View Full Version : Robbo launches his website www.robbo33.com

Jack
07-31-2009, 04:29 PM
I just received this little piece of news in my inbox so I thought I'd share:

http://www.robbo33.com/

It looks really good, actually :D

DangerRed
07-31-2009, 04:36 PM
It is a very slick web site. I just picked up one of the wallpapers for my work computer. Looks niiiiiiiiiice.

Brooker
07-31-2009, 04:47 PM
is it the same guy who did Danny's website?

looks very simalure in style.

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-31-2009, 04:49 PM
With the team's current injury woes in mind, I hope he decides not to head the flaming soccer ball.

Jack
07-31-2009, 05:34 PM
is it the same guy who did Danny's website?

looks very simalure in style.

They're all done by the same guy.

grizzle
07-31-2009, 07:22 PM
Very nicely designed site.

Daveisonfire
07-31-2009, 07:25 PM
Those FABU guys know how to make a decent looking wesite

Chevy
07-31-2009, 09:13 PM
With the team's current injury woes in mind, I hope he decides not to head the flaming soccer ball.

The flaming ball explains a lot. Now we know why Robbo can't keep it on his feet for more than a second!

ITS HOT! Gotta Pass it! OWIE OWIE! :flare:

RedsYNWA
07-31-2009, 09:40 PM
More people wasting time on shit instead of WORK
Ricketts anyone...or wait a minute our soon to be ex captain Brennan

arbogast
08-01-2009, 11:45 AM
More people wasting time on shit instead of WORK
Ricketts anyone...or wait a minute our soon to be ex captain Brennan

Agreed. The dude should be working on his game, not his webiste. When ROhan concentrated on his website and media career, his game suffered, Now Robbo's got a site and his game has been suffering of late. Conincedence? These guys should just stick to the football.

RealG-TFC
08-01-2009, 11:48 AM
^^ FWIW He probably spent very little time, himself, making the website.

Daveisonfire
08-01-2009, 11:53 AM
hahaha there is no correlation between websites and quality of play. Especially for someone with the professionalism of Robbo.

It's not like he designed the website himself...he probably just told the designers what he wanted to see which takes what...maybe an hour?

The only thing he will "waste time" on will be writing a blog once in awhile...which he has already been doing for the County Times.

--------

Maybe the guys should stop doing charity work and concentrate on their game:rolleyes:

The Kingpin
08-01-2009, 11:55 AM
Guys... I don't think he built the website himself... Something like this; "Hey Robbo, want a website?"... "Sure, that'd be cool." Whew! Now my game is falling apart!! *rolling eyes at how ridiculous some are*

Gixmo
08-01-2009, 12:06 PM
I wonder if he can/will post the windmill...

v00d00daddy
08-01-2009, 12:07 PM
Nice site.

One more thing to add to the long list of reasons why people love this guy.

-lots of heart
-tackles hard
-great with the fans....errrr "supporters"
-writes a story once in a while in a newspaper somewhere far away
-has nice new glossy website.

The only thing missing is the technical ability and mind to be a good soccer player.

No worries.....I'm sure it will come.

Here's a question. How does he go from team MVP two years in a row to one of the weakest links on our team in one year?

Answer: He never was our MVP. We just treated him that way.

Nice website though

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-01-2009, 12:13 PM
Get to know the man who makes BMO the field of screams?

Dirk Diggler
08-01-2009, 12:34 PM
All their websites look very similar.

jabbronies
08-01-2009, 12:35 PM
The only thing missing is the technical ability and mind to be a good soccer player.

No worries.....I'm sure it will come.

Here's a question. How does he go from team MVP two years in a row to one of the weakest links on our team in one year?

Answer: He never was our MVP. We just treated him that way.

Seriously??? You guys dump on him so quickly!
The guy has one bad season and you're ready to ship him off on the first plane back to the UK.

I don't think TFC fans are the only ones who think he deserved to be the team MVP last year. I don't think SoccerbyIves is a TFC fan - he considered Carl Robinson an All Star Calibre player last year: http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2008/07/the-mls-all-sta.html

Carl Robinson is a holding Midfielder. He tracks back well and wins the ball a shit load in the Mid. Yes his passing is shit right now, but the other things he does on the field - basically what he's paid to do - is fine IMO.

v00d00daddy
08-01-2009, 12:40 PM
Seriously??? You guys dump on him so quickly!
The guy has one bad season and you're ready to ship him off on the first plane back to the UK.

i've hated his game since year one. He's a middle of the road player which doesn't bother me. What does bother me is when middle of the road players get praise worthy of a superstar.

It has hurt this team since day one.

jabbronies
08-01-2009, 12:46 PM
i've hated his game since year one. He's a middle of the road player which doesn't bother me. What does bother me is when middle of the road players get praise worthy of a superstar.

