PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's game

nimamalek
08-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Might have just been me, but that was the worst refed game i've watched since the Chile-Argentina U20 semi. You had 2-3 shoulder to shoulder calls going against Marvell, 2-3 clean tackles by the Sanyang that were called againsts him, the 2 none penalty calls, 3-4 clear fouls on Gerba and Dero that were missed and countless 50-50 calls that went against TFC. You can tell when Robo starts mouthing the ref off that the games not being called well. I am starting to suspect that the league is trying to help the weaker markets by giving them calls, always easier to draw fans to a stadium when the team is winning.

prizby
08-03-2009, 03:48 PM
there is a post game thread already

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-03-2009, 03:49 PM
I agree it was a terrible displaying of refereeing, but it went both ways. I doubt the MLS is clever enough to get involved in match fixing, they can barely run the league.

nimamalek
08-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Sorry should have made it more clear, asking if its possible that the refs are calling the games in favour of certain weaker markets, not specific to this weekends games. Remember this is a league that doesnt care about a single team but the health of the entire league as a whole

nimamalek
08-03-2009, 03:52 PM
I agree it was a terrible displaying of refereeing, but it went both ways. I doubt the MLS is clever enough to get involved in match fixing, they can barely run the league.

not sure how you could make that statement really, almost every 50-50 call went against us, there was definetly a penalty for Barret in the first as well

Yohan
08-03-2009, 03:53 PM
you're going to have to come up with better evidence than some conspiracy theory

believe it or not, but TFC has been getting more calls in our favour than past years