02:53 PM

and theres nothing wrong with that..football it a business...and it keeps TFC operating...if grass is to be a real option at BMO next season or 2011
then MLSE need to find money to finance it..

Belfast_Boy
08-06-2009, 02:54 PM
if it was free it would be crazy down there.
let them have the money, life is too short to worry about this shit. If i was MLSE i'd do the same thing. they aren't a charity, this is a business.

do you guys remember what it was like not to have football here? now we have Madrid practicing and playing a friendly. We have a team we can love and hate and be frustrated by right here in T.O.

Chill boys and girls. just enjoy it!

billygrieveuk
08-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Are we going to do this every year?

I remember in 2004 there were 2 games played
at skydome. I went to the liverpool match, and was
so "soccer" starved, i even considered seeing the
Roma vs those cheatin bastards celtic!

i have no complaints about this game and practice.
whatever floats your boat.

trane
08-06-2009, 02:56 PM
^ No you like Celtic.

Belfast_Boy
08-06-2009, 02:57 PM
FWIW I still remember my Dad taking me to see Pele play when I was a kid. Kids do remember this stuff. Have fun tonight.

same here bro! NY Cosmos?

rocker
now they are squeezing little kids out of cash

oooohh, the poor babies. What if they can't afford it? Will they not be able to see Ronaldo for once in their lives? shame! ;)

If a kid can't get pops to give him $15 to see the practice, that family has more important things to worry about... like putting food on the table.

i'm glad MLSE can make money off soccer... cuz they seem to be the first to ever do this on a consistent basis in Canada. That's a good sign for the health of the sport.

Wagner
Int'l football forum??

I believe the gameball is enroute with Purolater, should that have it's own thread too??

billygrieveuk
08-06-2009, 02:58 PM
we have a team of our own now.
these games will happen every summer.

Personally, im more interested in the DC game thn this.
it means something. plus ive seen real madrid play,
in the champions league final in glasgow.
(i paid $250 for one ticket....roberto carlos to Zidane for the winner,priceless!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DFNtByPFHs

flambe
08-06-2009, 02:59 PM
Glad to see Xabi came too!

Shaughno
08-06-2009, 02:59 PM
No way! I like gurlz.

^ No you like Celtic.

^^ Yeah, he likes girls. ;) :lol:

trane
08-06-2009, 03:00 PM
no matter what your opinion of them, at least acknowledge the fact that THIS amount of talent has landed in the most unlikeliest of places to face a team that couldn't beat a USL team.

@ billy, i got these from the RM website.

How does that help our club? At best it will tire out our players in a meanigless game, in the midle of a season, in which we just lost an important game, and in which we are still in the play off hunt.

Limani_Ole
08-06-2009, 03:01 PM
wow...youre totally missing the point of his posts....
again - dont shit on people who are seeing this as a family experience.

you missed the point..
Im not shitting on anyone except the idea of charging kids to watch a open practice.. that is what I wrote..

its a practice.. the teams do it anyway.. its not as if MLSE has to organize anything but security.. which im sure doesnt cost 240k

trane
08-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Int'l football forum??

I believe the gameball is enroute with Purolater, should that have it's own thread too??

AMEN. EXACTLY MY POINT.

Belfast_Boy
Glad to see Xabi came too!

Xabi is going to be there???? Jesus!!! I'm going to freak out never mind the kid! He might of left LFC but I still love him for scoring the third against Milan in 05 Champions League!

Boris
you missed the point..
Im not shitting on anyone except the idea of charging kids to watch a open practice.. that is what I wrote..

its a practice.. the teams do it anyway.. its not as if MLSE has to organize anything but security.. which im sure doesnt cost 240k

again not int he mood to argue with you as you wont listen to reason or anything else.

just keep on the topic at hand and once you give your negative views just let it be, dont keep going at it with worthless words...former users did that and that lead them to getting banned

trane
^^ Yeah, he likes girls. ;) :lol:

Nice.

fdasilva
08-06-2009, 03:10 PM
How does that help our club? At best it will tire out our players in a meanigless game, in the midle of a season, in which we just lost an important game, and in which we are still in the play off hunt.

Players won't play full game, so they wont get extra tired + this is the last game (I think) before a long break + profit + grass + some recognition in the world of football, especially to all of Real haters that would love to see someone injured.

Belfast_Boy
08-06-2009, 03:16 PM
this is good for us, football, TFC and MLSE.

we get to see more football. Football in Toronto gets a boost and perhaps more interest. TFC might get grass quicker. MLSE makes a shit load of money.

the timing sucks, should be pre or post season to avoid injuries at a difficult time in our season. but if we want these big clubs then it has to be in their off season. which as you all know is now. they are the dog and we are the tail, the tail never gets to wag the dog.

if we grow and do well as an organization. get grass and a nice bigger stadium (where I can finally get seasons fucking tickets). then we won't need Madrid or any others to come. but right now MLSE can profit from it and so can we.

Darlofletch
08-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Yikes, the promotional scarf is ugly.

thisisinternetclash
08-06-2009, 03:36 PM
I'm not sure I understand the issue, here.
Fair enough there are many legitimate objections with the match itself, but surely $15 is great value to watch Real Madrid up close for a couple hours.

TicTacTabarnack
08-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Yikes, the promotional scarf is ugly.

Ugly Indeed!

http://a1253.g.akamai.net/f/1253/1122/1d/graphics.sdm3.com/MapleLeaf//uploads//TorontoFC/Madrid%20scarf%202.JPG

mighty_torontofc_2008
08-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Ugly Indeed!

http://a1253.g.akamai.net/f/1253/1122/1d/graphics.sdm3.com/MapleLeaf//uploads//TorontoFC/Madrid%20scarf%202.JPG

but will sell...a great collectors item

Chevy
08-06-2009, 03:50 PM
The one I picked up at the Addidas store is a little nicer. In general, most "two club" scarves aren't the best looking items.

TicTacTabarnack
08-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Will Jet Lag be an issue for these guys? They just arrived and they're -6 hours right now. They'll definitely be tired at practice which starts at 1am their time.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-06-2009, 03:53 PM
I paid $100Euros to see Portugal play England at euro 2004! A quarter final to boot!
(RONALDO...FIGO....DECO...ROOONEY...OWEN...BECKHAM ..GERRARD...ECTECECT!)

The prices they have set for the SSH is a F'in FARCE!!!

Enjoy the game!

Don Julio
08-06-2009, 03:55 PM
What I'm interested in is everyone's opinions on whether this is a worthwhile event, and whether it is fairly priced.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-06-2009, 04:01 PM
What I'm interested in is everyone's opinions on whether this is a worthwhile event, and whether it is fairly priced.

