PDA

View Full Version : Enough With the Streamers

James17930
07-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Okay -- in my opinion -- but I think it's probably true there are a lot of people who agree with me -- it's time to end it with the streamers.

Tonight, disgustingly, there were numerous people IN THE SUPPORTER'S SECTIONS throwing streamers at our own players (most notably Cronin whenever he went to take a corner).

I mean, this is pretty stupid. If the urge to throw something can't even override basic common sense that you don't do that to our own players, then streamers have to be banned.

It makes both the fans and the club look like complete morons.

Shakes McQueen
07-29-2009, 09:43 PM
I disagree with banning streamers - I agree with having the self-restraint to not throw them at our own players.

- Scott

James17930
07-29-2009, 09:45 PM
I disagree with banning streamers - I agree with having the self-restraint to not throw them at our own players.

- Scott

Yes, but when many people obviously don't, than what?

Shakes McQueen
07-29-2009, 09:52 PM
Yes, but when many people obviously don't, than what?

You deal with it, or get the supporters to police themselves. I'm sure there were more than a few RPB's who weren't happy with the people doing it.

I don't think the correct first response to situations like this, is just to ban stuff.

- Scott

Dbl_D
07-29-2009, 09:53 PM
the streamers were awesome this evening after the anthem... the beer thrown, good toss but utter fail...

James17930
07-29-2009, 09:57 PM
You deal with it, or get the supporters to police themselves. I'm sure there were more than a few RPB's who weren't happy with the people doing it.

I don't think the correct first response to situations like this, is just to ban stuff.

- Scott

Well, then they've got to start doing a much better job.

prizby
07-29-2009, 10:01 PM
this was a minor unforseen problem when you give streamers to people who nomrally don't have them.

I don't think this will happen anygame again

Redpunkfiddle
07-29-2009, 10:46 PM
this was a minor unforseen problem when you give streamers to people who nomrally don't have them.

I don't think this will happen anygame again

This was a byproduct of a mass handout of streamers, yes. I was pissed too, but not close enough to the corner to talk to the crowd about it. We learned a bit, and managed muich better on the tifo than I expected with all the variables.

Great job by the team.

BoltonTFC
07-29-2009, 10:53 PM
Do you EVER see streamers thrown at an EPL match? It looks so bush league. Get rid of them.

Sab0tage
07-29-2009, 10:55 PM
Do you EVER see streamers thrown at an EPL match? It looks so bush league. Get rid of them. This isn't the EPL, sorry to inform you. Different league, different supporters culture. Get over it.

prizby
07-29-2009, 10:59 PM
Do you EVER see streamers thrown at an EPL match? It looks so bush league. Get rid of them.

great point, last time i checked this wasn't the EPL

iansmcl
07-29-2009, 11:03 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUC8WY3rfZM

werewolf
07-29-2009, 11:11 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=15835

Sure some streamers may have been leftover, and poorly thrown, but it happens.

I_AM_CANADIAN
07-29-2009, 11:16 PM
:rolleyes:

Ditto what has already been said above.

Hustle
07-29-2009, 11:17 PM
Someone please post a pic of the streamer shower asap.

Anything that happened after that is collateral damage...It looked very good and a big thank you to everyone who put the hard work into placing the streamers in the seats.

Roogsy
07-29-2009, 11:20 PM
Gawd...we obviously have people with IQs in single digits. For real.

IN WHOSE DEMENTED MIND IS IT OK TO THROW STREAMERS AT OUR OWN PLAYERS WHILE THEY ARE TRYING TO TAKE A CORNER???

I am going to wrap you in streamers and drop you into Lake Ontario you mental midget.

I_AM_CANADIAN
07-29-2009, 11:23 PM
Yeah, that's pretty bizarre. Either someone's just a dunce or had a few too many beers.

billyfly
07-29-2009, 11:41 PM
I loved the instructions that came with them.

Yohan
07-30-2009, 12:48 AM
yeah. couple of retards with streamers... le sigh

though there was this one rolled streamer that was in the middle of field for entire 2nd half and no one moved it out of the pitch. I think a PRI actually slipped on it once. I lol'd

also on the subject, beer tossing. stop it. stop it now.

james
07-30-2009, 12:56 AM
i loved the streamers! was the best atmosphere we had all year, this season atmosphere was dieing with out them. We need more streamers:

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/James_David_Champken/Streamers3.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/James_David_Champken/Streamers2.jpg

james
07-30-2009, 01:00 AM

who gives a fuck.... I have seen them throw streamers in the Argentine league, France league, Germany, Brazil, Holland, Greece, Turkey, Serbia, Chili,Russia, Denamrk.....should i go on???????

