I'm gutted!

Hustle
08-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Fucking Disgrace when it really counted

Yohan
No heart. None at all

let the shitstorm begin

PS: RPB Road Warrior and others who made the trip, good on ya. but i feel sorry for you for wasting your money on this shit game

Free Agents
What a joke. This team has ZERO soccer IQ. DeRo just played awful. So many stupid plays from everyone on the field. Fuckin terrible.

bertal
no sense of URGENCY.

AdamZ
08-04-2009, 09:04 PM
get that loser Cummins off the bench and get a good MLS coach to deal with this sack of shit team.

Nuvinho
USL TEAMS ARE BEATING US!!! We can only beat a 2nd team Montreal team.

Shakes McQueen
Poor officiating, and poor managing . Combine that with bad games from everyone who needed to have a good one, and you have this result.

There was a time I thought Cummins could perhaps handle this job longer term. I think that time might be gone now.

- Scott

TFC USA
The Crew are laughing it up.

Fire Mo.

Miracle in Montreal was a waste of time.

Nuvinho
"The squad is good enough." - Mo Johnston

good enough for USL-2

Kevvv
08-04-2009, 09:05 PM
So we don't get to play Columbus. Let's focus on making the playoffs and not dropping goals after the 75th.

TFC Cityboy
utter shite.
No tactics
hoof it long
shoot head up from 30 yards
low percentage crosses from the brainless skipper all fuckin match
Vitti strutting around doing fuck all
utter shite'

DinamoTFC
LOL this team is a joke. They actually pay these guys money to play.
With this quality, I cant wait to see them play Real Madrid, theres going to be loads of highlights on sportnet the next day.

Toronto_Bhoy
Have at it

LOL!!!

God Bless The Batman!

Shakes McQueen
"The squad is good enough." - Mo Johnston

Stop posting this everywhere. I already explained to you in a previous thread why using this quote to make some sort of point, is stupid.

- Scott

Pigfynn
We didn't deserve progression to the group phase.

not by a mile.

Hopefully one day this club's actual team will equal it's support.

garbage.

TIRONA
GET RID OF MO AND CUM... they have no idea what they are doing. DISGRACE.

gardooney
Obviously our faith is being tested. And Danny's too.

Detroit_TFC
08-04-2009, 09:06 PM
We've got lots of talented players, but together, a mediocre team.

VPjr
What are you guys talking about. This team must be excellent. If they aren`t excellent, why would MLSE be prepared to grant Mo a 2year extension

Manutd #1
i dont know why i even think good things will happen with this team they are owned by mlse....the season is done the game they lost against columbus was the turning point of a decent season.

the thing that really bugs me is i truly do think we have the talent on paper with some good youngsters we just need a complete change of pace

gtaguy
08-04-2009, 09:07 PM
batman ... you started a hell fire..

ForestGlade
I hate the Islanders, but you gotta admit the Darth Vader "I Am Your Father" TIFO is pretty funny

Keystone FC
NO sense of urgency from the play on the field. I have no idea why Wynne was even starting this game. Yeah, he has speed but that's it. He contiunely kicked balls into the PR players and gave up possession...oh...I don't know 10-20 times? Wynne has to go and a fire has to be lit under every single ass on this club.

Inklink
RMAD 16 - 0 TFC.

Interim interim headcoach: Nick Dasovic.

Absolutely pathetic performance. Frei was probably our best forward tonight ... exactly.

Wynne had a decent game too. Apart from that. Awful all round for the most part. Disgraceful.

Dero shooting from 60 lght years out. Vitti....invisible except his routine post hitting act.

Dichio made a difference, but he needs more than 20 minutes or whatever he got.

Gerba is ineffective alone.

Can't believe this team craps its pants against USL sides. Awful.

I wonder what Mr. "Listen, to be honest with you, they're a decent side, I've talked to the lads in there, we've got some great footballers" has to say for himself and his team tonight.

What a waste of my day looking forward to this piss-poor performance. Hope they have nice places to visit in Puerto Rico.

Nuvinho
Who we should blame in order:

1. The players
2. The coach
3. The Ref

We shouldn't rely on the ref to help us win games. We showed no desire tonight.

boysblue
08-04-2009, 09:08 PM
never mind.

celt-nick
We didn't deserve progression to the group phase.

not by a mile.

Hopefully one day this club's actual team will equal it's support.

garbage.

YUP!

TOBOR !
Stop posting this everywhere. I already explained to you in a previous thread why using this quote to make some sort of point, is stupid.

- Scott

yeah - just stick it in your sig like everyone else...

but Mo's not wrong. It's what you do with what you've got and twice now we've face PR with 11 men behind the ball and failed to score. It's pathetic, and it rests solely at the feet of Chris Cummins.

Libra_60
Cummins must go. He has consistently show that he is not the coach to take this team to another level if that is even possible after that performance.

MFG1
upnext Real Madrid, watch they will win 3-1 hahahahahahaha

I dont get it. It is tearing at my heart though

LucaGol
08-04-2009, 09:09 PM
What a joke. This team has ZERO soccer IQ. DeRo just played awful. So many stupid plays from everyone on the field. Fuckin terrible.

+1 ...

Shakes McQueen
What are you guys talking about. This team must be excellent. If they aren`t excellent, why would MLSE be prepared to grant Mo a 2year extension

You can't blame these last two embarrassments on Mo. Dismal substitutions, and shit contributions from players we know are better than this (like DeRo), are the primary cause. And the absolutely shambolic officiating, but that's far from the only cause.

Barrett and Dichio both should have been in longer than they were.

- Scott

Section 117
I feel gutted right now. I am at a loss for words which is hard thing for me.

No heart no urgency nothing...

TFC USA
I'm pissed at Dichio big time.

But then again I'm really pissed we didn't put him in earlier.

DeRo sucked. Guevara sucked. Barrett's crosses sucked. Wynne sucked.

No heart. No effort. No sense of urgency.

Fire Mo. I've fucking had it.

Dbl_D
USL TEAMS ARE BEATING US!!! We can only beat a 2nd team Montreal team.
you mean 3rd team

Batman
08-04-2009, 09:10 PM
weird that goltv has no post game show.... the people are there...and they own the frickin station.

gracos
Anyone in favour of replacing Cummins with Curt Onalfo, now, at least he shows what he is doing, and doesnt have to explain himself

TOBOR !
best. thread. evar.

Keystone FC
The Crew are laughing it up.

Yeah cause they know how to play fall ball. Any time a player comes near them they fall to the ground like a epilepic. Maybe we should send TFC to one of their camps so they can learn this tactic. It got the Crew to the Cup...why not give it a go. Seriously.

giambac
Have at it

Gerba sucks.

He should not be a starter. He has progessively gotten worse in each of the 4 game she has played. He can not last more than 20 minutes. Danny D was more effective in game 1 in the 5 minutes he okayed and more efectibe tonight in the 15 minutes he played. Gerba has to lose at least 50 lbs. He doesn't look like a soccer player and he sure has hell doesn't play like a soccer player.

Who signed this stiff?? how much did we pay for this stiff? are we locked in with this stiff? For how long???Can we release him???

mclaren

Please, don't depress me anymore.

ElvistheEvilScotsman
Vitti needs to learn to keep playing through any contact or near miss until he hears a whistle. Saw him a handful of times pausing to see if the ref was calling anything while the play continued.

SHITTY VITTI!

ExiledRed
Cummins is terrrible on the substitutions.

If Danny Isn't fit enough to play more than twenty, he should quit for the good of the team.

If he is fit for more than that, then Cummins should be fired for persistently failing to utilise one of our best assets.

TFC USA
Oh yeah, Cummins has turned into Carver too.

Fire him as well.

SilverSamurai
08-04-2009, 09:11 PM

1. The players
2. The coach
3. The Ref

Welcome to CONCACAF. The ref will NEVER be on our side.

Nuvinho
Hey, but we got Real Madrid on Friday ;)......all is good in MLSE land.

gtaguy
this team needs directions... We are lost if we don't have someone that inspires.. This club has many but our coaches don't know how to capitalize on this..... We seriously need a caretaker...

mmmikey
We are getting a painful reminder that we have an interim coach filling in for that tactical mastermind JC. Not sure anymore why I expected an improvement.

MG42
08-04-2009, 09:12 PM
sigh...

TOBOR !
this game can be summed up in Garcia's effort at the end of the game. No ideas other than to shoot at goal from 40 yards out.

Razor
i'm sorry but this team is a joke. some players definitely need to go in the off season and you can include Mo on that bus out of town.

thank god Liverpool plays in two weeks.

Section 117
At the end of the day the players are to blame not the coach. He can only do so much if the players on the field don't produce you can't blame the coach.

100% team failure no question about it

LucaGol
The underlying problem on this team is that there is no trust or cohesiveness among the 11.

