PDA

View Full Version : Behind the scences with MO JHONSTON.... ???

ua-kozak_TFC
08-04-2009, 03:36 PM
wow... what a bunch of crap... just a strategy to bull shit the fans...

but I guess it works.. because a lot of you still believe in this loser of MO and want an extension...

I can;t take this whinning from MO...
All this video is about oohh how dificult life is in MO land.. how it sucks to be a canadian team... and no youth system like that of NHL/NFL/NBA

4:08 .... Payed off in the first year???...WOW NO comment...
6:20 " The die hard fans will understand but those casual fans that just want tfc to win and make the play offs ...(nice stab at the fans by the way...."blah blha blah somethign about the rules and MLS and how hard it is.... CRY ME FREAKING river...
Sounders are doing some how.... they are at a better place than we are... stronger bench stronger first 11... and i think they have a smaller cap than we have...

JUST for the record... i have been a TFC fan since day 1... even when they didn;t know the name yet and they were thinking to make it Inter toronto FC... before this douche of mo came on board or any of the players.... I know TFC's squad like my own palm and follow everygame...i wouldn;t call that a "casual fan" ...Just As the others on these boards that feel that Mo's is plain and simply put INCOMPETENT... I think that comment (6:20) was disrespectful to all the fans out there...

Parkdale
08-04-2009, 03:41 PM
is this a GOL TV video, or one from TFC TC?

it's easier to hear the rant when we have a quick link to the video.

Section 117
08-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Mo is a douche of epic proportions !!!!!

If he wasn't busy blowing MLSE board maybe he realize that this team has some serious flaws

Parkdale
08-04-2009, 03:43 PM
If he wasn't busy blowing MLSE board....

okay guys.....

personal attacks will not be tolerated. LINK TO THE RULES (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=14963)

you can criticize his work with the team, his position, his experience etc etc etc....

but this is NOT the place to take personal post shots, especially ones calling him gay. (??) that's over the line.

Shep
08-04-2009, 03:48 PM

If he wasn't busy blowing MLSE board maybe he realize that this team has some serious flaws

I'm still not sure why I am supposed to hate Mo.

Team has steadily improved since day 1, and we are only 2/3 through the 3rd season. He seems to have a good head about bringing in talent, and this may not be down to him, but TFC supporters get some of the best treatment from their own club, at least compared to the rest of the MLS.

What are the 'serious' flaws? I agree there are areas that need a bit of fixing, but I don't see the situation as dire as you do.

Just curious what the main issues people have with Mo are.

Belfast_Boy
08-04-2009, 03:58 PM
I don't get it either. I think he's building a team in a difficult league and an even more difficult market (see the Toronto Blizzard).
we get players that can't make it in England, Spain, Italy...etc. so we have to make do with older, younger or less skilled players. face it, who wants to come to Toronto and play on that weird carpet when they could play at Anfield or Old Trafford? hell, we have a hard time getting Canadians to play for Canada (see Owen Hargraves).
Mo is doing a fine job. building a team from the ground up including an academy. Give the guy a break.

craigtfc
08-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Sounders are doing good because they had that team i think 9 years before they entered the mls so there cemistry was already there. With Toronto FC we had to build a team from scratch, the sloppy secondes of the mls if you will. so be patient, it will all come together sooner then later.

H Bomb
08-04-2009, 04:15 PM
okay guys.....

personal attacks will not be tolerated. LINK TO THE RULES (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=14963)

you can criticize his work with the team, his position, his experience etc etc etc....

but this is NOT the place to take personal post shots, especially ones calling him gay. (??) that's over the line.

Who are you to say MLSE is a dude.....they could collectively be a chick....with a dick

The Kingpin
08-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Parkdale......... Oh, forget it.... everyone knows.

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-04-2009, 04:29 PM
I thinks there's every reason to feel that in some respects Mo could have done better in assembling a team, but not sure why everyone hates him so much?

At the very least, he's an entertaining personality to have associated with the team, something I think other MLS teams lack badly. I mean look at Bruce Arena, it's like Nyquil and homely woman had a child.

H Bomb
08-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Parkdale......... Oh, forget it.... everyone knows.

What, that he's a great guy that isnt talked poorly of by anyone who's met him....agreed.

ExiledRed
08-04-2009, 04:36 PM
I'm pretty sure Mo can handle a few 'personal attacks' (Since long before he came to MLS)

Seriously Parkdale, The personal attacks rule extends to media figures who don't post directly on this board?

And the comment about 'blowing the board' was hardly homophobic, it was meant to infer something else entirely and you know it.

Come on, get a grip.