Defintly a great event..NO DOUBT!....but fairly priced to the SSH??..who put there hard earned money week in and week out at BMO field...and the road woarriors..who shell out thousands on top to travel aND support the boys on the road!!!

Hell NO!

This game should of been played at the DOME....16000 ssh free entry..and the rest of the ones who have never even been to a tfc game could of forked out the $150....everyone's happy in the end!

Thats how seattle were able to anti up for the SSH...and i believe this is whats happening in DC?

In the end..its up to the person going....I have nothing agaisnt the ones who want to go...the ones who have never experience top flight football players it will be a treat for you all! Trust me!

Enjoy the game

Detroit_TFC
08-06-2009, 04:06 PM
^ Word. Seattle FO handled it the right way and still made a ton on money. Other than watching their team get destroyed by FCB, I'm sure Sounders SSH are happy people - not one but two top notch friendlies.

Mshob
08-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Hey eveyrone...

just thought id let you guys know i got my pre-game article with the squad list for Real Madrid.....
Feel free to visit and see for your self....
http://tfc.american-soccer-news.com/?p=500

v00d00daddy
08-06-2009, 04:32 PM
I paid $100Euros to see Portugal play England at euro 2004! A quarter final to boot!

Enjoy the game!

How much did it cost you to fly to Portugal and find accomodations?

Real is coming to our backyard and playing against our team.

That's why it's worth it for me....a SSH since day one and guy who's been on a couple of away road trips.

Worth it for some, not worth it for others......I'm very much looking forward to the game and I will enjoy it.

H Bomb
08-06-2009, 04:36 PM

Its difficult to break it down so simply....the idea of having Real Madrid play in Toronto is great. Everything else about the event has been dealt with poorly or is just poor. And of course its not fairly prices. Fuck supply and demand no sporting event/concert/fireworks display is worth the coin they are asking. Greedy capitalists!!

prizby
08-06-2009, 05:33 PM
i wish i could go, i'd bring a sign saying

"WELCOME CRISTINA RONALDIVE"

Corpand
08-06-2009, 05:48 PM
For whoever saw Real play their pre-season match in Sevilla's stadium a week or two back, you guys saw the ridiculous state of the pitch. The grass was beautiful but was laid in just a day or two before, causing it to rip up and really piss off the players. They covered it in sand to try and keep it down and the game ended up being a 90-min beach soccer match.
Watching Brennan's interview, where he says it hasnt really taken root, why couldnt they put it in earlier in the week? Lets just hope no injuries occur due to our first yet short-lived grass pitch.

MG42
08-06-2009, 05:51 PM
hmmm...grass doesn't settle, RM refuse to let star players play, fans get 10% off voucher for foot locker as compensation :lol:

rocker
08-06-2009, 06:04 PM
^ Word. Seattle FO handled it the right way and still made a ton on money. Other than watching their team get destroyed by FCB, I'm sure Sounders SSH are happy people - not one but two top notch friendlies.

lucky for them they have a massive stadium and could allow the non-Sounder fans to subsidize the Sounders SSH.

It's not like the Sounders Front Office gave a "gift" to their fans. They knew all along regular business practices would cover it and make a profit.

it's too bad this game wasn't at Skydome, so the non-TFC fan could subsidize us. But looking at the sked, the Blue Jays had games during the windows of opportunity.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-06-2009, 06:11 PM
How much did it cost you to fly to Portugal and find accomodations?

Real is coming to our backyard and playing against our team.

That's why it's worth it for me....a SSH since day one and guy who's been on a couple of away road trips.

Worth it for some, not worth it for others......I'm very much looking forward to the game and I will enjoy it.

my views are stated in the post above...like i said before for those who are going...good on ya you'll enjoy watching a great team!...this entire thing could of been organzied alot better for the ones who make this team and spend there $$$ week in and week out! 16000 ssh! BUt ML$E obviously dosent look at it that way!

v00d00daddy
08-06-2009, 06:25 PM
my views are stated in the post above...like i said before for those who are going...good on ya you'll enjoy watching a great team!...this entire thing could of been organzied alot better for the ones who make this team and spend there $$$ week in and week out! 16000 ssh! BUt ML$E obviously dosent look at it that way!

see...for a minute there I thought I might be able to agree with you about lack of organization and then you went and said this:

"the ones who make this team"

I'm going to assume that you're talking about you, me and the rest of the supporters of this team. If you are then I have to take exception to this statement. "we" don't make this team. "we" are a part of the experience...no more, no less. I think you and I have a little different view on what our impact is and how much we are entitled to. You might be patting yourself on the back a little too much.

gtaguy
08-06-2009, 07:18 PM
I myself can't afford to go and pay 140 dollars a ticket to go watch a friendly. Find it very wrong that we would have to fork more dough to watch this friendly considering that our seasons tickets (depends on where your seated) could be a third or a quarter of the seasons ticket price.
We also have rpb,nee , usector that all were on the idea of passing on this game to kinda get the point across to our club owners what they did was very wrong .. :picard:
Seattles two friendlies was a spectacular show of "green" throughout the stadium in support of their club..
Im kinda wondering what the fan support is going to be in fridays match

Sea of Red or White.. Your thoughts..

flatpicker
08-06-2009, 07:20 PM
my thoughts are in one of the many threads that this post could have been in!

;)

pubboy
08-06-2009, 07:21 PM
not sure, and not too bothered to be honest. Anyone going, i hope you have a great time. Complete waste of time and effort in my view.

Shep
08-06-2009, 07:22 PM
I just ate a mozza burger from A&W, it was 10 types of delicious.

RedWookie
08-06-2009, 07:22 PM
I wouldn't say "sea" of red but I think our colour will be noticeable tomorrow by the people who want to see the stars and consider this to be a once in a lifetime thing.

pubboy
08-06-2009, 07:23 PM
no supporters, no team.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-06-2009, 07:24 PM
no supporters, no team.

:hump:

pubboy
08-06-2009, 07:26 PM
I wouldn't say "sea" of red but I think our colour will be noticeable tomorrow by the people who want to see the stars and consider this to be a once in a lifetime thing.

I would agree with you if it was a competitive game. I've been lucky enough to see some of the top teams in the world play, and have also seen a boat load of similar friendlies. I guess it really appeals to the autograph / celebrity hunters, as i dont think the football will be half what some are expecting unfortunately.

James Oliphant
08-06-2009, 07:27 PM
I just ate a mozza burger from A&W, it was 10 types of delicious.

