PDA

View Full Version : Philly to cap season ticket at 15,000 (sold 9,000+ so far)

Dust2
07-28-2009, 08:51 AM
According to Dills.....http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18287949&postcount=64

They announced, during the Gold Cup game, that something like 9k+ season tickets have been sold to-date. And according to Mike Quarino, they are capping season ticket sales at 15k.Stadium capacity is 18,500. The Supporter Section is about 2,000 strong and reserved solely for the supporter group Sons of Ben. You have to have membership in Sons of Bens to get tickets there. Having a section exclusively for those that want to sing/chant will make for great atmosphere especially if it is 2000 strong.

rocker
07-28-2009, 09:04 AM
i think they'll end up filling that no prob and then have to expand in a few years.
Sons of Ben is already larger than 2000 I think, so the supporters section is already full.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-28-2009, 09:09 AM
i think they'll end up filling that no prob and then have to expand in a few years.
Sons of Ben is already larger than 2000 I think, so the supporters section is already full.

Should be an amazing site to see!.....WE'll never have a supporter section like that ....unless they put seating in the NORTHEND.The tickets are distributed by the supporter groups..and of course!!!..everyone is willing to move there! :)

Dust2
07-28-2009, 09:14 AM
From their club website

The Supporters Section will be filled with passionate soccer fans whose purpose will be to create an intimidating atmosphere for the opposition while cheering the team on to victory. In order to have access to seats in this area you are required to be a registered member of a Philadelphia Union supporters club. This section will stand, sing, and chant for all 90 minutes of the match. Please take this into consideration before choosing seats in this section.Benefits for the Sons of Ben Supporter Group:

1. Supporter groups get their own 2,000 seats section which they will control, separate from other sections.
2. Supporter groups get their own entrance on the North East side of the stadium.
3. Supporter groups get $125 discount on their season tickets.
4. Supporter groups representatives can hold dialogue with the team's front office when the need arise.

More MLS teams need to follow Philly example of setting up a Supporter Section, exclusively for supporters.

Parkdale
07-28-2009, 09:18 AM
Benefits for the Sons of Ben Supporter Group:

3. Supporter groups get $125 discount on their season tickets.
4. Supporter groups representatives can hold dialogue with the team's front office when the need arise.

$125 descount? I wonder how much they are to begin with, and if that's a one time offer to get people in.

dupont
07-28-2009, 09:18 AM
I'm almost positive TFC would have been organized like this if they could go back in time and re-do it. Now it is too late because too many non-supporters have seats and want to stay put. Every year it gets easier to launch a new franchise because you can just look at the blueprints laid out by the last team to join the league and then just copy it and add slight improvements.

Should be a good atmosphere in Philly, that's for sure.

Dust2
07-28-2009, 09:19 AM
http://philadelphiaunion.com/uploads/Seating_chart.jpg

The $125 discount is taken when comparing the other endline ($400) with the endline of the Supporters Section ($275).

http://www.mlsphilly2010.com/images/mls/stadium_designs/medium/stadium_waterside.jpg
The roof would be better served if it's over the Supporters Section in my opinion. It would improve the atmosphere tremendously.

Parkdale
07-28-2009, 09:20 AM
thing is... TFC didn't know that all these supporters would show up.
It was a bigger gamble for them. The Sons of Ben are very well organized
and the team hasn't even started playing. The TFC supporters groups
existed well before the first game, but not in numbers like that.

http://www.philadelphiaunion.com/uploads/image__seatingChart_sbs.jpg

^ comparable prices to our stadium, just in USD$

Dust2
07-28-2009, 09:22 AM
I'm almost positive TFC would have been organized like this if they could go back in time and re-do it. Now it is too late because too many non-supporters have seats and want to stay put. Every year it gets easier to launch a new franchise because you can just look at the blueprints laid out by the last team to join the league and then just copy it and add slight improvements.

Too bad Seattle didn't learn from TFC 'mistake' in this regard. In the sections that Seattle supporters (ECS) choose to stand, there are many casual/ family type crowds. These fans do not want to sing and chant and they probably want to move to quieter sections. Hopefully, Seattle front office can make that happen and allow these fans to move out and those that want to sing/chant to move in. The atmosphere would be so much better if it's 100% full of supporters (instead of 70% supporters 30% non-supporters).

Roogsy
07-28-2009, 09:23 AM

When you're a pioneer in the league, unfortunately the problem is that you can't learn the lessons from others because they've never tried it.