Lennon
08-04-2009, 04:38 PM
LOL @ Poll ....

rocker
08-04-2009, 04:38 PM
wow... what a bunch of crap... just a strategy to bull shit the fans...

but I guess it works.. because a lot of you still believe in this loser of MO and want an extension...

I can;t take this whinning from MO...
All this video is about oohh how dificult life is in MO land.. how it sucks to be a canadian team... and no youth system like that of NHL/NFL/NBA

4:08 .... Payed off in the first year???...WOW NO comment...
6:20 " The die hard fans will understand but those casual fans that just want tfc to win and make the play offs ...(nice stab at the fans by the way...."blah blha blah somethign about the rules and MLS and how hard it is.... CRY ME FREAKING river...
Sounders are doing some how.... they are at a better place than we are... stronger bench stronger first 11... and i think they have a smaller cap than we have...

JUST for the record... i have been a TFC fan since day 1... even when they didn;t know the name yet and they were thinking to make it Inter toronto FC... before this douche of mo came on board or any of the players.... I know TFC's squad like my own palm and follow everygame...i wouldn;t call that a "casual fan" ...Just As the others on these boards that feel that Mo's is plain and simply put INCOMPETENT... I think that comment (6:20) was disrespectful to all the fans out there...

Run spellcheck and get back to me on this issue ;)

p.s. I want to get behind the scenes with Andi Petrillo.

rocker
08-04-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm pretty sure Mo can handle a few 'personal attacks' (Since long before he came to MLS)

Technically, the target can sue the person, and perhaps the board itself, for personal attacks.

The laws of libel only extend honest criticism so far. When it gets to the point of condemning someone's character/sexual orientation etc., bringing someone into disrepute, it's libel.

I've heard of boards getting shut down for this very reason...

And we have those laws for a good reason. To keep people to fair criticism with facts and all that.

ua-kozak_TFC
08-04-2009, 04:42 PM
is this a GOL TV video, or one from TFC TC?

it's easier to hear the rant when we have a quick link to the video.
TFC TV...

prizby
08-04-2009, 04:43 PM
i saw parkdale on goltv lol

ua-kozak_TFC
08-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Sounders are doing good because they had that team i think 9 years before they entered the mls so there cemistry was already there. With Toronto FC we had to build a team from scratch, the sloppy secondes of the mls if you will. so be patient, it will all come together sooner then later.

^ if you could back it up that woould be more credible i htink they have like 3 or 4 players from the counders... of which i think one or 2 are starters... so yea chemistry already there don;t think just someone who know SOCCEr...

Beach_Red
08-04-2009, 04:46 PM

Seriously Parkdale, The personal attacks rule extends to media figures who don't post directly on this board?

And the comment about 'blowing the board' was hardly homophobic, it was meant to infer something else entirely and you know it.

Come on, get a grip.

Yes, "blowing the board," would have been "brown nosing" years ago, it isn't homophobic.

But people might want to ask themselves if they'd say these things to Mo's kids because sometimes they may be on here.

ua-kozak_TFC
08-04-2009, 04:48 PM
I thinks there's every reason to feel that in some respects Mo could have done better in assembling a team, but not sure why everyone hates him so much?

At the very least, he's an entertaining personality to have associated with the team, something I think other MLS teams lack badly. I mean look at Bruce Arena, it's like Nyquil and homely woman had a child.
i could wipe my ass with hiss entretaining personallity... I;d rather have a low key like the houston coach or NE coach. or even Sigi who delivers.. rather than a carismatic guy who does shit alll....

ua-kozak_TFC
08-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Run spellcheck and get back to me on this issue ;)

p.s. I want to get behind the scenes with Andi Petrillo.
If this was an english class.. you were my proff and it was an assignment... for sure... on an internet board...REALLY?

Beach_Red
08-04-2009, 04:52 PM
i could wipe my ass with hiss entretaining personallity... I;d rather have a low key like the houston coach or NE coach. or even Sigi who delivers.. rather than a carismatic guy who does shit alll....

The Houston coach, sure, I agree, but I don't believe you would be supporting Mo if his record in Championship games was 0-4.

At 0-2 you'd be screaming he should be fired. 0-3 you'd be over the top and by 0-4 you'd have given up on the team completely and started following roller derby.

ExiledRed
08-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Technically, the target can sue the person, and perhaps the board itself, for personal attacks.

The laws of libel only extend honest criticism so far. When it gets to the point of condemning someone's character/sexual orientation etc., bringing someone into disrepute, it's libel.

And we have those laws for a good reason. To keep people to fair criticism with facts and all that.

