PDA

View Full Version : TFC-Friendly Establishments

Jack
08-01-2009, 06:29 PM
I am up at my cottage and I just received a text from canadian_bhoy asking me to check for bars in the Owen Sound/Port Elgin area which are TFC friendly (he doesn't have internet) and I got to thinking we should compile a list for those of us who might find ourselves in unfamiliar territory on matchday.

So let's have them and we'll make a list by city/region/area so people can find a place to watch a game if they're not at home!

Inswingingwingman
08-02-2009, 07:24 AM
Scots Corner in London Ontario, unless you are MoJo, he shouldn't bother. If you try hard you can even understand some of what the owner is saying.

They even serve a haggis dinner year round. yum.

Petor
08-02-2009, 08:01 AM
I tried to get some TFC fans together in Wasaga Beach for the last match against Columbus.
It ended up that I was the only Reds fan there and the only Yellow was in the urinal. :rofl:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=15746&highlight=wasaga+beach

prizby
08-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Scallywags, Football Factory, Shoeless Joes

Bluenose13
08-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Fox & Fiddle Mansion in Pickering......Liverpool/Hwy 2

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Burns's Howff Scotish PUB in Cambridge!

You'll even see an RPB SCARF ON THE BAR!;)

twistedchinaman
08-03-2009, 05:57 PM
See this map for Calgary:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=102235730783792788357.00045f76bce824946dc08&t=h&z=7

Phil
08-03-2009, 08:23 PM
The Seanachai
1106 Danforth Ave
TTC: Donlands

Fitzgerald's
2298 Queen St East

Roogsy
08-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Scruffy Murphy's Irish Pub
225 The East Mall
Etobicoke

Mark in Ottawa
08-04-2009, 07:55 AM
As listed on the main page under RPB Chapters... http://www.redpatchboys.ca/rpbnearyou.htm

While in Ottawa the most Footy friendly bar we have is the Georgetown Pub.
http://www.georgetownpub.ca/ be sure to check the events calendar.

Unfortunately, just like Shoeless Joes, on UFC nights... forget it.

maninb
08-04-2009, 09:14 AM
The Seanachai
1106 Danforth Ave

Fitzgerald's
2298 Queen St East

Is Fitzy's showing the game tonite?

__wowza
08-04-2009, 11:03 AM
if you ever find yourself out in scarborough go to military trail and morningside.
fossil and haggis pub, whenever im there and theres a match on a tuesday night (karoke night) theyre always multitasking the two. sounds like theyre splitting their attention but when it's on every TV and there's karoke in the background its a fuckin riot.

Phil
08-04-2009, 11:28 AM
Is Fitzy's showing the game tonite?

They had no issue with turning it on Saturday night for us. There are 2 guys there that are seasons tickets holders that gave me the impression that they watched away games there a lot.

I would say it will be on.

Carefree
08-04-2009, 11:51 AM
The Seanachai
1106 Danforth Ave

Never been to that one. Do they have GolTV for tonight's game or do they only show the games that are on regular TV?

I will be in that area tonight. Stupid me, I booked a meeting from 7:30 to 8:30 so I will miss the start of the game. If I can catch the second half I'd be happy.

TFC Cityboy
08-04-2009, 02:23 PM
We were camping near Midland for the Columbus (a) game.
The Town Grill in Midland happily put the TFC match on in the bar. Really friendly, great food and worth trying if you find yourself away from home/BMO on matchday.
http://www.towngrill.ca/

Esquire
08-04-2009, 02:46 PM
Clancy's (http://www.clancyspub.ca/) in Burlington, ON
(Basically at the corner of Fairview and Appleby)

I'm hoping Burlingtonians start going to this pub regularly for away games and after home games. If you bring your TFC ticket to the pub after a home game, you get a FREE lbs of wings! Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

colman1860
08-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Clancy's (http://www.clancyspub.ca/) in Burlington, ON
(Basically at the corner of Fairview and Appleby)

I'm hoping Burlingtonians start going to this pub regularly for away games and after home games. If you bring your TFC ticket to the pub after a home game, you get a FREE lbs of wings! Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

Were you there for the NE game? If so, I met you.

Going to Clancy's tonight FWIW

AdamZ
08-04-2009, 04:51 PM

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=102235730783792788357.00045f76bce824946dc08&t=h&z=7

Cool. Hopefully we can get something together and I'll have someone that isn't family who half-assedly follow TFC to watch matches with.

TFCRegina
08-04-2009, 04:54 PM
As listed on the main page under RPB Chapters... http://www.redpatchboys.ca/rpbnearyou.htm

While in Ottawa the most Footy friendly bar we have is the Georgetown Pub.
http://www.georgetownpub.ca/ be sure to check the events calendar.

Unfortunately, just like Shoeless Joes, on UFC nights... forget it.

Yeah but the events calender is always wrong...

gtaguy
08-04-2009, 06:53 PM
heres another one that would fit the bill of TFC friendly hot spots its in port credit and these ppl are the nicest i have ever met in my life
http://www.thebrogueinn.com/

a note to jack maybe this post should be to all tfc friendly places not just pubs or bars.. should include eateries, retail stores etc... I m all for supporting the righteous cause that is tfc no matter what kind of business it is..