What TFC was show the other teams the way, and now they've improved on it.

The plain truth is that the league and the new teams owe a debt of gratitude to TFC as well as Toronto supporters for showing the way. The league wouldn't be imprving this way if it weren't for the passion of the Toronto supporters or the vision of the TFC front office.

Unfortunately, when you're the first, you usually don't do it better than everyone else simply because they get to learn from your mistakes. I hope one of the goals of TFC is to improve on this whenever the stadium expands.

rocker
07-28-2009, 09:54 AM
ya, TFC was definitely a pioneer.. I mean, wasn't the south end characterized on the seating chart as a supporter section even before the first season? I forget now.

I followed the naming in 2006, the Brennan signing, the opening up of season's tickets, and I don't ever remember anyone talking on the RPB board about how they should hand the ticket rights over the supporter groups to ensure the casual fan stays out or scalpers don't get in. Nobody even conceived of such an idea...... I don't think anyone would have until the first games were played anyways, since it was only seen as an issue once TFC got popular.
No other team in MLS ever had such a situation as precedent for TFC to consider, and the supporters groups were not big or established or legitimate enough to concede a whole section into their hands a year before the team played its first match.

BallardSounder
07-28-2009, 10:22 AM
It is frustrating that, while SSFC studied and copied much from TFC, they didn't figure out the supporters group thing as well as Philadelphia seems to have.

Philly also has an advantage over TFC and SSFC in that, I think, they've only got the Sons of Ben, whereas we've got multiple groups.

flatpicker
07-28-2009, 10:26 AM
new teams are really getting it right.

I think Toronto did the best they could at the time.

But now things have become very disorganized in regards to supporter sections.

The set-up at BMO right now needs to change.

Having supporter sections here and there is not the most productive situation.

I really see the only solution being a new North End Supporter Section.

All season ticket holding supporter group members would move into it.

All "supporter" perks would then be removed from the current sections.

I would be surprised if TFC does not do this at some point soon.

It's in everybody's best interest to make it happen.

It's best for supporters, sit down fans, soccer mom's, kids, and the atmosphere at BMO (which translates into more promotion and dollars for TFC)

JonO
07-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Midfield tickets are still about $400 cheaper per season ticket (without including exchange rate). I actually find TFC prices comparable to other stadiums at the low end but higher at the high end. Go figure...

TFC247
07-28-2009, 11:18 AM
When you're a pioneer in the league, unfortunately the problem is that you can't learn the lessons from others because they've never tried it.

Bit of a stretch isn't it?

SOB founder and his buddies are former Screaming Eagles, which explains alot of similarities by both Union and DC supporters right down to their ticket control. So, if anything, the credit should be given to DC fans don't you think? Fact is, when it comes to SG, the standard has been set by DC supporters for more than a decade, yet it's such a foreign concept to rest of the fans in the league for whatever reason. Even in Seattle, I'll give props to their overall fanbase, but their supporter group still has a long way to go to match DC. I'll even rank Timbers Army ahead right now of ECS or whatever they got there in Seattle.

cmonyoureds
07-28-2009, 04:41 PM
+1 on the comments about the screaming eagles. for my money they still set the standard on a lot of things. to have done what they have with no "blueprint" is truly phenomenal.

Anyone know where the visiting support in Philly is supposed to go? It's never too early to start planning!

Yohan
07-28-2009, 04:56 PM
new teams are really getting it right.

I think Toronto did the best they could at the time.

But now things have become very disorganized in regards to supporter sections.

The set-up at BMO right now needs to change.

Having supporter sections here and there is not the most productive situation.

I really see the only solution being a new North End Supporter Section.

All season ticket holding supporter group members would move into it.

All "supporter" perks would then be removed from the current sections.

I would be surprised if TFC does not do this at some point soon.

It's in everybody's best interest to make it happen.

It's best for supporters, sit down fans, soccer mom's, kids, and the atmosphere at BMO (which translates into more promotion and dollars for TFC)
I'd also say open 127, 126 as 'supporter sections' so that we have room to expand if necessary (after this North End Supporter section)

though I'd imagine quite a few people in current supporter's sections actually like standing, and belong to no SG and don't want to move from their seats

hah. there is no ideal solution to this problem

prizby
07-28-2009, 04:58 PM
The only way we will ever have an organized supporters...is ONE supporter group

i like what flatpicker said...maybe TFC will work to that one day, it makes it a lot easier to "police" as well

the advantages for them if there was 1 supporter group, like take RPB for example, we don't do (really) stupid things...so they know we are self policed, in 1 section, with concequences in the group itself should we misbehave

it would be interesting!