It has hurt this team since day one.

Fair enough. I just wouldn't paint Robbo with that brush. I think he's a middle of the road European player, yes. but this is MLS and in the MLS those players are more in the top calibre players.

At least for right now that is. In 4-5 years once the cap has increased and we can keep/attract the better players, then this excuse shouldn't be valid.

FluSH
08-01-2009, 02:59 PM
great layout however has anyone spotted the errors on the website?

Bars92
08-01-2009, 03:45 PM
^soccer balls are not actually on fire?

Stryker
08-01-2009, 04:01 PM
I just put the image up of Robo holding the ball as my desktop on my PS3.
Set the image to the right hand side of the screen and zoom in abit.
It allows you to see the icons clearly and it looks SICK.

Also a hint here, if you left click on the wallpapers in the top left corner on the main page for each wallpaper, you can save the image without Robo's crest.

Cashcleaner
08-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Those wallpapers are insanely cool! Robbo, if you're lurking the RPB forums and reading this, NICE WEBSITE!

Roogsy
08-01-2009, 04:51 PM
I am sure these players spend countless hours in front of a computer using their web programming skills to get these websites up. Shame on them. :rolleyes:

Does anyone here spend 24 hours a day at their job? If so...please speak up because I am tired of people complaining about these players spending some resources on their marketing and I want to know who here has reasonable grounds to whine about that. Otherwise, it's utter crap to complain about athletes marketing themselves. Starting with Ricketts and any other players who do it. These guys train as long as the team asks of them, what they do with their extra time after training is done is irrelevant to what they produce on the pitch and anyone who complains about it is ignorant.

If you think they're crap players, fine. But producing a website has nothing to do with it and forcing a connection between the two just reeks of trying too hard.

manic.street.preacher
08-01-2009, 04:59 PM
those wallpapers are fuckin sick!!! <3

v00d00daddy
08-01-2009, 05:06 PM
Here's a question...why the fuck are we talking about Robbo's wallpapers and such?

Who cares.

The site looks good but it's pointless. What does it have to do with anything?

Robbo...if you're lurking the RPB boards....please take a seat on the bench tonight. TFC needs more than you can offer right now.

Thanks.

ps....your website is wonderfully, spectacularly beautiful.

Stryker
08-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Here's a question...why the fuck are we talking about Robbo's wallpapers and such?

Who cares.
Umm.. because its something to talk about between the games.
Is there a problem with that?

v00d00daddy
08-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Umm.. because its something to talk about between the games.
Is there a problem with that?

No. Fill your boots. I just find it strange that on a game day, we're talking about Robbo's web site.

JDG
08-01-2009, 06:01 PM
No. Fill your boots. I just find it strange that on a game day, we're talking about Robbo's web site.

You've single handedly done more to encourage this thread than anyone else, with 4 posts of your own and 4 posts that are direct responses to your comments.
At 8/30 posts - you're responsible for 24% of the activity here!!! :rolleyes:

v00d00daddy
08-01-2009, 06:14 PM
You've single handedly done more to encourage this thread than anyone else, with 4 posts of your own and 4 posts that are direct responses to your comments.
At 8/30 posts - you're responsible for 24% of the activity here!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the math lesson...and how about those wallpapers!

ExiledRed
08-01-2009, 06:32 PM
great layout however has anyone spotted the errors on the website?

Yes,

This site made me chuckle almost as much as Jimmy's 'messiah' site.

It's quite dramatic isn't it? what with the flaming footballs and the dragon attacking the CN tower, and the burning eyes. I'm also enjoying all the oddly placed symbols, decals and olde worlde fonts, that I think are supposed to invoke the welsh gaelic thing.

The designer needs to get himself into a studio that caters to videogames or rock bands ASAP.

Roogsy
08-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Yes,

It's quite dramatic isn't it? what with the flaming footballs and the dragon attacking the CN tower, and the burning eyes. I'm also enjoying all the oddly placed symbols, decals and olde worlde fonts, that I think are supposed to invoke the welsh gaelic thing.

The designer needs to get himself into a studio that caters to videogames or rock bands ASAP.

:lol:

I agree!

Up The TFC
08-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Yes,

He's actually an ex-pro from Turkey, if you can believe it. Ankaraspor.

rocktml
08-01-2009, 10:12 PM
Those wallpapers are awesome!!!!

Dirk Diggler
08-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Yes,

Yeah ... all his websites are quite dramatic aren't they? Makes the players seem conceited egomaniacs.

ExiledRed
08-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Can't wait till he does one for Mo.

He'll be parting the red sea, with lightning coming from his fingertips.

ExiledRed
08-02-2009, 12:06 AM
This image from the site is a classic

http://www.robbo33.com/images/multimedia/pictures/picture2.jpg