PDA

View Full Version : *** Streamers For Puerto Rico - THE PLAN ***

AL-MO
07-27-2009, 05:21 PM
As many of you saw in the other thread our plan for the streamers hit a snag when we found out the Canadian anthem was not going to be played over the PA system before the game. (CONCACAF rule)

From what we understand the FIFA anthem will be played (or some concacaf knock off) when the players walk out and nothing more.

SINCE they are not going to be playing the anthem, we have decided we'll sing it ourselves. (ala the All Star game last year)

SO....As soon as the FIFA anthem finishes, the Capo in 112 (FluSH) and 113 (Zac) will start O Canada along with the rest of the sections. We will sing it through and then at the end throw our streamers.

AL-MO
07-27-2009, 05:22 PM
Just a few things:

-The people at the front of each section are going to need to throw their streamers UP and not out onto the field. (as much as possible)

This won't be a regular TFC game where a few workers run out onto the field and clean up our mess. The match is controlled by concacaf and nobody are permitted onto the field unless they are told to go out there. It will also add to the 'shower' effect.

-Don't save the streamers

No point in saving streamers for corners. As I said above they won't be cleaned up and will affect the game.

thisisinternetclash
07-27-2009, 05:26 PM
I like it.

rocker
07-27-2009, 06:10 PM
wow, didn't realize all the concacaf control.

T0R0NT0 FC
07-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Let's do it up! :D Love the plan!

drek
07-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Sounds good chief. Maybe get big Jack to fire off an email?

TheKing7
07-27-2009, 06:44 PM
sounds great - itll help get the whole ground behind the boys right from the opening kick

rocktml
07-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Do your best to get the whole stadium singing oh canada.....I'll be in section 222

AL-MO
07-27-2009, 07:14 PM
Sounds good chief. Maybe get big Jack to fire off an email?

Yeah I'll get him to do that.

TheKing7
07-27-2009, 07:19 PM
hopefully security wont run any interference

daner90
07-27-2009, 07:29 PM
wow sounds wicked

Cas87
07-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Any idea if those in the upper deck can throw?
Just wondering because i have no doubt that I will be able to hear the anthem and join in
Just want to know if its a good idea for me to get a bucket load of streamers tmr for wednesday

4evared
07-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Lets repeat the passion of the anthem we sang at the All Star game.
Love It !!!!!

drek
07-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Just wondering because i have no doubt that I will be able to hear the anthem and join in
Just want to know if its a good idea for me to get a bucket load of streamers tmr for wednesday

Last I heard is use at your own risk. They may or may not give you trouble.

Cas87
07-27-2009, 07:38 PM
^^
I really hope they don't give a shit.
because in my opinion if you can throw a streamer straight onto the field from row 15, or higher, in the upper deck you need to try out for the Blue Jays

AL-MO
07-27-2009, 08:34 PM
^^
I really hope they don't give a shit.
because in my opinion if you can throw a streamer straight onto the field from row 15, or higher, in the upper deck you need to try out for the Blue Jays

The issue is that it isn't a supporter section. In talking with the club today, the same rules as league matches will apply(in terms of what is and what isn't a supporter section) so I'd maybe bring a few, but not a whole bag of them.

FluSH
07-27-2009, 08:50 PM
SINCE they are not going to be playing the anthem, we have decided we'll sing it ourselves.

You got this right... They don't want to bring the anthem to us... we will bring the anthem ourselves!!!

Remember... after the FIFA music... we will breakout the Canadian Anthem... it's our Team... our Fortress... our Country.

FluSH
07-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Just a few things:

-The people at the front of each section are going to need to throw their streamers UP and not out onto the field. (as much as possible)

This won't be a regular TFC game where a few workers run out onto the field and clean up our mess. The match is controlled by concacaf and nobody are permitted onto the field unless they are told to go out there. It will also add to the 'shower' effect.

No point in saving streamers for corners. As I said above they won't be cleaned up and will affect the game.

I can't emphasize this enough... DO NOT THROW THE STREAMERS UNTO THE PITCH if you are in the first few rows... you may get kicked out... It's not like season 1 anymore...

AL-MO
07-27-2009, 08:55 PM
This is one time I wish we were FURTHER away from the field! :lol:

james
07-27-2009, 09:04 PM
id say are biggest weakness for a tifo like this is the fact that half the fans dont show up anywhere from the kickoff till like 20 minutes into the first half....so people we really need everyone to try to show up in your seats at least 10-15 minutes before kick off time!!!!!:flare::scarf:

FluSH
07-27-2009, 09:21 PM
REMEMBER

If you are at the top of your section... be it 113 / 111 / 110 / 118... etc it is impirative that you bring a streamer...

The more stremers at the top raining down the better... heck if you want to do a good deed and buy extras for people at the top of you section please do it...

This should be like a firing squad from the top...

and wowza... I truly hope you can get streamers for 220's... that would be awesome!

also SPREAD THE WORD

Wolfe
07-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Upper deck can throw, I have thrown one at the opening whistle and one at each TFC goal for the last 2 years from the top row of 224.

Only been given shit by some punk little cop. (and I say punk little because my 5'9" 185lb frame towered over him)

hamiltonfan
07-27-2009, 09:33 PM
We need all flags/scarves to be raised a good 5-10 seconds before we start the Oh Canada, this will give the rest of the crowd a chance to clue in.