Dust2
07-28-2009, 08:07 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=663507&sec=mls&root=mls&cc=5901

He can only hope that the product on the field is just as special. The season-ticket number for Philadelphia currently stands at over 9,200 fans, ensuring that the new stadium will be brimming with energy as more than half of the capacity is already presold.

9200 awsome

Dust2
07-31-2009, 01:02 AM
FYI: the 2000 seats section has been sold out and according to Z010 on Bigsoccer, their membership is over 4800:

To the poster who said, what if SoB doesn't fill the section, our membership right now is 4,800+ and people are very concerned going into seat selection that they aren't going to be in The River End. To the person with the question about the legality, all recognized supporters clubs of 150 or more members who are in good standing with the team are eligible to purchase, but the order of registry with the team, I believe, allows the more established groups to take as much space as they need. The relationship is symbiotic, the team wouldn't be here without a lot of the things we did.

Our goal obviously is to fill all 7 sections with singing fans. Fortunately our Gold Cup experience has interested more fans. For many of the 31,000 in attendance that day it was the first time they had seen a supporters section in Philadelphia, and some of the people that were in it had no idea what they were signing up for. Those that didn't like it will hopefully be in another section come 2010.

Supporters Section will encompass 7 sections (134-140).

p.s. The benefit of having a Supporters Section filled only with supporters is demonstrated by this J-2 team. They are just one among many J-league supporter groups and among the 'small' size. The biggest is Urawa Reds Supporters who numbered at least 10,000 for each game. Averaging 45,000+ help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3vmdImCxx0&

kodiakTFC
07-31-2009, 01:10 AM
I was honestly VERY skeptical about the choice of Philly but I guess I was proven wrong. Good. Hopefully they get 18.5k a game and become of the more interesting markets! Go Philly (Flyers and Phillies still suck).

boban
07-31-2009, 06:33 AM
FYI: the 2000 seats section has been sold out and according to Z010 on Bigsoccer, their membership is over 4800:
I'm not totally sold on that number.
First, it says its mostly unpaid for without the team ever playing a single game. How many are these disguised at scalpers just wanting to get into the section?

Dust2
08-22-2009, 01:51 AM
http://www.mlsphilly2010.com/images/mls/stadium_designs/medium/stadium_waterside.jpg
Capacity: 18,500
Season ticket cap: 15,000
Season tickets sold so far: 9,500

Distance from downtown Philadelphia: 21.6 miles
Travel time: 30 minutes (according to Google Map)

1,447,395 (city pop)
5,838,471 (metro pop)

Stadium construction pictures (update weekly....with a webcam soon)
http://www.facebook.com/philadelphiaunion

mlsintoronto
08-22-2009, 08:03 AM
I'm open to the discussion on "only members" in a given section but there are a number of complications that arise due to the fact that we're sold out.

But keep talking... I'm listening. Bear in mind that at some point this discussion will move offline and our legal people will chime in. Here are some challenges that are worrysome because any TFC policy could ne considered precedent-setting for our other teams.

1- how do we retain control? After the issues with ticketing we've endured it will be difficult for us to completely relinquish control. Which would mean some sort of partnership with the club. Is RPB or one of the others prepared to meet us half way? A pair of Leafs season tickets can carry a street value of over $100k in the licence transfer world. Is TFC worth a tenth of that?

2- what makes a supporter? Paying a $25 fee? Some other measure? How do we resolve that with our waiting list? It's not a stretch to see someone just paying the fee to jump the line. Is that fair? I DEFINITELY see the benefit of having a full area of like-minded supporters taking what you guys do today and magnifying it. Would the RPB rules/standards stand up to the Ontario human rights rules? Can you refuse membership, and therefore access to tickets in a public building based on an individuals desire to chant and sing and make banners? It may seem a stretch but people love to challenge things like this.

Uh oh. More free market research. I feel so dirty. :)

CoachGT
08-22-2009, 08:11 AM
Good questions, some of which we as a group have already struggled with.

