07-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Discuss the epic fail here

GhostPK
07-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Another shitty game
and a loss to another shitty team

rocker
07-25-2009, 08:31 PM
sign a DP defender ... we have the offense. Gerba looks good.

But our defense is absolutely pitiful and I believe we've now given up the most goals in the league or at least close to it.

Dub Narcotic
07-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Great game to watch, despite the result. Crew are obviously a good team. Velez did well for a while but cracked towards the end. He should have been the one to clear the final ball.

Cannon
07-25-2009, 08:32 PM
I need alcohol, lots and lots of alcohol. :picard:

rocker
Despite the goal by De Ro, I thought De Ro had an iffy game tonight. A lot of bad passes and bad shots.

Nuvinho
oh what fun its gonna be on the TFC bus ride home.

TFC USA
Trade Velez and Wynne is a fucking retard.

Serioux stayed on the full game and I don't know why.

This is on Cummins and the defense.

I congratulated the KKKrew on Big Soccer. We did not deserve to win tonight with another pansy-ass collapse.

Roogsy
How am i going to sleep tonight after a loss like that?

Yohan
the crew supporters will be insufferable for another year

half their team was reserves, no Shitlicker, got so many breaks from the ref on calls, yet TFC still can't fuckin win

god i'm so angry right now

Roogsy
07-25-2009, 08:33 PM

100%

wzhxvy
07-25-2009, 08:33 PM
This loss is on Paul Bierne and TFC FO for being greedy buggers and scheduling meaningless friendlies at the worst time of the season. We looked tired out there with no exception. Oh and btw, I am sick and tired of hearing and seeing the strength and conditioning coach talk crap...

The good...Vitti...Gerba...Wynne had a good game...Dero being the rock that he always is.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-25-2009, 08:34 PM
Anyone who is against a holding MID DP for TFC!....

JDG SHUT's DOWN OFFENCES!!....GETR DONE!

fdasilva
07-25-2009, 08:34 PM
Screw De Guzman, we need a DP defender...

Screw life

bhoybobby
07-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Well Gerba scored a goal, congrats, the ball was bobbling, he put it away. The trouble with Ali is it's gotta be to feet, he's slow & can't turn.

Marvell, to bad you can't defend.

MOM, Vitti a man amongst boys

Dub Narcotic
What was Brennan doing on that last Hejduk cross?

Redcoe15
PISS ME FUCKING RIGHT OFF! THIS WAS A KICK IN THE GODDAMN NUTS THAT WAS! HOW THE FUCK DO WE LET THAT GODDAMN BIG BIRD CONTROL THE GAME LIKE THAT? THIS WAS THE MOST FUCKING EMBARASSING LOSS OF THE SEASON! IF THIS DECIDES OUR SEASON, HEADS ARE GONNA ROLL! CUMMINGS, DO THE FUCK SOMETHING!!!

:mad: :cuss: :mad5::hulk::banghead: :prrr:

H Bomb
MLSE can still suck a dick....injury to a starting defender, and then painfully tired guys running around with their heads cut off at the end. Paul, you're a nice guy and all but if youre reading this, you and your staff have done a horrendous job

BayernTFC
we have the offense. Gerba looks good.
Agreed. Gerba had poise in the box, nice touch passes and he finished his chance.

Nuvinho
07-25-2009, 08:36 PM
I am thinking that FO is saying to themselves......playoffs nets us 1 home game? If we beat PR, we can get 3 home games.

I highly doubt we gonna make the playoffs now!

bhoybobby
This loss is on Paul Bierne and TFC FO for being greedy buggers and scheduling meaningless friendlies at the worst time of the season. We looked tired out there with no exception. Oh and btw, I am sick and tired of hearing and seeing the strength and conditioning coach talk crap...

The good...Vitti...Gerba...Wynne had a good game...Dero being the rock that he always is.

Wynne, ffs, he couldn't mark a bingo card. His man was wide open.

TFC USA
I hate it when we put Dichio in the 80-90 minute mark. Why the fuck do we do that shit when it never works?

That was a Carveresque game by Cummins tonight. Velez for Guevara had me steamed.

LVD07
What the fuck? That's all I have to say

egoodwin
07-25-2009, 08:37 PM
I blame front office for today's loss...

this wasn't lack of heart or effort, or talent...

this was exhaustion... and FO's greed is to blame.

hodgkiss
i'm sorry but nick garcia is a bag of crap!

he is slow, ha can not mark anyone, he gets caught out of position, puts the ball back to the keeper every chance he gets and puts all kinds of pressure on them, he gets stupid cards, becomes aggressive for no reason, the list goes on and on.

having anyone two of the three (wynne, garcia and velez) on at the same time is a huge mistake!

as it stands right now, we need serioux, brennan and nana in every single game because we don't have anyone else that is reliable. gomez ( in the couple of time that i have seen him) is better than wynne garcia and velez.

i think we are good with mids and forwards but we still lack depth at the back. we absolutely have to make moves NOW if we want any more hardware.

we had 3 minutes of extra time and all they had to do is keep the ball out of the net. that was the worst marking ever! garcia had the man and backed off putting pressure on wynne to come back quickly. it was the wrong choice and he does this consistently.

H Bomb

e.

man you dont know stuff. The defence was 5th string. it was last resort. And how was it on Cummins? I see this and am reminded why i ignore everything you say. I'm really interested in a fleshed out responce as to how this was cummins & defence. So very random and uninformed

Gixmo
.... I feel bad for Stefan, the back line are ruining his numbers. They'd be downright stellar if you took out all the freebies we've given up this year.

Another build-up and self implosion, but tomorrow is another day. Just hard to watch as someone loyal to the cause.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-25-2009, 08:38 PM
I am thinking that FO is saying to themselves......playoffs nets us 1 home game? If we beat PR, we can get 3 home games.

I highly doubt we gonna make the playoffs now!

this is a big loss....but not even close to being over

Antoshka
fire the coach, trade everyone. one city. one hate. lol

Yohan
I found a new portrait of Velez

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs141.snc1/5208_114028254600_500539600_2144563_1355368_n.jpg

Velez, you fucking suck

Dub Narcotic

Why is it Wynne's responsbility to pick up the striker in the middle of the box? Velez should have been there, although Wynne should have come to the rescue once he saw the breakdown. Also, Brennan has to close down the cross. He just stood there and let Hejduk whip it in.

billyfly
First the epic Blue Jays loss and now this.

We must be paying for our sins. Which ones I don't know.

Dbl_D
in the first half they held the ball and made it a game the second the continually kicked it up and gave it away... WTF.. no heart in the end... it reminded me of many leaf games where they just wait to be scored on... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFf someones head must roll

TFC USA
Actually I pin the loss on Gerry Dobson.

How about that?

Lennon
fucking hell ... this must be how montreal feels in half their games

H Bomb
07-25-2009, 08:39 PM

so were the three guys who touched the ball before it got to that guy...to blame wynne alone would be ignorant to the entire situation. they had turned off physically and mentally, this is a classic and standard sign of tired players

Redcoe15
NO FUCKING RESPECT FOR THE FUCKING KKKREW! DO YOU THINK THEIR FUCKING SUPPORTERS CARE ABOUT US? BILL FUCKING ARCHER IS SMEARING HIMSELF IN HIS OWN SHIT OUT OF PURE JOY FOR WHAT JUST HAPPENED! THEY CAN ALL FUCKING GO TO FUCKING HELL!

:mad: :cuss: :mad5::hulk::banghead: :prrr:

Antoshka
i still believe this league is fixed

Redcoe15
07-25-2009, 08:40 PM

How about that?
I'LL SECOND THAT, THE FUCKING JINX!

The Oz
07-25-2009, 08:41 PM
First I go to the Jays game and they blow a 9-1 lead, then I walk home in the rain to come see my Toronto FC lose TO THE MOTHERFUCKING COLUMBUS CREW IN THE FUCKING 90TH MINUTE! I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS, OUR BACKLINE NEEDS SOME GODDAMN WORK! IF IT DIDN'T SHIT LIKE THIS WOULDN'T HAPPEN. Also the subs were godawful, velez for guevara? striker for striker in the dying minutes of a tie game that we didn't need to win especially on the road where points are so hard to come by for us? Shit needs to happen. NOW!

wzhxvy
Thanks TFC FO for giving us access to the RM practice for 10 bucks though...DOUCHES !!! This one is all on you !

Nuvinho

How about that?

biggest jinx!! I can't believe how many times he said "TFC gonna win the Trillium Cup, 1st win in Columbus, 1st place in the East".

TFC USA
We must be the worst team in the history of MLS when it comes to dropping points in the final 10 minutes.

billyfly
LOL on us. Shit. Damn. Dang.

bhoybobby
so were the three guys who touched the ball before it got to that guy...to blame wynne alone would be ignorant to the entire situation. they had turned off physically and mentally, this is a classic and standard sign of tired players

He does his job, no goal that simple. He can't defend, end of story. Don't make excuses for him.

napoli73
This sucks!! i hate watching TFC lose...but to lose to the Crew in extra time is tough to swallow. I think with Gerba coming in they are experimenting with positioning upfront. I still believe as long as we keep starting Robo, JimB and Wynne this team will never improve...all 3 have a one dimensional game and it holds us back. Can't wait for Cronin and Nana to come back.

Dub Narcotic
I agree about the tiredness. What a disaster that RP game was, probably cost the playoffs. This was a six point swing. I can't believe that one post about Serioux being the only reliable defender. He was repeatedly killed down the left side. He's only a good CB. We need somebody else on the left.

gracos
07-25-2009, 08:42 PM
We dont depend on one defender, look at Columbus they rely on other players to play their games, and cover the parts. If we only have one good player, and hes injured due to a friendly. We shouldnt blame TFC FO, for scheduling the game, but we should blame them for not having adequate backup in case this happens. I am fuckin upset that we still dont know how to cover our problems, they arent the problem of having midseason friendlies. They are we dont have enough players to backup someone just in case they do get injured

Nuvinho
07-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Thanks TFC FO for giving us access to the RM practice for 10 bucks though...DOUCHES !!! This one is all on you !

We save $5 on the practice, but wait til you see the price hike for next year.......10%? 15%? or should I say it......20%?

rocker
07-25-2009, 08:43 PM
almost all of our defenders have major flaws of some sort.

if we are lucky, we survive.
but those flaws get exposed and it's like the Hindenberg going down in flames.

