PDA

View Full Version : SLOW

FluSH
07-28-2009, 04:03 PM
SLOW IT DOWN

When we do Chants... please slow it down... it ain't a race!

I was going to post a more thoughtful thread but I don't have the time... I have to buy streamers!!!

and yes forgive me for not posting this in the chant section, but I need maximum exposure!

THANKS

Sab0tage
07-28-2009, 04:05 PM
And if you hear another chant going on with a decent amount of people involved, don't start another one at the same time. Damn that pisses me off.

Boris
07-28-2009, 04:06 PM
SLOW IT DOWN

When we do Chants... please slow it down... it ain't a race!

I was going to post a more thoughtful thread but I don't have the time... I have to buy streamers!!!

and yes forgive me for not posting this in the chant section, but I need maximum exposure!

THANKS

THANK YOU...
the chants have been getting faster and faster and its hard to control them....

TFC USA
07-28-2009, 04:07 PM
I thought this was going to be a thread about Danny Dichio and Andrea Lombardo competing in a 100 meter dash. :D

prizby
07-28-2009, 04:08 PM
THANK YOU...
the chants have been getting faster and faster and its hard to control them....

that was because we had some very excited boca fans last game

flush will flush you down the toilet if you go to fast *flush*

Roogsy
07-28-2009, 04:08 PM
And if you hear another chant going on with a decent amount of people involved, don't start another one at the same time. Damn that pisses me off.

:thumbsup:

For real.

So the point here is:

a) slow down on the chanting

b) don't start your own chant when another one is going

and if I may add:

c) please watch the capos, they are giving you the cues.

The Kingpin
07-28-2009, 04:09 PM
How slow?

drek
07-28-2009, 04:09 PM
I thought this was going to be a thread about Danny Dichio and Andrea Lombardo competing in a 100 meter dash. :D

Ba dum 'tish

Yohan
07-28-2009, 04:10 PM
more like, Nick Garcia vs Danny Dichio

now that's slow

Sparta
07-28-2009, 04:11 PM
the "Hey uhhhh ... Hey uhhhhh" chant should go faster and faster by every set: this is the song i am talking about:

Hey uhhhh, Hey uhhhhh
Hey uhh hey uhh hey uhhhhhh
hey uhhooooo, hey uhoooooooo
hey uhhooo ooo oo ooooooo

something like that -- dont know what its called by its "sticked" in my post in the chant section -- i think its number 6

MUFC_Niagara
07-28-2009, 04:16 PM
How slow?

Ya I was going to say the same.....I think we need to speed them up actually. Our songs move at a snales pace and I often find people get disinterested because they go so slow. Remember, the job in the stands is to pick up the tempo and get people involved.

FluSH
07-28-2009, 04:19 PM
You guys know "OOOOH TORONTO.... I'm GOING CRAZY"

Well it sounds like I'm in a Cartoon...

ooooh toronto I'm going crazy oh yes it's truue something ahs come over me I don't know what to do...

FluSH
07-28-2009, 04:21 PM
How slow?

Good question... not snail like slow... but not the indy 500's either... some chants deserve the speed.... but the majority... I'll say enjoy them... it ain't a race!

The Kingpin
07-28-2009, 04:21 PM
Ya I was going to say the same.....I think we need to speed them up actually. Our songs move at a snales pace and I often find people get disinterested because they go so slow. Remember, the job in the stands is to pick up the tempo and get people involved.

Well, In all honestly my opinion only matters to a degree since I'm not in the stands. But you did catch my point - to me, chanting is to be full of energy!! Passion!! Verve!!! MOXIE!!! Not paced control. This may be a case of trying just a bit too hard. Organically things will happen I suppose... Are people losing interest? Are the chants to regional? I don't know... Read LeBon's theory of the mob... This should help with chanting.

Yohan
07-28-2009, 04:22 PM
that's because Torontonians have attention span of a snail

people get bored after doing a song twice

best we can do is to sing the dichio song for maybe 90 secs. that's pretty sad

prizby
07-28-2009, 04:27 PM
can we go snail speed please?

backbeat
07-28-2009, 04:29 PM
my comment would be keep the chants/songs going about twice as long as you usually do them.

i find they just seem to get into a groove and then they fizzle out

they sound great - just more and much longer

:flare::drum::scarf::drum::flare:

Lennon
07-28-2009, 06:13 PM
I don't think we should be making blanket statements like "slow down all chants" ...

Some chants are supposed to be fast ... for example I think we need to speed up The Massive ... do it like Lens fans ... and ffs the "la la la la la" part is supposed to be the climax of the chant ... most of the time the chant dies after a few weak "la la's " ...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m6Pger_5oYQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m6Pger_5oYQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

unfortunately it's probly too late to change anything now ...

Smuttynose
07-28-2009, 06:30 PM
How slow?

not to sound rude or anything... but how would you know that they're too fast or too slow already? are we really that loud on tv that you can tell we're too slow?