Body language does not lie.

ArmenJBX
I could care less to be honest: we can focus on the league. We're too young to get into Global tourneys. Show who you are locally and then go for it. We've never played a team like PRI who play defence incredibly well, because the MLS doesn't play defense well.

Two more years and we can be serious contenders for everything.

tfcleeds
It's a good thing we didn't advance...would have been absolutely murdered by the likes of Saprissa and Cruz Azul.

Cummins must go.

Keystone FC
We've got lots of talented players, but together, a mediocre team.

Kind of like the Cincinnati Bengals of the MLS.:(

VPjr
08-04-2009, 09:13 PM
We've got very few talented players, and together, a poor team.

Fixed your post

This group is bad science experiment. They`ve been this way almost from week 1.

I have alot of respect for those of you compelled to keep the faith but this is a top to bottom mess. The only department at TFC that has its shit together is the sales and marketing department.

I will give Winsper credit. The team did not look particularily gassed, despite the intense heat. Maybe thats because they didnt work all that hard over the 90 minutes.

ExiledRed
He's still Carver's protege.

forza_tfc
Sucked:
Dero, Barrett, Gerba, Robbo, Brennan, Vitti

Didn't Suck:
Traveling fans

Fire Cummins--we need a coach with a proven record.

Why does this team cause me so much agony! FUCK!

Jeff s
08-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Pk's not called for tfc like usual.

Barrett needs to stop crossing the ball, he's terrible.

Dero was awful, of all games not to show up.

Robbo and Cronin are useless. Sorry but they never close done the mid properly and we're sitting way to back. Get new mids!

Cummins doesn't have a clue on subbing players. Get him out.

Get a manager that encourages possession play. Not kick the ball down and cross it.

Nuvinho

Chad _______ (fill in the blank)

Libra_60
It is time for Mo to get back on the sidelines and take no prisoners. There is no bloody accountability on the pitch and with this team.

TOBOR !

you ought to apologise to the Bengals for that.

mclaren
I would like nobody to ever mention Real Madrid for the next five days - I thank you.

TFC USA
I could care less to be honest: we can focus on the league. We're too young to get into Global tourneys. Show who you are locally and then go for it.

What does youth (club years) have to do with it? It's not like we're fielding a bunch of amateurs.

The Montreal Impact swept by some good Mexican teams before the collapse of the ages.

We're struggling with the USL. Again.

I don't even want to see this team in the playoffs. We'll get manhandled.

ExiledRed
08-04-2009, 09:15 PM
I will give Winsper credit. The team did not look particularily gassed, despite the intense heat. Maybe thats because they didnt work all that hard over the 90 minutes.

or the prior 180.

giambac
08-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Gerba Sucks

Gerba needs to lose 50 lbs

Cummins can't coach and doesn't know when to make substitutions.

Mo never has or never will deliver on bringing us quality players and addressing the teams needs.

Team can't score

Team has mental breakdowns in the defencive end.

otherwise, everything is okay with this team.......

Keystone FC
08-04-2009, 09:16 PM
I could care less to be honest: we can focus on the league.

True.

We've never played a team like PRI who play defence incredibly well.

11 Fullbacks...not my idea of an incredible defense.

Two more years and we can be serious contenders for everything.

Make it 3.

ExiledRed
I would like nobody to ever mention Real Madrid for the next five days - I thank you.

This team has no business playing Real Madrid, if that's how they handle CL qualifiers against inferior teams

marquis
I don't think they even wanted to win tonight...are they even getting any cash for playing in this tournament? They threw the game!

FluSH
I just saw the best USL defensive team vs a Mediocre MLS offensive side... Was Marvell Wynne really MOTM! He provided the most threat out there which speaks volumes...

Don Julio
08-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Venting thread? I'm in!

shit cunt fuck penis twat herpes racist slut whore bastard

Thanks.

We were shit, but really we should've won this last week. We were never going to win this away.

ExiledRed
If they play a good game against RM, it'll be obvious that their priorties are screwed

trane
As many have said, very suprised at the lack of urgency.

I also thought after last weeks game that we should have used a simpler game plan, meaning more direct play with two bigmen in the boc, Dichio and Gerba. I understand while Cummins did not do it from the begining , but was very disapointed when it was not done at the start of the second, and disapointed that it was done so late in the game. In both games the only real chances were generated with both Gerba and Dichio in the box, that was pretty well the only time the PRI defenders looked uncomfortable.

UltraSuperMegaMo
We should look into getting Colin Clarke to manage TFC.

Keystone FC
you ought to apologise to the Bengals for that.

I said 'like' not 'are'. There really is no excuse for the Bend (Over) Gals.

ForestGlade
08-04-2009, 09:18 PM
My gf could give 2 craps about soccer, and when I told her about how awesome it was that we were in the Champions League, she let me miss our 4th anniversary to go to BMO for the first leg. Tonight, even though she had to work, she made a beautiful pulled pork in the slow cooker for the game, and EVEN SHE'S SITTING HERE WONDERING WHY TORONTO DOESN'T ADJUST BETTER

It starts with coaching. If you can't get your side to score in 3 straights games against full USL sides (going back to the 2-0 loss at Swangard), and just 2 goals overall against full USL sides, step aside

trane
If they play a good game against RM, it'll be obvious that their priorties are screwed

You voiced my biggest fear. Last weeks game and tonight looked like friendlies too me. If they play hard against RM I will have some serious questions.

TFC USA
Gerba Sucks

Really? If not for the GK he'd have two goals by now.

If anything Vitti pissed me off. Enough of the fancy shit. Dribble, cross, or shoot. It's not that fucking hard.

At least my Trophy Manager team won tonight.

Toronto_Bhoy
08-04-2009, 09:19 PM

1. The players
2. The coach
3. The Ref

Referees don't win games...players do.

Please don't get me fuckin' started...when we get penalties we don't score them anyway...

This is a huge TEAM failure...players...coaches...management.

Excuseless...Mo...Chris...(Tom couldn't give a shit)...I don't want to hear it...

I won't be there Friday night...this is why...your putting lipstick on a pig and demanding $200 from me...FUCK OFF!

mclaren
08-04-2009, 09:20 PM
they should cancel the RM game and concentrate on the league. Do something for the REAL fans, not REAL Madrid fairweather fans.

werewolf
I watched over 3 hours of Finnish Ykkonen today and it was more eventful and exciting then this garbage.

Shakes McQueen
As many have said, very suprised at the lack of urgency.

I also thought after last weeks game that we should have used a simpler game plan, meaning more direct play with two bigmen in the boc, Dichio and Gerba. I understand while Cummins did not do it from the begining , but was very disapointed when it was not done at the start of the second, and disapointed that it was done so late in the game. In both games the only real chances were generated with both Gerba and Dichio in the box, that was pretty well the only time the PRI defenders looked uncomfortable.

Sums it up well. I'm not prepared to just scream "blaghhh everyone and everything sucks shit!" over and over.

Our tactics were pants-on-head retarded. The substitutions over both games were awful. Combine that with some epic bad performances from some of our best players, and you have TFC laying an egg in the CCL.

- Scott

napoli73
Vitti was the only player showing some sort of creativity....problem is the rest of the team is miles behind. If we can't play with the ball on the ground in or around the area then we don't deserve to win games. Someone should hoof Brennan of the pitch just like he hoofed the ball all night long....to think he's the one doing the teams talks before games. i'd rather see the gambian kids.

TIRONA
If Danny Dichio Is Fit He Must Start Over Any Other Striker We Have. He Is The Best One We Have.

Yohan
nothing pisses me off like a 'professional' team of quitters

MFG1
Once again,

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_U0jeH-4WtPw/SBGoQ0q33mI/AAAAAAAAANI/Gyl5QhHob8Q/s400/bed.jpg

Stryker
08-04-2009, 09:21 PM
This team needs so many things to truely be successful. A coach, a DP striker, two starting fullbacks, a crossing winger and grass.
At this rate Vancouver will be a serious playoff contender before we will.

trane
This entire USL is so inferior to the MLS is shite. Yes the MLS players are more tallented, but I have now seen three USL sides, and they are all get much more from their tallent then we do. If we look for a new coach at the end of the season, we need to look at the USL as well.

I know many of you guys hate to here it, but more often then not defense win.

TFC USA
I've never been one to talk about boycotting a game, but you might as well not show up to see Toronto get fistraped by Real Madrid.

Or you could show up, pretend that's not Toronto FC on the pitch and enjoy watching a real football team out there.

ExiledRed
I don't think they even wanted to win tonight...are they even getting any cash for playing in this tournament? They threw the game!

I've been afraid of this since last year.

They get fuckall to compete in this tournament, which effectively means a gruelling schedule and much less time off between seasons, for no extra compensation.