I've never heard such crap in my life.

With reference to Section 117's statement, there's not a hope in hell of succesful legal action against this board, or even the individual poster.

We're not talking libel or slander here, were talking insults of an analogous nature.

Jeez, I imagine every humourist, political commentator, columnist and anybody else who's called someone a 'brown-noser,' should be sweating bullets.

ua-kozak_TFC
08-04-2009, 04:54 PM

hahahaha this is an opinion board... And if they had to prosecute everyone for everytime somebody had something untrue about a person well.... you get the idea. I thinnk the reason the rules are set up so there are no personal attacks and name calling between users which might escalade to fights and what not and disrupt the flow of the board itself.... rather than afraid of being shut down...

ExiledRed
08-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Yes, "blowing the board," would have been "brown nosing" years ago, it isn't homophobic.

exactly. Nobody thinks or is meant to think that MO is actually under the table delivering fellatio to board members of MLSE, there is no question of slander or libel here.

rocker
08-04-2009, 04:57 PM
I've never heard such crap in my life.

With reference to Section 117's statement, there's not a hope in hell of succesful legal action against this board, or even the individual poster.

We're not talking libel or slander here, were talking insults of an analogous nature.

Jeez, I imagine every humourist, political commentator, columnist and anybody else who's called someone a 'brown-noser,' should be sweating bullets.

You obviously don't know the law of libel...

Let me give you a short lesson, from journalism school.

Public figures can face fair criticism based on facts and reasonable opinions. Political commentators fall into that category.

Another lesson for you: Insults do not test that case, and bring a person's character into disrepute. That's libel. And political commentators have been sued for personal insults that bring someone's character into disrepute in the eyes of the public.

Also, another tip for you -- libel and slander are two different things legally.

Saying the following is libel, and if I ran this board I'd be very careful in letting this stuff go, since someday it'll go too far and somebody will sue if it gets out of hand, particularly given the popularity and publicness of this board.....:

If he wasn't busy blowing MLSE board

ua-kozak_TFC
08-04-2009, 04:57 PM
The Houston coach, sure, I agree, but I don't believe you would be supporting Mo if his record in Championship games was 0-4.

At 0-2 you'd be screaming he should be fired. 0-3 you'd be over the top and by 0-4 you'd have given up on the team completely and started following roller derby.
hahahah... well so far mo;s record is 0-2 for play off runs. and all seems to be 0-3 at the end of the season... unless the teams enters a major winning streak....So hell yea;d take losing 4 mls finals in a row rather than not getting into the play offs..

ua-kozak_TFC
08-04-2009, 05:03 PM
Saying the following is libel, and if I ran this board I'd be very careful in letting this stuff go, since someday it'll go too far and somebody will sue if it gets out of hand, particularly given the popularity and publicness of this board.....:

I actually believe that this statement metaphoricaly is quiete acurate...so that wound't actually be difamation of character or whatever you say it is...

Beach_Red
08-04-2009, 05:04 PM
hahahah... well so far mo;s record is 0-2 for play off runs. and all seems to be 0-3 at the end of the season... unless the teams enters a major winning streak....So hell yea;d take losing 4 mls finals in a row rather than not getting into the play offs..

I just think there are a lot of other guys who could run the team - the New England coach took over in their sixth season and they'd already been in the playoffs twice and since then they haven't won anything. That's not good enough either and we shouldn't be satisfied with that here.

ExiledRed
08-04-2009, 05:07 PM
You obviously don't know the law of libel...

Let me give you a short lesson, from journalism school.

Public figures can face fair criticism based on facts and reasonable opinions. Political commentators fall into that category.

Another lesson for you: Insults do not test that case, and bring a person's character into disrepute. That's libel. And political commentators have been sued for personal insults that bring someone's character into disrepute in the eyes of the public.

Also, another tip for you -- libel and slander are two different things legally.

Ok teach,

You keep splitting pubic hairs on your floating pedestal and the real world can spin beneath you.

Freedom of speech and expression is obviously under attack, and people like yourself attempting to validate such ridiculous literalism, make me sick.

Good night, and please don't sue me.

ua-kozak_TFC
08-04-2009, 05:09 PM
I just think there are a lot of other guys who could run the team - the New England coach took over in their sixth season and they'd already been in the playoffs twice and since then they haven't won anything. That's not good enough either and we shouldn't be satisfied with that here.
LOL do you hear yourself?

You are critisizing Steve Nichols... for not winning a championship game yet he has made the playoffs every year i believe something that mo hasn;t done yet WOW.... and somehow Mo meets your expectation while nichols doeesn;t.... just WOW...

