PDA

View Full Version : Incident in 123

TFC OZZ
07-30-2009, 04:48 PM
My father and I have been season ticket holders in section 123 and 117 since December 2006, last night was the climax to an ongoing issue that I, as well as many other people in my section have had with a sole patron for as long as I can remember.

Just to make it more understandable, I'm the ONE guy in 123, that wears face paint, and one of probably 5 people that consistently chant and sing in the section. There's this one guy, about 5 rows back at about row 11 or 12, that honest to god EVERY single game that I have gone to screams and whines and complains to the point where it's beyond unacceptable. I raised this issue on the boards a while back, because at a particular game he was focused solely on John Carver and screaming insults such as "FUCK YOU CARVER" "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING CARVER" "GO BACK TO NEWCASTLE CARVER". Being a relatively quite section, no one ever says anything, and just ignores him; and to be honest, a lot of the people probably didn't even know who Carver was and it was their first game. The problem is the fact that no matter who's coaching, no matter what the score is, and no matter who the substitution is, he always screams his lungs out about how he disapproves and it's an insanely stupid move.

I have two big issues. The first, is the fact that his incessant insults towards our team, which they can NO DOUBT hear very clearly because of their proximity to us (we're directly behind them) in no way serve any purpose other than negatively impact our team's performance. I'm fine with criticism, AFTER the game, but what he says during the game can in no way be helpful, and to be honest it's obnoxious. I often scream things, but I can't think of anything I ever say that wouldn't be seen as helpful.

My second issue, is really what occurred last night. The entire game he was freaking out about how Cummins wasn't doing enough by yelling "GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER CUMMINS" and "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR FUCKING DOING CUMMINS" which was expected from him. The ranting continued throughout the game for many more things until Dichio came on and he stood up and screamed "DICHIO YOUR FUCKING SHIT, YOUR OVERPAID AND YOU FUCKING SUCK, YOUR A WASTE OF SPACE AND NOTHING BUT A GOODLUCK CHARM". Obviously when he said that, a couple of my people in my section told him to shut up, and then my dad did the same to which he replied "SIT THE FUCK DOWN OLD MAN". I immediately stood up, and told him he was retarted. He went on a rant about how he was a season ticket holder, and how he "DIDN'T PAY FOR THIS SHIT". I told him 16000 people in the stadium were season ticket holders, and everyone else had paid for the game, and if he didn't like it he should get out. The ranting continued until after the game when I was leaving, and he was talking to security at the top of the section, and he pointed at me and said "FACEPAINT OVER THERE WAS HARASSING ME". I had to leave in a hurry for a seperate reason, but outside the stadium I ran into two of the other guys in my section, and they said that he had also tried to get security to throw me out, and get me banned from our section. As you can obviously tell, I was very upset to hear this.

I'm sorry for the long post, but I really wanted to know what other RPB's, - or on the off chance that Paul Bierne reads this - think about this situation. I think I'm a pretty hardcore fan (i realise im in 123, but that's because my dad likes the seats), but I really don't think that that kind of thing deserves any place at BMO.

MartinUtd
07-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Sorry to hear it.

How has security not taken issue with him yet? I mean.. that is a "family section", right?

zeelaw
07-30-2009, 05:02 PM
If its a toned down section why is the guy allowed to yell things like that.

mlsintoronto
07-30-2009, 05:07 PM
He drove Carver absolutely batty! This post helps because no I have a complaint to follow up on. I don't know exactly who it is but I'm aware of what you're talking about. You crazy face-painter!

grizzle
07-30-2009, 05:15 PM
Why don't you point him out to security while he is doing it during the game and see if they will deal with him. Write a letter to the FO also or try their "text your issues" thing during the game to see what they do.

NVM.. didn't see Paul had responded already.

Kevvv
Now we know why he left

TFC OZZ
He drove Carver absolutely batty! This post helps because no I have a complaint to follow up on. I don't know exactly who it is but I'm aware of what you're talking about. You crazy face-painter!

Oh I know! How could it not!? I never said anything, because I'm really not one to complain to security, I'd usually rather take the issue up with the guy himself, which I have done a couple of times in the past, but last night was an absolute screaming match. Like honestly, the stuff this guy says is just disheartening, and so negative.

I'm so happy you responded, if need be I can identify him in one second.

Kevvv
07-30-2009, 05:16 PM
"text your issues" thing during the game to see what they do.

Does that still work? I have a loose screw. Well, my seat does, but the text thing didn't work for me

Carts
07-30-2009, 05:24 PM
Next time someone wants to toss a beer on the field, walk over to 123 and toss it on this mouthy guy! :D

Carts...

flatpicker
07-30-2009, 05:25 PM
People who ruin the fan experience with ridiculous behaviour are so disappointing.

How do they not realise that their actions are unacceptable?

Do they not know that they are being an ass? Or perhaps they find it amusing to be an ass.

Anyway... it's a crappy situation, but I am happy that Paul has commented in this thread.

FluSH
07-30-2009, 05:31 PM
My father and I have been season ticket holders in section 123 and 117 since December 2006, last night was the climax to an ongoing issue that I, as well as many other people in my section have had with a sole patron for as long as I can remember.

Just to make it more understandable, I'm the ONE guy in 123, that wears face paint, and one of probably 5 people that consistently chant and sing in the section. There's this one guy, about 5 rows back at about row 11 or 12, that honest to god EVERY single game that I have gone to screams and whines and complains to the point where it's beyond unacceptable. I raised this issue on the boards a while back, because at a particular game he was focused solely on John Carver and screaming insults such as "FUCK YOU CARVER" "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING CARVER" "GO BACK TO NEWCASTLE CARVER". Being a relatively quite section, no one ever says anything, and just ignores him; and to be honest, a lot of the people probably didn't even know who Carver was and it was their first game. The problem is the fact that no matter who's coaching, no matter what the score is, and no matter who the substitution is, he always screams his lungs out about how he disapproves and it's an insanely stupid move.

I have two big issues. The first, is the fact that his incessant insults towards our team, which they can NO DOUBT hear very clearly because of their proximity to us (we're directly behind them) in no way serve any purpose other than negatively impact our team's performance. I'm fine with criticism, AFTER the game, but what he says during the game can in no way be helpful, and to be honest it's obnoxious. I often scream things, but I can't think of anything I ever say that wouldn't be seen as helpful.

My second issue, is really what occurred last night. The entire game he was freaking out about how Cummins wasn't doing enough by yelling "GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER CUMMINS" and "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR FUCKING DOING CUMMINS" which was expected from him. The ranting continued throughout the game for many more things until Dichio came on and he stood up and screamed "DICHIO YOUR FUCKING SHIT, YOUR OVERPAID AND YOU FUCKING SUCK, YOUR A WASTE OF SPACE AND NOTHING BUT A GOODLUCK CHARM". Obviously when he said that, a couple of my people in my section told him to shut up, and then my dad did the same to which he replied "SIT THE FUCK DOWN OLD MAN". I immediately stood up, and told him he was retarted. He went on a rant about how he was a season ticket holder, and how he "DIDN'T PAY FOR THIS SHIT". I told him 16000 people in the stadium were season ticket holders, and everyone else had paid for the game, and if he didn't like it he should get out. The ranting continued until after the game when I was leaving, and he was talking to security at the top of the section, and he pointed at me and said "FACEPAINT OVER THERE WAS HARASSING ME". I had to leave in a hurry for a seperate reason, but outside the stadium I ran into two of the other guys in my section, and they said that he had also tried to get security to throw me out, and get me banned from our section. As you can obviously tell, I was very upset to hear this.

I'm sorry for the long post, but I really wanted to know what other RPB's, - or on the off chance that Paul Bierne reads this - think about this situation. I think I'm a pretty hardcore fan (i realise im in 123, but that's because my dad likes the seats), but I really don't think that that kind of thing deserves any place at BMO.

So this is the reason why Carver left Toronto!!!

Parkdale
07-30-2009, 05:42 PM
Hey Facepaint dude...

I sit in the front row of 223, right above you, and have seen you and your pops a number of times. I can't say that I've heard this yelling guy, but it's probably because I'm not in the direction of his shouting. I have seen that there's quite a mix of people in 123, and some are totally into the game (like you) and some are not. It seems like this guy is just a bitter, angry dude who should be putting his season ticket cash towards anger management therapy instead. Don't let someone like that get you down.

now for the 4 "hot chicks" in orange last night who kept chanting FOR the islanders and against TFC..... When I told you that "JLo sucks and her music is painful to listen to".... I really meant it.

Parkdale
07-30-2009, 05:45 PM
another side note....

As I was leaving at the North West corner near the Food building, it looks like security was making sure someone got out. I'm not sure what the story was, but I do know that security should NOT be saying things like get the fuck out, and stay the fuck out to paying customers, even if they are ejected.

security should never swear at patrons.

DOMIN8R
07-30-2009, 05:46 PM
Not to distract from your thread ,Ozz....But honestly, there is at least one of these nutbars in every section. In 108 there are 5 guys in a row who complain about every bloody player, every moment of the game.

It makes me sick to my stomach.

I've called them out a few times. But I'm all alone. I can tell that others are clearly annoyed but being typical Canadians everyone stays quiet. I had the same problem in 115 which is part of the reason I moved.

