PDA

View Full Version : Onward! -- Way too predictable

Ben Knight
07-31-2009, 01:04 PM
TFC's loss to Puerto Rico came straight out of the textbook.

http://onwardsoccer.com/2009/07/31/way-too-predictable/

Lucky Strike
07-31-2009, 01:23 PM
+1. We were just having a similar conversation in another thread on the need to vary the tactical approach to the match. I still can't believe we lost that match, even a 0-0 would have been satisfactory because we wouldn't have conceded an away goal.

mastermixer
07-31-2009, 01:24 PM
I had a bad feeling about this game before it started too. Personally one of the worst team performances I have seen all year and I did watch the Houston game. They could not put a pass together! Hopefully with A.G. and Serioux back for Tuesday we should do better. At least we don't need 5 goals!

Lucky Strike
07-31-2009, 01:27 PM
I had a bad feeling about this game before it started too. Personally one of the worst team performances I have seen all year and I did watch the Houston game. They could not put a pass together! Hopefully with A.G. and Serioux back for Tuesday we should do better. At least we don't need 5 goals!

I did too. It felt as if we used all our luck for the Montreal Miracle. It still does. I make it a point of deriding managers who complain about a bad result because of "negative tactics" by the other team (in the sense that both teams start with 11 players, it's up to them to make the most of it), but Puerto Rico never came to play and it's disgusting. I'm a bit closer to understanding how those managers feel.

BayernTFC
07-31-2009, 01:33 PM
A good read with interesting analysis. I couldn't help but notice these comments:

The situation properly calls for air support. A good rain of consistent crosses. Glaring problem is, though, unless Jim Brennan is playing left wing against a last-place MLS team, Toronto FC has never been even as good as sub-adequate at crossing the ball.
I am in total agreement with you there. I look forward to reading your next article.