Their onion rings are legendary.

gtaguy
08-06-2009, 07:27 PM
I was thinking of letting my seats go but a friend at work begged me to get them for him . Hes a pork chop (portuguese) so im not to sure where his support would be for..

this is joga
08-06-2009, 07:30 PM

if this game was organized better - what does that mean?

maybe having it played at the skydome, this way MLSE could've sold more seats for more affordable prices.. although if the game was played at the skydome, then people would be complaining that the game was played at that concert monstrosity on front street... seems like no matter what MLSE does for soccer in this city some of you are always gonna be unhappy - unless your European club is playing.

i take my hat off to MLSE for putting such an event together in our great city... and for keeping this game at BMO, a soccer specific venue. so please STOP your moaning and be proud that one of the most celebrated clubs in the world are playing our little MLS club, in our city.

flatpicker
08-06-2009, 07:30 PM
Their onion rings are legendary.

mmmmmm.......

onion rings are great!

but I can only eat 2 or 3... after that I start to feel a little nauseous.

Chevy
08-06-2009, 07:32 PM
lucky for them they have a massive stadium and could allow the non-Sounder fans to subsidize the Sounders SSH.

It's not like the Sounders Front Office gave a "gift" to their fans. They knew all along regular business practices would cover it and make a profit.

it's too bad this game wasn't at Skydome, so the non-TFC fan could subsidize us. But looking at the sked, the Blue Jays had games during the windows of opportunity.

Agreed. The thing here is that if the game was held at Skydome, you would have the same group of people bitching that the game should have been held at "our house" and that MLSE (or rather ML$E) was catering to the casual fan and is only concerned about $$$

Can't win either way. :picard:

FluSH
08-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Former Canadian international defender Jason deVos will call the game alongside Luke Wileman

THANK GOD!

Baggio2TFC
08-06-2009, 07:36 PM
I agree. I will be cheering on our TFC but at the same time I will be watching 2,3,4 or 5 of the greatest players to ever grace the soccer pitch...not to mention ours. Seeing Ronaldo and Kaka playing against DeRo and Dichio is priceless. Hey, you never know...they may play eachother in a meaningful game one day(FIFA Club WC) but probably not in our house. So enjoy this moment in TFC history.

As you can see, I am a TFC fan as well as a Juve fan. Seeing TFC beat RM would be priceless as Juve has had thier # this year. Wishfull thinking I know but wouldn't it be great!!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-06-2009, 07:40 PM
I agree. I will be cheering on our TFC but at the same time I will be watching 2,3,4 or 5 of the greatest players to ever grace the soccer pitch...not to mention ours. Seeing Ronaldo and Kaka playing against DeRo and Dichio is priceless. Hey, you never know...they may play eachother in a meaningful game one day(FIFA Club WC) but probably not in our house. So enjoy this moment in TFC history.

As you can see, I am a TFC fan as well as a Juve fan. Seeing TFC beat RM would be priceless as Juve has had thier # this year. Wishfull thinking I know but wouldn't it be great!!

NO that would make me more confused!!! We beat RM....and couldnt beat PR!:rolleyes:

gtaguy
08-06-2009, 07:43 PM
Agreed. The thing here is that if the game was held at Skydome, you would have the same group of people bitching that the game should have been held at "our house" and that MLSE (or rather ML$E) was catering to the casual fan and is only concerned about $$$

Can't win either way. :picard:

too true.. maybe just maybe as we grow as a supporter group and a club. we can eventually think of the rogers center (skydome) as the alternative to bmo while the stadium is being grown to fit more souls into it..
I would not have had an issue with this idea. more power to the club for bringin in more profits.. Us as supporters know that even though its a black eye the way the MLSE did it. Had they been more upfront with the idea i might have agreed to it myself.. But as a supporter it was a true slap in the face for them coming out so bluntly and stating thier intentions after the fact. They could have filled Rogers center without a problem.. I hope whoever goes to tomorrows match enjoys themselves..
for 140 buck i have 2 pizzas coming and a keg of beer waiting at home and to top it off GOL TV HD ...

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-06-2009, 08:20 PM
REAL MADRID PRACTICE is coming up on GOL TV at 10:00pm EST

DOMIN8R
08-06-2009, 08:24 PM
I was thinking of letting my seats go but a friend at work begged me to get them for him . Hes a pork chop (portuguese) so im not to sure where his support would be for..

Effen offensive, pal.

canadian_bhoy
08-06-2009, 08:39 PM

Nope - not at all. It's a practice...why would I want to pay for that?

I don't understand why people use the term "fairly priced".

Fairly priced compared to what? According to other posters, the Barca and Chelsea practices were free. So is $15 fairly priced? Nope - it's a rip off.

Same goes with season tickets. People say that the price hike this season was ok because the tickets were "so resonable". Reasonable compared to what? This isn't the EPL we're watching here! Reasonable to raise ticket prices after two gong show terrible seasons.

If people want to say "cheap" then that's fine. $15 is cheap, but personally, I'd rather watch a live event with one of the other Toronto sports teams (jays etc.) for $15, rather than watch these guys practice for 45 mins. YAWN.

Once they juiced the fans for this friendly, everything associated with it became tainted.

The fans of this club will not soon forget this event....

mighty_torontofc_2008
08-06-2009, 08:47 PM
BMO is our home and not the rogers Center...Rogers should never be used for a TFC match ever...if we ever get into the champions league and have to play in FEB/Mar
just take the bubble down and play at BMO...I;'ll be there!!

denime
08-06-2009, 08:50 PM
Fairly priced where Real Madrid Jerseys today.
Youth $65 ,Adult $90.
If you want name and number only Ronaldo and Kaka where available and it cost $50.

However,from what i heard, tomorrow pricing will be slightly different Youth $90 , Adult $160.

MLSE purchased the whole shipment for Canada and no one will be able to have Real Madrid yerseys before October.

Can't blame them I would do the same if I have the resorces as they have,and since we live in capitalism that's the way it goes.

Suck it up boys and wait for August 15th.:scarf:

this is joga
08-06-2009, 08:51 PM

i'm sure you would pay $15 to watch Celtic practice at BMO

giambac
08-06-2009, 08:56 PM
if it was free it would be crazy down there.
let them have the money, life is too short to worry about this shit. If i was MLSE i'd do the same thing. they aren't a charity, this is a business.

do you guys remember what it was like not to have football here? now we have Madrid practicing and playing a friendly. We have a team we can love and hate and be frustrated by right here in T.O.

Chill boys and girls. just enjoy it!

I mlike your perspective on this game. People need to chill out. 3years ago we had no soccer in this city. Now wehave the best team coming to town and certain people are complaining.:facepalm::facepalm:

Antoshka
08-06-2009, 08:57 PM
soooo the training session was a complete fucking waste of time and money. they came out to do a shadow game for like half and hour and left... they didnt even walk to their bus the bus was inside the building. no autographs no nothing. for the best seat available that i bought as a season ticket holder i was placed AT THE VERY LAST fucking row! im furious!

giambac
08-06-2009, 09:01 PM

Trane, this match will not tire out our team.