I'm sure this is in the back of the minds of most players, and while there are probably those who don't allow it to be a factor, there are probably those who do.

Cunningham raised the alarm bells on this last year. It was quite obvious he threw the cup to Montreal.

VPjr
, she made a beautiful pulled pork in the slow cooker for the game,

TFC stinks....are there any leftovers. I can be there inside the hour. :yum:

Don Julio
08-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Tom could give a shit.. That's $3-4M down the drain.

giambac

If anything Vitti pissed me off. Enough of the fancy shit. Dribble, cross, or shoot. It's not that fucking hard.

At least my Trophy Manager team won tonight.

Cmon be honest- Gerba looks like a 260lb pilon out there. He has a gut, he can't run. Danny D is way more effective. How much are we paying this stiff?

profit89
We suck !

trane
Gerba Sucks

Gerba needs to lose 50 lbs

Cummins can't coach and doesn't know when to make substitutions.

Mo never has or never will deliver on bringing us quality players and addressing the teams needs.

Team can't score

Team has mental breakdowns in the defencive end.

otherwise, everything is okay with this team.......

Here we go again. Same old shit. Enough man. Please.

THA BUTCHA
at the very least Brennan should be striped of his captaincy

mclaren
08-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Sums it up well. I'm not prepared to just scream "blaghhh everyone and everything sucks shit!" over and over.

Our tactics were pants-on-head retarded. The substitutions over both games were awful. Combine that with some epic bad performances from some of our best players, and you have TFC laying an egg in the CCL.

- Scott

let's be honest, you never are ;)

Libra_60
08-04-2009, 09:24 PM
All I can say is thank Christ I passed on my tickets for this Friday. Some other stiff got stiffed by MLSE. Good night boys!!!!!

ilikemusic
You know what my absolute most favourite play in the whole world is?!

When our backline has possession on the right side, and we take a big wind up, boot it to the far left for Chad Barrett, and he does the same thing again, only this time, its to nobody.

I love that play so much. Im glad we dont try anything else.

Corpand
Taxi for Cummins. We were completely tactically outplayed, players didnt know what to do.

giambac

Please Trane tell me what bGerba did tonight? Did yyou even hear his name being mentioned? I thiught he was suppose to be a qulaity striker. He has gotten worse each game he has played for us.

Dirk Diggler

Yes ... unfortunately goal keepers are part of the game and strikers have to live with that fact.

But overall, it was a terrible effort. Firing Cummins would not do much good ... who do you think is going to bring in his replacement? Yes ... it'll be Mo Johnston. He is the one who needs to go first ...

Don Julio
08-04-2009, 09:25 PM
This entire USL is so inferior to the MLS is shite. Yes the MLS players are more tallented, but I have now seen three USL sides, and they are all get much more from their tallent then we do. If we look for a new coach at the end of the season, we need to look at the USL as well.

Like a Liminiatis for example?

I think Mo's the first out the door for me.. Just because you have a bunch of nice wood doesn't mean you can build a deck.

gtaguy
We need a true coach..
this shit cannot happen next year .
let alone the fact that i saw refs whistling the wrong calls tonight.. Gerba on the ground looked good enough for me to call it a penalty..

Yohan
the Crew supporters are laughing at us, and we deserve to be laughed at

at least their team doesn't quit on their supporters

mclaren

that's one silver lining at least...

TFC USA
Cmon be honest- Gerba looks like a 260lb pilon out there. He has a gut, he can't run. Danny D is way more effective. How much are we paying this stiff?

Yeah, because Dichio is Usain Bolt. :rolleyes:

We paid him to score. Not to run. That's always been his mantra. He's already scored once. None of our forwards has scored outside of him in a competitive game since San Jose.

You're worse than Smenge from Big Soccer.

FluSH

Gerba needs the P90X... at one point I thought he was taken off the game... he was M.I.A. for the last 20mins...

Stryker
I was going to finally buy the new jersey this week but fuck it now.
The players and management haven't show much pride for this team so why should I.

forza_tfc
08-04-2009, 09:26 PM
i'm gonna drink myself to sleep. g'night

Shakes McQueen

A 260lb pylon? He had a bunch of great shots that tested the keeper. Gerba is a big strong garbage collector, with a good shot.

"He has a gut" isn't a reason. Blanco has a gut. Blanco can't run.

Gerba was rendered ineffective, because he had no one to work with up front for most of the game.

- Scott

jloome
We were tactically inept, reacted to their tactical shift way too late (they went to half-field pressure at about the 12th minute, to make it difficult for us to headman the ball to Gerba), didn't change positions to reflect the inability of midfielders to get up into the attacking play, and left four defenders on for about 10 minutes too long.

That was an arrogant, unschooled performance.

I fear too much of the coaching focus here is on the "stiff upper lip" British tradition of motivation over all else. When your players are technically proficient but egotistical and prone to poor judgment, that does little good. It can bring out a stellar single-game performance in a top player or two from time to time, and that might get you some points.

But Puerto Rico, on a purely technical basis, is a team we should've taken apart. Instead, we played like 11 guys who wanted to be "the one who put the great ball in past four defenders" or "the one who blasted a 25-yarder, cross goal face into the top corner."

It was like the bloody Saturday Mornign Wacky Action Hero show out there or something. Totally singular play, with no leadership, almost no cohesion. Gerba created a nice turn and shoot opportunity that should've been a penalty, and Marvell Wynne's hardwork all day also created a couple of chances.

But tactically, everyone else was in a constant state of defensive reaction, and terribly out of position. The gap between our midfield and frontline, such as it was, was usually ridiculous, a third of the pitch of more. There was constant headmanning to a loan striker, Gerba, who's not really a target man, but a poacher, and who was double-teamed by the centre of a four man backline.

Just dreadful.

So incompetent boob award #1 goes to the coachign staff.

#2 goes to the group of 8 or 9 egotists masquerading as a team;

#3 goes to Mo Johnston, who has the richest reserve of both capital support and fan-generated revenue support in the league, but can't hire a central defender over 6'1" tall who can command a backline; who takes on project player after project player, guys with plenty of skill but 10 cent heads.

Shit, it's getting annoying even writing this. The "our players have 10 cent heads" post I wrote around this time last year would suffice, if I could be bothered looking it up.

Always a fan, but not expecting much until the current regime is gone.

DinamoTFC
Anyone who was actually mad that De Guzman turned down to play for this team deserves a smack.

werewolf
Please Trane tell me what bGerba did tonight? Did yyou even hear his name being mentioned? I thiught he was suppose to be a qulaity striker. He has gotten worse each game he has played for us.

He won 2 penalties in a tournament with any sort of reputable officiating.

olegunnar
The fish rots from the head

but no...everything is alright in ML$E land because the coffers are full

twistedchinaman
Fuck this is just like post-Vancouver all over again.

Beach_Red
At the end of the day the players are to blame not the coach. He can only do so much if the players on the field don't produce you can't blame the coach.

100% team failure no question about it

Really? That's all he can do? That's the best game plan he could put together? And that's enough for you?

Sorry, in a league with this much parity (and I'm counting the USL teams) we actually have to be smarter and have better game plans.

ua-kozak_TFC
08-04-2009, 09:27 PM
what are you talking about guys ,.... we were pretty hood could finish thats all after all we are only three year old club...

Mighty Mo might MO mighty mo....

TFC USA

I got to use a porn reference.

You're one who if there is no fucking in a porno 10 seconds in you'd assume it sucks...no pun intended.

Manutd #1
Yo man this is typical of mlse we let go of a player and they turn good

samual is having a nice run in scotland scored on the weekend in cup play and is now in the spl, much better then mls well at least the top couple teams

cunningham just scored 4 goals in a game and has 8 goals which is probably the amount of all our strikers combined....dero is the only one who has as much goals as him

Suds

- Scott

You nailed for me, Scott. It's the tactics first that I was most frustrated with tonight. In both CCL games we seemed to have no idea of what to do once we approached the attacking third of the field.

Add to that some bad individual decisions by De Ro, Garcia, Brennan, etc., brings my frustration tonight to another level. For this team to win we can't have our vets and top players making mistakes that we wouldn't accept from players on our own men's league teams.

trane

Giambiac, he is a striker if the team cannot get the ball to him his name will not be called. You are looking for reasons not to like him.

fetajr
GET RID OF MO AND CUM... they have no idea what they are doing. DISGRACE.

Correcto!!!....thats what i've been saying since DAY 1 with MO, and this year with CUM!

NEED MANAGER/COACH WHO BELIEVES IN POSSESSION ATTACKING STYLE.

colman1860
08-04-2009, 09:28 PM

Two extremely dangerous free kicks. Two headers which missed the net by inches.

In short, more than you've ever accomplished. Try making a positive post. Just once. You can even copy+paste somebody else's. Try.

flatpicker
ok... this was an unnecessary thread!

