PDA

View Full Version : Post-Match: Toronto FC @ New England Revolution

TFC USA
08-01-2009, 08:31 PM
1-1 draw.

Barrett sent off in the 50th.

Cummins waits late for subs again.

Garcia sucks.

11 goals allowed in the last 15 minutes of matches.

Terry Vaughn is a fucking douche.

Discuss.

Corpand
08-01-2009, 08:33 PM
Cummins is just being stupid. The ref seemed kinda biased dontcha think?

At least all the other teams are playing well towards us staying where we are in the table.

Shakes McQueen
Posted this in the game thread, but since that is now to be closed...

It's funny - I'm at work, so I can't see the game, and I decided to come here and read backwards to see how we were doing. Judging from the comments, I assumed we were getting detroyed or something - then I find out we were actually up 1-0 at the time. Some of you guys are incredibly negative and over-dramatic, haha. :D

Glad to hear the Gambians are playing well. I will look forward to watching the PVR recording when I get home. Sounds like Gomez in particular, is a gem.

A 1-1 draw will be a tough result, but being down a man for so long, I can live with it. Sounds like we are playing well, aside from the buckets of cards.

- Scott

jloome
That was some severe "homer" officiating. Severe.

Goal was poor. No way garcia doesn't try to clip that away first time, given that the guy he's marking has a hell of a reach (Jankauskas is a big motherfucker.) But, that's exactly what he does.

wzhxvy
08-01-2009, 08:34 PM
4 minutes of extra time..are you kidding me ? Absolute disgrace.

Dichio should have started instead of Barrett anyways and CC will now be forced to start him instead of Barrett.

Outside of that...so so performance...we were doing well until Barrett continued stupid challenges...that last one was not a red card but the one before was...idiot.

JJSFC
08-01-2009, 08:34 PM
Help an Englishman out here - was De Ro's goal any good and what did Barrett do to get sent off?!

Detroit_TFC
08-01-2009, 08:35 PM
second yellow for Barrett, first one was questionable, didn't see the second one

jloome
19 to 7 the fouls. I call bullshit.

TFC USA
DeRo's goal was fantastic thanks to a bit of luck on a bounce on a Barrett shot that hit Gerba's face.

Barrett made some rash challenges and one of them shouldn't have been a yellow but alas he is off.

Hopefully this finally forces the coaching staff to acknowledge Dichio's existence again.

Detroit_TFC
More interesting was Stevie Nicol's red card, I wonder what he said to the 4th official

DangerRed
08-01-2009, 08:36 PM
Well, the De Ro goal was absolute fucking lightning. And yes, there was some seriously impaired officiating going on. That said, Barrett is a huge fucking idiot for unnecessarily pulling down Alston in the first that got him that first yellow. AND as usual he mouthed off to the ref after every single foul he committed.

All I have to say about this is thank god we didn't drop the game and thank god that D.C. is getting their shit kicked in by Houston right now.

forza_tfc
Officiating was a joke. Will TFC ever catch a break?

Dub Narcotic
Good point in a tough venue. Some of you guys should just kill yourselves, all you can do is complain about everything. I think that was a real character builder ahead of P.R. away.

woolly
19 to 7 the fouls. I call bullshit.

Something like 7 yellows to their 1 to boot...

TFC USA
08-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Good point in a tough venue. Some of you guys should just kill yourselves, all you can do is complain about everything. I think that was a real character builder ahead of P.R. away.

:rolleyes::facepalm:

wzhxvy
08-01-2009, 08:38 PM
I should send a letter to Garber to advise him that I will be reviewing all betting lines for MLS and review officiating in his league as something is absolutely freaking fishy...that he will be held criminally responsible for not reviewing this mess, if my suspicions prove to be correct. I mean I was OK with the officiating until the 4 minutes extra time..that threw me over the edge. How the f is that 4 extra minutes. Can someone please explain that to me.

arbogast
08-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Robbo played like crap again.

His balls going forward ended up in NE posession, and he should have closed down the player who sent the ball in on the NE goal, and failed.

Garcia, looked like ass too, but at least it's a point on the road especially with 10 men.

dcdcdc
08-01-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm glad Chad took one for the team and is sitting out next league game.. he should do it more often.

TFC USA
08-01-2009, 08:41 PM
Outside of that long and great run by Wynne on the steal he was crap. He's a terrible right back and his insistence on giving his man tons of fucking space in the open field is retarded.

I would move him to RM since he's better when moving forward.

ensco
08-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Well...we took the season series from NE. Anyone who watched the game we played there in 2007 would think it might take 10 years for that to happen.

Shakes McQueen
Different game, same shit.

"The squad is good enough." - Mo Johnston

I keep seeing this quote from Mo getting thrown around...

My question to you is - what do you expect him to say? Publicly announce "this team isn't good enough"? Even if he intended to add three new players tomorrow, he would publicly say tonight that this team is good enough. That's what GM's do.

And more to the point, I actually think this team has the potential to be good enough. Minus all of the apparent fouls today, it sounds like we played quite well. The Gambian kids have been a revelation, and could be huge in helping our defense. Our offense sounds like it was humming along decently until we went down a man.

I don't get all the sky is falling nonsense sometimes. A 1-1 draw on the road with 10 men, is nothing to get that upset about. Especially if the ref was apparently working against us.

- Scott

flambe
Good point all things considering, I'm happy with that.
Officiating was very "unusual". Lots of cards going our way for very lame challenges.

Thinking that Cummins is trying to get the team ready for Dichio's absence next season, but not calling him up so much.

Late subs very odd again, Gerba looked tired again, hopefully Winsper can work some magic on him too.

Manutd #1
barrett second yellow was very questionable in any reputable league no ref woulda called that second yellow......the ref was very biased wantede to turn the tv off how did gerba get tackled by 2 players and yet he was called for a foul

cc needs to go he doesnt know what subs to make and wynne again was way out of position on many occassions and on the goal...gomez shoulda came on before sayang although sayang showed promise, and dichio shouda came on for gerba woulda given us height on offense and defense

werewolf
08-01-2009, 08:43 PM
4 minutes of extra time..are you kidding me ? Absolute disgrace.

Confirmed.

It is like a nightmare game of "Are you more incompetent then a 5th grader", an epic match-up between the MLS and CONCACRAP. Tonight should have been 2 mins of added time (the standard 3 would have been fine), Wednesday should have been 7 mins of added time (it would have been a dozen at Anfield in a similar situation). Yet both are apparently 4 min.

In the end it was inconsequential though, but it still makes me laugh in pain.

wzhxvy
08-01-2009, 08:44 PM
TFC USA...agree on the Wynne tons of space comment...that was very evident today...horrible.

wzhxvy
08-01-2009, 08:46 PM
Btw....I love Jas DeVos vs. Forrest...he is so much better than the Vancouver lover...Jason DeVos has butterflies in his stomach....yes I love to hear that.

Dub Narcotic
08-01-2009, 08:47 PM
Post-game: talking about the end of Velez at TFC due to emergence of Gomez and Attakora. De Vos says Toronto will feel positive about the result.

Dub Narcotic
08-01-2009, 08:48 PM
De Vos: Gerba and De Rosario starting to link well, hopefully Guevera is back next game. Gerba played very well.

Kevvv
08-01-2009, 08:48 PM
That was some severe "homer" officiating. Severe.

Goal was poor. No way garcia doesn't try to clip that away first time, given that the guy he's marking has a hell of a reach (Jankauskas is a big motherfucker.) But, that's exactly what he does.

Brennan was guilty on the header to Garcia's man

Help an Englishman out here - was De Ro's goal any good and what did Barrett do to get sent off?!

