PDA

View Full Version : Comcast intern knocks Canadians.. WTF!

OHARARULES
07-28-2009, 01:03 PM
I was reading this JA's Blog not sure why and I get to this part " Why Canada was even given a soccer team, I don’t think I’ll ever understand." That just pisses me off.. I don't want to look past our game tomorrow but I really hope we smack the shit out of NewEngland on Saturday!

here is the link to the blog
http://www.csnne.com/wickedgoodsports/new-englands-other-white-meatuhhfootball-team-07-28/

rocker
07-28-2009, 01:06 PM
who's Pat DeCola?

TFC07
07-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Why do Americans make it so easy to hate on them?

werewolf
07-28-2009, 01:08 PM
who's Pat DeCola?

:noidea:

gmacpheetfc
07-28-2009, 01:11 PM
what trash

ACSertL
07-28-2009, 01:14 PM
What I want to know is who are the 'Dyamo'?

gmacpheetfc
07-28-2009, 01:20 PM
hes a fucking bumb of an intern

http://www.csnne.com/author/patrick-decola/

prizby
07-28-2009, 01:20 PM
lol!!

werewolf
07-28-2009, 01:22 PM
hes a fucking bumb of an intern

http://www.csnne.com/author/patrick-decola/

so essentially he redefines being a "nobody"...blogs have really gone down hill in the past year. I am renaming the thread.

Lucky Strike
07-28-2009, 01:23 PM
who's Pat DeCola?

That was my question. So he says he has thin knowledge of MLS, is obviously not a long-time nor hardcore supporter and yet he can assert that New England deserves to win the cup? And because they eek out a win against the league leaders, therefore the team is good?

And what the hell is that about Canada, where did that come from? Well, it's probably just the ol' American xenophobia acting up again. I see time and again when I read articles/blogs on Big Soccer - they hate us not for what we do (though the fact that we upped the bar for everyone exposing other fans as lousy or nonexistent infuriates them - they believe the US should be the best at everything) but for what we are.

Need I go on? This "text" (I refuse to call it an article) is pretty damn presumptuous. Especially the part where he questions why Canada has an MLS team when he himself knows very little (read, used to not care about the sport).

And then Americans wonder why the world has it in for them! They then usually rationalize it by saying people are simply jealous of them. I have nothing against New England, the Revolution or its fans (in fact, I'm also a fan of the Red Sox), but a TFC win against New England would be beautiful in shutting him up.

Darlofletch
07-28-2009, 01:27 PM
A league of our own. wasn't that the original mls marketing slogan? Some people think that means a Canadian city shouldn't be included. Don't agree, but i can see their point.

TFC Via Buffalo
07-28-2009, 01:29 PM

Because even the most ignorant among us are allowed computers.

yellowfellow
07-28-2009, 01:31 PM
The guy just want a fulltime job. If he gets some attention, he will.

greatwhitenorf
07-28-2009, 01:44 PM
So we just ignore him, give him nothing to take to the boss and say, "Look how good I am at shift disturbing. Hire me."

boban
07-28-2009, 02:01 PM
He does have a point though.
It's an American league and soccer world wide is based on domestic leagues.
Sure we say its great TFC is in it after the fact, but TFC in a Canadian domestic league is something I crave for in the future at some point.

ACSertL
07-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Sure we say its great TFC is in it after the fact, but TFC in a Canadian domestic league is something I crave for in the future at some point.

I agree with your points about a domestic league for Canada. Problem is I don't think that's the point the author was trying to make here.

rocker
07-28-2009, 02:09 PM
this guy's an intern? you mean like Bill Clinton's intern?

boban
07-28-2009, 02:11 PM
I agree with your points about a domestic league for Canada. Problem is I don't think that's the point the author was trying to make here.
Fair enough. But really we don't know it wasn't either. Rather ambiguous either way. Ergo, why make a thread on this either way.

C.Ronaldo
07-28-2009, 02:28 PM

no thanks (unless there is a really large cap, which would never happen)

i dont want another CFL.

Domestic leagues work in other countries with only 1 or 2 large cities because there is no cap, so the big city folk don't get bored with little league like games.
But for that to happen, Toronto /van / montreal would be much too big for smaller teams to compete with.
And then the league would flop.

Toronto is a big time city, and there just aren't enough other big time cities to compete with in Canada.

plus, this isn't the first time domestic leagues allow other teams in.