Dub Narcotic
He does his job, no goal that simple. He can't defend, end of story. Don't make excuses for him.

It's not his responsibility to pick up that guy. It should be the CB. I'm not loving him for that play, but he only had the responsbility because the CB got sucked up and Brennan let Hejduk have his way.

H Bomb

so if jimmy does his job no goal, if dero (i think) does his job no goal....dont simplify it for your own purposes

bhoybobby
Why is it Wynne's responsbility to pick up the striker in the middle of the box? Velez should have been there, although Wynne should have come to the rescue once he saw the breakdown. Also, Brennan has to close down the cross. He just stood there and let Hejduk whip it in.

Look at the replay, for ffs, if I've gotta explain why he should have made a play there then I give up. IT'S HIS JOB. He cannot defend. Mind you he's not alone, he's got Velez with hime in that regard.

Yohan
07-25-2009, 08:44 PM
i still want to strangle velez and wynne

LVD07
We must be the worst team in the history of MLS when it comes to dropping points in the final 10 minutes.

Fucking agree with you, WHY DO THEY DO THIS TO US???

This has to be one of the most heartbreaking defeats in TFC's history.

olegunnar
The best thing too...this was columbus' B team

They were missing 3 of their 4 best players.

Louganis, Rogers and Marshall

Eastend
07-25-2009, 08:45 PM

How about that?

I'LL SECOND THAT, THE FUCKING JINX!

I think it's Dobson's fault also with all his talk of us winning this and that before the fat lady sang....

bhoybobby
07-25-2009, 08:46 PM
so if jimmy does his job no goal, if dero (i think) does his job no goal....dont simplify it for your own purposes

What an absurd comment.

Listen as a defender, your job is gonna involve bailing out other people's fuck ups. That's the nature of the beast. If you can't do that then sorry, at this level take a taxi.:scarf:

wzhxvy
07-25-2009, 08:46 PM
We dont depend on one defender, look at Columbus they rely on other players to play their games, and cover the parts. If we only have one good player, and hes injured due to a friendly. We shouldnt blame TFC FO, for scheduling the game, but we should blame them for not having adequate backup in case this happens. I am fuckin upset that we still dont know how to cover our problems, they arent the problem of having midseason friendlies. They are we dont have enough players to backup someone just in case they do get injured

No dude, sorry. The guys were dead tired out there...had zero in the tank left...dont tell me it has nothing to do with the fing friendly. Not to mention that Nana was not playing because of that stupid game or the RM game that Paul Bierne thinks he is a genius for setting up.

Banjax
07-25-2009, 08:47 PM
remind me why the hell we got nick garcia again...

Dub Narcotic
07-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Look at the replay, for ffs, if I've gotta explain why he should have made a play there then I give up. IT'S HIS JOB. He cannot defend. Mind you he's not alone, he's got Velez with hime in that regard.

I agree he made a mistake, however his mistake was only made possible by multiple mistakes made by other people not doing their JOBS (as you would say). Wynne can't bailout the entire team all the time.

H Bomb
07-25-2009, 08:48 PM
What an absurd comment.

:lol::lol::smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5: :willy_nilly:

olegunnar

He makes a stupid run to nowhere and ruins our defensive shape. There was no chance he was getting the ball
He wanders back half paying attention.
Has an oh crap moment when he sees the cross come in and we're outnumbered
Gets there just in time to put his hands on his head as the widest guy scores on an open header.

Yes other players may have got beat on the play...but Wynne's mistakes were mental and totally preventable.

OneLoveOneEric
We got undone in stoppage time by a team goal that we couldn't create in a million years.
Better team won.

rocker
I think it's Dobson's fault also with all his talk of us winning this and that before the fat lady sang....

why the hell does dobson care so much about the potential standings before the game is over? does he just need to fill the air and doesn't know what to say?

tell me that shit AFTER the goddamn game is over. focus on the action at hand.

Roogsy
07-25-2009, 08:49 PM

Agreed. It was a collective screw up. Why did Brennan give him all that space?

And where were the CBs?

And Frei was not nearly as aggressive with that cross.

I know it may not be a popular sentiment, but Frei has been very average the past few games.

I am not blaming Velez completely on this one. The whole defensive unit got poled up the wahoo.

hodgkiss
am i the only one that thinks it's not a coincidence that both the crew and nick garcia's shoes are the same colour???

billyfly
I hate Columbus and I understand why we all make fun of them but until we beat them it's all hollow, hollow, hollow.

olegunnar
I agree he made a mistake, however his mistake was only made possible by multiple mistakes made by other people not doing their JOBS (as you would say). Wynne can't bailout the entire team all the time.

he wasnt beaten by a good play...or superior skill.
he beat himself by making numerous bonehead plays in succession.

H Bomb
07-25-2009, 08:50 PM
We got undone in stoppage time by a team goal that we couldn't create in a million years.
Better team won.

any team can set that play up with all the time and space they need. It looked good because we were playing the part of the Washington Generals, to Columbus' Globetrotters

bhoybobby
It's not his responsibility to pick up that guy. It should be the CB. I'm not loving him for that play, but he only had the responsbility because the CB got sucked up and Brennan let Hejduk have his way.

WTF, not his job. Someone else misses an assignment, so, it's not my job, I'll do nothing.

Jesus H Christ, with that logic, we'll go far. Give your noggin a shake, not too hard though, the marbles might break.

Defending's a team game, he got caught watching the ball & marking no one.

Beach_Red
I know it may not be a popular sentiment, but Frei has been very average the past few games.

No, you're right. Edwards should get a few starts, he did well in the RP game.

wzhxvy
am i the only one that thinks it's not a coincidence that both the crew and nick garcia's shoes are the same colour???

Yes lol

Dub Narcotic
07-25-2009, 08:51 PM

And where were the CBs?

I am not blaming Velez completely on this one. The whole defensive unit got poled up the wahoo.

Frei is the most overrated player on the team. He should have done better on the first goal as well.

H Bomb
Oh yeah. and for those of you watching the game the back four at the end was Velez, Garcia, Serioux, Brennan.....what was that about defenders Bhoy?

OneLoveOneEric
any team can set that play up with all the time and space they need. It looked good because we were playing the part of the Washington Generals, to Columbus' Globetrotters

I used to agree, but when we're given that time and space we don't do it. Of the break, the cross, or the header, we'd fuck something up. It was such a basic goal, but so well executed.
I've never seen us look that incisive. Never.

Roogsy
First I go to the Jays game and they blow a 9-1 lead, then I walk home in the rain to come see my Toronto FC lose TO THE MOTHERFUCKING COLUMBUS CREW IN THE FUCKING 90TH MINUTE! I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS, OUR BACKLINE NEEDS SOME GODDAMN WORK! IF IT DIDN'T SHIT LIKE THIS WOULDN'T HAPPEN. Also the subs were godawful, velez for guevara? striker for striker in the dying minutes of a tie game that we didn't need to win especially on the road where points are so hard to come by for us? Shit needs to happen. NOW!

Damn that's a crappy day.

The Jays really crapped the bed today as well.

Toronto teams are killing momentum in this city.

billyfly
07-25-2009, 08:52 PM
Toronto is not good for my health.

hodgkiss
07-25-2009, 08:52 PM
is it also a coincidence that ben knight and nick garcia look the same only 200 lbs different? ben knight can't play soccer!

Gazza_55
07-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Where was Nana tonight? Please tell me he didn't get hurt vs River Plate!!

Stryker
Well I'm gonna give praise to a couple people who's performances will otherwise be forgotten as a result of the score line.
Chad Barrett - good game, provided some quality service into the box. If he can improve more on his crosses than I think he'll have found a permenant home on our RW.
Pablo Vitti - inspired ball posession with great vision. That was a great shot he unleashed but sadly it spun wide.

bhoybobby

And where were the CBs?

The poor guys gotta play behind two defenders who cannot defend, must be a real treat, Wynne & Velez are not good enough in their positions. Velez has no talent, Wynne's a good athlete, just doen't know how to play or position himself.

wzhxvy

Yes he did.

gracos
if they were dead tired, they wouldnt be able to cover those goals, lets see, we lost 3-0 to Houston, or Real Salt Lake 3-0, and those games were before the RP game, so dont fuckin blame it on the friendly, the defense could of limited to 1 to 2 goals less. I dont understand why you guys dont get that our bench and reserves should be strong enough just in case the get fatigued. We need to improve our defenders, and then we will be able to assess the friendlies as not being in the middle of the season, but also if it cant be done, then at least have adequate second team

Roogsy
07-25-2009, 08:54 PM

Nana is hurt. Got hurt in a game that did not help TFC secure a playoff spot or a Champions League spot. In other words, he got hurt for nothing.

hodgkiss
07-25-2009, 08:54 PM
yes nana is hurt he pulled a ham i think. he didn't even travel with the team!

Yohan
07-25-2009, 08:55 PM
haha. this is exactly right

if you score 2 goals on the road, you should at least take a point that game.

it's like our defence drinks collective stupid juice on defence

106-12
WE need defence and abetter and experienced caoch.And i said that before when you are playing away you have to have A.B.and C plan it happened in vancouver and now we were winning 2-1 the coach brought white and Danny D in.wrong wrong wrong wrong

billyfly
I was hoping this game would be shades of MTL Miracle. Instead it reeks of shades of Whitecaps game.

wzhxvy
07-25-2009, 08:56 PM
if they were dead tired, they wouldnt be able to cover those goals, lets see, we lost 3-0 to Houston, or Real Salt Lake 3-0, and those games were before the RP game, so dont fuckin blame it on the friendly, the defense could of limited to 1 to 2 goals less. I dont understand why you guys dont get that our bench and reserves should be strong enough just in case the get fatigued. We need to improve our defenders, and then we will be able to assess the friendlies as not being in the middle of the season, but also if it cant be done, then at least have adequate second team

Yes and we lost to other teams as well...the fact that we lost 3-0 to another team is completely different from a 3-2 loss...with the final goal in extra time. I am not debating you on whether the team needs to improve...and replace players...of course they do. My point is that the loss TODAY was based on fatigue, directly related to stupid, meaningless friendlies organized by TFC FO.

Roogsy
07-25-2009, 08:56 PM
The poor guys gotta play behind two defenders who cannot defend, must be a real treat, Wynne & Velez are not good enough in their positions. Velez has no talent, Wynne's a good athlete, just doen't know how to play or position himself.