Our team with the overweight players (i.e Gerba) were tired along time ago. No more excuses for this team please. Their lack of success has nothing to do with playing friendlies.

I coach a boys rep team and we phave played in several tournaments besides our league matches. Many of the tournamnets were at the beginning of the season. all the extra games we played have helped our boys to be in the top 2 teams out of 12 teams in our league. Playing more games against better competition makes your own team better.

denime
08-06-2009, 09:02 PM
BMO was full with youth soccer teams and it was really nice to see kids excitement.
If nothing else kids had a blast for the rest of us, wake the fu*k up what did you except for $15 a lap dance from Kaka and Ronaldo?:facepalm:

rocker
08-06-2009, 09:03 PM
practice is being shown on GolTV right now

giambac
08-06-2009, 09:03 PM

Enjoy the game!

yeah but owen, beckham, ronney are rejects. I would'nt pay 10 Euro's to watch them play.

They don't compare to the likes of Ronaldo, Kaka and company.

Chevy
08-06-2009, 09:05 PM
BMO was full with youth soccer teams and it was really nice to see kids excitement.
If nothing else kids had a blast for the rest of us, wake the fu*k up what did you except for $15 a lap dance from Kaka and Ronaldo?:facepalm:

Kaka, never. Ronaldo on the other hand....

billyfly
08-06-2009, 09:08 PM
I saw enough hooch to make my 15$ worth it.:hump:

Stryker
08-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Watching the practice on GolTV now.
The grass looks so soft and spongy. It's beautiful.
*tears up

billyfly
08-06-2009, 09:12 PM
I gave Mo hell when I saw him in the parking lot. He knows he want the grass.

Blizzard
08-06-2009, 09:14 PM
Watching the practice on GolTV now.
The grass looks so soft and spongy. It's beautiful.
*tears up

It's too soft and spongy. Hopefully it will firm up a little bit for the match or guys will be pulling hamstrings.

billyfly
08-06-2009, 09:14 PM
BTW - judging from practice today - freakin' Robben is GOOD.

pubboy
08-06-2009, 09:16 PM
This is why football wont fail here in Toronto. 17,000 to watch a fucking practice. yeah, i know it's RM, but come on. If it was my UK based team, i would go along if it were free. No way would i pay to see them practice. Good for the kids i suppose to see a superstar or two.

Antoshka
08-06-2009, 09:16 PM
BTW - judging from practice today - freakin' Robben is GOOD.
but then again, hes always been GOOD.

billyfly
08-06-2009, 09:17 PM
I know but I have never really seen him in person. Seen a few Holland games but it was evident today for sure.

Rudi
08-06-2009, 09:30 PM
They could have filled Rogers center without a problem..
They could have, if the Jays weren't playing tomorrow. You know the Jays, the team that owns the building? As if they would just leave for TFC, let alone on two months notice.

I swear some people think life is like a video game where thing like logistics don't even exist.

Jay P
08-06-2009, 09:31 PM
ran into amado and family, marco velez, sam cronin, jimmy b @ the practice. the grass looked awful in person.

Jay P
08-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Fairly priced where Real Madrid Jerseys today.
Youth $65 ,Adult $90.
If you want name and number only Ronaldo and Kaka where available and it cost $50.

However,from what i heard, tomorrow pricing will be slightly different Youth $90 , Adult $160.

MLSE purchased the whole shipment for Canada and no one will be able to have Real Madrid yerseys before October.

Can't blame them I would do the same if I have the resorces as they have,and since we live in capitalism that's the way it goes.

Suck it up boys and wait for August 15th.:scarf:

if you want a real jersey let me know, i work for adidas/reebok and get them for $50.

Dirk Diggler
08-06-2009, 09:36 PM

I don't understand why people use the term "fairly priced".

Fairly priced compared to what? According to other posters, the Barca and Chelsea practices were free. So is $15 fairly priced? Nope - it's a rip off.

Same goes with season tickets. People say that the price hike this season was ok because the tickets were "so resonable". Reasonable compared to what? This isn't the EPL we're watching here! Reasonable to raise ticket prices after two gong show terrible seasons.

If people want to say "cheap" then that's fine. $15 is cheap, but personally, I'd rather watch a live event with one of the other Toronto sports teams (jays etc.) for $15, rather than watch these guys practice for 45 mins. YAWN.

Once they juiced the fans for this friendly, everything associated with it became tainted.

The fans of this club will not soon forget this event....

Completely agree. $15 isn't a ridiculous cost by any stretch of imagination but the mere fact that we are getting charged at all is a bit offensive. I hate to bring up the Sounders but as you pointed out, they did not charge anything. The fact that their friendlies were included in the season tickets can be explained by the capacity of their stadium but that factor is more or less irrelevant when talking about practice sessions.

rocker
08-06-2009, 09:40 PM
Completely agree. $15 isn't a ridiculous cost by any stretch of imagination but the mere fact that we are getting charged at all is a bit offensive.

why is it offensive? did you really want to go but felt unwilling to pay $15?

i'm not offended by something i didn't want in the first place.

I find people get offended wayyyyyyyyyyyy too easily.

PSB
08-06-2009, 09:42 PM

Enjoy the game!

Ditto. 95 Euros to sit on the centre line three rows up at the Nou Camp for the 5th last game of the La Liga season a few years ago. Messi, Eto, Deco etc. Add the flight from London and its not much more than a seat in 123 for this practice game.

bertal
08-06-2009, 09:50 PM
$15 is better than $125

what else is there to do tonight in Toronto for $15?

i wouldn't know

Dirk Diggler
08-06-2009, 09:50 PM
why is it offensive? did you really want to go but felt unwilling to pay $15?

i'm not offended by something i didn't want in the first place.

I find people get offended wayyyyyyyyyyyy too easily.

I was not going to go either way. However, it is offensive because it shows that MLSE realized how there will be demand for it and that they should not let this opportunity slip in order to finanancially exploit the fans once more. I realize that such behavior is to be expected from multi million dollar corporations but I hold sports teams to different standards than a mere business.

billyfly
08-06-2009, 10:30 PM
Crowds were crazy, scary and stupid. I also got on CTV when they were doing the live feed.

Pigfynn
08-06-2009, 10:32 PM
Here's a thought....

Fuck Madrid! and fuck all those Madrid loving wannabes I just saw on the news. I'm sure they were all born and raised around that team...in Madrid or even Spain...or even Europe...no, most were born here with their parents born somewhere in Europe and them clamoring in front of the cameras professing their love of Real Madrid all the while standing in front of THEIR city's club's ground.