Shakes McQueen
let's be honest, you never are ;)

True, but I consider that a virtue. :D

Really though, getting wound up and screaming for everyone to die and be fired like a 5 year old, is pretty useless. I'd prefer to talk about what went wrong, and what needs to be done to fix it.

Calling for the entire team and management to be blown up every time we play some shit games, isn't realistic.

- Scott

VPjr
08-04-2009, 09:29 PM
We were tactically inept, reacted to their tactical shift way too late (they went to half-field pressure at about the 12th minute, to make it difficult for us to headman the ball to Gerba), didn't change positions to reflect the inability of midfielders to get up into the attacking play, and left four defenders on for about 10 minutes too long.

That was an arrogant, unschooled performance.

I fear too much of the coaching focus here is on the "stiff upper lip" British tradition of motivation over all else. When your players are technically proficient but egotistical and prone to poor judgment, that does little good. It can bring out a stellar single-game performance in a top player or two from time to time, and that might get you some points.

But Puerto Rico, on a purely technical basis, is a team we should've taken apart. Instead, we played like 11 guys who wanted to be "the one who put the great ball in past four defenders" or "the one who blasted a 25-yarder, cross goal face into the top corner."

It was like the bloody Saturday Mornign Wacky Action Hero show out there or something. Totally singular play, with no leadership, almost no cohesion. Gerba created a nice turn and shoot opportunity that should've been a penalty, and Marvell Wynne's hardwork all day also created a couple of chances.

But tactically, everyone else was in a constant state of defensive reaction, and terribly out of position. The gap between our midfield and frontline, such as it was, was usually ridiculous, a third of the pitch of more. There was constant headmanning to a loan striker, Gerba, who's not really a target man, but a poacher, and who was double-teamed by the centre of a four man backline.

Just dreadful.

So incompetent boob award #1 goes to the coachign staff.

#2 goes to the group of 8 or 9 egotists masquerading as a team;

#3 goes to Mo Johnston, who has the richest reserve of both capital support and fan-generated revenue support in the league, but can't hire a central defender over 6'1" tall who can command a backline; who takes on project player after project player, guys with plenty of skill but 10 cent heads.

Shit, it's getting annoying even writing this. The "our players have 10 cent heads" post I wrote around this time last year would suffice, if I could be bothered looking it up.

not expecting much until the current regime is gone.

Well said Mr. Loome...well said.

noochie
08-04-2009, 09:29 PM
How can this team look so talented on paper and yet be completely inept? And I agree, Cummins' tactics are confusing at the best of times and awful at the worst... he is out of his element here.

profit89
08-04-2009, 09:30 PM
It's the tactics. That's the real problem, more than any individual player.

Gixmo
The underlying problem on this team is that there is no trust or cohesiveness among the 11.

110% agree, Hit the nail on the head there.... It translates to the pitch

BigPoppy
I don't think we should blame Mo or Cummis they have done a decent job at putting the team together, Cummis put out a good offensive lineup, it's the players that need to have a reality check and start producing on the pitch. Does Toronto deserve to play in the MLS or should we be in the USL with the rest of the Canadian teams and make way for teams like the Islanders and Charlston to play in the MLS?

FluSH
A 260lb pylon? He had a bunch of great shots that tested the keeper. Gerba is a big strong garbage collector, with a good shot.

"He has a gut" isn't a reason. Blanco has a gut. Blanco can't run.

Gerba was rendered ineffective, because he had no one to work with up front for most of the game.

- Scott

What great shots? Were you watching a different game? I had visions of Collin Samuel out there... Gerba was completely ineffective... he doesn't have a first step... in fact by the time he is doing his first step the defender is already on his 3rd...

Gerba is strong I'll give you that... but he boxes his man outside the box and turns for the kill... one-on-one and boxing the defender without the heat beign a factor is when Gerba is at his best... he was being doubled at times...

Gerba should have been out by the 55th minute...

trane
Like a Liminiatis for example?

I think Mo's the first out the door for me.. Just because you have a bunch of nice wood doesn't mean you can build a deck.

Well I have voiced my support for Liminiatis before, and I still would.

profit89
08-04-2009, 09:31 PM
You need 2 strikers. Gerba alone up there accomplishes nothing.

ua-kozak_TFC
Really? That's all he can do? That's the best game plan he could put together? And that's enough for you?

Sorry, in a league with this much parity (and I'm counting the USL teams) we actually have to be smarter and have better game plans.
lol i really don;t understand you.... if i am correct you are part of the group that think that mo has nothing to with the play on the field... i think mo has more to do than cummins....
As someone has said here before... can;t do a tasty chiken salad with fresh chicken shit... so yea

Next on the agenda... NOT make the play offs...

Followed by a 2 year extension to MO.... Awesome...he really deserves that one...

wzhxvy
I am upset but not as much as I was when we lost to Vancouver. I feel everyone's frustration mind you. Sucks. If we miss the playoffs this year, I am going to lose it if MO gets an extension.

ExiledRed
Cunningham didn't like it here, he didn't like the fans, and he threw the CC.

He might be a great striker, but he had noo intention of playing hard for us, so the point is moot.

Samuel was unfit when he was here, and isn't allowed to get away with that shit in the SPL. It was a shame he left when he started to look dangerous though.

Suds

We had the exact same issue in the first game.

Yohan
well. at least Frei had a good game

Manutd #1
gerba should not be a lone striker not many in the world can play as a lone striker, i think he had 2 very nice free kicks. I know he was in the gold cup but i dont think he is match fit yet, dont forget mls teams are in mid season form he is just getting back into form even at mk dons he didnt see much playin time near the end of the season he will improve

Dirk Diggler
08-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Man to be honest, I do not even know what aspect of our team to point at and declare it the reason for our loss tonight. Every single thing was shit out there. No one seemed to give a damn ... we all know that Cummins is inept but to be honest, unlike the billion other instances in which the apologists have used the excuse, the loss was truly on the players. There isn't much you can do when every one out there has no interest in advancing to the group stage.

THA BUTCHA
Players that need to go:

Carl Robinson (Absolutely NO Creativity and we pay this guy quite a bit)
Jim Brennan (Can you really call this guy a leader. I would prefer to see Gomes take his spot for the rest of the season)
Chad Barrett (has poor touch and ZERO soccer IQ)

Cobblers
lots of slagging on individual players, which is somewhat justified after tonight's performance, but I think the real issue is that we don't have any idea how to go forward. We play long ball with no target man in, we play one striker when we're down a leg, and we don't have the team understanding to play simple one-twos to get around a single player. Garcia and DeRo striking from 45 yards sort of underlines this. Why are we playing Robbo, Cronin, and Guevara all in deep roles - it's redundant. We are we not building an effective midfield - everyone speaks that our midfield is the best in the league - maybe in individual talent but we haven't moved the ball well through the middle of the pitch all season - it's disjointed - the gap between our lone striker and central midfielder(s) is huge and has been all season...

Anyway, losing's part of football. On to the next league game...

FluSH

In short, more than you've ever accomplished. Try making a positive post. Just once. You can even copy+paste somebody else's. Try.

I would say one dangerous free kick... but he's not a set piece specialist... he's all strength...

Other than that... Gerba was nowhere to be found.

giambac
Funny thing is that I have been saying for a year and a half to fire Mo, to blow up this ship. Man old man if they only listened,. We wasted another year and are no further ahead. and to think they are planning on giving Mo a 2year extension???????

Mo should have been gone at the end of last year with Carver. Good thing Carver is gone but the bad thing is that we brought in a junior rookie to replace him. Still don't have aqulaity striker an dstill have a majority of players on the team who play without heart.

VPjr
Well I have voiced my support for Liminiatis before, and I still would.

Limniatis proved that, when the chips are down, his team choked. Limniatis doesnt have the experience this team needs.

There are more experienced pro coaches in the CSL and that is not even a tiny exageration.

Toronto_Bhoy

Just like he gives a shit about the Leafs and/or the Raptors winning.

If he gave a shit, he'd ensure the capital needed to advance...he has failed to give the Club the necessary resources.

It's not about money down the drain...its about managing the bottom line.

Like Leaf fnas...we keep coming...ohhhh...but if you wish to drop $200 bucks on Friday's game...Tom will supply Real Madrid for you...

:facepalm:

mclaren

Really though, getting wound up and screaming for everyone to die and be fired like a 5 year old, is pretty useless. I'd prefer to talk about what went wrong, and what needs to be done to fix it.

Calling for the entire team and management to be blown up every time we play some shit games, isn't realistic.

- Scott

At some point though, do you not feel it's time to cut your losses and take a new direction? I've said it all along, will continue to say it until he leaves, Mo needs to be fired and replaced with a competent GM who has the ability to hire a competent coach. What would it take for you to feel that Mo should Go? The apocalypse?

twistedchinaman
08-04-2009, 09:33 PM

- Scott

+1, but sometimes damn it is therapeutic.

The strategies were very amateur, we seemed lost, and we let them walk all over us. The players felt like they were having a collective brain fart, and subs...if it ain't working -- FIX IT! I don't fucking care if the sub needs to be done at the 16th minute. If someone fucking stinks, TAKE THEM OFF!

We had to be ruthless, and we ended up crapping the bed at the sight of the idea.

mastermixer
*lack of tactics
*lack of passing abilities
*lack of desire

Is it the coach or players?

trane
It's the tactics. That's the real problem, more than any individual player.

I have saying this for a while. I still would give Cummins a chance, but I have been disapointed in some of his decisions. To be sure.

Olgier
Mouhahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Failed!!!!

marquis
There isn't much you can do when every one out there has no interest in advancing to the group stage.

That sums it up. I'm going to sleep.

THA BUTCHA
Does anybody really expect this team the make the playoffs?

Section225
08-04-2009, 09:34 PM
I was expecting this forum to have alot of negativity in it after getting kicked out tonight, but not this much.
They put a shit load of pressure on PRI most of the game but couldn't finish...I'd like to know how much of the game was spent in their half...it seems to me 2/3 at least.
If Dichio's post shot went in, half the people posting in here would be all positive and happy about the teams performance...
oh and CONCACAF refs are a joke. Serioux wasn't even touched on that red card call.

Section225
08-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Does anybody really expect this team the make the playoffs?

not a chance.

Dirk Diggler
08-04-2009, 09:35 PM
What great shots? Were you watching a different game? I had visions of Collin Samuel out there... Gerba was completely ineffective... he doesn't have a first step... in fact by the time he is doing his first step the defender is already on his 3rd...

Gerba is strong I'll give you that... but he boxes his man outside the box and turns for the kill... one-on-one and boxing the defender without the heat beign a factor is when Gerba is at his best... he was being doubled at times...

Gerba should have been out by the 55th minute...

I completely agree ... maybe I had unrealistic expectations from him considering his recent goal scoring pedigree with the national team but he, along with the rest of the team, was very poor tonight. It is fair to say that he was shit although it is equally irrelevant as the rest of the team was not any better.

giambac

are u talking about the 2 dangerous kicks from 40 yards out??

he didn't get his head on any balls becasue he can't jump more than 6 inches in the air.

Best chance of the night was Danny in the 15 minutes he played. Best chance in the previous match was Danny D in the 5 minutes he played.

Enough said. If Danny D was in there longer and Gerba out, we would have had a goal.

twistedchinaman
At some point though, do you not feel it's time to cut your losses and take a new direction? I've said it all along, will continue to say it until he leaves, Mo needs to be fired and replaced with a competent GM who has the ability to hire a competent coach. What would it take for you to feel that Mo should Go? The apocalypse?

Thank you! Thank you! THANK YOU!

If only one person is fired...FIRE MO JOHNSTON.

napoli73
Gerba is not bad.....it's the team service that REALLY REALLY SUCK!! i have never seen such garbage crosses in my life. Right now teams are not beating us, we are letting them win because our inability to control the ball around the area thus the lack of goals.
This is what we look like around the area.
http://www.coolthingsinrandomplaces.com/mike.jpg

FluSH
lots of slagging on individual players, which is somewhat justified after tonight's performance, but I think the real issue is that we don't have any idea how to go forward. We play long ball with no target man in, we play one striker when we're down a leg, and we don't have the team understanding to play simple one-twos to get around a single player. Garcia and DeRo striking from 45 yards sort of underlines this. Why are we playing Robbo, Cronin, and Guevara all in deep roles - it's redundant. We are we not building an effective midfield - everyone speaks that our midfield is the best in the league - maybe in individual talent but we haven't moved the ball well through the middle of the pitch all season - it's disjointed - the gap between our lone striker and central midfielder(s) is huge and has been all season...

Anyway, losing's part of football. On to the next league game...

You can't blame DeRo for striking from 45... he's gotten goals from there before and frankly... his option was Gerba who wouldn't have out manoeuvred a cow tonight...

mclaren
08-04-2009, 09:36 PM
not a chance.

+1 There is no way in hell we are making the play-offs, there is more chance that MLSE will lower its beer prices.

twistedchinaman
Mouhahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Failed!!!!

At least we didn't have a royal brainfart to give up four goals in 25 minutes.

Remember Darwin Quintero asswipe.

trane
Limniatis proved that, when the chips are down, his team choked. Limniatis doesnt have the experience this team needs.

There are more experienced pro coaches in the CSL and that is not even a tiny exageration.

I am more concerned with what happened after. I only wish TFC would have gone that deep in the CL.

werewolf
Mouhahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Failed!!!!

Thank you. I was trying to find something on youtube to cheer me up, and you just reminded me.

-7CmtUE6fq0

BuSaPuNk
What a fucking lackluster effort. We brought DeRo in to fucking shit the bed and shoot from over 40 yards out twice??

Tonight we seen what alot of the team really looks like when it's on the line and it really should scare all of us.

DeRo, Vitti, Barrett, Brennan, Robbo all out to fucking lunch tonight.

Best players on the pitch were fucking Dichio and Frei.

ua-kozak_TFC
08-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Players that need to go:

Jim Brennan (Can you really call this guy a leader. I would prefer to see Gomes take his spot for the rest of the season)
the highlighted one is the only one i disagree with just because he works the hardest on the team...
I would add to the list Guevara... VEry selfish .. all he does is shoots at the net every time he gets the ball.. and has a brain of adime as someone said here... He adds nothing to the TEAM....

Stryker
This debachery lies with Cummins.

Anyone pointing fingers at Mo is pointing a finger squarely at the supporters also. Serioux, DeRo, Gerba, White, Brennan.
All players the majority of supporters wanted that Mo signed.
If Mo has a lousey eye for talent, than we all do.

grizzle
utter shite.
No tactics
hoof it long
shoot head up from 30 yards
low percentage crosses from the brainless skipper all fuckin match
Vitti strutting around doing fuck all
utter shite'

I agree with everything else but the bolded statement. I guess you missed his 2 headers on the net which other than Dichio's post shot and one of Gerba's strikes were our best shots at goal. I think he was actually one of the better players on the field (along with Wynne) tonight unlike some of the others who were just launching. It wasn't a specific players fault, it was a team failure.

FluSH
Gerba is not bad.....it's the team service that REALLY REALLY SUCK!! i have never seen such garbage crosses in my life. Right now teams are not beating us, we are letting them win because our inability to control the ball around the area thus the lack of goals.
This is what we look like around the area.
http://www.coolthingsinrandomplaces.com/mike.jpg

Better service?!? Can't the man create something on his own?!?! Fuck give me some PRO service and I'll score for TFC.... I'm 5'9 and 200lbs just around Gerba's weight and height...

Limani_Ole

Second that.. never played like a team..

If the players cant play good together that is the coaches fault.. they definitely are better on paper..

too many chiefs not enough indians..

Manutd #1
08-04-2009, 09:38 PM
I was expecting this forum to have alot of negativity in it after getting kicked out tonight, but not this much.
They put a shit load of pressure on PRI most of the game but couldn't finish...I'd like to know how much of the game was spent in their half...it seems to me 2/3 at least.
If Dichio's post shot went in, half the people posting in here would be all positive and happy about the teams performance...
oh and CONCACAF refs are a joke. Serioux wasn't even touched on that red card call.
we only had so much of the ball because they let us and we still gave the ball up cheaply we had maybe 2 quality chances on net dont forget they hit the post once to.

the ref was bad both games, frei was fouled on the goal in the first game he was ran over, and this game we shoulda got a pk...then the ref gives them a phantom red that meant nothing to make up for it

Davenport
I have saying this for a while. I still would give Cummins a chance, but I have been disapointed in some of his decisions. To be sure.

1/Cummins is inept.
2/Johnston has failed.
3/The team isn't good enough.

Until MLSE realise point 2 then point 1 and 3 won't improve any day soon.......

Beach_Red
lol i really don;t understand you.... if i am correct you are part of the group that think that mo has nothing to with the play on the field... i think mo has more to do than cummins....
As someone has said here before... can;t do a tasty chiken salad with fresh chicken shit... so yea

Next on the agenda... NOT make the play offs...

Followed by a 2 year extension to MO.... Awesome...he really deserves that one...

Yes, I believe Mo has nothing to do with setting the line-up or the play on the field.

This team is structured as a North American team and there's been no evidence it's operating any other way. Even Carver said there was no interference in running the team and he hasn;t said otherwise yet.

Now, I think it's that way so Mo can insulate himself and say to his boss that it's not his fault, the coach is screwing up... so we probably agree on that. There's no advantage to Mo to be involved in the play on the field, he can only lose that way.

trane
are u talking about the 2 dangerous kicks from 40 yards out??

he didn't get his head on any balls becasue he can't jump more than 6 inches in the air.

Best chance of the night was Danny in the 15 minutes he played. Best chance in the previous match was Danny D in the 5 minutes he played.

Enough said. If Danny D was in there longer and Gerba out, we would have had a goal.

We should have played danny and gerba. Gerba will be our lead scorer for the rest of the season I will put up 100$. But we needed both of them in there, and as I said a simpler game. That is when we had chances.

Shakes McQueen
+1, but sometimes damn it is therapeutic.

The strategies were very amateur, we seemed lost, and we let them walk all over us. The players felt like they were having a collective brain fart, and subs...if it ain't working -- FIX IT! I don't fucking care if the sub needs to be done at the 16th minute. If someone fucking stinks, TAKE THEM OFF!

We had to be ruthless, and we ended up crapping the bed at the sight of the idea.

I think Cummins is part of the problem. His tactics and subs have been crap for quite a while now. After the past several weeks I'm beginning to support his removal.

If you get rid of CC, then yes, I could see an argument for ridding us of Mo too, and making a clean break. That said, I don't blame Mo for these two displays. The players that failed us, weren't the "bad" ones - it was guys like DeRo. That's why I think it's a failure of tactics.

- Scott

ExiledRed
Why do we even need a GM?

Do the Revs have one? Houston?

Just get us an experienced MLS head coach, and pay him well.

ua-kozak_TFC
08-04-2009, 09:39 PM
At least we didn't have a royal brainfart to give up four goals in 25 minutes.

Remember Darwin Quintero asswipe.
lol... you aguys are funny i would rather give up 10 goals in the final than not make to group stage at all....just saying they got way further than we did... we didn;t even get to group stage... such a "SOLiD TEAM MO HAS PUT TOGETHER" :facepalm:

VPjr
I am more concerned with what happened after. I only wish TFC would have gone that deep in the CL.

what happened after the Impact`s epic choke job is more telling to me as to why he is not yet ready for primetime. Clearly not a strong enough leader.

Limniatis still needs to earn his stripes. His act in Montreal was inevitably going to hear thin. I admit to being surprised it wore out so quickly but I wasn`t surprised he failed to finish the season after the way their CCL run ended.

Shakes McQueen
We should have played danny and gerba. Gerba will be our lead scorer for the rest of the season I will put up 100$. But we needed both of them in there, and as I said a simpler game. That is when we had chances.

Exactly. Gerba isn't athletic enough to be left on an island up front by himself. That's why he was mostly rendered ineffective. And the decision to put him up there alone for most of the game, was made by Cummins.

- Scott

James17930
Gotta say I think this one is on Cummins too. Why wait so long to bring in Dichio? I mean, what the hell was he thinking? Dichio should have been in at the half.

Is Dichio hurt and we just don't know it? If not, then it doesn't make any sense at all.

billyfly
Man, this sux.

Davenport
08-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Yes, I believe Mo has nothing to do with setting the line-up or the play on the field.

This team is structured as a North American team and there's been no evidence it's operating any other way. Even Carver said there was no interference in running the team and he hasn;t said otherwise yet.

Now, I think it's that way so Mo can insulate himself and say to his boss that it's not his fault, the coach is screwing up... so we probably agree on that. There's no advantage to Mo to be involved in the play on the field, he can only lose that way.

Not quite sure what you meant there, but the product on the pitch IS the result of Johnston's work.

RPB73
Gerba needs the P90X... at one point I thought he was taken off the game... he was M.I.A. for the last 20mins...

Gerba was missing in action because of the lack of quality service. You can't just punt the ball to the box and cross your fingers that your striker is going to beat the defenders in the air. Which seems to be the way this team wants to play. Guevara was missing in action for 70 minutes and he is supposed to be our midfield general, for lack of better words. Unless you can get quality service upfront you can't do shit. Not even Torres could score with this midfield supplying him the punt it into the box service. When a team plays like Puerto Rico you have to be creative and patient. They were crowding the middle so you have to switch the ball and change your point of attack. If you hoof it into the box, well that's what they want you to do.

ua-kozak_TFC

Exactly!!!

well the reason we do is because MO suck shit on the field... and since he is such a buddy buddy with MLSE... how could they let him go? are you kidding me... This guy will be in the organization for ever...if you think they;ll fire him even if we don;t make the play offs... keep dreaming...NOT GONNA HApPEN

trane
08-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Better service?!? Can't the man create something on his own?!?! Fuck give me some PRO service and I'll score for TFC.... I'm 5'9 and 200lbs just around Gerba's weight and height...

Seriously this constant scape goating is useless. Todays problem was our tactics we are a much more talented team. Our tactics were the same as last week, and suprise suprise we had the same result. I will put money on Gerba, as I said to Giambianc.

mighty_torontofc_2008

your just finding that out about deRo now? one attempt when way over the net, it was like he was trying to eliminate the moon in one shot..

billyfly
We were a post away from extra time.

Dirk Diggler

Anyone pointing fingers at Mo is pointing a finger squarely at the supporters also. Serioux, DeRo, Gerba, White, Brennan.

That is ridiculous. Are those the only 5 players on the team? Clearly Serioux, DeRo, Gerba and White have not been the problem the majority of this season ... Brennan, you have a point, but with the other 4, I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Mo has failed to sign a competent central defender along with not signing a proven goal scorer, bringing in an incompetent coach after firing another incompetent coach and not utilizing the DP spot that is just rotting away at the moment.

gtaguy
strategy is the blame game .
for that i want to crap on .. TFC..
guys what the hell..
cummins what the F#$%... If this game was winnable we would have seen dero from day one..

I blame all this shit on natural grass.. which we don't have...

Sorry trying to distract..

FluSH
Alright... I'm staying away from the boards for a bit... write off this game and move forward...

I just hope we don't beat RM 2 - Nil... that will sting for weeks..

tml
08-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Watch us beat Real Madrid after all this!!!!

twistedchinaman
lol... you aguys are funny i would rather give up 10 goals in the final than not make to group stage at all....just saying they got way further than we did... we didn;t even get to group stage... such a "SOLiD TEAM MO HAS PUT TOGETHER" :facepalm:

Farther, but exited in a much worse way. That royal brainfart cancels out any goodwill that the Limpact earned themselves.

mclaren

The problem with the GM position is it gives a layer of protection to the incompetent Mo Johnston. What has he ever really achieved since retirement as a player? What justifies a new contact? What will it take to fire him? Will he be there for 1,2,3,4 more coaches under him? When will the madness end? The buck stops with him.

grizzle
Players that need to go:

Agree with the first 2. Barrett I used to hate, but he has been improving and I agree some of his passes tonight had me screaming WTF are you doing, but I think he also does quite a bit of good too. I when he has the ball about 65% of the time he makes some decent plays, but then there is the 35% where is looks like an idiot and those stand out way more.

As for Robinson, is it just me or does it seem like he is afraid to have the ball?

mclaren
Watch us beat Real Madrid after all this!!!!

I've heard the Real Madrid C Team is quite tasty.

twistedchinaman
08-04-2009, 09:43 PM
We were a post away from extra time.

And how much better could that have been?

Cobblers
You can't blame DeRo for striking from 45... he's gotten goals from there before and frankly... his option was Gerba who wouldn't have out manoeuvred a cow tonight...

Flush, that's exactly my point - no other option than to strike from 45 yards because we don't have the ability to work the ball into decent scoring opportunities on a consistent basis through the middle.

gtaguy
Alright... I'm staying away from the boards for a bit... write off this game and move forward...

exactly what i was thinking flush.. :flare:

napoli73

??? so you agree pro service is needed?

Manutd #1
What a fucking lackluster effort. We brought DeRo in to fucking shit the bed and shoot from over 40 yards out twice??

Tonight we seen what alot of the team really looks like when it's on the line and it really should scare all of us.

DeRo, Vitti, Barrett, Brennan, Robbo all out to fucking lunch tonight.

Best players on the pitch were fucking Dichio and Frei.

WHAT one thing i hate about these boards is that people hate no matter what, barrett has missed some chances but thats been tfc's problem as a team hence our top scorer is dero a midfielder. Chad barret has improved alot i like him on the wing he started the play that we scored on in ne, and i think his shot if it didnt hit gerba woulda challenged the keeper.

i agree brennen dero and robbo were not good tonight...vitti has soo much skill but needs to know when to pass.
dichio and frei played good?????????frei wasnt challenged when he was he let it go and it almost went in it hit the post.....dichio besides his miss was nowhere i dont blame him as he shoulda been brought on earlier and needed better service.