Jack
08-04-2009, 07:40 PM
heres another one that would fit the bill of TFC friendly hot spots its in port credit and these ppl are the nicest i have ever met in my life

a note to jack maybe this post should be to all tfc friendly places not just pubs or bars.. should include eateries, retail stores etc... I m all for supporting the righteous cause that is tfc no matter what kind of business it is..
As long as you can watch the match there when you're away from home, then it's fine with me.

twistedchinaman
08-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Cool. Hopefully we can get something together and I'll have someone that isn't family who half-assedly follow TFC to watch matches with.

Are you in the south or the north?

nascarguy
08-04-2009, 10:55 PM
made a list

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=10499

nascarguy
08-04-2009, 11:02 PM
anyone know a place in hamilton besides Ceilidh House I'm getting bored with that place tonight I just about walked out

Peetsie
08-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Anyone find a place in Milton ??

tfcmanu
08-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Newmarket - will be moving from GTA, let me know if there is TFC footy bar in Newmarket.

J .
08-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Captain Jacks.
Beaches, across from kew gardens.

Cuz
08-07-2009, 11:35 AM
The Beaver & Bulldog in Collingwood on First Ave. is a great spot to watch footy up north. Watched the FA Final there back in '07 while doin some May 24 camping at Craig Leith. The owner was a great guy and opened the pub early and served us all breakfast and tea until 11 when the taps opened. I hope it's still run by the same guy.

AdamZ
08-08-2009, 12:16 AM
Are you in the south or the north?

north

Menelaos
08-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Anything in the North York area that is NOT Shoeless Joe's??

Regards,
Richard

CoachGT
08-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Central York Region and North York - you are welcome to come to Archibald's Pub on Yonge Street just north of Highway 7, west side.

I live in Newmarket and make it there, but it may be a little far for points north. Try as I might, there are few bars in Newmarket willing to give up other sports in favour of TFC.

Mark in Ottawa
08-11-2009, 09:53 AM
Yeah but the events calender is always wrong...
Not always wrong but often incomplete.
Maybe we should be providing the information for the calendar.
Obviously MLS is a much lower priority for the Georgetown as they have a much larger fan base for EPL, World Cup Qualifiers and sadly...UFC

Roca
08-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Port Elgin - Owen Sound area: The Walker House in Southampton usually plays the game on one or more of their TVs and certainly will if asked. The Walker and the Legion in Southampton also feature Saturday English football, last I checked.

Danforth (Toronto): Mavericks Pub @ 804 Danforth (just W of Jones). They'll turn the sound on if you ask. Feature all Setanta games and others on Gol or FSWC. And they serve Hacker-Pschorr, the world's best draught!

Guelph: Bobby O'Brien's on MacDonnell.

Previous poster also pointed out Clancy's in Burlington.

Is this post saying something about me? ;-)

Kevvv
08-17-2009, 08:03 PM
Scruffy Murphy's Irish Pub
225 The East Mall
Etobicoke

Across from Cloverdale?

Section225
08-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Any TFC friendly pubs in Grand Bend?

King of the Beach
08-21-2009, 11:32 AM
A great place to watch TFC games is Gabby's 980 Kingston Road in the beach. The owners are big TFC fans. It is also a great place to watch the EPL. In the past, Harmse and Cunny were regulars.

mrnegative15
08-24-2009, 11:02 AM
Hey all, new to the fourms!
I was wondering if there's a spot in Brampton where you can actually watch the game besides a Boston Pizza or something like that. I'm having a hard time finding a place where it's not a secondary thing.

RedWookie
08-24-2009, 11:14 AM
^
I have gol tv. anybody in Brampton is welcome to drop by on game days. But for bars to watch it at I think BC101 would know best

mrnegative15
08-25-2009, 09:44 AM
^
I have gol tv. anybody in Brampton is welcome to drop by on game days. But for bars to watch it at I think BC101 would know best

Yeah, I have gol tv myself too, just because I've got so fed up with trying to find a place where people actually are there for the purpose of watching the game.
It's insane, because of all the pubs in Brampton, that there isn't a place known for being a "TFC supporters bar"

MrHawk
08-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Hamilton:

Slainte's Irish Pub
http://www.slainteirishpub.ca/ - Best Guinness in Hamilton.

Ceilidh House Irish Pub
107 George St (No website)

djmike
08-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Love to know where to go when I visit my family in Niagara Falls. Anyone?

Jay P
08-30-2009, 09:05 PM
Any RPB in the North Bay area for the long weekend? Need to find a spot to catch the game!

T-Bird
08-31-2009, 08:56 AM
Anyone know a place in Minden or Haliburton?

nimamalek
08-31-2009, 09:10 AM
Hamilton:

Slainte's Irish Pub
http://www.slainteirishpub.ca/ - Best Guinness in Hamilton.

