PDA

View Full Version : Attakora out and Guevara and Serioux doubtful

Pigfynn
07-27-2009, 01:20 PM
Great....
:picard:

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090727&content_id=6087302&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

drek
07-27-2009, 01:33 PM

Yohan
07-27-2009, 01:34 PM
does this mean Gomez finally gets a shot? lol

werewolf
07-27-2009, 01:36 PM
Cronin should be ready to go.

rocker
07-27-2009, 01:37 PM
couple of weeks for nana? ugh

bring in the DP defender.

I missed Sammy Cronin's work.

Pigfynn
07-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Formations anyone? :)

usually the next step for this kind of news.

v00d00daddy
07-27-2009, 01:52 PM
Assuming all three are out: 4-5-1?

-------------------------Frei------------------------

---Wynne--------Velez---------Garcia-----Brennan---

------------Robbo--------------Cronin---------------

------------------------Vitti-------------------------

-------DeRo-------------------------Barrett----------

--------------------------Gerba--------------------

ACSertL
07-27-2009, 01:54 PM

This...except I would replace Velez with Gomez, unless we're looking to Velez to help us get a read on the Islanders. Then the original lineup is good enough.

VPjr
07-27-2009, 01:55 PM
TFC had better be geared up for scoring goals because they are going to need at least 2, maybe 3 goals to win this game.

A backline of Wynne, Garcia, Velez and Brennan is a frightening setup. They would probably be better off going with a 3 man D (wynne, Garcia and Brennan) with 2 holding mids in front off them (Robinson and Cronin). They will have to hope that Gerba, DeRo, Vitti, Barrett and ?? (Gala would be my vote to fill a midfield spot) can do damage.

Puerto Rico has not been playing great lately in USL but it is possible they are saving themselves for CCL.

Stouffville_RPB
07-27-2009, 02:00 PM
This news worries me. I'll suit up at CB for Serioux.

rocktml
07-27-2009, 02:06 PM
^ no please dont......

Beach_Red
07-27-2009, 02:07 PM
Where's Rick Titus?

Redcoe15
07-27-2009, 02:14 PM
I'm gonna be sick! :puke:

TFC~Vatreni
07-27-2009, 02:26 PM
This is really bad news guys, Serioux and Attakora were the only stout defenders all year. I hope we can still pull it off... biggest game to date!

billyfly
07-27-2009, 02:33 PM
DANG

Shway
07-27-2009, 02:49 PM
i shouldve known....torontofc.ca has Velez smilling

Shway
07-27-2009, 02:52 PM
If Velez and Garcia are in the middle.....good God please grant us fans serenttity that Nicholas Adderly and any other PR strikers wont blow by our two slow centre backs....

Shakes McQueen
07-27-2009, 03:21 PM
Guevara out isn't a huge deal - I'd like to see Cronin starting anyway. Gives us some defensive presence in the middle of the pitch for the first time in a while.

If Serioux and Attakora are both out, that IS huge. The thought of a Wynne-Velez-Garcia-Brennan backline makes me want to puke.

- Scott

Pachuco
07-27-2009, 03:27 PM
Guevara out is a MASSIVE deal. We have absolutely no one to replace him on this team. Dero as a #10 is a joke. He's not meant to play there, and when he has, he's had his worst minutes on the field with TFC.

FluSH
07-27-2009, 03:30 PM

The only possible formation... and I wouldn't replaced Velez for Gomez not in a million years... I am hoping Velez at least knows how some of these players play... and/or tactics by the PR coach.

jloome
07-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Quick! Everyone!

Panic!

:rolleyes:

Pachuco
07-27-2009, 03:32 PM
The only possible formation... and I wouldn't replaced Velez for Gomez not in a million years... I am hoping Velez at least knows how some of these players play... and/or tactics by the PR coach.

That looks good to me. Problem is, Cummins keeps playing Dero in the middle as opposed to Vitti whenever Guevara isn't playing. I agree with you though, Vitti as a center midfielder and Dero as more of an attacking option.

Banjax
07-27-2009, 03:36 PM
http://i31.tinypic.com/11ijxjb.gif

Don Julio
07-27-2009, 03:55 PM
I bet Serioux is in.

Vitti might be the best replacement for Guevara, though not a great one.

Lucky Strike
07-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Again, the stupid and unnecessary friendlies continue to kick us in the balls. I don't think we as fans couldn't stress this enough: NO MORE FRIENDLIES!

joesoccerfan
07-27-2009, 06:58 PM
I'm sure Velez will start in the hopes that playing against his home club from PR will motivate him to actually cover somebody.

twismca
07-27-2009, 07:31 PM
There's always moving Robbo back to CB and putting Velez on the right. It would mess up the mids, but Velez and Garcia as CB's is an unsuccessful foot-race just waiting to happen.
Plus, nobody seems impressed with Velez right now. Columbus post game comments from Cummins, De-ro, and Brennan all mentioned our defense on the 2 late goals calling it "sloppy", "unexceptable", and even "criminal". Cummins said "The same things keep happening".
Both times, the closest defender to the goal-scorer was Marco Velez.
Not sure what Cummins will do.

