PDA

View Full Version : Onward! - Death by lack of Dichio

Ben Knight
08-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Pretty straight-forward case, if you ask me.

http://onwardsoccer.com/2009/08/05/death-by-lack-of-dichio/

trane
08-05-2009, 11:30 AM
^ Agree 100%. I wanted to see the combo after the first half at the game at BMO, and certainly by the second game in PR, when we did not even do in the second half of the second game, I was very disapointed.

MG42
08-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Ben, are you going to the airport to greet Real Madrid?

Ben Knight
08-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Those backwater provincial Spaniards clogging up TFC's playoff-or-bust fixture list?

No. I am not.

SilverSamurai
08-05-2009, 11:48 AM
I have to agree with this.

ensco
08-05-2009, 11:49 AM
I had a thread on this last night, but it got merged somewhere, I guess.

BuSaPuNk
08-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Compleletely agree with you Ben!! Dichio was talked about how he can get the balls into Gerba as soon as Gerba signed here. They havn't had enough time together....Dichio should be starting the majority of games from here on in. Barrett needs to see the bench.

Section 117
08-05-2009, 03:29 PM
IMO there has to be a desicion being made either above Cummins not to play Danny or he is an idiot....

He is our best striker and most dangerous forward and he rides the pine??? Explain how an over weight Gerba and Barret can play the majority of the games and Danny sits...

As I said earlier in this post either Cummins is a one of the kids on the short bus and lacks the common sense to play our best player or Mo is calling the shots from upstairs

mighty_torontofc_2008
08-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Maybe Cummins knows Dichio cant put in 90 mins anymore..the best he can offer is 15-20? Mo is not likely to be calling the shots from upstairs, as he could just fire CC
and take the job if he wanted it..Lets face it Dichio is done at the end of the season,
and the club should be looking at combos for a playoff run or for next season. Give Danny a run out against Real Madrid for what he has done for the club...but for regular games play guys that can give 90 mins./

Ben Knight
08-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Dichio has had consecutive 90-minute performances already this season. He was fine.

Blizzard
08-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Dichio has had consecutive 90-minute performances already this season. He was fine.

Yup. The only reason I can see for holding Dichio back until the final 30 is to try and get his less than nimble pins on against a tiring defence.

I too want to see Dichio and Gerba on the field together. Perhaps Cummins will take a chance and give them 45 as a tandem on Friday night.

Hitcho
08-05-2009, 06:07 PM

agreed. and there's been no talk of injury from inside the club either.

Dichio's absence is a mystery. even if CC is trying to build for next season without him, he must still know that to save his job he need to make the play offs. I'm not saying play him every game, but there are times when he should definitely have been started on brought on earlier in my book.

TFC USA
08-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Dichio who?

That must be TFC management.

The Kingpin
08-06-2009, 12:15 AM
Ben, are you going to the airport to greet Real Madrid?

I can't believe everyone isn't going. It's going to be amazing! Like someone showed, a club from Toronto hasn't played Real Madrid since 1961! I'm converted, this is going to be a massive sporting spectacle. All those who don't go will be bitterly disappointed.