It's one be dissatisfiedwith the team's performance. It's another thing to annoy everyone around you because you think yelling insults is appropriate.

This has become a major annoyance when attending games.

prizby
07-30-2009, 05:48 PM

another, similar type incident actually happened in the actual FAMILY SECTION (section 227) where my dad was with my LITTLE sister. There were some drunks who clearly belonged somewhere in the southside, and they used quite obsessive foul language and when my dad complained to the security, and im pretty sure i know which security this, the guy tells my dad off saying "im in charge and i choose when its obsessive". Sorry but TFC has advertised s227 as family friendly (quoted below), and the first thing my dad tells me when I meet up with him afterwards was something along the lines of "I never want to sit in that section ever again, the people there were extremely rude". He also said the blue shirt lady understood the problem but seemed powerless, but it was the yellow jacket security that was just as bad as the fans.

"New for 2009, BMO Field will be offering a family section for all Toronto FC matches. Located in the upper northwest corner of the stadium, section 227 will offer fans the opportunity to enjoy the game in a family-friendly atmosphere. A policy of no standing and no foul language will be enforced in this area."

^
My dad is wondering when this policy was going to be enforced last night?

GhostKiller
07-30-2009, 05:49 PM

Can't say what you should do. But there are some people at BMO field who would put a dent in someones head for acting like that. Just saying.

AL-MO
07-30-2009, 05:53 PM
Send him over to 112. We'll deal with him pretty quickly. :D

Pigfynn
07-30-2009, 06:00 PM
I can'y believe more people from your section don't put the guy in his place or atleast secretly complain to security!

Shep
07-30-2009, 06:01 PM
another side note....

As I was leaving at the North West corner near the Food building, it looks like security was making sure someone got out. I'm not sure what the story was, but I do know that security should NOT be saying things like get the fuck out, and stay the fuck out to paying customers, even if they are ejected.

security should never swear at patrons.

That guy was trying to get back in for some reason and they grabbed him and forced him back out, he kept moving away and they followed him bantering. It was weird.

I was beside you when you were telling them to watch their language around the kids :)

MUFC_Niagara
07-30-2009, 06:01 PM
There was 2 loud mouths in 110 last night about 2 rows behind me......it was very annoying.....I know how you feel man.

Pigfynn
07-30-2009, 06:08 PM
If these people hate the players/league/coach/Field etc. etc. They should just stop coming and bothering the people that support this club. Actually same thing could go for a small group on here :)

Look, this league will never be the league that some wish it was...it's best that this realization hits a few people so they can move on or just move back to only watching European leagues a 8 in the morning.

It's all about facing reality.

Raging Reggie
07-30-2009, 06:13 PM
what a douche bag, if all you do is bitch and whine and complain have have so much hate on for the team why not save yourself some cash and not renewal your tickets and stay home and yell at the TV. Or even still why even follow if your hate them?

dummy

onemanbarmyarmy
07-30-2009, 06:14 PM
Don't get me started about the chanting "muppet" in 112 last night. He almost took a "dirt nap" if you "know what I "mean"".

Pigfynn
07-30-2009, 06:14 PM
^^I'd like to quickly say that this doesn't mean I don't think there is time for criticism and also time for change to be demanded...just not every game and by way of yelling that our players, coaches and whole team are shit.

ensco
07-30-2009, 06:15 PM
224 has a couple of guys like this. They don't come to every game, fortunately.

scooter
07-30-2009, 06:24 PM
i know who hal is talking about in 108 but they are just a waste of space
worst was huston game and 2 kids behind me maybe 6 years old yelling that the team is bad and no responsible parent told them to be quiet they just went on an on and had no clue what they were talking about
hopefully they will put in a north stand and only supporters can sit there which can be monitored by supporters groups and no fucking scalpers

TFC OZZ
07-30-2009, 06:46 PM
Not to distract from your thread ,Ozz....But honestly, there is at least one of these nutbars in every section. In 108 there are 5 guys in a row who complain about every bloody player, every moment of the game.

Oh, I'm sure, but like I said one of the main issues that I feel kind of separates this guy from others is his proximity to the players. Even Paul mentioned that Carver was able to hear him; so while other mouthy fans' vocal opinions are only heard by fans around them, this guy is pretty much like a loudspeaker right next to our guys.

Pookie
07-30-2009, 08:46 PM
I would look at this like I do at work. If there is an ongoing issue, it needs to be documented in order to take action.

ozz, I have no reason at all to doubt your story. In saying that though, if you did get kicked out and this guy made up a number of claims, you'd have very little recourse if you haven't documented your experience with fan services (or whichever FO department).

It's one thing to sit with fans that aren't knowledgeable or negative but if this is becoming personal with a "sit the fuck down old man", I'd really suggest you get something on paper with fan services.

