PDA

View Full Version : The $19 ticket that cost me $29.55

RicoSuave44
07-24-2009, 03:49 PM
**Edit: sorry Mods if this is a repeat thread. Feel free to move.**

Anybody else experience this?........

Just sent this e-mail to my TFC ticket rep...

Hi _____, Graham Thorne here. SSH in 112.

Just writing you to express my displeasure with TicketMaster's gouging of me today. I followed the e-mail link that TFC sent me to buy a ticket in the newly available north end seats. Of course the $19 ticket had a convenience charge, but this time it was $3.80. Wow, I was a little pissed. Then the TicketFastDelivery charge of $2.50. Okay, I've seen that before. It angers me but I quickly got over it. So I submit all my credit card info as usual and hit the confirm order button. The next page displays another surcharge called the 'order processing fee' for a whopping $4.25 that wasn't even shown until after purchase. That $19 ticket came to $29.55. Pardon my French but how the f%#k am I supposed to deal with that? I know it's not your doing, but I'm sending you this e-mail because I am actually that pissed about this. I sent an e-mail to TicketMaster as well of course. Just wanted you to know how I feel.

Thanks,
Graham Thorne

About 30 seconds after I sent that e-mail my rep called me back and apologized for this and said its because these are extra seats that go around the SSH/Account Manager pages that I'm getting these charges. I know its not really TFC FOs fault, but as far as TicketMaster is concerned I feel like going postal.

Sooooooo piping mad right now....

Limani_Ole
07-24-2009, 03:56 PM
giver!!

you aint wrong for being mad.. something should be done about this

DangerRed
07-24-2009, 04:03 PM
Dude, you sound like you're nearing an aneurysm. I'm not trying to belittle your feelings here, but you have to pick your battles. Yes, $10 more is considerable, you're right, but it's also roughly the price of a pint of beer. And you get to see your Reds play PR for what is still a very reasonable price. If you're "piping mad" over this, I'd hate to be stuck in traffic with you.

I know, I know, it's not the money, it's the principle of the thing, right? Just make sure you don't give yourself a stroke over this.

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for MLSE, TicketMaster or the TFC front office.

BakaGaijin
07-24-2009, 04:03 PM
You should be patially disgruntled with ML$E. Ticketbastard service charges are negotiated between Ticketbasted and the event promoter/venue and the promoter/venue gets a cut from them.

Some of that blood money is going directly to ML$E.

Billy the kid
07-24-2009, 04:05 PM
I don't think it's unreasonable to expect TFC to find out and disclose what the surcharges will be particulary if it increases the ticket price by 50%. Taxes are a different story since everyone knows they are added after.

Gobi
07-24-2009, 04:06 PM
Ticketmaster is the biggest scam going. It's f*cking criminal.
I don't know how they get away with it.

(I wish I could come up with such an ingeniously lucrative business idea. ;))

spezz44
07-24-2009, 04:06 PM
cost me 51$ for two tickets its not like thats a huge amount id suggest you not stress it enjoy the game and be glad u didnt over pay a scalper to see a great game.

DangerRed
07-24-2009, 04:07 PM
cost me 51$ for two tickets its not like thats a huge amount id suggest you not stress it enjoy the game and be glad u didnt over pay a scalper to see a great game.

Hear, hear!

:scarf::scarf::scarf:

Parkdale
07-24-2009, 04:11 PM
yeah, ticketmaster makes mlse look like a soup kitchen run by nuns!

I always pick things up at the box office if that's an option.

yellowfellow
07-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Yeah, box office is the way to go. I saved $30 for the Zidane game. And, you get to choose seats.

Cannon
07-24-2009, 04:22 PM
The biggest rip off is making you pay $2.50 or whatever it is to print your ticket at home!!

I'm useing my ink, on my printer at my time and it costs me money towards ticketmaster to do that? BS!!

rocker
07-24-2009, 04:29 PM
somebody call Eddie Vedder and tell him Ticketmaster is still gouging ;)

Sab0tage
07-24-2009, 04:46 PM
I bought four tickets in the north end, and it cost me close to $100. It definitely sucks, but it's worth it.

ExiledRed
07-24-2009, 04:50 PM
There is a viable alternative to ticketmaster for MLSE

This company is Toronto based, and aims to compete with ticketmaster by not screwing people over. (Novel but possibly a good business plan)

I met their CEO at a developer meeting recently, and I was impressed with his vision for the company. All they want is $1 from every ticket.

http://www.tickettrunk.com/

wzhxvy
07-24-2009, 04:51 PM
How much of the $10 bucks is going back to MLSE ? if you guys dont think there is some form of "rebate" back you are dreaming...

bhoybobby
07-24-2009, 04:51 PM
There is a viable alternative for MLSE

This company is Toronto based, and aims to compete with ticketmaster by not screwing people over. (Novel but possibly a good business plan)

I met their CEO at a developer meeting recently, and I was impressed with his vision for the company. All they want is $1 from every ticket.

Where u been??:scarf:

ExiledRed
07-24-2009, 04:52 PM
developing :)

bhoybobby
07-24-2009, 04:54 PM
developing :)

It's a Friday, so I'm not gonna take advantage of that wide open door:drinking:

werewolf
07-24-2009, 04:56 PM
There is a viable alternative to ticketmaster for MLSE

either that or they could do it all themselves, which many pro teams do.

Rudi
07-24-2009, 05:11 PM
Anybody remember when TicketMaster used to mail your tickets to you for free? That wasn't that long ago (maybe 3-4 years).

Now you can't even get tickets mailed, you have to get them couriered if you want them delivered (which of course costs $$$).

iansmcl
07-24-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm pretty sure that's face value for the South End seats included (or not) in the season seat package.

*shrug*

Go to the box office and save yourself the convenience and mailing fees.

egoodwin
07-24-2009, 10:10 PM
a 33% service fee is 100% bullshit

Dust2
07-25-2009, 02:23 AM
This is why monopoly is bad for consumers.

If only ticketmaster has a competitor......

Shakes McQueen
07-25-2009, 03:32 AM
a 33% service fee is 100% bullshit

Exactly. It's the principle. Why are people telling him to calm down, because it's still a good deal?

A 33% increase in price, for nothing but nonsense "processing" surcharges, is maddening. And a fee to print off your own ticket on your own printer? That shouldn't even be legal.

I don't blame the TFC FO for this, but that doesn't make it any easier to swallow. Hopefully more peopel will complain, and get them to switch to a fairer ticket provider.

- Scott

The Kingpin
07-25-2009, 04:12 AM
This is why monopoly is bad for consumers.

If only ticketmaster has a competitor......

EXACTLY! Start supporting scenarios like the ones Exiled has referred you to...

SilverSamurai
07-25-2009, 08:35 AM
That sucks.
I don't remember getting charged to have my tickets mailed to me.
Infact, I didn't print them out because they did charge for that but didn't to mail them.
Weird...

Petor
07-25-2009, 12:49 PM
That sucks.
I don't remember getting charged to have my tickets mailed to me.
Infact, I didn't print them out because they did charge for that but didn't to mail them.
Weird...

They will mail them to you for free but there is a cut off date, 7 days from event I think.

SilverSamurai
07-25-2009, 12:55 PM
They will mail them to you for free but there is a cut off date, 7 days from event I think.
Ah ok, that explains it.

Still I think it's stupid that they charge you to print it off on your own. Talk about nickel and diming...:hulk::poke::banghead:

daner90
07-25-2009, 01:09 PM
Purchase Summary

ItemChargeTicketsENEMA Tickets
Total Convenience Charge(s)CA $79.00 x 2
CA $11.00 x 2Total Building Facility Charge(s)CA $3.75 x 2Mail
(includes Order Processing Fee)</STRONG> CA $4.35TOTAL CHARGESCA $191.85

This is the cost breakdown for the tickets I bought for Blink 182.
34 dollars in extra charges on top of tickets which I thought were overpriced as it was. I hate ticketmaster with a passion.

stugautz
07-25-2009, 01:23 PM
I want to go to this game in those seats, but I flat out refuse to pay the unnecessary markup for these seats. There is no reason why it should cost $10 to process an order for tickets. ATM fees don't cost that much.

Yohan
07-25-2009, 01:30 PM
I want to know what's exactly 'convenient' about those convenience fees

prizby
07-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Anybody remember when TicketMaster used to mail your tickets to you for free? That wasn't that long ago (maybe 3-4 years).

Now you can't even get tickets mailed, you have to get them couriered if you want them delivered (which of course costs $$$).

you can still get them mailed...thats what i do...and btw, its free lol and they get here usually within a day or 2 (well for me) living in north york

Dirk Diggler
07-25-2009, 01:53 PM
I want to know what's exactly 'convenient' about those convenience fees

They are running out of euphemistic terms to introduce new ways to pad their wallets.

Yohan
07-25-2009, 01:57 PM
They are running out of euphemistic terms to introduce new ways to pad their wallets.
it's 'convenient' for ticketmaster to charge more fees