Beach_Red
08-04-2009, 05:17 PM
LOL do you hear yourself?

You are critisizing Steve Nichols... for not winning a championship game yet he has made the playoffs every year i believe something that mo hasn;t done yet WOW.... and somehow Mo meets your expectation while nichols doeesn;t.... just WOW...

Where did I say Mo meets my expectations? All I said was NIETHER does Nicols. I like the idea of trying to get Kinnear. I would have liked to have signed Sigi Schmidt.

In fact, what I said was, "I think there are a lot of other guys who could run the team."

This place loves Nicols too much, that's all. People get too caught up on personalities. I want someone who can win it all and I don't want to bring in yet another guy who can't, what's the point?

Hitcho
08-04-2009, 05:19 PM
The Mo issue is gettig very boring now. We've had countless threads on this. Some people think he;s the worst GM in history and that he's done nothing for TFC except bad or stupid things. They also don't like him personally.

Others take a more reasoned view and balance the progress he's made against the issues he still needs to tackle and do so in the context of the market that TFC is working in and the MLS rule book.

These two sets of people will never agree on their positions.

I think that basically sums up the entire Mo issue.

Cheers.

Hitcho
08-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Ok people, it's Steve NICOL. No h, no s. Clear? Good... :D:D:D

AL-MO
08-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Agreed Hitcho.

ua-kozak_TFC
08-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Where did I say Mo meets my expectations? All I said was NIETHER does Nicols. I like the idea of trying to get Kinnear. I would have liked to have signed Sigi Schmidt.

In fact, what I said was, "I think there are a lot of other guys who could run the team."

This place loves Nicols too much, that's all. People get too caught up on personalities. I want someone who can win it all and I don't want to bring in yet another guy who can't, what's the point?
I would change steve nichols for MO in a heart beat.... puttin Mo and Nichols in the same cathegory is just mind blowing... Not that I am some fan of his or anything... but just judging by their record... NIchols is way better Not saying he is Gus Hiddik or anything just way much better and propapbly a more suitable and more plausible option than the hustone coach...
Man if we made the play off finals every year... u don;t think anybody would call for his head... it would be just dissapointing but i think people would rather make the play off than not make it at all...

ua-kozak_TFC
08-04-2009, 05:45 PM
The Mo issue is gettig very boring now. We've had countless threads on this. Some people think he;s the worst GM in history and that he's done nothing for TFC except bad or stupid things. They also don't like him personally.

Others take a more reasoned view and balance the progress he's made against the issues he still needs to tackle and do so in the context of the market that TFC is working in and the MLS rule book.

These two sets of people will never agree on their positions.

I think that basically sums up the entire Mo issue.

Cheers.
To tell you the truth... I don;t think he is like the worst coach in the HYSTORY of soccer.... NOT ALL the things he has done have been horrible... BUt hey even the clock is right twice a day...(or however that saying goes) my point is the following: If we don;t make the play offs this year.... He should be sacked.... just as plain and simple as that we should be looking for some fresh air... Because i don;t think he can ever make us competitive...

Beach_Red
08-04-2009, 05:48 PM
I would change steve nichols for MO in a heart beat.... puttin Mo and Nichols in the same cathegory is just mind blowing... Not that I am some fan of his or anything... but just judging by their record... NIchols is way better Not saying he is Gus Hiddik or anything just way much better and propapbly a more suitable and more plausible option than the hustone coach...
Man if we made the play off finals every year... u don;t think anybody would call for his head... it would be just dissapointing but i think people would rather make the play off than not make it at all...

Well, it seems you've lowered your standards since the season started. Sure, we want to make the playoffs but we don't want to stop there. That's just not good enough and let's not start talking like it is or the next guy won't worry about winning it all, either.

I can't compare Nicol (thanks Hitch) and Mo because Nicol didn't build a team from scratch, he took over a team that had already been to the playoffs. I would expect him to get to the next step of winning it, rather than just doing what the coach before him did.

Hitcho
08-04-2009, 05:51 PM
To tell you the truth... I don;t think he is like the worst coach in the HYSTORY of soccer.... NOT ALL the things he has done have been horrible... BUt hey even the clock is right twice a day...(or however that saying goes) my point is the following: If we don;t make the play offs this year.... He should be sacked.... just as plain and simple as that we should be looking for some fresh air... Because i don;t think he can ever make us competitive...

A) you're just proving my point re the broken record on Mo

B) it's Steve NICOL (for such a strong footie fan you should know that)

Oldtimer
08-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Time to close this thread.

Seriously, this is not a real poll, and the comments are going down hill fast.