DeRo's goal was nice, a Barrett shot bounced off Gerba's skull, DeRo fired it home. (PS - crap avatar, sc*mmer! :D)

I should send a letter to Garber to advise him that I will be reviewing all betting lines for MLS and review officiating in his league as something is absolutely freaking fishy...that he will be held criminally responsible for not reviewing this mess, if my suspicions prove to be correct. I mean I was OK with the officiating until the 4 minutes extra time..that threw me over the edge. How the f is that 4 extra minutes. Can someone please explain that to me.

That was a shock, no idea where 4 came from, unless Steve Nichols made the call

I'm glad Chad took one for the team and is sitting out next league game.. he should do it more often.

Chad was not the real problem tonight, other than the poor fouls.

Eastend
08-01-2009, 08:50 PM
I like Barrett and the way he plays. He was getting shit calls all night long and should of changed his way a little but this ref is a fucking disgrace. This was unbelievable.

4 minutes extra at the end??? WTF??? I think he pulled that out his ass....Nicols must've given him the blowjob of his life to get the calls he did tonight.

Good job on the boys for getting the point.

S_D
08-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Well I am afraid to say it but Barrett brought that one on himself. You could see he was losing it, making some bad challenges and constantly yapping at the ref. I think the ref was just looking for an excuse to send him off, and probably should have sent him to the showers much earlier than he did. I would have liked to see Cummins subbing him to fight another day considering we all saw how the ref was a bit card happy.

Overall not a bad performance and some decent defending when down to 10 men.

I liked what I saw from the Sanyang and Gomez. They looked solid, and am glad that Cummins didn't wait until the last couple of minutes to bring them on as the team looked like they had very little gas in the tank.

Dub Narcotic
08-01-2009, 08:51 PM
GolTV: Barrett's second yellow wasn't deserved, but he had lots of fouls. Serioux lucky not to be sent off. DDR: great goal. Vitti: unlucky.

billyfly
08-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Just got home. Couldn't watch or listen to the game. I see TFc were winning 1-0 until the dreaded last 15. SIGH.

Can't comment on the officiating since I didn't see any of the calls.

At least TFC get another point for the standings.

TFC07
08-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Meh....I take the point.

Barrett needs to learn to play under control. He cost us a win today.

Ref was a little card happy, but he was right for booking Barrett twice.

Kevvv
08-01-2009, 08:54 PM
barrett second yellow was very questionable in any reputable league no ref woulda called that second yellow......the ref was very biased wantede to turn the tv off how did gerba get tackled by 2 players and yet he was called for a foul

Second yellow may not have been just for that foul, maybe for the Xth foul in a row. Barrett should have played like he was on a yellow, but then if he's looking frustrated, CC should have made an executive decision and yanked him

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Jimmy Brennan has become a liability to TFC in the latter part of the last two games..HE continues to be out of possesion and let forwards beat him to the ball in the air! ...even though he was positioned correctly on the last goal...he let us down in the air once again...and it caused us a goal!...

Its time to give the kid GOMEZ a full shot!....he's a beast back there.....and his patience on the ball is amazing!

Brennan is starting to scare the hell out of me

Kevvv
08-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Can't comment on the officiating since I didn't see any of the calls.

Few of us could see the calls

Ron Manager
Well, I only saw the second half, and apart from Barrett's hotheadedness (which happens from time to time to most players) we played pretty well. To hold on as we did being a man down for 40 minutes in Gillette is no easy feat.
I felt Cummins subs made alot of sense tonight and worked out well, Sanyang had the pace and aggressiveness to close down well in the mid. I liked what I saw from an 18 year old kid whose understanding of the game and decision making has only one way to go. Gomez added height and strong challenges to the backline and man is that boy ever composed on the ball. He will do well for us.

Overall, good game, good road point givent eh short handed situation.

Eastend
Gomes, Sangya (sp?), Attakora, need to start more games....Garcia is too fucking slow and his game sense isn't what I thought it would be given his experiene...

Vitti showing improvement.
Barrett, I like his play and effort...I know, not the popular vote but I don't care.
Robinson and Brennan...quickly becoming liabilities...this hurts to say 'cause I really like them both...
Thank god Velez didn't see the pitch...leave him in PR please please please....
DeRo, great goal...I do think he holds the ball too long sometimes....
Gerba was done at the 60 minute mark and DD should have come in then...
Cronin 5/10...not great but not bad.
Frei...solid, goal wasn't his fault, it was Garcias imo.

billyfly
08-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Few of us could see the calls

I've been reading back. I see what you mean.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
really enjoyed the broadcasting tonight....the English dude is very good!

boysblue
draw a fair result for both sides.

a solid away game, especially considering 10 men for much of second half.

referee an absolute disgrace from beginning to end.

dero looked very sharp tonight.

Kevvv
08-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Chad deserved to be sent off. According to Cummins.

Dom, I think the goal was equally on Jimmy, his man made the pass

Pigfynn
08-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Cummins just said in his post game that Barrett was "umprofessional" and "deserved to be sent off"

Discuss.

Pigfynn
08-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Two words about what's been letting us down...

Nick Garcia

After a couple of decent games (no doubt new club buzz) he's shown his true, slow as fuck and lazy colours.

IMO

barca99
08-01-2009, 09:06 PM
How about Robbo's inability to cut out the cross on the goal? Terrible. Kids learn to not dive in when they're 8 years old, I guess he never learned!

Other than that a great effort by ALL down the stretch. De Ro showed tonight that he probably should be wearing the armband, he is irreplaceable.

Can;t wait for Tuesday, it's gonna be HUGE!:scarf:

Kevvv
08-01-2009, 09:06 PM
I think he's just saying, the ref didn't do this to us, we did it to ourselves. Either that, or he has to say his fouls weren't deserved and the ref was wrong

kodiakTFC
08-01-2009, 09:07 PM

ahah I was thinking the same thing.

trane
08-01-2009, 09:07 PM
I am not going to point to one player at the back. We are just no organized enough at the back. They had too many opportunties.

I was thinking at the half that CC would have subed Barret out, because of the yellow. He was playing well, but he should have come out. Now we lost him for the next game as well.

wzhxvy
08-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Cummins just said in his post game that Barrett was "umprofessional" and "deserved to be sent off"

Discuss.

I think unprofessional is too strong a word. I am not a Barrett fan but the guy tries/works hard and I appreciate that. He just did not control his emotions tonight. CC should have seen that and subbed him (I personally think he should not have started in the first place)...but to call him unprofessional is a silly comment by CC.

wzhxvy
08-01-2009, 09:09 PM

Nick Garcia

After a couple of decent games (no doubt new club buzz) he's shown his true, slow as fuck and lazy colours.

IMO

Agreed. His ass better not be back next season.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB

Nick Garcia

IMO

if its GARCIA..OR BRENNAN....

one has to make room for GOMEZ....he has PACE..SIZE......AND PATIENCE!!

PICK one!

and when NANA returns your can take the aother out! ;)

great result!.... tonight!

Need max points at home from here on in!

10 games left 4home 6 away!

UltraSuperMegaMo
Disappointed with Barrett. Both Garcia and Brennan seemed little exposed on the goal.

Eastend
08-01-2009, 09:10 PM
I like this pairing for TFC broadcasts....beats Sportsnet by a mile and DeVos is getting better by the game....didn't really care for him when he first started.

v00d00daddy
08-01-2009, 09:15 PM
That wasn't too bad. When Barrett got sent off I thought we were doomed for sure. Nice to see them pull out a point.

On the goal against...it was a perfect storm of Robbo falling asleep, followed by Brennan getting beat easy in the air (his feet didn't leave the ground) and Garcia being a step behind.

As for all the negative Garcia talk....I don't see it. He's definitely not perfect but make no mistake, he runs that back line. If he wasn't there, Brennan and Wynne would look even worse.

I would like to see this back line for the PRI game:

----Wynne-------Garcia--------Gomez--------Serioux----

The officiating wasn't very good but what else is new in MLS.

