PDA

View Full Version : How about TFC doing a cross-Canada tour?

kevinrempel
07-27-2009, 05:50 PM
Is there anyway that TFC can do a tour of our beautiful country playing some exhibition games or doing some clinics? TFC is Canada's team and I do not think that it would hurt. I would have rather seen TFC play here in Edmonton rather than some other international teams. At least we would have someone to cheer for as Edmonton is usually a pro-Canada crowd and TFC is Canadian. Long live Canadian Soccer and especially TFC.
Kevin

Yeoman
07-27-2009, 05:54 PM
but what if guys get hurt?!?

zeelaw
07-27-2009, 06:13 PM
http://www.thesubsbench.ca/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/tfcontourrpbwindsor.jpg
TFC on tour bitches

thisisinternetclash
07-27-2009, 06:44 PM
You're in Windsor?

gtaguy
07-27-2009, 06:48 PM
guys get hurt on friendlies nonetheless.. look at serioux against riverplate. I think this would raise the level of exposure to footy more in canada then simple international friendlies that we all hate here in toronto..
Im all for the exposure and the continuing success of soccer in canada.. .... maybe in this way smaller sized canadian cities would want to pickup USL clubs which im all in for..
Great ass idea kevin

ochos
07-27-2009, 07:09 PM
great idea. We need exposure, like the big clubs do when going around the world. It's a great way to gain fans, talent.. it's a win-win.

Dub Narcotic
07-27-2009, 08:05 PM
They could scrimmage against CIS teams in the pre-season, every reasonably sized town in Canada has one.

cy43
07-27-2009, 08:17 PM
I challenge them to a game vs. my club in Halifax

Shakes McQueen
07-27-2009, 08:26 PM
I think this would be a fantastic idea. No idea when you would do it though, since the MLS season runs through most of the non-snow months.

- Scott

AdamZ
07-28-2009, 11:27 AM
This really should replace the sort of pre-season we have been playing.

mlsintoronto
07-28-2009, 11:36 AM
This really should replace the sort of pre-season we have been playing.

So play in Halifax or winnipeg in Feb or March?

Kevvv
07-28-2009, 11:42 AM
I want to hear you break that news to Guevara

rocker
07-28-2009, 11:44 AM
forget the physical cross canada tour... get Vancouver and Montreal in MLS, get shitloads of games on television, and there's your figurative "cross canada tour".

__wowza
07-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Bring Tfc To Nunavut!!

kevinrempel
07-29-2009, 11:17 AM
They do not have to play games but they could do some clinics and PR. As Canada's team it could not hurt to have more people in Canada care for them. I tell the people in Edmonton to drop the T and focus on the FC. It will be nice when Vancouver has a MLS team and then the two can do exhibitions matches all over the country including Nunavut.

Parkdale
07-29-2009, 11:22 AM
they better act fast if they want to lock up the 'Canada's Team' moniker.

http://vancouvermls2011.com/

__wowza
07-29-2009, 11:23 AM
ESPECIALLY Nunavut!

TorCanSoc
07-29-2009, 11:28 AM
I thought Westerners hate Toronto. I remember on my honeymoon tour of the West on the subway/train thing in Calgary. Very friendly people, when we asked for help and directions.

"So where are you from?"
"Toronto."
big smile on her face.. "Oh we hate Toronto"..but still helped us a lot.

my only response was "Yeah, lived there all my life, but I hate it too".

anyway.... get an MLS franchise and get yearly visits from the men in red.

Fort York Redcoat
07-29-2009, 11:38 AM
Uh oh Kevin. With the growth of MLS USL will have to replace those teams and how long before you have to choose between Toronto and Edmonton FC?;)

It's great to see the support across the nation.:canada:

__wowza
07-29-2009, 11:45 AM
I thought Westerners hate Toronto. I remember on my honeymoon tour of the West on the subway/train thing in Calgary. Very friendly people, when we asked for help and directions.

"So where are you from?"
"Toronto."
big smile on her face.. "Oh we hate Toronto"..but still helped us a lot.

my only response was "Yeah, lived there all my life, but I hate it too".

anyway.... get an MLS franchise and get yearly visits from the men in red.

i actually think that it would make us the Lesnar of the MLS. people would pay to see the mighty Toronto FC bite the dust. i'd pay to see a team like Toronto FC crush AC Nunavut.