PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Sunday, July. 26

denime
07-26-2009, 01:09 AM
Crew sets home record as Toronto FC wilts
Coach Chris Cummins 'fuming' after Reds blow 2-1 lead: 'We threw the game away'
Daniel Girard
COLUMBUS, Ohio–It went from disappointing to devastating.
Toronto FC surrendered two late goals, including the decisive one in injury time, on the way to a 3-2 loss to the Columbus Crew before 13,775 fans last night.

Read More (http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/article/672041)

TFC blows lead in Columbus
The Associated Press
Jason Garey scored in second-half stoppage time and the Columbus Crew set an MLS record by extending their home unbeaten streak to 19 games with a 3-2 victory over Toronto FC on Saturday night.
Columbus (7-3-9) overcame a 2-1 deficit to improve to 13-0-6 at Crew Stadium since a 2-0 loss to the San Jose Earthquakes on June 7, 2008. The Earthquakes held the previous mark of 18, spanning the 2004 and 2005 seasons.

Read More (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/tfc-blows-lead-in-columbus/article1231562/)

Columbus sets MLS record at expense of Toronto FC
CBC.ca
Steven Lenhart and Jason Garey scored late in the second half as Columbus rallied for a 3-2 win over Toronto FC on Saturday night that extended the Crew's home unbeaten streak to an MLS record 19 matches.
Ali Gerba did his best to try to stop Columbus from setting the mark in his first official game for Toronto. The Canadian international, who signed last month and suited up for Wednesday's friendly against Argentine powerhouse River Plate, scored four minutes into the second half to give Toronto a 2-1 lead.

Read More (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2009/07/25/sp-mls-tor-clb.html)

Crew down TFC in stoppage time
Jason Garey heads game-winner as Columbus rallies
By Craig Merz / MLSnet.com Staff
COLUMBUS -- Jason Garey scored on a header from a Frankie Hejduk cross two minutes into stoppage time to complete a second-half rally as the Columbus Crew stunned Toronto FC 3-2 on Saturday to establish an MLS record with their 19th consecutive regular-season home match without a loss. Garey's goal, his fourth of the season and third in two games, came after Steven Lenhart leveled the score at 2-2 for the Crew in the 76th minute.
Ali Gerba had put TFC ahead in the 49th minute in his MLS debut before Lenhart's second goal of the season.

Read More (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090725&content_id=6061694&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280)

http://i25.tinypic.com/6eno6q.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/fmrqxx.jpg

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/) :)

Ageroo
07-26-2009, 01:13 AM
wow...already....morning D. What a collapse!

Yohan
07-26-2009, 01:15 AM
why is it that TFC lose, but SSG is hot for once

is that suppose to be some sort of consolation prize? lol

Yohan
07-26-2009, 02:33 AM
MLS goal of the week, or I'll eat my hat

http://web.mlsnet.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=5741313

DOMIN8R
07-26-2009, 06:24 AM
I had nightmares all night long. Wasted opportunities, poor marking, great strikes hitting posts - it went on all night.

DOMIN8R
07-26-2009, 06:28 AM
TFC coach frustrated with giving away late goal in loss to Crew

More here:http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090726&content_id=6065972&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Brooker
07-26-2009, 07:18 AM
MLS goal of the week, or I'll eat my hat

http://web.mlsnet.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=5741313

LOL @ Ricketts smashing into the post.

Kaz
07-26-2009, 07:23 AM
the game was disgusting, the out come was obvious in the first 30 minutes. we only got 30 minutes of decent play out of the boys last night... It was a shamble.
The better shape up before Wednesday, because CCL maybe the only chance they have at post season play.

icecoldbeer
07-26-2009, 07:58 AM
wonder how that team bonding bus ride home was?

rocker
07-26-2009, 08:42 AM
Puerto Rico lost 4-2 to Vancouver last night, but more importantly, they rested 6 starters including their #1 scorer and #1 keeper for the match this wednesday.

S_D
07-26-2009, 09:52 AM
Cummins may be "fuming" but the entire team, coaching staff and FO can collectively take the blame for this one.

TFC had better learn to defend, the coach neeeds to do better with his subs, and the FO needs to give it's head a shake with these freindlies (with a smaller roster) or this is going to be one short CCL run.

I have heard in the past the FO thinks that the fanbase wants friendlies with teams like RP and RM. I always thought the fanbase wanted to see TFC get in the playoffs and go far in the CCL. I hope that the FO has a hard look at themselves and decide what is more important. If we continue to see more freindlies I know what they would prefer.

Redcoe15
07-26-2009, 10:52 AM
Still :mad: :mad5::incazzato::hulk::banghead: :prrr: from last night's fucking disgrace of a performance. And no amount of hotness fromm the SSG or co-ed girl will improve that.

Sullivan
07-26-2009, 11:46 AM
... I have heard in the past the FO thinks that the fanbase wants friendlies with teams like RP and RM. I always thought the fanbase wanted to see TFC get in the playoffs and go far in the CCL. I hope that the FO has a hard look at themselves and decide what is more important. If we continue to see more freindlies I know what they would prefer.

Indeed.

A friendly I would have enjoyed would have been RP vs RM at BMO.

sidvan
07-26-2009, 11:56 AM
Still a fan of the team but today i am dejected, disappointed and a little ashamed.

dupont
07-26-2009, 12:06 PM
I still love this team. Bad ending last night though. At least we can score goals now but that defending....

Super
07-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Okay, so according to the current standing we're now out of the play-offs. We need to fight our way back in again, but it's going to be difficult with 7 away games and only 4 home games. Clearly we need to win some of those away games, or we won't make the play-offs. It won't be easy with all the games we have to play - Real Madrid friendly, and Champions League fixtures. Fingers crossed!

rocktml
07-26-2009, 01:25 PM
I have no more gas left in the tank......this team is kicking the shit out of me :(

rocker
07-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Okay, so according to the current standing we're now out of the play-offs. We need to fight our way back in again, but it's going to be difficult with 7 away games and only 4 home games. Clearly we need to win some of those away games, or we won't make the play-offs. It won't be easy with all the games we have to play - Real Madrid friendly, and Champions League fixtures. Fingers crossed!

we need to win most if not all of those home games, and then hope for a fluke road win and maybe a couple of ties. That would be just enough to make the playoffs I think.

4 home wins gets us to 38 points.
+1 road win gets us 41 points
+2 road ties gets us 43 points, probably just enough to get the playoff spot.

That's 5 wins, 4 losses, 2 ties in the final 11 games.

Cristiano14
07-26-2009, 02:49 PM
Here's My Predictions for the rest of the season:
Were currently out of the play-offs with 26 points.
My predictions will give us about 17 more points
So we will finish with 43 points, usually just enough to make the play-offs
Note: we really have to win all home games

August
08/01 - Saturdayat New England Revolution LOSS
08/04 - Tuesday at Puerto Rico Islanders WIN
08/07 - Friday Real Madrid USELESS
08/15 - SaturdayD.C. United WIN
08/22 - Saturdayat Chivas USA LOSS
08/29 - Saturdayat Seattle Sounders FC LOSS
September
09/05 - Saturdayat Colorado Rapids LOSS
09/12 - SaturdayColorado Rapids WIN
09/19 - Saturdayat Los Angeles Galaxy TIE
09/26 - Saturdayat Chicago Fire LOSS
October
10/10 - SaturdaySan Jose Earthquakes WIN
10/17 - SaturdayReal Salt Lake TIE
10/24 - Saturdayat New York Red Bulls WIN

Agree, Disagree??

uncle p
07-26-2009, 02:55 PM
How does a team (New England) have this late in the year 3 games in hand over us and 5 GAMES in hand over NY? Can anyone explain this? I havent looked at the individual schedules but this doesnt seem right

The 5 in hand over NY is no biggie as the Red Bull's are shite, but what if they were challenging for a playoff spot, this could be a tactical advantage to NE down the stretch.

SoccMan
07-27-2009, 01:13 AM
Have TFC ever come back from a 1 goal deficit and won a game in dramatic fashion like the Crew did last night? I don't think they have ever done that,however, I can't count how many times we have blown games late in the game like that. What is it with this club and giving up games late like that? Please don't mention our come back in the Canadian Cup versus the Impact, I still don't know what to make of that game.

Yohan
07-27-2009, 01:31 AM
Have TFC ever come back from a 1 goal deficit and won a game in dramatic fashion like the Crew did last night? I don't think they have ever done that,however, I can't count how many times we have blown games late in the game like that. What is it with this club and giving up games late like that? Please don't mention our come back in the Canadian Cup versus the Impact, I still don't know what to make of that game.
not in dramatic sense like Crew did, but I believe first ever comeback win was vs NE earlier this year

Yohan
07-27-2009, 01:32 AM
How does a team (New England) have this late in the year 3 games in hand over us and 5 GAMES in hand over NY? Can anyone explain this? I havent looked at the individual schedules but this doesnt seem right

The 5 in hand over NY is no biggie as the Red Bull's are shite, but what if they were challenging for a playoff spot, this could be a tactical advantage to NE down the stretch.
because MLS scheduling is retarded and completely unbalanced

it's one of these things the league needs to sort out

uncle p
07-27-2009, 10:37 AM

Montreal wasnt dramatic enough for you :)
but i know what your saying

Roogsy
07-27-2009, 10:39 AM

Agreed.

The problem is we haven't been winning them. BMO Field is not nearly as hard to sneak out with a point or even three for the visiting team as it should be.

Flashman
07-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Here's My Predictions for the rest of the season:
Were currently out of the play-offs with 26 points.
My predictions will give us about 17 more points
So we will finish with 43 points, usually just enough to make the play-offs

August
08/01 - Saturdayat New England Revolution LOSS
08/04 - Tuesday at Puerto Rico Islanders WIN
08/07 - Friday Real Madrid USELESS
08/15 - SaturdayD.C. United WIN
08/22 - Saturdayat Chivas USA LOSS
08/29 - Saturdayat Seattle Sounders FC LOSS
September
09/05 - Saturdayat Colorado Rapids LOSS
09/12 - SaturdayColorado Rapids WIN
09/19 - Saturdayat Los Angeles Galaxy TIE
09/26 - Saturdayat Chicago Fire LOSS
October
10/10 - SaturdaySan Jose Earthquakes WIN
10/17 - SaturdayReal Salt Lake TIE
10/24 - Saturdayat New York Red Bulls WIN

Agree, Disagree??

That was huge loss...we sit in ninth spot, and the teams immediately above us have a game or two in hand. And the Revs are 3 points behind us, with 3 games in hand.

We have a huge mid-week Champions League qualifier, followed by a Saturday trip to New England, for probably our biggest game of the year. I think a loss will pretty much kill any chance of making the post season.

But we remain ever the optimists :scarf: