PDA

View Full Version : what the puetro rico islanders fans are saying

__wowza
07-30-2009, 09:40 AM
nothing.

seriously. they have 18 supporters on bigsoccer. their domain (www.orangestarultras.com (http://www.orangestarultras.com)) isnt working. i cant find their feedback to the game at all and im interested in what they thought of their clubs performance. little help?

also: shouting "¡OH Dios mío!" in the 200's everytime Gaudette went down... priceless.

Sage
07-30-2009, 11:24 AM
Thts because youre looking at the wrong domain... I' ma PRI Supporterand Orangestarultras.com is a dead site.

For most of teh chitter chatter from the supporters feel free to go to www.hiapr.org or www.prislandersfc.com

Eastend
07-30-2009, 11:30 AM
But it's all in Spanish!!!!!!

:D

H Bomb
07-30-2009, 11:43 AM
wow, there needs to be a limit on how many threads someone can start in a day....as the simpsons put it, "do you ever think anything you dont say"

__wowza
07-30-2009, 11:47 AM
damn straight, all hail the mighty two threads!!

H Bomb
07-30-2009, 11:49 AM
its early...and im not just counting today

TOBOR !
07-30-2009, 12:14 PM
I started three once (or it might have been four) and I still can't go outside.

Sage
07-30-2009, 12:23 PM
Well.. either use Google Translator or... learn Spanish... you wanted to know what they were saying...

In one thread they're making fun of your whinnying... seriously were fed up with supporters groups whinnying when the Islanders beat them: Santos, Alajuelense, CA... etc etc.

werewolf
07-30-2009, 12:28 PM
Well.. either use Google Translator or... learn Spanish... you wanted to know what they were saying...

In one thread they're making fun of your whinnying... seriously were fed up with supporters groups whinnying when the Islanders beat them: Santos, Alajuelense, CA... etc etc.

speaking of learning a language...

:rolleyes:

Roogsy
07-30-2009, 12:28 PM
What whining Sage? We are more critical of OUR players than yours, other than your douchebag keeper.

Maybe the problem isn't our spanish (which I speak perfectly by the way), maybe it's your partner's english. Because on this board, we are putting the blame squarely on our own shoulders.

Man...maybe someone should get that chip off your shoulders. You guys are seeing stuff that ain't there bro.

Troll
07-30-2009, 12:29 PM

Who are you and why are you here? Beat it.

billyfly
07-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Whinny \Whin"ny\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Whinnied (http://onlinedictionary.datasegment.com/word/whinnied); p. pr. & vb.
n. Whinnying.] [From Whine (http://onlinedictionary.datasegment.com/word/whine)]
To utter the ordinary call or cry of a horse; to neigh.

billyfly
07-30-2009, 12:30 PM

The Troll has spoken!

billyfly
07-30-2009, 12:31 PM
I think Sage is saying that PR wants respect and that other teams in higher leagues shouldn't be surprised when the Islanders beat them.

That's fair.

Sage
07-30-2009, 12:34 PM
What whining Sage? We are more critical of OUR players than yours, other than your douchebag keeper.

Maybe the problem isn't our spanish (which I speak perfectly by the way), maybe it's your partner's english. Because on this board, we are putting the blame squarely on our own shoulders.

Man...maybe someone should get that chip off your shoulders. You guys are seeing stuff that ain't there bro.

I mean the crying some members did... not ll of them... I've been reading... Most of the blame is being tossed at the players instead of the coach...

IMO hes to blame for understimating the Islanders and making the players use a tactic that wasnt workign and not doing correct changes.

prizby
07-30-2009, 12:35 PM
there supporters have my respect 100%

there goalie is still the worlds biggest clutz of a douche bag

Sage
07-30-2009, 12:35 PM
Whinny \Whin"ny\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Whinnied (http://onlinedictionary.datasegment.com/word/whinnied); p. pr. & vb.
n. Whinnying.] [From Whine (http://onlinedictionary.datasegment.com/word/whine)]
To utter the ordinary call or cry of a horse; to neigh.

sorry I used the Firefox spellchecker.... my keyboard is mostly fucked up... sorry for mispells

this is joga
07-30-2009, 12:36 PM

how can you tell him to beat, but its ok for our supporters to troll their boards.. can anyone say, double standard?