Roogsy
07-30-2009, 01:08 AM

They also don't serve beer in the EPL. Should they get rid of those too?

We do our own thing here. I don't care what the EPL does.

But I want to see it done away from the run of play. And definitely not at our own player!

Shep
07-30-2009, 01:13 AM

Well.. first, EPL? Isn't that in England? Like 3000 miles away-ish? Not even same landmass? People like you who think EPL is the end-all and be-all of footy need to pull your heads out your arses. Notice TFC, Canadian club :canada:, based in an extremely multicultural city.. doesn't it make sense that we incorporate support styles that fit the spectrum of supporters here? We aren't all brits.

Second, check the video posted above.

SilverSamurai
07-30-2009, 07:57 AM
They also don't serve beer in the EPL. Should they get rid of those too?

We do our own thing here. I don't care what the EPL does.

But I want to see it done away from the run of play. And definitely not at our own player!
Gotta agree with that.

But as much as I don't agree w/ the beer tossing, the @$$ of a keeper deserved it.

MG42
07-30-2009, 08:01 AM
From where I was it was a couple new guys near the bottom of 111, never seen them before...kind of looked like some kids from "growing up gotti".

Shaughno
07-30-2009, 08:01 AM
I don't care for streamers unless it's an organized event like last night.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3454/3772025026_9f051d4fdd_b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2624/3771221265_902d7b89f8_b.jpg

Nodoubtguy
07-30-2009, 08:03 AM
The streamers after the anthem = great display....lets go bigger!!!
Streamers thrown at corners and at players = getting old

olegunnar
07-30-2009, 08:04 AM
This coming from the guy that posted last year that the Dichio 23:13 chant tradition was old and outdated.

Bloor West FC
07-30-2009, 08:21 AM
Streamers are great like last night. I agree not to throw them at players. But we should not get rid of them.

UltraFootyKWC
07-30-2009, 08:28 AM
The streamers after the anthem = great display....lets go bigger!!!
Streamers thrown at corners and at players = getting old

Agree 100%

phonzo
07-30-2009, 08:29 AM
on that note whoever the douches were that threw them at our own fucking players taking corners you are retarded....that is all

Azerban
07-30-2009, 08:41 AM
they're not on this board you mental midgets

if you see someone throwing streamers at our players bitch them out then and there, don't whine about it on the internet where no one cares

Parkdale
07-30-2009, 08:47 AM
This coming from the guy that posted last year that the Dichio 23:13 chant tradition was old and outdated.

do you have some kind of database of everyone's old posts? that would be handy.

phonzo
07-30-2009, 08:47 AM
....glad to except they came out of 111/110...cock

who the fuck shit in your cheerios this morning bro?

Azerban
07-30-2009, 08:55 AM
....glad to except they came out of 111/110...cock

who the fuck shit in your cheerios this morning bro?

noooo too bad there are no rpb at all in those sections

good thing we have posts on the internet telling people who know not to do a thing to not do that same thing, good work y'all

phonzo
07-30-2009, 08:58 AM
actually there are rpb in 111/110.....

who knows if they threw them but either way...fuck me for having an opinion

BuSaPuNk
07-30-2009, 10:01 AM
I clearly seen (watching on TV) someone in 113 throw it right at Cronin when he was jogging over to take the corner. What has the world come to?? Jeez...

BTW great job with the streamer shower!! Pics look awsome....now to go bigger!!

MG42
07-30-2009, 10:07 AM
they're not on this board you mental midgets

if you see someone throwing streamers at our players bitch them out then and there, don't whine about it on the internet where no one cares

How do you know?

Stick to your shtick.

Azerban
07-30-2009, 10:15 AM
How do you know?

because if they were they've already seen this carbon copy thread that we have after each and every game where a player gets streamers thrown at them

maybe if we start an internet petition they'll stop!

H Bomb
07-30-2009, 11:07 AM
Yeah but Azerban is right. The secret is to not be insulted by random Internets speak. But getting insulted by things is a National passtime. At this point (and until y'all control tickets in 112/113) you cant have a streamer Tifo without people then being stupid with streamers. It's been proven that there will always be drunken asshols throwing shit, whatever that shit is. A dude in 115 who has thrown things on the field no less than 2ce before last night as well as being known to throw things at other fans, he was spotted throwing a beer last night, and fought against it like someone had just killed his child. So blame Douchebags and cocaine, not Azerban, he's just being blunt in an attempt to stop useless insular conversations

Belfast_Boy
07-30-2009, 11:09 AM
I'll stop throwing streamers when I can have a flare. sounds like a fair trade to me.

Shep
07-30-2009, 11:11 AM
Yeah but Azerban is right. The secret is to not be insulted by random Internets speak. But getting insulted by things is a National passtime. At this point (and until y'all control tickets in 112/113) you cant have a streamer Tifo without people then being stupid with streamers. It's been proven that there will always be drunken asshols throwing shit, whatever that shit is. A dude in 115 who has thrown things on the field no less than 2ce before last night as well as being known to throw things at other fans, he was spotted throwing a beer last night, and fought against it like someone had just killed his child. So blame Douchebags and cocaine, not Azerban, he's just being blunt in an attempt to stop useless insular conversations

I deleted my post, I write too much when I get pissed off.

But it would be wrong to think of any conversations here as insular, I was sat beside a bunch of guys last night who were going on about some posts and topics on this board. I asked them if they post/what their nicks are, and they said they don't they just lurk and read.

Conversations here spread.

And it pisses me off to see one RPB lay out insults to another when he could have simply stated it in the way you did, with intelligence in the form of discussion. Not berating someone right off the mark for a completely fair post and opinion. You say he's just being blunt in an attempt to stop useless insular conversations... I disagree, I think he's taking out his frustration on the internet by using his wit to attack a post he didn't like. Maybe he's having a bad day, maybe he's still hurting from last night. I don't know, but his response wasn't called for.

Just my opinion though. If you think it was a good way for him to address Phonzo's post, have at it.

And why would I blame douchebags or cocaine for the way his reply was written?

H Bomb
07-30-2009, 11:11 AM
^^ see, people just have to throw thinbgs....it must be a instinctual thing or something....cause it's got nothing to do with reason

Toronto_Bhoy
07-30-2009, 11:12 AM
Roogsy mentioned it…"throwing streamers at our own players"?

And what happened to the Dichio chant last night…it was barely audible? I had a new guy with me and was explaining the tradition and tribute a couple of minutes beforehand. He's like "What? That's it?"

H Bomb
07-30-2009, 11:12 AM
I deleted my post, I write too much when I get pissed off.

But it would be wrong to think of any conversations here as insular, I was sat beside a bunch of guys last night who were going on about some posts and topics on this board. I asked them if they post/what their nicks are, and they said they don't they just lurk and read.

Conversations here spread.

And it pisses me off to see one RPB lay out insults to another when he could have simply stated it in the way you did, with intelligence in the form of discussion. Not berating someone right off the mark for a completely fair post and opinion.

Just get to know Adam and you'll laugh next time he writes something like that:D

Shep
07-30-2009, 11:25 AM
Just get to know Adam and you'll laugh next time he writes something like that:D

Yeah, true. I've only met a few people on the boards, and it's alot easier to get someone's humor when you know them somewhat.

Could just be the way I'm reading it, I know I write shit that can be pretty nasty... but I'm usually drunk when I do that :drinking:

Hopefully I'll be forgiven for getting mad, and can buy you all a pint someday!

Shep
07-30-2009, 11:26 AM

ooh, just remembered I was drinking with an Adam at Joe's a few matches ago... had a gf named Savannah... wouldn't be the same would it?

H Bomb
07-30-2009, 11:27 AM
hahaha, not unless Pinkie changed her name....or was messing with you. Dont worry, you'll meet them all in time

and yes, you can buy me beer at your leisure

Shep
07-30-2009, 11:35 AM
hahaha, not unless Pinkie changed her name....or was messing with you. Dont worry, you'll meet them all in time

and yes, you can buy me beer at your leisure

Sounds good. I'm the guy with the shaved head, long sideburns and stretched ears. If you see me say hi and I'll grab you a pint! As long as I still have the dough left - those Guinness cost some cash. But a guaranteed hi-5 at least!