DeRo was very good but also a little too selfish. I guess beggars can't be choosers.

I think we'll be okay on Tuesday.

v00d00daddy
08-01-2009, 09:18 PM
if its GARCIA..OR BRENNAN....

one has to make room for GOMEZ....he has PACE..SIZE......AND PATIENCE!!

PICK one!

and when NANA returns your can take the aother out! ;)

I'm gonna have to agree with you, although, when Nana is back, I would put him at RB and let Wynne sit a while...or just until he gets some brains....it should only take 30-40 years.

Pigfynn
No way... and I realize this may be unpopular but, I say Gomez - Attakora centre.

skill, pace, power.

just my 2 cents

Oblio2
I thought Robbo played well. His "Hollywood" pass started the move for the goal, he tackled and battled well...I just dont see why the negativity

JonO
08-01-2009, 09:19 PM
So I only managed to catch the game in bits and pieces - but Gerba carded for simulation?

Hugh Jazz
08-01-2009, 09:20 PM

Discuss.

Interesting comment. Maybe we'll see Barrett on the bench Tuesday even though he doesn't need to be.

Kevvv
08-01-2009, 09:23 PM
So I only managed to catch the game in bits and pieces - but Gerba carded for simulation?

Yes, went down easily in the box, trying to round Reese. Didn't have a play anyway, ball got away from him

Candu_88
08-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Cummins is a TFC asset but only as the first assistant coach. It is time to remove interim and bring in a proven experienced head coach. It was really obvious that Barrett had pissed off the crap ref and was still getting called for marginal fouls after the persistent fouling first yellow. It is a coaching basic that when a player has lost control and the ref is focused on them that you get them off the field.

The red card was huge possibility for Barrett and Cummins failure to make the obvious substitution likely cost us two critical points. Gomez was our best player against PR and you reward him by sitting him??

Some time in the future Cummins will be a good head coach. He is very good with the media and that is important skill these days. But he is not there yet. Lacks the confidence and cahones to make critical decisions. Let him go back to being the positive, supportive players friend assistant coach.

felipe
08-01-2009, 09:24 PM
I thought we played well...its a joke buddy that Barrett was grappling with didn't even get a foul called agianst him, let alone a card; he could have been red carded for simulation.

For the most part theref jsut let them play; but I thought we had a legitimate penalty call on Barrett just after Gerba's dive

S_D
08-01-2009, 09:26 PM

Discuss.

We could see it coming, Cummins could obviously see it coming so why did he leave him on the pitch and not sub him off?

Live and learn I suppose but man o' man that is 2 straight games where we could see what was going on (the other, the PRI game where Dichio should have come in as the target man for the crosses) and Cummins didn't do anything about it.

I know it is easy to say watching the game from home, but maybe it is giving us a better view of what is going on in the game when compared to the sidelines. I always see Dasovich on the sidelines. Perhaps sending him up to a box so he can relay what is going on big picture wise would help.

Pigfynn
08-01-2009, 09:26 PM
This team as is ...with another off season behind them will do very well. I really think that the amount of criticism of Mo are unfounded. he has done a good job of building this team in 3 years.

IMO

Shakes McQueen
08-01-2009, 09:27 PM
No way... and I realize this may be unpopular but, I say Gomez - Attakora centre.

skill, pace, power.

just my 2 cents

I'd like to see the Gambian kids try LB - just to see how they handle themselves. I really think Brennan is the weakest link on this team, at least when he's starting as a full-back. And we have zero depth at left-back too. Serioux doesn't count, because it isn't his actual position, and he looks incredibly uncomfortable when he's played there.

- Scott

greatwhitenorf
08-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Quote: More interesting was Stevie Nicol's red card, I wonder what he said to the 4th official

"The ref's a disgrace! He's not doing what we PAID him to do!"

Four minutes added? Each substition counts for 30 seconds and I believe there were 5 subs in total, plus a goal another 40-45 seconds, plus assorted dickin' around on balls out of play. Four minutes, easy.

Ron Manager: Well said about our young debutant in defence. Made an initial panicked clearance when he had time, then looked right at home, hit all the right notes. Looking forward to more.

Have to say this, regarding Barrett's red card. Other than the play where Barrett helped set up the goal, which was luck, Alston had him in his back pocket when they went one-on-one. Excellent young player.

Glad we only saw one half out of Shalrie Joseph. He's a key guy on NE and his height, and Jankauskas too, caused real trouble for us. Someone needs to look Serioux over, figure out what's hurting him and get him healthy. He's a fine player, but when he can't hobble back into position, it just makes everyone else look worse.

Otherwise, a decent result.

VPjr
08-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Here's my view in terms of player ratings:

Frei - Solid game, from beginning to end. No chance on the goal (totally let down by his D). His ball distribution game isn't as good as it was earlier in the season or his rating would be better. (rating: 8.5/10)

Brennan - a very so/so performance. got beat badly in the air on the header that led to the tying goal. (rating: 5/10)

Serioux - Solid Performance. He had his hands full with Jankauskas and I thought he handled that big man relatively well. loved the attempt at a bicycle kick at the end o the game. (rating: 7/10)

Garcia - His lack of pace is becomming more and more glaring. I never liked the trade to bring him to TFC because I just don't think he's good enough or athletic enough. He deserves a big share of the blame for the tying goal. He contributes very little to this team in my view (rating: 4/10)

Wynne - generally very poor, especially in 1st half. had a few decent flashes in the 2nd half, including that exciting little run at the end of the game but he was badly out of position over and over again. I keep telling myself that "he's young" but he needs more pressure to keep him honest. I'd like to see them bring in another player capable of playing RB to force him to step up his game because he has regressed this year. (rating 4.5/10)

Robinson - Better game tonight. made a good diagonal pass (I can't believe I typed those words) to start the play that resulted in DeRo's goal. Gave the ball away cheaply a few times in 1st half but wasn't horrible. He doesn't bring much to this team at this point in his career but he didn't hurt them in this game either. (rating: 6/10)

Cronin - am I the only one who feels he was kind of invisible for the most part. (rating: 5/10)

Vitti - guilty of overdribbling at times. was better in 1st half than 2nd. Had good chances, hitting woodwork is becoming too common. i like this player and wish he was being played in his proper position but he needs to do more to really earn his hefty salary (rating: 6/10)

DeRo - Took his goal very well. Some very fancy footwork at times. Nice dummy in the 1st half almost set up a good scoring chance for Barrett. tied for best player on pitch for TFC with Frei (rating: 8.5/10)

Barrett - what can i say? Yes, his shot that hit gerba in the face/shoulder ended up bouncing fortitously to DeRo and it was buried but I really don't give him any significant credit for that. It was the only time he was able to remotely beat Alston for a scoring chance. His 1st foul on Alston was the kind of thing you expect to see in beer league soccer, not at this level. His 2nd yellow was a tiny bit harsh but I think Barrett basically ran out of lifelines with the ref because he was barking at him incessantly. The challenge was a bit late so he made it easy for the ref to stick a red card in his face. All in all, he did nothing but hurt the team tonight. (Rating: 3/10).

Gerba: Held the ball up well today. Should have done better with his chance in 2nd half. Unfortunate that he picked up that diving yellow in 1st half (it was deserved) because i think it would have been better for him to play the full 90. When protecting the lead, its good to have someone that can hold up the ball. (rating: 6/10)

Subs:

Sanyang - aggressive player. Hard to say what i thought of his performance. I hope to see more of him (rating: 5/10)

Gomez - only played a few minutes but impressed in his short time. (rating: 7/10)

v00d00daddy
08-01-2009, 09:31 PM
I thought we played well...its a joke buddy that Barrett was grappling with didn't even get a foul called agianst him, let alone a card; he could have been red carded for simulation.