I love the double standard on these boards if barrett missed the same chance dichio did everyone would be going nuts right now

Super
08-04-2009, 09:44 PM
If you get rid of CC, then yes, I could see an argument for ridding us of Mo too, and making a clean break. That said, I don't blame Mo for these two displays. The players that failed us, weren't the "bad" ones - it was guys like DeRo. That's why I think it's a failure of tactics.

- Scott

That's exactly the problem here. We do have a much better team than Puerto Rico, but had a perfect plan in place on how to beat us - and it worked. Cummins is definitely to blame here. Obviously the players are to blame as well, but a different coach may have been able to get more out of them - and wouldn't have accepted this sort of performance any day of the week. It's really a shame because I do like Cummins. But I'm starting to feel that maybe he needs to go.

ua-kozak_TFC
08-04-2009, 09:44 PM

SO you are saying... that IF CALderon has fired all his current players and just hired the entire TFC taem And if Pellegrini doens;t win anything is all the coaches fault??
Because that;s exactly what you are saying... EVen the best coach in the world is helpless with our squad...

ensco
08-04-2009, 09:45 PM
....our two best chances over 180 minutes against PR were from DD, who played 25 minutes over the two games.

It makes me sick. The coaching staff are worrying about whose feelings will get hurt if they don't play, instead of which starting 11 will give us the best chance out there.

I don't care whose feelings are hurt, we're a better team with him on the field.

trane

That would be complete shite. Even if they are up for that game, I am going to be realy pissed. After tonight they should not give a shit, they should be thinking about this loss, and trying to focus on our next league game. Fuck RM. Fuck friendlies, by the way they do contribute to our problems.

VPjr

Flush...there is ZERO chance that will happen.

If Madrid wants to, they can pump 4 goals per half on this team. it wouldn`t take much for them to pull that off.

You can be sure that the players will really hustle on Friday...to trade shirts with someone from RM.

Manutd #1
only good news that comes from this game is that now we can focus on playoffs, we dont have 8 games in 1 month no excuses now

FluSH
Seriously this constant scape goating is useless. Todays problem was our tactics we are a much more talented team. Our tactics were the same as last week, and suprise suprise we had the same result. I will put money on Gerba, as I said to Giambianc.

You do have something right... it is tactics... I would put my money on Vitti under different coaching tactics as well...

Unfortunately this game was not one for Gerba to start... not one bit. Was anyone surprised that Jadeosingh for PR did not start the game even though he was the dagger for TFC? The PR coach was not afraid to decide he was not the best man for the starting 11 simple as that... I'm sure Gerba will score goals... but putting him on tonight was a tall order.

TOBOR !
08-04-2009, 09:46 PM
You know what my absolute most favourite play in the whole world is?!

When our backline has possession on the right side, and we take a big wind up, boot it to the far left for Chad Barrett, and he does the same thing again, only this time, its to nobody.

I love that play so much. Im glad we dont try anything else.

genuine LOL

twistedchinaman
Gerba was missing in action because of the lack of quality service. You can't just punt the ball to the box and cross your fingers that your striker is going to beat the defenders in the air. Which seems to be the way this team wants to play. Guevara was missing in action for 70 minutes and he is supposed to be our midfield general, for lack of better words. Unless you can get quality service upfront you can't do shit. Not even Torres could score with this midfield supplying him the punt it into the box service. When a team plays like Puerto Rico you have to be creative and patient. They were crowding the middle so you have to switch the ball and change your point of attack. If you hoof it into the box, well that's what they want you to do.

Exactly. Gerba is going to poach you goals IF YOU GIVE HIM THE CHANCE!!!!! No service means he's got shit all to do.

Vitti baffles me, and seriously...I want him gone unless he can go off those rails on a crazy train and go wild.

Super

Yup - it's time to move forward. It's not our first defeat, and it won't be our last. It's disappointing as hell, but I do feel that right now, in our 3rd season, we don't have the squad to play both CCL and MLS. Maybe next year. But the one fear I did have about the CCL is that we would have likely finished last, and then at the same time dropped the ball in the MLS. Now we can focus 100% on the play-offs, and then next year return to do some serious damage in the Canadian Cup, and then compete in CCL and the MLS in a better way.

THA BUTCHA
the highlighted one is the only one i disagree with just because he works the hardest on the team...
I would add to the list Guevara... VEry selfish .. all he does is shoots at the net every time he gets the ball.. and has a brain of adime as someone said here... He adds nothing to the TEAM....

I agree Barrett does have hart. But I still stand by my comments
he has no touch and no Soccer sense.

and I agree Guevara play like garbage. But he is still more creative with the ball and is a set play specialist.

Guevara is more valuable to this team on the pitch and even more important ON THE TRADE MARKET

Dirk Diggler
The problem with the GM position is it gives a layer of protection to the incompetent Mo Johnston. What has he ever really achieved since retirement as a player? What justifies a new contact? What will it take to fire him? Will he be there for 1,2,3,4 more coaches under him? When will the madness end? The buck stops with him.

Yeah ... Mo's eyes probably lit up when he discovered that the concept of GM is very common in sports across North America. No wonder he scurried upstairs as soon as the second season ... he would have been unemployed by now had he not made that decision.

Manutd #1
08-04-2009, 09:47 PM
yea and with winsper samual may have gotten more fit....but on these boards you have 2-3 games to impress then its ur head ala gerba now

trane
Agreed. He certainly should not be brought in with what 15 minutes left. What is the point.

Boudge
LOL a Big Loss but to avoid getting pissed off at people on the boards calling for everyone`s head and BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

I am not going to log back on for a while. But I will give my piece of mind and you can read if you want.

We lost a big game yes! BUT to be 10000% honest I am not that gutted. My goal for the team this year was for the MLS cup and the Canadian Championship. Our team is not deep enough to go through TWO leagues

We won our first cup ever and that is fucking WONDERFUL! Did anyone seriously think that we had a chance of going through TWO very competitive leagues and succeeding??

We need to get to the playoffs and go deep into the MLS Cup Playoffs; If by a chance we win the MLS Cup we get a by into the group stage??? (If I am wrong I apologize).

We make the playoffs there is a lot more money put into the revenue that TFC brings in. Improve our team and get better.

FOCUS on what is achievable!!

AND I know people are going to say ohhhhh we've been here for 3 years and we ahvent done anything e.t.c Is really not realistic because anyone who considers that first year of playing a actual season is truly delusional.

Our team has gotten considerably better! Just give it time people.

ZEN is your bestfriend!

BOH! and that is my piece.

:drum::flare::drum::flare::scarf::drum::flare::dru m::flare:

boban
he's got a point.
Sure he scored in his first game, but what has Gerba done since.
Guy is gawd awful slow and can't turn a player either.
He needs to improve his conditioning for sure.

I sick of this shit with the strikers. We need a PROVEN striker.
Not these ground hog day science experiments.

TOBOR !
only good news that comes from this game is that now we can focus on playoffs, we dont have 8 games in 1 month no excuses now

/useless speculation on where Feb. CL games will be played and how much it'll cost to trot in natural turf.

Sally Mack
08-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Is it just me, or do our players have BIG problems bringing down a long ball while in motion? It reminds me of watching myself play. These a professionals, they should be able to bring the ball down while moving at the same time. This is why our counter-attacks are always so SLOW. The other team catches up while we're trying to settle the ball down.

I felt bad for Gerba in the first half. Poor guy was winning balls, but had no support. The 4-5-1 didn't work as planned. I wouldnt mind seeing Gerba-Dichio up front for curiousity's sake.

Despite crossing some ugly looking balls I thought Barrett had a large impact on the game. We were missing his legs in the first half big time.

Beach_Red
Exactly!!!

well the reason we do is because MO suck shit on the field... and since he is such a buddy buddy with MLSE... how could they let him go? are you kidding me... This guy will be in the organization for ever...if you think they;ll fire him even if we don;t make the play offs... keep dreaming...NOT GONNA HApPEN

Well, nothing is forever. But I think you're right, MLSE will stick with him longer than they should.

I never liked to get into this, but now I think it's a mistake to look to the UK to run an MLS team. Unfortunately, MLSE will probably stick with UK guys running the team for a long time (this is the same organization that should have made Anders Hedberg GM of the Leafs but didn't have the balls).

Manutd #1
ok... this was an unnecessary thread!
maybe another thread on how much we hate barrett would be more necessary i think its a good thread cunningham is proving his worth im happy for him

Shakes McQueen
08-04-2009, 09:49 PM
SO you are saying... that IF CALderon has fired all his current players and just hired the entire TFC taem And if Pellegrini doens;t win anything is all the coaches fault??
Because that;s exactly what you are saying... EVen the best coach in the world is helpless with our squad...

How do you know? We haven't had the "best coach in the world" yet - or even just a "really good" coach. We've had John Carver, and his former Luton Town Academy coach apprentice.