Ceilidh House Irish Pub
107 George St (No website)

Ceilidh House is way better for TFC or soccer in general then Slainte's, before I started going to Ceilidh house I decided to watch an away game at Slainte's, the staff didnt even know the game was on. Had to spend 10 mins finding the game, only put it up on one TV and since it was busy they didnt turn up the sound. Ceilidh house on the other hand, has the game on all their TV's, gives away Tickets to the next home game and puts the sound up.

lips
08-31-2009, 09:29 AM
Ceilidh House is way better for TFC or soccer in general then Slainte's, before I started going to Ceilidh house I decided to watch an away game at Slainte's, the staff didnt even know the game was on. Had to spend 10 mins finding the game, only put it up on one TV and since it was busy they didnt turn up the sound. Ceilidh house on the other hand, has the game on all their TV's, gives away Tickets to the next home game and puts the sound up.Not lately since the Montréal game the turnout has been bad one table if we are lucky and I can’t remember the last time they gave away tickets. I don’t know why the first half of the season the place was packed with fans. People must be going somewhere else and on late night games they don’t put the sound on. I agree the place is a great soccer pub I hope there are bigger turnouts to the TFC games maybe they will bring the food back and the sound

Kaz
09-02-2009, 05:48 PM
If I can get someone to give me a job in Hamilton I'll be moving, there, can't even get stupid interviews right now.. stupid snobs.. Sounds like an awesome city sometimes for the bars... and the air seems to have increased in quality, in the last few years.

dow117
09-06-2009, 01:01 AM
I just went to Seattle game and now in Vancouver. I saw on these posts that there was a TFC friendly pub called the Regal Beagle ; so \I went down there to watch the |colorado game ..... what a bunch of wankers running that place... suffice to say, stay clear of this shithole - traeted very badly !!!

Kaz
09-19-2009, 04:22 PM
I want to watch the game at a pub tonight in Hamilton... where am I going? was planning on Slainte's as I know where it is and they told me the game will be on... it suggest to me a good place to go.

but... has anyone decided on a new place?

Torontotonto
09-19-2009, 11:51 PM
A great place to watch TFC games is Gabby's 980 Kingston Road in the beach. The owners are big TFC fans. It is also a great place to watch the EPL. In the past, Harmse and Cunny were regulars.

Few diehards, but they don't even turn the sound on in our most important match of the season to date. Left at 1/2.

Kaz
09-26-2009, 03:51 PM
Any RPB in the North Bay area for the long weekend? Need to find a spot to catch the game!

I realize this is about a month late, but I saw your post about North Bay and was wondering if you ever found a place, I lived there for two years, the Boston Pizza will turn it on and that is about it.

The only other places that is are possible locations are the Bull & Quench or Cecils. Cecils is most likely the best bet for afternoon games as it's slow.Though as the Bull actually like to keep a Arsenal flag around, but I am told it's mostly a cop bar.

Sadly after Montreal I had my scarf out and was regularly asked what sport is it for. And then was asked when did a Soccer league start in North America.

Usually I just went to LCBO for a few beers and watched it on my own TV.

Razcle
09-26-2009, 04:37 PM
I tried to get some TFC fans together in Wasaga Beach for the last match against Columbus.
It ended up that I was the only Reds fan there and the only Yellow was in the urinal. :rofl:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=15746&highlight=wasaga+beach

Where did you try and get Reds fans together in Wasaga Beach? I will tell you there are none up here that go out to the bars and watch.

I am up here right now....When UFC is not on, Boston Pizza is pretty accomidating since they have a multitude of screens. If UFC is on, across the street is Wild Wings and they are more then happy to put the game on one of their screens. BUTTTTT. I have never seen another TFC fan in WB and I sport the TFC lid all the time when I am up here.

GhostKiller
10-19-2009, 10:15 AM
I'm going to be in Chicago for the TFC-NYRB game, can anyone suggest a MLS friendly bar where they'll be showing the game?

Kaz
10-20-2009, 08:12 AM
I'm going to be in Chicago for the TFC-NYRB game, can anyone suggest a MLS friendly bar where they'll be showing the game?
There is a place called the Globe that is fairly pro soccer I'm told by a Fire fan that lives in Chicago. He's working on getting directions for me. And there is a second one apparently that he's heard of that sounds alot like the football factory in Toronto I'll PM you with the details once I have them all.

GhostKiller
10-21-2009, 01:08 PM
There is a place called the Globe that is fairly pro soccer I'm told by a Fire fan that lives in Chicago. He's working on getting directions for me. And there is a second one apparently that he's heard of that sounds alot like the football factory in Toronto I'll PM you with the details once I have them all.

Thanks a lot. I would be pretty pissed if I miss this game so any hole in the wall that plays MLS games will be great.
Thanks again.
gk

Kaz
10-21-2009, 03:30 PM
This is the other place.

My cousin said Fado's on Grand would be an excellent bet I guess they found a way to get the U.S vs. Honduras match on tv there when no local cable companies were allowed to shoot it because of rights or something, So I Would definitely recomend Fados on Grand the number is 312-836-0066 and the address is 100 w. Grand ave. Chicago, Il

Gobi
10-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RooneyRPB http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=651869#post651869)
The Seanachai
1106 Danforth Ave

Never been to that one. Do they have GolTV for tonight's game or do they only show the games that are on regular TV?

I will be in that area tonight. Stupid me, I booked a meeting from 7:30 to 8:30 so I will miss the start of the game. If I can catch the second half I'd be happy.

They have all the channels: Gol, Setanta, etc.

Only problem is they often have live bands on weeknights, so you won't hear any commentary. Or maybe that's a bonus... :D

Crazy Canuck
10-24-2009, 04:57 PM

Send me an email I got a few friends who are avid TFC watchers being that we were all born In the GTA. We also mix up with voyageurs during national team events.

Dre

billyfly
10-24-2009, 11:13 PM
Texas Longhorn in Mississauga!

Yeoman
01-10-2010, 11:25 AM
the charles dickens in woodstock is pretty good.
they don't have goltv, but that's pretty much only because i haven't yelled at them to get that channel yet.
usually in there when i'm home to watch setanta. know the owner quite well, so if you're ever there just tell em yeoman and shamus sent you that way. they'll take care of you ;)

tfcmanu
02-02-2010, 12:15 PM
Where did you try and get Reds fans together in Wasaga Beach? I will tell you there are none up here that go out to the bars and watch.

I am up here right now....When UFC is not on, Boston Pizza is pretty accomidating since they have a multitude of screens. If UFC is on, across the street is Wild Wings and they are more then happy to put the game on one of their screens. BUTTTTT. I have never seen another TFC fan in WB and I sport the TFC lid all the time when I am up here.

Well there is a few of us in Wasaga that watch TFC games (away), However sesonal we usually would go to BARCELOS Restaurant & Grill (Sunnidale & Mosley.)

TFCMANU, REDMAPLE and a few that aren't on this board, the owner is a good guy.

Parkdale
02-02-2010, 12:38 PM

arent there like two bars in Minden?

bignickel
02-07-2010, 10:19 AM
....and in Barrie:

Pie- Wood Fired Pizza Joint
34 Commerce Park Dr - Unit H
Beside Good Life Fitness

RedWookie
02-07-2010, 10:22 AM
arent there like two bars in Minden?

"bars" is pushing it in Minden.

canadian_bhoy
02-07-2010, 11:08 AM
The Ceilidh House - Hess Village Hamilton.

Super
02-17-2010, 05:53 PM
Wow, 3 pages worth and no one mentioned the best TFC pub in town: Duke of Gloucester. It's a great place to be on any given Saturday (off-season as well) if you want to be in the company of tons of TFC supporters. I don't think there's any location like it anywhere quite honestly - where you're guaranteed to see TFC jerseys all year round.

http://www.google.ca/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GWYE_enCA293CA293&q=duke+of+gloucester+toronto

Dman81
02-20-2010, 01:49 PM
Honest Lawyer's Windsor - Ontario

Red Rat
03-22-2010, 07:26 PM
BOO RADLEY’S JUNCTION BAR AND GRILL
1482 Dupont St. (at Campbell Ave.)
416-516-9992

Excellent place big screen TV's cheap beer and food. In the summer time you can watch the game sat the patio

rr

Del Boy
03-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Kelly's Korner at McCowan and Kingston Road got Goltv just for TFC, gotta love it.
Good crowd, good food, good beer. Great little place and you can'y beat the all day brekky for $3.95

romburgundy
03-29-2010, 01:20 PM
Was in Montreal this weekend and looking for a place to watch the season opener. Ended up at a great soccer pub called "Champs" on St.Laurent.

After offering us a nice small TV in the bathroom for any Toronto game I would like to watch.

He patched the game onto several 36" sets at the bar. The bar tender was great and even got us as shot on him.

Good experience overall. As good as it could have been watching Garcia's flashes of Brilliance!

Dougrd
03-31-2010, 07:59 PM
how about newmarket/aurora?

2freedom
05-20-2010, 09:29 AM
For Oakville peeps, The Queens Head, right downtown just off lakeshore. TFC banners all around the patio and side of building.

http://www.queensheadoakville.com/

Brooker
05-20-2010, 10:07 AM
since when did the QH have a patio? where did they put it, the street? lol.

dawkins
05-20-2010, 12:04 PM
For those who are out in mississauga, Montana's at the erin mills town center always has the games on. They even have a good bar special for wings and beer.

wolvesfan416
05-21-2010, 02:16 PM
Newmarket

The Grey Goat - Main Street - Old British Pub -been around for 25 years plus

Jack Astors - Yonge Street

Petor
07-14-2010, 06:52 PM
Here is a tough one, any pubs in Montreal where the odd TFC fan hangs out?
I know that I could hit a number of pubs on Peel etc. that would switch a tv over for me to watch but I wouldn't mind cheering the team on with at least one other person. :)
Going to be in Montreal for a bit, so I'll be watching the Philly game on the 17th and the Dallas game on the 24th over there.
I'll be back home in time for the CL match on the 27th.

Cheers!
Petor

TERSIGNI
07-14-2010, 09:47 PM
Any place in st. catharines/niagara

GlenM
07-15-2010, 06:01 AM
Here is a tough one, any pubs in Montreal where the odd TFC fan hangs out?
I know that I could hit a number of pubs on Peel etc. that would switch a tv over for me to watch but I wouldn't mind cheering the team on with at least one other person. :)
Going to be in Montreal for a bit, so I'll be watching the Philly game on the 17th and the Dallas game on the 24th over there.
I'll be back home in time for the CL match on the 27th.

Cheers!
Petor

The times we have been there for CL games Macleans Pub on Peel (Upstairs) has been pretty cool with us being there. Or try the bar/restaurant at the Bell Centre - they have lots of tv's, can't remember the name - something similar to sports cafe here, there's another location also close by within a block or 2 from there same chain if that one isn't suitable or whatever.

I think if there's nothing on you should be good, they seem to like the Blue Jays there to.

:scarf:

GlenM

Jitter
07-24-2010, 11:22 AM
Anybody know of a pub in Whitby/Ajax that will be showing the match today?

Heart of Stone
07-26-2010, 05:32 PM
For K.C. would you recommend Arthur Bryant's for a pre-game meal? Also wondering if there will be some good eats at the Wizards' tailgate...

Kaz
07-26-2010, 09:02 PM
For the Niagara area there is a little bar at the Allenburg Bridge called the Indian Flame bar and grill... they will stick on the game if you ask, and the food is good. It's family run and deserves some support and has a nice mix of Indian and Canadian foods.

It's a little out of the way but it's a nice meet up for everyone in the region.

Broadview
08-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bird

I know this was asked a while ago but last week I was at Mckecks in Haliburton for lunch and they had a replay of the TFC-Motagua game on the screens. They had Gol TV so I imagine they wouldn't be too adverse to showing TFC games. Just as long as it's not up against Hockey. There are a lot of TVs though.

Good eats too.

Heart of Stone
08-11-2010, 10:12 PM
For TFC - NYRB game (Aug 11) the Real Sports Bar had it on the big screen w/ audio ... pretty impressive ... Mayor Miller was there wearing TFC jersey + scarf, eating nachos and sucking back beers ...

Darlofletch
08-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Well there is a few of us in Wasaga that watch TFC games (away), However sesonal we usually would go to BARCELOS Restaurant & Grill (Sunnidale & Mosley.)

TFCMANU, REDMAPLE and a few that aren't on this board, the owner is a good guy.

Is this still correct info. I'm going to be in Wasaga beach for the red bulls game on the 21st, so looking for somewhere that'd be definitely showing the game, don't want to be driving around on saturday afternoon desperately trying to find something.

How about the beacon? (mosley and 45th st ish) that's the closest pub to my friends cottage, so would be most convenient, i watched the england portugal 2006 workld cup game there and it was surprisingly full, has anyone seen a tfc game there?

Carefree
08-12-2010, 01:06 PM
For TFC - NYRB game (Aug 11) the Real Sports Bar had it on the big screen w/ audio ... pretty impressive ... Mayor Miller was there wearing TFC jersey + scarf, eating nachos and sucking back beers ...
Fakk!! I specifically avoided going there because I was sure they were going to have the Jays/Red Sox game on the big screen. I ended up at a bar/restaurant close to my house (Prohibition Pub on Queen East, near Broadview) where the owner was nice enough to switch the big screen in the back to the game for us. No audio though. And even though there are several TVs all around the bar tuned to the sports stations all the time, it definitely doesn't have the "sports bar" vibe. More of a trendy gastropub.

rocker
08-12-2010, 02:39 PM

I watched the World Cup at Real Sports Bar and LOVVVVED the massive HD screen. It was like a movie theatre, but better.
I sat actually in the leather chairs upstairs on the second level that looked down on the screen... that level is great, right in line with the upper part of the screen. They turn up the sound real loud so you hear everything.

In one game a guy got cut and started bleeding. on the big HD screen it was so gross. haha.

I was also very impressed with the food. Better than typical bar stuff.. with generous portions.

tfcleeds
08-12-2010, 03:17 PM

I've been here a few times for TFC matches. Because Real Sports is owned by MLSE, I'm pretty sure TFC gets precedence over stuff like Blue Jays baseball. At least every time I've been there, as soon as the TFC match started, it got placed on the big screen, with audio. (I should say, there was one time when they didn't have audio - one of the Motagua games, but it was still on the big screen).

tfcmanu
08-17-2010, 09:19 AM
Hello,
I will be in Quebec City This weekend Aug 21 to 22, would like to see my Reds vs RBNY any Good footy bars in Quebec City where I can catch the TFC game?

Petor
08-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Found an amazing place in the west end in Bloor West Village just west of High Park.
The place is about a 5 minute walk from Runnymede Subway station.
Name of the place is 17 Steps.
Address is 2241 Bloor St. West.
It's downstairs(17 steps).
Great owner, a TFC season ticket holder from day one! :scarf:

Has 3 or 4 hd lcd screens at the bar plus a 56inch HD in sorta like a private room.
He has ALL the soccer(football) channels.
Owner can't make todays game because he is working and is pissed! :D
Hours are roughly 11am to 2am depending on the size of the crowd.

He promised that if I get at least 10 people in for a TFC match we get the private room unless there is a hockey game. :hump:

Oh, and the food is amazing!
Everything is as local and fresh as possible.
All sauces are made in house and nothing is frozen. :D

Yagbod
03-09-2011, 10:55 AM
I'm going to be in Niagara Falls for the TFC/Shitecaps game next weekend. Is The Drummond Inn still the place to go? Or is there perhaps somewhere closer to the old Casino? I am staying at the Crown Plaza.

Thanks in advance.

Yagbod
03-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Bumping my own post...

Can any Niagara RPB's recommend a good place to watch the match this weekend? I am looking mostly in the touristy area by the falls.

ptbo_dave
03-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Just wondering if there is anybody interested in the Peterborough area. McThirsty's Pint is good for non Gol-TV matches (also 24 beers on tap) and the Red Dog will show the games but they quite often have concerts on Saturday nights....

(I will be at McThirsty's on Saturday night, 166 Charlotte Street.)

nascarguy
03-20-2011, 04:28 PM
so did anyone go to the official TFC viewing party at Real Sports

KingBee
04-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Anyone know of spots in Fredericton, NB that may accomodate TFC fans? I feel like I'm alone in the wilderness here. I'm always up for watching matches with other fans. I'd just like to get out of my living room once in a while :)

CoachGT
05-17-2011, 08:25 AM
So the "new" York Region viewing spot is Sgt. Peppers pub next to the Aurora Walmart at the 404 and Aurora Road.

Food is good and we've got our own area to watch in, and they've tried hard to be accomodating for us!

BritSOL
07-05-2011, 06:17 PM
I am visiting the mother-in-law for a few days (6th July until 10th July) and was wondering if anyone knows of a place in Brockville or nearby that shows TFC games?

bangersandmash
07-20-2011, 10:39 AM
Anyone know of any bars in the wasaga beach arwa whete one might be able to watch the tfc march tonight?

Roca
08-04-2011, 07:32 AM
Unfortunately, I think we can remove Clancy's in Burlington from the list of TFC-friendly bars. I phoned the other night to see if they would be playing the CCL game and the bartender told me they'd be closing at 11:00 "unless a bunch of people come in." There were only a few fans last time I watched the game there, and I had to ask them to put it on the TV.

Gobi
08-08-2011, 03:03 PM
This thread needs some serious updating and tidying.
I think I'll volunteer.

Gobi
08-08-2011, 04:27 PM
BARRIE
Pie- Wood Fired Pizza Joint
34 Commerce Park Dr - Unit H

BURLINGTON
Clancy's (http://www.clancyspub.ca/) (Basically at the corner of Fairview and Appleby)

CALGARY
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...46dc08&t=h&z=7 (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=102235730783792788357.00045f76bce824946dc08&t=h&z=7)

CAMBRIDGE
Burns's Howff Scottish Pub
The Duke and Duchess, corner of Townline and Jamieson Parkway

COLLINGWOOD
The Beaver & Bulldog on First Ave

ELLIOT LAKE
Fireside Inn (if no other sports in higher demand are on)
You definitely need to call ahead and check with them

ETOBICOKE
Scruffy Murphy's Irish Pub - 225 The East Mall

GUELPH
Bobby O'Brien's on MacDonnell.

HAMILTON
Buckeyes Smokehouse
Phone905-547-5020

KINGSTON
Iron Duke (on Wellington Street, just north of Princess)

KITCHENER/WATERLOO
Failte Irish Pub on King St. uptown Waterloo

LONDON
Scots Corner (519) 667-2277 - 268 Dundas Street

MIDLAND
The Town Grill http://www.towngrill.ca/

MISSISSAUGA
The Mad Hatter -located at Eglington and Heritage Hills
Montana's at the erin mills town center

MONTREAL
"Champs" on St.Laurent

NEWMARKET
The Grey Goat - Main Street

NIAGARA AREA
there is a little bar at the Allenburg Bridge called the Indian Flame bar and grill

OAKVILLE
The Queens Head, right downtown just off lakeshore.
http://www.queensheadoakville.com/

OTTAWA
Georgetown Pub - 1159 Bank Street in old Ottawa South
http://www.georgetownpub.ca/

PICKERING
Fox & Fiddle Mansion - Liverpool/Hwy 2

PORT CREDIT

PORT ELGIN - OWEN SOUND AREA
The Walker House in Southampton

SCARBOROUGH
Kelly's Korner at McCowan and Kingston Road
Fossil and Haggis Pub - military trail and morningside.

THUNDER BAY
Fox and the Hedgehog

TORONTO CENTRAL
Scallywags - 11 St. Clair Avenue West
Duke of Gloucester – 649 Yonge St.
Football Factory - 164 Bathurst Street

TORONTO WEST
SHOELESS JOE’S
1189 King St. West (at Dufferin)
Boo Radley’s Junction Bar and Grill - 1482 Dupont St. (at Campbell Ave.) 416-516-9992
17 Steps @ 2241 Bloor St. West.

