PDA

View Full Version : RPB Toronto FC Real Madrid Roll Call.

Red CB Toronto
08-04-2009, 05:56 PM
I know quite a few supporters are going to be sitting this one out due to a whole bunch issues including the cost. I thought it would be a good idea to do a roll call of all those who are going so we know where everyone will be sitting. Cheers and enjoy the game regardless if you are there in person, at a bar and hanging out at home.

Raging Reggie
08-04-2009, 06:06 PM
somewhere in 112 i hope!

Marco2K
08-04-2009, 06:14 PM
i will be in 116

The tickets are not that bad. Anyone who did not buy the tickets is either Broke or crazy.

H Bomb
08-04-2009, 06:26 PM
you forgot the option where people were completely ignoring the game and pretending it doesnt exist

TFC OZZ
08-04-2009, 06:31 PM
2 of us in 123, as usual

trane
08-04-2009, 06:32 PM
you forgot the option where people were completely ignoring the game and pretending it doesnt exist

That is my option.

Hitcho
08-04-2009, 06:32 PM

what game? :D

Red CB Toronto
08-04-2009, 06:34 PM

You make a good point, I know the whole issue of playing mid-season friendlies has been a bone of contention among quite a few people, I was trying not to make this a discussion about your feeling about the game, just if you are going where will you be.

mclaren
08-04-2009, 07:06 PM
I could never support this game and therefore will not be going. Pointless rip-off friendly.

Toronto_Bhoy
08-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Meh...

TFC Cityboy
08-04-2009, 10:30 PM
got given a freebie at work just a day or so ago as I work for one of the partner companies that is a TFC sponsor so I will be there. I feel a tad hypocritical I must say but at least I know MLSE gave the tickets out so I am not helping the corporate coffers at MLSE and I will not be buying any of the merch on offer.
I have a feeling this will make the 1st game vs Galaxy look like one for the hardcore...plastics and cronaldo shirts everywhere. I may get very angry
:)

Jay P
08-04-2009, 10:32 PM
ill be in my usual seats in 113.

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Just wondering, are the people who have strong objections to this game going to check it out on TV?

Big Bruva
08-04-2009, 10:33 PM

lol ya i was gonna say the same kinda thing.

mclaren
08-04-2009, 11:42 PM
Just wondering, are the people who have strong objections to this game going to check it out on TV?

no, meaningless, boring game.

james
08-04-2009, 11:50 PM
i am exspecting that the atmosphere will be more like a Toronto Maple Leafs exsecutive business mans type atmosphere on friday. Anyone in 112-116 i wont be suprised if you will actually have to sit down because you will be very well out numbered by people yelling at you that they cant see the game from there seat.

Have fun whoever is going!

jazzy
08-05-2009, 12:05 AM
I just want to see, how one actually controls and passes a soccer ball to ones same team member

The Kingpin
08-05-2009, 12:33 AM
Anyone who goes to this game is not the supporter they thought they were. And they certainly should have difficulty calling themselves a Red Patch Boy, as the group as a whole were vehemently against this. Watching my team get thrashed by a far superior squad is not my idea of fun...

Ageroo
08-05-2009, 12:42 AM
Anyone who goes to this game is not the supporter they thought they were. And they certainly should have difficulty calling themselves a Red Patch Boy, as the group as a whole were vehemently against this. Watching my team get thrashed by a far superior squad is not my idea of fun...

Well I will be there and not sure how you can question my support. I choose to be there and will support my team.

I will be there in my season seats in 115.

Red CB Toronto
08-05-2009, 12:42 AM

I support the Reds til I die, love watching them every chance I get, live for what the RPB stand for, but since you are not a member how can you judge any one who is going to thise game. I think we still will see quite a bit of red in the crowd, Come you Reds, send Cristiano and the billionare boys on their way to Washington with a big defeat to think about.

Ageroo
08-05-2009, 12:45 AM

As well...I am not sure where you are getting where the group is vehemently against this? If you show me where the Red Patch Boys have confirmed this mantra...I will be quiet. I have heard nothing of the sort.

The Kingpin
08-05-2009, 12:51 AM
As well...I am not sure where you are getting where the group is vehemently against this? If you show me where the Red Patch Boys have confirmed this mantra...I will be quiet. I have heard nothing of the sort.

It was the impetus to the protest. It was the moving of the Red Bulls game to support this cash grab. Talk to Jack, he had stated clearly that he was against this. If you support TFC and their success, you'll realise that this game forced a long road trip on the team and shifted important games. I'm not sure how you don't remember this... Anyway, I would expect some rogue 'soccer groupies' to make it to a game that could affect our playoff chances... INSTEAD OF RESTING THE TEAM FOR IMPORTANT UPCOMING GAMES!

Ageroo
08-05-2009, 01:12 AM
It was the impetus to the protest. It was the moving of the Red Bulls game to support this cash grab. Talk to Jack, he had stated clearly that he was against this. If you support TFC and their success, you'll realise that this game forced a long road trip on the team and shifted important games. I'm not sure how you don't remember this... Anyway, I would expect some rogue 'soccer groupies' to make it to a game that could affect our playoff chances... INSTEAD OF RESTING THE TEAM FOR IMPORTANT UPCOMING GAMES!

I understand you OPINION on the matter and all the parameters surrounding this match. I do not need to speak to anyone, as I am well aware of everything involved here. Many MEMBERS will be attending this match whether you like it or not.