You guys are going to run into each other at the next home game. You want to cover yourself.

Parkdale
07-30-2009, 08:52 PM
I was beside you when you were telling them to watch their language around the kids :)

hahaha... I'm too easy to easy to recognize.

hopefully they will put in a north stand and only supporters can sit there which can be monitored by supporters groups and no fucking scalpers

or how about this as an idea....

make those north stands the 'asshole section'. If you're one of those guys
feels the need to swear in front of children, scream at players on the bench,
tell of the trainers, yell at the 4th official (who is just a glorified wrist watch)
then you get stuck in the asshole zone. AND... the asshole security works there.

Then once all the assholes are together in one spot,
we roll them up in a carpet and throw them off a bridge*

* it's a Homer quote, and not to be taken seriously, like most of my post.

prizby
07-30-2009, 08:54 PM
i'm one of those guys that wanna yell at parkdale, do i get a special seat?

Parkdale
07-30-2009, 09:07 PM
yeah, right next to king Dave

stretchthetruth
07-31-2009, 01:14 AM
There was 2 loud mouths in 110 last night about 2 rows behind me......it was very annoying.....I know how you feel man.

i think i saw them.. what row are u in?

The_Brace
07-31-2009, 07:06 AM
110 Gets a weird mix sometimes. I am a SSH and there have been some games that some vistors to the section can get pretty out of hand. Some guy actual tried to crowd surf down the section once landing on several people...

English Rachel
07-31-2009, 07:21 AM
:( that's shitty mate, and an awful situation to be in. If someone had said something like that to one of my parents, I fear I would have seriously lost my shit and ended up in jail. Also, if someone was dissing my team constantly, I would probably lose my shit, too. Don't get me wrong, you'll hear me say "who the fuck was that to?" when there's a misplaced ball or "come on guys, COMMUNICATE" but that's as negative as I get :)

Ironic how a moron can get away with that shit in a family section but I get told to be quiet in 116 (the security guard was watching me last night, too, I kept smiling at him).

Let's hope Paul can give you some back up next game to shut this dude up.

prizby
07-31-2009, 07:21 AM
^LOL @ crowd surf

The_Brace
07-31-2009, 07:23 AM
^LOL @ crowd surf
The crowd surf was pretty funny.

Although he fell backwards on a family...that was the not so smart part.

rocker
07-31-2009, 07:59 AM
i was in 123 (row 1) for the Houston game.. I wonder if this was the same guy I heard. I remember hearing some dude heckle Barrett a lot after he came off. I didn't think Barrett had a particularly bad game but out of the blue some guy was yelling at him. It seemed really out of context for the moment... it wasn't like we were losing or Barrett flubbed any chances.

Personally, I reserve that criticism for the boards and whatnot., At the games, my heckling goes straight on the opposition :) I actually wanna get seats right behind the visiting bench for that purpose. "Hey Cooper!!! You know Cunningham makes double the money you do? MLS players union says so! Isn't that a joke!!! Cunningham should be payin' you!!!!!!!!"

Oblio2
07-31-2009, 08:07 AM
110 Gets a weird mix sometimes. I am a SSH and there have been some games that some vistors to the section can get pretty out of hand. Some guy actual tried to crowd surf down the section once landing on several people...

Where was the crowd surf guy?

I have tix in 110, row 20 although my brother and his wife use them

__wowza
07-31-2009, 08:35 AM
you think thats bad? when i was up in 226 there was a drunken fan yelling: "DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" every five seconds.

then he started yelling for them to pass it to dichio, who was on the bench at the time.

Then he started yelling "WHAT KINDVE SHOT WAS THAT GUVERA!?".

THEN he started yelling that brennan was an asshole and tried to start up a fire ricketts chant, AND MEANT IT.

Hitcho
07-31-2009, 08:41 AM
Feel your pain dude. In 118 there's a guy with an icnredibly loud voice right behind me who just spends the whole game screaming at the ref, no matter how good or bad the cvall might be. He then starts with the "SHOOT!!! SHOOT!!!" if TFC haven't scored or are behind regardless of pitch position. Then comes the "YOU SUUUUUUCK!" and "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!", all competely ignorant of what is actually going on in the game. He paid for his seats and it;s south end so he can stand and yell if he wants I guess, but honestly, I'm amazed at the totallack of self recpect these people have, nto to mention their arrogance, or the lack of consideration for those around them. The chanting in 118 basically runs from me forward (I'm in row 14) so all around this guy is usually fairly quiet, and off he goes, right in my ear. The he starts tapping me on the shoulder, pretending it wasn't him and laughing while I am trying to watch the game. He's a fucking prick sometimes, but what can you do? I don;t want to start any aggrow tih him if he's there every week.