For the most part theref jsut let them play; but I thought we had a legitimate penalty call on Barrett just after Gerba's dive

hahaha....simmer down.

v00d00daddy
08-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Also...let me stir the pot a little here:

-Gerba yellow card for diving
-Frei yellow card for time wasting

Neither of them being called douchebags on this board and no beer thrown at them at Foxboro.

What gives?:)

mighty_torontofc_2008
08-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Cummins is a TFC asset but only as the first assistant coach. It is time to remove interim and bring in a proven experienced head coach. It was really obvious that Barrett had pissed off the crap ref and was still getting called for marginal fouls after the persistent fouling first yellow. It is a coaching basic that when a player has lost control and the ref is focused on them that you get them off the field.

The red card was huge possibility for Barrett and Cummins failure to make the obvious substitution likely cost us two critical points. Gomez was our best player against PR and you reward him by sitting him??

Some time in the future Cummins will be a good head coach. He is very good with the media and that is important skill these days. But he is not there yet. Lacks the confidence and cahones to make critical decisions. Let him go back to being the positive, supportive players friend assistant coach.

we canna talk of bringing in a new manager every time results are not going our way or we would just be like the Leafs and nobody wants that..
Cummins will be fine once we get better talent on the team. we are no better then a .500 with the players we got, thinking anything else is just plain crazy..Gomez will be needed in PR and against Madrid...players who should be out are Brennan, who was shite again tonight...but keeps getting games?? buy a point from Boston is great as its a venue we usually get thumped at...good road point tonight..but we need a win
on Tuesday in PR

Shakes McQueen
08-01-2009, 09:34 PM
This team as is ...with another off season behind them will do very well. I really think that the amount of criticism of Mo are unfounded. he has done a good job of building this team in 3 years.

IMO

I think there are legitimate reasons to criticize Mo, but overall I agree. Once again, all of our offseason additions have become solid contributors, and some of our best players. The two Gambian kids look like they are going to be fantastic for us for a while. Gerba has been pretty good up front in his first couple of games for us, and will only get better once he's put in some solid time with Winsper, becomes used to our system, and becomes used to our surface.

However, I've heard rumours that Mo has been signed to an unannounced contract extension with the club, and I don't think that is warranted at this point. We pulled off a miracle win to even get to the CCL, and we still haven't made the playoffs. There is still work to be done, and our club still has recurring issues that he hasn't adequately dealt with as of yet (i.e. our spotty defending, and our inability to consistently score goals with our forwards).

- Scott

billyfly
08-01-2009, 09:35 PM
we canna talk of bringing in a new manager every time results are not going our way or we would just be like the Leafs and nobody wants that..
Cummins will be fine once we get better talent on the team. we are no better then a .500 with the players we got, thinking anything else is just plain crazy..Gomez will be needed in PR and against Madrid...players who should be out are Brennan, who was shite again tonight...but keeps getting games?? buy a point from Boston is great as its a venue we usually get thumped at...good road point tonight..but we need a win
on Tuesday in PR

Pls explain. I LOVE when you talk Leafs....:yum:

v00d00daddy
08-01-2009, 09:36 PM
on Tuesday in PR

Agreed. I would assume that Cummins left Barrett in only after having spoken to him at the half and been given reassurances from Chad that he would play smart.

That tackle on Alston was NOT a yellow card worthy tackle BUT.....when you're already on a card, it's not a smart taclke.

That's probably what Cummins was getting at.

TFC07
08-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Also...let me stir the pot a little here:

-Gerba yellow card for diving
-Frei yellow card for time wasting

Neither of them being called douchebags on this board and no beer thrown at them at Foxboro.

What gives?:)

I didn't see replay of that, so I can't say if he dived or not....

Lucky Strike
08-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Some notes from my view:

- I yelled at the TV when Gerba didn't get a penalty, but on replay, there was no foul, but nor should there have been a card.
- Very one-sided refereeing all match long - that's nothing new from Vaughn. Typically, MLS referees are piss poor in both directions, but this guy seems to have some grudge against us. If he gives a foul or a card that seems harsh, fine. But at least be consistent with both teams about it.
- No issues with the two yellows to Barrett. The first was an obvious tug and the second was for persistent infringement. Some say Cummins should have realized this was going to happen and taken him off but it was 5 minutes into the second half so it would have been hard to confirm the trend of Barrett giving away FKs. If the red had occurred say in the 60th minute, I would be harder on Cummins.
- With the red card, I'll take the point away any day. It's unfortunate that the goal was conceded, but it does prove my point about Robinson slipping lately.
- Frei getting booked for time wasting was just incorrect. But to take something positive from this: 1) the yellow really won't matter as he'll never accumulate another 4 during the rest of the season and 2) the referee thinks he was correct about Frei time-wasting. At least, yellows for this behaviour are becoming more frequent (even if it really wasn't time-wasting). Same goes for diving, even though Gerba didn't overly deserve it either.
- 4 minutes of time added is also incorrect. Strictly going by the book, it's 30 seconds of time added per substitution and 30 seconds per goal scored. 4 subs (2 by each team, the New England third one was before the second half began and therefore needs no time added) and 1 goal = 2.5 minutes. So three would be fine, not four. And even then, the referee only blew the whistle after nearly five minutes (4:45 ish) so that's garbage.

v00d00daddy
08-01-2009, 09:44 PM
I didn't see replay of that, so I can't say if he dived or not....

Did you see Gerba's reaction...or lack thereof....he dove.

And for the record, I don't blame him. He was looking for contact in Reis' leg but missed. If he had dragged his foot onto Reis' leg TFC would have won a penalty.

Dirk Diggler
08-01-2009, 09:47 PM
I really don't like the Cummins calling out Barrett in the press conference business. If he really believed that he was being unprofessional, why did he not sub him out? I began hating John Carver once he started throwing players under the bus after the games and Cummins is following the wrong footsteps with comments like that. Does not matter if what they say is true ... you just don't throw your players under the bus.

TFC USA
08-01-2009, 09:50 PM
I think Dobson was at his home pretending to commentate on the match and declared TFC the winners at halftime. :D

VPjr
08-01-2009, 09:52 PM
I really don't like the Cummins calling out Barrett in the press conference business. If he really believed that he was being unprofessional, why did he not sub him out? I began hating John Carver once he started throwing players under the bus after the games and Cummins is following the wrong footsteps with comments like that. Does not matter if what they say is true ... you just don't throw your players under the bus.

I'd be ok if he literally threw Barrett under the bus.:flare:

Dirk Diggler
08-01-2009, 09:53 PM
I'd be ok if he literally threw Barrett under the bus.:flare:

I would prefer that too :D

VPjr
08-01-2009, 09:55 PM
BTW, DC United made it close but ended up losing 4-3 to Houston (they were done 3-nil at one point)

KC got waxed 6-0 at FCD. Our boy Cunningham had the hat trick to lead the way. I miss the days when he was scoring like that for TFC...er....oh yeah...that didn't happen

Chicago wins again

Columbus winning 1-0 at 60th min

TFC still 9th in playoff race but with NE having 3 games in hand, I suspect they'll find themselves in 10th. They have a lot of work to do.

mclaren
08-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Wynne's positioning is horrendous. He gets stuck in central positions too often and leaves the right wing free for opposing players. This happens time and time again, something needs to be done. There are gaping holes are out there because of his poor positioning sense.

Stryker
08-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Ref was a fucking ass hat who wanted to be the star of the show.
Wynne was as usual complete shit defencively. I guess the thought of double teaming the huge Revs player with the ball 8 feet from our goal didn't appeal to Wynne as he was quite happy to watch poor Garcia wrestle with him.
Speaking of Garcia, brillant job matching him up with someone twice his size as opposed to Gomez who is bigger and was MOM earlier this week.
Brilliant fucking coaching that is. FUCK!!!!!!!!!

rocktml
08-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Garcia is horrible MY GOD! It's great he's vocal in the locker room but come on man show up on matchday!!!!

