PDA

View Full Version : Rohan Ricketts on skysports.com

STB
07-30-2009, 06:42 PM
No exactly an interview but Ricketts is on this week skysports scout

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11096_5460108,00.html

Quite interesting to see his side of view on TFC. Hope the good guy gets a job soon :D

Troll
07-30-2009, 06:47 PM
He does. I saw him selling Firm(wear) shirts out of the back of a van on Atlantic Ave.

ua-kozak_TFC
07-30-2009, 07:24 PM
No exactly an interview but Ricketts is on this week skysports scout

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11096_5460108,00.html

Quite interesting to see his side of view on TFC. Hope the good guy gets a job soon :D
why??... i have nosympathy for incompetence.... this guy all he thinks about is money...

If you think he was being a "nice guy" ( stop being naive!) ...that was all for PR reasons....

raj100
07-30-2009, 08:17 PM
why??... i have nosympathy for that was all for PR reasons....

puerto rico reasons? :driving::drinking: :auto: = :nono:

prizby
07-30-2009, 08:57 PM
opps wrong thread

prizby
07-30-2009, 09:00 PM
opps wrong thread

prizby
07-30-2009, 09:01 PM
"The talented midfielder elected to leave Toronto in the aftermath of head coach John Carver's decision to quit the MLS outfit."

he quit?

""If you're a touch player, be it Iniesta or whoever, you're not going to see the best of them unless you play proper football. Put Iniesta in League One and he won't be the same player as he is at Barcelona."

make sense, see becks

VPjr
07-30-2009, 09:03 PM
this article must be talking about some other guy named Rohan Ricketts. To say he "quit" is farcical. TFC quit him.

Darlofletch
07-30-2009, 10:02 PM
Did he write that himself? Certainly seems designed to make him look good, and like his spell at TFC was just a little bit beneath him.

he decided to quit? really? that's not the impression he himself gave before.
He quit because John Carver quit? really? seemed like he hung around for quite a while after Carver left.

"Footballers are like pop stars. "When I was younger I tasted that life, now I've matured and I'm hungry for something different. Getting caught up in that lifestyle got me to where I am now. As a result I'm hungrier, humbler, and looking for that opportunity."

Sounds like he thinks of his time at TFC as hitting rock bottom.

"My mind was taken off the target a bit but I'm still only 26 and I've seen the light. And I'm so hungry. I just want to play football - it's something that I've got to do."-

really? i thought he always said that he was totally committed to football and all the other stuff wasn't a distraction at all.

Ah, well. Good luck to him.

jloome
07-30-2009, 10:20 PM
Rollin' with excuses, apparently.

Toronto_Bhoy
07-30-2009, 10:24 PM
Like OctoMom, The Bachelorette and John & Kate...Rohan...not important.

Stryker
07-30-2009, 10:30 PM
Both him and his cousin should be hit with flying beers at BMO.

Brooker
07-30-2009, 11:09 PM
LMAO @ that article.

TFCWEST
07-31-2009, 12:18 AM
Pretty comical. We all know the truth, but what do you think he's going to say?.. I lost my spot in the starting lineup because I just couldn't cut it(in the MLS - isn't viewed in the highest regard overseas).. Not the best way to sell yourself. I don't blame him one bit.

King Tut
07-31-2009, 03:40 AM
Speaking of Rohan Twitter, Darren Bent has been diagnosed with the Twitter virus and Tottenham are investigating! :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/8177678.stm

OHARARULES
07-31-2009, 12:14 PM
That whole article kinda seems a little desperate.

Lucky Strike
07-31-2009, 12:33 PM
That whole article kinda seems a little desperate.

Yeah, but again it's only because we know the truth. He's trying to sell himself and sugar coats reality to do so. It's not unusual in my view.

The only problem I have is that he said that Europe "is where football is number one". While that's true, when I read between the lines, it means that in North America, football isn't number one, which is also true. So what's my problem with it?

To me, it sounds like he's implying that MLS doesn't take the sport seriously. MLS has flaws, we think some of its ideas are stupid but the people involved are very much committed to the sport and we may think their ideas are stupid (and even have good cause), but those ideas are obviously implemented because the people of MLS think it's a good idea - it's not like they're going to intentionally do something that they think won't benefit the league.

Oblio2
07-31-2009, 02:58 PM
Tottenham blog on RR
Sounds like he's making out he left because of Carver

http://www.dearmrlevy.com/dml/2009/7/31/rohan-ricketts-is-back.html

Darlofletch
07-31-2009, 03:25 PM
Pretty comical. We all know the truth, but what do you think he's going to say?.. I lost my spot in the starting lineup because I just couldn't cut it(in the MLS - isn't viewed in the highest regard overseas).. Not the best way to sell yourself. I don't blame him one bit.

I don't blame Ricketts either, hell, my work experience looks a lot less crappy on my resume than it actually is, for some reason I forgot to mention that I spend roughly half of my work day on the internet.

But what the hell was the guy who wrote and posted the article doing? Aren't fact checking, research and a healthy dose of cynicism required any more?

STB
07-31-2009, 03:29 PM
Yeah it did sound a little biased towards old Rickets but he is hardly going to say:

"Oh yeah that MLS club tossed me on the scrap heap so im trying to get back into the premiership"

Whenever i saw him on telly he seemed like a half decent chap and he does some good charity stuff apparently, thats why I hope he gets a job soon

Marco2K
07-31-2009, 05:46 PM
Man he wants to go play in spain?? Damn i dont even think he could make a second divison team in spain.

His time with Toronto was a joke.