Sad.

and before you all have a go about how the MLS is shit and what should I expect? because Real Madrid is such a massive club and blah, blah, blah let me just say this...

it's easy to support the Real Madrids and New York Yankees of this world. If you love this sport...I mean really love this sport, then your local club should have your heart and your voice..not some club you get to watch highlights of on fox sports world and brag to your buddies "we killed Real Betis today!"

Get over to BMO... support YOUR team! Man up!

just my true feelings on this circus side show.

billyfly
08-06-2009, 10:36 PM
^ I just wanted Ronaldo to sign a pic of himself when he played at Sporting (for my Dad.)

I don't give a shit about RM.

BTW - I got to yell at Gareth Wheeler.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-06-2009, 10:39 PM
yeah but owen, beckham, ronney are rejects. I would'nt pay 10 Euro's to watch them play.

They don't compare to the likes of Ronaldo, Kaka and company.

didnt i mention ronaldo in my original post...???:picard:

foooookin tool!

Pigfynn
08-06-2009, 10:40 PM
^^not trying to shit on anyone here...atleast I don't think I am...

It just made me sick watching footage of BMO tonight with thousands of try hards showing up for the first time to BMO.

Whatever though, Real Madrid is such a good team that was assembled thru great scouting and will succeed thru great tactical ability...not massive amounts of money the club does not have to fullfill some presidents wet dream :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

billyfly
08-06-2009, 10:43 PM
I also got to chat(I knew her as a kid since our Dads grew up together) with Melissa Grelo from CityTV.

As pretty as I remember her and as she is on TV. (Don't tell my wife)

Jay P
08-06-2009, 10:46 PM
anyone see global news tonight @ 11.

they interviewed this lady who said "I'm greek, so its good to see ronaldo play, he was huge in euro" or something to that extent..... WTF hahahahahhaha

billyfly
08-06-2009, 10:47 PM

they interviewed this lady who said "I'm greek, so its good to see ronaldo play, he was huge in euro" or something to that extent..... WTF hahahahahhaha

Saw that. She said "...since the euro". Just like a Greek to bring up Euro 04.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-06-2009, 10:48 PM

she must feel sorry for him or something ...after Greece beat Portugal twice at euro2004!:D

Pigfynn
08-06-2009, 10:48 PM

Exactly! WTF is that?!?!

What a complete joke. People just don't even care how stupid they sound anymore do they?

GET A LIFE!

billyfly
08-06-2009, 10:49 PM
she must feel sorry for him or something ...after Greece beat Portugal twice at euro2004!:D

I don't know what you are talking about. Never happened.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-06-2009, 10:58 PM
the amount of tickets that are being sold all over the internet is unreal!! and at FACE value! So many people figured that would cash in on this!!! Problem...the tickets were way over priced as it was! Making it hard to re sell!

People without tickets that are still wanting to go should show up at bmo field!!! Many tickets will be for sale below face value!

Inklink
08-06-2009, 10:59 PM

I saw City TV news at 11's coverage.

That jackass is talking about the player's looks more than the freaking game itself.:facepalm:

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-06-2009, 11:04 PM
I don't know what you are talking about. Never happened.

yea it did....i was there..:D

you must have selective memory..;)

Just like i dont remember portugal beating England in PK's! :)

billyfly
08-06-2009, 11:08 PM
yea it did....i was there..:D

you must have selective memory..;)

Just like i dont remember portugal beating England in PK's! :)

It was a sad, sad day for me. The wounds will never heal.

Inklink
08-06-2009, 11:16 PM
Was practice really that full?

A7Wk6BazhNY

There's a few videos on Youtube BTW...

Other videos don't show it that full. Maybe one side was.

Lets do some scouting...
3Di-OJlKauY

ERrr... TFC! TFC!

billyfly
08-06-2009, 11:18 PM
Lots of empty seats. Lots of "talent" on display as well all trying to catch Ronaldo's eye.

billyfly
08-06-2009, 11:24 PM
Did anyone notice Huntelar there tonight? I think he's sold to Milan.

Inklink
08-06-2009, 11:27 PM
Did anyone notice Huntelar there tonight? I think he's sold to Milan.

He did.
http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/1202777594942/noticia/ComunicadoOficial/OFFICIAL_ANNOUNCEMENT_2009-08-06.htm

CretanBull
08-06-2009, 11:36 PM
The Real Madrid practice is on GolTV :facepalm:

King Tut
08-07-2009, 03:53 AM
^ I just wanted Ronaldo to sign a pic of himself when he played at Sporting (for my Dad.)

Good luck. Real Madrid has some about 4 police cruisers escorting them all over the city and Ronaldo is in hiding most of the time (compared to the rest of the team). They shut down the street, as they left the airport and shut down the street by the Sheraton, as they were leaving to BMO for the practice. They are getting some serious royal treatment. The only people I`ve seen who managed to get his autograph or a picture were the airport employees. And the security at the Sheraton is un-fucking-believable.

BRed
08-07-2009, 04:09 AM
Guys this is like EA FIFA but in real life...enjoy it :)

Pookie
08-07-2009, 07:16 AM
I'll admit I am interested in this game tonight. Not to see "stars" but to see how our young guys play against them.

I liken it to NHL training game with young guys trying to make the team.

Oldtimer
08-07-2009, 07:26 AM
the amount of tickets that are being sold all over the internet is unreal!! and at FACE value! So many people figured that would cash in on this!!! Problem...the tickets were way over priced as it was! Making it hard to re sell!

People without tickets that are still wanting to go should show up at bmo field!!! Many tickets will be for sale below face value!

The scalpers deserve what difficulties they get.
I'd rather our club makes the money than some scalper.

Oldtimer
08-07-2009, 07:29 AM
I fear that this will be the first ever match at BMO where the majority will be cheering against TFC, not that this match means anything.

GBV
08-07-2009, 07:33 AM
I also got to chat(I knew her as a kid since our Dads grew up together) with Melissa Grelo from CityTV.

As pretty as I remember her and as she is on TV. (Don't tell my wife)

easy on the eyes, but not on the ears.

bertal
08-07-2009, 07:43 AM
Lots of empty seats. Lots of "talent" on display as well all trying to catch Ronaldo's eye.

yeah, i saw some in the newspaper this morning. some lady wrote "Take it off C. Ronaldo #9" over her abdomen.

flatpicker
08-07-2009, 07:45 AM
seeing those video clips of the RM practice is surreal!

how inferior must Toronto players feel when they see that many people out to watch a practice by the visiting team!

I know, it's RM... it's just weird is all...