TORONTO EAST
The Red Moose Bar and Grill - 1910 Queen St. East
Mavericks Pub - 804 Danforth (just W of Jones)
Gabby's - 980 Kingston Road

WASAGA BEACH
Barcelos Restaurant & Grill (Sunnidale & Mosley)

WINDSOR
Honest Lawyer's

YORK REGION
Archibald's Pub
8950 Yonge Street, Richmond Hill (just south of 16th Ave. on the west side of Yonge St.)

TFC_905
08-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Whats it like at the Mad Hatter? I live by there but have yet to go inside... Is it the best place in Mississauga to drink with supporters?

nascarguy
08-18-2011, 11:12 PM
remove
HAMILTON
Ceilidh House Irish Pub - 107 George St
replace with
Buckeyes Smokehouse
Phone905-547-5020

kcdolish
08-19-2011, 02:28 PM
What is up with Failte in KW? I was there last night expecting a TFC friendly crowd but I was the only one there watching the game. Did I miss something? Were all you guys in Panama? Where does KW watch TFC away games?

McBrace
08-19-2011, 02:34 PM
Usually a few at least will attend.. Not sure why nobody was there. Keep an eye on the KW Company thread for future games and events.... Some guys play in leagues on Thursdays.

Carefree
08-22-2011, 01:40 PM
Just went to Football Factory for the first time on Sunday for the Chicago away game, and was extremely disapointed, and not just by TFC's sad on-field performance.

First of all I expected the place to be small but in fact it was tiny. There are several televisions throughout the restaurant, but unless you're sitting at the bar (and there's only about eight stools) there's not a single table that has a decent view of a screen. We ended up in a booth with a private TV, but had to sit sideways the whole game to watch it. To top it all off, the waitress was an absolute bitch who never smiled once, made us wait 20 minutes before even taking our order, and just looked like we were interrupting her cigarette breaks.

Overall it was a thoroughly disapointing experience. Only positive was the food, which was pretty decent, though overpriced. I will not be returning.

Carefree
08-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Where is the "official" TFC viewing party this year for away games? I thought in previous years it was at one of the Jack Astors in the burbs (Mississauga or Oakville) but last night I was driving home from Niagara Falls and stopped at the Jack Astors in Mississauga (Dundas and 403) and the clueless teenage girl at the reception counter looked at me like I was from another planet when I asked if the TFC game was going to be shown. There were dozens of televisions in the place, and every single one was showing a baseball game. We had to get the supervisor involved and ultimately the restaurant manager to figure out a) what TFC is, and b) whether it would be shown. Ultimately the answer was no, so we ended up at the Football Factory. (See above for a review of that)

kodiakTFC
08-22-2011, 01:48 PM
I highly recommend the Buckeye in Hamilton. The owner there is/was a TFC season ticket holder and a Liverpool fan. The food there is probably the best I've had in the GTA and the prices are fair.

Carefree
08-22-2011, 01:52 PM
I highly recommend the Buckeye in Hamilton. The owner there is/was a TFC season ticket holder and a Liverpool fan. The food there is probably the best I've had in the GTA and the prices are fair.

And the search continues... :D

Thanks for the tip.

Brooker
08-22-2011, 04:04 PM
LMAO

pyppurs
08-22-2011, 10:46 PM
has anyone tried the Boston Pizza by square one in Mississauga?

zooko62000
09-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Where do TFC/CMNT supporters watch in St. Catherines?

TFC/Everton
09-29-2011, 02:35 PM
Celtic Pub shows TFC games, but its a hole.

zooko62000
09-29-2011, 02:53 PM
What about around Brock University?

MartinUtd
03-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Who suggested Bobby O'Briens in Guelph? That's a straight up university hangout / hockey bar and always an argument when you want something else on.

RC8
03-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Whats it like at the Mad Hatter? I live by there but have yet to go inside... Is it the best place in Mississauga to drink with supporters?

Best pub in Mississauga for Premiership games. I'd imagine atmosphere for TFC must be sound as well.

tfcleeds
03-15-2012, 11:56 AM
Well, Real Sports have obviously let their "#1 sports bar in North America" tag get to their heads. I've noticed a steady decline in the quality of service there since they won that title.

I can't count the number of eating/drinking establishments I've been to in this city, but before last night, I had never been told by anyone that a tip I gave "wasn't sufficient". I feel insulted, especially given the amount of money I've spent in that place since it opened. Needless to say, they won't be getting my business for a good long time, if ever again.

Being shaken down for a larger tip - given the fact it's MLSE-owned, should I really be surprised?

Whoop
03-15-2012, 12:00 PM
That's fucked.

You should have taken the tip and said "well, now you get no tip".

jazzy
03-15-2012, 08:34 PM
in all fairness, at Croc's before the 'big 'game it was overheard by the majority of staff and doormen that we were cheap and not tipping at all..classless!.......having students that work, or have worked in the industry trying to get thru school,....i hope this wasn't the case of people showing up for the cheap drinks and NOT tipping. That's the policy and if you don't tip esp after service don't go to a bar.......servers have to give up good percentages of their sales to tenders, busboys and the such...many bars also take a cut of the servers sales...sometimes out their own pocket!,...in the big bars, .......so be fair 15% at least ....I give more,...esp if they are contributing to my night.

