PDA

View Full Version : A more positive thread - the View from the Bunker

Roogsy
07-30-2009, 09:40 AM
Ok guys...as usual, gutted after a loss so I decided to speak about the positives of the game yesterday.

I saw quite a few faces not normally in 112 in the section last night and I was happy to see them.

What were people's thoughts about how we did as a group? I thought we brought it pretty good? As we have been doing all season, even when other groups are snoozing a little, we are picking it up and keeping it going.

Above all, I think the streamer shower at the beginning of the game really got people going. Nicely done Alex and the Choreo team. That was fantastic.

After that...the first 25 minutes...we were like a machine. Pounding out chants like crazy. The next 20 weren't bad, we were still solid, maybe just a little tired. Gotta pace ourselves I suppose but I don't care, we were giving it our all.

And after the PR goal...the TFC clap clap clap started from us. We knew what we had to do.

I gotta tell you, I'd like to thank everyone in 112 who gave their all yesterday. I had a very positive experience despite the loss. And my friend who was in the section with us was absolutely dumbfounded. We've converted a new TFC fan.

canadian_bhoy
07-30-2009, 09:47 AM
I thought 112 sounded great last night. My only issue was that we seemed to constantly roll through the chants like a juke box - no breaks or pauses...I don't think we should be "quiet", but I prefer when the chants flow with the match. It also opens up the opportunity for people to bust out new chants and be creative in the stands.
Also - heard the Legend TFC towards the end of the match...thought it sounded amazing, an actual "song" being sung in the stands is a really good step forward for us rather than just "chants".

Belfast_Boy
07-30-2009, 09:51 AM
you guys rock! sounded great and looked great. I had section envy. was in 127 so had a good view.
I need to get into 112!!!!

KdotOdot
07-30-2009, 09:51 AM
112 was rocking even though the squad played like zombies. The back was singing the legend, sounded aiight I must say. I still hate that song.

bee dubya
07-30-2009, 09:52 AM
I thought that things sounded great last night. I especially liked seeing you guys do the bounce - looked like one of the best thus far and hearing the slow version of "oh when the reds" (it really does sound so much better when it's sung...)

Roogsy
07-30-2009, 09:57 AM
I thought 112 sounded great last night. My only issue was that we seemed to constantly roll through the chants like a juke box - no breaks or pauses...I don't think we should be "quiet", but I prefer when the chants flow with the match. It also opens up the opportunity for people to bust out new chants and be creative in the stands.
Also - heard the Legend TFC towards the end of the match...thought it sounded amazing, an actual "song" being sung in the stands is a really good step forward for us rather than just "chants".

Agreed. A couple of breaks would've been good.

I think we were just pumped!

Roogsy
07-30-2009, 09:58 AM
Last night would've been good to bust out Coldplay's "Lost" that was suggested in the chant section.

Because it ain't over baby.

I know most people dont enjoy Coldpay. But I always wanted to post this decided i will now i think it is somewhat of a comback chant. I need help with some parts because not sure what we can replace i'll put a * beside the parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-RjMRP5IbI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-RjMRP5IbI)

Just because were losing
Doesn't mean we lost
Doesn't mean we'll stop
Doesn't mean I will cross*

Just because I'm hurting*
Doesn't mean I'm hurt*
Doesn't mean you wont get what you deserve
No better and no worse*

just those 4 lines i am not totally sure so feedback ideas all welcomed

rocktml
07-30-2009, 10:04 AM
You guys sounded great last night, I had a nice view from 222!

eustacchio
07-30-2009, 10:04 AM
I thought that things sounded great last night. I especially liked seeing you guys do the bounce - looked like one of the best thus far and hearing the slow version of "oh when the reds" (it really does sound so much better when it's sung...)

The bounce looked amazing. I really wanted to be a part of it, but I was with a couple of friends and I don't neccessarily like bringing other people in with me...that plus, I had never sat in the north end before :D

good job, everyone.

SilverSamurai
07-30-2009, 10:07 AM
Couldn't really hear much in 118, but when I was able to, it looked to be rockin'!

Nodoubtguy
07-30-2009, 10:09 AM
From 115......the corner was rocking and it looked like it spread more along the south end then usual. Great job boys!!!

Brooker
07-30-2009, 10:19 AM
my voice is fucked this morning.

wish the boys on the pitch rocked as hard as the bunker did.

fuckin good job all around. respect to all of ya.

march was sick, aswell.

dupont
07-30-2009, 10:25 AM
Yesterday was only my second time in 112 and I had a blast. It's such a pleasure to have seats there for once where I can sing and jump up and down and just go crazy!
Everyone was really nice except for this one guy in the row in front of me that seemed to be picking fights with everybody.
But other than him everyone made me feel welcome and I hope my singing added to the atmosphere of a great section! :)

werewolf
07-30-2009, 10:25 AM

I agree, the first 20-25 mins were great. We did roll through the arsenal pretty quick, but it matched the crowd's energy. Had we put one in, it would have been fine and it could have carried us. However with the team playing like that, there is only so much we can do in the stands.

London
07-30-2009, 10:26 AM
so, first match out of 112 in a long time, i have to say i am sad i was not in 112 yesterday!!!!!!

111 is like picking teeth to get people to chant!!!

i will not leave mt home ever again!!!

prizby
07-30-2009, 10:36 AM
i hate to spoil the thread roogsy

but i shot a number of videos (most in the first half), at least 3 of them i did not put up on youtube cuz it sounded like (and really looked like) only 10 people were chanting, anytime my video shows 113 you see people standing around, i was extremely disappointed.

After the PR goal, (i was 112 row 4 or so), there was NOTHING in terms of noice, i tried to start TFC chant, no one caught on, no one wanted to sing, frankly it was quite pathetic (from my view)

the same shit happened against Houston too, after they scored the goal.

Sorry guys, but after a goal is scored, this is when the 12TH MAN IS NEEDED!!!
Stop feeling sorry for yourself, and TFC, and get the boys motivated to get us 1 back

/end rant

first 25 minutes were epic, I wish I had rolled the video longer than I had at the beginning!

Whoop
07-30-2009, 10:37 AM
I thought it was pretty good... especially the first half.

I've noticed in the past when the team isn't playing so well, our first half isn't as great but we pick it up in the second.

Yesterday was the opposite, started off great but tailed off a bit in the 2nd.

Agree with CB and WW, yes we did go through some of the chants pretty quickly at the start, but as WW pointed out that was more from the energy of the crowd.

I think we did a better job of holding onto the chants last night.

Whoop
07-30-2009, 10:39 AM
Sorry guys, but after a goal is scored, this is when the 12TH MAN IS NEEDED!!!

/end rant

first 25 minutes were epic, I wish I had rolled the video longer than I had at the beginning!

We tried after the goal... believe me

But agreed the first half was pretty good. Like WW said, had TFC scored a goal last night, it would have been berserk.

prizby
07-30-2009, 10:43 AM
We tried after the goal... believe me

i know, i was there, and trying, and no one was going along with it and it was extremely disappointing

frankly when other teams look at us, i don't want them to think, oh score a goal and u kill the fans enthusiasm

remember guys, its toronto til i die!

T-Bird
07-30-2009, 10:50 AM
I don't normally sit in the south end but I had a blast! Everyone was so full of energy and I learned a new chant!! Sounded great! Wish I could have seen the bounce but it was fun to be part of it...only complaint is that we tried to get "Legend TFC" going with little success...I guess not many know the words yet but if one day we could all sing it together that would be awesome!!

Azerban
07-30-2009, 10:53 AM
anytime my video shows 113 you see people standing around, i was extremely disappointed.

this is completely normal

Fort York Redcoat
07-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Better than the Houston game by far. Roogs- exceptional drumming.:thumbsup: There's been nights when some people fight the beat and there was none that I could hear last night.

There were a couple times we sung our own vs syncing with Usec but for most of the game it was loud and proud.

Roogsy
07-30-2009, 12:18 PM
Having Matt beside me giving the off-beat to the under-beat of the bass drum was awesome. He should do that more often.

romburgundy
07-30-2009, 12:30 PM
any links to videos from yesterday?

RedRum
07-30-2009, 12:30 PM
112 looked and sounded great yesterday. I remember looking over at you guys doing the bounce and the whole section was liquid. One of the massives with 111 was easlily the loudest chanting I've heard this year coming out of the SE corner.

Canadian Blue
07-30-2009, 12:34 PM
My only issue was that we seemed to constantly roll through the chants like a juke box - no breaks or pauses...I don't think we should be "quiet", but I prefer when the chants flow with the match.

I agree totally.......plus from watching the match on TV the chanting just seemed constant even when we went behind. I know some of you think chanting will encourage the team to do better but how is constant chanting encouraging? If the atmosphere is the same win lose or draw it just becomes the expected norm and not encouraging at all.

Actually I guess I don't totally agree becasue the one thing I do disagree with is that at times, it is ok to be quiet.

prizby
07-30-2009, 12:36 PM
any links to videos from yesterday?

http://www.youtube.com/prizby

at least 10 videos up

boomcha
07-30-2009, 12:37 PM
Last night 112 was rocking. My foot still hurts from stomping down and my voice is still half gone/husky from all the chants.

Good times. Would've made it even better if that Gerba goal had counted.

AL-MO
07-30-2009, 12:39 PM
I agree totally.......plus from watching the match on TV the chanting just seemed constant even when we went behind. I know some of you think chanting will encourage the team to do better but how is constant chanting encouraging? If the atmosphere is the same win lose or draw it just becomes the expected norm and not encouraging at all.

Actually I guess I don't totally agree becasue the one thing I do disagree with is that at times, it is ok to be quiet.

I know your feelings on this so don't take this the wrong way, but

We are always behind the team....for the full 90.

TFC Tifoso
07-30-2009, 12:41 PM
anytime my video shows 113 you see people standing around, i was extremely disappointed.

don't be.....this is totally normal with 113 :hump:....

112 was very good last night....good job, guys

prizby
07-30-2009, 12:42 PM

we shut up just like that after the goal for a good 7 or 8 minutes, it was very discouraging

nobodybeatsthewiz
07-30-2009, 12:42 PM
wwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.................

h0DukONKOag

Canadian Blue
07-30-2009, 12:49 PM
I know your feelings on this so don't take this the wrong way, but

We are always behind the team....for the full 90.

AL-Mo no worries there is nothing to take the wrong way, and I actually agree with your statement but taking a break from chanting or chanting inline with what is happening even if that means being quiet for a period of the game does not mean we are still not behind the team. If anything it shows that we actually understand what is going on on the field of play.

OneLoveOneEric
07-30-2009, 12:52 PM
^^^^Exactly.