PDA

View Full Version : Sanyang available Saturday!!

backbeat
07-30-2009, 11:52 AM
Toronto FC will also add Amadou Sanyang to the squad for the trip to Foxborough. The Gambian midfielder turns 18 on Saturday and will be available for selection for the first time.

Yohan
07-30-2009, 11:53 AM
Sanyang can play vs RM :p

H Bomb
07-30-2009, 11:55 AM
If he's as advertised and better than Gomez then we did some damn good work in Africa this off season

Shway
07-30-2009, 12:49 PM
so what....hes not going to play just because he's eligible
it would be another stupid substitution CC would make, like taking Barret off for White

SilverSamurai
07-30-2009, 12:53 PM
Good!
Finally someone else that can play and isn't broken!
Maybe rest someone for Wed's game?

Troll
07-30-2009, 12:56 PM
so what....hes not going to play just because he's eligible
it would be another stupid substitution CC would make, like taking Barret off for White

Although I agree with you about the Barrett subsitution, you've never seen him play for even a minute. How could you possibly make that distinction?

prizby
07-30-2009, 12:56 PM
apparently he dressed for the game yesterday too (if u watch the game in 6 minutes)

Shway
07-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Although I agree with you about the Barrett subsitution, you've never seen him play for even a minute. How could you possibly make that distinction?

thats the thing ive never seen him play,i dont know if you have, and i can be sure cummins only seen him in practice ? but what im saying is hes never played in any competive 1st team action, so how does it make him possible for substitution just because he is eligible to play. I'm eligible, why cant i play? why not Gala?

Cummins shouldve played him in the River Plate game IF anything, but goes back to saying this organization is not run adequately

prizby
07-30-2009, 01:10 PM
thats the thing ive never seen him play,i dont know if you have, and i can be sure cummins only seen him in practice ? but what im saying is hes never played in any competive 1st team action, so how does it make him possible for substitution just because he is eligible to play. I'm eligible, why cant i play? why not Gala?

Cummins shouldve played him in the River Plate game IF anything, but goes back to saying this organization is not run adequately

gala won't play this season so he doesn't lose his CIS eligibility

barca99
07-30-2009, 01:23 PM
If Sanyang can produce ANYTHING, that gives a lot of options with the team, trading, formations, etc... TFC has way too many attacking players, and none to play on the outside of midfield.

Shway
07-30-2009, 01:26 PM

WHAT THE F....
so technically TFC has a roster of 20 now?

so i dont get it why does he dress for every game as if he is going to play...
and what Uni does he play for?

and TFC needs a PDL so players they have signed who cant play, cant still play

brad
07-30-2009, 01:35 PM
Strange that he didn't get minutes against River if they are thinking of using him.

oxygenatedbrain
07-30-2009, 02:01 PM

Prizby: I know you are fond of making this assertion, but I am moved to respond - a developmental contract does not affect CIS eligibility (see Djekanovic, Srdjan, for example).

Lombardo got in trouble because he played a few minutes on a SR minimum contract in April, 2008, which Paul James should have known (because it's crystal clear in the CIS regs) disqualified him playing for York until a calendar year after his last "pro" appearance.

rocker
07-30-2009, 02:04 PM
Strange that he didn't get minutes against River if they are thinking of using him.

MLS said he couldn't play against River..

oxygenatedbrain
07-30-2009, 02:08 PM
Exactly - he's not an MLS employee until Saturday...so he can't play in their events...

Pookie
07-30-2009, 02:23 PM
I'm not sure what the birthday has to do with it. Wasn't Ibrahim 17 when he got his start last year?

brad
07-30-2009, 02:26 PM
Exactly - he's not an MLS employee until Saturday...so he can't play in their events...

Would that apply to friendlies?

rocker
07-30-2009, 02:29 PM
Would that apply to friendlies?

that's what MLS said when they prevented him from playing.

Blizzard
07-30-2009, 02:45 PM
I'm not sure what the birthday has to do with it. Wasn't Ibrahim 17 when he got his start last year?

You can play in your domestic league under 18 but you can't play in a foreign league until you are 18. Ibby has US citizenship.

BayernTFC
07-30-2009, 03:18 PM
If Sanyang can produce ANYTHING, that gives a lot of options with the team, trading, formations, etc... TFC has way too many attacking players, and none to play on the outside of midfield.
Excellent point barca. We lacked creativity coming from the midfield yesterday, save from Cronin. True wide players can help stretch defenses and create space. That could have come in handy yesterday against a Puerto Rico team playing not to concede. Brennan had been doing a decent job in that role in the previous few games, when he got the chance. We're too thin at the back to use him that way right now.

Smokecell
07-30-2009, 05:19 PM
What exactly is Sanyang's preferred position?

prizby
07-30-2009, 05:53 PM
WHAT THE F....
so technically TFC has a roster of 20 now?

so i dont get it why does he dress for every game as if he is going to play...
and what Uni does he play for?

and TFC needs a PDL so players they have signed who cant play, cant still play

he didn't play last season, comes in for his first game (him and kilian elkinson or w.e his name was) in the OUA playoffs and sets up 2 goals to beat my school 2-1

prizby
07-30-2009, 05:55 PM
Prizby: I know you are fond of making this assertion, but I am moved to respond - a developmental contract does not affect CIS eligibility (see Djekanovic, Srdjan, for example).

Lombardo got in trouble because he played a few minutes on a SR minimum contract in April, 2008, which Paul James should have known (because it's crystal clear in the CIS regs) disqualified him playing for York until a calendar year after his last "pro" appearance.

this i didn't know, i thought it was once you play a game, your screwed for the year (hence lombardo)

york still owned even with the 4 forfeits...quite retarded of the RMC coach to put the complaint in 4 games into the season when his team wasn't gonna make the playoffs and never was gonna play York...could have made york forfeit a lot more games!!!

werewolf
07-30-2009, 11:24 PM
...18...?

:rofl:

Blizzard
07-30-2009, 11:44 PM
What exactly is Sanyang's preferred position?

That's a very personal question! :rolleyes:

SilverSamurai
07-31-2009, 05:54 AM
That's a very personal question! :rolleyes:
MF.
Said so on tfcfv