PDA

View Full Version : Curtis Onalfo

gracos
08-04-2009, 08:13 AM
According to www.mlsnet.com (http://www.mlsnet.com), Curtis Onalfo was released as Head Coach of Kansas City.

The Kansas City Wizards announced Monday that the team has dismissed Head Coach Curt Onalfo. The Wizards will announce an Interim Head Coach Tuesday at the team's Swope Park Training Center after the players have been addressed following an off-day Monday

His record for the club was 27-29-22

Should we look at getting him signed as our new Head Coach or should we wait and still go after another coach in the future, or is Chris Cummins our coach until he gets sacked. What do you think?

Cas87
08-04-2009, 08:24 AM
WHy is this up?
CC has done fine so far considering he doesn't even have a full squad
wait until the end of the season, don't have a hair-trigger :picard:

jabbronies
08-04-2009, 08:36 AM
No thanks. This guy isn't an improvement on CC.
If we are going to change coaches it needs to be someone who has a good resume as a coach. MLS vet would be nice, but anyone who is a proven winner will do.

Yohan
08-04-2009, 08:57 AM
Paul Mariner (current assistant of Steve Nicol at NE Revolution) anyone?

former England international striker with plenty of experience in MLS. he could be next Dominic Kinnear. resume is good enough to warrant a shot at head coach

Pachuco
08-04-2009, 09:07 AM

former England international striker with plenty of experience in MLS. he could be next Dominic Kinnear. resume is good enough to warrant a shot at head coach

Yeah, I heard when the commentators said that during the game as well ;)

Yohan
08-04-2009, 09:13 AM
Yeah, I heard when the commentators said that during the game as well ;)
actually, his name has been floating around kinda in the background whenever an MLS team needs a new coach for a while ;)

BuSaPuNk
08-04-2009, 10:19 AM

I would love us to pick up Mariner he is a quality coach and has the abilitiy to excel in the MLS as gaffer. I would still like CC to get almost a full shot though for the rest of this year. No playoffs CC goes back to assisstant or is fired. I would love for him and Dasovic to stay on if any other head coach is hired. They have both done a great job in there new roles as well as assisting Carver.