Stryker
08-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Wynne's positioning is horrendous. He gets stuck in central positions too often and leaves the right wing free for opposing players. This happens time and time again, something needs to be done. There are gaping holes are out there because of his poor positioning sense.

Damn right.
The two biggest liabilities to this team right now are Marvel Wynne and Chris Cummins.

Lucky Strike
08-01-2009, 10:26 PM
We shouldn't lose sight of the fact that TFC did gain a valuable point today. But even more importantly, we prevented New England from gaining any ground on us. All other results have pretty much gone our way tonight.

PSB
08-01-2009, 10:34 PM
what the fuck is wrong with the people on here moaning about time added. 2 minutes, 4 minutes...makes no fucking difference. Its not a world conspiracy. Jesus, get a life.

Blizzard
08-01-2009, 10:45 PM
Did you see Gerba's reaction...or lack thereof....he dove.

And for the record, I don't blame him. He was looking for contact in Reis' leg but missed. If he had dragged his foot onto Reis' leg TFC would have won a penalty.

Agreed. Everybody seems to do it against us so what the hell, go down in the box and maybe we get lucky!

TFC RealDeal RPB
08-01-2009, 11:00 PM
Jimmy Brennan has become a liability to TFC in the latter part of the last two games..HE continues to be out of possesion and let forwards beat him to the ball in the air! ...even though he was positioned correctly on the last goal...he let us down in the air once again...and it caused us a goal!...

Its time to give the kid GOMEZ a full shot!....he's a beast back there.....and his patience on the ball is amazing!

Brennan is starting to scare the hell out of me

+1 I like these kids there both good and r going to help this team + we have Nana. I think it's time we go with the kid's.

Shakes McQueen
08-01-2009, 11:04 PM
I'm fine with putting Gomez and Attakora in the regular starting XI - but you still have to have an experienced, veteran presence to organize them. Guys like Attakora are tremendous individual players in their positions, but he still has communication problems.

You need the back four to cover as one collective unit, and that requires someone to lead them. I was hoping Garcia would help with that, but I'm really starting to wonder.

- Scott

PSB
08-01-2009, 11:07 PM
Garcia is terrible. He hasn't had a single decent game since he came. The game is san jose was the worst. Back 4 should be serioux, gomez, Atta and wynne.

jloome
08-01-2009, 11:08 PM
I really think Brennan is the weakest link on this team, at least when he's starting as a full-back- Scott

You seriously think Marvell Wynne is a better fullback than Jim Brennan? Scott, the last three teams we've played have keyed their offence by attacking Wynne's bad positioning. In fact, the killer balls in all three games came from that side.

He's truly, truly awful at marking.

Shakes McQueen
08-01-2009, 11:11 PM
You seriously think Marvell Wynne is a better fullback than Jim Brennan? Scott, the last three teams we've played have keyed their offence by attacking Wynne's bad positioning. In fact, the killer balls in all three games came from that side.

Perhaps I should have clarified that I consider Attakora to essentially be our first choice right-back these days. You are right, Wynne has been terrible the past several games.

Then again, the saying goes that while you can turn a good athlete into a good player - you can't turn a good player into a good athlete. I haven't given up on Wynne.

- Scott

arbogast
08-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Damn right.
The two biggest liabilities to this team right now are Marvel Wynne and Chris Cummins.

I disagree:

the worst 3 liabilities on this club are Brennan, Robbo and Wynne.

arbogast
08-01-2009, 11:26 PM

^ QTF

Hooligan69
08-01-2009, 11:49 PM
I watched the game at Joe's tonight all by myself. I saw the Revs equalizer coming a mile away, sadly. We do the same thing every game and every game we get scored on. Well, at least we escaped with a point.

*sigh*

Norn_Irn_Toffee
08-02-2009, 12:42 AM
Unfortunately other games did not go our way tonight (Cunningham even scored 4!)

But I am not sure why so many people are pissed at our result tonight. Johnston and Carver got nothing from New England. Cummins is the only one to get at least a point, and with ten men!

New England owned the first ten minutes, however after that it was all Toronto. Their midfield gave us way too much room, and we dominated after that, 9 shots to 2, Vitti hitting the bar, and Toronto 1 nil up.

The sending off happened, in no way did the second foul merit a second yellow (the first yes), but Barrett barely touched Alston, a warning should have been enough.

After the sending off, I thought we showed great character, we chased everything, ran ourselves into the ground, and barely gave them any scoring chances. They had a tonne of corners which we dealt with. They had a good chance and took it, fair play. Should Garcia or Robinson have got a clearance in? maybe, but nobody is perfect.

From tonight's game I am really proud, we had a huge amount of positives,

Frei again really strong, great presence and quick distribution,

Serioux is an animal, again a great performance,

The 2 Gambian kids seem a great addition, full of energy, calm under pressure and strong in the challenge,

De Ro, a great goal, and never stopped running the while night despite being on his own,

Gerba is strong, holds the ball up well, and always looks dangerous,

I know everyone loves to complain, but give the guys a break. Why are expectations so high this year? We have done nothing in two years, we have a stronger team this year and have a chance at the playoffs, but we are no Barcelona or Man U and have no right demanding instasnt championships or cups!

I for one am proud of Toronto Fc tonight and hope others are too, we showed great character when in past seasons we would have caved in and got hammered.

To get our first point ever against NE (when they have 3 games in hand, and if all won will easily sit top of the Eastern) I am very happy, especially when we did it with ten men.

Onward!

Norn_Irn_Toffee
08-02-2009, 12:53 AM
Unfortunately other games did not go our way tonight (Cunningham even scored 4!)

But I am not sure why so many people are pissed at our result tonight. Johnston and Carver got nothing from New England. Cummins is the only one to get at least a point, and with ten men!

New England owned the first ten minutes, however after that it was all Toronto. Their midfield gave us way too much room, and we dominated after that, 9 shots to 2, Vitti hitting the bar, and Toronto 1 nil up.

The sending off happened, in no way did the second foul merit a second yellow (the first yes), but Barrett barely touched Alston, a warning should have been enough.

After the sending off, I thought we showed great character, we chased everything, ran ourselves into the ground, and barely gave them any scoring chances. They had a tonne of corners which we dealt with. They had a good chance and took it, fair play. Should Garcia or Robinson have got a clearance in? maybe, but nobody is perfect.

From tonight's game I am really proud, we had a huge amount of positives,

Frei again really strong, great presence and quick distribution,

Serioux is an animal, again a great performance,

The 2 Gambian kids seem a great addition, full of energy, calm under pressure and strong in the challenge,

De Ro, a great goal, and never stopped running the while night despite being on his own,

Gerba is strong, holds the ball up well, and always looks dangerous,

I know everyone loves to complain, but give the guys a break. Why are expectations so high this year? We have done nothing in two years, we have a stronger team this year and have a chance at the playoffs, but we are no Barcelona or Man U and have no right demanding instasnt championships or cups!

I for one am proud of Toronto Fc tonight and hope others are too, we showed great character when in past seasons we would have caved in and got hammered.

To get our first point ever against NE (when they have 3 games in hand, and if all won will easily sit top of the Eastern) I am very happy, especially when we did it with ten men.

Onward!

Sorry, when I talk about getting points from NE, I mean away from home

jloome
08-02-2009, 01:25 AM
Thus spaketh someone who obviously hasn't watched us lose or tie game after game becuase of the late game "last third huddle", where 9 of our onfield players backtrack into the final third and try to close shop, oblivious to the fact that we have no aerial presence and repeatedly give up goals from late crosses.
y know, this is getting old, but ....:facepalm:

Having said that, a point beats a loss. We have mostly road games left, so we can't really afford to say "oh well, at least we got a point" after games we should've won. But it beats a loss.