MG42
08-22-2009, 08:17 AM

Supporters Section will encompass 7 sections (134-140).

p.s. The benefit of having a Supporters Section filled only with supporters is demonstrated by this J-2 team. They are just one among many J-league supporter groups and among the 'small' size. The biggest is Urawa Reds Supporters who numbered at least 10,000 for each game. Averaging 45,000+ help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3vmdImCxx0&

They even do a Ramones chant in there!

Oldtimer
08-22-2009, 08:37 AM
I followed the naming in 2006, the Brennan signing, the opening up of season's tickets, and I don't ever remember anyone talking on the RPB board about how they should hand the ticket rights over the supporter groups to ensure the casual fan stays out or scalpers don't get in. Nobody even conceived of such an idea......

I remember that we doubted we could fill all of 112, so there were discussions about whether we should pick the front or the back of 112.

So given that even we didn't see what was going to happen, I don't blame TFC at all.

As far as Paul's suggestion about meeting "halfway," it sounds like an open invitation for Jack and the rest of the leadership to open discussions with Paul, which is great. I would think that the sort of things that would need to be discussed would be best done offline, however, maybe with input from the members.

TorCanSoc
08-22-2009, 08:47 AM
RPB, U-Sector, etc... to pay an equity position for the seats? That sounds nuts. Has RPB brass considered the work involved in this? We're a bunch of soccer crazies, not ticketing agents.

SvenFlu
08-23-2009, 04:18 PM
I'm open to the discussion on "only members" in a given section but there are a number of complications that arise due to the fact that we're sold out.

But keep talking... I'm listening. Bear in mind that at some point this discussion will move offline and our legal people will chime in. Here are some challenges that are worrysome because any TFC policy could ne considered precedent-setting for our other teams.

1- how do we retain control? After the issues with ticketing we've endured it will be difficult for us to completely relinquish control. Which would mean some sort of partnership with the club. Is RPB or one of the others prepared to meet us half way? A pair of Leafs season tickets can carry a street value of over $100k in the licence transfer world. Is TFC worth a tenth of that?

2- what makes a supporter? Paying a $25 fee? Some other measure? How do we resolve that with our waiting list? It's not a stretch to see someone just paying the fee to jump the line. Is that fair? I DEFINITELY see the benefit of having a full area of like-minded supporters taking what you guys do today and magnifying it. Would the RPB rules/standards stand up to the Ontario human rights rules? Can you refuse membership, and therefore access to tickets in a public building based on an individuals desire to chant and sing and make banners? It may seem a stretch but people love to challenge things like this.

I think this is stupid idea. Who cares if DC or Philly does it.
Supporters groups should not have control of their own section. It's creates so many liabilitiy issues, I don't even know where to begin.

mlsintoronto
08-24-2009, 07:51 AM
Supporters groups should not have control of their own section. It's creates so many liabilitiy issues, I don't even know where to begin.

I don't think its a stupid idea but I do think we'll discuss a lot, and end up where we are today...which is not that bad. And you're right about liability issues.

olegunnar
08-24-2009, 08:21 AM

I'll preface my comment by saying I don't believe a supporters controlled section is appropriate at this time.

That said, I'm not sure why you're posing these questions since you already give control to soccer clubs, what makes them any different from supporter's groups? The average household income of the membership?

Lets take The Oakville Soccer club for instance. Not picking on them, just using them since they are such an obvious example.

1. Every year they have control over the majority of 126, and have tickets to other sections which vary from game to game.
2. They advertise on their website that they have these tickets to sell, but only to members. The orderform (yes they even have an order form) requires a membership number.

I'm not quite sure how that situation would be any different that having supporters sell tickets to their sections.

I can turn around and repeat the questions you posed, but substitute the OSC rather than RPB.

What makes an Oakville soccer club member? A membership fee? How do you resolve that with your waiting list? Can they refuse membership, therefore access to tickets in a public building, just because you dont' live in oakville or have a kid playing in their house league? How do their rules stand up to Ontario Human Rights rules? Since people like to challenge things like that how many people have challenged the OSC's control over most of 126?

boban
08-24-2009, 08:22 AM
And Dc and Philly didn't address their liability issues?
A way can be found. But the fear of the legal issues is whats wrong with a lot of this part of the world. But I digress.

BBBulldog
08-24-2009, 11:05 AM
I'm not totally sold on that number.
First, it says its mostly unpaid for without the team ever playing a single game. How many are these disguised at scalpers just wanting to get into the section?

it's number of people that gave their email for email list.