Jack
07-30-2009, 12:38 PM
Vamos a aclarar algo aqui, Sage. Tu estas en nuestra casa y no nos sienta bien que nos insultes.

A lo mejor a ustedes les cae mal el hecho de que alguien le haya tirado una cerveza a su asquerosidad de portero, pero el se merecia eso y mas. La verdad es que les debe dar verguenza ese tipo. Lanzar lo que sea a Stefan Frei, que es un jugador limpio y todo un caballero, reflejaria mas en la falta de educacion y de clase de ustedes que en nosotros.

No se como pueden apoyar a un jugador que trae tanta desgracia a la camiseta, a su ciudad (o en este caso, a su isla) y al deporte de futbol en general.

Yo no tengo problema con que nos hayan ganado, porque lo hicieron y asi es el futbol. Pero el comportamiento de ese tipo fue una verguenza.

Sage
07-30-2009, 12:39 PM
I think Sage is saying that PR wants respect and that other teams in higher leagues shouldn't be surprised when the Islanders beat them.

That's fair.

Yes basically... For example...

In one of the forums not sure if it was here, USECTOR, or The Voyageurs, someone said TFC would win this game 6-1... that just show that they know absolutely nothing about their opponent.

I'm rookie Journalist and before I wrote my prediction I spent a week at most researching everything I could about TFC. My prediction was a 2-1 (TFC) or a 1-1 tie... I did not expect a 1-0 which is a very good result, not that the Islanders havent done it before against better teams like Marathon.

Troll
07-30-2009, 12:40 PM
how can you tell him to beat, but its ok for our supporters to troll their boards.. can anyone say, double standard?

Where did I say that was ok?

prizby
07-30-2009, 12:40 PM

troll is not RPB...he is as his name says a troll, I welcome you to our boards and please enjoy your stay, your views are valid and wanted (at least in my opinion)

Sage
07-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Vamos a aclarar algo aqui, Sage. Tu estas en nuestra casa y no nos sienta bien que nos insultes.

A lo mejor a ustedes les cae mal el hecho de que alguien le haya tirado una cerveza a su asquerosidad de portero, pero el se merecia eso y mas. La verdad es que les debe dar verguenza ese tipo. Lanzar lo que sea a Stefan Frei, que es un jugador limpio y todo un caballero, reflejaria mas en la falta de educacion y de clase de ustedes que en nosotros.

No se como pueden apoyar a un jugador que trae tanta desgracia a la camiseta, a su ciudad (o en este caso, a su isla) y al deporte de futbol en general.

Yo no tengo problema con que nos hayan ganado, porque lo hicieron y asi es el futbol. Pero el comportamiento de ese tipo fue una verguenza.

Hey hombre tranquilo... yo aqui estoy respetando su foro... y no he comentado a favor o en contra de esa situacion lo unico que he dicho es que los OSU (Orange Star Ultras) y el resto de la Barra Naranja vieron lo de la cerveza y probablemente hagan algo contra los miembros del USECTOR y Red Patch ( Nada fisico solo tiraera por decirlo asi), y le tiren cosas al Portero.

Sobre Gaudette, no tengo nada que decir. El jugador de ustedes, que no me acuerdo su nombre ahora en este instante se tiro y si le dio claro en la rodilla. Creo que hizo mucho teatro para lo que realmente ocurrio pero e se aprovecho que las reglas FIFA dicen que el unico que no se puede atender fuera del campo es al Guardametas.

this is joga
07-30-2009, 12:44 PM
jack, how can you say:

Maybe you will fall ill to the fact that someone had thrown a beer at your door disgusting, but he deserved that and more.

IMO no-one and i mean no-one and no act on the pitch deserves a spectator throwing anything at him. how can you condone such an act?

Troll
07-30-2009, 12:44 PM
troll is not RPB...he is as his name says a troll, I welcome you to our boards and please enjoy your stay, your views are valid and wanted (at least in my opinion)

Are you high? This guy is calling us a bunch of 'whiners' and I tell him to beat it. How is that Trolling?

And some other people are interested in seeing PRI's match reactions... how is THAT trolling?

You guys are little high strung.

this is joga
07-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Where did I say that was ok?

what you wrote was:

... and i am saying, why is ok if we troll their boards but he/she should beat it?

Sage
07-30-2009, 12:46 PM

Thank you very much... I really came here to learn about you guys... and well talk Football in mutual respect.

I don't know were the Mod comes as saying I came here to insult :S

Jack
07-30-2009, 12:48 PM
Hey hombre tranquilo... yo aqui estoy respetando su foro... y no he comentado a favor o en contra de esa situacion lo unico que he dicho es que los OSU (Orange Star Ultras) y el resto de la Barra Naranja vieron lo de la cerveza y probablemente hagan algo contra los miembros del USECTOR y Red Patch ( Nada fisico solo tiraera por decirlo asi), y le tiren cosas al Portero.

Sobre Gaudette, no tengo nada que decir. El jugador de ustedes, que no me acuerdo su nombre ahora en este instante se tiro y si le dio claro en la rodilla. Creo que hizo mucho teatro para lo que realmente ocurrio pero e se aprovecho que las reglas FIFA dicen que el unico que no se puede atender fuera del campo es al Guardametas.
Bueno, esta bien. La verdad que lo que me molesto mas de todo fue el teatro. No solo en ese momento, sino durante todo el partido. Espero que los pocos hinchas de Toronto que si hagan el viaje hasta PR no tengan problemas, que seria una lastima que un acto estupido de un individuo crea problemas para los viajeros.

(To all, we're just clearing up a couple of points to make sure we're all on the same page. Sorry for the Spanish, but just wanted to make sure we were understanding each other 100%)

Sage, we should probably switch back to English :D

Troll
07-30-2009, 12:48 PM
what you wrote was:

... and i am saying, why is ok if we troll their boards but he/she should beat it?

I don't think you understand the term 'trolling'. Nobody said they wanted to go over there and rile anybody up or cause shit. They simply wanted to know what their fans thought of the match.

This dude can back-track all he wants now, but he's made posts in the match thread, and this one now that are just simply made to piss us off.

So yes, I stand behind my comment... he can go fuck himself.

Sage
07-30-2009, 12:50 PM
Are you high? This guy is calling us a bunch of 'whiners' and I tell him to beat it. How is that Trolling?

And some other people are interested in seeing PRI's match reactions... how is THAT trolling?

Wao dude you misunderstood... I answered the question that was asked.

I said the OSU and the rest of the Barra Naranja are tired of other supporters group crying and looking for excuses. In specific the comment about the game being fixed.... and Islanders being cheaters...

I haven't said that all of you guys are crying... anyways sorry if you misunderstood. I was just answering a question that was made.

SilverSamurai
Thts because youre looking at the wrong domain... I' ma PRI Supporterand Orangestarultras.com is a dead site.

For most of teh chitter chatter from the supporters feel free to go to www.hiapr.org (http://www.hiapr.org) or www.prislandersfc.com (http://www.prislandersfc.com)
I don't see anything besides talking about the game beforehand.

there supporters have my respect 100%

there goalie is still the worlds biggest clutz of a douche bag
Welcome to CONCACAF.
This is just a taste of the BS the CMNT have to put up with during WCQ.
(not the PR supporters)

De esto estoy deacuerdo.
Viva el presidente!:scarf:

this is joga
I don't think you understand the term 'trolling'. Nobody said they wanted to go over there and rile anybody up or cause shit. They simply wanted to know what their fans thought of the match.