MartinUtd
07-28-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm loving the comments section on his blog

boban
07-28-2009, 02:49 PM
no thanks (unless there is a really large cap, which would never happen)

i dont want another CFL.

Domestic leagues work in other countries with only 1 or 2 large cities because there is no cap, so the big city folk don't get bored with little league like games.
But for that to happen, Toronto /van / montreal would be much too big for smaller teams to compete with.
And then the league would flop.

Toronto is a big time city, and there just aren't enough other big time cities to compete with in Canada.

plus, this isn't the first time domestic leagues allow other teams in.
No thanks on your points. Can't compare it to CFL or to Europe.
The league would be anchored by those 3 big teams, plus smaller teams to make 10-12 team league. But they wouldn't be too far behind.

manic.street.preacher
07-28-2009, 02:52 PM
that boy should not be aloud to graduate from j-school ... i hadn't even got to the part mentioning tfc and i was banging my head on the keyboard ...

ACSertL
07-28-2009, 02:53 PM
Fair enough. But really we don't know it wasn't either. Rather ambiguous either way. Ergo, why make a thread on this either way.

It just seems that it was a comment derived to elicit responses on the blog as opposed to being anywhere near thought provoking. Funny thing is if there wasn't a thread about it I wouldn't have read the article :).

zeelaw
07-28-2009, 03:01 PM
This guy obviously never covers the league, that or he just doesn't understand it because he's not watching the league.

Dirk Diggler
07-28-2009, 03:21 PM
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to get pissed at what an intern has to say about our team. Seriously guys ... move on.

Hooligan69
07-28-2009, 03:22 PM

No need to hate them. Laugh at them instead.

Who really cares about this intern's opinion?

bdiddy
07-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Why do we keep getting upset over interns that really don't have a future anyways. By writing these articles they get more people going and viewing these articles and upping his numbers creating controversy.

So in theory, us being mad and caring about one silly person writing some insignificant rabble on a blog probably very few people even care about... is somehow making him more legitimate.

So why do we care what some dude in New England things about our legitimacy...we show it in the stands, we show it on the pitch and we show it by ignoring stupid articles that really arn't worth the time reading...

"I think New England is great because they won a game. And i'm an expert because i've been to two games. They also won a game against the league's best. Canada sucks. I'm a great writer, please support me!"

Diddy

TFC07
07-28-2009, 03:46 PM

Same here.

To truly grow the game in Canada, we need our own league.

BTW after NHL, CFL is most popular professional league in Canada. Their TV ratings are very high (they get close to 500K per game while Grey Cup gets around close to couple million viewers).

Brooker
07-28-2009, 07:08 PM
ahhh the New England Revolution.... biggest choke artists in MLS history.... i forgot about them.

I like the fact that he doesn't even mention the fact that NER thankfully have many games in hand and can catch up easily, or the other end of the spectrum, the fact that TFC spanked them last time they played at BMO Field.

obviously this guy doesn't really follow "his team" at all.

Bobo
07-28-2009, 07:28 PM
Cue the "Pat DeCola made famous" banner? Do the guy a favour being Canadian...

Chewy Unikronik
07-28-2009, 07:37 PM
Why does Canada not have it's own league... Geo...Graphy...

Our country alone is the size of Europe. Even Ontario is larger than European countries.

As much as I would love this, it would NEVER be the same. The GTA alone could be it's own country and would deserve it's own league.

TFC07
07-28-2009, 10:32 PM
Why does Canada not have it's own league... Geo...Graphy...

Our country alone is the size of Europe. Even Ontario is larger than European countries.

As much as I would love this, it would NEVER be the same. The GTA alone could be it's own country and would deserve it's own league.

Well a lot of Canadians don't consider GTA an Canadian city anyway.

Bwt, GTA already has their own league (CSL).

jloome
07-28-2009, 11:44 PM
who's Pat DeCola?

Exactly

Mikey
07-29-2009, 08:29 AM
America....Canada's haemorrhoid.

prizby
07-29-2009, 09:15 AM
lol Pat DeCola said "Everybody, everybody, calm down. It’s just merely a bit of playful humor going into the match."

Cas87
07-29-2009, 10:57 AM
http://baseball.dailyskew.com/uploaded_images/Pedro-Martinez-700138.jpg

Who is Karim Garcia ... urrr .... I mean Pat DeCola?