Each to their own :) Barra controls tickets to 7 sections in RFK, I don't see how that's different liability than ticketmaster lol it just means we can set price, get cut, refuse tickets etc. It has nothing to do with security and what not, that control is unofficial :D

Kaz
08-24-2009, 03:54 PM
I'd love to see TFC fix this at BMO make SS ticket holders that aren't members of a Supporter Group move to 111 or 119 and remove 110,111,119 from the supports list. That will allow supporters in those sections to move to the south stands, and then make the gate at 115 a supports gate (if it isn't already).

There are 14,000 on a waiting list, if it pisses off warm weather fans with SS who cares.

Good on Philly if Seattle, Philly, Portland, and Vancouver can all maintain 80-105% capacity along with Toronto it will be great for the league.

Dust2
08-25-2009, 01:23 AM
Here's BHTC Mike suggestion on bigsoccer and I think it's a very good one. Hence, the copy and paste.
http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1143406&page=2
Should Toronto set aside a Supporters Section solely for supporters (similar to Philadelphia)?

Originally Posted by BHTC Mike
This is just about finding a way to allow the people who want to do organized cheering to sit together WITHOUT INCONVENIENCING ANYONE ELSE WHO EITHER HAS TICKETS OR IS ON THE LIST.

I outlined a way it could be done in a completely fair way on page 2. Not to be overly snarky but next time read the thread before you post.

Here it is again:

Step 1 - TFC FO management asks each recognized supporters group's leadership (and it's entirely TFC's perogative what that means; they already have a working relationship with these people and know who they are) for a list of members along with their account ID's if they're existing season seat holders.

Step 2 - Based on this membership list TFC allots different proportions of a new North Stand to each group.

Step 3 - TFC starts contacting group members (identified by the membership lists) who are EXISTING SEASON SEAT HOLDERS, in order of season seat purchase, about whether they would like to move some or all of their seats to the new stand. I would suggest that group members wouldn't get to "choose" seats in the new end they'd just be assigned the next open seat in the group they're registered with. If they don't like that, tough, they can stay in their existing seats.

Step 4 - TFC's traditional seat re-allocation process happens for every area of the stadium EXCEPT the supporters group areas. Many existing seat holders in non-designated Supporters Sections would actually have the chance, because of the seats vacated by supporters group members moving to the new North stand, to get into 111 - 119 for the first time if they wish.

Step 5 - TFC starts contacting people on the waiting list, in order, about buying open seats. If the person is on a supporters group membership list they can get a seat in the section for that supporters group (if there are any still available). If the person is not, they can get a seat anywhere else in the stadium (including the many seats that would likely open in the South). If season seats sell out before the designated group areas do, unlikely but not impossible, then TFC management shuffles the groups to condense them to as small an area as possible in the centre of the stand - and members can't say no to having their seat moved - leaving the "wings" of the stand open for partial packs and single ticket sales with no restriction on who can purchase them.

In future years, during the annual relocation process, as seats open in the supporters groups' sections only registered members, who would already have season seats btw, would be eligible to move in. Same thing with moving anyone in off the waiting list.

NO ONE gets forced to move out of their current seat.

NO ONE gets denied the chance to buy a ticket because they're not a supporters group member.

NO ONE gets jumped in line by supporters group members without seats as they open up.

TFC retains 100% control over ticket distribution and can take away the groups rights at any point if the system isn't working.

The groups get to be together in one spot (if their members want to be there).

The only thing that could go wrong is the groups not actually being for it because of a preference to remain where they already are either as a group or as individuals. Regardless, this is imminently workable if there is a will to do it.

dcdcdc
08-25-2009, 05:55 AM
some of you gotta get paste your sense of entitlement. There are people on the waiting list for 3 years, respect it. I can see this happening now with every new section

Helmet
08-25-2009, 09:13 AM
I'd love to see TFC fix this at BMO make SS ticket holders that aren't members of a Supporter Group move to 111 or 119 and remove 110,111,119 from the supports list. That will allow supporters in those sections to move to the south stands, and then make the gate at 115 a supports gate (if it isn't already).

As one of many who sit in upper 110, it would be a shame to remove the supporter specification that has been granted.

The section may not be the loudest and the singing runs in relation to the time of day. Evening games (especially wet/cold ones) bring out the best in the area. People there have put in the effort to earn the right to stand and enjoy the match in their own way which we have been doing since the first match.