Your situation is worse though - I'd take the above advice and start calling your ticket rep on a weekly basis, or getting e-mails to the club about it (copied to yourself so you can show you sent them). If he's going to try and get you thrown out, you cannot rely on security to be dependable and sensible in any way. Too many stories of them being iditoic fuckwits on these boards. get your complaints in writing or logged with your ticket rep. You could also ask others in your section (discretely) if they are having similar issues with this guy. If enough people complain he might be asked to tone it down and if he persists, the club at least then has a basis for taking action against him.

SilverSamurai
07-31-2009, 08:42 AM
I know what you guys mean sort of. Usually im in 111 and their are some dudes behind hazy's seats that always yell out these crazy negative comments. Not sure if that's how it is still (I only sat there for the opener), but STFU!

Worst that was in 118 on Wed was the guys behind me doing a Ricketts chant, and they couldn't tell the dif. b/w Garcia and Vitti. lol

Belfast_Boy
07-31-2009, 08:56 AM
sounds like these people are the reason head butts were invented.

C.Ronaldo
07-31-2009, 09:16 AM
security is very inconsistent.

ps.
I didn't realise these comments affect the players so much.

pppperkins
07-31-2009, 09:23 AM
im in the prawns 123 row 8 lets get some coordination in the section and drown the negativity out. i will see u at next game.

Scito
07-31-2009, 09:30 AM
I'm in 123 r 17. Sorry for your trouble Facepaint, but maybe this is what we needed to get something happening where we are. Trouble is only about half (if that) of the crowd are regulars - the rest are obviously corporate giveaways. But most people seem willing to get into it if you tell them what's going on.

Yeoman
07-31-2009, 01:07 PM
Send him over to Yeoman. he'll deal with him pretty quickly. :D

oh well i didn't know you felt like that almo, but i suppose I could do that since carts think i have that voice of god that puts fear into men when i'm fired up.
seriously;
send trouble makers my way and angry army voice comes out.

AL-MO
07-31-2009, 01:11 PM
LOL :lol:

Cashcleaner
07-31-2009, 01:19 PM
I don't see why you guys don't just yell back to the guy and tell him to shut the fuck up?

Seriously, you're not going to get kicked out or anything and you'll probably win over the others in your section. What the fuck happened to this group? We all used to be so proud of our team. Are people here getting soft?

I've had one guy in 111 talk his mouth off about shit he didn't know and I told him flat out to shut up because he didn't know what he was talking about. Haven't heard a peep outta him since.

Hitcho
07-31-2009, 01:30 PM
^ most people don;t want aggro with other SSH's they have to see every game for the next however many years, it would ruin your match day experience to be constantly uptight about someone you started a mini war with.

but no reason why you can;t approach the guy peacefulyl and say "listen, it;s your right to cheer at games, but you;re being kind of negative, can you try supporting the team instead? and cut out the language as well please, there are kids around." Or whatever.

Section225
07-31-2009, 01:38 PM
there's a guy who wears a TFC cape in the top of my section, he looks ridiculous...calling every single person who leaves a bit early (when TFC are playing like shit as usual) a "part-time supporter"....someone needs to tell him to mind his own business. People usually ignore him or just have a bit of a laugh at him.

a CAPE?! haha...

T-Bird
07-31-2009, 01:39 PM
That sucks man! I don't think I would have the patience for that at all!

Aside: Why would anyone purchase season tickets and go to every game just to harass and heckle their own team? It makes no sense!

SilverSamurai
07-31-2009, 01:55 PM
That sucks man! I don't think I would have the patience for that at all!

Aside: Why would anyone purchase season tickets and go to every game just to harass and heckle their own team? It makes no sense!
Why would someone pay and leave early, during every single game?

Jeffro
07-31-2009, 02:17 PM
118 is brutal now, a lot of the seats around me are now empty every game, and the people behind me spend the entire game taunting our substitutes, telling them to go sit down and shouting at our players who come within earshot.

I've said things in the past but have since given up because most of the time it's me and one or two people up against about 20 douchebags.

It makes every matchday a hell of a lot less enjoyable.

Don Julio
07-31-2009, 02:32 PM
Why would someone pay and leave early, during every single game?

Why would someone pay to see the game and then spend the last 15 minutes heckling people that are leaving early instead of watching it?

Hitcho
07-31-2009, 02:39 PM
118 is brutal now, a lot of the seats around me are now empty every game, and the people behind me spend the entire game taunting our substitutes, telling them to go sit down and shouting at our players who come within earshot.

I've said things in the past but have since given up because most of the time it's me and one or two people up against about 20 douchebags.

It makes every matchday a hell of a lot less enjoyable.

Which row in 118 are you in Jeffro?

Pookie
07-31-2009, 02:53 PM
or how about this as an idea....

make those north stands the 'asshole section'. If you're one of those guys
feels the need to swear in front of children, scream at players on the bench,
tell of the trainers, yell at the 4th official (who is just a glorified wrist watch)
then you get stuck in the asshole zone.

Columbus has one of those sections....

http://columbus.theoffside.com/files/2009/03/nordecke.jpg

TFC OZZ
07-31-2009, 03:45 PM
i was in 123 (row 1) for the Houston game.. I wonder if this was the same guy I heard. I remember hearing some dude heckle Barrett a lot after he came off. I didn't think Barrett had a particularly bad game but out of the blue some guy was yelling at him. It seemed really out of context for the moment... it wasn't like we were losing or Barrett flubbed any chances.

Yup, that sounds just like him. He loves ripping on Barrett.

I'm in 123 r 17. Sorry for your trouble Facepaint, but maybe this is what we needed to get something happening where we are. Trouble is only about half (if that) of the crowd are regulars - the rest are obviously corporate giveaways. But most people seem willing to get into it if you tell them what's going on. Ya, I totally agree

im in the prawns 123 row 8 lets get some coordination in the section and drown the negativity out. i will see u at next game.
I'm in section 123, row 8, seats 5 and 6.

I don't see why you guys don't just yell back to the guy and tell him to shut the fuck up?

Seriously, you're not going to get kicked out or anything and you'll probably win over the others in your section. What the fuck happened to this group? We all used to be so proud of our team. Are people here getting soft?

I've had one guy in 111 talk his mouth off about shit he didn't know and I told him flat out to shut up because he didn't know what he was talking about. Haven't heard a peep outta him since. A few of us always do, but the problem is that 80% of the people in our section are non-confrontational and don't know what's going on on the field; as well as the fact that he doesn't listen to anyone. People always tell him to shut up, it's just this incident was a lot more intense, and involved a personal insult at my father, and him apparently trying to get me in trouble.

cmonyoureds
07-31-2009, 03:54 PM
I think you need to politely force the issue with Mr. Yellow Jacket.
Ask for his supervisor's name, then ask for his supervisor to come to the section. Then request a report filled out that officially has your complaint on it, and a copy for yourself.
Yeah, it's a lot of work, but if your gameday experience is being ruined, use the propoer channels to make work for the yellow jackets. It's about time they did something useful!!!! And it can serve to document the fact they are not doing their jobs as intended. Remember - you pay their wages. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

ecospice
07-31-2009, 03:55 PM
there's a guy who wears a TFC cape in the top of my section, he looks ridiculous...calling every single person who leaves a bit early (when TFC are playing like shit as usual) a "part-time supporter"....someone needs to tell him to mind his own business. People usually ignore him or just have a bit of a laugh at him.

a CAPE?! haha...

Well, it is annoying having a stream of people leave early, it blocks the view of the game. I wonder if the guy with the cape is part of the crew who pound out chants in time with the loose metal which is part of the press area. Sometimes that's the only life in the area...

:scarf:

Darlofletch
07-31-2009, 03:59 PM

a CAPE?! haha...

Aw come on, I'm in 224 row 19, right at the aisle, that guy's harmless, the cape's a bit odd, but to each their own, and it's not like he's yelling at people or being any way abusive, it's just a simple chant. To lump him in with some of the people being complained about here is just wrong.

mmmikey
07-31-2009, 04:02 PM
it's incidents like this that make a ticket waiting list person like me very angry. :hulk:

Darlofletch
07-31-2009, 04:03 PM
Well, it is annoying having a stream of people leave early, it blocks the view of the game. I wonder if the guy with the cape is part of the crew who pound out chants in time with the loose metal which is part of the press area. Sometimes that's the only life in the area...

:scarf:

+1 to that. he gets "part time supporter" chanted at him as well whenever he has to leave during the game for the bathroom, more beer, whatever. And that group at the back, not sure if he's with them or not as I don't really turn around to look, but i presume he is, do more (positively)for the atmosphere in that area than anyone.

DangerRed
07-31-2009, 04:24 PM
you think thats bad? when i was up in 226 there was a drunken fan yelling: "DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" every five seconds.

then he started yelling for them to pass it to dichio, who was on the bench at the time.

Then he started yelling "WHAT KINDVE SHOT WAS THAT GUVERA!?".

THEN he started yelling that brennan was an asshole and tried to start up a fire ricketts chant, AND MEANT IT.

Was this at the PR game? The dude was in 227 and he was about 6 or 7 rows behind us. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying. His blood alcohol level must've been through the roof.

I remember him cheering Ricketts on as well!

TFC HSV
07-31-2009, 04:34 PM
it's incidents like this that make a ticket waiting list person like me very angry. :hulk:

+1 i hear ya man

pepher
07-31-2009, 04:45 PM
I would have just gone to fan services. I have done so in the past and there has been immediate response... granted to varying degrees... but my point is they don't ignore you and usually send someone to monitor it for themselves. I will certainly help your case should FO approach you to "ban you" if it is already on record that you've complained to them about this knobhead.

Just my thoughts... good luck.

eagles8
07-31-2009, 05:27 PM
The negative dude sits in 122 on the aisle next to 123. I think he's in row 7 or 8. He was ejected once when his bitching got under Carvers skin.

I_AM_CANADIAN
07-31-2009, 05:43 PM

Wow, what a douche. I'm all for free speech, but this guy just sounds like something else. The rest of your section also paid for their tickets, and they don't have to put up with hearing some retard scream whatever comes into his head. HE should be kicked out if anything.

Yeoman
08-01-2009, 12:03 AM
sounds like yeoman to the rescue come when i get back to the province?

P-NUTZ
08-04-2009, 12:22 PM
I know who the guy is in "INCIDENT 123". He's often right in what he says about what's happening on the field, but not always right in how he expresses it. He actually cheers the team on quite a bit, rarely uses swear words and I think he's one of the few Barret supporters. That said, personal insults or fights between TFC fans is not necesary and unfortunate. I say you both chat next game and sort it out, you would be surprised what common ground can actually be found when the interests of two sides are the same - in this case TFC succeeding/winning.

flatpicker
08-04-2009, 12:53 PM
^ admit it... you're the guy!!!

DOMIN8R
08-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Maybe we should, one-by-one, pay this guy a visit and let him know that the Visitors Suport Section is at the top of section 104. And, if he is unsure on how to find his way there, we would be happy to provide an escort.

Too harsh?:frown5:

P-NUTZ
08-04-2009, 01:29 PM
I'm simply advising that I heard this guy yell that "Cummins was an idiot" and "the old guys.. (cant remember who) were charity cases and not worth the money (or something)", and "White should replace Gerba, not Danny replacing Barret.." stuff like that. There were not, that I can remember, all the "F" this and that. I feel it's my duty to relay what I heard because overstating or misquoting seriously offensive material is irresponsible if not dangerous to both parties.

Parkdale
08-04-2009, 01:42 PM
There were not, that I can remember, all the "F" this and that. I feel it's my duty to relay what I heard because overstating or misquoting seriously offensive material is irresponsible if not dangerous to both parties.

well mlsintoronto (aka Paul B) came into the thread and said that the 123 shouter used to drive Carver batty. When someone like that can back up that this guy was over the line with his yelling, then it's not really a 'misquoting'.

OHARARULES
08-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Sumo suits and the 2 combatants before the next home game would be the best way to settle this!

I hate to say it cause its frustrating to listen to people around you voice there opinions when you do not agree with them... but without those opinions, it would be like being at a jay's game. Aside from hurling personal insults at other fans. I think the players and coaches are fair game.

olegunnar
08-04-2009, 02:22 PM
Maybe we should, one-by-one, pay this guy a visit and let him know that the Visitors Suport Section is at the top of section 104. And, if he is unsure on how to find his way there, we would be happy to provide an escort.

Too harsh?:frown5:

While you're going around the ground stomping out the hotspots of dischord, could you add to your list of ne'er-do-wells and strumets that need a stern talking to, the following people:
1 those that drink too much,
2 Those that chat throughout the game,
3 Those that get up and leave during play blocking people's view as they shimmey out to buy more food,
4 Those that show up late and inconvienience people that actually made the effort to show up on time.
5 those that think drinking standing and yelling woooooooooooooo all the while thinking they're "supporters"

Much appreciated kind sir. I think we all want an antiseptic and calm atmosphere at games where nary a negative word is heard, nay, not even considered to be uttered.

Seriously though, some of you need to grow a pair.

sidvan
08-04-2009, 02:43 PM
I'm simply advising that I heard this guy yell that "Cummins was an idiot" and "the old guys.. (cant remember who) were charity cases and not worth the money (or something)", and "White should replace Gerba, not Danny replacing Barret.." stuff like that. There were not, that I can remember, all the "F" this and that. I feel it's my duty to relay what I heard because overstating or misquoting seriously offensive material is irresponsible if not dangerous to both parties.

Hold on here...this guy sits behind me and to my left. First half its usually not too bad but after the half it is full throttle nonsense. I did call fan services down but by the time security came down he was as quiet as a church mouse.

Paul B. - he is in row 11 seat 5 or 6.

This is year three and my wife and I can't take it anymore. Picking a verbal fight with another supporter because someone disagreed with his opinion is just ludicrous.

I believe you need to be a vocal supporter. Feel the pain and joy of what happens on the field. Just gotta keep it civilized. Cheer your team, not jeer them.

TFC OZZ keep it up I am with you all the way.

Parkdale
08-04-2009, 02:58 PM
2 Those that chat throughout the game,

*gasp* God forbid people would actually want to talk with their friends!

I don't see how people chatting to each other takes away from your experience.
As long as they aren't asking you to be quiet so they can talk, then how would it effect you?

We've all seen people wasting their tickets by spending the whole game
on their phone, or text messaging, or making out with someone... etc etc,
but they bought the ticket and have every right to waste their time at BMO,
....as long as it doesn't interfere with other people enjoying the game.

In the case described in the first post, it's clear that the guy IS interfering with how people enjoy the game.

P-NUTZ
08-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Oh he yells for sure. But quoting someone as including "F" this and "F" that in all the remarks when they may have not used such inflamatory language is misquoting. That's what "_" this stuff means in legal reference. It also serves as the difference between being over the line per say, and downright unacceptable. Either way, accurate reporting and resolving issues is what I'm on about here.
This is why I don't chat online much. TFC!

Parkdale
08-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Either way, accurate reporting and resolving issues is what I'm on about here.

don't worry, like in all security cases, the guy in the stadium have to see it for themselves. I don't think anyone could get ejected for a complaint if the security / staff people don't see it first hand. A thread like this alerts Paul B to a problem, and he can make sure people are watching that area.

also, the original poster said that the dude tried to turn it around and get him kicked out. He even filed a complaint, without much merit. If that's the kind of person we're dealing with, then I'm not going to defend them, even if they aren't actually dropping as many 'F-Bombs' as someone might suggest.

in the end, it's a problem for security to deal with as they see fit.

THA BUTCHA
08-04-2009, 03:43 PM

LOL

Section 110 ROCKS!!!

TFC OZZ
08-04-2009, 03:55 PM
I know who the guy is in "INCIDENT 123". He's often right in what he says about what's happening on the field, but not always right in how he expresses it. He actually cheers the team on quite a bit, rarely uses swear words and I think he's one of the few Barret supporters. That said, personal insults or fights between TFC fans is not necesary and unfortunate. I say you both chat next game and sort it out, you would be surprised what common ground can actually be found when the interests of two sides are the same - in this case TFC succeeding/winning.

Amongst his ranting, he does occasionally cheer for the team; this is sometimes true, however I'd have to say that for a greater majority of the time it's obnoxious whining and complaining. He has supported Barrett on the odd occasion, but I remember many occasions where Barrett has been the center of his negative attention. The problem, like I mentioned earlier is the fact that he's directly behind our team, and in no way helps our morale because they can hear him loud and clear.

As for the swearing, I'm just gonna have to say I disagree with you on that one, heard him swear many times; but it's my word against yours.

Hold on here...this guy sits behind me and to my left. First half its usually not too bad but after the half it is full throttle nonsense. I did call fan services down but by the time security came down he was as quiet as a church mouse.

Paul B. - he is in row 11 seat 5 or 6.

This is year three and my wife and I can't take it anymore. Picking a verbal fight with another supporter because someone disagreed with his opinion is just ludicrous.

I believe you need to be a vocal supporter. Feel the pain and joy of what happens on the field. Just gotta keep it civilized. Cheer your team, not jeer them.

TFC OZZ keep it up I am with you all the way.

Thanks a lot, always good to know there's others that feel the same way.

rocker
08-04-2009, 04:48 PM
One technique I use for guys like this is if I'm within hearing distance, I simply yell the counterpoint. Yell the opposite of what he's saying. He's not deaf -- he can hear you. If he's ragging on a player, praise the player. Or if he's telling the coach what to do, say sarcastically "Hey do I hear ALEX FERGUSON IN THE CROWD!!! SIGN THIS COACH UP!!!!"

Or what I do is in a polite, but loud voice, I say to my father, "dad, that guy is so annoying, his voice is like a chipmunk".... loud enough that everyone hears. I did this once and then later the guy left and all the people around turned and smiled at me and gave me the thumbs up.

You don't need to get into a direct confrontation, but just match his comments with positivity or "think out loud" ... it's the fun way of ragging on these kinds of guys without telling them to shut up. Cuz if you give the "shut up" line, they'll cry "free speech". So you give em some free speech of your own.

Also, sometimes if the guy is really wacko, I'll just act really exhuberant in this way. Then the guy thinks "fuck, that dude is fucking mental".. hahahha. it's funny to scare people into compliance that way ;)

Kevin
08-04-2009, 04:56 PM
... Or what I do is in a polite, but loud voice, I say to my father, "dad, that guy is so annoying, his voice is like a chipmunk".... loud enough that everyone hears.

:lol: