PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Game of the Year on Wednesday vs Puerto Rico

westrouge
07-26-2009, 10:44 AM
The loss on Saturday to the Crew was heartbreaking, but a win on Wednesday could turn everything around.

Firstly, if TFC qualify for the next round of Concacaf Champions League it will provide the team with 3 more home games= a lot more money for MLSE= grass field/DP.

Secondly, a win on Wednesday will get everyone's head back up and help prepare the team for a another huge game against New England.

What I"m trying to say: Let's get behind our team on Wednesday night. No more complaining, no more ranting. Just get there early, and sing your lungs out for TFC!

Bobo
07-26-2009, 10:53 AM
I'm so friggin stoked for this game! Fuck the Krew, like their city, they're irrelevant. If TFC win, I'm making love on Wednesday. Grabbed 4 tickets for ladies so gotta get lucky with one of them.

wzhxvy
07-26-2009, 11:03 AM
They have to do more than win...they better come out there with fire in their pants. They need to win and score 2/3 goals...thats the objective. Anything less would be a disappointment.

rocker
07-26-2009, 11:07 AM
gotta win by at least 2 goals, because we saw what happens when you win at home only by 1 (we had to have a miracle against Montreal to survive). I don't want to have to depend on "The Miracle in Puerto Rico" just to move on to the group stage.

the funny thing is, if we move on, we get 2 games against the Crew! hahaha

Nuvinho
07-26-2009, 11:12 AM
MLSE wants this game more than anything. If we beat PR overall in both legs.....they get THREE more home games to sell...!!!

Bobo
07-26-2009, 11:15 AM
MLSE wants this game more than anything. If we beat PR overall in both legs.....they get THREE more home games to sell...!!!

ML$E + CONCACAF = rigged. Niiiice. I'll take being on the right side for a change. Might not take too much though, maybe a Leafs season seat and a couple Central American refs.

MG42
07-26-2009, 11:26 AM
well let's hope we do something...we need another miracle this season to make the playoffs.

PJC
07-26-2009, 11:29 AM
They have to do more than win...they better come out there with fire in their pants. They need to win and score 2/3 goals...thats the objective. Anything less would be a disappointment.

Agreed. TFC needs to come out hard and score a couple of goals to have more confidence going into the away match in August. A 1-0 result would be alright, but not something they should be going for. They need to establish a solid attacking presence on Wednesday and aim for goals. Anything less just won't cut it. If they make it past Puerto Rico then that would be huge for TFC. A win on Wednesday is very important and let's hope they get the job done.:scarf:

Pachuco
07-26-2009, 11:33 AM
I have a funny feeling we'll tie these fuckers. I don't know why, I just get that feeling.

billyfly
07-26-2009, 11:35 AM
At least its a night game and their is a more ruckus crowd for these. Hopefully the boys feed off of us.

wzhxvy
07-26-2009, 11:54 AM
I have a funny feeling we'll tie these fuckers. I don't know why, I just get that feeling.

:-) we better beat those fuckers or this will be a long off season

SilverSamurai
07-26-2009, 11:57 AM
Have to finish with a clean sheet.A 2-1 tfc win, may as well be a tie...
Having JDG in the lineup would sure as hell be useful come Wednesday...