This dude can back-track all he wants now, but he's made posts in the match thread, and this one now that are just simply made to piss us off.

So yes, I stand behind my comment... he can go fuck himself.

got it! my bad..

prizby
07-30-2009, 12:52 PM

i read it as him saying on the PR boards they are posting about us whining, and frankly there has been a little about that, and whether he posts anything good or not, i still will welcome him instead of dropping below the torontonian level of being warm and welcome

jabbronies
07-30-2009, 12:52 PM
I mean the crying some members did... not ll of them... I've been reading... Most of the blame is being tossed at the players instead of the coach...

IMO hes to blame for understimating the Islanders and making the players use a tactic that wasnt workign and not doing correct changes.

if you watch the presser it sounds like he (with help from velez) gave everyone on the team the heads up on what the PRI would do this game. And from the presser it sounds like the players forgot about what was said and they got bit for it.

Also, we gave the ball away time after time during the game. How can you blame the coach for that?

Sure his tactic are not the greatest, however, you have to wonder how much of it is actually being put into practice during the game considering the dreary passing, crossing positioning we saw on the field.

Sage
07-30-2009, 12:53 PM
I don't see anything besides talking about the game beforehand.

http://hiapr.org/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1248938986

Sage
07-30-2009, 12:56 PM
if you watch the presser it sounds like he (with help from velez) gave everyone on the team the heads up on what the PRI would do this game. And from the presser it sounds like the players forgot about what was said and they got bit for it.

Also, we gave the ball away time after time during the game. How can you blame the coach for that?

Sure his tactic are not the greatest, however, you have to wonder how much of it is actually being put into practice during the game considering the dreary passing, crossing positioning we saw on the field.

Yes but remember the tactics used on a game should be practiced beforehand... if the Coach can't keep control of his players before and during the game things like that happen.

BTW... Islanders dindt have their DT on board... He's suspended... the idiot got himself kicked out of the CCC (CFU Champions Cup) Final game.

Sage
07-30-2009, 01:09 PM
I guess with the garbage strike and all Toronto looked more like Puerto Rico and the islanders players felt like they were at home...

Next game we hopefully have Guevara, Serioux and Nana back...and I don't see the islanders being able to improve much. We can still win this.

One silver lining is Gomex played pretty well in the back, all things considering.

Barrett needs to shoot the ball without thinking about it. Very frustrating.See... this is what I'm talking about... Question has he ever been to Puerto Rico? I wish he be one of the ones flying down here over the weekend so he can see for himself how clean the Island is for the most part (though I'm not saying there isn't trash) but gee to go out and insult a whole country because an FC from Z country beat you... Dude I don't want to see your comments if thi were Sapprisa and not the Islanders.

I can assure you that the Islanders will play different at home. They're in front of their fans, they want their revenge against Cruz Azul, they will play as they played Santos, Marathon and CA at home.

SilverSamurai
07-30-2009, 01:10 PM
http://hiapr.org/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1248938986
Thanks,
nothing special so far, just someone saying that we've never won a game by time wasting. Which is true, we don't time waste by rolling out and taking hours to change gloves.

K update- according to the stats on there, no team has ever scored more then 2 goals at PR's baseball/footy stadium, and they've only lost twice.

Some people on there (seems like 2-3) want to get back at the visiting supporters for the beer tossing incident and 2 players had some kind of altercation. Here's hoping they fight amongst themselves like Vancouver and Montreal did!

prizby
07-30-2009, 01:16 PM
I can assure you that the Islanders will play different at home. They're in front of their fans, they want their revenge against Cruz Azul, they will play as they played Santos, Marathon and CA at home.

as long as we go into the game with the same attitude as we went into montreal needing a 4 goal win to clinch, we will come out of there with a victory, i am sure of it

Sage
07-30-2009, 01:25 PM
http://hiapr.org/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1245491142/450

Read this one too if your interested of course.