No one should be forced to do anything. The creation of a supporters only section (which I am in support of) should not result in the destruction of what is already available.

brad
08-25-2009, 09:44 AM
I'll preface my comment by saying I don't believe a supporters controlled section is appropriate at this time.

That said, I'm not sure why you're posing these questions since you already give control to soccer clubs, what makes them any different from supporter's groups? The average household income of the membership?

Lets take The Oakville Soccer club for instance. Not picking on them, just using them since they are such an obvious example.

1. Every year they have control over the majority of 126, and have tickets to other sections which vary from game to game.
2. They advertise on their website that they have these tickets to sell, but only to members. The orderform (yes they even have an order form) requires a membership number.

I'm not quite sure how that situation would be any different that having supporters sell tickets to their sections.

I can turn around and repeat the questions you posed, but substitute the OSC rather than RPB.

What makes an Oakville soccer club member? A membership fee? How do you resolve that with your waiting list? Can they refuse membership, therefore access to tickets in a public building, just because you dont' live in oakville or have a kid playing in their house league? How do their rules stand up to Ontario Human Rights rules? Since people like to challenge things like that how many people have challenged the OSC's control over most of 126?

If the Oakville soccer club pre-purchased blocks of tickets and are re-selling them to members (within the confines of the ticket agreement and the law), that would be the difference. I don't know if this is the case.

TFCRegina
08-26-2009, 12:51 PM
I'm proud of philly and hope they sell it out. We need a real rival. Craplumbus is balls.

prizby
08-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Here's BHTC Mike suggestion on bigsoccer and I think it's a very good one. Hence, the copy and paste.
http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1143406&page=2
Should Toronto set aside a Supporters Section solely for supporters (similar to Philadelphia)?

Originally Posted by BHTC Mike
This is just about finding a way to allow the people who want to do organized cheering to sit together WITHOUT INCONVENIENCING ANYONE ELSE WHO EITHER HAS TICKETS OR IS ON THE LIST.

I outlined a way it could be done in a completely fair way on page 2. Not to be overly snarky but next time read the thread before you post.

Here it is again:

Step 1 - TFC FO management asks each recognized supporters group's leadership (and it's entirely TFC's perogative what that means; they already have a working relationship with these people and know who they are) for a list of members along with their account ID's if they're existing season seat holders.

Step 2 - Based on this membership list TFC allots different proportions of a new North Stand to each group.

Step 3 - TFC starts contacting group members (identified by the membership lists) who are EXISTING SEASON SEAT HOLDERS, in order of season seat purchase, about whether they would like to move some or all of their seats to the new stand. I would suggest that group members wouldn't get to "choose" seats in the new end they'd just be assigned the next open seat in the group they're registered with. If they don't like that, tough, they can stay in their existing seats.

Step 4 - TFC's traditional seat re-allocation process happens for every area of the stadium EXCEPT the supporters group areas. Many existing seat holders in non-designated Supporters Sections would actually have the chance, because of the seats vacated by supporters group members moving to the new North stand, to get into 111 - 119 for the first time if they wish.

Step 5 - TFC starts contacting people on the waiting list, in order, about buying open seats. If the person is on a supporters group membership list they can get a seat in the section for that supporters group (if there are any still available). If the person is not, they can get a seat anywhere else in the stadium (including the many seats that would likely open in the South). If season seats sell out before the designated group areas do, unlikely but not impossible, then TFC management shuffles the groups to condense them to as small an area as possible in the centre of the stand - and members can't say no to having their seat moved - leaving the "wings" of the stand open for partial packs and single ticket sales with no restriction on who can purchase them.

In future years, during the annual relocation process, as seats open in the supporters groups' sections only registered members, who would already have season seats btw, would be eligible to move in. Same thing with moving anyone in off the waiting list.

NO ONE gets forced to move out of their current seat.

NO ONE gets denied the chance to buy a ticket because they're not a supporters group member.

NO ONE gets jumped in line by supporters group members without seats as they open up.

TFC retains 100% control over ticket distribution and can take away the groups rights at any point if the system isn't working.

The groups get to be together in one spot (if their members want to be there).

The only thing that could go wrong is the groups not actually being for it because of a preference to remain where they already are either as a group or as individuals. Regardless, this is imminently workable if there is a will to do it.