BUt when you call one player out for mistakes, you gotta call them all out for their mistakes. Frei has been average. He's been making poor decisions on coming out, particularly tonight. Like you said in another post, defenders are supposed to make up for the muckups of the midfield. Well, guess who cleans up for defenders? Well...he didn't tonight.

DangerRed
07-25-2009, 08:57 PM
Last thought: this was a defensive failure. Anyone blaming the MLSE for somehow getting Nana injured on purpose is on crack. One man would not have changed the fuck ups of Velez and (to a lesser degree) Wynne.

hodgkiss
07-25-2009, 08:57 PM
nab i wish we could've picked up jakovic. he would have been waaaaay better and cheaper than garcia. dc, u wanna trade? 1 for 1?

kaos197O
07-25-2009, 08:58 PM
I hate it when we put Dichio in the 80-90 minute mark. Why the fuck do we do that shit when it never works?

That was a Carveresque game by Cummins tonight. Velez for Guevara had me steamed.

You, my friend, are right on that one. Gala had a great night the other night during the friendly and should have gotten the call with Jimmy going back to defend.

Looks as if Jimmy is slotted for a midfielder only role these days!

Yohan
Columbus. first in eastern conference

i think i'm going to throw up

Roogsy
Last thought: this was a defensive failure. Anyone blaming the MLSE for somehow getting Nana injured on purpose is on crack. One man would not have changed the fuck ups of Velez and (to a lesser degree) Wynne.

I disagree. The players only had 3 days off to rest. And we lost a player who has been playing solidly in defense for us.

MLSE has just as much responsibility for this loss as the back line of TFC.

Gazza_55
Nana is hurt. Got hurt in a game that did not help TFC secure a playoff spot or a Champions League spot. In other words, he got hurt for nothing.

Why are we even playing our best defender in a friendly 3 days before a top of the table clash with the reigning MLS champs? Isn't there a CB from the TFC Academy that deserves a run out?

Shakes McQueen
07-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Not much to say, except I've seen more than enough of Velez on this team. Time to shed some of the dead weight.

- Scott

jazzy

I congratulated the KKKrew on Big Soccer. We did not deserve to win tonight with another pansy-ass collapse.

BECAUSE ON DEFENSE THERE IS NO ONE ELSE......We have to start
training our youth....are old geezers arn't keeping up...even Brennan....get Gomez going

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
Yes and we lost to other teams as well...the fact that we lost 3-0 to another team is completely different from a 3-2 loss...with the final goal in extra time. I am not debating you on whether the team needs to improve...and replace players...of course they do. My point is that the loss TODAY was based on fatigue, directly related to stupid, meaningless friendlies organized by TFC FO.

A game that was brought in cause they had to fill for its SSH Packages ..cause they were to f'in cheap to inlcude the REAL GAME....! Another thread...;)

Signing off!

napoli73
I think Jimmy and Wynne should go play in this league..it is prefect for the "put your head down and run in straight lines" kinda player
http://www.wotever.co.uk/games/supersoccer_1.jpg

H Bomb
07-25-2009, 09:00 PM

Nana would have played = no Velez...and I know I'm gonna have to say it a few times but Wynee was a right winger for the last 10 minutes....pretty much once barrett came off....wasnt a defender.....wasnt the RB....wasnt his job

wzhxvy

Who said MLSE injured Nana on purpose ?? We said he was injured during a stupid friendly. And that friendly should never have happened. And Velez would not have come in if Nana was playing...so pick another player because that one does not help your argument.

Roogsy
Columbus. first in eastern conference

i think i'm going to throw up

Not just that. We gave it them.

dinminister
not sure if anyone else saw, but O'brien White was standing still for the time he was on the field and i dont think ive ever seen a slower player than him.

DowntownTO
07-25-2009, 09:01 PM
The worst part about CLB was that damn "USA! USA! USA!" chant.. Fuck I hate that BS, and wish we destroyed them 3-1 like we should have with Vitti's almost-goal...

kaos197O
07-25-2009, 09:01 PM
man you dont know stuff. The defence was 5th string. it was last resort. And how was it on Cummins? I see this and am reminded why i ignore everything you say. I'm really interested in a fleshed out responce as to how this was cummins & defence. So very random and uninformed

Wow, perhaps because we went into a defensive bubble with an attack minded TFC squad on the pitch after we took the lead! Did you see anyone other than Gerba in the Columbus half after after the second TFC goal? Did you see any TFC players challenge for the ball when Columbus came forward time and time again afterwards? We just let them come and it was obvious what the result would be.

Not so much on the D as it is on Cummins though!

PSB
07-25-2009, 09:02 PM
The problem is not just the defence its the defending midfield. They constantly allow guys to come at them forcing the defense to play deeper and deeper till the shit hits the fan. Did it against Houston in the second half and the same tonight. Same against LA, DC and Dallas. If you have any combo of Dero, vitti, guevara, barret, gerba or dichio on the field you have a real problem at the back end of the midfield because none of them do any kind of defending worth talking about. Thats not a criticism of them ...they perform their role well but there are too many in that role and not enough at the other end. TFC are crying out for a midfielder to control and organise the centre of the park especially the arse end of it but they don't and every fucking week they play there is a big hole in the middle of the park. Its a surprise they win as many games as they do. Brennan and robbo need to seriously look at themselves. Garcia has been compete shit since he arrived. Serioux is strong but can't pass a ball. Wynne and Velez are patchy and at the mom only Atta is doing anything. Thank god for Frei but its not enough.

hodgkiss
07-25-2009, 09:02 PM
i've mentioned a few times that gabe gala should get the call but there seem to be a lot of supporters that would rather not see him play. he is probably the most technical player on the team.

saw him play a few times for canada and attitude aside (he gets pissy when things don't go his way) he is fast, can cross the ball well, can step over and hit the ball well. he sould be playing the left side up front for sure. when de ro gives it his all, put gala on to close the game.

billyfly
07-25-2009, 09:03 PM
0 for 2 this week for trophies.

billyfly
07-25-2009, 09:03 PM
We need SJ to win tonight for sure.

H Bomb
07-25-2009, 09:04 PM
Wow, perhaps because we went into a defensive bubble with an attack minded TFC squad on the pitch after we took the lead! Did you see anyone other than Gerba in the Columbus half after after the second TFC goal? Did you see any TFC players challenge for the ball when Columbus came forward time and time again afterwards? We just let them come and it was obvious what the result would be.

Not so much on the D as it is on Cummins though!

im not sure why you quoted me but i agree....crews second goal had a lot to do with us sitting back and letting them take us on....then our fatigue became obvious and they scored at the last with our guys barely moving their legs.....so maybe Cummins was on the sidelines saying "BE TIRED!!!!, STOP MOVING!!!"

Roogsy
07-25-2009, 09:04 PM
Boy we missed Cronin tonight didn't we?

jazzy
07-25-2009, 09:05 PM

TRUTH SPOKEN......but we should have kept the mainstays on the field for the friendly 30 minutes tops....God knows what will happen now vs Puerto Rico.....so much for confidence

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-25-2009, 09:05 PM
not sure if anyone else saw, but O'brien White was standing still for the time he was on the field and i dont think ive ever seen a slower player than him.

Yeah, I agree. Based on what he did against River, I'm not sure why they put him in instead of Gala, who had a strong performance.

H Bomb
07-25-2009, 09:06 PM
i've mentioned a few times that gabe gala should get the call but there seem to be a lot of supporters that would rather not see him play. he is probably the most technical player on the team.

So you're his dad right? :D

I've yet to see anything from Gala that Ibby cant do better

Nuvinho
07-25-2009, 09:07 PM

Can we play Croning at RB? Robbo at CB? (gonna get shit on for saying that)

Then bring in JDG......hahaha!!!

UltraSuperMegaMo
So you're his dad right? :D

I've yet to see anything from Gala that Ibby cant do better

Cross the ball. Play as a winger. Not fall over ever few minutes.

bhoybobby
Nana would have played = no Velez...and I know I'm gonna have to say it a few times but Wynee was a right winger for the last 10 minutes....pretty much once barrett came off....wasnt a defender.....wasnt the RB....wasnt his job

What utter fucking nonsense, he's there, it's his man.

Dub Narcotic

I would sit Guevera for Cronin.

Redcoe15
We need SJ to win tonight for sure.
Good fucking luck. :prrr:

SmokedPanda
07-25-2009, 09:08 PM
June 18th, 2009.......... good times

H Bomb
07-25-2009, 09:08 PM
I hear ya, but people keep saying that Gala had a good game the other day....all i saw was a weak player without the skill set to cause any defender a real problem...I just dont rate the kid...i hope he proves me wrong

Redcoe15
07-25-2009, 09:09 PM
I've never been more pissed with this team than I am tonight. DeRo will be lucky to see the playoffs now. I'm outta here!

bhoybobby
I read some comments on here, from people whom I assume understand the game, but Jeezzus, not my man, not my job. I give up, TFC & yyou guys deserve each other.

jazzy
im not sure why you quoted me but i agree....crews second goal had a lot to do with us sitting back and letting them take us on....then our fatigue became obvious and they scored at the last with our guys barely moving their legs.....so maybe Cummins was on the sidelines saying "BE TIRED!!!!, STOP MOVING!!!"

Thats our old habit....I thought it was over...Can't help but notice teams fear us and are unbalanced when we play attack football...but when we think we can even attemp to play defensively.....a la European.....Its all over....(sic ) see Velez, Wynn, injured defense and even Brennan in the later stages

gracos
Everyone knows that San Jose wanted to clean up their salaries, and to get the rights of Ali Gerba, who can be worthwhile they gave us a player along so we could clean up their team, its a shame that he wasnt changed when he left from SJ

Shakes McQueen
Changes need to be made to our defense. If it's too late to make those serious changes this year, then we need to press Mo over the entire off-season, regardless of what the result of this season ends up being.

If we get into the playoffs, it won't be because of our defense, it will be in spite of it. Only Serioux and Attakora should be safe, as far as I'm concerned. Everyone else is expendable back there, in the right circumstances.

I can forgive bad performances, but I'm tired of the inconsistent pants-on-head retarded performances guys like Velez are putting in week after week. Garcia has had a decent performance or two, but the rest of the time, it's been completely awful.