Now to the rest of your point.... you are calling me out because I choose to attend this match. I see myself as a Toronto FC Supporter and a Red Patch Boy. My attending of this match does not change this fact. And....as much as it may not agree with your mantra....I do wish for the success of this team. I take offence to you calling me and other Red Patch Boys "ROGUE SOCCER GROUPIES." I apologize that my pedigree does not entitle me to my own opinion on what games to attend or not.

Whether or not this match is ideal or comes at a bad point in the schedule is irrelevant now. The fact of the matter is that this game is taking place and I, and many other RED PATCH BOYS will be attending it. You are welcome to watch from your couch. No one is stopping you.

The Kingpin
08-05-2009, 01:16 AM
I understand you OPINION on the matter and all the parameters surrounding this match. I do not need to speak to anyone, as I am well aware of everything involved here. Many MEMBERS will be attending this match whether you like it or not.

Now to the rest of your point.... you are calling me out because I choose to attend this match. I see myself as a Toronto FC Supporter and a Red Patch Boy. My attending of this match does not change this fact. And....as much as it may not agree with your mantra....I do wish for the success of this team. I take offence to you calling me and other Red Patch Boys "ROGUE SOCCER GROUPIES." I apologize that my pedigree does not entitle me to my own opinion on what games to attend or not.

Whether or not this match is ideal or comes at a bad point in the schedule is irrelevant now. The fact of the matter is that this game is taking place and I, and many other RED PATCH BOYS will be attending it. You are welcome to watch from your couch. No one is stopping you.

And that is the crux of the matter....

Ageroo
08-05-2009, 01:20 AM
And that is the crux of the matter....

Fair enough...you have said your peace on the matter.

And as a side note to my response and your response. This thread is a ROLL CALL TO RPB who are attending this match. Not a platform to voice disgust with the match and process involved around it. As everyone knows...there are many threads to voice displeasure on this board. This is not one.

The intent of the thread is to see who is coming to the match. So let us keep it at that. Cheers.....

The Kingpin
08-05-2009, 01:29 AM
Fair enough...you have said your peace on the matter.

And as a side note to my response and your response. This thread is a ROLL CALL TO RPB who are attending this match. Not a platform to voice disgust with the match and process involved around it. As everyone knows...there are many threads to voice displeasure on this board. This is not one.

The intent of the thread is to see who is coming to the match. So let us keep it at that. Cheers.....

Very clearly. "Red Patch Boys*", enjoy the match........

http://www.torontounplugged.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/the-bunker.jpg

^ *The days when it mattered....

Ageroo
08-05-2009, 01:41 AM

Thank you.....I almost forgot about the good ol' days. :rolleyes: Thanks for school lesson......As a side note to YOU and anyone else who has been baffled by this thread topic.

One must read the titles of threads and think accordingly before posting.

You don't like the spirit of the thread...look elsewhere.

Ageroo
08-05-2009, 01:45 AM
I know the whole issue of playing mid-season friendlies has been a bone of contention among quite a few people, I was trying not to make this a discussion about your feeling about the game, just if you are going where will you be.

If anyone needs any reinforcement of the intent of the thread...Please read CBlake's post quoted here. Self explanatory!

TFC_Junky
08-05-2009, 07:23 AM
Ageroo, I'm with you. I'm a Toronto FC Supporter and a Red Patch Boy, and will jump on any chance I have to see my team play. Whether it's a cash grab, pointless and ill-timed match or not, I'll be there. I'll be in 111 cheering as always.

dow117
08-05-2009, 07:53 AM
If you have the means and are able to attend, no fan of the game itself would miss the opportunity to go... I assume those objecting will be watching America's Got Talent instead !

giambac
08-05-2009, 08:04 AM
I have 185.62 tickets for this match.

English Rachel
08-05-2009, 08:05 AM
I'm there, 116 row 19 seats 8-11

Parkdale
08-05-2009, 08:10 AM
Anyone who goes to this game is not the supporter they thought they were. And they certainly should have difficulty calling themselves a Red Patch Boy, as the group as a whole were vehemently against this.

maybe they're just going to watch the game?

you know, just being a fan of the sport and the simple pleasure we get from watching it.

robert32
08-05-2009, 08:12 AM
Alonso may be making the trip... http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/1202777526467/noticia/Noticia/Ball_work_takes_center_stage.htm

werewolf
08-05-2009, 08:13 AM
I have 185.62 tickets for this match.

that is a lot of tickets, you aren't a scalper are you?

btw, how do you have .62 of a ticket? Did you rip it be accident, or do you have to leave early?

Hitcho
08-05-2009, 08:39 AM

no

but i am going to bitch and moan on here if any of our players get injured or end up exhausted at the end of the game having had rings run round them by the madrid guys. :D

giambac
08-05-2009, 08:44 AM
that is a lot of tickets, you aren't a scalper are you?

btw, how do you have .62 of a ticket? Did you rip it be accident, or do you have to leave early?

The people at MLSE are so generous to their fans. They have a special promotion when you buy 185 tickets they give you a .62 ticket for free:flare:

jaahuuu
08-05-2009, 09:07 AM
I'll be there. My team is playing I don't want to miss it, meaning less rip-off or not.