AL-MO
07-27-2009, 09:36 PM
We need all flags/scarves to be raised a good 5-10 seconds before we start the Oh Canada, this will give the rest of the crowd a chance to clue in.

Good suggestion.

Talking with Whoopee....towards the end of us singing the national anthem we should maybe hold up a few streamers(kinda readying them for throwing so people can see what we are about to do)

james
07-27-2009, 09:54 PM

ya sounds good.

flatpicker
07-27-2009, 10:14 PM
I'm sure there will be some late arrivals around me in 111.
So I will be throwing a streamer for any empty seat around me.

I suggest others do so as well!

drek
07-27-2009, 10:45 PM
You know it. Hey flatpicker you doing the flag thing too or no?

heather
07-27-2009, 10:56 PM
great idea!! can't wait :)

Yagbod
07-27-2009, 11:04 PM
I'll try to get 104 into it.

I hope they make 104 a supporter's section one day. I imagine that the visitor parking (seating) will forever nix that, but it is a good crowd.

(3 partial packs and a weakening Visa card)

Daveisonfire
07-27-2009, 11:11 PM
The streamers will not be thrown in unison around the stadium this way because of the sound travel...especially if its a windy day.

TBH I think it will be a write off if we do it after we sing O Canada...

Solution?

Throw streamers at kick-off

Please please consider this....I want to insure this happens in unison.

flatpicker
07-27-2009, 11:14 PM
^ it was discussed, but I think there was some concern about the streamers hitting the pitch during game play.

Daveisonfire
07-27-2009, 11:16 PM
^ it was discussed, but I think there was some concern about the streamers hitting the pitch during game play.

We don't want streamers to hit the pitch regardless, no?

Just a few things:

Whoop
07-27-2009, 11:26 PM
Kickoff was considered. But the kickoff whistle isn't always the loudest and you're relying on the referee. Ideally this idea the capo HAS to have control of the situation.

The streamers packed for 111 and 112 already have stickers for after the Canadian anthem.

It would be awesome if the whole stadium did it but at the moment I think the idea is to concentrate for sections 111-113.

Even if someone decides to start the anthem before the capo the mentality is that everyone else will pick it up and start chiming in.

The pressure is on FLUSH... LOL

Daveisonfire
07-27-2009, 11:35 PM
Kickoff was considered. But the kickoff whistle isn't always the loudest and you're relying on the referee.Ideally this idea the capo HAS to have control of the situation.
Yeah true, I was thinking more the actual first kick of the ball rather than the whistle itself though.

The streamers packed for 111 and 112 already have stickers for after the Canadian anthem.Guess theres no way around that which is unfortunate...

It would be awesome if the whole stadium did it but at the moment I think the idea is to concentrate for sections 111-113.Unfortunate too. I guess I was thinking this would be at least the supporters sections and a few random sections around the stadium doing it in unison with all the people who where chiming in with "ill bring a bag full for 120" etc.

Damn...it looked like the support was there for this project...too bad its going to be limited to the corner.

Whoop
07-27-2009, 11:36 PM
^^
No, no, we're not stopping everyone else... Didn't mean it that way.

Everyone bring streamers!

AL-MO
07-27-2009, 11:38 PM
^^
No, no, we're not stopping everyone else... Didn't mean it that way.

Everyone bring streamers!

Not at all, but that is where the 'stronghold' will be.

Daveisonfire
07-27-2009, 11:50 PM
Oh well I guess I won't plead my case for kick off since its probably already been discussed...I just really hope I get proven wrong because I want this to happen in the worst way...I'd hate to see it flop

Edit: I guess I shouldn't say flop because it won't...I want it to live up to its potential

Whoop
07-28-2009, 12:00 AM
Ideally in a situation like this is for it to happen when the players come out of the tunnel as is the case in most places given that usually national anthems aren't played but again that would come down to timing issues.

bO0fY4xIGq8

MotYuYMDSfA

And we don't want to be seen as copying them, and hopefully do a better job.

N89o9r-bjCg

Daveisonfire
07-28-2009, 12:07 AM
Ideally in a situation like this is for it to happen when the players come out of the tunnel as is the case in most places given that usually national anthems aren't played but again that would come down to timing issues.

After reading this I realized that we want the players to see this aswell...because at the end of it all its us supporting our them.

So doing it at kick off spoils that because they won't be paying attention to whats going on in the stands at that point.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see how it goes then

Mikey
07-28-2009, 07:03 AM
Even when the anthem is sung with music there's a tendency to run ahead in timing.
Capos will need to keep the correct speed as well as starting it off.

BIG arm movements on the beat please......:drum:

SilverSamurai
07-28-2009, 09:02 AM
As many of you saw in the other thread our plan for the streamers hit a snag when we found out the Canadian anthem was not going to be played over the PA system before the game. (CONCACAF rule)

From what we understand the FIFA anthem will be played (or some concacaf knock off) when the players walk out and nothing more.

SINCE they are not going to be playing the anthem, we have decided we'll sing it ourselves. (ala the All Star game last year)

SO....As soon as the FIFA anthem finishes, the Capo in 112 (FluSH) and 113 (Zac) will start O Canada along with the rest of the sections. We will sing it through and then at the end throw our streamers.
WTF? No anthem?
What kind of f*cked up rule is this?! :picard:

Just a few things:

Do we really think no 1 is going to toss stuff at players if we play in Central American countries?
Let's be realistic people...

Anyways I won't start tossing stuff (aka streamers), if those are the rules then so be it.
Hopefully I'll be able to hear you guys in 118...

__wowza
07-28-2009, 09:51 AM
Do your best to get the whole stadium singing oh canada.....I'll be in section 222

great plan, it'll look/sound sick if we can get it loud enough that the rest of the stadium picks it up. that just means that y'all gotta be LOUD (that's a challenge issued) i think we can get the upper deck into it no problem, but for the streamers up here themselves...

HELP WITH THE UPPER DECK PLAN:
i'm worried that i won't be able to bring in all of the streamers (50 - 100) for the game where i'm not going to be sitting in a supporters section. would anyone be able to help me bring a bunch in? you bring em in with you, we meet up after the gate and then i grab them back for distribution to the top shelf. anyone down for helping out? i've been able to bring in actual garbage bags FULL of confetti, but for some reason i think a few hotshots will try and give me shite.

AL-MO
07-28-2009, 10:05 AM
WTF? No anthem?
What kind of f*cked up rule is this?! :picard:

Do they play anthems before UEFA CL games? ;)

FluSH
07-28-2009, 10:47 AM
great plan, it'll look/sound sick if we can get it loud enough that the rest of the stadium picks it up. that just means that y'all gotta be LOUD (that's a challenge issued) i think we can get the upper deck into it no problem, but for the streamers up here themselves...

i'm worried that i won't be able to bring in all of the streamers (50 - 100) for the game where i'm not going to be sitting in a supporters section. would anyone be able to help me bring a bunch in? you bring em in with you, we meet up after the gate and then i grab them back for distribution to the top shelf. anyone down for helping out? i've been able to bring in actual garbage bags FULL of confetti, but for some reason i think a few hotshots will try and give me shite.

I can help... anyone from the banners team can help also I am sure... we will be setting up early... what time will you be there!

FluSH
07-28-2009, 10:49 AM

The pressure is on FLUSH... LOL

I've actually never felt pressure befure until this game... I've been over thinking all the variables that can go wrong/1!!!

hahha

Where is Zack... we need to share the blame if we are off sync :D

TFC Via Buffalo
07-28-2009, 10:51 AM
REMEMBER

If you are at the top of your section... be it 113 / 111 / 110 / 118... etc it is impirative that you bring a streamer...

The more stremers at the top raining down the better... heck if you want to do a good deed and buy extras for people at the top of you section please do it...

This should be like a firing squad from the top...

and wowza... I truly hope you can get streamers for 220's... that would be awesome!

also SPREAD THE WORD

I'm going to try and "make it rain" from top of 110. If the usual guys show up next to me, Ill pass some down to them.

drek
07-28-2009, 10:54 AM
I can help... anyone from the banners team can help also I am sure... we will be setting up early... what time will you be there!

Yep me too, catch me with AL-MO pre-game with the other banner geeks

flatpicker
07-28-2009, 10:58 AM
I've actually never felt pressure befure until this game... I've been over thinking all the variables that can go wrong/1!!!

I'm a little concerned as well.

we just gotta do the best we can!

SilverSamurai
07-28-2009, 11:21 AM
Do they play anthems before UEFA CL games? ;)
Wouldn't know but I would presume they do and/or should.
I don't watch any of the European leagues/games.

FluSH
07-28-2009, 12:00 PM
Did You Buy A Streamer Today?

AL-MO
07-28-2009, 12:04 PM

Well they play the UEFA Champions League anthem instead of the individual country's anthem.

Rudi
07-28-2009, 12:08 PM
The playing of anthems before professional sporting events is a strictly North American phenomenon (and a dumb one at that).

lips
07-28-2009, 12:15 PM

I will be in 222 if you can get them in I can help handing them out.

ecospice
07-28-2009, 12:24 PM
Upper deck can throw, I have thrown one at the opening whistle and one at each TFC goal for the last 2 years from the top row of 224.

Only been given shit by some punk little cop. (and I say punk little because my 5'9" 185lb frame towered over him)

I cannot stand that little cop (guy?).

Cas87
07-28-2009, 12:33 PM

I will be in 222 if you can get them in I can help handing them out.

I'm going to be in 220 if you want to pass some that way. I am also thinking of getting some

Cas87
07-28-2009, 12:34 PM
^^ actually, is there enough people in 220 to do a full section throw?

__wowza
07-28-2009, 12:44 PM
i'm going to be up in 226, but help would be appreciated greatly for the handouts. hopefully getting through the gate shouldnt be tricky. when/where does the banner team meet?

rocktml
07-28-2009, 12:46 PM

I wouldn't mind helping out.......I'm going to the game alone so dont have anyone to help me carry all the streamers. I can help you take in about 25 of those streamers......

Pookie
07-28-2009, 12:57 PM
I'm in 225... we've got a few extra rolls and will pass them out... wowza... if you need help handing yours out just give a wave over...