- Scott

Dub Narcotic
07-25-2009, 09:10 PM
NE just scored. Disaster.

Beach_Red
07-25-2009, 09:11 PM
I read some comments on here, from people whom I assume understand the game, but Jeezzus, not my man, not my job. I give up, TFC & yyou guys deserve each other.

It just looks like people would like you to spread the blame around to ALL the players who screwed up.

H Bomb
What utter fucking nonsense, he's there, it's his man.

ohhhh okay so now the guy behind the attacker is considered to have missed his man....i understand now.....you just need to blame wynne so youre falling off of your previous reason for being angry and now are just blaming him "because"

at first i thought you were thinking about it, now i see that you just need to hate on wynne...hey maybe this was Mojo's fault, isnt he your usual

bhoybobby
I hear ya, but people keep saying that Gala had a good game the other day....all i saw was a weak player without the skill set to cause any defender a real problem...I just dont rate the kid...i hope he proves me wrong

He had a great game the other night, did you detach both retina's at home, or in the beer garden:facepalm:

kaos197O
07-25-2009, 09:12 PM

Ummm, I think Cummins told them to play defensively(my opinion though) and once the Crew scored they were boosted up giving them the advantage adrenaline wise. We however, as you pointed out, had a real hell of a time regaining our legs after that. Seemed we played a team defeated after giving up the second one.

The question is why did we revert to defensive play and allow them to get back in the game? Our best defense is a good offense and Cummins should have picked up on that by now!

H Bomb

its funny cause i read what you say and audibly laugh

UltraSuperMegaMo

Obviously these things are subjective and relative. One of the problems with TFC is they basically don’t have a single natural wide player and it will be too late by the time Mo adresses the issue (like last year with the forwards).

H Bomb
07-25-2009, 09:14 PM
Obviously these things are subjective and relative. One of the problems with TFC is they basically don’t have a single natural wide player and it will be too late by the time Mo adresses the issue (like last year with the forwards).

agreed about the winger, although i think Chad Barrett might have found his position.

bhoybobby
07-25-2009, 09:14 PM
ohhhh okay so now the guy behind the attacker is considered to have missed his man....i understand now.....you just need to blame wynne so youre falling off of your previous reason for being angry and now are just blaming him "because"

at first i thought you were thinking about it, now i see that you just need to hate on wynne...hey maybe this was Mojo's fault, isnt he your usual

You're clearly not playing with a regulation deck of cards. I've said many times Marvells a good athlete, he just can't defend or make good positioning decisions. I don't hate Wynne.

I have an intense dislike of trying to explain basis football awareness to the likes of you:scarf:

hodgkiss
07-25-2009, 09:15 PM

lol. thank god im not the only one...

ibby shouldn't even be with this team. he is a waste of a player slot.

Dub Narcotic
07-25-2009, 09:15 PM
You're clearly not playing with a regulation deck of cards. I've said many times Marvells a good athlete, he just can't defend or make good decisions. I don't hate Wynne.

I have an intense dislike of trying to explain basis football awareness to the likes of you:scarf:

Quit the personal attacks already. You have your opinion, other people have theirs.

Dub Narcotic
07-25-2009, 09:16 PM
lol. thank god im not the only one...

ibby shouldn't even be with this team. he is a waste of a player slot.

Agreed. The problem with Ibrahim is that he doesn't seem to be improving. There's no way he gets protected in the expansion draft.

H Bomb

I my intense dislike is having to listen to the likes of you who honestly believe they know shit when they've just spent 15 minutes proving they dont....Now you're going on my ignore list....look forward to seeing you quoted on the next hate on Mojo thread....hater..

Nuvinho
Agreed. The problem with Ibrahim is that he doesn't seem to be improving. There's no way he gets protected in the expansion draft.

He is GA, automatically protected.

Shakes McQueen
07-25-2009, 09:17 PM
Quit the personal attacks already. You have your opinion, other people have theirs.

Saved me the time of saying it. I'm getting tired of his one-trick pony routine of accusing whoever he disagrees with of clearly not understanding the game.

Every. Single. Fucking. Time.

It's like some people are incapable of disagreeing on matters of personal perception, without being colossal assholes about it.

- Scott

H Bomb
07-25-2009, 09:18 PM

no worries dude, i prefer them personal :canada:, thanks though

bhoybobby
07-25-2009, 09:19 PM
lmao, toys just got tossed out the stroller. I've forgot more about football than a few of the children here. But knock yourselves out, I'm sure Mlse loves ya for it

Shakes McQueen
07-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Alright, I'm out. Too annoyed about tonight's result, and participating in this thread is like standing in an echo chamber of hate and depression. :D

- Scott

Nuvinho
07-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Does this lose, force Mo to make another rash trade? or signing? does he push JDG to sign?

TFC USA
07-25-2009, 09:21 PM
I think we need to face the fact that our team is not that intelligent. The mindless tackles we make are batshit insane. Passing to the other team lazily is common. The marking is embarrassing on set plays and this team collapses like a ton of bricks whenever they are trying to play for a one goal win.

Wynne, Velez, and in a sense Robbo epitomize this.

Hitcho
07-25-2009, 09:21 PM
Three things fucked us tonight:

1. playing that FUCKING FRIENDLY and losing team fitness and Nana as a result;

2. Vitti's shot being pushed onto the post by some fucker who claims to be a fair and merciful god; and

3. Velez getting turned like a swing gate for the KKK's second goal.

Their third goal was just class, alothough someone should have been on old man Hejduk and the marking in the box was poor, but still, great goal and especially in stoppage time.

I put this one totally down to the FO. If we'd had the week off and not lost Nana, we quite possibly would have won tonight. We've been fucked by our own side.

FO listen up, and for fuck's sake listen well - you wanna make $$$ and boost interest in the media to make more $$$, then WIN THE FUCKING LEAGUE. You keep pulling shit like this and no-one's gonna give a shit about this team in the GTA, whether you whore yourselves to real madrid or not.

H Bomb
07-25-2009, 09:22 PM
I like it^^

not about Vitti MOM, the one above it....Vitti wasnt M of anything. I love the guy but he doesnt bring enough tangible quality to the team. Lots of great runs, very little comes out of it

napoli73
07-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Vitti was MOTM...even thou it doesn't show on the score sheet. He is the only player that has the sense to move off the ball...he passes and the moves to get position, the main reason we suck at ball possession is that we have very little movement and creativity.

jazzy
07-25-2009, 09:23 PM
The problem is not just the defence its the defending midfield. They constantly allow guys to come at them forcing the defense to play deeper and deeper till the shit hits the fan. Did it against Houston in the second half and the same tonight. Same against LA, DC and Dallas. If you have any combo of Dero, vitti, guevara, barret, gerba or dichio on the field you have a real problem at the back end of the midfield because none of them do any kind of defending worth talking about. Thats not a criticism of them ...they perform their role well but there are too many in that role and not enough at the other end. TFC are crying out for a midfielder to control and organise the centre of the park especially the arse end of it but they don't and every fucking week they play there is a big hole in the middle of the park. Its a surprise they win as many games as they do. Brennan and robbo need to seriously look at themselves. Garcia has been compete shit since he arrived. Serioux is strong but can't pass a ball. Wynne and Velez are patchy and at the mom only Atta is doing anything. Thank god for Frei but its not enough.

What games do U watch...DeRo is constantly up and down and blocked a suberb cross...Vitti and Chad, do their part, Serioux has no fear but is very injured and fearless and doesn't just give up and kick the ball back 50 yards to the opponent and..who replaces him? Gerba as the only striker is not supposed to be on defense yada yada.....

gracos
07-25-2009, 09:23 PM
We might be in need of making our Interim Coach to be placed down a level and place a new Coach should come in, Stephen Hart, if Canada refuses to sign why should we pass upon excellence.

Beach_Red
07-25-2009, 09:24 PM
Does this lose, force Mo to make another rash trade? or signing? does he push JDG to sign?

Well it certainly means his phone will be tied up with calls from other teams and agents offering all kinds of defenders with wonky knees.

Dub Narcotic
07-25-2009, 09:25 PM
Julius James almost scores, Reis tips it over. Injury time... Bad result for TFC it it holds, NE 1-0 Houston.

kitchener-TFC
07-25-2009, 09:25 PM
This loss has got to be the most painful one we've had this season.

kaos197O
07-25-2009, 09:26 PM
Julius James almost scores, Reis tips it over. Injury time... Bad result for TFC it it holds, NE 1-0 Houston.

Hahahaha that's funny......

Julius James usually costs his team games..........

PSB
07-25-2009, 09:26 PM
I've forgot more about football than a few of the children here.

Yeah right. By watching celtic BHOY?

Dub Narcotic
07-25-2009, 09:27 PM
NE wins...

gracos
07-25-2009, 09:30 PM
i was hopin for a different type of season, but i think we will be bottomfeeders again in the standings

Beach_Red
07-25-2009, 09:32 PM
i was hopin for a different type of season, but i think we will be bottomfeeders again in the standings

No, this is MLS, it's way too early to say that.

jazzy
07-25-2009, 09:33 PM
I think we need to face the fact that our team is not that intelligent. The mindless tackles we make are batshit insane. Passing to the other team lazily is common. The marking is embarrassing on set plays and this team collapses like a ton of bricks whenever they are trying to play for a one goal win.

Wynne, Velez, and in a sense Robbo epitomize this.

Not Bad.....smart...wheres the youth vitality and attack

Yohan
07-25-2009, 09:34 PM
On one positive note, Kei Kamara no longer has a ridiculous tomahawk for hair

he just slicked it back

napoli73
07-25-2009, 09:35 PM
I like it^^

not about Vitti MOM, the one above it....Vitti wasnt M of anything. I love the guy but he doesnt bring enough tangible quality to the team. Lots of great runs, very little comes out of it

Thats because we don't have enough of players that do it, thats why we play "hot patato football", thats why we are the easiest team in the league to defend against. If we spread the ball around the pitch with movement and passing the other team is gonna get tired of pressing the man on the ball because he will move the ball...right now teams are pressing the ball carrier and it exposes our lack of skill. If we move the ball and move off the ball they get tired of chasing.

gracos
07-25-2009, 09:38 PM
short passes win a game, half the game the ball was being kicked in the air, and no not by the goalkeeper, but by the players, the best way to control the tempo of the game is holding possession

Short Passes ------> Possesion
Possession---------> Shots
Shots-------------->Goals
Goals-------------->Wins
Wins--------------->Championships

TFC USA
07-25-2009, 09:38 PM
We won't be bottomfeeders.

