PDA

View Full Version : Dwayne De Rosario

TFC07
08-02-2009, 11:06 PM
He is having one of the best seasons ever in his MLS career.

Just look at his stats:

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/players/bio.jsp?team=t280&player=derosario_d&playerId=der474619&statType=career

He still got like 12 games left. He needs to score 3 more goals to tie his season-career high for goals scored.

DeRo is our MVP this season.

:scarf:

CretanBull
08-02-2009, 11:16 PM
DeRo is our MVP this season.

:scarf:

No question....

Super
08-02-2009, 11:23 PM
The man is incredible. He is constantly involved in the play and is always a danger. He even manages to run back to defend as well. Clearly he plays with his heart above anyone else. He loves this city, and this club, and it shows.

dupont
08-02-2009, 11:23 PM
He is my favorite player.

TorCanSoc
08-02-2009, 11:26 PM
The heart just shows when he plays. He's going to score 2 in Puerto Rico I feel it.

Yohan
08-02-2009, 11:26 PM
I love DeRo, but please. no more suicide runs trying to take 3 or 4 defenders at once

TFC07
08-02-2009, 11:27 PM
The man is incredible. He is constantly involved in the play and is always a danger. He even manages to run back to defend as well. Clearly he plays with his heart above anyone else. He loves this city, and this club, and it shows.

That is why DeRo should be captain of this team, not Jimmy B.

TFC07
08-02-2009, 11:28 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=196&pictureid=1624

Nice!!!

barca99
08-02-2009, 11:47 PM
De Ro is playing better than I ever gave him credit for, but I'm still not convinced that De Ro is playing the proper position (that can be also said about many of the players on TFC - Barret, Vitti, Brennan to name a few). I think he is acually an out and out striker, and he works great with Gerba. I would love to see him up front with Ali to see how it works.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-03-2009, 12:00 AM
He is my favorite player.

in the world, seriously.
totally homer and i dont care.
worst part is ive been calling for him to come home (along with a billion other people) and when he finally does im out of the country for a year.

Shakes McQueen
08-03-2009, 12:13 AM
omg he is so overrated lol. more liek duane de cantscorio.

RED UNTIL I DIE!

- Scott

Pachuco
08-03-2009, 12:49 AM
Dero carries this team. Without him we would be nothing. I am gratefull to get to watch this guy play for the reds.

dupont
08-03-2009, 08:04 AM
worst part is ive been calling for him to come home (along with a billion other people) and when he finally does im out of the country for a year.

Woah! I feel for you! I love watching him play here! Where do you live now?

I had to live away from Toronto for a year myself and I was homesick like hell. (lived in London, England for that time) .. but I'm back home and happy now though! :canada:

Ossington Mental Youth
08-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Woah! I feel for you! I love watching him play here! Where do you live now?

I had to live away from Toronto for a year myself and I was homesick like hell. (lived in London, England for that time) .. but I'm back home and happy now though! :canada:

in korea teaching english, ill be back in Dec but it sucks to miss the whole season (im living vicariously through my old man and my buddies)

FluSH
08-03-2009, 08:24 AM
He's carrying this team on his back...

boysblue
08-03-2009, 09:15 AM
He is my MVP up this point.

Maybe I should not bother too much with the future, but TFC's two most talented players (Dero and Guevara) are also two of the oldest....both in early 30s, I believe. Can either be expected to maintain their current high level of play in the next couple of years?

Ah well, not to worry....I am all too certain that Super MO has it figured out going forward. :)

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-03-2009, 09:19 AM
He's carrying this team on his back...

The reason why we get by the ISALNDERS on weds!!!:hump:

Roogsy
08-03-2009, 10:20 AM
That is why DeRo should be captain of this team, not Jimmy B.

Jimmy needs to recognize what's going on around him and voluntarily give him the band. It would avoid any politics about taking it away from him. BUt at the end of the day, DeRo is showing the way by leading it himself. He's a monster. He's one of the bright spots on this team. His consistency is there game in and game out.

prizby
08-03-2009, 10:25 AM
^who cares

jimmy will be gone soon prolly

Yohan
08-03-2009, 10:36 AM
He is my MVP up this point.

Maybe I should not bother too much with the future, but TFC's two most talented players (Dero and Guevara) are also two of the oldest....both in early 30s, I believe. Can either be expected to maintain their current high level of play in the next couple of years?

Ah well, not to worry....I am all too certain that Super MO has it figured out going forward. :)
I believe DeRo is 31, so he's got few good years left. I expect he'd start dropping off at 33 or so.

Guevara is 33 and his game should start declining soon. Although because he's a playmaker and not a player who relies on pace, as long as his passing is there, he should be effective player. Question is whether he wants to be a 90min player...

Shakes McQueen
08-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Jimmy needs to recognize what's going on around him and voluntarily give him the band. It would avoid any politics about taking it away from him. BUt at the end of the day, DeRo is showing the way by leading it himself. He's a monster. He's one of the bright spots on this team. His consistency is there game in and game out.

I suggested this at the beginning of the season, and everyone shot me down, haha.

- Scott

Roogsy
08-03-2009, 05:14 PM
At the beginning of the season didn't make sense. We needed to wait to see what impact he has had. Obviously at the moment he is showing the team what he's made of. He is singularly grabbing the team by the scruff of the neck and dragging them kicking and screaming into the playoffs. Unfortunately, it may not be enough.

I would say whatever happens this season, in the off season, Jimmy should show his class and give up the armband.

TFC USA
08-03-2009, 05:28 PM
But DeRo missed a penalty and is selfish so despite having 8 goals in MLS play he sucks and we should give him back to Houston. :rolleyes:

Roogsy
08-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Mighty? Is that you? LOL!

Shakes McQueen
08-03-2009, 05:55 PM
omg he is so overrated lol. more liek duane de cantscorio.

RED UNTIL I DIE!

- Scott

What about this? Did no one notice my mighty_torontofc impression?

Thanks a lot guys. I even used poor spelling.

- Scott

TFC USA
08-03-2009, 05:58 PM
It was so realistic we thought it was actually him. :D

Dirk Diggler
08-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Lets leave the captaincy issue alone. With all the myriad of issues hounding the team, the last thing we need is potential locker room tension. Jimmy is more than likely gone next season anyways so the arm band won't have to be taken from him.