Parkdale
08-05-2009, 09:09 AM

you know what that photos is missing? A Capo!

boy things sure change over time, and sometimes for the better.

pppperkins
08-05-2009, 09:09 AM
SeC 123 ROW 8 i will b there as usual

Hitcho
08-05-2009, 09:14 AM
The people at MLSE are so generous to their fans. They have a special promotion when you buy 185 tickets they give you a .62 ticket for free:flare:

ha ha - that's twice you've made me laugh in one day giambac. what's happened to the world?! :D

Don Julio
08-05-2009, 09:21 AM
I'll be in 111 by my lonesome

Eastend
08-05-2009, 09:37 AM
I am a TFC supporter and a Red Patch Boy and I will be standing in front of my regular seat in the front row of 114.

p.s. To those not going and saying you will not watch it on TV, I call bullshit!

English Rachel
08-05-2009, 09:51 AM
Sorry to sicken everyone with my relentless positivity (although I was fucking pissed last night and when I woke up) but, perhaps playing RM will give the boys a boost - you know, like the 4 min mile, once one person did it, everyone followed. Some proper footy skill with players that are intuitive and communicative, perhaps, just perhaps, this will be a good thing for our playoff race....

RM, please rub off on our boys, and when you've done that, you can rub off on me.... lol!

ForzaTFC
08-05-2009, 10:06 AM
anyone know of any players making the trip to play in the game? I read on goal.com today Xabi Alonso will be part of the squad to play... Anyone know of anyone else? I don't want to spend $200 for a ticket if no 1st team player will be taking part.

English Rachel
08-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Anyone going to Open Practice tomorrow?

grizzle
08-05-2009, 10:09 AM
As much as I would love to go support Toronto, I can't seem to justify paying $300 for a couple tickets for a game that has NO IMPACT on anything.

Jay P
08-05-2009, 10:10 AM
anyone know of any players making the trip to play in the game? I read on goal.com today Xabi Alonso will be part of the squad to play... Anyone know of anyone else? I don't want to spend $200 for a ticket if no 1st team player will be taking part.

no first team madrid players will be playing

Madrid will bring in Lombardo/Samuel/Welsh/ and Canizalez to bolster their reserve side

Jay P
08-05-2009, 10:10 AM
Anyone going to Open Practice tonight?

no but i am going to the one tomorrow

prizby
08-05-2009, 10:12 AM

if only games were like this still

VoxPopuliCosmicum
08-05-2009, 10:13 AM
ill be in my usual seats in 113.

Same here. Within spitting distance of C. Ronaldo if he comes over for a short corner.

grizzle
Anyone going to Open Practice tonight?

Ya, its tomorrow. Does anyone know if this is some seated thing or people are free to go wherever they want in the stadium?

prizby
Sorry to sicken everyone with my relentless positivity (although I was fucking pissed last night and when I woke up) but, perhaps playing RM will give the boys a boost - you know, like the 4 min mile, once one person did it, everyone followed. Some proper footy skill with players that are intuitive and communicative, perhaps, just perhaps, this will be a good thing for our playoff race....

RM, please rub off on our boys, and when you've done that, you can rub off on me.... lol!

hopuefully they play as well as the shamrock rovers did against RM

VoxPopuliCosmicum
08-05-2009, 10:16 AM
Thank you.....I almost forgot about the good ol' days. :rolleyes: Thanks for school lesson......As a side note to YOU and anyone else who has been baffled by this thread topic.

One must read the titles of threads and think accordingly before posting.

You don't like the spirit of the thread...look elsewhere.

One must also make use of the ignore feature to filter posts that can be reasonably expected to suck ass based on their authorship.

English Rachel
08-05-2009, 10:18 AM
no but i am going to the one tomorrow

Ya, its tomorrow. Does anyone know if this is some seated thing or people are free to go wherever they want in the stadium?

Lol oops, I know it's tomorrow, serves me right for talking and typing at the same time.

It's seated this time, it was open last time but I have been allocated actual seats. I guess it will depend how busy it is.

hopuefully they play as well as the shamrock rovers did against RM

what was ia? 1-0? I had a dream last night that we lost 57-0. Whatever, I think my positivity is waning.... I don't care if we lose this game, I just want them to start playing REAL fucking FOOTBALL.

Eastend
08-05-2009, 10:53 AM
As much as I would love to go support Toronto, I can't seem to justify paying $300 for a couple tickets for a game that has NO IMPACT on anything.

I'm looking at it from the perspective that it will be an entertaining game against a team I will probably never see again.....and I realize that it doesn't 'mean' anything to our standingm but I am looking forward to this game.

Carts
08-05-2009, 10:57 AM
I'll be in 112... :drinking:

Carts...

ochos
08-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Brothers, we must now focus on the task at hand - making those wankers from Europe wish they'd never come to our house to sell their t-shirts.

We must make CR7 wearing plastiques feel embarrassed. We must protest the imported grass, schedule changing, and inconsideration for Toronto fans.

Let's be as anarchistic as we can, on the right side of the law.

Let's make sure 111 + 112 are loud, proud, and for TFC all the way!

TFC_Junky
08-05-2009, 11:07 AM
I'll be in 111 by my lonesome

I'll be in 111 as well!

Jay P
08-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Brothers, we must now focus on the task at hand - making those wankers from Europe wish they'd never come to our house to sell their t-shirts.

We must make CR7 wearing plastiques feel embarrassed. We must protest the imported grass, schedule changing, and inconsideration for Toronto fans.

how about we just support the boys on the pitch. :scarf:

they have no control over any of those issues ...

king dave
08-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Not attending.
KD.

Roogsy
08-05-2009, 11:22 AM

You do realize that the entire stadium is going to be filled with tourists right? Even the southeast stands.