But....

These are the number of times we've given up at least a draw this season alone in the final 20 minutes of the match.

vs. FC Dallas - 1-1

@ FC Dallas - 3-2

@ DC United - 3-3

vs. LA Galaxy - 2-1

vs. Houston - 1-1

@ KKKrew - 3-2

And by my count we did the same thing 5 times all of the last regular season.

You tell me this isn't a recurring problem.

H Bomb
07-25-2009, 09:39 PM
you might be right...but with our players styles, Dero is a skill guy, but more attacking, more willing to lose the ball. Then lots of athletes, except Guevara (who plays great with Vitti). I dont think he'll fit in with this team unless we change 4 starters...and that's not necesary

PSB
07-25-2009, 09:40 PM
What games do U watch...DeRo is constantly up and down and blocked a suberb cross...Vitti and Chad, do their part, Serioux has no fear but is very injured and fearless and doesn't just give up and kick the ball back 50 yards to the opponent and..who replaces him? Gerba as the only striker is not supposed to be on defense yada yada.....

I actually don't know what you are on about here. I never said anything regarding Barret, Vitti, Dero in the roles they excel in. And i said Serioux was strong but can't pass. He should perhaps try and get rid of the ball to someone who can pass (see Roy Keane as an example of that). Vitti, Dero and Barrett should not be employed in defense or running up and down like idiots. Dero is physically drained at the end of every game trying to do too much instead of playing to his strengths and where he is needed.( And he looks more pissed off with every passing game too) Barrett and Vitti are similar. Use them at set pieces for defence but not aimlessly running up and down the park. If you have a goalkeeper and 4 defenders and 2 defending midfielders you should be more than capable of defending against 3-5 attackers without having attackers running back 90 yards for nothing other than to look like they are busy. Its all about organisation and whatever you think about what i think, its pretty obvious that there is no organisation in the middle of the park for TFC

gracos
The only team i see ourselves being ahead is the NYRB, other than that we might as well be bottomfeeders

H Bomb
short passes win a game, half the game the ball was being kicked in the air, and no not by the goalkeeper, but by the players, the best way to control the tempo of the game is holding possession

Short Passes ------> Possesion
Possession---------> Shots
Shots-------------->Goals
Goals-------------->Wins
Wins--------------->Championships

thats not true...it was obviosu from about the 30th minute that Cummins had said something as there were very very few long balls of any type after that

v00d00daddy
07-25-2009, 09:42 PM
You're right...it's not necesary if you're content with the way TFC play soccer.

I for one am not.

The minute we moved away from playing possession ball we looked like boys amongst men.

Enough with the bullshit 80's football and lets move forward.

Get rid of players who won't play within the possession system.

If you want to hoof the ball up field....fine....just be prepared to sit on the bench while the front office finds a way to get rid of you....

I hope Jimmy B, Wynne and Robbo read this.

I'm so pissed right now.

sampace
07-25-2009, 09:43 PM
To me midfield posession is the weekness of this team. It needs to be better, otherwise a goalscorer like Gerba is lost without better service from his team. Personally, when Guevera is on his game he is decent at defending. De Rosario tries hard, but like the first goal, where he wiffed on his last ditch clearance attempt, followed by a shadow (can't remember who the 2nd TFC player was that missed clearing the ball), he is not solid defending. By the way, although Frei played a decent game, thought he should of got enough of the ball on the first goal to stop it, it was not hit with a lot of pace.

v00d00daddy
07-25-2009, 09:43 PM
thats not true...it was obviosu from about the 30th minute that Cummins had said something as there were very very few long balls of any type after that

maybe..but when you bring on Danny Dichio you know what you're getting.

it's as if the guys can't help but punt the ball up to him.

it's got to stop if TFC are ever going to be successful.

H Bomb
07-25-2009, 09:46 PM
You're right...it's not necesary if you're content with the way TFC play soccer.

I for one am not.

The minute we moved away from playing possession ball we looked like boys amongst men.

Enough with the bullshit 80's football and lets move forward.

Get rid of players who won't play within the possession system.

If you want to hoof the ball up field....fine....just be prepared to sit on the bench while the front office finds a way to get rid of you....

I'm so pissed right now.

im not a huge fan of the continental game as we see it today. Boring and doesnt have enough to do with putting the ball in the net for me. But thats simply taste and opinion. But this team has a bunch of points, and about 2 hours ago were looking good in the east. So not much needs to change for us to succeed. We need to not have to play Velez, and also need to not waste the possesion we do get. What I'm saying is this team wont play argentinian football, becuase they arent built to exist in tight spaces, they are built to break free of tight spaces....I love Vittis grit and endevour but I cant see him sticking around

backbeat
07-25-2009, 09:46 PM
I like it^^

that's because we have NO-ONE that can do fucking anything with what he brings!!

geeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

he's far and away the BEST quality on the pitch bar NONE!

and as for JDG taking his sweet fucking time well go ahead

but it's about time TFC had the balls to say

TIME'S UP

we have to get on with it and stop letting the season go by while he makes up his mind

love him and love to have him but enough is FUCKING enough

i'm sick of it

Beach_Red
07-25-2009, 09:47 PM

It was great that Jimmy B and Robbo were willing to come play on an expansion team, but you're right, it's time the team moved past its expansion mentality.

H Bomb
07-25-2009, 09:47 PM
And I've said from the beginning of the season, we go as Amado Guevara goes. Dero is more exciting, and scores more goals, but Amado seems to have a lot to do with our success as a team. When he's good we win, when he's not/absent we dont. I havent tested this theory with info yet...I will to see if i'm right or not

kaos197O
07-25-2009, 09:48 PM
followed by a shadow (can't remember who the 2nd TFC player was that missed clearing the ball),

That would have been an out of position Serioux!

H Bomb
07-25-2009, 09:50 PM
that's because we have NO-ONE that can do fucking anything with what he brings!!

geeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

he's far and away the BEST quality on the pitch bar NONE!

hes the best dribbler on the team no doubt,....but dribbling isnt football, it's dribbling. He, for me, doesnt create enough goal scoring opportunities

backbeat
07-25-2009, 09:54 PM
hes the best dribbler on the team no doubt,....but dribbling isnt football, it's dribbling. He, for me, doesnt create enough goal scoring opportunities

he creates goal scoring opportunities every single game - re-watch them - he did this game as well

we get rid of vitti and our management is fucked - that's all i have to say

kaos197O
07-25-2009, 09:55 PM

Yeah but he does attract a lot of attention. He had 3 sometimes 4 guys on him at times tonight, but no one was getting into space.

v00d00daddy
07-25-2009, 09:55 PM
im not a huge fan of the continental game as we see it today. Boring and doesnt have enough to do with putting the ball in the net for me. But thats simply taste and opinion. But this team has a bunch of points, and about 2 hours ago were looking good in the east. So not much needs to change for us to succeed. We need to not have to play Velez, and also need to not waste the possesion we do get. What I'm saying is this team wont play argentinian football, becuase they arent built to exist in tight spaces, they are built to break free of tight spaces....I love Vittis grit and endevour but I cant see him sticking around

That's fine but if that's the case then I will quickly lose the desire to watch this team any more.

If TFC are content on building towards playing any style that doesn't incoporate possession football then I won't be watching them.

Plain and simple.

Soccer is meant to be played with the ball at your feet. Plain and simple.

The only reason teams deviate from that is because they can't pull it off.

It looked as if TFC were going to be one of the first in MLS to really push towards a South American game but maybe it's not to be.

If I wanted to watch guys who can run fast and jump high I would be watching the NBA.

TFC USA
07-25-2009, 09:56 PM
August is our season.

If we can't beat New England, DC, Chivas, and Seattle, then we're done.

At a minimum I want 7 points.

H Bomb
this game i cant fault him...after that we'll have to let our ideas differ

sampace
So what is the solution guys? Most of us agree that our weakness is keeping possession. I was impressed with how well Team Canada did with their younger players at holding onto the ball (even though they did not finish well against Hondorus). How can we bring that style of play here, while we have the ilkes of Velez, Garcia, Brennan, Wynne, and Robinsion (who in my opinion lack pace which is probably why we play long ball instead)? We can't replace 4 starting players this late in teh season! Also, I do not know why we didn't bring Ibrahim in instead of White, White seemed to lack pace and look lost (I know he is recovering but we needed a goal when he came in put someone who is better able to help, even Gala would of been a better substitute)!

H Bomb
07-25-2009, 09:58 PM
That's fine but if that's the case then I will quickly lose the desire to watch this team any more.

If TFC are content on building towards playing any style that doesn't incoporate possession football then I won't be watching them.

Plain and simple.

Soccer is meant to be played with the ball at your feet. Plain and simple.

The only reason teams deviate from that is because they can't pull it off.

It looked as if TFC were going to be one of the first in MLS to really push towards a South American game but maybe it's not to be.

If I wanted to watch guys who can run fast and jump high I would be watching the NBA.

weeeeellllll, I dunno. Its fine if you want that, but possession is a byproduct of skill. I prefer an agressive style of football. One that consists of 10-15 decent chances to score, over 3-6 very good chances in a slow build up game. Football was MEANT to be a game where people kick a ball into a goal, nothing more/less

and DC has been a SA style, lots of MLS clubs do....America thinks soccer = brazil and while thats not terrible, its also missing some great stuff

kaos197O
07-25-2009, 09:58 PM
So what is the solution guys?

ATTACK EVEN WHEN WE HAVE THE LEAD!

napoli73
07-25-2009, 09:59 PM
In the end we were missing Cronin, very important player in the midfield, Guevara off hurt, and Nana. If we had these guy its a different TFC.

v00d00daddy
07-25-2009, 10:01 PM

also...just imagine if GBS had played. how much worse would we have looked?

I appreciate that you don't like the "continental" game but that's the way soccer is supposed to be played. It's too easy to neutralize playing any other style unless you have a stacked team.

If TFC had stuck to their strenghts they would have been fine. Instead, they decided to bring on Dichio and hope that their lead would hold up.

Guess what...it didn't work.

ps..,this is all in good fun and I don't mean to offend...we miss your flag in 115 :canada:

sampace
07-25-2009, 10:03 PM
How does adding Sando Grande look now? He might of slapped some of our players silly after that performance, that is what I call leadership, which is lacking on this team!

H Bomb
07-25-2009, 10:06 PM
also...just imagine if GBS had played. how much worse would we have looked?

I appreciate that you don't like the "continental" game but that's the way soccer is supposed to be played. It's too easy to neutralize playing any other style unless you have a stacked team.

If TFC had stuck to their strenghts they would have been fine. Instead, they decided to bring on Dichio and hope that their lead would hold up.

Guess what...it didn't work.

ps..,this is all in good fun and I don't mean to offend...we miss your flag in 115 :canada:

oh no, no offense taken...i disagree with the continental game being the way the game should be played...its a bit of a pussy game for me....I'd like England Germany and Holland to all fuck and have 11 ultra children with Bobby Moores at the back, Beckinbauers leading the ball into the midfield, and Cryuff taking over from there.

My flag was stolen at Joes. I imagine i'll give yall something else to shout about before the end of the season though :D

jloome
07-25-2009, 10:13 PM
Ratings:
Frei: 5 - Not very commanding in the box. had one nice punch. Should've challenged that last ball.

Wynne - 5 - Penetrated well upfield, allowed too much space behind him as usual. Wasn't at fault for the last goal, as he was tracking back from midfield, where he played after Velez slotted in on right, but looked close to the play due to his speed.

Velez - 4- Burned badly on the second goal by Lenhart, who just outstrode him. Out of position repeatedly, challenged late, was easily turned.

Serioux - 5 - A battler, but seems fragile as hell. His misplayed tackle allowed the space to open up for the first goal.

Brennan - 6 - worked hard all night, put some dangerous balls into the box, tracked back well.

Garcia - 5 - Was outhustled and outmuscled all night. Garey schooled him several times and beat him to two headers he had position on.

Vitti - 6.5 - Good movement, great cannon of a shot in the 72nd that almost salted the game, broke the double-team half-field trap for TFC several times.

Robbo - 4.5 - Missed several tackles, was lucky not to get a red and sprayed balls anywhere but at the guy he was aiming for. Shambolic performance for about half, anonymous for the rest.

Guevara - N/A - Went out too quickly to judge.

Derosario - 7 - Gave the crew fits. Wasn't perfect but was among the best players on the pitch all night, came inside dangerously.

Barrett - 7 - Very dangerous movement tonight and unlucky not to have a goal and another assist. That handball was pretty blatant.

Gerba - 7 - Great movement, hung off his defender's shoulder, tracked back into the midfield to add defensive pressure. Looked good.

O'Brien White - n/a - Didn't get enough touches to really rate .Movement looked pretty good.

Danny Dichio - 5 - Nodded a few balls down but didn't make much of an impact.

zamperina
07-25-2009, 10:13 PM
As everyone has pointed out our defence is weak. I have to agree with Shakes that only Serioux & Nana should be the only ones that stay...

Also I think our lack of depth is at the level of year one with the losses of Smith & Ricketts. I too was mad when Velez was subed in for Guevara but honestly what other options does he have? Some might say we should have brought in Gala since he played decently in the Friendly. Obviously Cummins has no faith in this guy.

Columbus on the other hand had 4 of there best players out and still fielded a good team. Their depth showed when they brought in Ekpo & Moffat, the former took over the midfield and got them the win.

Yohan
07-25-2009, 10:17 PM
Columbus on the other hand had 4 of there best players out and still fielded a good team. Their depth showed when they brought in Ekpo & Moffat, the former took over the midfield and got them the win.
Moffat is just coming off the injury and was not 100% match fit

our crapulent defence made garey and big bird look like all stars

Gixmo
07-25-2009, 10:17 PM
Frei is the most overrated player on the team. He should have done better on the first goal as well.

I disagree..

As a GK, you can be only be subjected to a firing squad so many times before you crack. You will also always look the worst. I've played on teams before that concede 15-20 quality scoring chances per game. I've been lit up like a christmas tree on occasion. No one remembers the dozen or so saves, just the 2 or 3 'question marks' that got past me. Life of a 'Keeper

Goal 1 : Ball is in the net, and Nick Garcia is rubbing his back. Why, easy - Nick Garcia is a better door then a window and blocked out Stefan - GK's worst nightmare. Nick Garcia seems to enjoy being a door more often then not. As a former captain, his skill is lacking. Very slow.. It also doesn't help he found it necessary to sit on the floor waving his legs around.

Goal 3 : Yes, could have come out but sat back, Wynne should have been there. If Stefan goes up for that ball, 50/50 as it is in injury time, he will be taken out in mid-air is on the floor. He was served up on a platter by Marvell Wynne. Marvell knew it, see reaction.

Average is harsh - Stefan has been the most consistent of the bunch all year long...

TFC07
07-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Forget about using DP on a striker or attacking midfielder; use it on a defender instead. Our backline is horrible (with exception of Nana). Serioux is a natural defensive mid, not a CB. Robbo is garbage and I don't understand why people don't see this. He should be benched! Same can be said about Jimmy B. Velez is a scrub. My hate for Wynne just keeps on growing. Garcia should just pack his bags and go home. He is useless out there.

Our mids need to do a better job of supporting Ali G (he does very good job of holding onto the ball).

Why do we always play long-ball espeically when we have the lead? Coaching staff should be worried about this unless they're the ones telling players to play that way.

KillSwitch
07-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Bottom line... anything inside the 6 yard box is the keepers' ball. If you ask Fry he will say it's my fault. He stopped , allowing the header. If he keeps going hard on the cross the game is a draw. There were some good things though. Gerba looked good. Timing will be the key with Barrett. It will come no question. Very unfortunate finish to say the least but not a total loss aside from the missed point

zamperina
07-25-2009, 10:23 PM
My question is does our FO have the balls to cut Brennan & Robbo?

Answer = NO!

Tezza
07-25-2009, 10:24 PM
Wynne is useless as a defender and Velez got schooled by the Greatest American Hero. TFC is kidding themselves if they think Winsper is doing a great job. We have very few players that have 90 minutes in them.

TFC07
07-25-2009, 10:27 PM
Wynne is useless as a defender and Velez got schooled by the Greatest American Hero. TFC is kidding themselves if they think Winsper is doing a great job. We have very few players that have 90 minutes in them.

Good thing you bring this up. I always laugh at all people who praise Winsper. He is overrated! Crew looked more energized than TFC who supposedly have one of the greatest fitness instructor. :facepalm:

zamperina

I can't stop laughing at the Greatest American Hero comment :)

Beach_Red

Answer = NO!

That's the Toronto problem. Fan favourites. This city like a guy, he's golden. One of the things that ruins the Leafs, too.

v00d00daddy
07-25-2009, 10:29 PM

Answer = NO!

hahaha....are you kiddding?

I'm with you but there would be a revolt amongst the all the sheep in the crowd.

I've said it before....Robbo, Brennan and Wynne were amongst our best in year one.

Now, in year 3, TFC have amassed enough talent to expose that these three have so little skill, it's scary. To sum them up each in word:

Brennan: Heart
Robbo: Leadership
Wynne: Altheticism

To sum them up as a whole:

3 guys who have no idea what to do when a soccer ball is at their feet...and isn't that the point of this fucking game?

They're all "feel good" guys but they're holding this team back right now.

billyfly
07-25-2009, 10:30 PM
I know that Yohan said he hates God but I think its the other way around - God hates us. No other explanation.

zamperina
07-25-2009, 10:30 PM
My question is why did this team get rid of Dunivant while we still have Velez?

Was it a salary cap issue?

Yohan
07-25-2009, 10:31 PM
Good thing you bring this up. I always laugh at all people who praise Winsper. He is overrated! Crew looked more energized than TFC who supposedly have one of the greatest fitness instructor. :facepalm:

the Crew also had a good fitness coach. one who is apparently good enough to get hired by Everton this week

the crew haven't played 7 days prior to this match, while TFC was playing 3rd game in 7 days

I'm not trying to make excuses, but there is more info that needs to be looked at then simple generalizing statement

Yohan
07-25-2009, 10:32 PM
I know that Yohan said he hates God but I think its the other way around - God hates us. No other explanation.
I guess god hated Mtl more in june eh? ;)

billyfly
07-25-2009, 10:33 PM
The Lord works in mysterious ways. Who knows the mind of God?

zamperina
07-25-2009, 10:34 PM
hahaha....are you kiddding?

I'm with you but there would be a revolt amongst the all the sheep in the crowd.

I've said it before....Robbo, Brennan and Wynne were amongst our best in year one.

Now, in year 3, TFC have amassed enough talent to expose that these three have so little skill, it's scary. To sum them up each in word:

Brennan: Heart
Robbo: Leadership
Wynne: Altheticism

To sum them up as a whole:

3 guys who have no idea what to do when a soccer ball is at their feet...and isn't that the point of this fucking game?

They're all "feel good" guys but they're holding this team back right now.

No I'm not kidding...I don't really care about fan favourites nor should the FO. I agree with all your points though so I guess a comprimise would be to make these guys our subs since we have no depth.

v00d00daddy
07-25-2009, 10:37 PM
No I'm not kidding...I don't really care about fan favourites nor should the FO. I agree with all your points though so I guess a comprimise would be to make these guys our subs since we have no depth.

I would love to see those guys as subs but I fear that I wouldn't be able to see the play during the next home game due to all the banners and "two sticks" in protest. :rolleyes:

Once Cronin comes back I think Robbo should sit for a game.....or 10. Then we'll see if we really need him that much.

zamperina
07-25-2009, 10:40 PM
I would love to see those guys as subs but I fear that I wouldn't be able to see the play during the next home game due to all the banners and "two sticks" in protest. :rolleyes:

Once Cronin comes back I think Robbo should sit for a game.....or 10. Then we'll see if we really need him that much.

Agreed. These guys would also have to take a pay cut next year if they want to remain with the team as all 3 make big contracts by MLS standards.

Sullivan
07-25-2009, 10:40 PM
With the restriction to roster size, MLS teams will struggle on short weeks.
And with Mo tinkering with the roster, we only have 21 players on our list;
and one isn't age eligible to play until Aug 1! White is recovering from
major knee surgery. And Cronin is away on National team duty.
That said, the RP game hurt TFC tonight.
Yes, Nana could have easily been hurt during training, but he wasn't.
Our squad played very tired tonight.

Mo's contribution isn't contributing to a constructive run to the playoffs!

It's becoming apparent to me that TFC doesn't know how to defend a lead
or protect a result. You play to the strength of your roster, which tonight
was attack and pressure, not retreat and surrender 2/3s of the field. You
also need to be inside and goalside when marking man-to-man.
However, Cummins decides that Wynne & Velez are fine at the back.
Neither won a ball in the air all match, and both got torched and turned
1v1 more times than I care to review. Robo plays short negative hospital
balls through the middle third all night; puts too many teammates
under pressure, and possession is lost. Unnecessarily!

When Robo and Brennan go forward, long, possession is lost; given
(kicked) away (exception once for Brennan in 2nd half). Our first touch is
atrocious, especially for a team that supposedly trains everyday -
exception is Vitti. Possession dictates the flow of play!

Cummins instructions are either inappropriate, not clear or are not being followed!

Guevara should have been replaced by Gala, not Velez; Wynn moves up wide, Gala goes outside back.
Gerba should have been subbed earlier, by Dicio.
White isn't anywhere near being 100%, why was he even considered. Velez could have been given a run
either up front or at the back; and if the plan was sit back, Gomez could have been brought in.

Poor substitutions hurt the cause tonight.

Overall, many players had poor efforts tonight.
ProZone summaries will not be kind to many of the starting XI.
Failed short passess; failed medium passess; failed long passess; challenges lost; passess intercepted;
failed corner kicks; turnovers on throw ins; ....

Wynne pretty much confirms his inability to read and respond on the fly.
Velez under pressure is a HUGE liability.
Lack of dominance in the air in the defending third.
The number of times in which players left their feet and missed the ball, the tackle, the man.... is very disturbing.

Seems we've got some players intent on playing their way off the roster, and it's only July!

Finally, our 1st touch was often our last touch; exception Vitti!!!

Dub Narcotic
07-25-2009, 10:41 PM
So what is the solution guys? Most of us agree that our weakness is keeping possession. I was impressed with how well Team Canada did with their younger players at holding onto the ball (even though they did not finish well against Hondorus). How can we bring that style of play here, while we have the ilkes of Velez, Garcia, Brennan, Wynne, and Robinsion (who in my opinion lack pace which is probably why we play long ball instead)? We can't replace 4 starting players this late in teh season! Also, I do not know why we didn't bring Ibrahim in instead of White, White seemed to lack pace and look lost (I know he is recovering but we needed a goal when he came in put someone who is better able to help, even Gala would of been a better substitute)!

This loss sucked, but I think it's foolish to hit the panic button. We were unlucky to lose against a very good team that never loses at home. We got tired in the last fifteen minutes due to a stupid friendly and had some defensive screwups involving a fourth choice center back. This team is a marginal playoff team, and it will depend on getting some bounces to get into the postseason, but I thought it was a decent performance tonight, despite the loss.

sampace
07-25-2009, 10:43 PM
Didn't TFC get rid of Sutton? Although he was not a fan favourite per say, I think that when the time comes those three will be gone, perhaps in the off season.

Yohan
07-25-2009, 10:45 PM
This loss sucked, but I think it's foolish to hit the panic button. We were unlucky to lose against a very good team that never loses at home. We got tired in the last fifteen minutes due to a stupid friendly and had some defensive screwups involving a fourth choice center back. This team is a marginal playoff team, and it will depend on getting some bounces to get into the postseason, but I thought it was a decent performance tonight, despite the loss.
thank goodness someone is optimistic, because I sure ain't

if Crew fielded all of their first team tonight, we would have lost 6-2 or something. understand that Iro, Brunner, Oughton, Lenhart, Garey are NOT first team players for Columbus

it was a pathetic game, except for few isolate patches.

did anyone else notice that TFC only fielded 6 subs for the game? :picard:

zamperina
07-25-2009, 10:45 PM
Didn't TFC get rid of Sutton? Although he was not a fan favourite per say, I think that when the time comes those three will be gone, perhaps in the off season.

Agreed.

napoli73
07-25-2009, 10:47 PM
I think Vitti playing behind Ali G would work well. Dero, Guevara, Cronin are locks in the mid, Robbo needs to sit because he is scared if the ball....sometimes i think he should be playing central defense instead and have someone else take his place.

TFCmatty
07-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Our back four are shyte, simple. Caught out of position so many times, careless balls forward, poor marking, SLOW.

Our mids and strikers gave us the opportunity to win, scoring twice away at columbus is no easy feat, and Frei was decent in goal once again. BUT OUR GODDAM BACK LINE IS A JOKE!

bgnewf
07-25-2009, 10:52 PM
Dare I say it but look a the replay of the last goal.....Velez was not the problem, our Captain was!

Brennan had a chance to stick in and prevent that open cross going in, and he did what he did all fucking night long which was not get his nose in and close down opponents when he had the chance to. He laid off the Crew player and he got a good cross in that would have been hard for any MLS defender to have dealt with.

I lay this loss squarely at the feet of our captain.

Tonight at The Duke I wore a TFC t-shirt with Brennan's name and number on the back. I think it is going to be a good while before I wear it again.

And to Chris Cummins, I would love to hear how he thought bringing in White when he did rather than Dichio was the right move, and for that matter when he did bring Danny on why he thought taking off Gerba was the smart play.

Cummins and Brennan cost us three points tonight lads. Just great with arguably the largest game in club history coming up in four days.

As we say in Newfoundland..." I AM FUCKING ROTTED"

napoli73
07-25-2009, 10:55 PM
With the restriction to roster size, MLS teams will struggle on short weeks.
And with Mo tinkering with the roster, we only have 21 players on our list;
and one isn't age eligible to play until Aug 1! White is recovering from
major knee surgery. And Cronin is away on National team duty.
That said, the RP game hurt TFC tonight.
Yes, Nana could have easily been hurt during training, but he wasn't.
Our squad played very tired tonight.

Mo's contribution isn't contributing to a constructive run to the playoffs!

It's becoming apparent to me that TFC doesn't know how to defend a lead
or protect a result. You play to the strength of your roster, which tonight
was attack and pressure, not retreat and surrender 2/3s of the field. You
also need to be inside and goalside when marking man-to-man.
However, Cummins decides that Wynne & Velez are fine at the back.
Neither won a ball in the air all match, and both got torched and turned
1v1 more times than I care to review. Robo plays short negative hospital
balls through the middle third all night; puts too many teammates
under pressure, and possession is lost. Unnecessarily!

When Robo and Brennan go forward, long, possession is lost; given
(kicked) away (exception once for Brennan in 2nd half). Our first touch is
atrocious, especially for a team that supposedly trains everyday -
exception is Vitti. Possession dictates the flow of play!

Cummins instructions are either inappropriate, not clear or are not being followed!

Guevara should have been replaced by Gala, not Velez; Wynn moves up wide, Gala goes outside back.
Gerba should have been subbed earlier, by Dicio.
White isn't anywhere near being 100%, why was he even considered. Velez could have been given a run
either up front or at the back; and if the plan was sit back, Gomez could have been brought in.

Poor substitutions hurt the cause tonight.

Overall, many players had poor efforts tonight.
ProZone summaries will not be kind to many of the starting XI.
Failed short passess; failed medium passess; failed long passess; challenges lost; passess intercepted;
failed corner kicks; turnovers on throw ins; ....

Wynne pretty much confirms his inability to read and respond on the fly.
Velez under pressure is a HUGE liability.
Lack of dominance in the air in the defending third.
The number of times in which players left their feet and missed the ball, the tackle, the man.... is very disturbing.

Seems we've got some players intent on playing their way off the roster, and it's only July!

Finally, our 1st touch was often our last touch; exception Vitti!!!

This is the best post...pretty much sums it all up.

ag futbol
07-25-2009, 10:56 PM
Now that you mention it, i definately noticed we were gassed after about 65 minutes or so. Winsper could be one factor but the others i'd consider would be:

1) Did bunkering kill our energy? (takes more energy to defend than attack) In this case i honestly thought we attacked all out until we became too tired to do anything but defend, which brings me to the next point ....

2) Did our subs do absolutely nothing and just compound the problem? I'd have to answer yes. Although there really isn't much meat on the bench. The main problem was our mid had run all game and lost it's shape. Subbing barrett was fine (as we were playing 4-5-1) but OBW didn't have much impact imo. Dichio also didn't accomplish much. What we needed was guys to suck up space to defend and counter quickly when we had the ball. IMO none of the second half subs accomplished that.

Edit: Sullivan you must have read my mind because that's everything i thought about this game.

Sullivan
07-25-2009, 11:32 PM
WTF - Adding insult to injury, but is TFC travelling by bus?

edit = DCU & SanJose 2-2 final.
edit #2 = email sent to a TFC player, reply rec'd - they are busing home from Columbus and ProZone summary very ugly!

Yohan
07-25-2009, 11:55 PM
one more thought

Serioux. Not a LB.

He does an adequate job as LB, but adequate is ok when the other 3 defenders are good, and can cover for your mistakes when you do occassionally screw up.

Not in TFC's case.

Serioux's biggest attributes, strength, positioning and guts was primarily negated on LB while it could have more useful on CB with Garey and Lenhart who are target striker types and not mobile need to battle it out with strong defenders.

Instead, Serioux got torched on LB for first goal, and Ekpo and his pace on 2nd half.

Maybe Cummins learned his lesson that Velez is a defensive liability. I don't think he cost the game under Cummins management yet

Rudi
07-26-2009, 12:05 AM
The Lord works in mysterious ways. Who knows the mind of God?
He was making it up to the Crew fans for having to reside in Columbus.

Dub Narcotic
07-26-2009, 12:12 AM
thank goodness someone is optimistic, because I sure ain't

if Crew fielded all of their first team tonight, we would have lost 6-2 or something. understand that Iro, Brunner, Oughton, Lenhart, Garey are NOT first team players for Columbus

TFC just played the two top teams in terms of points in the league. It was always going to be tough to get a lot of points from these games. Too many people on this board just seem to consider TFC in isolation. It's like TFC is a teenage girl sometimes, in reality the whole world does not revolve around this club and its ups and downs.

This was a tough loss, no doubt, but they played the best home team in the league tough and were winning with twenty minutes left. It will be the club's detriment if every loss is an apocalypse, this is the attitude that ruined clubs like Newcastle because it leads to endless short-term reactionary thinking.

tlear
07-26-2009, 12:30 AM
It was a heart breaker but this nowhere close to apocalypse.

Blizzard
07-26-2009, 12:33 AM
WTF - Adding insult to injury, but is TFC travelling by bus?

edit = DCU & SanJose 2-2 final.
edit #2 = email sent to a TFC player, reply rec'd - they are busing home from Columbus and ProZone summary very ugly!

Ya I'd heard about that. I believe it was some sort of bonding exercise although I would imagine that getting a late commercial flight out of Columbus to Toronto without going through another US city can't exactly be an easy thing to do.

Yohan
07-26-2009, 12:36 AM
TFC just played the two top teams in terms of points in the league. It was always going to be tough to get a lot of points from these games. Too many people on this board just seem to consider TFC in isolation. It's like TFC is a teenage girl sometimes, in reality the whole world does not revolve around this club and its ups and downs.

This was a tough loss, no doubt, but they played the best home team in the league tough and were winning with twenty minutes left. It will be the club's detriment if every loss is an apocalypse, this is the attitude that ruined clubs like Newcastle because it leads to endless short-term reactionary thinking.
with due respect, as someone who has studied this league a little, if anything MLS parity means that a team can beat any other team on a game day

however, circumstances do tilt the chances of a team winning.

so points... they are relevant, but not to the fact that we can separate who is the best team in the league. especially this season considering how many teams are so tight for the playoffs spot (and TFC was only a point behind Columbus)

the circumstances were perfect for a TFC win. 5 of Columbus's starters were out, including Shitlicker who has about a 1/3 of Columbus's goals so far this season. their key CB Chad Marshall was out, and Andy Iro and Brunner aren't exactly the most talented CBs in the world. ok, but nothing that TFC attack shouldn't be too worried about (and the attacking game was good!)

TFC defence made Garey and Big Bird look like good MLS strikers. they aren't. they work hard, and they have their upsides, but before this game, they hardly contributed to Columbus's offence. they were key to Columbus's victory against RSL last week, but coming into this game, Garey had 3 goals, and Lenhart had 1. basically a makeshift offence for the Crew, and TFC just pretty much drank stupid juice on defence

it was a game that we should have won, regardless of whether we were playing away. it was a test of character game, because it's a rivalry game, and the lads FAILED, esp to give up the winning goal in injury time.

given that we still have to play most of our games on the road, and the schedule doesn't exactly get any easier with 3 more key games coming up, if the lads can't hold on to get something out of a game that we really need to start picking up points on, how can we expect the lads to step up when the shit really hits the fan?

i can take a loss, if it's a hard fought loss, or something happened outside of player control (ie ref fuck ups). but this game, the defence esp gave up and did not put 100% effort.

this I cannot condone

mentally, this team is not 100% in the game all the time. I'd be happy if this team barely makes the playoffs now

unless something really changes in the team atmosphere, TFC will keep dropping easy points

Yohan
07-26-2009, 12:38 AM
Ya I'd heard about that. I believe it was some sort of bonding exercise although I would imagine that getting a late commercial flight out of Columbus to Toronto without going through another US city can't exactly be an easy thing to do.
it would be an interesting bonding exercise

if I was Velez, I'd stay the hell away from DeRo. probably lock himself in the shitter the entire ride

dantdot
07-26-2009, 01:23 AM
I immediately shut down the stream in a furious rage when they scored and just came back now to see the fallout. Urge to kill fading...RISING...fading..fading...gone.

thisisinternetclash
07-26-2009, 02:24 AM
Just got home (to Windsor) from the match. Absolutely shattered. Cracking game of football, but what a terrible, crushing defeat. I'll have some thoughts later. There were probably about a hundred of us in the stadium. I hope we came across relatively well, all things considered, on TV. We tried our best.

Hooligan69
07-26-2009, 02:30 AM
Sadly, I could see our loss tonight coming a mile away. We didn't play very well in the second half and it was only a matter of time before our lead was erased. I wasn't surprised at all.

Brooker
07-26-2009, 06:44 AM

thought i was alone in thinking that.

CretanBull
07-26-2009, 07:12 AM
And to Chris Cummins, I would love to hear how he thought bringing in White when he did rather than Dichio was the right move, and for that matter when he did bring Danny on why he thought taking off Gerba was the smart play.

Gerba was gassed and it was showing. He's played a lot of games recently after being off for awhile and Cummings was also probably thinking ahead to a big game - the biggest game in our history - on Wednesday night. So, I understand that move.

When we sit back and defend, we lose. With that in mind I wasn't against bringing on a striker when Columbus were starting to pour it on. Rather than try to kill the game off, I thought bringing on a striker was a good move. What I can't understand is why White and not Dichio. The only reasons that I can think of are that maybe he thought White was something new and unfamiliar for the Columbus D to have to think about, or maybe he just thought that White was hungry and eager to prove himself and played a hunch. In an important game, I'd rather see Dichio come in - experience is worth more than eagerness when the pressure is on.

Pookie
07-26-2009, 07:35 AM
^ agreed.

Unfortunately, the only assured thing we can take from last night's game is that we will forever be featured in any "Top 10 Comebacks in Columbus Crew History".... so yeah... that's nice.

On the plus side though, it looks as though the Nordecke got a copy of the RPB Songs and Chants CD. When they were down 2-1, I was fully expecting them to start chanting "C..R..E..............W...."

Brooker
07-26-2009, 07:37 AM
On the plus side though, it looks as though the Nordecke got a copy of the RPB Songs and Chants CD. When they were down 2-1, I was fully expecting them to start chanting "C..R..E..............W...."

LMAO!

CretanBull
07-26-2009, 07:52 AM

My cousin who is only a casual fan, but who has been to 5 or 6 games with me came over to watch the game at my house last night. While watching the game and hearing the Crew fans she must have said "Oh, they do that song to?" 3 or 4 times.

tfc2008
07-26-2009, 07:52 AM
you guys talk always about the defence, but how come there is always somuch pressure on the defence, because we dont have a midfield.
Look the fucking robinson wat can you do with that guy, what can you do with Barrett and the man who allone talk and never is concentrait on the game because he talk tomuch Guevara no this is not a mls team.
First of al the manager have to go out and build a team a team that fit in the mls

Kickit09
07-26-2009, 08:00 AM
"The squad is good enough." - Mo Johnston

Nuvinho
07-26-2009, 08:36 AM
one thing.....can we keep Serioux at CB, the past few bad performances have been when he has played LB.

bhoybobby
07-26-2009, 10:00 AM
"The squad is good enough." - Mo Johnston

Says it all really.

Good enough for what?:scarf:

TFC RealDeal RPB
07-26-2009, 10:17 AM
one thing.....can we keep Serioux at CB, the past few bad performances have been when he has played LB.

+1 i can't stand Serioux at LB. Why didn't CC put Velez at LB ?

Alixir
07-26-2009, 10:36 AM
i'm sorry but nick garcia is a bag of crap!

Thank god someone agrees with me about that.

Alixir
07-26-2009, 10:40 AM
Ratings:
Frei: 5 - Not very commanding in the box. had one nice punch. Should've challenged that last ball.

Wynne - 5 - Penetrated well upfield, allowed too much space behind him as usual. Wasn't at fault for the last goal, as he was tracking back from midfield, where he played after Velez slotted in on right, but looked close to the play due to his speed.

Velez - 4- Burned badly on the second goal by Lenhart, who just outstrode him. Out of position repeatedly, challenged late, was easily turned.

Serioux - 5 - A battler, but seems fragile as hell. His misplayed tackle allowed the space to open up for the first goal.

Brennan - 6 - worked hard all night, put some dangerous balls into the box, tracked back well.

Garcia - 5 - Was outhustled and outmuscled all night. Garey schooled him several times and beat him to two headers he had position on.

Vitti - 6.5 - Good movement, great cannon of a shot in the 72nd that almost salted the game, broke the double-team half-field trap for TFC several times.

Robbo - 4.5 - Missed several tackles, was lucky not to get a red and sprayed balls anywhere but at the guy he was aiming for. Shambolic performance for about half, anonymous for the rest.

Guevara - N/A - Went out too quickly to judge.

Derosario - 7 - Gave the crew fits. Wasn't perfect but was among the best players on the pitch all night, came inside dangerously.

Barrett - 7 - Very dangerous movement tonight and unlucky not to have a goal and another assist. That handball was pretty blatant.

Gerba - 7 - Great movement, hung off his defender's shoulder, tracked back into the midfield to add defensive pressure. Looked good.

O'Brien White - n/a - Didn't get enough touches to really rate .Movement looked pretty good.

Danny Dichio - 5 - Nodded a few balls down but didn't make much of an impact.
thats probably how I would have rated them but......after giving up the go ahead goal in 90+....I would put them all at 0.
Team effort...team waste.

boban
07-26-2009, 10:50 AM
Finally some insight into our team and this game.
Guy has major brain farts throughout the season.

boban
07-26-2009, 10:53 AM
You're funny. Please step away from the pc as you are not adding anything rational to your posts.
This is not the only time in the season we have played multiple games in a week. Also, this is something like the 10th time in the season that we have allowed goals and lost the lead/game in the final 15. Where was the friendly in those instances?

Yohan
07-26-2009, 11:37 AM
well, at least Jimmy B actually felt how shocking this loss was

he looked like Garey and Lenhart took turns kicking him in the groin. face was ashen grey and he could barely look up when speaking

hopefully he'll lit some fire under the team

Pachuco
07-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Frei had a bad game, a terrible game. But he hasn't had many of those and he's a rookie. He needs more bad games before I start calling him overrated. What now? Frei needs to go as well?

wzhxvy
07-26-2009, 11:43 AM
You're funny. Please step away from the pc as you are not adding anything rational to your posts.
This is not the only time in the season we have played multiple games in a week. Also, this is something like the 10th time in the season that we have allowed goals and lost the lead/game in the final 15. Where was the friendly in those instances?

The fact that you continue to disregard that Nana was missing and the team was out of gas at the end of the game...who is being rational ?

Yohan
07-26-2009, 11:44 AM
The fact that you continue to disregard that Nana was missing and the team was out of gas at the end of the game...who is being rational ?
not good enough excuses