Nuvinho
08-07-2009, 07:48 AM
seeing those video clips of the RM practice is surreal!

how inferior must Toronto players feel when they see that many people out to watch a practice by the visiting team!

I know, it's RM... it's just weird is all...

wasn't that one of the TFC players who ran on the field to hug Guti? Was it Velez?

giambac
08-07-2009, 07:57 AM
Was practice really that full?

A7Wk6BazhNY

There's a few videos on Youtube BTW...

Other videos don't show it that full. Maybe one side was.

Lets do some scouting...
3Di-OJlKauY

ERrr... TFC! TFC!

Practice was alot fuller than when TFC played PR at home.

Where were all you true die hard fanns who satopped showing up for matches. half the games I go to know have empty seats. 25 minute sinto the game and the stadium is only 60% full.

I mean a practice with RM draws more people.

Pyeddo
08-07-2009, 08:07 AM
I think the weirdest part is having our local news stations actually cover something related to TFC, and with some form of enthusiasm.... Too bad its all directed @ RM tho

Chevy
08-07-2009, 08:11 AM
Just curious - did anyone have trouble getting to and from BMO last night or finding parking?

I recieved an email about limited parking and road closures so I thought I would ask.

BigRed
08-07-2009, 08:19 AM
According to Marca, (http://www.marca.com/multimedia/primeras/09/08/0807.html) this will be Madrid's starting line-up. Madrid's coach also said Alonso may play in this match

------------Casillas------------
Torres--Pepe--Albiol--Arbeloa
-Lass-
Kaka-------Granero
Ronaldo---------------Raul
Benzema

I don't know how to feel about this. They're not fielding their reserve squad that's for sure.

Chevy
08-07-2009, 08:26 AM
This lineup will play bewtween 45-60 minutes. Maybe Alonso will get a run with Kaka and Ronaldo to start the second half before the "subs" come on.

(funny I call them subs when any of them would be DP's in our league)

Belfast_Boy
08-07-2009, 08:28 AM
the practice was interesting. think Ronaldo took a bit of a dive, guess he even practices that!
my son loved it and was impressed with the control and skill they had.
I enjoyed it for the same reason and also because of the crowd! probably the highest concentration of hot females that I've ever seen in my life.
lots of Madrid and United shirts, even saw one confused Barca fan.... not sure why he was there.
TFC was also well represented. We wore red and accessorized with some sexy argyle RPB's scarfs!

English Rachel
08-07-2009, 08:32 AM
Practice was packed last night. Man, there was some fine specimens out there ;)

Excited for tonight

FluSH
08-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Practice was alot fuller than when TFC played PR at home.

Where were all you true die hard fanns who satopped showing up for matches. half the games I go to know have empty seats. 25 minute sinto the game and the stadium is only 60% full.

I mean a practice with RM draws more people.

Do you honestly think they read these boards... Have you read the makeup of people that showed up for the practice???? You need to save your breath here. Head down to Little Portugal and yell via a megaphone to get your answer...

Flipityflu
08-07-2009, 08:44 AM
^lol^

i hope Alonso gets some playing time. still a little sad he left Liverpool

nascarguy
08-07-2009, 09:15 AM
^lol^

i hope Alonso gets some playing time. still a little sad he left Liverpool
not me that player was a pain in the ass allaways getting carded for doing dumd things

billyfly
08-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Practice was packed last night. Man, there was some fine specimens out there ;)

Excited for tonight

I saw you running in late to BMO high heels and all.

billyfly
08-07-2009, 09:21 AM
Do you honestly think they read these boards... Have you read the makeup of people that showed up for the practice???? You need to save your breath here. Head down to Little Portugal and yell via a megaphone to get your answer...

I agree with this statement.

English Rachel
08-07-2009, 10:07 AM
I saw you running in late to BMO high heels and all.

My friend left his ticket at the bar so I had to run up to the BO and then get another printed and sprint back to my seat - in 4inch heels because they wouldn't let me go home after work to change!!! terrible.

So embarrassed :( lol

billyfly
08-07-2009, 10:10 AM
You looked as ravishing as ever Rachel. I'm sure CR9 and the rest of the lovelies noticed you.

English Rachel
08-07-2009, 10:12 AM
I made it on the Jumbatron as I was row 2 :) no-one saw though, only me lol

And thanks for the compliment!

rocker
08-07-2009, 10:12 AM
(funny I call them subs when any of them would be DP's in our league)

ya it's crazy.. their subs would come together as the best team in MLS by far.

I was reading about how Huntelaar left RM and couldn't help but think a guy RM didn't need/want would be the best player in MLS by leaps and bounds.

Belfast_Boy
08-07-2009, 10:13 AM
My friend left his ticket at the bar so I had to run up to the BO and then get another printed and sprint back to my seat - in 4inch heels because they wouldn't let me go home after work to change!!! terrible.

So embarrassed :( lol

those stairs are a bitch in heels.... sometimes I wonder why i wear em...

Ageroo
08-07-2009, 10:37 AM
Any RM fans can head to the CN Tower right now....ran into Casillas, Pepe & Torres on their way over there just strolling down Front Street.....Casillas is a lot smaller than I thought.....

robert32
08-07-2009, 10:39 AM
How much security around them??? doubt you 'ran' into them

billyfly
08-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Any RM fans can head to the CN Tower right now....ran into Casillas, Pepe & Torres on their way over there just strolling down Front Street.....Casillas is a lot smaller than I thought.....

You be careful. Pepe has been known to kick people from behind.

Ageroo
08-07-2009, 10:43 AM
You be careful. Pepe has been known to kick people from behind.

haha...I was so tempted to tell him he was a cheap ass bastard.......what a tool. They looked so lost walking down front street. Stuck out like a sore thumb in their RM gear....but really unmolested by anyone. But than again...this is Canada.

Ageroo
08-07-2009, 10:44 AM

Not a sole was around them. They were literally walking right next to me down Front Street....their training staff or coaches were with them. Looked like complete tourists.

billyfly
08-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Dang. I wish I was DT. Stuck At work in Brampton. No one ever comes here.

Ageroo
08-07-2009, 10:46 AM
As I was out on my "smoke break"....after they walked by my buddy and I noticed they were headed to the CN tower......so we strolled in and they were just buying tickets and such to go up the tower. I saw one kid who actually recognized who they were...Other than that, no one had a clue. I could have literally walked up and kicked them in the nuts if I was a nut kicking guy...:)

robert32
08-07-2009, 10:47 AM
Wow, thats pretty cool. Get any autographs??

billyfly
08-07-2009, 10:48 AM
They are prob gonna meet up with Calderon.

Ageroo
08-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Wow, thats pretty cool. Get any autographs??