That being said....this is a ROLL CALL thread. This is not a thread if you are not attending and it's not a thread about what you'd like to do at the game. Please keep that in mind.

fetajr
08-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Anyone who did not buy the tickets is either Broke or crazy.

or maybe they are simply smart and not playing into the hands of Anselmi and MLSGREED.

Section225
08-05-2009, 11:26 AM
I am a TFC supporter and a Red Patch Boy and I will be standing in front of my regular seat in the front row of 114.

p.s. To those not going and saying you will not watch it on TV, I call bullshit!

+1 agreed!

Section225
08-05-2009, 11:28 AM
or maybe they are simply smart and not playing into the hands of Anselmi and MLSGREED.

someone who is broke would have bought the ticket and sold it for twice as much, which I bet exactly what 90%+ of the people who are so "against" this did!

sulfur
08-05-2009, 11:29 AM
I'll not be at the game, but chances are good that I'll wander down to Joe's and watch it on TV there.

tfcmanu
08-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Section 120!

ForzaTFC
08-05-2009, 11:31 AM
no first team madrid players will be playing

Madrid will bring in Lombardo/Samuel/Welsh/ and Canizalez to bolster their reserve side

i read somewhere there is a contract in place that states some first team players will play at minimum 45 minutes. Is this fabrication? Anyone?

Wagner
08-05-2009, 11:31 AM
if i can find a webstream i'll maybe catch a few mins.

instead of going, i will be praying to Jesus, Allah, Ganeesh, Buddah, mother goddess, etc.....
that none of our guys get hurt with a huge game against DC 8 days later.

H Bomb
08-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Roll Call threads are boring then!

v00d00daddy
08-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Not that I'm a RPB but I will be there and I'm looking forward to it.

ochos
08-05-2009, 12:40 PM
You do realize that the entire stadium is going to be filled with tourists right? Even the southeast stands.

That being said....this is a ROLL CALL thread. This is not a thread if you are not attending and it's not a thread about what you'd like to do at the game. Please keep that in mind.

Woh sorry pal, I guess I should say something on the official "TFC v Real Madrid Match Thread", which will be completely littered with comments from those not attending about how we're all losers for buying tickets.

I guess sending my message out to those attending in the ROLL CALL thread was poorly thought out...

JonO
08-05-2009, 12:40 PM
No going. Highly unlikely I'll watch the game due to the timing - although the HD potential for viewing grass at BMO may have me try catch a few minutes of the game...

TicTacTabarnack
08-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Not attending ... Sold my tickets to a friend that was willing to pay for them.

On a side note ... I'm going to the open practice. 1st Row for $15 ... A steal compared to the game prices and get to see GRASS at BMO for the first time ever.

andyc
08-05-2009, 01:35 PM
I bought 2 out of my 3 tickets so I'll be there with my son unless someone offers me big money on the way there!

:D

RedRum
08-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Not going, not watching.

Again$t meaningle$$ friendlie$. Again$t ML$E greed.

giambac
08-05-2009, 02:36 PM

it is seated thing. I have tix and it has a designated seat #.

giambac
08-05-2009, 02:39 PM
i read somewhere there is a contract in place that states some first team players will play at minimum 45 minutes. Is this fabrication? Anyone?

This is true. My sources (which are reliable) insist that C Ronaldo will be palying the full 90 minutes. He has stated that he wants to impress Mo so that he can earn a contract with TFC. Problem is Mo doesn't want him and is happy with the great strikers we have (you know the ones who scored 0 goals vs a USL club from PR)

Jay P
08-05-2009, 02:40 PM
This is true. My sources (which are reliable) insist that C Ronaldo will be palying the full 90 minutes. He has stated that he wants to impress Mo so that he can earn a contract with TFC. Problem is Mo doesn't want him and is happy with the great strikers we have (you know the ones who scored 0 goals vs a USL club from PR)

hahahahhaahaha

straight trade for barrett and cash

this is joga
08-05-2009, 02:45 PM
i'm not going.. and the only reason i'm not going is b/c i can't afford the ticket. i should also add that i am not a Madrid supporter, although i would have given almost anything to have a ticket to this match.

i'm pretty sure that if it was ManU or Liverpool, or Arsenal, or Chelsea, or any other club you support, you would all be singing another tune - an exact opposite tune in fact. i say enough with all the slamming of Los Merengues and MLSE for putting this great event together for footy fans (yes, i said footy fans NOT madrid fans) in Toronto.

IMO it is a pleasure and an honour to have Madrid grace our pitch... and i don't understand why anyone feels differently (ohh yeah, if it was a different club)

giambac
08-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Let's get 1 thing clear.

Everybody wants to watch this game and only wishes they had tix.
Those who say they aren't going to the game and not watching it on tv are full of bullshit. They are jealous they couldn't get tix due to demand/supply or due to the price. Regardless they only wish they had tix and they will be glued to their TV sets on Friday night with their noses right up against the screen only wishing they were at BMO field watching 2 of the best players in the world. They will never get this opportunity again and they and everyone else knows it.

So cut the bullshit and admit you wish you could be there and you will be watching it on tv. Who are you trying to fool by saying you won't watch the game or don't care for it??????

lintberg
08-05-2009, 02:53 PM
I'm looking at it from the perspective that it will be an entertaining game against a team I will probably never see again.....and I realize that it doesn't 'mean' anything to our standingm but I am looking forward to this game.

I'll be there in 109!!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Let's get 1 thing clear.