------------------------------------------------------

On a side note let me show you whats waiting TFC down in PR: OSU-Barra Naranja
BTW... the idiot with the microphone is because its a clip from a local tv program.. the dude is an idiot lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv5TKo51tnc

Here you can also see how they will be playing at home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plxOBVb8KTQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xtWISjBs_U

Detroit_TFC
07-30-2009, 01:29 PM
wow, there needs to be a limit on how many threads someone can start in a day....as the simpsons put it, "do you ever think anything you dont say"

:rofl:

Carefree
07-30-2009, 01:31 PM
jack, how can you say:

Maybe you will fall ill to the fact that someone had thrown a beer at your door disgusting, but he deserved that and more.

IMO no-one and i mean no-one and no act on the pitch deserves a spectator throwing anything at him. how can you condone such an act?
What translation software are you using?

In Babelfish it comes out as "Perhaps to you it falls to them bad the fact that somebody has thrown him a beer to its loathsomeness of doorman, but merecia that and but." :noidea:

SilverSamurai
07-30-2009, 01:54 PM

In Babelfish it comes out as "Perhaps to you it falls to them bad the fact that somebody has thrown him a beer to its loathsomeness of doorman, but merecia that and but." :noidea:
What in the f*ck?!:picard:

this is joga
07-30-2009, 01:57 PM

i used google translator.. not sure which one is right.
although seeing how the google translator at least was grammatical correct.

jack, can sent us straight with this?

Sage
07-30-2009, 01:59 PM
What are yu guys translating ? :S

this is joga
07-30-2009, 02:03 PM
What are yu guys translating ? :S

.. more specifically:
A lo mejor a ustedes les cae mal el hecho de que alguien le haya tirado una cerveza a su asquerosidad de portero, pero el se merecia eso y mas.

Sage
07-30-2009, 02:07 PM
"Maybe you guys disagree with the fact that someone threw a beer at your nasty goalkeeper, but he deserved that and more..."

Anything else you guys need translating?

Rudi
07-30-2009, 02:14 PM
In one of the forums not sure if it was here, USECTOR, or The Voyageurs, someone said TFC would win this game 6-1... that just show that they know absolutely nothing about their opponent.
LOL dude, you need to detect sarcasm better.

After the 6-1 win in Montreal, we started joking around that we want nothing less than a 6-1 win every game.

No one seriously thought TFC was going to win 6-1 against you.

__wowza
07-30-2009, 02:14 PM
sage:
i think the frustrations, i know mine do at least, have to do with the PR keeper in genearal (being a former crew member doesnt help his cause) because of the amount of time he spent on the floor yesterday. i do agree with everyone though, we're harder on our own team than we are on yours. we outplayed the islanders, hands down. however, it wasnt as lopsided as people would like to think. we controlled possession and outshot, but we cant finish, and thats been a nagging issue that was exploited after the first goal. you wont hear any criticism from us about that fact or about your club after that.

that doesnt mean that the PRI didnt put forth a really solid effort that picked them up a huge win. even if they were (in my opinion) underestimated by the fans.

__wowza
07-30-2009, 02:15 PM
"Maybe you guys disagree with the fact that someone threw a beer at your nasty goalkeeper, but he deserved that and more..."

Anything else you guys need translating?

also, look at the rest of the thread and you'll see a lot of people who disagree with that decision.

mdc 77
07-30-2009, 02:15 PM
http://hiapr.org/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1245491142/450

Read this one too if your interested of course.

------------------------------------------------------

On a side note let me show you whats waiting TFC down in PR: OSU-Barra Naranja
BTW... the idiot with the microphone is because its a clip from a local tv program.. the dude is an idiot lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv5TKo51tnc

Here you can also see how they will be playing at home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plxOBVb8KTQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xtWISjBs_U

I think TFC's biggest worry is how themselves play. You guys aren't exactly playing at the Azteca or something, i mean what do you usually draw for a league match? Average 4000 maybe?

this is joga
07-30-2009, 02:16 PM
i must add that i do not speak spanish.. although my italian is above average. and from i could tell pero el se merecia eso y mas translates to but he deserved that and more.

i don't think Jack should be condoning anything being thrown at opposing players.. i must also add that if my translation was incorrect that i will gladly take back what i wrote.. jack, can you please let me know if my translation was right or not?

Sage
07-30-2009, 02:19 PM
http://hiapr.org/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1248980697

an English thread was begun by a fellow RPB in HIAPR for those interested.

Sage
07-30-2009, 02:21 PM
also, look at the rest of the thread and you'll see a lot of people who disagree with that decision.

hehehe I was just translating what was said... since some of you guys were having trouble with the Google translator which pretty much is way too literal in its translation.

Rudi
07-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Good.

You guys cannot be happy with anti-football at home, results or no.

Sage
07-30-2009, 02:23 PM
I think TFC's biggest worry is how themselves play. You guys aren't exactly playing at the Azteca or something, i mean what do you usually draw for a league match? Average 4000 maybe?

Yeah... 5,000 around... if its a good team like Van...

But... this is TFC... the team of our National Team Captain Marco Velez... so probably more people will go to see Marco and see TFC out of curiosity. I expect a maximum of 10,000 people and a minimum of 5,000.

Intru
07-30-2009, 02:27 PM

No we dont play in Azteca, we play EN EL CEMENTERIO!

Jack
07-30-2009, 02:29 PM
i must add that i do not speak spanish.. although my italian is above average. and from i could tell pero el se merecia eso y mas translates to but he deserved that and more.

i don't think Jack should be condoning anything being thrown at opposing players.. i must also add that if my translation was incorrect that i will gladly take back what i wrote.. jack, can you please let me know if my translation was right or not?

I think cheaters should be run over by a bus

billyfly
07-30-2009, 02:29 PM
Tell me that's the nickname and not the actual Stadium name.

mdc 77
07-30-2009, 02:32 PM

Actually I think its just a baseball stadium. :D

SilverSamurai
07-30-2009, 02:34 PM

They play in 104?
although 118 was a cemetery last night...

Jack
07-30-2009, 02:35 PM

Just to clarify a little further, I don't condone people throwing things at opposing players.

It's just too bad that referees can't control cheaters.

I still think he got what he deserved, even though it was vigilante justice and two wrongs don't make a right.

Sage
07-30-2009, 02:36 PM

Nickname the actual stadium is called Juan Ramon Loubriel, a baseballs tar... the Stadium used to be a Baseball field but it was refurnished to be a SSS.

The nickname comes because All the central American Teams (including Mexico) were defeated or got eliminated in the Juan Ramon Loubriel.

LD Alajuelense
Santos Laguna
Tauro FC
Cruz Azul
MArathon

CSD Municipal*- They won 1-0 but needed a 2-0 win to pass to the Quarter finals

Intru
07-30-2009, 02:36 PM
Thats true but atleast we have real grass.

SilverSamurai
07-30-2009, 02:37 PM
Ouch... low blow there...

Intru
07-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Its so nice and fluffy you could take a nap there, LOL

prizby
07-30-2009, 02:38 PM

you know what, ouch

but its funny cuz its true

this is joga
07-30-2009, 02:39 PM
I think cheaters should be run over by a bus

really? i still don't see what was so wrong with what he did. the keeper took his time eating up a clock when his team was ahead. yes, he took his time... and yes, i don't like it - the ref did hand out a yellow card for that same fact... what more can he do? also, the ref didn't caution or card Gerba or Dichio for running the keeper.

remember, i think its the responsibility of the men on the pitch (both players and refs) to police the game. not a spectator like yourself. i know you probably feel like more than a spectator, although truth is you are no more and no less.. as am i. we all are.

maybe that is the problem here. that you think you have a say in what happens... if you wanna drive a truck into someone, just do it - don't talk shit on some website.