Ultra & Proud
03-16-2012, 03:47 PM
Kelly's Korner at McCowan and Kingston Road

Does anyone actually go here? My wife is a bartender there and I don't even go to watch matches there. However if someone else actually went then......

Ultra & Proud
03-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Generally now if I chose the local viewing option I hit Busters Pub near Warden & Kingston. They have 5 decent TVs so even if a Hockey game is on I can still watch Football.

Furtado91
03-16-2012, 04:03 PM
I live near Vp and ellesmere so I Don't know which one would be the closest to go to. would love to meet a few fellow Tfc fans in Scarborough.

Auzzy
04-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Can anyone recommend a place to watch a TFC game right at North York City Centre? I have to be there this Saturday during the game in Montreal (starting at noon), so I won't have time to travel. Just looking for a place to have an extended lunch break, that will have TSN on a TV for sure. (Doesn't have to have sound or the like.)

Jimmy The Saint
04-28-2012, 03:04 PM
So this Indian place still the place to be in Niagra Falls for a match? I'm in the falls for the night and would love to watch with some RPBs.

canadiantarheel
06-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Does anyone know of a good place to watch TFC in Stratford?

Oranje
06-06-2012, 11:14 PM
^^ Ditto, is there a regular establishment in Calgary?

CoachGT
07-10-2012, 07:38 AM
York Region North is on the move again. Sgt Peppers decided that their Wednesday night live band takes priority over TFC. So be it. So we tried Bigfoot on Sunday night. They aren't really laid out for watching a game and they seemed to have difficulty with preparing bills - large groups get one bill and are asked to split it apart themselves.

Saturdays appears to be useless anywhere in York. The next weeknight game will be watched at the Firkin in Newmarket - Gorham and Leslie.

prizby
08-30-2012, 09:59 AM
going to be in Halifax this weekend...anyone know where to go?

lintberg
08-30-2012, 10:02 AM
I was in Halifax a few weeks ago for the Olympic CNWT match, The Foggy Goggles on Argyle St was very Footie friendly.

Gilberto9
05-19-2013, 01:34 PM
Is there still a nice supporters place in Hamilton?

goodyear
01-25-2014, 02:15 PM
Anywhere good in Mississauga?

Wince
01-27-2014, 11:54 AM
I feel like I'm alone in the wilderness here. I'm always up for watching matches with other fans. I'd just like to get out of my living room once in a while

Same here, except different province. I know the Duke of Duckworth in St. John's is a good spot for soccer, but are there any TFC in Newfoundland? I can't be the only one.

Maltese Falcon
02-05-2014, 05:58 PM
What about in Burlington? Clanceys?

burlington Red
02-24-2014, 08:15 AM
anything being done in any of the bars in Niagara Falls for season opener March 15th

Newell
02-25-2014, 11:24 AM
Will also be in the Falls that weekend, shoot me a msg i have a few buddies that will come out.

Ruffian
03-29-2014, 11:43 AM
Will Shoeless Joe's at 1189 King be showing the game in Real Salt Lake tonight with full sound?

Redpunkfiddle
03-29-2014, 01:15 PM
Will Shoeless Joe's at 1189 King be showing the game in Real Salt Lake tonight with full sound?

Yes we'll get sound, give or take a couple of minutes when the Leafs game wraps up.

Fort York Redcoat
03-29-2014, 01:44 PM

Yep! And I will be THERE!!!

Abou Sky
03-29-2014, 05:57 PM
If the season opener was any indication, you won't be able to hear anything due to the insanity of the place anyway :-D

firm
04-03-2014, 07:34 PM
http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/images/icons/icon1.png clancy's in burlington

if anybody wants to join up ---clancy's in burlington is showing home and away games

fairview and appleby line

1/2 price wings for away games home games, after game with presentation of t.f.c ticket

pdogg
04-04-2014, 07:42 AM
Are there any TFC friendly places in the Brampton area? Joe's is nice and all, but a 40 minute drive each way for us northwesterners.

Pint
04-04-2014, 12:30 PM
http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/images/icons/icon1.png clancy's in burlington

if anybody wants to join up ---clancy's in burlington is showing away games

fairview and appleby line

1/2 price wings and T.F.C raffle for tic's for april 12th

I live around the corner from it but usually end up in Toronto for the games.

In the past they have closed halfway through late night mid week games... hope that won't be an issue this year.

lips
04-19-2014, 08:38 PM
Hamilton Supporters are welcome to join us at the Undermount 10 Young st Hamilton

Sweeper
05-16-2014, 09:27 AM
Where are the TFC friendly establishments in London, ON?

twistedchinaman
04-11-2018, 05:53 AM
Home and Away here in Calgary is becoming a popular spot.

Gold Cup I watched most of the games there, and wept openly when Bradley lifted the MLS Cup. Hoping to add CONCACAF Champions League win to that...I HOPE.

(Ship and Anchor is nice too, but watched the 2016 final there. Never again.)