Those who say they aren't going to the game and not watching it on tv are full of bullshit. They are jealous they couldn't get tix due to demand/supply or due to the price. Regardless they only wish they had tix and they will be glued to their TV sets on Friday night with their noses right up against the screen only wishing they were at BMO field watching 2 of the best players in the world. They will never get this opportunity again and they and everyone else knows it.

So cut the bullshit and admit you wish you could be there and you will be watching it on tv. Who are you trying to fool by saying you won't watch the game or don't care for it??????

80% of the tickets were purchased...and are being sold through other sources.... (sclapers)

Supply and demand...? Not likely!...many tried to cash in on this circus..but later found out they cant even get rid of them for face value! IF i wanted a ticket...It could easily be done! (I'LL PASS!)...In the end they were scalped viva MLSE!

enjoy the game!

The Kingpin
08-05-2009, 02:59 PM
I wish I was going - this is the greatest sports spectacle in Toronto over the last ten years!!! I'd do anything to watch my TFC play!! Honestly I think many Red Patch could have gone but chose not to... But I'd be there in a heartbeat!!

Boris
08-05-2009, 03:01 PM
I wish I was going - this is the greatest sports spectacle in Toronto over the last ten years!!! I'd do anything to watch my TFC play!! Honestly I think many Red Patch could have gone but chose not to... But I'd be there in a heartbeat!!

is this your attempt to get people all riled up?
Or is this you just simply being a troll?

sulfur
08-05-2009, 03:10 PM
I thought that we were trying to get on topic with a roll call. There are other Madrid related threads for trolling, bitching, and whining.

trane
08-05-2009, 03:29 PM
Let's get 1 thing clear.

Fuck Real Madrid. Seriously. Who gives a shit. Not in the midle of the season, and yes I have to wonder about those who care about this game, in light of the negatives for our club. Fuck it I said it. Giambic, you clearly to not care about the club. So go ahead and watch practice in which our player can get hurt.

Section 117
08-05-2009, 03:33 PM
I will be in my seats in 117. I can't to give to pretty boy and Kaka

Guys what do you think of this sign I am thinking of making

"You smell like Kaka"

MUFC_Niagara
08-05-2009, 03:46 PM
Let's get 1 thing clear.

I could have bought tickets and didn't, I won't be watching on TV as i'll be working.

DOMIN8R
08-05-2009, 03:56 PM
I will be there, in 108.

mighty_torontofc_2008
08-05-2009, 03:59 PM
in my season seat as usual, cant really afford to attend, but cant afford to miss it either..

DichioTFC
08-05-2009, 05:17 PM
dont really care who's not going and dont really care who's complaining either.

i'm going, its my first time in 127 and I'm bringing my cousin from England (HUGE Liverpool supporter but likes RM, bought the tickets only for him).

giambac
08-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Fuck Real Madrid. Seriously. Who gives a shit. Not in the midle of the season, and yes I have to wonder about those who care about this game, in light of the negatives for our club. Fuck it I said it. Giambic, you clearly to not care about the club. So go ahead and watch practice in which our player can get hurt.

Trane,

You just don't get it do you????

I'm a soccer lover and have passion for the game. I'm not going down to watch TFC who suck and can't beat a USL team. For that matter they probaly can't beat half of the teams in the CSL.
I'm going down to watch 2 of the best players in the world- C Ronaldo and Kaka. Also one of the most storied team in all of professional sports. This is a lifetime opportunity to watch these players and this team up close in a a small staduim. Who gives a fuck if it is an exhibition match.

You say you are concerned that one of our players may get hurt. Who ??? Barrett who can't score. Who Gerba who wighs 250 lbs and is out of breath after 10 minutes in a game. who Robinson or Brennan who can't play for shit. Who Valez who can't defend.

at the end of the day if a player on TFC gets injured all it will do is give you and the other find me an excuse supporters another excuse for when TFC misses the palyoffs. This team is terrible and it has nothing to do with the exhibition games or friendlies we are playing. The team is bad because they don't have quality players, they don't have an experienced coach and they have a poor excuse of a GM who has no direction or idea on how to build a team.

Having said this, it has nothing to do with going down abd seeing perhaps the best club team in the world with some of the best palyers in the world. So give it up. You talk like you know so much about football and been around the world to see matches in Europe nad yet now that we have RM in town your trash talking. Give it up. You know you will be watching on tv.

adamdz
08-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Wish I was going, but too rich for my blood MLSE. Will catch this one on tv.

Shep
08-05-2009, 07:48 PM

North Stands, R10 S16.

:scarf:

dinminister
08-05-2009, 08:22 PM
does anyone know what time and what gate the real madrid players will be arriving at? (BMO field)

torontocelt
08-05-2009, 08:50 PM
Like others have said, this is a chance to see some of the worlds best players, players that have accomplished a lot in the game and players that will continue to flourish in time. Some of these guys are genuine superstars, they are players who will forever be remembered in football history. Guys like Ronaldo and Kaka are still young and have a long time to reinforce their impact in the game and I am excited at the prospect of seeing them play. For those not attending the game due to principles, well good for you, you have made your choice and I am sure you must be happy. I have made my choice and I can guarantee you all that I am going to have an awesome time.

Dbl_D
08-05-2009, 11:08 PM
Trane,

You just don't get it do you????

I'm a soccer lover and have passion for the game. I'm not going down to watch TFC who suck and can't beat a USL team. For that matter they probaly can't beat half of the teams in the CSL.
I'm going down to watch 2 of the best players in the world- C Ronaldo and Kaka. Also one of the most storied team in all of professional sports. This is a lifetime opportunity to watch these players and this team up close in a a small staduim. Who gives a fuck if it is an exhibition match.