Al-mo... Not to throw a monkey wrench into the plan to sing Oh Canada but the anthem runs about a minute and a half... think we can get it in between the FIFA anthem and kick off?

AL-MO
07-28-2009, 01:07 PM
I'm in 225... we've got a few extra rolls and will pass them out... wowza... if you need help handing yours out just give a wave over...

Al-mo... Not to throw a monkey wrench into the plan to sing Oh Canada but the anthem runs about a minute and a half... think we can get it in between the FIFA anthem and kick off?

Its not an ideal situation, but we'll go with it. I think the key is to start the anthem as SOON as possible.

Pookie
07-28-2009, 01:20 PM
ok... we'll give it the "Dance Mix" version

CoachGT
07-28-2009, 01:35 PM

I've thrown streamers at many games from 224, not only this year but in prior years. Haven't had an issue yet, but there is always a first time.

Pookie
07-28-2009, 01:39 PM
^ best bet is call BMO Fan Services tomorrow (Wednesday) and ask directly. There is supposedly a meeting today between BMO and CONCACAF Officials to discuss "security issues."

416-263-3512

flatpicker
07-28-2009, 01:52 PM
if we start with holding our scarves when singing the anthem...
then, around the part of "God keep our land", we hold up the streamers to prepare folks for the throwing them at songs end.

?

AL-MO
07-28-2009, 01:54 PM
then, around the part of "God keep our land", we hold up the streamers to prepare folks for the throwing them at songs end.

?

Sounds good.

Yohan
07-28-2009, 01:57 PM
Its not an ideal situation, but we'll go with it. I think the key is to start the anthem as SOON as possible.
i have a feeling that ithe singing is going to be sped up a little... ;)

InDa_110
07-28-2009, 02:15 PM

hahha

Where is Zack... we need to share the blame if we are off sync :D

Just to add to your pressure, those of us in the top half of 110 (including our drummer) that sit on the the side closer to 109 have been playing, chanting, singing off you guys all year! We'll be following your lead tomorrow regarding the anthem + streamers.

tfc2007
07-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Just to make sure... are you sure were allowed to bring in streamers.
This is a CONCAF event.
I remember for the FIFA U21 World Cup you werent allowed streamers.

flatpicker
07-28-2009, 02:35 PM
^ stop stressing us all out! :)

rocktml
07-28-2009, 02:40 PM
They better let us :(

flatpicker
07-28-2009, 02:41 PM
well, AL-MO is in charge of this operation... so if we get stopped at the gate... it's all his fault.

rocker
07-28-2009, 02:53 PM
Somebody bribe Jack Warner to let us have streamers.

tfc2007
07-28-2009, 03:01 PM
well me and my buddies will be in 126.
and we're bringing streamers. this game will be epic. everyone needs to be in full force. lets take it to them hard.

rocktml
07-28-2009, 03:03 PM
Is back backs of streamers over doing it? Or are there other methods of carrying your streamers?

Ageroo
07-28-2009, 03:04 PM
Somebody bribe Jack Warner to let us have streamers.

ha ha.......that would definitely work! He is as shady as it gets....

tfc2007
07-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Is back backs of streamers over doing it? Or are there other methods of carrying your streamers?

yeah whats the best way to get them in??

james
07-28-2009, 03:15 PM
there was a game last year in Champions League i saw flares and shit. In places like Saprissa in Central America falres, streamers and bags of urine have been quite commonly thrown onto the pitch, there fans are 10x crazyer with huge fences and fans climbing up them...i think streamers is very little concern for Concacaf compared to some of the shit teams in Central America throw!

james
07-28-2009, 03:16 PM
yeah whats the best way to get them in??

walk in with them, plasitc bags or something, that what i always carry them in, do they even let back packs in?

:drinking:

__wowza
07-28-2009, 03:38 PM
i'll make a point to leave my bag of urine at home.

mastermixer
07-28-2009, 03:49 PM
walk in with them, plasitc bags or something, that what i always carry them in, do they even let back packs in?

:drinking:

little baggies work for me... that's what I use when I cross the border.

FluSH
07-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Soooooo I don't see many people posting that they got extra streamers for their section (with the exception of high roller wowza) come one people1!! tell me you at least bought 1 streamer!

Pookie
07-28-2009, 03:54 PM
Soooooo I don't see many people posting that they got extra streamers for their section (with the exception of high roller wowza) come one people1!! tell me you at least bought 1 streamer!

I've got a "Newfie Dozen." 4 rolls of red and 4 rolls of white. I think that cleaned out the dollar store here in Barrie.

Dbl_D
07-28-2009, 04:59 PM

?
i like your scarf idea it signals to the rest of the sections to be ready

to make it in unison with other sections if capo with big arm movements signals 1... 2... 3... {then y'all begin singing} oh canada...

we can in other sections visually see the count and try to begin singing at the same time...

Sally Mack
07-28-2009, 06:20 PM
going to the dollar store first thing tomorrow morning. Anyone else sitting in 219 for this one, or am i going to be the only guy hucking streamers, standing out like a sore thumb? hehe

Don't worry, i'll get plenty of streamers for the others around me too ;).

Redpunkfiddle
07-28-2009, 06:24 PM
Wow. You got the FO to include in their pregame email a suggestion that people might spotaneously sing the anthem even though it wouldn't be played?