I literally was out having a smoke and recognized their team gear......no pen, no nothing.....As I work downtown I see a lot of people who just walk by....I really hate bothering people when they are just trying to be tourists......

maninb
08-07-2009, 10:51 AM

That's the great thing about Toronto, people, even most celebs feel incredibly safe here...I ran into Richard Branson(one of the richest guys in the world) last year at Harborfront, and he was by himself...

Ageroo
However....the camera man who was...I assume with the team....had one of the hottest blondes I have ever seen with him. I should have asked her for her autograph. She was a 20 out of 10.

robert32
That's the great thing about Toronto, people, even most celebs feel incredibly safe here...I ran into Richard Branson(one of the richest guys in the world) last year at Harborfront, and he was by himself...

I also ran into him last year in Yorkville.

Nestease
08-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Was at the practice last night. Probably my worst experience at BMO. The crowd was made up of annoying underage Portuguese girls in bootyshorts who won't shutup the entire time about how "hot" Ronaldo is and how he "needs to marry me". Things I noticed:

Majority of people were new. I got asked directions tons of times.
Hardly anyone was in TFC gear.
Everyone was wearing new Ronaldo jerseys.
There were stampedes last night at the end of the game. People would be waiting at one set of doors waiting for the players to come out, then one person would run to another and they'd all run and push anything in their way. It was like a backstreet boys concert.
Parking was awesome.
Majority of TFC players were there. I got to meet a few outside the gates who went unnoticed by the noob crowd. They were so awesome and didn't mind taking a picture and signing.

billyfly
08-07-2009, 11:04 AM
^ Good summary. That's pretty much what I saw as well.

Chevy
08-07-2009, 11:09 AM
Was at the practice last night. Probably my worst experience at BMO. The crowd was made up of annoying underage Portuguese girls in bootyshorts who won't shutup the entire time about how "hot" Ronaldo is and how he "needs to marry me". Things I noticed:

Majority of people were new. I got asked directions tons of times.
Hardly anyone was in TFC gear.
Everyone was wearing new Ronaldo jerseys.
There were stampedes last night at the end of the game. People would be waiting at one set of doors waiting for the players to come out, then one person would run to another and they'd all run and push anything in their way. It was like a backstreet boys concert.
Parking was awesome.
Majority of TFC players were there. I got to meet a few outside the gates who went unnoticed by the noob crowd. They were so awesome and didn't mind taking a picture and signing.

Lots of parking? I heard that it was going to be terrible.

billyfly
08-07-2009, 11:12 AM
Last night was ok. Tonight sounds like it will be terrible.

prizby
08-07-2009, 11:13 AM
will streamers be allowed tonight

will flags be allowed

will signs be allowed?

Jay P
08-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Lots of parking? I heard that it was going to be terrible.

not @ lamport, it was great!

Red Rat
08-07-2009, 11:28 AM
will streamers be allowed tonight

will flags be allowed

will signs be allowed?

Only if they read " I love you Ronaldo "

prizby
08-07-2009, 11:30 AM

I was thinking

Welcome To Toronto:

Cristina Ronaldive

or

How Long It Takes CR9 To Dive: 30 seconds

How Long It Takes CR9 To Cry: 2 minutes

Watching TFC Beat Real Madrid: PRICELESS

tlear
08-07-2009, 11:33 AM
It will be a fun game for the young TFC players, especially the Gambian guys. Being 19 getting signed by a club then playing (even a friendly..) vs Real Madrid. Crazy!

Red Rat
08-07-2009, 11:34 AM
I was thinking

Welcome To Toronto:

Cristina Ronaldive

or

How Long It Takes CR9 To Dive: 30 seconds

How Long It Takes CR9 To Cry: 2 minutes

Watching TFC Beat Real Madrid: PRICELESS

The first is a good one!

giambac
08-07-2009, 12:14 PM

I'm just stating a fact. when I go to the games and bring my buddies I always tell them that the games are sold out. yet when you look in the satnds there is at least 3-4k seats empty every game and people always coming 15-20 minutes late. Why is that? we have the best supporters? Is that support?

Phil
08-07-2009, 12:20 PM
I'm just stating a fact. when I go to the games and bring my buddies I always tell them that the games are sold out. yet when you look in the satnds there is at least 3-4k seats empty every game and people always coming 15-20 minutes late. Why is that? we have the best supporters? Is that support?

Maybe they are in the beer garden? :D

Batman
08-07-2009, 12:28 PM

I cant disagree with this. We have great supporters... but we don't have 20,000 great supporters.

Maybe we have 2000 great supporters, about 10,000 normal fans, and about 8000 corporate seat holders. That's probably somewhere near the makeup of our ticket holders.

prizby
08-07-2009, 01:06 PM
I want to hear a "BARCA" chant started tonight!!!

Belfast_Boy
08-07-2009, 01:07 PM
The strangest thing just happened to me. I was walking up Yonge street at lunch and right there coming towards me was Ronaldo. He was completely alone. Unfortunately about that time a bunch of teenage girls saw him and started to scream! my ears are still ringing!
he started to run across the street and just as he crossed the line he went down. did a few rolls and immediately started looking for the ref.

prizby
08-07-2009, 01:07 PM
I cant disagree with this. We have great supporters... but we don't have 20,000 great supporters.

Maybe we have 2000 great supporters, about 10,000 normal fans, and about 8000 corporate seat holders. That's probably somewhere near the makeup of our ticket holders.

i disagree, i think we have maybe 500 great supporters (those that sing 90 minutes)

prizby
08-07-2009, 01:08 PM
LOL Mark67

trane
08-07-2009, 01:08 PM

EXACTAMUNDO

this is joga
08-07-2009, 01:41 PM
i disagree, i think we have maybe 500 great supporters (those that sing 90 minutes)

so in other words - you're only a great supporter if you go through all of the TFC chants in the first 10 mins of the game? here's some advice (take it or leave it) watch the beautiful game and chant accordingly to what is happening on the pitch... who knows, you might enjoy the game more!

sorry to tell you this, we have a lot more than 2000 "great" supporters.. i do agree that some season ticket holders do come to the field a little (or a lot) late - it is Toronto after all, all of our major sporting teams have this problem.

.. and as for 8000 corporate fans. this number is way off IMO. i don't even think the mighty leafs have that much corporate followers... i hate to say this over and over (and over) again. stop your moaning and bitching, support the club the way you see fit - and if someone else decides to do differently, thats their prerogative.. who are you to tell them how to be a "great" supporter?

IMO please don't follow the club if you feel differently.

this is joga
08-07-2009, 01:43 PM
I want to hear a "BARCA" chant started tonight!!!

i have a novel idea.. how about a TFC chant?