You say you are concerned that one of our players may get hurt. Who ??? Barrett who can't score. Who Gerba who wighs 250 lbs and is out of breath after 10 minutes in a game. who Robinson or Brennan who can't play for shit. Who Valez who can't defend.

at the end of the day if a player on TFC gets injured all it will do is give you and the other find me an excuse supporters another excuse for when TFC misses the palyoffs. This team is terrible and it has nothing to do with the exhibition games or friendlies we are playing. The team is bad because they don't have quality players, they don't have an experienced coach and they have a poor excuse of a GM who has no direction or idea on how to build a team.

Having said this, it has nothing to do with going down abd seeing perhaps the best club team in the world with some of the best palyers in the world. So give it up. You talk like you know so much about football and been around the world to see matches in Europe nad yet now that we have RM in town your trash talking. Give it up. You know you will be watching on tv.

ps trane - this will be broadcast around the world on many sports news channels... good promo for T.O. and TFC...

English Rachel
08-06-2009, 07:40 AM
Like others have said, this is a chance to see some of the worlds best players, players that have accomplished a lot in the game and players that will continue to flourish in time. Some of these guys are genuine superstars, they are players who will forever be remembered in football history. Guys like Ronaldo and Kaka are still young and have a long time to reinforce their impact in the game and I am excited at the prospect of seeing them play. For those not attending the game due to principles, well good for you, you have made your choice and I am sure you must be happy. I have made my choice and I can guarantee you all that I am going to have an awesome time.

Agreed.

Jay P
08-06-2009, 07:47 AM
today im pure fanboy, wore my madrid jersey to work and heading to the open practice after. tomorrow its all about supporting the reds :)

Toronto_Bhoy
08-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Let's get 1 thing clear.

Once again Giambac, you are wrong.

It is pretty well documented that there are many (not only here) who couldn't give a rats ass about RM or this game. I am not going to watch the game, I've opted to save the $700 MLSE wanted and go out for dinner with my family. If the game had been priced at a point I deemed reasonable I probably would have gone...but I fail to see the value. This will be a glorified training session...similiar to the game in Ireland last week in which one of the "greatest" teams in the world beat a pub team 1-0 with a late goal...

To those who are true Real fans this is truly a great event for you...enjoy yourselves. To those others attending I hope you see a good match and feel at the end of the game you got value for your money.

-------------------------------------------------------

Oh and Kingpin, please don't come on here and tell people how to support their team. Everyone supports their club in their on unique way...you are no better a supporter than anyone else on this board.

You are more than entitled to your opinion on what makes a good supporter but don't belittle others for how they choose to.

If it was Newcastle playing Friday night...you'd be at BMO.

H Bomb
08-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Yeah its true. I really dont care that Real Madrid are here. They're great no doubt, but I dont have a desperate need to see them in the flesh. I wouldnt have bought tickets if they cost $20. If it was Birmingham then I'd pay whatever, and I dont fault a single Real fan for going to this game, but the casuals? I dont get that. I'm gonna ignore the game and if people have fun at the game then great, nothing wrong with fun.

English Rachel
08-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Yeah its true. I really dont care that Real Madrid are here. They're great no doubt, but I dont have a desperate need to see them in the flesh. I wouldnt have bought tickets if they cost $20. If it was Birmingham then I'd pay whatever, and I dont fault a single Real fan for going to this game, but the casuals? I dont get that. I'm gonna ignore the game and if people have fun at the game then great, nothing wrong with fun.

What about the lovers of the beautiful game?

Ladies Love Julius James
08-06-2009, 09:57 AM
What about the lovers of the beautiful game?

It's not footy that's for one. An indication would of been last night Barcelona vs Seattle Sounders. Possession was 99 to 1 and Barca just held possession and passed around trying not to embarrass them.

I have no problem with those paying to see Real Madrid though even their second squad talent is talent and to each is their own.

Kayed
08-06-2009, 10:03 AM
The price aside, I don't think I would have been able to stand the plastics at the game. I'll go to the practice and see the players, much better deal.

Mr. Bigby
08-06-2009, 10:24 AM
I'll be there as usual. Section 107, Row 7.

Wagner
08-06-2009, 12:07 PM
is this your attempt to get people all riled up?
Or is this you just simply being a troll?

it looks as though we'll never get an answer to that.....

raj100
08-06-2009, 12:26 PM
any1 going to todays open practice?

Jay P
08-06-2009, 12:36 PM
any1 going to todays open practice?

a few ppl are, check the prev. pages.

i'll be in 106

Redpunkfiddle
08-06-2009, 12:37 PM
it looks as though we'll never get an answer to that.....

Yep- RIP.

giambac
08-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Once again Giambac, you are wrong.

It is pretty well documented that there are many (not only here) who couldn't give a rats ass about RM or this game. I am not going to watch the game, I've opted to save the $700 MLSE wanted and go out for dinner with my family. If the game had been priced at a point I deemed reasonable I probably would have gone...but I fail to see the value. This will be a glorified training session...similiar to the game in Ireland last week in which one of the "greatest" teams in the world beat a pub team 1-0 with a late goal...

To those who are true Real fans this is truly a great event for you...enjoy yourselves. To those others attending I hope you see a good match and feel at the end of the game you got value for your money.

-------------------------------------------------------

Oh and Kingpin, please don't come on here and tell people how to support their team. Everyone supports their club in their on unique way...you are no better a supporter than anyone else on this board.

You are more than entitled to your opinion on what makes a good supporter but don't belittle others for how they choose to.

If it was Newcastle playing Friday night...you'd be at BMO.

The match is a sold out game. that means there are 21k + people who are interested in the game, so don't tell me there is no interest.

I couldn't give a shits ass if it's an exhibition match. Bottom line is that RM is filled with some of the best football players in the world. I'm going to watch them, not the TFC stiffs who for the most part couldn't carry their own jock straps and can't beat minor league teams from the USL, or for that matter score a goal on them.

RM is a real football team. A storied franchise, one of the top 3 teams in all football. That's what this is about. They aren't a mickey mouse team from Argentina or Mexico or England that MLSE has been bringing in over the past few years. This is a REAL (pardon the pun) team for a change

ExiledRed
08-06-2009, 01:17 PM
Giambac,

Why do you even support TFC?

Enjoy ejaculating over Kaka and Ronaldo like a giddy little schoolgirl who's never seen an elite footballer in the flesh before.

What a sap.

By the way, when Real scores on us, try not to cheer to fucking loudly.

ExiledRed
08-06-2009, 01:18 PM
once in a lifetime, my arse.

torontocelt
08-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Giambac,

Enjoy ejaculating over Kaka and Ronaldo like a giddy little schoolgirl who's never seen an elite footballer in the flesh before.

What a sap.

What exactly is wrong with getting excited about seeing world class footballers? Two guys that you have named are former footballers of the year. I just dont get it?

Boris
08-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Giambac,

What a sap.

ease up on the attacks like that....while i get your point (and dont argue it :D) we need to try to keep things positive

raj100
08-06-2009, 02:04 PM
whats the hate with the real madrid game? honestly mlse wants to cash grab tahts a fact.. but why are people so hurt when someone wants to shell out the money to go?

AL-MO
08-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Just saw this thread....there might be some individuals there, but RPB as a whole wont!

No banners, no flags nothing!

Enjoy the game folks.

giambac
08-06-2009, 02:12 PM
I don't get it. The game itself will be a record sellout for BMO field. the practice has sold over 16k seats. Yet their are ignorant, naive people on this forum who insist on saying this game has no interest, that it's a waste of time and couldn't be bothered to watch.

the numbers don't lie.

Like I said the people complaining are the ones who couldn't get their hands on tickets either due to the limited supply or the price range. Either way they are crying like babies trying to convince otheres that watching C Ronaldo , Kaka and others live in an intimate close up environment isn't worth it. They sound so ridiculous and if understood soccer at all would realize that they will probaly never see the likes of these players again in TO.

Shaughno
08-06-2009, 02:16 PM
I don't get it. The game itself will be a record sellout for BMO field. the practice has sold over 16k seats. Yet their are ignorant, naive people on this forum who insist on saying this game has no interest, that it's a waste of time and couldn't be bothered to watch.

the numbers don't lie.

Like I said the people complaining are the ones who couldn't get their hands on tickets either due to the limited supply or the price range. Either way they are crying like babies trying to convince otheres that watching C Ronaldo , Kaka and others live in an intimate close up environment isn't worth it. They sound so ridiculous and if understood soccer at all would realize that they will probaly never see the likes of these players again in TO.

You are just as annoying as the people complaining, I hope you realize that.

I'm not going, I opted out of buying my tickets and don't regret it. Would I like to see them play? Sure, but it's principle for me. Moving a league game and putting down real grass to accomodate a team for a friendly? Sorry, fuck off I'm not down with that shit.

Personally, I don't care if people paid the money to see the game. Good for those that did, that's their choice not mine, but your incesant ramblings are beyong annoying and most of the time, aside from one good point, it's filled with onesided bullshit anyways. Enjoy your overpriced match folks.

Jeffro
08-06-2009, 02:22 PM
This thread is a microcosm for why I steer clear of this board now.

Boris
08-06-2009, 02:22 PM

at least you have that choice...i mod this stuff :(

Dave67
08-06-2009, 02:24 PM
The issue with this game is this (or something close to this). Last season we had to play a game with a member of the TFC office staff because we had so many players hurt and on international duty. MLS does not move game dates.

This year MLS agreed to change a date (NYRB) to accomodate TFC playing Real Madrid. Forcing us to play last year with so many hardships and then allowing a move this year of a game does not sit well with many people. Added to this they changed the schedule this year for a friendly.

I am convinced that had we been accomodated last year the anger would not have been so large this year.

I was pissed off when this was announced. However, my wife wants to go so I am going. So I guess this means I am not a 'true supporter'. I can live with it.

eustacchio
08-06-2009, 02:25 PM

I was going to say that's why I stay away from the Toronto FC forum (which is unfortunate considering Toronto FC is the reason we're all supposed to be here).

It can be comical as long as you don't feel the urge to respond.

giambac
You are just as annoying as the people complaining, I hope you realize that.

I'm not going, I opted out of buying my tickets and don't regret it. Would I like to see them play? Sure, but it's principle for me. Moving a league game and putting down real grass to accomodate a team for a friendly? Sorry, fuck off I'm not down with that shit.

Personally, I don't care if people paid the money to see the game. Good for those that did, that's their choice not mine, but your incesant ramblings are beyong annoying and most of the time, aside from one good point, it's filled with onesided bullshit anyways. Enjoy your overpriced match folks.

Shaughno,

you are the one who is annoying and acting like a baby. The thread is a roll call for those who are attnding the RM match. why are you even on this thread or posting on it. The threads purpose is not to get your views or displeasure on the match. So why are you rambling on it. If you don't like the match or care for it great. Other real soccer lovers do care for it.