Shakes McQueen
07-27-2009, 08:24 PM
Quick! Everyone!

Panic!

:rolleyes:

Oh come on jloome, you can't possibly tell me you didn't gag a little whne you thought of Velez and Garcia running the core of our defense for 90 minutes. :D

- Scott

craigtfc
07-27-2009, 08:43 PM
Still a solid line up except for cronin (i can hear the bitching allready) and velez

TFC USA
07-27-2009, 08:44 PM
Hunter Freeman Bitches!! :D

boban
07-27-2009, 10:00 PM
Where's Rick Titus?
Good question.
I am actually looking for him.

boban
07-27-2009, 10:01 PM
Again, the stupid and unnecessary friendlies continue to kick us in the balls. I don't think we as fans couldn't stress this enough: NO MORE FRIENDLIES!
What does that have to do with anything?
Amado and Serioux got injured in Columbus.

Lucky Strike
07-27-2009, 10:11 PM
What does that have to do with anything?
Amado and Serioux got injured in Columbus.

Referring here to Attakora who continues to be sidelined with hamstring problems - problems incurred against River Plate.

tlear
07-27-2009, 10:18 PM
Velez, I dont know sometimes he plays alright and then something like the last game happens :( I guess all depends on how Islanders play, if they got nothing on the wings we might be better off with 3 defenders. Also no Guevara :(

Bobo
07-27-2009, 10:41 PM
Fuck, reading the posts here is making me not want to even go. Have some faith! Our two doubtfuls will be hungry as hell and if Agent Zero really can't make it, expect Velez' best game with us.

TheKing7
07-27-2009, 10:54 PM
Serioux must be in a wheelchair to be listed as doubtful that man is a legend.

SilverSamurai
07-28-2009, 08:10 AM
I think Velez will do alright. for some reason I feel ok with him. He's got extra motivation and something to prove to his old squad.

But I'm actually worried about tomorrow night...hopeful but concerned...

Razor
07-28-2009, 08:53 AM
With the defenders we have, we should all be worried.

Velez = steaming pile of crap
Garcia = old and couldn't find his way to the ocean if he was surrounded by it on an island.
Brennan = huge liability, no faith in him

I know we will win but it won't be pretty.

boban
07-28-2009, 09:07 AM
Referring here to Attakora who continues to be sidelined with hamstring problems - problems incurred against River Plate.
That's one player. Shit happens.

trane
07-28-2009, 09:23 AM

The two DM should be able to protect the CBs. If Velez is given time he will be OK. Same with Garcia who is a solid MLS defender. Certainly Serioux and Attakora are our two best defenders for my money. But this shit will happen. In seasons friendlies have to stop.

Bobo
07-28-2009, 09:57 AM
With the defenders we have, we should all be worried.

Velez = steaming pile of crap
Garcia = old and couldn't find his way to the ocean if he was surrounded by it on an island.
Brennan = huge liability, no faith in him

I know we will win but it won't be pretty.

Remarkable show of faith. Hey, you forgot Wynne too.

Pachuco
07-28-2009, 10:12 AM

What happens when players play too many minutes? they get injured. When players play tired, they get injured. To say that Guevara's injury had nothing to do with the River Plate game is a pretty big assumption on your part. So personally, it's not just one player.

Azerban
07-28-2009, 10:16 AM

this is ok; fairly little soccer is played in the ocean

boban
07-28-2009, 10:42 AM
What happens when players play too many minutes? they get injured. When players play tired, they get injured. To say that Guevara's injury had nothing to do with the River Plate game is a pretty big assumption on your part. So personally, it's not just one player.
Pretty big assumption that Attakora's injury is due to the RP game.
Maybe it was bound to happen regardless. Wear and tear on the body and it could have happened in practice the next day, or the same day if they went harder at practice.
Amado got injured in the first 20 minutes. Hardly playing too much.
In any event shit happens and you move on.
Or maybe it's best we all stay at home. No chance of getting in an accident or hit by a car while crossing the street that way.

Razor
07-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Remarkable show of faith. Hey, you forgot Wynne too.

I did say we will win. :scarf:

Carefree
07-28-2009, 01:15 PM
Put in a 3-man defense and just keep attacking all game long. We usually do all right when we attack. It's when we pull everyone back in the 60th minute with a 1-goal lead that trouble happens.

Lucky Strike
07-28-2009, 05:25 PM

Pretty big assumption that Attakora's injury is due to the RP game. Maybe it was bound to happen regardless. Wear and tear on the body and it could have happened in practice the next day, or the same day if they went harder at practice.

One player too many. You're right in saying that Attakora's injury was maybe something waiting to happen but it's an even bigger assumption that Attakora's injury wasn't because of the River Plate game. Either way, we can't really argue that fewer matches means fewer chances for injuries. Football players can't NOT play any matches for fear of injury, it's their jobs after all. Because the point is, the River Plate game was pointless, unnecessary and one of our players was injured in it and he's now missing important matches.

Bobo
07-29-2009, 03:36 PM
So any updates???