Shakes McQueen
08-02-2009, 03:18 AM
Thus spaketh someone who obviously hasn't watched us lose or tie game after game becuase of the late game "last third huddle", where 9 of our onfield players backtrack into the final third and try to close shop, oblivious to the fact that we have no aerial presence and repeatedly give up goals from late crosses.
y know, this is getting old, but ....:facepalm:

Having said that, a point beats a loss. We have mostly road games left, so we can't really afford to say "oh well, at least we got a point" after games we should've won. But it beats a loss.

The thing I've never understood, is why when we have a lead, we never try to play possession football.

Look at shortpassing teams like Barcelona and Arsenal. When they have leads, they just pass the ball among themselves, and never try to force the ball in. They will do some combination passes, and if an opening is there, they will take it.

Instead of calmly retaining possession though, our backline and midfield often see happy to just boot the ball upfield to stop an attack... which does nothing but halt their advance for a few seconds, and immediately give them possession back.

With the way most MLS teams use a high pressure tactic, you could completely run a team into the ground with the aforementioned strategy. But instead we just boot it, and retreat. It's a shame too, because we have the midfield quality to pull it off. You can't tell me guys like Vitti, DeRo, Guevara, and Cronin aren't capable of conservatively moving the ball around between them.

This is also why I wanted JDG to come here so badly - more intelligent initial passes, and less "dump and chase" football. I don't expect an MLS side to pass and keep possession like a Barcelona or Arsenal, but I expect them to hold a lead more intelligently than we currently do.

Anyway, not to get too negative, I'm fine with tonight's result. It sucks to settle for a point, yes - but at least that point was on the road. Our road form this season has actually been decent under Cummins' reign. We just need to get 3pts at home more consistently.

- Scott

Super Cereal
08-02-2009, 03:47 AM

DC United and KC lost.

Inswingingwingman
08-02-2009, 07:45 AM
I wanted Barrett subbed out after the yellow.
DD should have come in for a bit, although maybe not when yer 1 man down.
The refs were shite.
Frei wants to make sure the electric boots don't make him buy a mohair suit or he'll end up hanging around Yonge south of bloor. Those boots are so uncool.

I'll take 1-1 but we should have won.

I don't think the Gambians are a gamble, gotta get games. G G G G G..lol

And I think they gave Gerba a penalty because he got tackled by 2 guys at once and didn't roll around and cry and need a stretcher. Or he made a divit in the grass.

I really liked the Argos crying the blues cause some fieldturf is missing where the bases were, they were afraid to get hurt. Only 1 CFL team has real grass and no one is complaining. Odd that some 6 foot 7 300 pound guy is OK to play on fieldturf but a 120 pound 5 foot lad from outer Tanzakanika can't play on it..just sayin...(Ducks for Cover).

dal524
08-02-2009, 09:35 AM
the first 10min of the game looked pretty ugly but after that we were playing great, vitti's chance of the bar prob should made that one count. i kinda dont get y gerba got that yellow for diving when it looked like reis might have side swiped him. y would he dive if he had deked the goalie and had the ball....doesnt make sense to me. ref in my opinion was quite bias today. barretts first yellow was def. warranted...idiotic jersey tug. dont even think there was contact on the second yellow but that fucker on ne sold it VERY well, and im sure barretts whining after every free kick didnt help.

considering there were no injuries in the 2nd half not sure why there was 4min of extra time...i was setting myself up for some serious heartbreak. i can admit its quite positive we came out with 1pt given the circumstances (1man down for almost a full half and no guevara) but i honestly think we could have got 3 had barrett not been sent off...we were playing really well considering it was an away game.

Columbus and Chicago both won again...luckily DC lost to Houston which was a great result for us. However looking at these standings, the top two in both conferences seem to be pulling away from the pack and then theres us, dc, ne, la, colorado, chivas and salt lake is still in the mix. if we dont start stringing some wins together against dc/houston/colorado i realistically dont see us making the playoffs...as dobson mentioned we have sj and nyrb at the end of the season n we'll def. need those 6pts to make the final hurdle.

VPjr
08-02-2009, 12:10 PM
The thing I've never understood, is why when we have a lead, we never try to play possession football.

Look at shortpassing teams like Barcelona and Arsenal. When they have leads, they just pass the ball among themselves, and never try to force the ball in. They will do some combination passes, and if an opening is there, they will take it.

Instead of calmly retaining possession though, our backline and midfield often see happy to just boot the ball upfield to stop an attack... which does nothing but halt their advance for a few seconds, and immediately give them possession back.

Playing a possession game requires a) alot of skill, b) alot of patience and c) a ton of practice.

I don't really know if TFC has enough quality players to play that style and I certainly don't believe this is a team that works on playing that style with any consistency. You need more than 3-4 players who can execute that style of play to make it work.

TFC is a fairly static team ( I hate to say "typical UK Style" but that's what it looks like to me). If you watch a classic ball possession team (Arsenal, Barca) players are constantly in motion, providing the passer muiltiple outlet options. With TFC, I see alot of standing around.

I might get crucified for this but, IMO, DeRo (and even Vitti) is also a stumbling block when it comes to playing possession. DeRo is an all out attacking player. He has a pretty well known reputation in the soccer community in North America as being a "tactics killer". Dwayne is one of those guys who believes the best way to kill time is to put a ball in the back of the net and waste 1-2 minutes celebrating. I admire that attitude but it isn't always helpful, especially when it results in turnovers that go the other way and result in chances for the opponent. Vitti seems to be have the same attitude as Dwayne.

Roogsy
08-02-2009, 12:34 PM
I might get crucified for this but, IMO, DeRo (and even Vitti) is also a stumbling block when it comes to playing possession. DeRo is an all out attacking player. He has a pretty well known reputation in the soccer community in North America as being a "tactics killer". Dwayne is one of those guys who believes the best way to kill time is to put a ball in the back of the net and waste 1-2 minutes celebrating. I admire that attitude but it isn't always helpful, especially when it results in turnovers that go the other way and result in chances for the opponent. Vitti seems to be have the same attitude as Dwayne.

Since this team obviously can't hold a lead, then pressing for another goal is exactly what they should be doing. We leading these games by two heading into the final 10 minutes. (Not last night obviously, that doesn't hold true when you're down a man and up by 1.)

If DeRo is indeed a "tactics" killer, shouldn't Cummins realize that and sub him off? I highly doubt DeRo wouldn't do what Cummins asks of him, so I will be a little weary of this so-called reputation.

The Kingpin
08-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Since this team obviously can't hold a lead, then pressing for another goal is exactly what they should be doing. We leading these games by two heading into the final 10 minutes. (Not last night obviously, that doesn't hold true when you're down a man and up by 1.)

If DeRo is indeed a "tactics" killer, shouldn't Cummins realize that and sub him off? I highly doubt DeRo wouldn't do what Cummins asks of him, so I will be a little weary of this so-called reputation.

Sorry, but your football knowledge is lacking (not to mention your grammar). DeRosario has a limited ability to hold onto the ball, thus his career in the MLS. If you watch him play vs. adulate him because he plays for TFC you will realise he can shoot well... and, well, that's it. When push comes to shove, every TFC player has major holes in his game... That's why they play in the MLS.

Less time banging drums and more time watching the play...

Roogsy
08-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Sorry, but your football knowledge is lacking (not to mention your grammar). DeRosario has a limited ability to hold onto the ball, thus his career in the MLS. If you watch him play vs. adulate him because he plays for TFC you will realise he can shoot well... and, well, that's it. When push comes to shove, every TFC player has major holes in his game... That's why they play in the MLS.

Kiss my ass TiT. I know football plenty enough and I don't need your condascending bullshit telling me what I do or do not know about the game. I am quite sure I've played the game at a higher level than you.

I am fully aware of DeRo's advantages and disadvantages. My post is in reference to DeRo intentionally playing his own game rather than following a game plan. And if he can't follow the gameplan, it's the coaches duty to take him off.