'Slow clap'

AL-MO
07-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Wow. You got the FO to include in their pregame email a suggestion that people might spotaneously sing the anthem even though it wouldn't be played?

'Slow clap'

WTF?!

I just checked. That is great!

NOW WE just have to lead.

prizby
07-28-2009, 06:41 PM
is the pregame email jsut sent to season ticket holders

can anyone copy and paste it?

AL-MO
07-28-2009, 06:42 PM
Just to give you a heads up ....due to CONCACAF regulations, the anthems won't be played ahead of kick off tomorrow night....but there's nothing in the rules to stop the best supporters in the league spontaneously singing the Canadian anthem just before the game starts!

^^^^

flatpicker
07-28-2009, 06:56 PM
^ awesome!

lips
07-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Just got the email that is so cool
as for streamer I have 6 red 6 white hope i can get them in

SilverSamurai
07-28-2009, 07:08 PM

If you get on the red waiting list you'll then get the emails.
I've been on it since season 1.

4evared
07-28-2009, 07:24 PM

Toronto FC will play Champions League football for the first time when they take on Puerto Rico Islanders in the Preliminary Round First Leg at BMO Field tomorrow night! Kick off is at 8:00 p.m. live on GOLTV.
Toronto face the United Soccer League team in a two-leg match-up, with the winner going through to the Group Stage of the CONCACAF Champions League! To check out a preview of the match and the tournament on Toronto FC TV, click here. (mhtml:{5DFCE154-555A-4BCD-AFDB-D05E89CF7A0B}mid://00000008/!x-usc:http://mlsefans.com/index.cfm?n35167s3137c338952t3136o31505)
Just to give you a heads up ....due to CONCACAF regulations, the anthems won't be played ahead of kick off tomorrow night....but there's nothing in the rules to stop the best supporters in the league spontaneously singing the Canadian anthem just before the game starts!
Please remember that additional bleacher seating has been added for this match as well as the match against Real Madrid. The Carlsberg patio has been expanded North to accommodate for the bleachers, however there will be no view of the field from the patio

There you go mate.

AL-MO
07-28-2009, 07:24 PM
Just a notice to EVERYONE:

Don't start O Canada, follow 112 and 113's lead. Otherwise this is going to get horribly fucked and its going to sound like shit.

Carefree
07-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Just to be clear, is this a stadium-wide initiative or are the streamers only going to be thrown in the South end? Is there any word of mouth going to the non-SGs?

My seats are in the middle of 221 and I will bring in 8 streamers in case my immediate neighbours don't have any. Should I just walk over to the south end for this tifo?

Simao
07-28-2009, 07:40 PM
Hello all,

I'll be in 225 for the match, I have streamers for myself and those around me. I will also spread the word in that section to look to 112 for the cue to start singing. I'm sure everybody will clue in by the first line. This will be epic, a la all star game 08

My first post. A fan since Oct 2005.

__wowza
07-28-2009, 07:42 PM
ATTENTION RED PATCH BOYS

http://newdealme.com/2009-07-28-74161.jpg
I am now in possession of 140 streamers.
That is all..

rocktml
07-28-2009, 07:46 PM
awesome!!

I'm in 222 and I'll try to bring about 50 streamers......

__wowza
07-28-2009, 07:49 PM
awesome!!

I'm in 222 and I'll try to bring about 50 streamers......

i'll probably be messaging you tomorrow sometime along with a few other people to try and figure out a distribution plan for the upper deck.

Ageroo
07-28-2009, 07:50 PM
Crap...I still need to buy streamers.......lol

rocktml
07-28-2009, 07:54 PM
i'll probably be messaging you tomorrow sometime along with a few other people to try and figure out a distribution plan for the upper deck.

I'm sitting in row 3 seat 5, hopefully I'll have enough to give the first 3 rows at least. ......If we get streamers over the deck I'll be happy :D

Carefree
07-28-2009, 07:55 PM
I guess the Upper West Side is joining in. Cool.

One more thing, I have never actually brought streamers into the stadium before. I know that technically they are not allowed, but do I need to hide them or will security let me in if I just carry them in?

Ageroo
07-28-2009, 08:02 PM
Alright.....who knows somewhere selling streamers that is 24hrs......you think Dominion might have...they sell cards don't they?

Daveisonfire
07-28-2009, 08:04 PM
Alright.....who knows somewhere selling streamers that is 24hrs......you think Dominion might have...they sell cards don't they?

Not 24hrs but Dollarama is the best place I find.

So basically this post is useless to you:p

Ageroo
07-28-2009, 08:05 PM
Not 24hrs but Dollarama is the best place I find.

So basically this post is useless to you:p

haha......thanks Dave!!!!

__wowza
07-28-2009, 08:05 PM

no idea, im going to drop back and say "dollarama" but i can always hook you up with some if needed. i have a fucking lot.

Ageroo
07-28-2009, 08:07 PM
no idea, im going to drop back and say "dollarama" but i can always hook you up with some if needed. i have a fucking lot.

I can always find something down at work on break or lunch...but just want to get it out of the way tonight.

Pookie
07-28-2009, 08:47 PM
Hello all,

I'll be in 225 for the match, I have streamers for myself and those around me. I will also spread the word in that section to look to 112 for the cue to start singing. I'm sure everybody will clue in by the first line. This will be epic, a la all star game 08

My first post. A fan since Oct 2005.

Likewise. We are in 225 for this one too. I've got some extras that will be passed out around the section.

Again, if anyone needs a hand passing them out... just ask.

Let's remember that a big part of this is singing our asses off too

TheKing7
07-28-2009, 09:06 PM
Just picked up about 25-30 streamers for sec.120....
dollarama was running a little low :(

FluSH
07-28-2009, 09:20 PM
Just picked up about 25-30 streamers for sec.120....
dollarama was running a little low :(

YES!!!

Darlofletch
07-28-2009, 09:26 PM

Don't start O Canada, follow 112 and 113's lead. Otherwise this is going to get horribly fucked and its going to sound like shit.

having said that, can you guys make sure there's some kind of visual lead to follow, otherwise the northern end of the stadium would be a few seconds behind. We'll think we're in perfect sync, but we won't be.

I'm in 224, and I'll try and pick up some streamers to bring with me tomorrow and get into the spirit of things. I'm near the back and very uncoordinated with this sort of thing, so no way my streamers will make it down to the 100 level, but what the eff.

clc12
07-28-2009, 10:25 PM
would love to see something like this some day at bmo. i'm sure it will come soon.
come on reds! AGUANTE TFC!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sQcCkzIWQU&feature=related

TFC Via Buffalo
07-28-2009, 11:09 PM
For everyone up top in 110, I got about 15 red streamers for this. Come up and get one.

Yagbod
07-28-2009, 11:39 PM
I am in 104, 20th row. I will pick up some before the game. I think seat's 10ish.

notjimhenson
07-29-2009, 12:19 AM
219 is covered in red streamers however if they throw them???

FluSH
07-29-2009, 07:50 AM

We need to ask Jack to post this as a notice on the forums...

FluSH
07-29-2009, 07:52 AM
having said that, can you guys make sure there's some kind of visual lead to follow, otherwise the northern end of the stadium would be a few seconds behind. We'll think we're in perfect sync, but we won't be.

I'm in 224, and I'll try and pick up some streamers to bring with me tomorrow and get into the spirit of things. I'm near the back and very uncoordinated with this sort of thing, so no way my streamers will make it down to the 100 level, but what the eff.

The only think I can think of is that I will start asking people to put their scarve's up...

Then when I hold my scarf up is when we will all start...

drek
07-29-2009, 08:11 AM
The only think I can think of is that I will start asking people to put their scarve's up...

Then when I hold my scarf up is when we will all start...

Works for me... going to be epic can't wait!!

prizby
07-29-2009, 09:03 AM
what is the rain contingency plan?

__wowza
07-29-2009, 09:04 AM
what is the rain contingency plan?

wet streamers.
seriously, im no help.

prizby
07-29-2009, 09:05 AM
wet streamers.
seriously, im no help.

more AL-MO to answer

flatpicker
07-29-2009, 09:08 AM
I wonder, if it's raining hard right before the game, maybe this plan needs to be postponed?

All these streamers cost a bit of money, and it would be a waste to have them all turn to shit in peoples hands before they have a chance to throw them.

drek
07-29-2009, 09:20 AM
Put em in glad bags! Yippie!

prizby
07-29-2009, 10:02 AM
rain is suppose to clear by 6

but then again it wasn't suppose to start raining yet

which means couuld it clear earlier, or go longer?

__wowza
07-29-2009, 10:05 AM
this is going on the tags that are being taped on the streamers for the upper deck:

If you’re holding one of these bad boys then TFC and the Red Patch Boys want to see your TFC pride! So after O Canada is sung by the crowd, wait for the charge to sound and then let your streamer fly!

good/bad?

SQUIRREL
07-29-2009, 10:07 AM
sounds excellent

AL-MO
07-29-2009, 10:37 AM
this is going on the tags that are being taped on the streamers for the upper deck:

If you’re holding one of these bad boys then TFC and the Red Patch Boys want to see your TFC pride! So after O Canada is sung by the crowd, wait for the charge to sound and then let your streamer fly!

good/bad?

That is perfect!

C.Ronaldo
07-29-2009, 10:51 AM

good/bad?

tear

__wowza
07-29-2009, 10:54 AM
DISTRIBUTION PLAN FOR THE 200's:

i've spoken to a few people seperately about this who're interested in helping out, so this is the plan. everyone whose sitting up in the 200's that wants to pitch in meet up with me at Shoeless Joe's before the march down. i'll be wearing my Psychosis mask. if you cant find me, just shout "JON!" and i should respond with a "YEAH?" or possibly just mutter "did someone just call me?", then you'll know its me, or a couple other guys named jon.

we can divy up streamers there, i've got about 100 extra streamers (all labelled with instructions to wait till after the anthem) that need to be distributed across the first row of the 200's. so i propose that we each hit up two sections and do one each for the first row. any extras can be used to double up the front row or get the one behind em.

i'm in 226, row 21, so if you cant make it to Joe's you should see me up there about 20 minutes before the game. theres nine sections that we've gotta hit up, and im good to take care of 227, 226 and 225 if needed. lemme know what you think

FluSH
07-29-2009, 11:38 AM
^^^
Great Stuff...

