PDA

View Full Version : Sign in front of NE Supporters Sections

CoachGT
08-05-2009, 10:32 AM
Took a picture of this last weekend - thought it might be an idea here in TO

http://photos-b-0.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs189.snc1/6333_127697408063_710058063_3224169_7204136_n.jpg

ochos
08-05-2009, 10:38 AM
If anybody ever suggests no profanity in the bunker at BMO, suits or supporters, they should be shot immediately...

CoachGT
08-05-2009, 10:40 AM
I don't think I've ever heard anything inappropriate at a football match from the south end. I assumed that meant spending the game talking work on your cell phone..... ;)

olegunnar
08-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Judging by the crowd as we walked in, I wasn't sure if I was going to a sporting event or a Jonas Brothers concert.

I would bet the amount of adults there that did not bring at least one kid would be about 10% of the attendance.

Parkdale
08-05-2009, 10:47 AM
obviously the 'no profanity' thing is the call of the people at that stadium,
but beyond that, the idea of having signs is a very good one.

at least that way it would keep first timers from being too shocked.

TFC Cityboy
08-05-2009, 10:48 AM
they have plenty of room to move them to at Gilette Stadium. Not the case at BMO

CoachGT
08-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Judging by the crowd as we walked in, I wasn't sure if I was going to a sporting event or a Jonas Brothers concert.

I would bet the amount of adults there that did not bring at least one kid would be about 10% of the attendance.

But that is what they sell to - soccer moms and families. Not quite the same in the Fort. Their supporters groups have a similar makeup and similar passions to ours.

ochos
08-05-2009, 11:07 AM
^^Exactly, my worry is if we put up signs, they'll be white-washed, ML$E style...

Oldtimer
08-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Heheh, just try encouraging "no profanity" at BMO. :lol:

I think that people should use some sense and limit profanity to PG13 level, that's sufficient to express outrage (which every football fan feels at least once in a while).

The idea of warning about a SS is a good one.

egoodwin
08-05-2009, 12:30 PM

I knew something wasn't right with their crowd when the only kiosk serving guiness had only 5 people in line at halftime

CoachGT
08-05-2009, 12:37 PM
obviously the 'no profanity' thing is the call of the people at that stadium,
but beyond that, the idea of having signs is a very good one.

at least that way it would keep first timers from being too shocked.

Apparently, the "no profanity" thing is something that MLS (or US Soccer or somebody else) is trying to push at many US stadiums, not just in New England. And it now goes even beyond that, because many USL clubs have similar rules.

Petor
08-05-2009, 01:47 PM
“Profanity is the common crutch of the conversational cripple.”

David Keuck

ilikemusic
08-05-2009, 01:49 PM
The inherent problem is the 'alternate seating section'.

One doesnt exist at BMO.

Petor
08-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Hmmm, I'm sure there is the opposite situation as well, people who would like to be in the supporters section but aren't.

CoachGT
08-05-2009, 02:02 PM
The inherent problem is the 'alternate seating section'.

One doesnt exist at BMO.

Maybe not, but simply warning people that it is a supporters section and that people will be standing, singing, chanting, bearing flags and banners might stop some of the whining of the casuals in the area. It might also support our position with a few of the security folks in the less known sections......

king dave
08-05-2009, 02:19 PM
“Profanity is the common crutch of the conversational cripple.”

David Keuck

And some more of Mr. Keucks sayings,

He says: “When you are angry, count to four. But when very angry, swear.”
He also says: “There ought to be a room in every house to swear in. It is dangerous to have to repress an emotion like that … under certain circumstances, urgent circumstance, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.”
And, finally: “Let us swear while we may, for in Heaven it will not be allowed.”
And don't forget this famous quote,
"If I can't swear? I ain't goin' there!", KD.
KD.

JonO
08-05-2009, 02:27 PM

Kids at a sporting event? Surely you jest! :rolleyes:

king dave
08-05-2009, 02:36 PM
I don't have kids so I will keep my views on that to myself.
But, unless you live under a rock somewhere you must admit kids today are a lot more savy/exposed/hip, ya-da, ya-da, ya-da, then when I was a kid.
I think I would like to live under a rock:D.
KD.

gtaguy
08-05-2009, 02:41 PM
If your in the supporters section and you hear somebody screaming profanity problem is YOU AIN'T SCREAMING LOUD ENOUGH YOURSELF.....

olegunnar
08-05-2009, 02:50 PM

Way to cherry pick :hump:
Hope your kids don't need help with their english homework

My point was and is, there were very few NE fans that were adults without kids.

There were no Couples without kids, there were no groups of late teens early 20 somethings (male or female) having a saturday night out at the game, no groups of 30 something guys having a guys night out away from the wife and kids. there were no seniors/old people out for a date.

All of the above I see at sporting events, and none of which I'd expect to see at disney on ice or a kids concert.

The Kingpin
08-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Swearing is awesome at sporting events... It's my time to vent.

JonO
08-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Way to cherry pick :hump:
Hope your kids don't need help with their english homework

Hope your kids don't need help with their's. Next time you want to make a point make it, don't infer it....

Section 117
08-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Apparently, the "no profanity" thing is something that MLS (or US Soccer or somebody else) is trying to push at many US stadiums, not just in New England. And it now goes even beyond that, because many USL clubs have similar rules.

I was in Columbus on July 25 and at half time one of their security guards (Steve - really nice guy) came over and said no more "F Bombs" the cops were itching to throw people out especially us

I had a conversation with him and they told me that they have starting throwing out fans in their supporter sections who are consitently swearing..

Petor
08-05-2009, 04:25 PM
And some more of Mr. Keucks sayings,

He says: “When you are angry, count to four. But when very angry, swear.”
He also says: “There ought to be a room in every house to swear in. It is dangerous to have to repress an emotion like that … under certain circumstances, urgent circumstance, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.”
And, finally: “Let us swear while we may, for in Heaven it will not be allowed.”
And don't forget this famous quote,
"If I can't swear? I ain't goin' there!", KD.
KD.

Ouch! One more of Mr. Keuck's...
“When a man uses profanity to support an argument, it indicates that either the man or the argument is weak - probably both”

But on the flip side....
“All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity.”

Gordie Howe

I guess we have all played hockey of some sort or another. :)

CoachGT
08-05-2009, 06:26 PM
I was in Columbus on July 25 and at half time one of their security guards (Steve - really nice guy) came over and said no more "F Bombs" the cops were itching to throw people out especially us

I had a conversation with him and they told me that they have starting throwing out fans in their supporter sections who are consitently swearing..

There were similar comments in Charleston, where it is now a violation of state law to swear in public.

morgank1986
08-05-2009, 10:36 PM
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn132/morgank1986/WarningBanner2.jpg

This was discussed last year in the forums. Last year this was the idea for a sticker or a sign.

james
08-05-2009, 11:45 PM
i read an article about a study done at a university that showed swearring from time to time can actually be good for a persons health!! :drinking::scarf: