PDA

View Full Version : Poz signs with the whitecaps

reggie
07-30-2009, 03:15 PM
according to usector he signs with them and parke is gone from the club.

Stryker
07-30-2009, 03:18 PM
I was thinking lastnight that I wouldn't be surprised if they snagged Cooke.

Yohan
07-30-2009, 03:19 PM
hrm. why didn't poz sign with tfc?

S_D
07-30-2009, 03:22 PM
according to usector he signs with them and parke is gone from the club.

good for poz.

Interesting that parke is gone. He had an out in his contract that allowed him to leave if he had a chance with an MLS team. hmmm

BayernTFC
07-30-2009, 03:27 PM
A team official has confirmed that the Whitecaps have signed centre back Chris Pozniak. Details of the deal aren't known at this point.

The Whitecaps are in serious need of support at the back after losing Justin Thompson (quit to pursue business interests), Wesley Charles (released after pursuing Charles Gbeke and Jeff Parke) and Parke (leaving to pursue European options).

Pozniak, 28, is known to Thordarson as he came in last season as a stop-gap measure when Adrian Cann left for Denmark. Pozniak, like Parke, came in on a temporary basis with an eye on Europe. He played nine games, starting eight times, scoring once and adding an assist.

http://communities.canada.com/theprovince/blogs/backofthenet/archive/2009/07/30/whitecaps-sign-cb-chris-pozniak.aspx

Good luck to him. I wonder if he'll actually see some action against Rochester tomorrow? Sounds like it is worth checking the game out.

Jay P
07-30-2009, 03:28 PM
again?

Hitcho
07-30-2009, 03:33 PM
I was hoping we'd re-sign Poz

Until I saw Gomez play last nitgh that is!!!

:D:D:D

Yohan
07-30-2009, 03:38 PM
good for poz.

Interesting that parke is gone. He had an out in his contract that allowed him to leave if he had a chance with an MLS team. hmmm
no. looks like Parke is set for trial with an European team