PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to the haters....but this team needs Amado

AL-MO
07-30-2009, 11:45 AM
(or someone similar)

The team looked lost out there last night without him.

pekduck
07-30-2009, 11:46 AM
trade robbo and get a 2nd amado...

robbo's first 10 passes in the game have conceded possession 9 times...

although he stepped up in 2nd half...

London
07-30-2009, 11:46 AM
and add a nasty DM and we will have a team

H Bomb
07-30-2009, 11:47 AM
We go as Amado goes...been saying it for 2 seasons. He's the most important piece of our puzzle. When he plays well we win, without him we lose.

Nuvinho
he is back in training.

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090730&content_id=6148132&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

London
trade robbo and get a 2nd amado...

robbo's first 10 passes in the game have conceded possession 9 times...

although he stepped up in 2nd half...

fucking rainbow passes from that guy!!! WTF

Yohan
07-30-2009, 11:49 AM
We go as Amado goes...been saying it for 2 seasons. He's the most important piece of our puzzle. When he plays well we win, without him we lose.
I still think Guevara can be an important part of the team, but he needs to step up and not be complacent

he has one good game every 3 games it seems. that's just not acceptable

__wowza
07-30-2009, 11:50 AM
everytime his foot was on the ball you couldve counted the seconds he had until he lost it. he holds it when he needs to pass, he passes when he has time to hold it. there's nothing new to be said here.

as for AG. yup, we needed him baaaaaaaadly. we need to see how he and gerba play off of each other, but so far, he, vitti and dero are a fuckin force.

v00d00daddy
07-30-2009, 12:03 PM
(or someone similar)

Absolutely. I couldn't tell if Vitti was trying to, or was told to play Amado's role last night. Either way, he's not that type of player and I don't think he has it in him.

We really could have used Guevara last night.

Boudge
07-30-2009, 12:06 PM
We sure do, Amado is so good on set plays and corners. Such a champ!

Brennan taking corner kicks the whole time??? WTF was that

Don't know why DeRo wasn't taking them but i'm not the coach

jabbronies
07-30-2009, 12:08 PM
I still think Guevara can be an important part of the team, but he needs to step up and not be complacent

he has one good game every 3 games it seems. that's just not acceptable

I don't know if he's to blame. He gets placed in a lot of different places on the field (role wise) due to the ever changing formation.

FluSH
07-30-2009, 12:10 PM
Amado needs to hold corner clinics... seriously I know at times he is a hit and miss... but when he hits!!!

AL-MO
07-30-2009, 12:13 PM
Amado needs to hold corner clinics... seriously I know at times he is a hit and miss... but when he hits!!!

Yeah it was pretty clear last night Cronin and Brennan were having issues.

Boudge
07-30-2009, 12:20 PM
* Cronin had some good balls in.

Brennan........ not so much

jabbronies
07-30-2009, 12:24 PM
Barrett only got a couple in himself. he can make the runs and get into position, but he can't get the ball in at the right height or angle.

romburgundy
07-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Amado where are you?

Yohan
07-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Barrett only got a couple in himself. he can make the runs and get into position, but he can't get the ball in at the right height or angle.
barrett also didn't see enough of the ball, esp in 2nd half

Shep
07-30-2009, 12:30 PM

+10 And that set-piece needs to get worked out. The short-pass corner hasn't netted us a goal has it? Or even a decent chance? I might have missed it though, but 9x out of 10 it goes nowhere good.

jabbronies
07-30-2009, 12:34 PM
barrett also didn't see enough of the ball, esp in 2nd half

2nd half yes, he didn't touch it enough. I thought he saw the ball more than enough in the first.

CoachGT
07-30-2009, 01:52 PM
(or someone similar)

My reason for thinking he is the leading player of the year candidate to this point. As much as I appreciate DeRo and Dichio, nobody appears to have the impact on this team that Guevara has had this season.

CoachGT
07-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Yeah it was pretty clear last night Cronin and Brennan were having issues.

Too much of the short kick, ones that had minimal impact. While it may be a planned play (like the Brennan run in on a corner from last year) it only works if everyone is onside. When TFC set up for a short corner last night, PR pulled their guys off the line and put them in the box. Reduces space in the box, creates an uneven matchup (many more PR players than TFC, who usually had 4 in there) and ties up two men on the outside (Brennan and Cronin). And, every now and again, get you called offside on the pass back to the corner.

Points for thinking about getting DeRo in the box on corners, but fail if the ball never gets into the box.

And you still get the odd offside on a corner, which is just wasting the ball.

ilikemusic
07-30-2009, 02:16 PM
There are people who dont like Amado?

:picard:

C.Ronaldo
07-30-2009, 02:25 PM
vitti did what he could
but he had no one moving around to get open

Limani_Ole
07-30-2009, 02:48 PM
Cronin and Rob are the same players.. Defensive Mids.. there was no one in the pocket to create chances.. we missed Amado bigtime.. Vitti couldnt fill his shoes.. DeRo was playing wide..

the coach should have adjusted earlier..

ilikemusic
07-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Cronin and Rob are the same players.. Defensive Mids.. there was no one in the pocket to create chances.. we missed Amado bigtime.. Vitti couldnt fill his shoes.. DeRo was playing wide..

the coach should have adjusted earlier..

It is insulting to Cronin for you to compare him to Robbo.

Cronin can actually cross the ball.

He created probably our best chance of the night with his header across the box to Gerba.

If Robinson didnt have his Welsh accent he would have been gone after year one.

Pachuco
07-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Finally a thread that makes sense. I have no idea why some people on these boards think Amado is so easily replacable. The fact of the matter is, when we are without him (EVEN if he is playing like shit) we are still a better team.

Take a look at what Puerto Rico did. They shutdown Dero because they could afford to close him down with multiple players at a time. Put Guevara on the field and he'll hurt you if you give him all the space Robbo and Cronin had in the middle. I was sitting there looking at the gaps PR left wondering why the fuck we didn't attack right down the middle. Only one reason, Amado wasn't on the field.

BayernTFC
07-30-2009, 03:07 PM
This is what I observed also. Barrett's crosses are poor. Gerba was finding the right spots in the penalty area all the time, but Barrett couldn't get him the ball. It took Cronin to do the job. Too bad Gaudette saved Gerba's chance.

Maple Leaf Red
07-30-2009, 03:10 PM
Finally a thread that makes sense. I have no idea why some people on these boards think Amado is so easily replacable. The fact of the matter is, when we are without him (EVEN if he is playing like shit) we are still a better team.

Take a look at what Puerto Rico did. They shutdown Dero because they could afford to close him down with multiple players at a time. Put Guevara on the field and he'll hurt you if you give him all the space Robbo and Cronin had in the middle. I was sitting there looking at the gaps PR left wondering why the fuck we didn't attack right down the middle. Only one reason, Amado wasn't on the field.

I had this very thought last night. People that can't see what Amado brings to the team need to get their heads checked. Not only is he a creative force through the middle but he is one of the few players that seems confident enough to shoot from distance and with accuracy.

Not to mention that his presence doesn't make DeRo's desire to be a peripheral player as conspicuous.

Yohan
07-30-2009, 03:11 PM
that was Vitti's job

TFC07
07-30-2009, 03:13 PM

He created probably our best chance of the night with his header across the box to Gerba.

LMAO!

Maple Leaf Red
07-30-2009, 03:13 PM
This is what I observed also. Barrett's crosses are poor. Gerba was finding the right spots in the penalty area all the time, but Barrett couldn't get him the ball. It took Cronin to do the job. Too bad Gaudette saved Gerba's chance.

Barrett actually got a couple of good ones in including the one DeRo almost potted. What hurt him was pretty poor support from Brennan and Cronin. You could tell that the three weren't used to playing with each other which left Brennan staying too far back too often when play came back across the field and Cronin late to provide support to both.

ilikemusic
07-30-2009, 03:26 PM
LMAO!

Its true.

Everyone with an accent from the British Isles is treated like God's gift to soccer not only by the majority of supporters, but most importantly by the front office.

TheKing7
07-30-2009, 03:34 PM
I was5 feet away from amado last night in the MLSE box i believe sect. 121..... he did not look pleased....his eyes practically tore out my soul.
we really need him back

mmmikey
07-30-2009, 03:45 PM
this thread puts a smile on my face. i had no idea why ppl were so down on guevara. when he vitti and dero are on the field we have the kind of passing attack that can unlock teams like PRI. not to mention the set pieces, where we struggled all last night. why can't they vary their plays on corners? it's one thing to keep trying something til it works, it's another to assume PRI wasn't going to get better at defending it as well.

vitti still has that forwards mentality to drift out wide as he works up the field. he made a go of playing guevara's role early on, but i remember at least once when he had zero support despite alot of work to keep possession but eventually being swallowed up by multiple defenders. he was left looking around for his buddy amado. i literally did a :picard: .

i pray guevara returns soon.. hopefully with cronin taking robbos spot. at this point i would like to see us TRY to play without him, and bring him on around the 60-70 minute mark to help seal the deal at the end of a game. you know... assuming we can actually score before that.

Limani_Ole
07-30-2009, 03:53 PM

So in your opinion he created the best chance with a header and thats why he is better than Robbo?

I think you have to provide a bit more substance to your argument.. I can make blank statements as well but it would make for good reading..

I do agree Cronin does have a better shot.. but overall Robbo does a better job controlling the middle, making tackles and taking smart fouls.. Cronin hasn't matured to that level yet.. and Robbo being a Defensive Mid shouldn't really be playing on the wings and making crosses.. thats what wingers are for.. we got non..

H Bomb
07-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Its true.

Everyone with an accent from the British Isles is treated like God's gift to soccer not only by the majority of supporters, but most importantly by the front office.

you poor moronic fool.

Derko
07-30-2009, 04:23 PM

Didn't like that quote:...If Robinson didnt have his Welsh accent he would have been gone after year one.

You could have said what you meant, that Robbo played like shit and has been for last number of matches, and not tainting the comment your completely racial slur. I'm not Welsh but of British birth and I personally take offence to your comments.

My name is Derek and sit in Section 110 row 24 seat 19, why don't you come up for a beer and we can discuss your racist slur. perhaps you really don't know what the fuck you are on about.

Cheers Asshole

ilikemusic
07-30-2009, 07:25 PM
Didn't like that quote:...If Robinson didnt have his Welsh accent he would have been gone after year one.

You could have said what you meant, that Robbo played like shit and has been for last number of matches, and not tainting the comment your completely racial slur. I'm not Welsh but of British birth and I personally take offence to your comments.

My name is Derek and sit in Section 110 row 24 seat 19, why don't you come up for a beer and we can discuss your racist slur. perhaps you really don't know what the fuck you are on about.

Cheers Asshole

You take 'offense' to the insinuation that the front-office and the fans favour UK players? How the fuck is that offensive?

Its not racist of me in the least to say that everyone from the UK gets a free pass from supporters and the front office.

Thats why MoJo and JC and Dichio and Robbo get every chance in the world to prove themselves but guys like Amado, Vitti, or Velez get shit on the second they arent performing.

The only 'racist' part of my position is that im kind of insinuating the supporters and the front office are racist in favour of Brits.

If I called Robbo a shitty player because he is Welsh and Welshmen cant play football, then ya, that would be a little racist.

I called him shit and said he gets a free pass because he is Welsh. Football fans in this country love to hear British accents.

If it's 'racist' against anyone, it's against Canadians (of which I am one).

A racial slur? Get your head out of your ass.

Cheers asshole.

Dirk Diggler
07-30-2009, 07:47 PM
I have to agree with ilikemusic. For the life of me, I can not understand why Robinson has been given a free pass for so long. His play thus far this season is not that much worse compared to how poor he was the first two seasons. He looks worse because now we have multiple midfielders who are far superior to him ... including Sam Cronin. The kid has been more impressive in his first professional season than Carl Robinson has ever been in Toronto (and from what I remember reading on the internet, he wasn't all that great in England either). People keep on mentioning how he is a defensive mid and how is job isn't to create offence but how the heck can you say that with a straight face? You better be a rock solid defender like Carlos Puyol or Rio Ferdinand to get away with claims like that. Otherwise you're offensive deficiencies are a liability and deserved to get pointed out. I have a chuckle whenever guys compare Robinson to Senna. The two guys, aside from their position on the field, can not be more different. Senna, like the rest of the Spanish midfield, is an excellent passer unlike Robinson who has difficulty completing passes intended for players down field (i.e. productive passes). Granted, defensive mids do not need to make hi lite reel passes straight to the strikers but to say that they need not make any contributions offensively is something that I truly cannot grasp.

Rudi
07-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Its true.

You're right! Everyone loved Andy Welsh! :rolleyes: