PDA

View Full Version : Match-day programmes

Across_The_Pond
08-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Just wondering that the past few occasions that I have watched TFC play I can't recall seeing anyone selling a match-day programme. I'm sure though that I heard someone saying that the club doesn't and if this is true, what's the reason for this?

See you all at the DC game. :)

werewolf
08-01-2009, 10:51 AM
they give them out free...when they have them. Though there have been numerous games when I haven't seen one.

mighty_torontofc_2008
08-01-2009, 12:14 PM
we need a proper match day programme for each match...the crap mls produces is bush league and usual gets trown away, left under seats, etc make a proper one that makes a good collectable like the european clubs do.

Across_The_Pond
08-01-2009, 12:26 PM
we need a proper match day programme for each match...the crap mls produces is bush league and usual gets trown away, left under seats, etc make a proper one that makes a good collectable like the european clubs do.

This is what Im getting too. I'm suprised the club hasn't already looked at this as it's easy money and advertising. Strange too considering how much TFC market themselves etc...

Surely too, you as a fan would be interested to actually know about the opposition players?

mighty_torontofc_2008
08-01-2009, 12:43 PM
This is what Im getting too. I'm suprised the club hasn't already looked at this as it's easy money and advertising. Strange too considering how much TFC market themselves etc...

Surely too, you as a fan would be interested to actually know about the opposition players?

not just the players, but the clubs previous record against each other,
TFC's history in INt;'l friendlies, team poster, player posters etc. TFC could lead the way in making a proper programme..lets get it done TFC.

TFC programme vs Real Madrid?? a money maker for sure

prizby
08-01-2009, 04:01 PM
what are you going to do with a programme, keep track of the number of outs in an inning :p

Across_The_Pond
08-02-2009, 09:25 AM
what are you going to do with a programme, keep track of the number of outs in an inning :p

That certainly is an option. :D

Rochdale
08-02-2009, 09:29 AM
l have every copy since 2007.

Eastend
08-02-2009, 09:32 AM
The MLS gameday program is handed out 4 times a year....if I recall correctly. I don't really collect stuff so personally I wouldn't buy one if it were available at each game.

Across_The_Pond
08-02-2009, 10:23 AM
The MLS gameday program is handed out 4 times a year....if I recall correctly. I don't really collect stuff so personally I wouldn't buy one if it were available at each game.

Maybe the impact of the internet has lead to the demise/non-starter in the football programme, who knows.

Nuvinho
08-02-2009, 10:42 AM
I have a feeling we may see one for the Real Madrid/Toronto FC game......$5 or $10 with the Real Madrid profiles of every player, then only one or two pages for the Toronto FC players......haha!!!

flatpicker
08-02-2009, 11:36 AM
I think Tim90 can answer any questions you might have regarding game programmes.