2 problems, the new north section, if there is no line to jump, what happens when there are no more seats available elsewhere except the north side and the next person in line is someone who wants a seat and is not a die hard supporter

what happens when half the people in 112 wanna stay, then the noise gets worse as you split the stadium!

pekduck
08-26-2009, 02:51 PM
hmmm got myself an Union season ticket.... lol

Dust2
08-28-2009, 06:08 AM
2 problems, the new north section, if there is no line to jump, what happens when there are no more seats available elsewhere except the north side and the next person in line is someone who wants a seat and is not a die hard supporter

From BHTC Mike:

what happens when half the people in 112 wanna stay, then the noise gets worse as you split the stadium!Most want to move. If the poll was worded differently, it would get even more YES votes. For example, would you consider tickets for a "members only" Supporters Section in the North End Stand? especially when this Supporters Section is set aside mainly for like minded supporters.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=15958
Would you consider tickets for a North End Stand?
Yes - I would move my existing seat or buy a new seat in the North Stand http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/polls/bar2-l.gifhttp://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/polls/bar2.gifhttp://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/polls/bar2-r.gifhttp://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/clear.gif 128 59.53%
No - I'm happy where I am at the moment http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/polls/bar3-l.gifhttp://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/polls/bar3.gifhttp://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/polls/bar3-r.gifhttp://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/clear.gif 44 20.47%
Maybe - I'd have to see the finished seating arrangement http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/polls/bar4-l.gifhttp://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/polls/bar4.gifhttp://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/polls/bar4-r.gifhttp://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/clear.gif 43 20.00%

Pookie
08-28-2009, 06:55 AM
Most want to move. If the poll was worded differently, it would get even more YES votes. For example, would you consider tickets for a "members only" Supporters Section in the North End Stand? especially when this Supporters Section is set aside mainly for like minded supporters.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=15958
Would you consider tickets for a North End Stand?
Yes - I would move my existing seat or buy a new seat in the North Stand http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/polls/bar2-l.gifhttp://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/polls/bar2.gifhttp://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/polls/bar2-r.gifhttp://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/clear.gif 128 59.53%
No - I'm happy where I am at the moment http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/polls/bar3-l.gifhttp://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/polls/bar3.gifhttp://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/polls/bar3-r.gifhttp://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/clear.gif 44 20.47%
Maybe - I'd have to see the finished seating arrangement http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/polls/bar4-l.gifhttp://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/polls/bar4.gifhttp://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/polls/bar4-r.gifhttp://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/clear.gif 43 20.00%

Geez, I guess we are looking at scientific evidence right there.

I mean, 128 people want to move so we must conclude that "most want to move." I can't recall the exact size of this SG but even if that 128 figure is only 5% of the total membership, we can basically ignore that. After all, this is a poll. You can't dispute the results of the poll.

Further, there is no need to consider where those 128 are considering moving from. Ie. someone in the top of 221 with the bugs might want to move anywhere. It's true that you aren't necessarily showing that 128 people will vacate 112 and move to a new north stand. But again, this is a poll so no need to address that.

Lastly, if there are 1,500 seats in the new north stand and 128 people want to move to it... who is going to sit in the other 1,392 seats? Maybe some of the same "casuals" and "tourists" that current choose to "sit" in the south end for the price. Ah, why bother considering that though. This glorious poll has concluded beyond a shadown of a doubt that "People want to move!"

Git 'r done.

Dust2
09-03-2009, 03:51 AM
Geez, I guess we are looking at scientific evidence right there.

I mean, 128 people want to move so we must conclude that "most want to move." I can't recall the exact size of this SG but even if that 128 figure is only 5% of the total membership, we can basically ignore that. After all, this is a poll. You can't dispute the results of the poll.

Further, there is no need to consider where those 128 are considering moving from. Ie. someone in the top of 221 with the bugs might want to move anywhere. It's true that you aren't necessarily showing that 128 people will vacate 112 and move to a new north stand. But again, this is a poll so no need to address that.

Lastly, if there are 1,500 seats in the new north stand and 128 people want to move to it... who is going to sit in the other 1,392 seats? Maybe some of the same "casuals" and "tourists" that current choose to "sit" in the south end for the price. Ah, why bother considering that though. This glorious poll has concluded beyond a shadown of a doubt that "People want to move!"

Git 'r done.

215 votes total in that poll that is now closed. If they make a survey and got all supporters to vote if they like to stand in a Supporters Section with like-minded supporters, I'm sure the result will be similar.