Red CB Toronto
08-05-2009, 12:29 AM
REAL MADRID AT TORONTO FC
August 7th, 2009
BMO FIELD
7:30 PM
GOLTV

http://i1.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/56/53/2e7f_35.JPG

With the powerhouse boys from Santiago Bernabeau making their way to town face a Toronto based squad for the first time since 1961, the Reds will be looking knockoff them off. Kaka will be making his debut for RM and Cristiano will be looking all pretty for the ladies. I know there is a mig disinterest among the supporters, but those who are lets discuss here. I am looking for Coach Cummins to once again go with a youthful lineup and give some of the reserves some action.

TFC Suggested Lineup:

--------------Edwards---------------

Wynne--Attakora--Gomez--Serioux

Sanyang-------Cronin------DeRosario

---------Dichio-----Vitti------------

--------------Gerba----------------

Note: I could see something with White and Gala in the starting 11 if Cummins really want to go with down the youth route.

Nuvinho
08-05-2009, 09:33 AM
I have a feeling that OUR FIRST TEAM PLAYERS will play some of the game........here is what will happen tomorrow during the pre-game scum:

CC - "some of the senior boys have asked me to play tomorrow, as they want to get the game on Tuesday out of their system".

That seems to be the standard response when it comes to friendlies.

Some of the players will say - 'Its a wonderful opportunity to be on the same field as these world class players"

You will see most of our starters playing some sort of minutes. I don't think Serioux and Frei will play, but mostly everyone else.

ensco
08-05-2009, 09:39 AM
Starters will all play the first half, or more. Players want to take the pitch against these guys - it's exciting for them.

People are paying big bucks for this. Plus, it's the biggest broadcast in the history of GolTV.

There's too much investment in this game for TFC to sit guys.

Bet on it.

Nuvinho
08-05-2009, 09:41 AM
Starters will play the first half, or more. Too much investment in this game. It's the biggest broadcast in the history of GolTV.

Bet on it.

yip

Just watch out for Pepe, he stomps on people.

ensco
08-05-2009, 09:11 PM
Alonso is coming

Ramos, Huntelaar, van Nistelroy are not

http://www.abc.es/20090805/deportes-futbol/alonso-viaja-toronto-huntelaar-200908052208.html

TFC07
08-05-2009, 09:17 PM
I am so excited to watch this game. Hopefully TFC actually puts up a good fight.

mclaren
08-05-2009, 09:46 PM
I wonder what the atmosphere will be like

ForestGlade
08-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Is GolTV actually broadcasting the game? Or are they just punking the feed from ESPNHD and interlaying their graphics?

Rudi
08-05-2009, 10:36 PM
Is GolTV actually broadcasting the game? Or are they just punking the feed from ESPNHD and interlaying their graphics?
It's actually the other way around.

S_D
08-05-2009, 10:38 PM
as long as nobody gets injured this game will be a success in my books.

Davenport
08-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Yawn........ to the whole thing.

thisisinternetclash
08-05-2009, 10:58 PM
I actually wouldn't be so quick to discount the possibility that the players DO want to play in this match. At the risk of sounding unfaithful to the cause, I certainly would want to.

Also, the demand for tickets for this game really is a lot lower than I'd anticipated; I wonder what the crowd will be like. Me and some friends bought four, foolishly thinking that this game was on a Saturday. I've been trying to sell them through all the usual channels for below face value, and haven't been able to.

mclaren
08-05-2009, 11:03 PM
I actually wouldn't be so quick to discount the possibility that the players DO want to play in this match. At the risk of sounding unfaithful to the cause, I certainly would want to.

Also, the demand for tickets for this game really is a lot lower than I'd anticipated; I wonder what the crowd will be like. Me and some friends bought four, foolishly thinking that this game was on a Saturday. I've been trying to sell them through all the usual channels for below face value, and haven't been able to.

10 pages of tickets on Craig's List: http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/search/?areaID=25&subAreaID=&query=toronto+madrid&catAbbreviation=sss

robert32
08-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Heres the list of players coming, and not coming

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/1202777578732/noticia/Noticia/Toronto_&_Washington_DC_squad_list.htm