More humility from you and less dickishness would be a good start. I am not one of those weak little posters on this board that will let you bully them with your downtalk. Take your arrogance and shove it.

mclaren
08-02-2009, 12:48 PM
In fairness, 1 point away against the Revs is not too bad. The problem is that we're running out of games and we looked the best team out there for large stretches before the sending off. I think what's frustrating for all of us is that our team always seems to be our own worst enemy. The Revs were playing badly, we were winning 1-0, then we get a stupid sending off. We always seem to do this, provide the rope for our own noose.

The Kingpin
08-02-2009, 12:50 PM
Kiss my ass TiT. I know football plenty enough and I don't need your condascending bullshit telling me what I do or do not know about the game. I am quite sure I've played the game at a higher level than you.

I am fully aware of DeRo's advantages and disadvantages. My post is in reference to DeRo intentionally playing his own game rather than following a game plan. And if he can't follow the gameplan, it's the coaches duty to take him off.

More humility from you and less dickishness would be a good start. I am not one of those weak little posters on this board that will let you bully them. Take your arrogance and shove it.

Ye who is perfect... And aren't personal insults against the board rules. Oh. wait. And are you calling other posters weak? Who is arrogant now? I disagree, and this is your response, the weakness lies within yourself in my opinion. I'm just not agreeing with you...

pekduck
08-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Re: pointy ball and turf. You do realize pointy ball is just a 10 sec sport that the off and def line changes often and gozillion stoppages in between right? Tell those 6 4 300 pounders to run 90 min on turf and see how many knee caps pop

I wanted Barrett subbed out after the yellow.
DD should have come in for a bit, although maybe not when yer 1 man down.
The refs were shite.
Frei wants to make sure the electric boots don't make him buy a mohair suit or he'll end up hanging around Yonge south of bloor. Those boots are so uncool.

I'll take 1-1 but we should have won.

I don't think the Gambians are a gamble, gotta get games. G G G G G..lol

And I think they gave Gerba a penalty because he got tackled by 2 guys at once and didn't roll around and cry and need a stretcher. Or he made a divit in the grass.

I really liked the Argos crying the blues cause some fieldturf is missing where the bases were, they were afraid to get hurt. Only 1 CFL team has real grass and no one is complaining. Odd that some 6 foot 7 300 pound guy is OK to play on fieldturf but a 120 pound 5 foot lad from outer Tanzakanika can't play on it..just sayin...(Ducks for Cover).

Roogsy
08-02-2009, 12:57 PM
This isn't about being perfect TiT, this is about being a positive contributor to this board. Nobody on this board likes having you here or wants you here. So if you're going to be here, stop with the arrogance, stop with the trolling and stop with the condascending bullying of people's posts or simply get the hell out. You've already been rejected as a member of the group, what are you aiming for next? Your participation on this board? Believe me there will be no tears cried the day you're banned Mr Original Red Patch Boy.

I will say no more on this. You got something to say, send it via PM or talk to Jack.

The Kingpin
08-02-2009, 01:05 PM
This isn't about being perfect TiT, this is about being a positive contributor to this board. Nobody on this board likes having you here or wants you here. So if you're going to be here, stop with the arrogance, stop with the trolling and stop with the condascending bullying of people's posts or simply get the hell out. You've already been rejected as a member of the group, what are you aiming for next? Your participation on this board? Believe me there will be no tears cried the day you're banned Mr Original Red Patch Boy.

I will say no more on this. You got something to say, send it via PM or talk to Jack.

I was never rejected, I chose not to be. I'd like to see anything that suggests I was rejected. Anything. At all. Jack never did anything of the sort. He may reply here to make a statement, but he has never done any such thing in a personal way towards me. That is a rhetorical fabrication.

I'm not arrogant, I speak the truth. To get back on point, what makes you feel you've played 'football' at a higher level that makes your opinion more valid than mine? What is it? I think you opinion is based on fandom vs. perspective. But you require benign personal attacks to make what is a thin point. Because you have more time than most to post here doesn't make your opinion valid... You just "out post" other posters. Simple.

Boris
08-02-2009, 01:18 PM
I was never rejected, I chose not to be. I'd like to see anything that suggests I was rejected. Anything. At all. Jack never did anything of the sort. He may reply here to make a statement, but he has never done any such thing in a personal way towards me. That is a rhetorical fabrication.

I'm not arrogant, I speak the truth. To get back on point, what makes you feel you've played 'football' at a higher level that makes your opinion more valid than mine? What is it? I think you opinion is based on fandom vs. perspective. But you require benign personal attacks to make what is a thin point. Because you have more time than most to post here doesn't make your opinion valid... You just "out post" other posters. Simple.

Stay on topic...ive had it with everyones peronal attacks...next person gets a heavy infraction i dont care who it is

The Kingpin
08-02-2009, 01:27 PM
Stay on topic...ive had it with everyones peronal attacks...next person gets a heavy infraction i dont care who it is

Sorry Boris, but I think that Cummins has made some ket tactical errors over the last few games. I think TFC actually has a pretty good team, but our manager simply can't make the difference. As Sir Bobby Robson has said, managers should be good enough to make more than players, this is where it has gone all wrong. TFC is mismanaged, but has the talent. We try so hard to break down each mistake, to dissect each player. But we rarely break down the manager, we rarely do anything to dispel management decisions. This to me is the main issue. Sorry if my passions led me astray. But being personally insulted for my opinion was a bit tough. Cheers!

Boris
08-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Sorry Boris, but I think that Cummins has made some ket tactical errors over the last few games. I think TFC actually has a pretty good team, but our manager simply can't make the difference. As Sir Bobby Robson has said, managers should be good enough to make more than players, this is where it has gone all wrong. TFC is mismanaged, but has the talent. We try so hard to break down each mistake, to dissect each player. But we rarely break down the manager, we rarely do anything to dispel management decisions. This to me is the main issue. Sorry if my passions led me astray. But being personally insulted for my opinion was a bit tough. Cheers!

as im sure other people have told you, you make some great points at times buts your delivery makes it difficult to take your points serious. Anyways, if theres issues with anyone take it to PM.

TFC USA
08-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Can't we all just get along?

DoubleUp
08-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Can't we all just get along?
Politics:drum::drinking::facepalm:

Blizzard
08-02-2009, 06:30 PM

Well I've had enough of this b.s. One more for the ignore list! :flare:

Shakes McQueen
08-02-2009, 06:53 PM

Again with the persecution complex. Yeah, I can't for the life of me figure out why Roogsy would respond negatively towards you personally when you post things like this:

You continue to bait various RPB's by being arrogant and condescending, then act like an innocent bystander who is just speaking truth to power, when they react.

Back to the topic at hand.

- Scott

giambac
08-02-2009, 07:08 PM
Good point all things considering, I'm happy with that.
Officiating was very "unusual". Lots of cards going our way for very lame challenges.

Thinking that Cummins is trying to get the team ready for Dichio's absence next season, but not calling him up so much.

Late subs very odd again, Gerba looked tired again, hopefully Winsper can work some magic on him too.

I'm totally unimpressed witrh Gerba.

I mean 3 matches and in each match he looks tired and in effective. I honestly am starting to think that he is a 20-30 minute player.
Let's say he is overated. and by no means the answer to our goal scoring problems.

Yohan
08-02-2009, 07:26 PM
I'll have more thoughts about the game once I finish rewatching it.

Was pretty fun. Pregame tailgate was good. Gillette Stadium is like being inside a giant cavern in the middle of nowhere.

TFC supporters were in pretty good voice. Surprised to see some 30 or so what seems to be non SGs in the back of the away section.

I think about 150 TFC fans made the trip.

DoubleUp
08-02-2009, 07:32 PM
http://www.this11.com/boards/1249259179575340.jpg I think this Tfc is competitive, let me know what you think.