GingerNinja
07-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Near the end of the River Plate game, we were doing Forza way toooooo slow. People were telling us to bounce, but the speed of the song called for more of a gentle rocking.

We have been having a lot of trouble with starting dichio at 23:13. Us and 113 seem to have different lead ins to it, or we start the lead in at different times.

FluSH
07-28-2009, 06:41 PM
eating chicken curry at the moment... will elaborate shortly...

FluSH
07-28-2009, 06:50 PM
the "Hey uhhhh ... Hey uhhhhh" chant should go faster and faster by every set: this is the song i am talking about:

Hey uhhhh, Hey uhhhhh
Hey uhh hey uhh hey uhhhhhh
hey uhhooooo, hey uhoooooooo
hey uhhooo ooo oo ooooooo

something like that -- dont know what its called by its "sticked" in my post in the chant section -- i think its number 6

Sparta I just checked your chant list... and I am clueless as to which chant this is =P

flatpicker
07-28-2009, 06:54 PM
This sounds like a great banner!

TOO FAST FOR FluSH!!

FluSH
07-28-2009, 07:01 PM
Well, In all honestly my opinion only matters to a degree since I'm not in the stands. But you did catch my point - to me, chanting is to be full of energy!! Passion!! Verve!!! MOXIE!!! Not paced control. This may be a case of trying just a bit too hard. Organically things will happen I suppose... Are people losing interest? Are the chants to regional? I don't know... Read LeBon's theory of the mob... This should help with chanting.

I think this is exactly what's happening... we are trying to hard and rushing through the words in a mumble.

Obviously there are chants that are completely fine and require a nice tempo... however as of late I've noticed the following beign rushed:

1. TFC Bounce (I can't even understand what people are saying anymore... it used to be nice and slow nice and clear then progressed faster)

2. Oooooh Toronto / I'm going Crazy ( I think this chant has been rushed for quite awhile, but lately it feels like a rave)

3. Forza TO (This sounds like a chore... partially because after 3 seasons we still don't have it right)

There are many of us who think Forza TO sounded it's best during the riverplate game... that's because they Boca Jr guys kept this tempo going:

Qx7naOzlQvU

The east european style sounds amazing... but then again they have a Capo that will kick you ass if you aren't signing or doing it correctly (see: http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=15674 )

Anyhow those are three pretty big chants that I can think of right now that are beign rushed...

prizby
07-28-2009, 07:04 PM
I don't think we should be making blanket statements like "slow down all chants" ...

Some chants are supposed to be fast ... for example I think we need to speed up The Massive ... do it like Lens fans ... and ffs the "la la la la la" part is supposed to be the climax of the chant ... most of the time the chant dies after a few weak "la la's " ...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m6Pger_5oYQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m6Pger_5oYQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

unfortunately it's probly too late to change anything now ...

if only we were this good at that chant!

Bobo
07-28-2009, 07:37 PM
You guys know "OOOOH TORONTO.... I'm GOING CRAZY"

Well it sounds like I'm in a Cartoon...

ooooh toronto I'm going crazy oh yes it's truue something ahs come over me I don't know what to do...

Even when I'm sober I'm slurring my words with the speed its going at. Literally speaking too, I get a lot of looks with that one.

Dave67
07-28-2009, 07:46 PM
There has been no better chant this year than the one time the slow version of 'Oh when the Reds' caught on. They should not all be that slow, but damn some chants sound great slow.

Bloor West FC
07-28-2009, 07:48 PM

I dont think we are that bad. Sometimes that chant is so awesome, other times were not. I think the person on the capo stand needs to get 111,112-113 all jumping at the lalalala part.
I know the capo's have been trying and I have been jumping in front row but I just can't see back so maybe I am wrong and 111 is jumping and looks great.

RealG-TFC
07-28-2009, 07:52 PM

To me, the BIG reason why we fall short is because it must be SUNG, not yelled.

It should go:

Kess - kuh - voo - shAHN - tay

Noo - shonton - Lay-rouge-ahllay!

right now it kinda just sounds like this:

Q'est - que - vous - chantEZ!

Nous - chan - tons - les - rouges - allEZ

^^ it may be major :picard: but it seems right in my head

FluSH
07-28-2009, 08:04 PM
So once again... (I knew I should have made a more thoughtful thread before taking off) ... not every chant needs to be SLOWED... if it feels right they you are probably doing the right thing...

on a more important note... if you find yourself losing your voice midway through the game, then you need to buy these:

http://content.costco.com/Images/Content/Product/62771b.jpg

or these

http://distusaispourquoi.d.i.pic.centerblog.net/zqohp3xt.jpg

or these

http://images.chemistdirect.co.uk/images/productimages/large/ricola_cranberry__lozenges_sugar_free_5483.jpg

Take it from me... it works... and we need your voices tomorrow!!

Carts
07-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Flush - This thread is missing one thing, the Dr. Dre sign off at the end - like the Dr. Pepper commercial...

'Slower is better, trust me, I'm a doctor' :thumbsup:

Carts...:D