Flipityflu
08-07-2009, 01:55 PM
The strangest thing just happened to me. I was walking up Yonge street at lunch and right there coming towards me was Ronaldo. He was completely alone. Unfortunately about that time a bunch of teenage girls saw him and started to scream! my ears are still ringing!
he started to run across the street and just as he crossed the line he went down. did a few rolls and immediately started looking for the ref.

thanks for the afternoon laugh :)

BFin
08-07-2009, 02:01 PM
Just saw Ronaldo...but I passed by him to shake Tom Henke's hand instead.
LETS GO BLUE JAYS!!!
lol

GBV
08-07-2009, 02:02 PM
yeah, i saw some in the newspaper this morning. some lady wrote "Take it off C. Ronaldo #9" over her abdomen.

the star has a zoom-in of the belly. the sun's pic is zoomed out and has more detail in the caption. the "lady" is 15 years old.

this is joga
08-07-2009, 02:06 PM
for anyone that thinks having RM play TFC is not helping TFC get on the world soccer map. check this out http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/Home.htm#

i can't think of any other time TFC would be main news on their site..

Ageroo
08-07-2009, 02:07 PM
Today has been a good day....ran into some Madrid players....and then just out for my afternoon smoke on Front Street again....and along strolls Ali Gerba......Asked him if he is playing tonight and with a big grin on his face says yes......I love this city! :)

Belfast_Boy
08-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Today has been a good day....ran into some Madrid players....and then just out for my afternoon smoke on Front Street again....and along strolls Ali Gerba......Asked him if he is playing tonight and with a big grin on his face says yes......I love this city! :)

where the hell do you work? and are they hiring?

Ageroo
08-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Whoever thinks he is fat.....is dreaming. Dude was ripped!

Ageroo
08-07-2009, 02:13 PM
where the hell do you work? and are they hiring?

haha....I see all kinds of people. The convention centre is accross the street, CBC, etc...Everyone walks down front street.

Bobo
08-07-2009, 02:17 PM
So is anyone who didn't buy tickets still heading to the stadium? I Phones have wireless connection so could be fun if people bring laptops. :D

Ivan
08-07-2009, 02:29 PM
According to Marca, (http://www.marca.com/multimedia/primeras/09/08/0807.html) this will be Madrid's starting line-up. Madrid's coach also said Alonso may play in this match

------------Casillas------------
Torres--Pepe--Albiol--Arbeloa
-Lass-
Kaka-------Granero
Ronaldo---------------Raul
Benzema

I don't know how to feel about this. They're not fielding their reserve squad that's for sure.

Hoping to see Sneijder at some point. Robben too.

billyfly
08-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Robben rocked at the practice.

PSB
08-07-2009, 02:52 PM

How insulting. Therefore you are only a great fan if you sing the whole game? Grow up. From my angle it seems that one or two of the red patch and U sector barley watch the game cause they are to busy jumping around. All those 'capos' that stand with their back to the game ? I like the supporters sections esp for atmosphere but don't diss the rest of us who choose to watch the game our way or can't jump up and down because of the sections we are in. We still go all the time.

Belfast_Boy
08-07-2009, 02:53 PM
Hoping to see Sneijder at some point. Robben too.

can you imagine standing on the pitch facing those guys? Jesus! I bet most of TFC would give their right nut to play in this game. meaningless friendly? maybe. our boys are going to have a day that they'll remember forever.

GBV
08-07-2009, 02:56 PM
betting line from pinnacle:

Toronto FC +1.5 and +2 +121
Real Madrid -1.5 and -2 -142

Over 3 and 3.5 -139
Under 3 and 3.5 +119

the greek:
Real Madrid -2 -115
O/U 3.5 under -111

prizby
08-07-2009, 02:56 PM
How insulting. Therefore you are only a great fan if you sing the whole game? Grow up. From my angle it seems that one or two of the red patch and U sector barley watch the game cause they are to busy jumping around. All those 'capos' that stand with their back to the game ? I like the supporters sections esp for atmosphere but don't diss the rest of us who choose to watch the game our way or can't jump up and down because of the sections we are in. We still go all the time.

insulting or not, we get labelled the best fans CUZ WE MAKE THE MOST NOISE...this is a label, I don't think any TFC fan wants to lose

TorCanSoc
08-07-2009, 03:01 PM

RM pay for the grass? First I've heard that. And I'm doubtful about the truth of it.

TorCanSoc
08-07-2009, 03:11 PM
Jeeziz. 30,000 on hand for his introduction?

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/1202776266931/noticia/Especiales/Karim_Benzema_fulfills_a_childhood_dream.htm

billyfly
08-07-2009, 03:24 PM
BMO Field's temporary sod turf won't be trashed after today's game against Real Madrid.
Toronto FC spent around $250,000 for the single-use installation.
Today the team announced the real grass will be donated to re-sod soccer pitches at Keele St. Junior Public School, Harbord Collegiate Institute and Morrish Public School.
“A considerable investment was made to install a natural grass surface for this single friendly event,” stated Paul Beirne, Toronto FC's senior director of business operations.
“By donating the sod to three deserving schools, Toronto FC leaves a lasting legacy for the next generation."
Beirne heralded Toronto District School Board trustee Shaun Chen for helping secure the donation.
Toronto FC players will visit one the schools this fall to officially open the re-topped fields.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2009/08/07/10391451.html

billyfly
08-07-2009, 03:25 PM
That's my old High School (Harbord) and my kids current school. MLSE does have a heart.

Don Julio
08-07-2009, 03:28 PM
BMO Field's temporary sod turf won't be trashed after today's game against Real Madrid.
Today the team announced the real grass will be donated to re-sod soccer pitches at Keele St. Junior Public School, Harbord Collegiate Institute and Morrish Public School.
“A considerable investment was made to install a natural grass surface for this single friendly event,” stated Paul Beirne, Toronto FC's senior director of business operations.
“By donating the sod to three deserving schools, Toronto FC leaves a lasting legacy for the next generation."
Beirne heralded Toronto District School Board trustee Shaun Chen for helping secure the donation.
Toronto FC players will visit one the schools this fall to officially open the re-topped fields.

Fucking assholes more worried about some kids education than the success of our own team! When will ML$E smarten the fuck up!

English Rachel
08-07-2009, 03:29 PM

Awww lovely <3<3<3<3<3

PSB
08-07-2009, 03:31 PM
insulting or not, we get labelled the best fans CUZ WE MAKE THE MOST NOISE...this is a label, I don't think any TFC fan wants to lose

I'm happy for you.

RedWookie
08-07-2009, 03:33 PM
I think a lot of the players are just happy to play a team with a different style, which is nice. And like you said mark, there are a few players who were giddy last night when they saw Madrid show up :)