DoubleUp
08-02-2009, 07:34 PM
note: everbody on the attack has scored for Tfc.

Artur3575
08-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Had alot of fun in New England Fans were great alot of new supporters trying to learn chants did great too ,New England fans respectfull towords us over all great trip great ride back to the hotel thru downtown streets singing and showing our support around town

felipe
08-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Firstly, I don't care for the yellow and white striped kit...

Secondly your missing a lot of experience with Garcia, Brennan, Dichio, and Robbo on the bench.

I don't like it.

DoubleUp
08-02-2009, 07:41 PM
I disagree, Serioux, dero, Guevera all senior players and gerba who juss came back from Europe! I know the kits brutal, but this not about that.

Yohan
08-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Had alot of fun in New England Fans were great alot of new supporters trying to learn chants did great too ,New England fans respectfull towords us over all great trip great ride back to the hotel thru downtown streets singing and showing our support around town
that bus ride back to hotel was crazy as hell

what is that? a bostonian? a chant starts

get off the bus and chant in front of the hotel for like 15 mins.

i was so drained after the game though. i dunno how some of you kept going.

backbeat
08-02-2009, 08:06 PM
http://www.this11.com/boards/1249259179575340.jpg I think this Tfc is competitive, let me know what you think.

i like it:

except i'd exchange DeRo for Barrett and add Dichio up front with Gerba in DeRo's spot and have Robbo as a sub for Serioux when his knee goes wonky!!

DoubleUp
08-02-2009, 08:45 PM
i like it:

except i'd exchange DeRo for Barrett and add Dichio up front with Gerba in DeRo's spot and have Robbo as a sub for Serioux when his knee goes wonky!!

I think Dichio is first sub fo sure, but with this lineup I think we're goin with speed and quickness. We have these qualities in our youth lets use them, if it doesnt work we can revert back to the old gaurd.

Oh I also boldly think Wynne should be converted....I mean Islam converted to a midfielder, if we can push him further up the field we can minimize him messing up in the back. his athleticism and tenacity is useful up there.

TFC USA
08-02-2009, 08:53 PM
I'm totally unimpressed witrh Gerba.

I mean 3 matches and in each match he looks tired and in effective. I honestly am starting to think that he is a 20-30 minute player.
Let's say he is overated. and by no means the answer to our goal scoring problems.

:facepalm:

You could probably find a way to criticize top-notch porn.

PSB
08-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Double up
Finally something interesting to look at.

Interesting line up and it could do well. Not too sure about sanyang and gomez yet as they have played so little. But so far i like what i see. Nana at right back... not sure either. I like him central. Dero seems more effective on the right. I think the defensive midfield is the big weakness for TFC and it puts extra pressure on the defence all the time. They end up too deep and lose goals under pressure all the time. What is it now ...11 games where points have been dropped in the last 15? Anyone done the stats on where TFC would be if they even held half of those points? That's when the most pressure is ... the last 15 when teams are either trying to salvage or going for the kill. My point is the midfield you show is too attack minded and i don't think Cronin is enough for a back midfielder. I think Wynne pushed forward as a floating right midfielder could add balance to that line up. He has a lot going forward and enough coming back provided he isn't the last line of defence. Gerba has yet to prove himself. I too think Brennan and robbo's time has passed. Garcia has been poor. Dichio is a hero and has a great brain but the legs are not there. All you can rely on is for knockdowns or chestdowns or that moment of brilliance (which he often delivers on eg that Vitti one on one cock up against NY where he swept the mess into the net) but you can't build much of a game plan round dichio anymore. We need to move on. i would try that line up for sure

Yohan
08-02-2009, 09:50 PM
you know what's awesome?

4 mins Dichio 24 chant.

will we ever see this at BMO? nope. not with lack of patience many people have

Lucky Strike
08-02-2009, 10:45 PM
you know what's awesome?

4 mins Dichio 24 chant.

will we ever see this at BMO? nope. not with lack of patience many people have

Yes! I was very impressed as it camr loud and clear through the TV and over top of the New England folks who looked like they were trying to compete. That was great!

egoodwin
08-03-2009, 07:15 AM
2-3 min Dichio24s usually happen over in 127, Saturday, it just so happened to keep going and going...

The Horto's were excellent, especially when DeRo scored, not so much when NE scored...

And the Bounce with the shifting front row was top notch as well

giambac
08-03-2009, 08:37 AM
:facepalm:

You could probably find a way to criticize top-notch porn.

c'mon, lets be realistic here. How good has he looked in the 3 matches. you hav eto admit he gets tired and is not a90 minute okayer. He becomes ineffective afte r60 minutes and Cummins has to be quicker with the substitutions.

Gerba loks strong in the first half and then he becomes ineffective.

Shakes McQueen
08-03-2009, 08:48 AM
c'mon, lets be realistic here. How good has he looked in the 3 matches. you hav eto admit he gets tired and is not a90 minute okayer. He becomes ineffective afte r60 minutes and Cummins has to be quicker with the substitutions.

Gerba loks strong in the first half and then he becomes ineffective.

I will give you the fact that he doesn't look like a 90 minute player right now, but that has nothing to do with his quality. It has more to do with the fact that MK Dons' season has been done for a while, and he's likely still out of shape. I'm sure his game shape will get better as this season wears on, and certainly next season, when he has a whole pre-season on the Winsper regiment.

For now, I'm satisfied with a striker who can consistently "look strong" for 60 minutes, because we have rarely, if ever, had that before. Dichio is the closest we've ever had to that.

- Scott

jabbronies
08-03-2009, 05:57 PM

The only problem I see with this is Vitti/Barret. I would rather have a more defensive minded player in one of thier place on the field. This would unltimatly change the format in the mid though.

Problem is, Cronin becomes the last mid back. No one else is going to track back...well Barret might, he has the last 2 games. But i wouldn't count on him always.

Reason why I'd want a second defensive mid is that Vitti has a tendancy to loose the ball and just stand there and watch it go away. If he looses it there as often as he has been, we'd be counter attacked quiet often with only Cronin back to support.

VPjr
08-03-2009, 11:10 PM
Re: Gerba

this player is a bit of an enigma. His biggest issue throughout his career has been his fitness. He will be the biggest challenge for Winsper, far bigger than Barrett.

Does he have qualities that will benefit TFC? Absolutely...no doubt about it. More importantly, he and DeRo have an excellent onfield rapport with each other.

However, unless he commits himself to improving his fitness, he won't be worth the money. he needs to be an 80 minute player minimum.

Re: my comments about DeRo being a tactics killer

All I can say is that the people who have told me this would know first hand and who have far more football knowledge that I likely will ever have.

When it comes to TFC's problems with playing a possession game in general but esepcially to protect a lead, I guess the REAL issue is whether or not the TFC technical staff actually believe they have the players who can play this style. If they feel that they don't have the quality needed (I'm not sure, frankly, but I know they don't seem to play a style that suits keeping possession) then there is no reason to pull DeRo from the game. Like Roogsy stated, its possible that the coaching staff actually believes that they can't protect a lead so might as well go for goal at every half chance and hope to pad a lead.

Parkdale
08-04-2009, 08:29 AM
Well I've had enough of this b.s. One more for the ignore list! :flare:

you know what would be a great feature......

If the message board counted how many people ignored a particular user,
and if it passes a certain number, that user is 'automgically' banned.

make sense doesn't it? If 25 people have decided to ignore someone,
consider that a 'vote of non-confidence' and close the account automatically.
It's web democracy in action!

rocker
08-04-2009, 09:55 AM
he won't be worth the money. he needs to be an 80 minute player minimum..

how much is he making? MLS Union hasn't released any salaries lately.

anyhow, 1 goal in 2 league games seems right on Gerba's normal rate. ;)