Mo didn't tell DeRo to go out there and play like shit tonight. Mo didn't tell Vitti, Guevara, or anyone else to go and lay an egg.

We weren't let down by the "shit" players Mo has brought in tonight - guys like Velez. We were let down by proven quality players, and bad coaching.

- Scott

trane
he's got a point.

Gerba will score. He cannot score every game. He cannot turn a player but that is not his game.

Sally Mack
he's got a point.

LOL ground hog day science experiments...

But you're right, Gerba needs some work. He does have the talent and power to be a striker though. I totally expected this of him, to be perfectly honest.

Dirk Diggler
08-04-2009, 09:50 PM
LOL a Big Loss but to avoid getting pissed off at people on the boards calling for everyone`s head and BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

I am not going to log back on for a while. But I will give my piece of mind and you can read if you want.

We lost a big game yes! BUT to be 10000% honest I am not that gutted. My goal for the team this year was for the MLS cup and the Canadian Championship. Our team is not deep enough to go through TWO leagues

We won our first cup ever and that is fucking WONDERFUL! Did anyone seriously think that we had a chance of going through TWO very competitive leagues and succeeding??

We need to get to the playoffs and go deep into the MLS Cup Playoffs; If by a chance we win the MLS Cup we get a by into the group stage??? (If I am wrong I apologize).

We make the playoffs there is a lot more money put into the revenue that TFC brings in. Improve our team and get better.

AND I know people are going to say ohhhhh we've been here for 3 years and we ahvent done anything e.t.c Is really not realistic because anyone who considers that first year of playing a actual season is truly delusional.

ZEN is your bestfriend!

Your goal for the team this year was to win the MLS Cup? Buddy, you are in no position to call anyone else delusional.

napoli73
I have said it before and i will say it again....as long as Brennan is our leader and starting every game this team will never succeed...time for Gomez. i am tired of watching this team put crosses into the box at any given chance.....i could understand if we were good at it but we SUCK at it.

mclaren

ZEN is your bestfriend!

What, like beating a USL team?

ensco
Gerba is days away from becoming Fat Buddle v2. You can't look like that and not have a huge strike rate.

MG42
08-04-2009, 09:51 PM
While I agree that we need dichio 100%, it doesn't do much good when 90% of the crosses are 4' off the ground.

gtaguy
at a time where it most mattered.. Cummins did not shine nor did our club.. I would like to see a change in management eventhough we are only 3 years young...

mclaren

ZEN is your bestfriend!

Seattle would disagree.

TFCRegina
I HATE THREE LIONS. WHY CAN'T WE PLAY REAL FOOTBALL? Seriously, gut these f-bags. Play on the ground, not in the air, we gave more balls to Puerto than their own team did.

Beach_Red
Not quite sure what you meant there, but the product on the pitch IS the result of Johnston's work.

I mean it's reasonable to claim the product is pretty good for MLS and then blame the fact it is underperforming on the coach.

I do think this roster with a better coach would win more games. This team has controlled many games and then given them away in the last few minutes. Everyone here complains about the way the roster is used, especially towards the end of the games.

Cambridge_Red
I have said it before and i will say it again....as long as Brennan is our leader and starting every game this team will never succeed...time for Gomez. i am tired of watching this team put crosses into the box at any given chance.....i could understand if we were good at it but we SUCK at it.

we lost 1-0 on agg wtf does brennan have to do with this? fucking stupid stop bashing this guy people I'm sick of it

RPB73
08-04-2009, 09:52 PM

- Scott

I agree, to ask that management and the team get blown up every time we play shit is ridiculous. But when the shit occurs on a regular basis, especially in big games. What than ? Should we keep taking this shit time and time again. Besides the tainted victory in Montreal, this team has never shown up when it counts. So you can keep taking the shit, in the meantime fire Cummins.

Boudge
08-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Seattle would disagree.

OUR first year.....

Seattle was prepared! They got Jundgberg for fuck sakes... anyways that's it
LOL

Don't wanna get the blood boiling

Sally Mack
08-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Brennan looked like a fat slob tonight.

There, I said it.

jloome
08-04-2009, 09:53 PM

1) I'd rather he ignore what fans say they want if the resulting team wins. That's job self-presevation on his part, not an admirable trait.

2) Gerba and White don't fit into the equation, Brennan is now three years older than when the team started.

3) Mo put together a technically talented lineup made up of core components that failed in other leagues for the samer reason: poor onfield decision making.

Every single one of these guys, save for DeRosario, is a key player who, while we may like them, couldn't hold down a starting job at their previous teams (which is why Guevara insisted on leaving Chivas):

Barrett (has lived up to his Chicago rep)
Vitti (great skill, but it's clear why he had two pro goals in eight years.)
Robbo (distribution insn't consistently strong enough,and, again, is three years older and slowing down).
Brennan (converted winger who has lost a step and is caught upfield regularly)
Guevara (former MVP turned emotional nutjob turned weird mixture of MVP and emotional nutjob.)
DeRosario (Seems to believe he can score at will, but can't, doesn't trust his offensive teammates.)
Gerba (Good finisher, but immobile and therefore relies on service)
Serioux (Good defender with occasional technical lapses with ball at his feet, seems brittle as eggs)
Garcia (too short, too slow, makes very poor overly emotioanl decisions, like lunging in and blasting a shot from 40 yards.)

If none of these guys was a smart enough overall team contributor to stick at another MLS team or at their previous Euro team, what made Mo arrogantly believe being here would somehow magically fix that?

We need players in the athletic American mold, who can be improved on and developed technically but already have the physical skills and intelligence to compete in MLS and CONCACAF. They have to be young enough to be hungry and preferably from this hemisphere, for matters of pride.

If he can hang onto them (dubious given the cap) Mo has built some important cogs for a good future team (The gambians,, Cronin, Frei, maybe White, Ibby for sure). But that's three or four years away, and it shouldn't be necessary to wait for competence, at the least.

We should clean house on the senior team, keep the most important cogs (Frei, Attakora, Gomez Sanyang, Cronin, Ibby, OBwhite), introduce a tactically proficient managment team, and sign some workhorses with brains.

mighty_torontofc_2008
08-04-2009, 09:54 PM
How do you know? We haven't had the "best coach in the world" yet - or even just a "really good" coach. We've had John Carver, and his former Luton Town Academy coach apprentice.

Mo didn't tell DeRo to go out there and play like shit tonight. Mo didn't tell Vitti, Guevara, or anyone else to go and lay an egg.

We weren't let down by the "shit" players Mo has brought in tonight - guys like Velez. We were let down by proven quality players, and bad coaching.

- Scott

but the fans wanted shit players like DeRo in here....Mo has got to stop listening to the fan base and do his job the right way by getting players that will help the team.

Dirk Diggler
OUR first year.....

Seattle was prepared! They got Jundgberg for fuck sakes... anyways that's it
LOL

Don't wanna get the blood boiling

I don't know who you are talking about but there was nothing stopping TFC to go out there and sign a player prior to the start of the season 1.

Manutd #1
the fact that garcia and brennen started over gomez was criminal

napoli73
we lost 1-0 on agg wtf does brennan have to do with this? fucking stupid stop bashing this guy people I'm sick of it

Bashing will stop when he proves himself a leader and leads by example....and in a good way.

Nuvinho
08-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Why are we talking about ex-TFC players?

Just because Cunny got 4 goals in 1 game, he is now a god to some!!! C'mon, the amount of chances he has missed this year and last year....he is bound to have 1 breakout game every few years.

Why not go back and talk about Casey too.....maybe even Buddle......Esky......ROB......you can go on and on about who we should of kept or not. It's a thread that makes no sense.

How come a Cunny thread wasn't started last week about how good he was?

Sally Mack
08-04-2009, 09:55 PM
I love dichio, and agree he should be starting, but i think it's worth mentioning that both times he came in when Puerto Rico was inviting us to their end, and we had like 4 strikers on the pitch at once. You can't expect that sort of production from Dichio in the first half. It'd be nice, but its a whole different game in the last 10 mins vs the first 45.

TFC USA
08-04-2009, 09:57 PM
but the fans wanted shit players like DeRo in here

WILL YOU FUCKING STOP IT?!!!!

He's scored 8 goals but he's missed a penalty so I guess we cut him.

Guevara missed a penalty but he's scored (I think) 5. Cut him.

Drop the illogical DeRo hating shit. It's getting old.

Beach_Red
08-04-2009, 09:57 PM

Look, buddy, I'm trying to agree with you. But I'm trying to stay within reality. I believe there are other coaches in MLS that could get better results even with our roster. The Puerto Rico Islanders and the Vancouver Whitecaps don't have any better players than the best of TFC.

We got out-coached. It happens all the time in sports and it happens to us far too often. Every time we give away a game in the last five minutes with the weird substitutions we make, we get out-coached. Some coaches are better than others.