I'm sorry that your poor feelings were hurt becasue TFC had to move or change a league match so they could bring a world class team to Toronto. Get over it. If things like that bother and consume you then WOW there is nothing else to say.
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Flipityflu
personally, i'm looking forward to seeing this game. i just won't give up the chance to spend 45 minutes abusing ronaldo.

however, i will say i'm a bit disapointed that a supporters group that is supposed to bleed TFC red seems to have so little use with this. in the end, its Toronto FC that is playing, and i would have thought that its most ardent supporters would have been involved. i think its a little sad that there is a good chance that BMO will be like a home game for a visiting team.

each to our own i guess.

Boris
08-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Shaughno,

you are the one who is annoying and acting like a baby. The thread is a roll call for those who are attnding the RM match. why are you even on this thread or posting on it. The threads purpose is not to get your views or displeasure on the match. So why are you rambling on it. If you don't like the match or care for it great. Other real soccer lovers do care for it.

I'm sorry that your poor feelings were hurt becasue TFC had to move or change a league match so they could bring a world class team to Toronto. Get over it. If things like that bother and consume you then WOW there is nothing else to say.

ok , before this gets de-railed some more. To point out the irony, youve done this MANY TIMES!!!!

so ease up chill out and lets stay on topic

Shaughno
08-06-2009, 02:27 PM
:rofl: I make one post and I'm the one annoyed and crying? :rofl: Sweet.

werewolf
08-06-2009, 02:28 PM

I didn't realize TFC existed to play meaningless spectacles against teams from around the world. I had always imagined they had like a league to play in, and win trophies and championships etc. But I guess I missed the boat completely on that one.

Thanks for clearing that up chief.

Here is to John Carver, future Italian National team coach. :drinking::drinking:

Mr. Bigby
08-06-2009, 02:32 PM
It strikes me that every comment so far has been about us as supporters/fans of the team - either for or against. I don't think that there has been one comment about the players themselves, other than to rail against the chance of an injury, or how outclassed they will be.

Yes, it's the middle of the season with the playoffs on the line and the possibility of a serious injury, and yes, the Reds will likely be outplayed by RM. However I suspect that each member of the Reds is eager to step on the field and play against some of the best that Europe - hell, the world - has to offer. They all have their pride and they all have their dreams. Some are at the end of their careers, and some are just starting out. For most, MLS represents the highest level of advancement that they will reach, while others either have played or will play at a higher level. For all of them this game is an opportunity to test themselves and dream of what was, what will be, or what could have been. Good on them, and good luck to them. I hope they have a great time, and I will be happy to be there to support them.

Shep
08-06-2009, 02:38 PM
I didn't realize TFC existed to play meaningless spectacles against teams from around the world. I had always imagined they had like a league to play in, and win trophies and championships etc. But I guess I missed the boat completely on that one.

Thanks for clearing that up chief.

Here is to John Carver, future Italian National team coach. :drinking::drinking:

Meaningless to YOU. But regardless, this isn't the thread for that argument.

This is a roll call.

Pretty simple concept.

I'm amazed at how people just can't help themselves and have to inject their opinions into every thread.

Roogsy
08-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Well this thread was meant to be a roll call but it's degraded into something that doesn't even come close to resembling one.

Cblake, if you would like to take another attempt at this, give it a go. That one will NOT be allowed to degrade into this.

This one however, is closed.

jabbronies
08-06-2009, 02:50 PM
If it were Man U. I'd be there. Even if the price was 125$
I chose not to go to this game because I fucking hate Douchiano Ronaldo and Real Madrid mean nothing to me.

I don't think the supporters groups and the vibe they bring wil be there. I think when people are saying there is no interest, i think they mean from the supporters groups as a whole.

Yes it is sold out, but it won't be a stadium of TFC fans. I have friends (12 girls) who can't even name a Real Madrid player outside of Ronaldo! They paid 200$-ish to go and see ronaldo for fuck sakes! i also have a bunch of friends (5 dudes) who are die hard Real madrid fans who are going to this game, to support Real Madrid, jerseys and all.

From a TFC stand point, "no one cares". This game is all about Real Madrid.

Cashcleaner
08-06-2009, 10:41 PM

the numbers don't lie.

Like I said the people complaining are the ones who couldn't get their hands on tickets either due to the limited supply or the price range. Either way they are crying like babies trying to convince others that watching C Ronaldo , Kaka and others live in an intimate close up environment isn't worth it. They sound so ridiculous and if understood soccer at all would realize that they will probably never see the likes of these players again in TO.

Giambac, are you really as stupid as you sound right now, or trying extra hard to sound like an idiot? I gotta ask because your argument reads like a 7-year old's.

Myself as well as a multitude of other season ticket holders here on the boards were given first crack at the tickets. If I wanted to, I could have easily paid for a seat to watch the game and I'm sure many others could have as well. The thing is though, I've had my fill of Real Madrid after living in Europe for a few years. The team just doesn't really excite me all that much and no, for me it's not worth the cost to see them play here in Toronto. What sort of argument are you making here? Something must be wrong with me for not going because 16,000+ others are? How should the overall sale of tickets have any impact on my level of interest?

The reality is many people simply don't give a shit about who goes or what happens at the game, while you on the other hand seem incredibly interested in those of us that are taking a pass on it.

Relax man. Some people just don't want to go to the game. Simple as that.