Dave67
07-29-2009, 11:43 AM

good/bad?

Amazing! Great stuff!

Cas87
07-29-2009, 12:20 PM
Hey, does anyone know if row 25 is the last one for the upper deck?
Wondering because I want to know if I can stand or not

prizby
07-29-2009, 12:21 PM
cas87, i think it depends on what section

Cas87
07-29-2009, 12:23 PM
cas87, i think it depends on what section

section 220 if that helps

ricciboy
07-29-2009, 12:28 PM
ok sweet idea :D

prizby
07-29-2009, 12:38 PM
section 220 if that helps

doesn't help me, i have no idea, but i think it'll help other ppl who might know

rocktml
07-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Someone needs to be taking a video while this is all going down!

TFC! TFC!

Yagbod
07-29-2009, 12:54 PM
I have a bag full for 104 and there is usually another guy who brings them (although he did get booted last match), so hopefully we're covered.

RedsYNWA
07-29-2009, 12:57 PM
can we bring 99 luftballoons with the streamers

__wowza
07-29-2009, 01:13 PM
Someone needs to be taking a video while this is all going down!

TFC! TFC!

agreed, if they can also grab a few pics of the upper stands thatd be awesome too, if it works itll look sick.

TheKing7
07-29-2009, 01:16 PM
west stand seems to be in somewhat good shape....what can we expect from the east side?

RedsYNWA
07-29-2009, 01:30 PM
^^^ if it rains empty patches

TFC Fan
07-29-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm bringing some for the top of section 109, any others to help out the East end?

Redpunkfiddle
07-29-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm bringing some for the top of section 109, any others to help out the East end?

I am there too - Row 32. I am fetching some this afternoon.

TFC Via Buffalo
07-29-2009, 01:58 PM
I managed to get 15 for the top row of 110 that is closer to 109.

flatpicker
07-29-2009, 02:01 PM
the weather sure is cutting it close!

still calling for thunderstorms until 7pm

danger... must stop dancing...

Pookie
07-29-2009, 02:32 PM
^ weather forecasts are overrated. It wasn't supposed to rain this morning and pissed down on my round of golf from 6:45 am till 9.

Check the weather radar sites like King City (http://text.www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/radar/index_e.html?id=WKR)

Gives you a good idea of what's coming. Looks good at the moment.

wowza... I'll try to catch up with you on the march to help with distribution and getting them in. If not, see you inside and will lend a hand.

kaos197O
07-29-2009, 02:33 PM
Am in top row 111 and will bring 30/40 there.

prizby
07-29-2009, 02:46 PM
down to 30% now

1 small like 5 minute pocket heading t.o's way

but the massive shit is over lake ontario thank god

rocktml
07-29-2009, 03:08 PM
K i could only muster 14 streamers for section 222 (might grab 6 more if I have the time) I'm putting them in a plastic bag will that be fine to get it by BMO security or will I have an issue?

tfcmanu
07-29-2009, 03:11 PM
Just sent mass e-mail & TEXT to bring streamers to game 2nite.

Dbl_D
07-29-2009, 03:17 PM
not saying anything as I don't want to 'Dobson' it but try this mash up map for weather (from weather underground)
if you click Animate to 6 frames you can see the storm track

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/?lat=43.63000107&lon=-79.40000153&zoom=10&pin=Toronto%2c%20Ontario

TheKing7
07-29-2009, 03:29 PM
K i could only muster 14 streamers for section 222 (might grab 6 more if I have the time) I'm putting them in a plastic bag will that be fine to get it by BMO security or will I have an issue?

i was wondering the same thing...im bringing 30 with my buddy in some bags...

rocktml
07-29-2009, 03:29 PM
Keep your weather to yourself :(

rocktml
07-29-2009, 03:35 PM
I think everyone bringing streamers to the game should meet up and enter the stadium together......this way I dont see there being a huge problem if a mass of ppl are doing.......cause I fear that I will not be able to enter with the bags of streamers......

Dave67
07-29-2009, 03:37 PM
not saying anything as I don't want to 'Dobson' it but try this mash up map for weather (from weather underground)
if you click Animate to 6 frames you can see the storm track

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/?lat=43.63000107&lon=-79.40000153&zoom=10&pin=Toronto%2c%20Ontario

Great news! There is no hurricane coming :)

Redpunkfiddle
07-29-2009, 03:40 PM
50 in the bag, bitches.

TheKing7
07-29-2009, 03:42 PM
I think everyone bringing streamers to the game should meet up and enter the stadium together......this way I dont see there being a huge problem if a mass of ppl are doing.......cause I fear that I will not be able to enter with the bags of streamers......

yeah thats what i was thinking...ill probably be there aroudn 715-730...might be easier just to go in with some supporters...

rocktml
07-29-2009, 03:45 PM
yeah thats what i was thinking...ill probably be there aroudn 715-730...might be easier just to go in with some supporters...

ya I'll be there at around 7 so.......I'll just try finding supporters with plastic bags :P

__wowza
07-29-2009, 03:48 PM
ya I'll be there at around 7 so.......I'll just try finding supporters with plastic bags :P

ill have my horned lucha mask on, and im distributing streamers to the folks in the upper deck (see my earlier post) i dont think itd be an issue cause im going in 100 with 7 people. lemme know either way via text if you guys encounter any problems or if its easier to get them in through there (647) 286 - 7937. im still super paranoid that the 200's plan wont work.