Sage
07-30-2009, 02:41 PM
you know what, ouch

but its funny cuz its true

I work on the field sometimes... and the gras is very comfortable on the feet... SPECIALLy when they turn on the sprnklers before each match... so basically the ball runs as if it was synthetic but without the bumps... bad part is the mud... and if it rains... just watch the Santos Laguna game highlights.

Intru
07-30-2009, 02:44 PM
LOl when it rains its like there playing water polo on the pitch its funny

SilverSamurai
07-30-2009, 02:45 PM
I work on the field sometimes... and the gras is very comfortable on the feet... SPECIALLy when they turn on the sprnklers before each match... so basically the ball runs as if it was synthetic but without the bumps... bad part is the mud... and if it rains... just watch the Santos Laguna game highlights.
We know what it's like. We remember the grass coming up against Honduras last year...

this is joga
07-30-2009, 02:46 PM
btw i am watching the game replay on GolTV as i type.. and the infamous incident just happened. DeRo went in real hard, and took a kick at the keepers head with one leg while knocking him on his knee pretty hard - yes, Gaudette made it look worse than it was, but DeRo went real hard.

btw Gaudette's time wasting after that was all due to the fact that a beer was tossed at him.. so thank the twat that threw the beer, he is more to blame.

Sage
07-30-2009, 02:46 PM
:picard:.... :drum: lol still it is true... WATER POLO!!! :P:pbjtime::boxing::grouphug:

I love these SMileys :D

Sage
07-30-2009, 02:47 PM
btw i am watching the game replay on GolTV as i type.. and the infamous incident just happened. DeRo went in real hard, and took a kick at the keepers head with one leg while knocking him on his knee pretty hard - yes, Gaudette made it look worse than it was, but DeRo went real hard.

btw Gaudette's time wasting after that was all due to the fact that a beer was tossed at him.. so thank the twat that threw the beer is more to blame.

Sometimes things appear differen real live and when you see them up close they are totally different.

Jack
07-30-2009, 02:48 PM
really? i still don't see what was so wrong with what he did. the keeper took his time eating up a clock when his team was ahead. yes, he took his time... and yes, i don't like it - the ref did hand out a yellow card for that same fact... what more can he do? also, the ref didn't caution or card Gerba or Dichio for running the keeper.

remember, i think its the responsibility of the men on the pitch (both players and refs) to police the game. not a spectator like yourself. i know you probably feel like more than a spectator, although truth is you are no more and no less.. as am i. we all are.

maybe that is the problem here. that you think you have a say in what happens... if you wanna drive a truck into someone, just do it - don't talk shit on some website.
Read what I posted after that again.

I said "should" be run over by a bus. That's how it makes me feel. It doesn't mean I'm going to take a bus and run a guy over.

I don't want to police the game, but I am certainly entitled to be disgusted or frustrated by the actions of a player if I so choose, just as I am entitled to be happy and overjoyed.

prizby
07-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Jack-Having watched our mens team way too many times and watching this shit, yes its frustrating, but its sooooooooo predictable

what i want to see is, take a stop watch, every time there is a goal kick, time how long it takes the goalie from the time he gets the ball in his hand or at his feet to the time he kicks it in the first half, and compare that to how long it takes in the 2nd half (after the first goal)

you will surprised, i bet

Sage
07-30-2009, 02:54 PM
He's done and known for that... he did it in Municipal last year and got carded too.

this is joga
07-30-2009, 02:55 PM
Read what I posted after that again.

I said "should" be run over by a bus. That's how it makes me feel. It doesn't mean I'm going to take a bus and run a guy over.

I don't want to police the game, but I am certainly entitled to be disgusted or frustrated by the actions of a player if I so choose, just as I am entitled to be happy and overjoyed.

i agree!
although IMO (and its only my opinion) saying that Gaudette deserves what he got and more is totally wrong... and seeing how you're the RPB prez maybe you should be a little more diplomatic regarding this matter - at least online. if you wanna say that to someone over a beer or at the game, be it... i'm curious to see what you have to say when/if they put up mess/fence in front of us in the south end.

for the record, that is the last thing i wanna see come of this.

billyfly
07-30-2009, 02:56 PM
i agree!
although IMO (and its only my opinion) saying that Gaudette deserves what he got and more is totally wrong... and seeing how you're the RPB prez maybe you should be a little more diplomatic regarding this matter - at least online. if you wanna say that to someone over a beer or at the game, be it... i'm curious to see what you have to say when/if they put up mess/fence in front of us in the south end.

for the record, that is the last thing i wanna see come of this.

We'll all be in the new north section by then! :D

this is joga
07-30-2009, 03:02 PM
We'll all be in the new north section by then! :D

maybe.. although i am more than positive if this happens, we'll all see tons of threads shitting on this decision and at least 2 protests.

i've said this in another thread, that i get it why fans cheered the beer hitting Gaudette.. and i kinda understand why the beer was tossed. although i don't condone it and i surely know that we'll be to blame (and only the fans in the south end should be) if mess/fence is put up.

English Rachel
07-30-2009, 03:14 PM
I gotta get in on this Spanish... although I can hardly remember any. I just want to say I am sorry so here goes.

Hola

Lo siento por mi espanol, es muy mal. Siempre, en futbol, perder los estibos es muy comun pero ya se, y otros, esa tirar objetos a la futbolista es inaceptable.

Me gusta futbol pero no me gusta esta situacion.

Gracias, nuestra amistad en futbol significo mucho para mi.

Lo siento, otra vez.

Raquel

I hope that made sense!! I had to look a couple of words up... lol!

Sage
07-30-2009, 03:18 PM
I gotta get in on this Spanish... although I can hardly remember any. I just want to say I am sorry so here goes.

Hola

Lo siento por mi espanol, es muy malo. Siempre, en futbol, perder los estibos es muy comun pero ya se, y otros, esa tirar objetos al futbolista es inaceptable.

Me gusta el futbol pero no me gusta esta situacion.

Gracias, nuestra amistad en futbol significa mucho para mi.

Lo siento, otra vez.

Raquel

I hope that made sense!! I had to look a couple of words up... lol!

There I fixed it ;)

English Rachel
07-30-2009, 03:22 PM
Yey, so you could understand it then, even if I totally picked the wrong sex for my words... It's been 15 years since I studied it so I am pretty stoked you could understand.

Sage
07-30-2009, 03:29 PM
Yey, so you could understand it then, even if I totally picked the wrong sex for my words... It's been 15 years since I studied it so I am pretty stoked you could understand.

Go to:http://hiapr.org/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=islanders if you want to practice and say that to the Islanders fans.

English Rachel
07-30-2009, 03:43 PM
done lol

Islanders4Ever
07-30-2009, 04:21 PM
Hey peeps,

hope this isn't double posting but I read Sage's posts and well I feel the need to step in.

1) Sage is a TOOL
2)No one in the Islanders supporters community respects him
3) Fans have one forum: http://hiapr.org/yabb/YaBB.pl (Spanish)
4) Some (very few) post on BigSoccer, etc
5) A couple of blogs would be: the Islanders one at the offside and another one called pasion naranja (.com)

And the question still stands, what did Gaudette do that was so despicable?

yankiboy
07-31-2009, 08:10 AM
Big ups to Rachel & priz for stopping by our site.
We sincerely appreciate the good will.

My thoughts on the match are (the beer thing, I'm ready to let lie--it's been discussed here on our site and others):

We got the result that we expected. Almost exactly how we expected it. With Some of the same responses from the opposing team's fans. Now it is some of you guys.

No surprises at all.

I feel good about our chances to beat a very good TFC side @ the JRL. I have no dilusions about it being easy but it is possible. We have beaten better clubs than ours in international competition at home before. Clubs WAY better than our.

It's not supposed to be easy. Whenever you play a bigger, better club with better resources, you have your work cut out for you.