PDA

View Full Version : New players in or are we done???

Pigfynn
07-29-2009, 03:02 PM
The transfer window has been open for 2 weeks (pretty much) and there has been no indication that the club is moving for anyone at all. I know there is still plenty of time, but it seems weird that John from CBC or Duane from th 24th minute or Ben form ICF or Ryan from Sportsnet have said nothing about anyone or anything!

The JDG is said to be over. Does this mean it was JDG or no one?

We usually have had alot more speculation about potential signings during a transfer window.

My question is:

Are we closed for business? Does the club's management really believe we are good enough as is?

Oh! and does anyone know ANYTHING???????

mmmikey
07-29-2009, 03:38 PM
so many questions, so few answers. :(

i believe the idea of taking the JDG deal off the table was to give them time to pursue other transfer targets. there are some conspiracy theories about that as well though.

i would have to believe they are looking to bring someone in, but this JDG deal has drawn all the attention aside from Pozniak being back in town and some mystery man.

I would like to see more pestering of TFC staff members from the soccer press we have though.. There has to be SOMETHING out there to dig up. Right? :(

Hitcho
07-29-2009, 03:41 PM
where the fuck is poz?! sign him up asap, the roster is way too thin and he'd be a great canadian utility player that should never have been pinched from us to begin with...

Pigfynn
07-30-2009, 09:45 AM
In light of last night's events....

the question remains, Does this team's management actually believe this team is good enough as is?? There are open roster spots sitting there while we pile up losses.

What's happening?

Nuvinho
07-30-2009, 10:10 AM
In light of last night's events....

the question remains, Does this team's management actually believe this team is good enough as is?? There are open roster spots sitting there while we pile up losses.

What's happening?

I was thinking the same thing.

I have a feeling they may announce someone or put a name out there so supporters will take their minds off the bad run of late.

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-30-2009, 10:33 AM
I would be shocked if they don't make some moves. It seems strange with the MLS setup, in which the individual teams don't pay the players salaries, that teams have empty roster spots. You'd think they'd fill the spots even if it was with "project players" from the CSL.

Nuvinho
07-30-2009, 10:40 AM
I would be shocked if they don't make some moves. It seems strange with the MLS setup, in which the individual teams don't pay the players salaries, that teams have empty roster spots. You'd think they'd fill the spots even if it was with "project players" from the CSL.

the one thing that could be a problem in filling the roster spots...is salary cap and allocation money. We supposedly have cap/allocation space, but with all the MLS rules and regulations....we are not 100% sure.

DangerRed
07-30-2009, 10:46 AM
They need to sign someone defensively. I think we have enough attacking power between De Ro, Guevara, Vitti, Barrett (shudder) and Gerba.

I still am very uncomfortable when I watch TFC trying to defend itself. Last night, when Garcia was challenging someone for the ball in our box, I actually said out loud "please just don't fucking trip him." That shouldn't be happening.

Either sign someone new or develop Gomez. We need more defensive depth.

Shep
07-30-2009, 10:48 AM
Just got an MLSrumors twitter this morning, Smith may be on his way to play for Kaiser Chiefs, so that would free up a wee bit of $. Just $45,000, but it's something

ArmenJBX
07-30-2009, 10:54 AM
Um...which Smith?

rocker
07-30-2009, 11:06 AM
we still have a smith?

mmmikey
07-30-2009, 12:06 PM
maybe this is part of johann smith being released? is there an mls rule which holds up his salary on our cap until he signs elsewhere?

i haven't really been payin attention to where he went after we released him.

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-30-2009, 12:11 PM
It's Jarrod Smith who's been linked with a move to South Africa - not sure that it has any salary connotations for TFC.

Yohan
07-30-2009, 03:31 PM
so. Terry Cooke anyone? :D