TheKing7
07-29-2009, 04:00 PM
ill have my horned lucha mask on, and im distributing streamers to the folks in the upper deck (see my earlier post) i dont think itd be an issue cause im going in 100 with 7 people. lemme know either way via text if you guys encounter any problems or if its easier to get them in through there (647) 286 - 7937. im still super paranoid that the 200's plan wont work.

allright ill let you know

tfc2007
07-29-2009, 11:34 PM
This Was Amazing.

TFCWEST
07-29-2009, 11:48 PM
BRAVo everyone! I was in 127, looked
UNreal!

CretanBull
07-29-2009, 11:52 PM
I know that its early, but pics?

Ageroo
07-29-2009, 11:55 PM
I only have a couple I snapped while it was going on....I took the shot of 112 from 115...but uploading my shots right now......48% complete. Hopefully I'll have something in the multimedia thread before I go to sleep.

rocktml
07-29-2009, 11:58 PM
looked pretty good from where i was section 222!

Redpunkfiddle
07-30-2009, 12:07 AM
Smashing. All my doubts about messed up timing with the national anthem singing went down the toilet.

Sure some held onto their streamers for later (and in some cases inappropriate) use, but it came off really well. The crowd was really pumped by it near me- too bad the team didn't give them much more fuel, otherwise I think the stadium would have been blown away tonight.

Nodoubtguy
07-30-2009, 12:14 AM
gonna upload all my pics tomorrow but just wanted to give you a sense of what I saw.....

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2560/3771439364_5b4c74333e.jpg

Great job guys.....

Daveisonfire
07-30-2009, 12:16 AM
gonna upload all my pics tomorrow but just wanted to give you a sense of what I saw.....

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2560/3771439364_5b4c74333e.jpg

Great job guys.....

OOooo pretty...can't wait to see video of it

Roogsy
07-30-2009, 12:17 AM
It went off great. Congratulations to Al-Mo, Flush and the whole Choreo team.

Lots of work...they need to be recognized for their work.

Awesomeness.

Can we get a high-res picture of this please?

Nodoubtguy
07-30-2009, 12:18 AM
It went off great. Congratulations to Al-Mo, Flush and the whole Choreo team.

Lots of work...they need to be recognized for their work.

Awesomeness.

Can we get a high-res picture of this please?

I have a few more, will upload everything and provide links tomorrow....

Yagbod
07-30-2009, 12:38 AM
104 came out, not like a supporter's section, but I passed around enough to be visible, I hope.

I also hope there is some video.

By the way, the anthem singing was awesome. It was way, way louder than our average game. When I passed out the streamers in 104 people just nodded when I said wait until the end of the anthem. They all seemed to have heard already.

Kudos again to Al-Mo, Flush and the whole Choreo team and everyone who helped put this together.

They may have lost, but that was the best game for spirit and non-supporter's sections standing up for their TFC.

Ageroo
07-30-2009, 12:53 AM
my shit is uploaded...
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=15936

Ageroo
07-30-2009, 12:54 AM
great shot Sal...can't wait to see your pics...I didn't take a ton in the second half as I was to busy yelling at that fuckwad Gaudette in net!

Yohan
07-30-2009, 01:43 AM
the anthem + streamer shower got the crowd really pumped up for first 15 mins or so. a thing of beauty

then the crappy TFC plays sucked the energy out

lips
07-30-2009, 06:59 AM
379 looked great:scarf:

CoachGT
07-30-2009, 07:03 AM
Looked great from above - I hope that all of the upper sections sent as many streamers as 224 did - we were covered!

fergiejr
07-30-2009, 08:20 AM
I sure do wish I read this forum yesterday. Would have sent some nice bullets out from sec 222 row 18 that's for sure.

Boys, I got chills when this started, and the streamer shower, let's just say it looked freakin awesome.

Nice job. Nice job indeed.

__wowza
07-30-2009, 08:30 AM
yeah, and here i was worried about the anthem being heard!
looked great, fans around me went ballistic even in the fam section. anyone have any pics of the 200s from below?

flatpicker
07-30-2009, 09:22 AM
hopefully Parky has some decent video of this.

btw... did a lot of streamers come down from the upper deck?
I couldn't tell because my view was blocked by a waterfall of streamers over my head.

__wowza
07-30-2009, 09:46 AM
hopefully Parky has some decent video of this.

btw... did a lot of streamers come down from the upper deck?
I couldn't tell because my view was blocked by a waterfall of streamers over my head.

about 95% of the streamers i gave out (100) made it down on time (thanks to the instructions on em) along with everyone else who brought streamers and suddenly realized what was up. it was a lot more spread out but from where i was it looked good.

i gotta give it up to pookie and keeks for giving me a hand.

prizby
07-30-2009, 10:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epo0PrwTy9o

streamer shower video

Yohan
07-30-2009, 11:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epo0PrwTy9o

streamer shower video
oh god. you can totally pick out my hideous singing and chanting. lol:facepalm: