PDA

View Full Version : Amadou Sanyang

Yohan
08-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Sounds like TFC is grooming him to be a DM

opinions?

Moe911
08-02-2009, 10:52 PM
Future DM. Possibly robinsons replacement for next season.

TFC07
08-02-2009, 10:57 PM
I thought Sam Cronin was going to be future DM for TFC?

Yohan
08-02-2009, 10:58 PM
I thought Sam Cronin was going to be future DM for TFC?
more CM than DM

I think Cronin has some good offensive potential that needs to be developed

prizby
08-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Robo will be with this team for another 2 years, then he gets his citizenship, which means keeping him around longer is worth something :)

TorCanSoc
08-02-2009, 11:18 PM
Sanyang hasn't played enough for me to render an opinion about him.

Robbo... he's a great professional, a great guy, but I don't think he'll be signed next year.

dupont
08-02-2009, 11:29 PM
First I would like to thank God! Now as for my opinion, I think he looks confident so far but it will really take some time to see what he can do.

DoubleUp
08-03-2009, 12:11 AM
I think the Gambian kids cant afford to shit the bed, literally!. If given the oppertunity they'll snatch.

Shakes McQueen
08-03-2009, 12:14 AM
Glad to hear it. Versatility is always a good thing when it comes to wafer-thin MLS rosters.

- Scott

westrouge
08-03-2009, 01:28 AM
First I would like to thank God! Now as for my opinion, I think he looks confident so far but it will really take some time to see what he can do.

Ahaahahaha. First of all...

Blizzard
08-03-2009, 02:52 AM
Robo will be with this team for another 2 years, then he gets his citizenship, which means keeping him around longer is worth something :)

I don't know man. He was so close to going home after last season. I'd be shocked if he is here next year.

It's been a tumultuous year.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-03-2009, 04:41 AM
I gotta say ill be a bit surprised if hes around next year at his salary too after this year.
I can see him stay if he takes a cut or if he retires and coaches but otherwise i kinda feel that its unlikely

FluSH
08-03-2009, 09:15 AM
more CM than DM

I think Cronin has some good offensive potential that needs to be developed

+1...

Shway
08-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Sanyang would be stronger at DM then Cronin,
Sammie is to week, and wouldnt win balls at the DM,
I personally dont even think Cronin is a starter

Darlofletch
08-03-2009, 12:59 PM
Lu-UkTv8tVk

All together now...

Aaaaa-maaa-doo-doo-doo..

I'm sorry.

Dirk Diggler
08-03-2009, 01:23 PM

2 years is a long time ... I cringe to think how much worse Robbo will be in a couple of years time. Him getting a Canadian citizenship isn't worth much to us. He'll free up an international spot but it is unlikely that he would be willing to play a depth role for $50 k salary so he should be as good as gone at some point in the next season.

DoubleUp
08-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Sanyang would be stronger at DM then Cronin,
Sammie is to week, and wouldnt win balls at the DM,
I personally dont even think Cronin is a starter
all in all I agree with you, I just think he should start at Lb to get use to the tackling and marking in the league, then we would be able to evaluate his touch on the ball. Sanyang's speed and height make this the Ideal starting spot. I think cronin is a good passer and visionary for the most part.

prizby
08-03-2009, 03:13 PM
I think the Gambian kids cant afford to shit the bed, literally!. If given the oppertunity they'll snatch.

it is typical of the way I think the Africans are raised. You hear many stories about African stars who grew up without shoes kicking around a "ball" (that probably looks nothing like a soccer ball) on a dirt road without a field. A point I made to Jason when he said we don't have enough fields for development...they are raised to make the best of every opportunity because, just based on facts (ie. GDP), many African families are not as well off or as fortunate as many of us are. With that, they play like they have an axe to their head, and both players have been great finds for TFC

prizby
08-03-2009, 03:14 PM
2 years is a long time ... I cringe to think how much worse Robbo will be in a couple of years time. Him getting a Canadian citizenship isn't worth much to us. He'll free up an international spot but it is unlikely that he would be willing to play a depth role for $50 k salary so he should be as good as gone at some point in the next season.

central defender

Bobo
08-03-2009, 04:15 PM
I would assume this is why Poz ended up with Vancouver. Would have preffered him to Sanyang.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-03-2009, 07:16 PM
nah i think Poz was only ever back to keep fit, Sanyang has beenwith us far too long for that to have been the case. we still have roster and i suspect salary space left

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-03-2009, 07:42 PM
nah i think Poz was only ever back to keep fit, Sanyang has beenwith us far too long for that to have been the case. we still have roster and i suspect salary space left

There was a piece in a Kelowna paper / website suggesting he and TFC could not come to terms:

Pozniak, who played nine games for the Whitecaps last season on his way to European trials, left Dundee United for his hometown of Toronto a month ago when it was clear his playing time with the Scottish Premier League side would be limited.
“The original plan was to sign with Toronto,” he said. “Unfortunately we just couldn’t come to terms. They had some salary cap issues so it was best for me to start looking elsewhere.”

http://www.kelowna.com/2009/07/31/pozniak-returns-for-second-stint-with-whitecaps/

Yohan
08-03-2009, 08:36 PM
interesting. Poz was making 100k ish last time in MLS. I guess Mo didn't want to pay up that much

Ossington Mental Youth
08-03-2009, 08:57 PM
curious, cant say im sure how much i think Poz is worth, he is a canadian utility man however hes not great (and not poor). Im wondering if Mo still has some signings to go through (the haitian defender and maybe someone else) or if we are finished for the season

prizby
08-05-2009, 03:05 PM
i wonder if he'll open every interview with thanking allah?

someone more familiar with religion, is this something that is a ritual or something?

The Kingpin
08-05-2009, 03:06 PM
I think he would be awesome!!! We need to keep building this fantastic squad! Go TFC! This chap has tons up promise!!

rocker
08-05-2009, 04:08 PM
i wonder if he'll open every interview with thanking allah?

someone more familiar with religion, is this something that is a ritual or something?

I dunno, but I've heard a lot of NFL players thank God before they do their interviews.

and doesn't Kaka wear a shirt praising jesus under his jersey? I guess for us in Toronto it's a bit unusual, but lots of athletes do it.

Maybe it'll bring God/Allah on TFC's side!!! ;)

Blizzard
08-05-2009, 05:10 PM
I dunno, but I've heard a lot of NFL players thank God before they do their interviews.

Ya it happens all the time. In this case the only difference is Allah as opposed to God.

Hitcho
08-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Lu-UkTv8tVk

All together now...

Aaaaa-maaa-doo-doo-doo..

I'm sorry.

wash your mouth out son,
and get your father's gun... :D

jloome
08-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Ya it happens all the time. In this case the only difference is Allah as opposed to God.

Gambia, aside from being the smallest nation in Africa (not counting the kingdom states of Swaziland and Leosotho) is overwhelmingly muslim. So yeah, you can expect that a lot.